Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Anchor Away!

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 11,070,431

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Skill: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Skill: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Anchor Away! Empty Anchor Away!

Post by Mythal Ragnos 21st November 2018, 7:49 pm

Spoiler:

I've been out there and seen the things she's made

So Mythal had made the decision to go to Fairy Tail and... apparently try to join the guild. Even as he walked out of the travel agency, he stared strangely at the passport in his hand, reading and rereading each part of it. What had possessed him to choose Fairy Tail rather than just register as guildless? Well, he knew what had convinced him; the dangerous mix of alcohols he had consumed last night slash early this morning. Hell, he wasn't even sure what time it was. He knew it wasn't too early as the sun was annoyingly hanging in the sky at such an angle that it practically bore down upon him. He grunted and thrust the passport back into his back pocket, followed by shoving both his hands into the front patches in front. "I have a direction. Just no way of getting there beyond walking..." And that sounded miserable; it would take him days, maybe even weeks to get to Magnolia.

It wasn't so much that he didn't know where he was going -- he certainly had a general idea. But somehow he always found himself distracted or misled by one thing or another. Ninety percent of the time it was a liquor binge. Rarely was it his getting involved in something he should never have stuck his nose into in the first place.  There were even times it had been both. Whatever the case, he didn’t have any jewel to afford transportation. He could try to do some quick work before he left Hargeon that would pay him a minimum amount. But more often than not, those kinds of jobs were ones he didn’t particularly enjoy.

Trapped in his mind, he barely registered his meandering path that had taken him by the docks. His internal focus was so intense that he didn’t even see the man waving at him from the waterline. He was a large tub of a man, who stood upon the wooden planks of a dock that certainly was bending and straining under his weight.  He scowled as Mythal continued to walk on, having been the twelfth person to ignore him. His agitation came out in a loud, annoyed bellow. “Hey you!”

That was enough to snap Mythal out of his focus, the man stopping in his tracks. He turned his head slowly to look over his shoulder, much to the bewilderment of the fat man. He should have started with his captain voice. “Yeah you! Come over here a minute.”

Great; what had he done now? He couldn’t really recall anything from last night, which meant it was entirely possible he had pulled some cheap trick or prank on this guy. And now he was about to get his comeuppance. Sighing dramatically, Mythal turned and walked over to the edge of the stone walkway, lingering on the verge of wooden dock and cobblestone path. "Listen pal; whatever it is I did, you can blame it on the booze. I ain’t got any jewel to pay you back.”

“What? No, you misunderstand. Listen, I’ve been standing here for over an hour trying to get some help. My crew has apparently taken a holiday and I haven’t been able to reach any of them,” he explained, holding up his iLac in distress. “I just got chartered to do a quick delivery to River Village and I have absolutely no one to help me load these boxes and then unload them there.”

"Sucks to be you, buddy,” Mythal said, clearly only half-listening. His own problems were far more concerning than this.

“You’re a strapping young lad. All I’m asking is some help to get the delivery on my boat and, if it wouldn’t be too much trouble, help offloading them at River Village. If you come with me, I’ll bring you back immediately after and even pay you two thousand jewel…”

"Two thousand jewel?! Mythal’s attention was completely on the ship captain now, his eyes practically bugging out of his head. He pulled back almost immediately, trying to recapture his poise. "River Village? That ain’t too far. Sure buddy; I’ll help you with your delivery.”

“Really?!” The captain was practically beaming he was so excited.

"Sure. I’ll even do you one better; you can leave me at River Village. Cuts a day or two off my travel anyways,” Mythal stepped off the cobblestone and onto the dock. He moved past the man and hoisted one of the boxes up with one hand, easily holding it up over his head. "Let’s get moving then.”

Hargeon TownFairy Tail
    Let me tell you, they are fear.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 11,070,431

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Skill: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Skill: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Anchor Away! Empty Re: Anchor Away!

Post by Mythal Ragnos 21st November 2018, 8:18 pm

I've been out there and seen the things she's made

River Village was truly only an hour or two away at max while sailing. But walking, it would be a day or more to get to, given how Mythal was known to travel. And an easy job of simply transferring a shipment from one place to the other was an easy task for someone like him. But, of course, he had the inconvenience of having stumbled upon one of the chattiest captains in all of Fiore.

Captain Kooh was a nice enough fellow but he just loved to talk. Mythal honestly couldn’t figure out if it was because he loved the sound of his voice or he simply loved people. They were on two opposing ends of the spectrum; one enjoying company and the other despising it. But luckily for Mythal, Kooh wasn’t too keen on asking too invasive questions. Introducing himself via his name had set him off on a rambling tangent that hadn’t come to an end yet. He was more impressed that this ship captain had such powerful lungs to keep in all that air.

“And that’s why I’ll never go back to Cedar without my crew again!” He finished up a story, apparently. Mythal had honestly been drifting off into his own thoughts, the constant stream of noise serving as mere background. But apparently this was the end of his spiel and he looked at Mythal, clearly wanting some kind of input. "Yeah, totally understandable,” he threw out nonchalantly, crossing his arms over his chest.

“How about you? You said River Village was a step forward in your journey. Where you headed off to?” The captain asked.

"Ah… nowhere exciting,” he said with a shrug. He didn’t think Magnolia would be that exciting, though it was possible the journey there would be.

“Speaking of exciting, I…” The captain was about to go off on another story when a loud beep caught both their attentions. The large man reached into his shirt pocket and withdrew his iLac, pressing his finger against the screen a few times before snorting. “My crew; they apparently got ‘caught up’ with something,” he said, even including the air quotes to accompany his tone.

"Hey, what’s that thing in your hand?” Mythal asked, looking at the device curiously.

“This? It’s an iLac. They’re giving them away for free in the Neutral Grounds. Apparently it’s some marketing promotion to give them away and then just boost the prices for the apps.”

"Apps?”

“Yeah, applications. There’s plenty of different apps that you can install on it off the lacrima-net. But most of the free ones are just fine. You can use it to call people, use a calculator. You can even use it as a map.”

Mythal rubbed his chin. "A map, huh?” Something like that could come in handy. If he were lucky enough to find employment and the jobs required him to travel, having a digital map would be extremely beneficial. He didn’t really understand anything about apps or whatever but he was keen to get such a device. Besides, the trip from the Neutral Grounds to Magnolia would give him plenty of time to read up on all the fancy technical slang.

“Ah there she is! River Village!” The captain exclaimed, pointing forward. Mythal followed the direction with his eyes, spotting the small village that was… you guessed it… right along the river. The captain took the boat into port, easing it against the small, single wooden dock that thrust out from the grasslands. Once he had leapt out and tied them firm, they began the quick process of unloading the shipment.

“Thanks, Mythal. You’ve been a great help. I honestly wouldn’t have gotten this done without you,” the captain said as he counted out the two thousand jewel.

"Hey, jewel is jewel and an easy job is right up my alley,” Mythal said with a small grin. He took the offered jewel and pocketed it, not wanting to insult the man by counting it back. If he shorted him, Mythal would simply track him down later and get the rest. But no need to voice that. "Take care of yourself, cap’n.” He turned and began to walk down the dock, tossing the man a half-wave over his shoulder.

Neutral Grounds… here he came.

Hargeon TownFairy Tail
    712/1470
    Let me tell you, they are fear.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 5:40 pm