Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

◆ TAMLIN || DEADWEIGHT ◆ (DOPPO/Tamlin/Job)

DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Terra
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 2,243,068

Character Sheet
    First Skill: [Second Generation] Ice Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: - - -
    Third Skill:

In Progress ◆ TAMLIN || DEADWEIGHT ◆ (DOPPO/Tamlin/Job)

Post by DOPPO 26th April 2019, 4:56 pm

CHIYUKI
    "D."
    SUZUKI
    528/1,500 words || @ || job info/job sign-up || gdi Tam

It was late into the evening, and the Rune Knight headquarters began its strangely tranquil transition. Men and women retired from their cubicles and offices to go home while others appeared from the doorway ready to begin their shifts. Not everyone followed a strict schedule, and many of them were distinctly unique from one another, but the headquarters were never empty and was always bustling with some kind of activity. There was always some tragedy to deal with regardless of the time of day. Unfortunately for Chiyuki, or better known as Doppo by some folks, his daily routines usually revolved around work in Era or at headquarters. He spent his nights and his days in Era and many would consider him some sort of a workaholic, even though he wasn't one and never intended to portray himself that way.

The Field Marshall, Serilda Sinclair, happened to be away this evening. So Doppo created a dangerous habit of retiring to her own office and sitting in her own chair while she was away. He hadn't been caught but his being there was widespread information among those who watched him, and very few seemed to have an issue with it considering all he did was resume his work and occasionally nap. However, this time around, the listless redhead seemed to be moodier. He looked as indifferent as a human being could possibly be, but his brows scrunched and screwed together more often than usual and it was these minute details that made clear his mood.

Chiyuki was waiting for Tamlin—a recent recruit whose work ethic was abysmal and discipline was nonexistent. Frankly, he seemed to loiter more than work, and it was becoming an issue. Although he had attempted to correct him several times, Tamlin seemed to ignore it. So, consequently, he had requested a coworker to send out some ominous request that Serilda Sinclair herself wanted to see him in her office—in which Chiyuki sat patiently with a bag of cheap fudge cookies from a convenience store nearby and a bottle of scotch in front of him. The woman who sent out the request from him was, of course, weary and anxious about doing such a thing dishonestly, but the redhead had somehow convinced her to do it anyway—apparently telling her that he would take the blame and telling her this as lackadaisically as he could be persuasive enough for her. So now, he waited.

He waited in his usual black, crisp uniform. It was perhaps the simplest of them all and stood out the least, but it was supremely well-kept and didn't make him look any less sharp despite his slouching posture and an awful case of bedhead and baggy eyes. He was reclining back into the leather seat, a cold glass pressed against his lips with the amber alcohol slowly trickling in with any small movement of his fingers. He was reading through some sort of paperwork—recent reports, probably. He was only a private himself but he spent a great amount of time helping others rather than pursuing investigations and other things, and this happened to be one of them. And so he waited, brooding, and unhappy.

STATISTICS
    HP: x/y
    MP: x/y
    Spells Used: xxx
    Abilities Active: xxx
    Weapons Equipped: xxx
    Monsters Killed: xxx
    Other Notes: xxx
    IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Serena von Edelweiss
    Serena von Edelweiss

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Shiva
    Experience : 106,180

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

In Progress Re: ◆ TAMLIN || DEADWEIGHT ◆ (DOPPO/Tamlin/Job)

Post by Serena von Edelweiss 4th May 2019, 5:29 pm

Tam was just about to head home when Stenson, one of the higher ranked rune knights stopped him dead in his tracks. "Oi Tamlin... You can't escape this time..." Stenson growled as he grabbed Tam by his wrinkled collar. Tam chuckled as he raised his hands up in surrender. "Stensoooon duuude relax...I'm not going anywhere. I was just about to do my daily reports" Tam lied as gave Stenson a bright innocent smile. Before Stenson could lecture Tam, a female rune knight approached the two.

"Excuse me Stenson but The Field Marshall is looking for Tamlin" The female Rune Knight nodded to Tam's direction gesturing him to follow her. Stenson smiled, his face glowing with victory. As soon as Tam heard this he broke into a cold sweat. He was aware of the terror Serilda was. He knew that he would not survive the battle. He turned to see anyone who could rescue him, but alas hope was snuffed. Out of desperation, he grabbed Stenson's collar.

"Stenson....my dude... I KNOW WE HAD OUR DIFFERENCES... b-but from one man to another... do me a favor...go log on my lacbook pro, open my history and DELETE EVERYTHING! Please... I beg of you..." Tears began to well up from Tam's eyes. Stenson looked at Tam. Despite his hatred for Tam's blatant disregard for orders and discipline, for Stenson knew.... that this.... this was a man's request. And as a man, he could not simply abandon a brother in need. With a nod, a small light fire ignited the twos spirit. "Tamlin...I take this mission...I really hate you kid... but I can't deny a mans request... In return for this favor... take these documents, and give them to the field Marshall before you die... at the very least you'll die with a shard of decency..." Stenson nodded stoically as he handed the files to Tam.

"T-thank you Stenson... you're truly a man of honor..." Tam graciously took the files and shook Stenson's hand. The female rune knight watched the exchange and simply grimaced at the sight of pure degeneracy that just unfolded in front of her. "Are you two done?" The female Rune Knight, thinking to herself why in gods name she did this favor. Tam and Stenson's simply nodded, all the other men nodded silently to themselves as they watched the two men part ways.

The female rune knight led Tam to Serilda's office, Tam followed like a baby lamb to the slaughter. except this baby lamb was fully aware that it was about to be reduced to nothing but a bloody pulp. The rune knight gestured to the door before she left Tam alone. Tam sighed and looked at the door to Serilda's office. It kinda looked like a tombstone, or perhaps Tam was just hallucinating due to hyperventilation. Tam sighed and stepped up to the door and knocked...

"Hello it's me Tam....you wanted to see me mam?"
    Tam's knees shook as he awaited the response. His mind raced, trying to recall when was the last time he fucked up...... which was maybe 30 minutes ago? Anyway's Tam knew his time had come... or did it? Tam opened the door opened to reveal the person inside...

_________________________________________________________________________________
    [534/1,500 words]
    DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- A-Rank- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by DOPPO 4th May 2019, 5:49 pm

CHIYUKI
    "D."
    SUZUKI
    804/1,500 words || @Tamlin || job info/job sign-up || gdi Tam

A few minutes had passed and the long awaited knocking of knuckles against Serilda's door insued. It was the hardness of anxious fingers that knocked against that door, making it plenty clear that Tamlin, and he assumed that that's who it was, was nervous. Well, he should've been as nervous as anyone would be if the Field Marshall, one of the strongest mages in Fiore and the leader of the prestigious Rune Knights, called them in. Let alone a mere recruit of all echelons. Something incredibly awful or brilliant was likely to happen to them if this were the case—but it wasn't.

The doors opened and lo and behold, tall wide-eyed Tamlin steps in. Probably to his surprise, it wasn't the fearsome and incredibly praised Serilda Sinclair waiting for him, but Private Suzuki, or Doppo, with handfuls of fudge cookies carefully stacked next to a small bottle of amber scotch. An odd yet tasty combination. Chiyuki sighed, "Sorry to disappoint, but it's just me. . ." the redhead reclined back the executive leather chair, resting his cheek on his fist and pointed to the less impressive leather chair just ahead of him, "sit down." Chiyuki told him.

His voice sounded like normal, worn and sleepy, and his eyes just as reflective of this fact. But there wasn't a lick of indignation or frustration for Tamlin that he normally held in his undertones. No, he simply sounded tired. He was always tired but this time, especially so. He continued to snack away on his cookies, careful not to let any crumb find its way onto the desk, the glasses empty and the amber scotch unopened.

STATISTICS
    Other Notes: xxx
    IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Serena von Edelweiss
    Serena von Edelweiss

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Serena von Edelweiss 6th May 2019, 8:29 pm

The door swung open as Tam held his breath, ready to meet his end. To his surprise, it was not the Ice Queen of death that awaited him. A familiar redhead sat in Serild's seat. Tam raised an eyebrow in curiosity and surprise. Tam let out a sigh of relief as he closed the door behind him. "Doppo? What the... I'm not disappointed... I'm more relieved haha..." Tam sat down and set the files he had received from Stenson on the desk. The rucksack that hung from Tam's back clattered as he made himself comfortable on the seat.

Something was up... Tam began thinking why Doppo would go to such lengths to summon him in this way. It wasn't exactly difficult to have a chat with Tam, in fact, he was one of the most sociable guys at the canteen. At first, Tam thought of this as some sort of prank, but then again Doppo didn't seem to be the time to waste precious energy on some trivial thing. Tam's green eyes stared at Doppos set of sleepy peepers. Tam's blood suddenly grew cold... Could it be Doppo was on to him? Perhaps Doppo was some sort of spy... Tam's palms grew sweaty as his heart began to pound.

Tam had been investigating a crime syndicate during the past few weeks. In Tam's recent find during one of his investigations, there was some evidence that someone in the Magical Counsel was involved with this said syndicate. Unfortunately, Tam lacked concrete evidence, in fact, he still didn't have the syndicates name... If he would report it to anyone, Tam would most likely be called a liar and a hoax. It didn't help the fact that he kept skipping out on training, thus causing him to be branded as the slacker and class clown. His heart was heavy as he realized how deep of a hole he dug himself in. The more he investigated the Tam realized he was in over his head. None of his superiors knew about his actions or the investigation.

If the syndicate did have ties in the Magic Council, the chances of crooked cops in the Rune Knights were among their ranks. Tam grew slightly pale, as he realized he still had the mask that he wore during the investigations in his bag, in fact, he had quite a few bits of evidence on him. If Doppo was a spy and if he checked the bag, Tam knew it would mean bad news. Tam debated on grabbing his bag and bolting out, but then again Doppo was far stronger than him. The chances of Tam being able to escape was basically impossible.

Tam knew there was only one way to approach the situation. He had to be calm. Tam once again made firm eye contact with Doppo and regained his composure. Tam let out a deep breath and leaned back to a more relaxed position. He kicked his feet up onto the desk. "So... haha... nice prank you got me!... But for real though... What do you need?" Tam asked in a more serious tone.
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    [1,052/1,500 words]
    DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by DOPPO 7th May 2019, 11:03 am

CHIYUKI
    "D."
    SUZUKI
    1,410/1,500 words || @Tamlin || job info/job sign-up || gdi Tam

Chiyuki could tell that Tamlin was still on edge about the situation. Something about his demeanor had changed. Maybe it was the tension that visibly tightened his muscles or the lack thereof that allowed for Chiyuki to take notice of it. But this was to be expected, there could've been a litany of things to talk about when it came to Tamlin's work ethic and performance alone, and while the redhead did wish to bring these things up, he figured that it was probably best to address the bigger picture first.

He forced a crooked smile in watching Tamlin's feet suddenly shuffle and kick onto the Field Marshall's desk. ". . . Well, Tamlin. . ." Chiyuki replied, and the tight grip of his fingers, he pinched Tamlin's toes through his shoes, lifted and removed them from the desk with haste. "'M twird of thwis. . ." he muttered in between shoveling the rest of his cookies into his mouth and sweeping the crumbs into his palms to only bring to his mouth again.

Chiyuki began to finally get around to the scotch in between words, twisting the cap off with a signature pop! noise. The amber fell from the glass container into his much smaller glass, filling it about a quarter of its volume. He brought it to his mouth but didn't drink from it, instead of pushing the other empty glass towards Tamlin's end of the desk and silently offering him some. "The fellas here at headquarters have really tried to push you into your stride.
    . . to get you to do something. . . but you still won't come to trainings and anything you do to substitute for that lost time won't ever be as good as being there with everyone. . ."
    Chiyuki twisted a small bundle of red hair around his index finger, sipping from his amber scotch, ". . . this is probably just a job for you. . . money and all of that—and I get it." he mumbled. His voice was heavy and weary, his eyes staring into the amber scotch with indifference and longing in their gaze.

Chiyuki reclined back into the leather chair again, his gaze rising from the glass to Tamlin's equally lax figure. He nodded to his uniform, "I don't know what you do with the time you make for yourself when you ditch your duties, and I really don't care. . ." he then looked back to Tamlin with a certain solemnity and melancholy in his expression, ". . . but what will you say when you're called to action one day and something happens to not only you but your colleagues because of your inexperience. . . ? What if, say,
    Crimson Fang returns and we don't have it all together like last time. . .? That'll be fun."
    he finally stopped. It was easily the most he had ever spoken to someone in the last month, but this wasn't uncommon when he had something to say. While soft-spoken when he spoke and if he spoke, he was an incredibly busy-minded man.

As he talked on and drank in between pauses, he began to realize that he wasn't angry at Tamlin, or even weary of his actions, but exasperated by his choices. It exhausted him of any energy there was for being angry. So before he knew it, he was more tired than usual. But even still he began to wonder if he was angry at all, or if this was some viscious form of concern for his colleagues—the ones on the younger side of the age spectrum especially.

STATISTICS
    Other Notes: "I'm tired of this" is what he says if you couldn't understand.
    IVYLEAF33

Serena von Edelweiss
    Serena von Edelweiss

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Serena von Edelweiss 6th September 2019, 7:50 pm

Tam acknowledged Doppos concern. "If you're implying I would get in the way of the of everyone... Rest assured I won't be dead weight. I can hold my ground very much, sir." Tam smiled sweetly as he leaned forward and pulled out a small booklet from his back pocket. It was the Rune Knight training manual, the book was covered in notes, bookmarks, and highlights.

"I'm aware of every known protocol within the Rune Knights... well... every protocol that people of my rank are allowed to know. I've done my research and looked into all the abilities of each and every member in my unit... I've passed the requirements required to be part of the engineering department." Tam sighed as he tossed a wrinkled piece of paper stating that he was part of the engineering department.

"If you're also thinking if I'm not capable of holding my end in a fight... I've been coming early in the mornings to do the same regiments that everyone does. If you need proof you can ask the knights stationed here in the early shift." Tam sighed once more, he looked up to the ceiling and closed his eyes.

"I like to keep to myself, boss man... I'm not the type to take credit for things... I find it much easier to move around when you're not in the spotlight... besides you've got plenty of super-soldiers around... I mean look at Shane, he and I entered around the same time, him maybe being a bit earlier than I... you all got plenty of capable people around." Tam smiled as he politely declined the drink offered.

"Not much of a drinker... I don't drink on the job..." Tam winked as he pulled out a cigarette out of his coat pocket and lit it. Funny enough the smell wasn't of tobacco or menthol, it gave off a pleasant minty scent. "listen Doppo... not so sure why you're so worked up... The Boss lady hasn't said anything, nor has her leading man..."

Tam leaned forward and blew the smoke off to the side. "If you have orders for me I'll get it done... If you think I'm just working for the cash... well sorry to burst your bubble pal, there's plenty of people like that working here. So If I'm just working for a check... what's it to you? the way I see it there isn't a problem... I'm doing all my responsibilities even if people don't see my work." Tam's usual bubbly demeanor seemed to harden. It was as if he was building an invisible barrier around him and his coworkers. Every word he said was true. Tam fulfilled all his responsibilities, granted he gave most of the credit to other unknowing Rune Knights. Tam preferred working alone, no one else would be at risk only him.

[Total words 1523/1500(COMPLETE)]

Last edited by Tamlin on 12th September 2019, 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by DOPPO 7th September 2019, 1:57 pm

MAJOR
    CHIYUKI
    SUZUKI
    1,708/1,500 words (COMPLETE)|| @Tamlin|| job info/job sign-up || edgy Tam.

"Mm. Okay." Doppo responded noncomittedly as Tamlin attempted to debunk every point he was trying to make while ignoring many of the valid one he did make. His inability to see the value in being part of the group only further exasperated Doppo, beyond what facial expressions could replicate. So, not surprisingly, his demeanor remained fatigued and drained.

"Starting tomorrow, you'll be participating in some morning exercises with me. . ." Doppo sluggishly sipped his drink again, staring at Tamlin's cigarette, "if you're the only one measuring your competence, it might as well means nothing if no one else can validate it. .  . Also. . ." the redhead pointed to the cigarette this time, ". . .don't smoke in here."

There were some things that Doppo believed to be true about working with others even though he, like Tamlin, had an aversion to it at first (and still does). You could do all the exercises and regiments and know all of the protocols that everyone else does but deem it all meaningless and work in vain if they insist on working alone in a field where cooperation and community were key. Although some compromises to comfort and adjustments to attitude must be made, it was for the betterment of everyone, and consequently, Doppo couldn't have said he regretted it without lying. He wasn't the type to mentor others or to parent them if he could help it, but there was something about seeing his younger colleagues waste away or ignore their potential that made him at least want to try to help them.

It was during this pause between them that the redhead suddenly recalled Tamlin's age. He was no older than nineteen and suddenly made this nitpicking, snappy remark of his more believable and understandable.

STATISTICS
    Spells Used:
    Other Notes: Twins' appearance
    IVYLEAF33

Serena von Edelweiss
    Serena von Edelweiss

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Serena von Edelweiss 12th September 2019, 8:45 pm

Before tam could protest, Tam realized it was fight he wasn't going to win. At that point Tam decided to simply go along with Doppo's instructions. Perhaps in the morning the morning training would be a blessing in disguise. Perhaps Tam would be able to show Doppo his competence. Maybe...JUST maybe Doppo will leave Tam alone.

Tam looked at Doppo with his sea green eyes. "Yes....sir...." Tam took one last puff from his cigarette before snuffing it out using his pointer finger and thumb. The heat from the cigarette didn't bother Tam's calloused hands as a faint hiss was made as the final embers were snuffed out. Tam swiftly cleaned the ashes and tossed the half smoked cigarette into his ruck sack. Tam silently gestured to Doppo as if saying there, the smoke stick is gone, ya happy now?. Even so he didn't speak another word. He simply did what he was told with out any verbal complaint.

Tam got up from his seat and walked around the table. His 6 foot tall stature  over the sitting Doppo. He reached over and plucked the last cookie from Doppos bag and walked out. "See ya in the mornin... major Suzuki..." Tam gave Doppo a sloppy salute that wasn't even facing Doppo for Tam was already halfway out the door. Just as Tam closed the door, he chomped on the cookie. With that said and done Tam went down and decided to just call it a day and head home. As he descended down the stairs Tam put on his bright and sunny persona. He waved at some of his fellow Rune Knights, shooting a few closer acquaintances with a playful finger gun. Yes Tam was thought to be a slacker, but there were also plenty of other Rune Knights who enjoyed Tam's sunny smiles and seemingly outgoing outlook.... Besides the morning chase between the drill Sargent's and Tam was free entertainment for everyone...

Just as Tam was about to step out of the building Tam looked around. Admiring the the Rune Knight Head Quarters. He saw how diligently everyone worked. Yes this was job to some... but no one could deny everyone there were allies... comrades... brothers and sisters in arms... A slight prick was felt in Tam's heart... the regret? The desire? Whatever it was.... Tam was surprised the small feeling of longing to belong... it surprised him...for he had thought that he had abandoned feelings like that long... long ago...But before Tam could be swallowed by his thoughts, he resurfaced back to reality.

"I'm sorry Doppo... sorry guys...there's are just somethings I need to do by myself...I..I can't let anyone else dragged into the shit I'm dealing with" Tam muttered underneath his breath as he headed off to his tiny boat down at the docks of Hargeon Town...

Later that night...

Time: 2:46 am

Beep...Beep...Beep...

"Ugh... Alright I'm up... I'm up..." groaned tam as he brushed his pink hair away from his sleepy eyes. He reached out and picked up is ilac to see who was calling. Unfortunately before he could pick up the phone the call ended. Tam picked up his phone and looked at the lock screen on his phone...
    ◆ TAMLIN || DEADWEIGHT ◆ (DOPPO/Tamlin/Job) Tam_an11

It was a picture shot by one of the interns down at a lab he was frequently visiting. In that picture it was Tam handing a  a cup of tea to a beautiful young woman in red. The girls had beautiful dark chocolate brown locks that cascaded down to her shoulders. She had sky blue eyes. The picture was candid with Tam's concerned look, while the woman had completely surprised.... Tam remembered that day...

"Yo!"

"Oh hey Tam!"

"It's four o clock already! You haven't come down for lunch!"

"Oh it's four already? Gee... no wonder I'm feeling a slight bit peckish..."

"ugh...Seriously...you're lucky I packed extra food...."

"Really?!"

"Yes.. really... I had a feeling something like this would happen again....here eat up it's your favorite..."

"Thanks! Lemme just finish this rea-"

"No. Eat. Now."

"Fiiine mom... hahaha"

"...."

"...."

"hey tam?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you... works been a lot of fun ever since you started helping out here"

"W-what? Oh don't mention it. I-I'm just doing this to pass my engineering exam down at the Rune Knights.... you know get some training and what not..."

"I know... but still I'm glad you're here..."

"Y-yeah me too... Go and eat your lunch already... here... have some tea while you're at it"

The memory came like a flash. He chuckled relishing those moments at the lab. That girl in the photo was the one who got a battle junkie like tam to grow an appreciation in the sciences and magic department, she was the why he applied to the engineering corpse. She was the only one Tam trusted his secrets too...... For Tam.... She was the most important person in the world...

Tam checked his phone and saw the call was from the girl in the photo. "Pft...of course... it's her.... she would be the only one up at this hour hahaha...." Tam shook his head as he chuckled to himself. He unlocked his phone and called her...

"Yo! Wassu-"

"Tam? Please I need you're help...." a female voice whispered came form the other side of the line. Her voice was shaky and scared. Tam's blood grew cold...something was wrong...

"What's wrong?....What's going on... calm down it's going to be okay... where are you right now?"
    Tam forced himself to calm down as he quickly turned the phone on speaker. He quickly began to get ready putting on his Rune Knight uniform.

"I'm at the lab... I'm hiding in the server room..."

"Is there anyone else from the lab with you?"

"No... it's just me....some masked men came in with some sort of demonic summons and started ransacking the place....t-they're looking for something"

"okay...I'm on the way.....stay calm... stay safe... I'm on the way...." Tam said with a voice calm and cold as steel. His heart pounded with worry.

Suddenly the call dropped.

"Hello? Hello?!... SHIT" Tam cursed as he bolted out from his boat into the docks towards the lab...

The next day Tam did not show up.... nor the next day or the next... days turned into weeks.... weeks turned to months... about ten months had passed since anyone seen or heard of Artorias R. Tamlin...

Last edited by Tamlin on 15th September 2019, 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DOPPO
    DOPPO

Coeval Titanic

Coeval Titanic

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by DOPPO 13th September 2019, 4:50 pm

MAJOR
    GENERAL
    SUZUKI
    2,672/3,500 words|| @Tamlin|| job info/job sign-up || edgy Tam.

When Tamlin quickly receded to Doppo's orders, it seemed that their exchange for tonight had come to end. Tamlin would pluck the last cookie from Doppo's grasp before he could eat it, snuffed out his cigarette, and gave him a sloppy salute as he walked out of the office. The redheaded Major didn't say anything as he left, not knowing that it would be the last time he would see him before he'd vanish from the face of Earthland and that the morning they had both looked forward to would never happen. He did not know that it would happen, and so the only thing that occupied his mind and body was the umbrage he felt in seeing his last cookie taken from him and the scotch he was drinking intermittently.

When the following morning came and Tamlin did not show up, Doppo felt as if he had confirmed his worst suspicions—that Tamlin was lazy and uncommitted to the job, and for many days, that was what Doppo had believed to be true in his absence. He had wanted to believe that Tamlin would’ve rose to his expectations, but alas, the redhead would continue his morning exercises at the same time that he and Tamlin would’ve been training together—alone.

A month had passed since then, and Doppo had long suspended his belief that Tamlin simply “flaked out” on their morning exercises. Information surfaced on events that took place the same night he vanished, but it wasn't anything that he could draw conclusions on, and so he eventually put a lot of time in pondering his memory of Tamlin. He and many others never thought of him as competent, but his presence was always there within headquarters. He may vanish from time to time, but he and that bubbly grinning face of his would always reappear sooner rather than later. But it never did, and many of the bumbling Rune Knights who indulged in him and were pestered by him were all beginning to wonder about him alike.

Many months had passed now, and the subtle differences in atmosphere Tamlin's disappearance had caused slowly reverted back to normal. Doppo's "Missing Person" form had long been submitted along with many others, and everyone had no choice but to continue to serve and have faith that their officers would recover Private Tamlin—even Doppo. Their minds had wandered away from the question of "Where did Private Tamlin disappear off to?" and back to what duties they were going to be assigned that day or when they were to receive promotions. Private Tamlin had been of no greater import than the missing Ms. Baker or Dr. Scwartz. The age of the missing person reports rusted its value, as it seems. But the value never seemed to dissipate with Doppo.

1,694. . . 1,695. . . 1,696. . . 1,697. . .

In the Engineering Corps Gymnasium, a familiar looking redhead could be seen in the corner doing one-handed push-ups near the lifting weights without a shirt on, sweat dripping from all parts of his body and collecting in a pool beneath him. In his head, he kept count on the amount of push-ups he was doing.

1,698. . . 1,699. . . 1,700. . . 1,701. . .

The recently promoted Major General Suzuki had looked a little different since half a year ago. He would intermittently cut his hair in a way that was sloppy but exposed his face a little bit more and looked somewhat presentable if it were slicked back. He had gotten notably buffer since then and has routinely come to the gymnasium to do his morning exercises instead of going outside. Hearing himself grunt and groan through the echoes of the gymnasium distracted him from a litany of other things he was dealing with. Aside from these few notable details, the soft-spoken but heavy-hearted Doppo had not changed at all and continued to look as weary and plagued with fatigue as ever.

Tap, tap, tap

The sound of a group of men and women marching into the gymnasium suddenly became clear as they'd arrive for their morning exercises. When they came in, the whole dozen of them saluted. One Knight with a buzz-cut and large, soft eyes stared at no one in particular as he stood in front to speak.

"Major General Suzuki, sir!" he announced.

Flippantly, Doppo paused his push-ups and looked up to the group with a weary and somewhat bewildered gaze. He tilted his head and wondered why such a large group of privates were here interrupting his exercises. ". . .Mm. . .?"

"Our morning drill, sir!" the soft-eyed private responded, his expression beginning to screw up in anxiety. For several moments, there was no exchange between Doppo and the group of privates. Nothing to fill the gap between them but silence. It wasn't until an entire minute has passed that Doppo suddenly recalled what they were talking about.

"Oh," said Doppo, perking up, "I'm sorry, I forgot. . ." he apologized unapologetically, always forgetting important things like this. ". . .Wait outside. . ."

"Yessir!" the group of privates all responded in rising crescendo, then hastily walking away to wait outside in front of headquarters for their superior officer who sometimes filled in for their drill sergeant.

As Doppo watched his subordinates exit, his face along with his gaze fell to the ground directly beneath him. He felt his hot breath reflect back onto his face as it bounced off the ground before he decided to stand up. He tossed a dry towel over his neck and began to pat his face with it. His blue eyes wandered to the ceiling lights as they beamed on his glistening skin.

I want what time lunch starts. I'm hungry. . .

STATISTICS
    Spells Used:
    Other Notes:
    IVYLEAF33

Serena von Edelweiss
    Serena von Edelweiss

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Serena von Edelweiss 15th September 2019, 10:09 pm

The Rune Knight hall was bustling around each knight clamoring to get their work done. A flow of seasoned and rookie law enforcers shuffled around attending to their own individual tasks. T'was like a colony of busy bees, each person had their specific role and occupation they had to attend too in order to maintain the functional ebb and flow of all this said and done. Despite this seemingly chaotic yet tranquil scene, there was one individual who ruled it all. Serilda Sinclair, the undisputed head honcho of the renowned and reformed Rune Knights. Along with her leading man Mythal Ragnos, the two managed to bring some uniformity and structure to the once razed organization. Now the Rune Knights were fully functional asset to the kingdom and society.

Like a searing hot knife, a flash of golden hue darted across the sea of preoccupied uniformed individuals. Quick like a blot of condensed plasma from a expeditious lightning bolt, the golden flash weaved through the crowd. "'Excuses me! Pardon Me!" was the phrased uttered by this sunlight golden individual as he darted past a corner at breakneck speed.

The said individual screeched to a halt in front of the help center desk. A perplexed Rune Knight looked up breaking her from the shackles of menial labor and paper work. She raised one eye brow up to the Golden ball of sunshine that stood in front of her. “Can… I help you?” she inquired the tall young man that towered over the desk at the height of six feet and five inches.

”Oh yes! Uhm… I had a question… Is Major Suzuki here?” inquired the black and golden clothed gentleman.

"Yes... he's currently facilitating the morning training for the private ranked officers... or I at least I assume he should be...Why?"
    the female Rune Knight narrowed her eyes and locked her gaze with the curious fellow. She was instantly greeted with the sapphire gleam of sea green eyes. Eyes that twinkled just like how the sunlight would shine upon the gentle waves of the shallow depths of a beautiful reef. The young mans smile was warm and endearing. goofy yet charming. Something about the way the young man held himself radiated fun and good times. The more she looked at him the harder it was for her to break her stare away form the mysteriously charming aura of the inquiring young man.

"Hello? Mam? Is there something wrong? Do I have something on my face?"
    The young man asked innocently as he raised an eyebrow of concern to the captivated Rune Knight.

"Ah! Nothing.... what business do you have with the Major?"

"Oh just a.... had some training scheduled with him..." the young man hastily replied back. The officer looked at him with a curious look. However the young man dismissed any thoughts of curiosity with a blinding bright smile.

"Right.... wait.... you're wearing the Rune Knights uniform....are you perhaps a new recruit?"

"Hmmm... I guess you can say that...anyway I better go! Thanks Elizabeth!"
    the young man chuckled and dashed off towards the training halls.

"Uh.... you're we-....wait I don't recall... giving my name.... who is that guy?"
    muttered Elizabeth.

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 5:31 pm