Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

⚜ as if it's your last ⚜ ivy

Lilium
    Lilium

Player 
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 6

Character Sheet
    First Skill: αєgιѕ - тнє мιи∂
    Second Skill: муѕтι¢ - тнє вσ∂у
    Third Skill: ραиα¢єα - тнє ѕσυℓ

⚜ as if it's your last ⚜ ivy Empty ⚜ as if it's your last ⚜ ivy

Post by Lilium 11th March 2018, 8:26 am

Job Information:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

⚜ as if it's your last ⚜ ivy QOmg1XE

Lilium
    Lilium

Player 

Character Sheet

⚜ as if it's your last ⚜ ivy Empty Re: ⚜ as if it's your last ⚜ ivy

Post by Lilium 13th March 2018, 6:07 pm

She had missed her train as it whizzed past her, leaving her holding her hood so that it didn't fly away and that her hair stayed combed down the way that she had intended it to. Her hazel eyes looked at the train as it past by, and the Ace of Black Rose simply let out a sigh. She had been left behind a lot but usually, she didn't miss her trains. Left behind by people, left waiting or in the dark, wondering what's to come but instead, she felt her white wings emerge out of her back. She was hoping that she wouldn't have to fly to her destination. It made it more obvious to the dangerous situation and could potentially put her at risk as she put herself in clear view of the target. Her mission received by the Magic Council today was that there was a raging kitsune in the Spooky Forest. It had demolished the local landscape and now, was setting it's sights towards a small village. The request came it late so Lilium was praying that she wouldn't be late. She couldn't afford to let these people down. Flying out of the train station, Lilium would fly in the general co-ordinates of the town, as they were stated on the flier that was handed to her. A voice in her head spoke, "Don't forget, you can call on me for this mission. I'm always willing to help you out." Smiling softly as she pushed her flowing chestnut coloured hair behind her ear, she'd gently remark as her eyes glowed a soft gold, "Of course not, we are a team after all." Lilium was getting used to having a friend who she could always talk to, whenever she wanted to or not. She was able to confide in someone who she could trust. Arthur had been persistent in order to gain her trust, and she was rather thankful at how hard she tried. She felt like she had a friend now. Now, the real challenge would be being able to say that about someone who wasn't a spirit who was tied to her magic.

Landing at the location of the village, instead of Lilium landing gently, Arthur would materialize and he caught her. She looked at him incredulously as she hopped out of his arms, "Why did you do that all of a sudden? Did you miss me that much?" Smirking at the blonde king would cause him to place his palm on her head, tightening his grip. Lilium would let out sounds of pain as he slowly applied more pressure, saying "No. I'm still a little annoyed that you made me stay in Arcadia when you met your last little friend." Lilium removed his hand as she looked at the ground. The last person that she met was... a colourful individual to say the least. The things that were taught to her that day by that person were rather suspicious and Arthur seemed to be very annoyed with her after that. But, he should forgive her soon. Receiving a rather harsh flick to the forehead, the duo would walk to the town hall of the small village. It was a rather quaint little village. It was one of those places where everyone knows each other. Either way, it was a rather quiet village but right now, it was too calm for the approaching danger. Perhaps the sender of the request didn't make it known to the public about the kitsune. It's a lot better if the general public didn't know. It was a little risky, in case someone got hurt, but with her and Arthur, along with whoever else accepted this mission, it should end up fine. On the bright side, they agreed to meet the sender at a cafe. It was a win-win situation for Lilium. She didn't really need to talk and could enjoy the dessert along with a cup of coffee. It was a little too early to worry about talking to new people so in this case, Arthur could probably manage.

The client was already sitting at a table as Arthur and her sat down. Lilium would curtsy as Arthur spoke with confidence, "Good day to you. My name is Arthur and this is my contractor, Lilium." Offering his hand for a handshake, he would continue, "We are here on behalf of Black Rose, and will accept your request regardless of the circumstances." Smiling at the client who'd have to gain his composure at the confidence the former king brought to the table, he'd clear his throat before saying, "Ah, of course. I've already ordered some cakes for us, and your teammate for this job." Lilium made a small smile at the man, before dropping it again and thinking. She needs to start getting over her fear. She keeps letting it eat her up on the inside whenever she meets a new person. It might be beyond her control but the least that she can do is try to at least be civil instead of trying to remain silent. Sighing, she'd pull a small smile onto her face as she looked, seemingly eager at who could potentially show up but also with a heart full of worry.

Total: 876/10,000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Warrior
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Speculo (former)
    Experience : 779,415

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Advanced Solid Script
    Second Skill: Aura Manipulation
    Third Skill: N/A

Post by ivyleaf33 15th March 2018, 10:37 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    Spooky Forest, huh. Reading over the job request, Sorano looked out the window and tried to calculate the distance that spanned the space between her and the infamous wood. While it was by no means the most dangerous place in Fiore, it was still known for its fair share of beasts and whatnot. The fact that this village was located nearby did not do much to ease her fears at all, but hey – it could be worse. Having not visited the Spooky Forest in quite a long time – had she been C rank? B rank last time she visited? – there was really no knowing how much it may have changed. Calling out to Hoshi in the bedroom, the letter mage hooked her satchel over her shoulder. While it wasn’t really needed, with all the mirrors and belts attached to her form, it was a comforting presence to her and a staple on all her jobs.

“Hey, Sorano. What’s up today?” The exceed floated through the doorway, rubbing sleepily at her eyes. One of those rare days where she wasn’t staying late at the guild, the two could actually get up at a humane time of the morning instead of forcing themselves up from the worn couch in the office. “Morning. There’s a job out here I think would suit us.” Handing the paper to Hoshi, she let the tabby feline look over it with red, sleepy eyes.

“Looks fine…do we have to leave this early?”

“Well, of course,” Sorano responded, already opening the balcony door. “Hurry up, yeah?” She leapt from the balcony, falling to what would seem to be her death before Hoshi dove down, grasping at the holds on the letter mage’s back. “Will you stop trying to wake me up by attempting suicide? I swear Sorano, you give me a heart attack every single time!” The letter mage would just shrug emotionlessly, letting Hoshi fly the two of them to the nearest train station. It was the same process they went through each and every time, the tickets, doors open, wait, doors close. By now, neither of the two even paid attention during these trips, instead just paying, boarding, and spending the trip finishing up paperwork or just daydreaming, making up for lost hours of sleep. Guild master life was much less chaotic than it was back when Fairy Tail was still the problem child, but it was tedious and busy. Little time for sleep left dark circles painting the underside of Sorano’s eyes, and even Ezra and Mura looked a little duller than usual these days.

Hearing the call of the station they were arriving at, the fairy mages stepped off, walking towards the location of the village they were to assist. The job itself was really nothing too interesting, just getting a kitsune to chill – either that or killing the creature altogether, but it would hopefully be a nice change from all the complicated diplomatic tasks she’d had to do these days. It would be an interesting chance to just fight and fix, play around with the basic aspects of her magic.

Entering the village, Sorano was rather surprised by the lack of activity in the village. When hearing about a wild kitsune, she’d assumed the place would be in shambles, villagers running and screaming every which way. However, everyone seemed to be going about their lives, the streets quiet and calm. The letter mage had to double-check the job post in order to confirm the location, and nodded with an odd expression at Hoshi. “I feel like we might be walking into a trap, Hoshi. This doesn’t seem right.” She would proceed to extend her senses out all around her, searching for something wrong with the scene, but found nothing. Strolling down the street at a controlled pace, the two mages would stop at the entrance to the agreed-upon café, pausing to survey the situation. Letting her auric gaze skim the front, she would detect at least one pretty powerful mage inside. Well…they would be able to deal with it. The possible threats did not seem strong enough to cause too much danger to them.

Pulling the glass door open, Sorano entered to find the client – easily picked out due to his lack of magical ability, and two others. A brunette girl who appeared to be a good several years older than her, as well as a man who held himself with a rather noble stance. Were these other mages who had been hired for the job? Approaching the table, Sorano started at the girl who sat there, blinking briefly in recognition. Wasn’t this Lilium Santiais, a former Rising Star? Sorano had always made it her business to keep up with important people on both legal and dark sides of the magical spectrum, and had definitely heard of the name before, recognizing the face as well from Sorcerer’s Magazine. “Ah, hello. Are we late? My apologies. My name is Sorano Granon, and Hoshi is my exceed companion.” By now, Sorano had learned that not even Rising Stars could be trusted. In her current position, the law was no longer her best friend, and it would be wise to step wisely. At least a dark mage screamed danger from the beginning, leaving little opportunity to be deceived.

»»-------------------------¤----------------------««

Apologies - it's a tad crude.

882o/o 10,000

⚜ as if it's your last ⚜ ivy B2WXv4aK_o
    sorano granon | solid script | aura manipulation | bank | armory
    i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

Lilium
    Lilium

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Lilium 15th March 2018, 11:45 am

Ah. This was someone that she... kind of knew. Her time in the Fairy Tail guild was a rather short one, but she had been there in the time of many different guild masters. She didn't really expect to be on a job with the most current guild master of the now independent guild. The young woman who had walked into the cafe, pondering for a moment, the holy mage would think to herself about what her name was again. When she was in Fairy Tail as Hikari, she generally avoided the guild hall or was on missions. She probably should remember but she hasn't had the time to see who was of prominence in the eyes of the Magic Council, relating to dark mages nor legal mages. Either way, it was still a little jarring to see someone who could potentially remember her, but most likely not because she hasn't interacted with members of Fairy Tail since she left. Tugging Arthur's cloth to grab his attention from the menu of desserts, he would look at what had caught his contractor's attention. He'd lean over and whisper into the girl's ear, "I'm taking that you know her from somewhere?" Lilium would look at the former king, and say, "You'd be right because I used to be in the guild where she is from." Arthur's eyes looked somewhat annoyed as she said that and he'd say with irritation laced in his voice. "So, you don't even know her personally. You just had a former place where you both were within proximity of one another." Lilium's hood would be pulled above her head by Arthur as he looked at her somewhat irritated. Once again, she was letting her fear take over her when this was someone who barely would have known her in the past. Sighing as she pulled her hood into a comfortable position on her head, she would glance at Arthur who would use his head to gesture to the black haired girl who now was in front of them.

Lilium would rise to stand and look at Sorano. It was quite phenomenal that someone younger than her was so trained in magic that they exceeded her in power. It was rather commendable and in addition to being a guild master, it was quite evident that she had quite a high profile in relation to who she is and what she does. Not wanting to be rude, Lilium would curtsy as she managed to wear a false smile on her face. Arthur would raise his eyebrows in surprise somewhat, perhaps Lilium was slowly getting past her anxiety enough to get through social interactions without falling apart. "Ah, no worries. We just arrived ourselves." Looking at Arthur for a moment, he'd wave to Sorano before the Ace of Black Rose would use her hand to gesture to him. "This is Arthur, a heroic spirit who I work with under magical contract. Moving her hand to her chest, she'd look at the guild master and state, "And I am Lilium Santiais, a member of Black Rose. It's an honour to meet you." She'd rather not mention that she used to be a member of Fairy Tail but, she did that under a different name. She doesn't want to have to explain all the lies she has told about who she is to arrive at who she is now. She isn't worth a stranger's time so it's acceptable. Smiling as she sat down again and faced the client, Arthur would pat her on the head and his eyes would glow gold as he told her telepathically, "Nice job, kid. You are still over-analyzing things a lot but you're getting better." She wouldn't acknowledge that the comment made her happy but she still really appreciated it.

The client would clear his throat as he placed a map on the table. There was a rather large area highlighted and it was an area that was north of the town. Lilium looked at the highlighted area and closed her eyes. Focusing in on their exact location and staying completely calm, her eyes would become a shimmering gold as she was able to view an area that was north of the village. It was utter chaos. The kitsune was at the heart of the destruction, crying out in grief, anger, sorrow. It was completely consumed with negative emotions. All the forest around was dying and the last glimpse that Lilium could manage of it was it beginning to approach the village. As much as she wanted to wait for whatever dessert was to come, the approach of the kitsune meant that they had to see to this issue immediately. As long as her body stood, it will not reach this village. Looking at Sorano with a rather grim expression on her face, she would speak, "As much as I would like to stay and converse, I dislike that we are on a mission right now. The kitsune is approaching swiftly and we would need to move this moment in order to get into a position where we can stop it." Lilium would smirk as she pulled her hood over her head a little closer, "I know we just met, but will you be able to trust me on this? Because when I see something that vividly, it's always close by." She didn't know if Sorano would completely trust her because she had a feeling that she was a calculating individual who took all things into consideration when she talked to people. Although Lilium lied quite a bit about who she was, she never jested when it came to the safety and well-being of other people. Hopefully, her intentions got across enough so that she could be trusted so that they could stop this kitsune, no matter what why it will come to.

Total: 1,851/10,000

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 18th March 2018, 8:34 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    Blinking at the sudden wave of nervous energy that radiated from the table, Sorano glanced over at the girl’s aura. Something was off here, wasn’t it? Had her energy field shown such mixed emotions before she had gotten here? Perhaps it was just her own magical aura, clashing with the fields around the area. She often forgot how much it could affect how other mages viewed her – it was probably just that. Even as the thoughts slipped through the back of her mind, she would feel the light tug of Hoshi’s paw on her shirt. Turning to see what had caused the action, she noticed the man pulling away from the brunette’s ear, the girl whispering back to him a moment later. Sharp irritation creased through the man’s aura. Was there a conflict here? Should she interfere? The thought wasn’t needed, it seemed, as both parties settled down shortly, turning to focus on her instead. Perhaps they were a couple, arguing over little petty details the way they tended to do. Or, of course, they were judging her. Wouldn’t be the first time a couple had done so.

Watching as the woman stood from her seat, she could see a tinge of respect in her emotions before she curtsied, a reaction Sorano seemed to be getting a lot lately. The smile on her face seemed uncomfortable though, and the underlying fear still simmered beneath the façade. The letter mage would quickly bow back, the exceed following her cue with a dip of her still-aloft body, ears pressing flat to her head. Arthur, as she would learn his name was, would throw a wave in her direction she quickly returned, before realizing that his spirit status must have been what seemed so off about his character. A spirit mage…Mura used spirit contracts as well, didn’t he? Or at least something along those lines. Kyuken and Zirconis weren’t that similar to this refined-looking man (for one, he didn’t seem to be pointing out every busty woman that came his way), but the underlying concept of the magics couldn’t be too different. That would mean, then, that… “And I am Lilium Santiais, a member of Black Rose. It’s an honour to meet you.” The woman was the one who was the hired mage, huh. That’s right, the Rising Star had been an ace of the guild, hadn’t she? With Black Rose’s immense power and influence, it wouldn’t be wise to underestimate this summoner mage.

Sorano, following their movements, would sit in her seat as well, on the side perpendicular to the Black Rose mage and the client. He cleared his throat abruptly, expression serious, before placing a map upon the table. A large region had been highlighted on the paper, and Sorano would touch the stone on her wrist to the area. As information was recited into her ears with a flash of blue light from the jewelry, she could see that Lilium had her own methods of extracting information as well. The brunette’s eyes had filmed over in gold, and her emotions grew even more mixed, clashing colors filling the air around her. A sort of empathetic link, perhaps? Focusing back onto her own audio, the artificial and emotionless voice would describe the situation to her, detailing the kitsune’s attacks.

A burst of determination came from the ace as she lifted her head to face the letter mage: “As much as I would like to stay and converse, I dislike that we are on a mission right now.” Sorano nodded along without objection, though her face would grow even blanker when Lilium’s expression twisted into a smirk. “I know we just met, but will you be able to trust me?” She indicated her possession some sort of scrying ability, being able to sense the kitsune situation through the map.

Sorano was certainly not someone who trusted blindly – the ace had that right, and this woman’s turmoil of emotions didn’t help with her lie-detecting skills. However, as the voice from her earrings were already broadcasting information into her ears on the location, she shrugged, pushing herself up from the table. “I think we should be able to handle the job fine, sir. As long as the payment is sufficient, me and my companion will depart immediately.” Her eyes darted over the pouch of jewels the client held up, ascertaining their worth, before nodding. This would work fine for the mercenaries, though the Rose’s values she could not speak for. “Alright, miss. If you know where the enemy is located, please feel free to direct our path.” A glance would be exchanged with Hoshi, the two confirming with one another that they were on the same page, and they moved towards the door.

From what information had been gathered by the signals, it appeared that the yokai was rather distressed. While normally a twitch of Luna’s gems would fix the problem easily, it was not a permanent solution. Having never attempted the manipulation on a full non-human either, Sorano was uncertain as to what the result would be. Clashing of unfamiliar magics was something she preferred to experiment with in the guild – either down in Kiku’s old lab, or safely locked in her office. Improvisation was never a field in which she excelled, that was something that never changed.

There would have to be damage fixed, right? The job called for restoration of the area, so simply stopping the cause was not enough to earn the full reward. Already, the letter mage was running through her inventory and spells in her mind, gathering extra magic energy within her crystals and shifting the weapons in their hidden slots.

I'm sort of in transition between/playing around with different writing styles, so it does read a little awkwardly -w-

1825o/o 10,000

i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

Lilium
    Lilium

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Lilium 21st March 2018, 6:46 pm

Looking at Sorano, Arthur would look rather quizzically at her. The Heroic Spirit felt as though she was talking and conversing with them, but she felt like she was miles away from where they actually were. She just felt... rather distant when she spoke. Arthur looked at Sorano as she bowed but didn't speak his worries to his master. He didn't really need to stress her out even more about this interaction. Lilium looked bashfully at the floor at the floor as she tapped her toe on the ground, trying to think of how she could potentially continue the conversation. Although, as she thanked the heavens for this, Sorano agreed to trust her for the time being as it was only a job. Lilium pondered as she pulled her red hood above her head. This young woman that she was working with seemed rather cold and calculating, but kept a comfortable distance between her temporary allies for jobs. What a way to live. With the noble woman's upbringing, it wasn't in her to act emotionless towards those who she worked with. She felt like she should always be making good impressions on whoever she meets and because of that, she thinks that every thing that did mattered and everything was weighted on the words she said. Sighing quietly as she placed a hand on her chest, Lilium would look ahead, with a newfound courage with trying to make a good first impression on the young guild master. Summoning the sword of her heritage to her side, she adjust the sheath so that it hung low on her waist. Tightening the belt that kept the blade in place so that it wouldn't fall, Lilium heard Arthur adjusting his armor.

Despite his claims about being a swordsman of high regard, Arthur never seemed to wield a single blade as he was in battle. Perhaps it was that he was already strained bringing himself to Earthland on Lilium's energy and couldn't manage to bring his blade yet. Hopefully, it wouldn't come to where he needed to use his sword but you never know what could really happen on one of these mission. Glancing at Sorano, Lilium would not really pay much heed to what she was doing as there was nothing that she could see on the woman. Perhaps she was similar to her in that she summoned all the weapons that she needed herself. Walking over to the door, Arthur would hold it open as the group of people walked out. Stepping into the town, Lilium would glance at the direction of the town hall. It was approaching from the area in behind it, which added a little more stress. It would target the most populated area of the village first and that was something that really added to intensity of this scene. There were thousands of uninformed, unaware individuals who were in danger. Spreading her wings underneath her cloak, the crimson red cloak would flap out as the wings spread themselves out from her back. They need to move quickly to at least hold off this kitsune at where it was currently. Turning to Arthur, he would nod and turn to face Sorano. Preparing to speak, Lilium would cut him off before the words could leave his mouth. Standing tall, similar to how she would when she was still considered a noble, she'd speak "I will be going ahead to hold off the kitsune before it gets to the town. Arthur will be staying with you in order to make sure that you can arrive to my destination. See you in a little while and may the blessing of Arcadia keep you safe." Flapping her wings, she'd leave as a flurry of feathers as Arthur shielded the black haired girl from the wind that she created. As Lilium flew in the direction of the kitsune, Arthur would smile and say, "I have an infinite range as to where she is all the times so I can probably guide us there rather easily, but I feel like you'd already know that. You are very intuitive and it's kind of throwing me and her off. Her more than myself, but again, I feel like you already know that. She wouldn't appreciate me saying this so let's just pretend that I said something along of the lines of: let's get moving, shall we? That girl is rather irritating when it comes to protecting people." Walking towards the town hall, Arthur would hope that the holy mage would manage to stay safe while they caught up to her.

Landing in a clearing within the forest, Lilium saw embers up ahead and began to jog in that direction. The bushes around her were beginning to erupt into flames and some trees were flaming the further that she moved northwards. Placing a barrier around her face that purified the oxygen so that she wouldn't constantly be breathing in smoke, she'd skid to a stop as she let a tree in front of her fall, crashing to the ground. Apparently, they do make a sound should they fall in a forest, however the only sound present after that was the burning of the wildlife around her and some cries of some panicked animals that were approaching. Lilium grabbed her sword but kept in unsheathed as she pushed some of the deer that ran at her. She also hit some of the animals with the blunt end of her weapon. Some squirrels even tried gnawing at her legs as if she was food and she let out a burst of holy energy, mainly to get them off of her. They were small but those bites that they left stung pretty hard. The blast probably knocked them out but hopefully it didn't blast them into any burning objects. If they died in the smoke, at least they were unconscious. It's better than burning alive, and if they survived, they'd probably be thankful that she was doing this. Flying up above the smoke, Lilium would continue surveying the area as she searched for the source.

WC: 1,015
    Total: 2,866/10,000

Last edited by Lilium on 28th April 2018, 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 22nd March 2018, 8:10 pm

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    Her eyes cast over Lilium’s tools, noticing the sword hanging at her side. The woman was probably stronger than she looked, if she were able to utilize such a heavy weapon. Having tried it out before, she knew how taxing it was on the arms to wield it successfully. Exiting the café, she watched as the Black Rose mage glanced around the area, scanning her surroundings. Suddenly, much to her surprise, the letter mage started as large white wings exploded from the brunette’s back, lifting away the red cloak she had worn before. A silent message would be passed between her and Arthur, before the spirit moved to speak to her. However, just as his mouth opened, Lilium would cut him off abruptly. Aura suddenly changing, she stood up straight and spoke in a stern tone to Sorano. Easily assuming control, the letter mage frowned for a moment before complying. No need to get all fussy over this – the woman seemed to have everything figured out. Blessing her with a deity the letter mage had not heard of before, she left in a flurry of feathers. Arthur would come up behind Sorano, using his bulk to shield her from the wind. It was chivalrous, she supposed, something she hadn’t really experienced since Sebastian’s disappearance.

The knight would reassure her that he could detect where the brunette was, at all times, but then said something rather odd. “I feel like you’d already know that.” Huh, that was something she actually had not known – the letter mage wasn’t really familiar with the specifics of spirit summon magic, just what she had seen in her ace. He’d picked up that she had some sort of intuition ability, which she supposed her inherited sensory abilities could be classified as, though she wasn’t used to such a fact being pointed out so blatantly. “It’s a smart tactic to pretend your enemy knows everything. Though that is not the case with me.” It would be her only response, while Hoshi chuckled nervously. “Sorano can be a pain in the rear when it comes down to business as well – I guess they have that in common if nothing else.” Worry and concern lined Arthur’s aura as they moved into town, following behind Lilium’s path. “Hmmph, I could’ve taken you after her, you know. I bet my wings are just as good!” The exceed let out a small huff, her own Aera-generated wings fluttering in irritation before she let herself rest on the letter mage’s shoulder.

“Of course Hoshi, of course. But this should also offer us a chance at checking out some of her magic, right?” She let her slender hand run itself down the tabby’s back before facing the front again, slipping her hair over her shoulder. Moving through the town,  she turned stopped abruptly as they turned a corner, a ginormous flaming tree taking up their pathway. “Oh, my,” she commented unenthusiastically at the sight. Luckily, all the citizens seemed to have fled by now, but it was an obvious obstacle in their path that would only cause more damage if left unattended. Lifting her fingers to write out the spell, a cascade of water would fall upon the broad trunk, soaking into the stray flames before they finally let up. “That’s a bit concerning. It seems like the kitsune may have already gone through here.” Spreading her senses around, the spirit warrior would blink in confusion as a variety of scattered auras threw her senses into disarray, keeping her from properly locating anything. Of course – it made perfect sense. Animals, people, pets, and magical objects were bound to have a strong reaction to such disturbances. It was a wonder that she hadn’t fried her brain just by trying to reach out in such an environment.

“Well, we should probably fix this while we’re here – I mean, we’ll have to do it anyways, right?” Sorano shot Hoshi a quick look and the exceed nodded, flying through the steaming branches with the ease of long practice – those delivery trips had definitely paid off for the feline. Reaching the other side, she called out – “All clear! Things look pretty much empty down here – there’s a small park, which explains why there’s such large trees.”  The exceed flew back just as quickly, shuddering as she hovered besides the two humanoids. “You have no idea how freaky it feels to fly through that mess. I’ll watch from above as you guys use your magic or whatever to get that tree out of here. It’s a lot bigger than it looks from where we are right now, though. The amount of branches on this thing is worth at least five normal-sized trees, probably more. Glad I don’t have to deal with it.”

The letter mage would throw a glance in Arthur’s direction, wondering if his abilities would be able to help in this situation before she turned to assess her own spells. Her own magic was not suited for tasks of this kind, being created to support her mostly in battle. Having intended to become a professional mage in a guild since she’d started learning solid script, she’d never considered having to use it in this sort of situation before. Sifting through ideas in her mind, she tried cautiously tracing out a few words on the scorched bark, asking the magic to break off the chunk of branches nearest to them. To her surprise and satisfaction, the darkened wood obliged under her magic, roughly falling away from the main trunk. Sorano considered the large chunk, knowing instantly that Hoshi would be unable to bear the weight, and instead formed a large mirror with one hand. Ripples would shiver across the silvery surface, before the hefty bundle was transported through, dropping in the forest a distance away. It was a temporary solution, but also the best one she could come up with.

“As you can probably see, Mr. Arthur, my magic isn’t very suited for this sort of task. It will be slow progress, but it will have to do. Unless you have some other capabilities that allow for ease of transportation?”

HP: 500
    MP: 90%
    Enemies Mentioned: Weak x 1
    Mirror Portal:
    Abilities Used:

2,846o/o 10,000

Last edited by ivyleaf33 on 24th March 2018, 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 22nd March 2018, 8:10 pm

The member 'ivyleaf33' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    ⚜ as if it's your last ⚜ ivy MPfmPli ⚜ as if it's your last ⚜ ivy UtKyMUJ ⚜ as if it's your last ⚜ ivy TV6mrb1 ⚜ as if it's your last ⚜ ivy TV6mrb1 ⚜ as if it's your last ⚜ ivy TV6mrb1
    Lilium
    Lilium

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Lilium 2nd April 2018, 8:40 pm

Arthur gave Sorano a sideways glance as she spoke to him. It wasn't to be rude or anything. It was more that he was surprised at how calmly and coolly she reacted to all situations around her. It was rather impressive and it's a trait that he hope that Lilium would be able to attain. Although, she also seemed quite void of emotions so perhaps, not to the same extent as Sorano. A comfy middle ground would be nice. Turning his head to Sorano's partner, he'd smile softly as she compared the trait that Lilium and Sorano shared and he chuckled to himself as he nodded in agreement with what the exceed spoke. They walked on towards the direction of the holy mage for a little before he heard Hoshi speak about her wings. Oh. Both him and Lilium had forgotten the capability that exceeds posses. They didn't really have to split up. Arthur felt his face heating up as he realized the simple mistake the two of them made. Ugh. His empathetic bond with his master has been causing him to react in similar fashions to how she would and this blush coating his face was a clear example of it. He'd avoid turning to face the pair for a little bit as he tried to get his face to it's normal colour. About the sudden development that exceeds could fly, there was no real way to tell Lilium about it and it would be kind of awkward to mention, "Oh yeah, I forgot you had wings. You can track me down to her location should I materialize by her side." In the end, Arthur decided to wait for an opportunity to present itself where he can advocate Hoshi using her wings to fly Sorano over to Lilium's location. After all, mentioning it now would be really embarrassing so he'd at least try to maintain his dignity as his wits were failing him at the moment.

Listening to Sorano's commentary for a little bit as they continued onward, he'd note that even if the phrase she was saying seemed exclamatory, it still ended up void of any surprise or emotion, which kind of added it's own dry sense of humor onto it. It was a good for of entertainment to be completely honest. Smiling as he turned towards her, viewing the carnage that the kitsune caused, his smile would fade into a somewhat stressed position over took his face. They probably needed to meet up with Lilium as soon as possible to be completely honest. If the kitsune was capable of causing this much carnage so quickly, the holy mage might not be able to hold it off for that long. Arthur would listen to what Sorano would say about fixing up the surrounding area as he nodded, "I suppose that it would be in our best interest to maintain the area around here. We should try to save the environment and the kitsune ideally." Looking around, Arthur would see a falling tree as he quickly smashed it with a blast of holy energy in his palms. It wasn't a very clean way to solve the situation but he needed to act fast in this case. Glancing at Sorano and Hoshi, he'd chuckle as he stated, "Although, it's understandable if we can't save everything." If he had his sword, perhaps he could make this easier on himself and Sorano but he didn't have enough energy to do that. Glancing at his palms for a second, Hoshi speaking would snap him out of his thought process as he glanced at the aforementioned tree. This was going to be a pain to get down actually as he couldn't continuously blast this with his holy magic. Looking at what their temporary job partners were doing, his eyebrows would raise in curiosity as he watched her write out a word and have the branches fall into a portal where it disposed it elsewhere. Based on how she was writing out the words and the environment reacted, he'd venture a guess to think it was a type of solid script magic. He was going to question her about what type of magic she used but it wasn't really the time or place for it. However, the opportunity he'd been waiting for presented itself. Sorano had asked if there were other ways they could take for an easier way to get to the location of the kitsune. Arthur nodded at the solid script mage's question as he spoke to her, "Actually, I forgot that you had a way to fly with Hoshi. My apologies, the capabilities slipped my mind as I don't meet many of them. But, I can provide you with her location and I can materialize by her side. If you'd be able to fly there with Hoshi. As my capabilities with magic are extremely limited right now." Holding out an orb of golden magic, if touched, it would provide Sorano with Lilium's location relative to them. It wasn't really a spell, it was more something that was contained in his contract with her. He always had access to provide her location to someone and was able to provide it if someone was deemed trustworthy. This was a rather dire situation but he felt that he could trust the Fairy Tail guild master with this. His eyes glowing gold for a moment as he spoke to Lilium, "Are you doing okay? Have you located the kitsune yet?" He heard Lilium breath out a sigh as she spoke, "No actually. There is a lot of chaos and right now, I'm trying to deal with the wildlife that is being affected here. Also, why aren't you here yet? Didn't Hoshi fly Sorano over?" The former king would blink for a moment as Lilium began to chuckle, "Don't tell me you forgot that Hoshi was an exceed?" Being a bookworm, Lilium has researched a lot regarding exceeds and despite the horrible timing, was rather interested in seeing an exceed fly. Arthur turned away from Sorano once again, embarrassment welling up in his throat as he continued holding the orb of light towards her. "This one time, we are going to pretend that this didn't happen." Chuckling again, Lilium would not say a word, letting her silence answer for her. Clearing his throat, Arthur would speak to Sorano, without looking at her, "If you want, I can leave this with you. My master, er- Lilium is endanger right now so, I'll be rushing to her side." Moving his hand away, the light orb would remain floating at the exact same level as he flashed away in a soft light.

This teasing moment didn't come freely though as she felt a nudge from one of the creatures who was gnawing on her leg. It was a dull pain but it was still rather annoying to put up with. Oh. It was just a squirrel and some other furry creatures that lived in the forest. She couldn't really bring herself to kill the frightened beings so she let out a rather soft burst of holy energy in order to get the harmless animals off her. However, she sensed an odd presence in the forest dwelling nearby. Glancing at the shadows, she'd dodge with a second to spare as a wolf pounced at her. This wolf wasn't normal like the rest of the animals that Lilium had run into actually. It was like the wolves in Vintermyr, a landform that belonged to her guild. They were almost the guardians of the land and this wolf had the same atmosphere to it. Glancing at it as it growled, she'd note how it had a pink tint in it's eyes, indicating it might be under the influence of the kitsune as they are capable of charming other beings. Summoning a shield to utilize with her sword, she'd bang the end of her sword, similar in style to a gladiator, as she challenged the wolf to approach. Snarling nastily, the beast took the bait as it pounced towards Lilium. The woman's eyes would sharpen as she twirled out of the way to dodge the pounce and bashed the shield into the wolf's back, intending to stun it. However, she overestimated the wolf's durability as it crashed into a tree nearby. A gasp would not leave her throat as the tree made crumbling noises and threatened to land on the injured wolf. Her wings emerging again, the holy mage would summon a shield to protect the wolf as it slowly got back to its feet. The confused creature would glance at her as she nudged her head to the right, indicating for the wolf to move. Slowly and limping somewhat, the wolf would wander off in another direction as she watched the wolf walk into the bushes, seemingly walking away from the direction the kitsune was in. She was getting closer. With that thought in mind, Lilium heard Arthur materialize as his armor shifted from the landing. Smirking at him, his face would still be somewhat red as he looked menacingly at her. "Not one word." Lilium would shrug as she nonchalantly spread out her wings, meaning to tease him without words before stating something serious, "Assuming that they can get here safely, we should stay and guard the perimeter. The kitsune is getting closer and it might come through this area eventually. Try not to harm the wildlife if they run into or attack you." Arthur would nod as he surveyed the area, while Lilium worked to calm down the animals that roamed into them.

Total: 4,468/10,000

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 7th April 2018, 10:54 am

GRACE UNDER FIRE
    Brief panic and embarrassment would instill itself among Arthur’s emotions after Hoshi’s light complaint – he seemed to have completely forgotten about that particular ability of exceeds. He quickly regained his composure, however, but his silence was more than enough to show how he was probably feeling at the moment. They would continue on, Sorano letting the situation slip from her mind as she focused more on the issue on hand. Worry seemed to be on his mind as he surveyed the situation around him – something the letter mage had witnessed more often when she’d worked with legal mages in the past. It had been a long time since she’d worked with someone who cared so much for a job besides the money or results, though the thought easily slipped from her mind as Arthur spoke up. The knight would agree with her judgement, easily snapping a blast of holy energy at a falling tree. He definitely wasn’t a spirit to be underestimated, though it seemed that even the fallen tree before them was stopping him as well.

In response to her question, he would apologize, saying that he had forgotten about Hoshi’s Aera abilities. Suggesting that they could fly over to Lilium right now, Sorano would frown, looking back at the tree. Honestly, she didn’t enjoy leaving things only partially done. However, the golden orb that Arthur was already extending out to her seemed to go against what she’d rather finish first, drawing her to the aid of Lilium. With Arthur’s abilities being limited, and her own magic not at all suited to this sort of task however, it would be rather inconvenient to stay behind and try to fix this. Quickly, in a quick moment of indecision, she would cut off two more sizable chunks of the tree to deposit into the portal, before writing out a quick spell that would cut off small pieces of the wood and load it in. The process would be slow, but better than nothing.

She let her hand rest on the golden orb, shivering at the touch of the holy magic. Her own aura was nowhere near anywhere as pure as it once was – when she utilized her spiritual form, the body was streaked with white and black, tainted with certain impurities. This was bearable though, she could stand it well enough. Gleaning Lilium’s location, she watched as Arthur contacted the holy mage, his eyes glowing gold. A certain sentence she would utter would evoke a quiet giggle from Hoshi: “Didn’t Hoshi fly Sorano over?” Arthur’s confused expression gave away everything, and Sorano awkwardly scratched her head at the exchange of words. Embarrassment once more flushed his face, and he quickly deposited the golden orb above the letter mage’s hands before disappearing in a soft burst of light. Summon teleportation abilities, huh? Must be pretty useful. Preparing a means of contact for herself and Hoshi as well, the letter mage pulled out one of her Kagayaku knives. A small screen rose up from the handle, and she would select the dot that represented herself, handing the blade to her companion. “You know what to do if we get separated, right?” With the affirmative response from the feline, Sorano pushed herself up from the ground, feeling the exceed’s paws grasp firmly onto the straps attached to her back.

They soared across the village, eyes scanning over the burning buildings and debris laying around in the woods – a clear path of destruction could be seen from up here, and the letter mage would estimate the kitsune’s location at the end of it. However, they would have to clear up some of the damage as well – it was just as crucial a task as ensuring either the death or the stopping of the kitsune’s activities. From their current vantage, locating Lilium was nowhere as hard as Sorano had expected, either. Hoshi would lower their height, slowly falling towards the trees, and the faint tug of a familiar aura pulled Sorano closer to their location. Checking the golden orb to ensure their target was correct, she nodded quickly at Hoshi, the exceed pulling them closer to the trees.

Sure enough, as they drew closer, the letter mage could make out the familiar figure of the brunette. Arthur stood next to her, seeming to have already gotten back into the business mindset, eyes scanning the area around him. Meanwhile, Lilium would be moving around the clearing, small bursts of her magic calming the frenzied auras of panicking wildlife down in easy motions. Landing in the clearing besides the knight spirit, Sorano would lay a finger on her buckler shield, directing her emotionless energy into the gem at its center. Instantly, the animals around them stilled, haywire emotions and thoughts calming down into a state similar to that of the letter mage’s. It would affect the other mages as well, if their minds were open to such emotional influences. “You could have called earlier,” she shrugged, tone as monotonous as always. “One of my specialties is actually emotion, believe it or not.” It was rather ironic. A completely emotionless being wielding abilities that tampered with emotion? Not exactly the best idea, as the girl herself had learned in the past, realizing that not everyone liked the prospect of having their feelings tampered with. Sebastian, and that woman at the Infinity Hydra ball… Neither of them had reacted very positively to her abilities. Hopefully these two would be able to handle it without too much distrust.

As the animals around them slowly calmed down, the letter mage turned to face the Roses. “While we were flying above, Hoshi and I spotted the path of destruction the kitsune took. I’m sure you’ve seen it too while flying, right? It would be logical to assume that the creature would be at the end of the path, so here’s my question. Would you rather we subdue the yokai first, then patch things up behind, or should we be worrying about the damage first?” In her own mind, getting rid of the cause would be most effective, but she had learned from mistakes in the past that taking charge of a situation was not often the best way to go. Lilium seemed like a strong-willed woman, someone who could make her own decisions, and probably wouldn’t be very happy with taking orders from a teenager.

From what she’d seen, anyways, it didn’t feel like the two parties were as similar as Hoshi would like to think. Their moral interests were very different – Lilium was probably genuinely concerned about the people who would be affected, someone who would try to ensure everyone was happy in the end. Sorano was nothing but a mere mercenary, on the other hand. There was no possible way she could feel pity or concern for these people – any extra good she did them would only be out of random choice or an attempt to fit in with the proper morals of a legal mage. Despite her mental state, Fairy Tail was in a situation where staying on the Magic Council’s good side was to the best of their advantage. She’d had to try her hardest to appear a perfect role model – someone who might as well be in a legal guild again, re-establishing that moral code she’d forced herself to follow in the past. If it had gotten her in the position of Rising Star, it could get her solidly into the good will of the Magic Council again as well.

Closing her eyes softly, she let her senses sink into the earth around her. Feeling the stirrings of color and texture from the auras of life all around her, she spread the calming sensation into each and every one, stilling the panic of the creatures and allowing them to move with a clear mind. Terror and fear was essential for the survival of their type, but it was inconvenient for their current situation. Reaching out even further, she reached her limits, auric abilities spread out thinly around the area. Nope, the kitsune wasn’t anywhere near close enough to be detected in that fashion. She drew in her aura once more, pulling it close around her before scanning the near area as well. She hadn’t given the clearing any specific notice yet, but now that she did, she could take a closer look at the claw marks that marred the grass and trees. The kitsune was large in size, definitely an enemy that would be difficult to defeat. A single claw mark longer than her face had gouged itself deeply into the wood. Perhaps it used the momentum from pushing up from the ground here, to slam into that tree over there… Sorano’s dark eyes followed the marks carefully, tracing out a path in its actions.

The yokai was frenzied and terrified, or emotionally distressed in some way. That much was obvious. A normal creature of that type would be unwilling to lower themselves to such levels – yokai could be stubbornly proud creatures. They would have to be careful in dealing with it, as the letter mage’s artificial emotions would certainly not easily subdue it as they had with the animals.

Paragraphs pls;; *gasps and wheezes*

HP: 500
    MP: 90%
    Enemies Mentioned: N/A
    Mirror Portal Extended: 2/1 - cooldown extended to 8 posts
    Tracker (Kagayaku):
    Aura Manipuation (Luna):
    Abilities Used:

4,378o/o 10,000

Lilium
    Lilium

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Lilium 16th April 2018, 11:30 am

Arthur felt a pang of guilt in his heart as he saw that Sorano didn't quite want to leave the situation that they were currently caught in. Which surprised him in all honesty because he had heard in the past that Fairy Tail had harboured a Coming Storm, which had them marked as a dark guild for a while, according to Lilium, the same time that she had come back to the guild after travelling around Fiore for a little while. It was interesting to see that the guild master was so heavily invested in the world around her and didn't want to completely leave it burning to the ground. Maybe it made him feel a little old in the process because he was happy that there were people on this modern day Earthland who were concerned with more things than themselves. It would be nicer for more people to get into the mindset that Sorano had. Noting how she cleared some of the branches as he faded away to rematerialize at Lilium's side, his eyes would flicker gold as he told his master, "Hey, your wings can produce holy gusts right?" The holy mage would look puzzled at the ground for a moment but understood as to why the heroic spirit was asking. Smiling to herself, she would say, "Yeah, I can. But before I put out the flames, let's take care of what's causing them in the first place." Arthur would put his face in his palms as he heard Hoshi's giggle as he finally ended up back at his master's side. She was going to have a grand time using this against him in the future, and he would loathe every second of it.

Lilium was still clearing out some of the wild animals as she heard the approach of Sorano and Hoshi. Smirking, Lilium would turn to the emotionless girl as she saw her focus her energy in her shield. The holy mage had a feeling that it was the sort of spell to not care about friend or foe however, but based on how emotionless the magical aura of the girl felt, it presumably messed around with emotions. While most of the time Lilium wouldn't care about being afflicted with someone else's magic as long as they were an ally, she drew a little bit of a line in having her emotions tampered with. They were all that the holy mage really had of her personality, so it'd be best in her opinion to keep them belonging to herself and not let anyone else change them. The holy barrier shielded her from what she thought was the wave of energy, not really realizing it was more her mindset that prevented the magic from working on her. In actuality, she basically used a spell for no apparent reason, but in her mind it worked, so she wouldn't think on it too intensely. Lilium raised her eyebrows while she listened to Sorano speak on the subject of her magic. Ah, so her assumptions based on how the magic aura felt were correct. It seemed completely contradictory for a young girl like Sorano to be specializing in emotions yet she didn't seem to have any emotions herself. The monotone voice didn't really help in driving her point home but based on how calm all the animals around were, it had to be true otherwise it'd make no sense at all. Lilium smiled softly, seeing how the girl seemed to get entranced in her own thoughts just like her. "Ha, I believe you. Otherwise, I'd be thinking in how you got the animals calmed down without a word." Hesitantly putting down her barrier, the holy mage would try to reassure the emotion mage, "My apologies if my defensive reaction was little extreme. I just... really dislike my emotions being tampered with." Lilium would rub her neck as Arthur continued making sure that everything in the direct area was secure, not really affected by Sorano's spell either.

Lilium's interest was piqued when she heard Sorano speak on how they should take care of the situation. She seemed like an extremely logical person and it was a good thing that they were working together. Not that Lilium didn't make her strategies, but she didn't really consult others on what to do. Especially with Sorano being the more powerful mage between them, it was actually quite admirable that the guild master had asked her on what they should do. Lilium glanced towards Sorano before looking ahead to the direction that she was travelling towards. The kitsune would most likely meet up with them soon in actuality since it was headed towards the town. Somewhere around here would be a good place to intercept it's travel. "Yeah, the destruction was quite tragic but, it'd be better overall to deal with problem at the source. As long as we deal with the creature in ample time, we should be able to clear the area of what the kitsune has done. My magic is good with clearing away large areas, so if I simplify it, it should be able to deal with the destruction it has caused." Nodding to herself to affirm that the plan was solid, it had been a while since she had worked with someone that had a value for tactics as opposed to the spontaneous so it was a little bit foreign discussing plans with others now. If Sorano had some alternatives, she'd listen to them however, she felt as though the emotion mage was always carefully thinking out her interactions so there probably was a reason that she asked Lilium to make the plan, but she couldn't put her finger as to why. Arthur would walk over to the trio and state, "There is a large spiritual being approaching. Odds are it's the kitsune and its pretty quick so it will be on it's way soon." Lilium would nod her head in comprehension as her eyes glanced over back to the emotions magus who seemed to be doing involving the animals again.

There was a calming sensation in the floor and the holy mage would look at the animals who were slowly coming to their senses and walking around calmly as opposed to before where they were in complete panic and frenzy. It was kind of unnerving to watch the change in emotions for the little creatures as their thoughts and minds were being changed and shifted without their knowledge. A lot of mages specialize in their power of fighting but Sorano seemed to be the type that was completely able to change how the opponent thinks when in battle with her. Another reason that she was grateful that they were fighting for the same things at this point in time. The holy mage would glance in the direction of Sorano once again as she felt the calming sensation retreat back towards her. Arthur, throughout his continued surveying of the area, he saw some claw marks in the trees and his eyes narrowed. It may be closer than he initially thought. With his hands glowing gold, the Heroic Spirit would get the holy mage's attention as he nudged his head in the direction of the clawmarks. After noticing them, Lilium unsheathed her sword and assumed a defensive stance. Going to the center of the clearing the holy mage would press her heel into the ground, inserting a burst of holy energy into the earth. This would alarm any creatures nearby and probably lure the kitsune to approach them. After a brief delay, she heard a roar of agony emerge from somewhere nearby as she readied her sword for the oncoming beast, but first, there would be some creatures that needed to be dealt with.

There was a handful of supernatural creatures, like a pixie, some gnomes and a hell hound that seemed rather annoyed with the everything was affecting their homes. With the burst of holy magic, there was a tipping point and the creatures each shot their own sort of magic at the holy mage. Summoning a barrier by drawing the shape of a cross, the barrier would successfully shield herself from the blasts of varying elemental magics as the holy mage gazed at the surrounding area after the dust cleared. The elemental beings seemed to block off an area but Lilium heard a four legged creature approaching in the distance. Knowing that the lives of the supernatural beings were going to end up forfeit anyways when the kitsune finally made it's entrance, the holy mage would summon a hunting horn within her hands as she ran towards the supernatural beings. Feeling it fully materialize, the holy mage would make sure that there was enough distance between her and Sorano so that it wouldn't harm her, she would fly up above the group of beings and blow into the hunting horn. The horn would let out a piercing sound as the creatures winced in agony of the extremely loud sound. It wouldn't hurt too much but it was disorient the creatures. With a rather serious face, the holy mage would fly back in front of Sorano and say, "If we can, I'd like to try and save this kitsune. But if it becomes too much of a threat to either one of us, we know that we will have to take it out." As if on cue, the aforementioned kitsune arrived and pounced on the group of injured creatures, ending their lives. Lilium would wince slightly as the creature cried out again as it locked eyes with her. The hunting horn had alerted it of their location which was her plan in all honesty. However, she was hoping that if Sorano could calm it down, she could potentially purify it's corruption as purification was specialty of the holy mage. However, if it needed to be weakened, they would have to work quick so that the creature didn't grow tired of them and they could take care of it before it's interests shifted to the town nearby.

The purification route was bound to take up more time, but the kitsune deserved to live despite all the destruction it may have caused. Being in Black Rose made her realize that there were so many beings beyond just humans and as such, she needed to make sure that none of their lives became forfeit. Hopefully, Sorano would agree to the purification plan but if not, this wasn't going to take much longer as the holy mage began to apply buffs to her magical strength, ready to fight regardless as both scenarios did require a little bit of conflict. Can't have resolution without conflict. It was just the natural order of it all.

Total: 6,258/10,000

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 19th April 2018, 11:24 pm

surface of - serenity
    what is happening to me?
    tell me, what does all this mean
    so far away from reality
    "what a lovely place to be."

+ 6,428/10,000

+ what a fookin shitpost. didn't even bother editing oops

+ what are stats? who needs stats?

+ ѕσяαиσ gяαиσи

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way an exceed should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get it and its fat little human’s body off the ground. The exceed, of course, flies anyway because exceeds are magical and don’t care about the laws of aviation. It was with such a positive thought in her head that Hoshi folded her wings, setting the letter mage gently on the ground before the holy mage and her companion. Watching as her companion worked her magic with the buckler shield, sending the power into the creatures around her, the exceed would feel the light shimmer of coolness seep into her mind as well. It was something Sorano had used in the past on her, for the exceed had not always been so willing a participant in jobs as she was now. Thinking back to the shivering mess she’d been on their earlier tasks, Hoshi was thankful for all the emotional tampering the letter mage had done – in moderation, of course. Having slowly boosted up her confidence with everything she managed to do right, the feline felt she had gradually grown up to become the actually somewhat useful creature.

However, it was rather obvious that not everyone felt similarly, as demonstrated conveniently by Lilium’s raising of a holy barrier. It didn’t offend either Fairy, as it was perfectly reasonable to not want someone turning you into an emotionless freak, but it did increase Sorano’s curiosity as to what exactly the holy mage’s magic consisted of. As Luna’s energy was completely neutral and worked on an energetic level, it wouldn’t normally come into conflict with substances of that sort. She nodded diplomatically towards the legal mage, understanding well enough. It wasn’t the first time she’d encountered such a reaction after all. Sebastian’s betrayed expression as he looked at her (now that she thought back on it, could it be that he had been attracted to her?), and the Phoenix mage’s terrified expression as her magic violently repelled Luna’s. Compared to those rather educational experiences, Lilium’s reaction was really quite mild. “Oh, it’s fine. Perfectly normal reaction, I understand.” Sorano waved away the woman’s apologies, and they continued on to focus on the job at hand.

The Rose mage looked off towards the direction that the yokai had traveled in, eyes narrowing briefly in thought. When she offered her own opinion, the letter mage found herself quite satisfied by her agreement. She would have willingly gone along with what the woman had said, but it was always nice for someone’s decision to resonate with her own. Without much more to offer up to the plan, the two Fairy mages looked up as Arthur offered a report as to the position of the kitsune. It was approaching, huh… What to do with the animals? Her eyes darted over the creatures that now peacefully dispersed themselves into the woods, wondering if she should set them into fear again so they moved away more quickly. Sifting mentally through her options, the auric mage would quickly directly a feeling of urgency into the creatures’ auras, causing them to move forward much more quickly, scattering off in all directions, but without the uncontrolled panic of earlier. Okay…now the animals had been taken care of. Watching as Hoshi shook her head to clear away the emotional effects, the letter mage flipped mentally through her inventory of tactics to find a way to proceed.

It was a decided weakness of hers, this indecision. Even before her emotions had been removed, the letter mage had always been someone who spent much of her free time just sitting around and thinking. Being able to ponder and consider all options wasn’t quite as convenient as people would assume – it opened up so many possibilities that it was impossible for someone to come to any decision at all in a swift manner. She could begin with the element of surprise, like she often did, but this opponent was neither human nor rational – she had Lilium with her as well, which added new factors into what she should do next. The holy mage had already moved into action, sending out a wave of holy energy that created a wave of terror around them, evoking a slight twitching of the eyebrow from Sorano at the disruption of her own magic. Even so, she dealt with it easily, removing Luna’s influence. At any rate, that burst of energy had summoned the kitsune forth, its agonized cries careening through the woods, waves of sound energy bouncing off the trees in compression and rarefaction movements. All this could be sensed in her eye of minds, the energy visible to her once she shifted her gaze to the energetic field

It was getting closer – with the increasing intensity of the waves, she would have to come to a decision soon. Watching as the horde of creatures running from the creature burst into the area, the letter mage’s eyes narrowed. Lilium, perhaps, was not as effective a mage as she had hoped. With the disorientation and disaster that her holy burst had caused, they were going into complete instinct mode. It was something the girl could understand perfectly, as her body had entered a similar state only a few years ago, leading to disastrous consequences. Perhaps she didn’t understand the delicate balance that pushing emotions and fear could disrupt? The creatures attacked the holy mage simultaneously, as was to be expected, before Lilium called up a barrier against the onslaught. With the yokai approaching soon, Sorano had to come to a decision about what next to do. Her hand quickly released a gash of mirror, materializing the substance in the air above the panicked creatures. The fearful effects from the mirror would be combined with a delicately directed pressure on Luna, the shield sending out a radiation of purpose and calmness into the vicinity around them. To her dismay, however, Lilium would raise a hunting horn to her lips, blowing out through the mouthpiece while flying above the creatures.

“Wait! No, stop!” The yell would be projected into the holy mage’s mind, Sorano directing the letters into the flow of mental energy. But ultimately, it would be too late. The precious balance was overturned, disorienting the creatures and stopping them in their tracks. “Oh gods.” Hoshi’s shocked gasp summed up how the Fairy mages generally viewed the situation, barely listening to the Rose’s words as the letter mage struggled to regain control of the situation. It would prove too late, however, as the yokai slammed its paws into the earth where the unfortunate souls had fumbled around, eyes disoriented by the foreign interference of so much magic. Blood was spilled. The disintegrating of auras, life cores of energy dimming to nothingness as the auric warrior watched, a small frown on her face.

How…unfortunate. While the letter mage did not have morals in the sense of the word, she was not someone who enjoyed unnecessary death. She was known for her diplomatic tactics for a reason – she wasn’t afraid to kill if the situation demanded such of her, but in a situation like this, were the animals not too victims? What logic was present in this situation – letting them act as sacrifice in that manner? Simply unnecessary. Eyes flashing darkly, and her weak façade of humanity fading away from her face, she recovered quickly, pulling her energies back towards her.

Their opponent was here now, and while her opinion of the holy mage had greatly decreased, they would need to cooperate to end this issue for once and for all. As she had expected, the magical defense abilities and mental state of the yokai was far too chaotic for Luna to properly influence. She’d have to use different tactics. Sorano’s eyes darted over to Lilium, seeing what the Rose mage would do. Nodding at Hoshi, the exceed would burst into the air, bright wings drawing the furious watermelon eyes of the beast towards her. As he reached and clawed for the winged creature, Sorano carefully gathered the energy of all words that had been passed through the air around her before, gathering it up carefully, pulling it towards her mouth in a manner that was almost like that of a slayer’s. It was a rather funny sensation, the tingling around her mouth that the words caused, but it would be essential for reaching a creature whose mental capacity had been so utterly corrupted.

While Lilium may perceive that there could be no resolution without conflict, the letter mage’s view of conflict was rather different. Having developed her skills since the beginning, when she had seen the world in a much more two-dimensional view, Sorano found that conflict in the form of wills and words was preferable to her style of dealing with things. Sure, casting powerful spells stirred up a most satisfying feeling within her bosom, but more precarious situations required careful wording, in her mind. In that aspect, the mages were truly different persons.

Even as Lilium was building up her buffs and magic, Sorano would have finally gathered the necessary energy to perform the task she aimed for.

“Excuse me, good sir, are you feeling perhaps a bit out of your element today?” Her voice would instantly attract the attention of everyone around her – even the Amulet of Kinship would not protect her allies, as the ability was one that was completely neutral. “How about you try and take a few deep breaths, and we can get started? Sit right on down over there, and I’ll kindly seat myself over here. We can have a nice chat, alright?” As corrupted as the kitsune was, even it could not resist the pull of her voice and the weight in magic that it carried behind it. Slowly, reluctantly, it sat down opposite the letter mage, inclining its head even while its tail restlessly shifted on the ground behind its tawny body.

“So, my dear yokai friend, what has been ailing you as of late?” Looking like a psychiatrist with her legs crossed neatly and hands folded upon her lap, Sorano questioned the creature. “Ah, my apologies, we haven’t introduced each other yet, have we? My name is Sorano Granon, and I am an expert in solving issues involving emotional distress. I will do my best to ease your pain as well.”

Hoshi hid a giggle behind a white paw, finding it amusing how the guild master’s manner changed so much when addressing a party in an argument. Instead of the cold indifference she usually possessed about her, she now had an almost motherly aura, further influenced by the wordly magic whirling about her small figure.

“My…my name. My name is Tungl.” The kitsune abruptly snapped his jaws shut then, at that, looking horrified that he had spoken anything at all. “I…” His voice was broken and hoarse, likely from the agonized wailing he had been endowing their ears with only a few moments ago. The corruption was actively resisting Sorano’s words, but she kept a firm hold on the foreign energy, pushing forward.

“Ah, it’s a pleasure to meet you, Mister Tungl, though I do wish it had been under more preferable circumstances. From my observations, you are not in the best of states, am I right? There appears to be some unnatural form of magical corruption or virus polluting your body, and it would be good if we could cleanse it.” All this time, Sorano’s eyes continued to cautiously monitor each movement of the yokai, noting that he wasn’t converting at all to human form. How odd – most kitsune she had met preferred to converse in a more similar form to the person they spoke with, right?

“It…hurts…” The watermelon eyes flickered with darkness at the edge of his vision, and she noted his quivering legs and shuddering frame, thin and gangly with…starvation?

“We can help you, if you will allow us to, sir. It would be our pleasure.” Offering the words to the fox-like creature, Sorano would then turn to look at Lilium. “Is there anything you would like to know? I cannot hold this control for too long, but while it is present, there is much we could possibly do to cease such a threat.”
    ©️️ seadra of gs

Lilium
    Lilium

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Lilium 28th April 2018, 9:56 pm

On a scale of one to ten, the holy mage was probably feeling about a four in all honestly. The scale was relative to how calm she was in the moment. In battles, she normally felt a little more panicked than she did right now, but she was making her decisions rather calmly at the moment. That is, until the holy mage heard the ringing of Sorano's voice echo inside of her head the minute she sounded La Luna Noire. Her flow had been thrown off a little with that shout. It had a lot of emotion behind it despite how the emotions mage normally sounded. This shout was filled with passion and desperation but, it was telling her to stop too late. The effects of her spell had already traveled and while the holy mage could fly rather fast and put up barriers, she wasn't able to out-speed the force of sound altogether. The holy mage dropped to the ground and landed on her feet, taking somewhat shaky breaths as she heard a quiet exclamation from Hoshi. Clamping her teeth a little closer together, the holy mage would scoff slightly as she flew back over to the location of the Fairy Tail mages.

The maneuver back towards Sorano and Hoshi would benefit the holy mage in the long run because she was able to avoid the carnage that the kitsune was able to cause. She winced as she heard it bound down towards them, as she heard the blood splatter of the stunned creatures that she had attacked moments ago. As tragic as it was, it'd be too much to mourn their deaths at the moment. Lilium could bring peace to their souls but she needed to focus on the main objective at the moment. The priority was stopping the kitsune. If lives had to be sacrificed in order to achieve this goal, then so be it. In the end, she will have to fix the remainder of the forest that was destroyed in the attack and bring peace to the souls who perished. It was pointless to try and save every last being that was present as it was simply going to delay the final objective. And the reason she used La Luna Noire is because it was a hunting horn. The sound that it emits numbs monsters in order for them to be killed quickly and without pain. As bad as it sounds, none of the creatures felt any sort of pain in their final moments. It wasn't much but it was still something.

The holy mage glanced over to Sorano and saw the small frown painting her face. With Sorano, it was becoming apparent that every emotion that she displayed, no matter how obvious, meant a lot because it was a massive change from the stony face that the emotions mage usually portrayed. Sighing to herself, the holy mage didn't feel like explaining herself and her reasonings to the guild master. While she didn't like killing when she didn't have to, she also didn't like delaying the purpose of whatever she was doing. Those creatures while they were also victims to the wrongdoings that the kitsune had committed, the current objective was one that didn't favour their mortality or not. It was simply calm the kitsune down, or take it out if it should come to that, but at the time, they were proving more of a hindrance than a help. The Mafia aspect of Black Rose had somewhat desensitized her to killing entirely because while it did take away lives, it was always for the sake of the greater, not the minority. The path to salvation isn't a clean one. It's somewhat foolish to think that you can save everyone because you are bound to lose some stuff because people are always fated to die. It's an unavoidable part of life and as such, you can't save everything. Glancing at the Fairy Tail guild master, she'd catch her darkened gaze and something seemed to be leaving her, but she quickly snapped back to her senses. The holy mage simply unsheathed her sword, calm faced and ready to act.

Sighing, the holy mage would look calmly at the Fairy Tail guild master before turning her glance towards the rampaging kitsune in front of them. Based on how poorly her reaction went across to what happened, the thoughts that she might be having about the holy mage might be a lot more negative at the moment so she didn't really want to think of what was going through the other mage's head but it still didn't really matter to her. The holy mage had a feeling that the emotions mage would have a thought process like this, as a lot of people would seem to be in this mindset as where they can avoid deaths that they deem unnecessary. But, the world has funny ways of showing you that your ideologies don't always work out. The former noblewoman was actually a prime example of this. But, she wouldn't let what the emotion magus thought about her get to her too much. She needed to stay focused on the objective. Glancing at the kitsune, the holy mage was ready to leap into action until Hoshi began to fly towards the enraged beast. The holy mage stood her ground firmly as she watched the exceed's wings glow a soft colour as she saw Sorano absorbing something into her mouth, something similar to raw energy or something of the sort. It was a similar practice to a slayer of any kind so the Black Rose mage had to ponder if the small guild master was one of the slayers. If so, perhaps she could start distancing herself now. Lilium and slayers don't really mix all that well.

Hearing the sound of Sorano's voice, the Ace of Black Rose would turn her head calmly towards the black haired woman. Brushing the hair out of her face and placing the loose strands behind her ear, she glanced as the Solid Script mage was slowly able to get the kitsune to calm down and sit opposite from her. Her words held a lot of weight as Arthur too had felt drawn to them. She had a feeling that this spell was able to affect her allies as well as her enemies as even the holy mage felt somewhat compelled to follow her commands, but she didn't sway her. Her conviction may have been strong but being stubborn was almost a forte of the holy mage. Arthur would walk over to the side of Lilium and whisper in her ears, "Seeing how much she can do with so little words is a little unnerving." Lilium chuckled at the amount of worry in the former king's voice as she shrugged, "It's a lot more humane than how I get people to follow my orders." Arthur would think about the way Lilium influences people and after a moment, nods his head in agreement with his master. Her methods could be applied here, but Sorano might not want to resort to anymore of Lilium's methods after what happened the first time. Smirking, the holy mage's eyes would dully flash gold for a moment before fading back into their normal hazel. More of a tease than anything but she'd place her hands behind her back before approaching Sorano and the beast now known as Tungl.

The former Santiais noble would calmly stand next to the member of Fairy Tail as she looked towards the kitsune. She felt a feeling of pity as she saw of petite the creature looked. It almost looked malnourished. Was it really starving and had enough energy to rampage as much as it has so far? It was somewhat alarming. If they were able successfully able to treat the corruption, what would happen to what was left in the kitsune. Purification puts a heavy amount of strain on the body and if that's the case, the kitsune might not make it. Unless, the corruption was what was burning through all the nutrients that were stored in the body of the kitsune. The holy mage's eyes would glaze over in a golden shine as she observed the kitsune from head to toe. It was rather serious. There was an entity latched to his soul that was sapping his physical and spiritual energy away. In addition to him not being able to fight it physically, he can probably feel himself being drained away slowly mentally. This must have caused him a mental breakdown leading to the state that he is in now. Sighing as she placed a hand in her hair, grabbing the hair tie on her wrist, the chestnut haired woman would tie her hair into a side braid as she thought about how to go about this, when Sorano asked her a question.

Ah, this could open a lot of possibilities. She could set up a purification ritual and tell Sorano to move Tungl to where she sets it up, or she could ask him if he'd like to eat in all honesty. She was having a mental toss up between the two until she used her mind to speak to Arthur. "I'm going to need you to start setting up a soul circle." Purifications didn't happen often but considering that it was the original focus of her magic, there were multiple different kinds of purification rituals that could be applied to different situations. The only reason she asked Arthur to set it up is because he memorized all of them by heart. The holy mage is in the process of learning this but right now, she couldn't afford to mess up so, she had to ask for assistance. The blonde swordsman would nod as he moved to a location not too far behind Tungl, but far enough that the magic being manipulated wouldn't aggravate the kitsune. Lilium would smile gently as she sat down in a similar style to Sorano and spoke to the girl, "Ask him if he'd like anything to eat. I can give him whatever he wants." The holy mage would smile gently at the kitsune as her eyes glowed a pale gold once again as she spoke to Sorano, "I'm going to purify the corruption. It's going to take a little time to set up though. How long did you say you could maintain this?" The holy mage's eyes would dull down again as she didn't let the stress she was feeling show on her face.

Arthur was manipulating golden threads to write down runes while creating the basis for the soul circle. It was a rather complicated rituals as if something screwed up at the divergence stage, it could completely fall apart. In essence, the soul circle will cause the soul of the one in the circle to seperate from the body, leaving it in a comatose sort of state. From there, the mages could destroy the impurities afflicting the soul. There was many margins for error. The circle could be too small and the soul could be destroyed as a result. Or, the corruption has it's own will and is smart enough to dodge and avoid the attacks of the casters, which can cause the soul to get destroyed in the misfire. There... was a lot of ways to screw up which was rather worrying. In the end though, it all came down to how calmly Lilium and Sorano went about purifying the soul. They could purify it just as easily give Tungl a painful death. All that really mattered was how much they were willing to put on the line. Finishing with the threads, Arthur would cut the thread as it fell down in line with the rest of the circle, shining gold for a moment before dulling. Stating an incantation, Arthur's eyes would switch from their normal emerald green to a light gold that slowly intensified the longer the chant went on. He needed time to complete the chant in general but as of right now, he was hoping that Lilium and Sorano would be able to successfully bide time for him to finish the set up.

Total: 8,290/10,000

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 8th May 2018, 5:59 am

surface of - serenity
    what is happening to me?
    so far away from reality

+ 8,386/10,000

+ in case u couldn't tell, my corpse was the one who wrote this.

+ ѕσяαиσ gяαиσи

A slight scoff caught the letter mage’s attention – it seemed the holy mage had perceived her less-than-positive views on her at the moment, and was rather scornful of them. Interesting that a mage of legal alignment would care less about such matters than the mercenary herself did, but then again, it was Black Rose after all. Not exactly your stereotypical group of moral-hugging mages, as had been shown through her few interactions when forming alliances with the guild. Even so, that wasn’t about to reverse her thoughts on the older mage, and dwelling on such thoughts would merely be detrimental to the success of the task at hand. With that in mind, Sorano easily switched off her “moral mode” that had allowed her to blend with society most of the time, instead exposing the raw lack of emotion she possessed.

As she spoke to Tungl, her will carefully focused into every single word to keep the corruption and the yokai in place, Hoshi would catch a thread of conversation from the Roses and diverted her attention to light upon their words. “ – humane than how I get people to follow my orders.” Catching the end of Lilium’s words, Hoshi’s face scrunched briefly. Unlike Sorano, the exceed had started out very much a legal mage, and even now her moral code was very much aligned with that of a law-abiding civilian’s. It did lead occasionally to conflict between the two parties, but they had eventually come to the conclusion that neither side would ever give. A small smirk spread across the holy mage’s face as her eyes flashed gold, and the tabby shuddered invisibly and turned her head away. It was a good thing Sorano was here, she thought.

Even as the exceed was turning away, footsteps would start upon the ground behind Sorano, Lilium approaching the letter mage and stopping calmly behind her. A soft wave of pity from her emotional aura briefly pulsed towards Sorano’s senses, and she retracted her own field quickly so the emotions wouldn’t interfere with her concentration. However, as a tinge of worry touched her aura right before her senses had been retracted, she spread it out again to feel concern radiating from Lilium’s presence. Was something wrong? She wanted to look behind her to see if anything was wrong, but it would break her concentration, which was something she really couldn’t afford to do right now. A soft rustling sound of hair would come from the figure behind her, and the emotions would return back to plain business. Sorano would retract her senses once more, and tossed the question in Lilium’s direction.

It took only a few moments for the mage to come to a decision, but even within that period of time, the letter mage could feel the kitsune actively resisting her influence. Angry eyes stained with black would stare her down even while she occasionally uttered a sharp “stay” or “stop moving”. Whatever corruption had blighted the creature, it was much stronger than she had originally anticipated. Hopefully Lilium’s magic would be able to effectively take care of the situation… Having very neutral magic with a wide variety of possible spells, Sorano didn’t specialize in any sort of holy or purification magic, and could only guess at what the ritual would consist of. With something as severe as this situation, it would probably take longer than usual to set up the ritual, so she’d have to hold on just a bit longer.

Luckily, Arthur could be heard shifting behind her, energy slowly starting to radiate from his presence a few moments later. The Rose had a plan in mind, one that would hopefully be executed soon. Sweat was starting to slip down her hairline, eyebrows creasing in concentration as she stared back down those flecked eyes of black and watermelon. A moment later, the holy mage would perch down gingerly beside the younger girl, speaking with a kind expression on her face. “Ask him if he’d like anything to eat.” It was certainly an unusual request, and even in her concentration, Sorano would raise a skeptical eyebrow. Well…she’d have to trust the woman for now. There was no time to discuss and come up with better ideas. Surely the holy mage knew what to do?

Suddenly, Lilium’s voice would echo within her mind, speaking quietly with a question as to how long she could maintain this control. The younger mage’s eyes would narrow in response, uncertainty tainting the dark depths. She normally had no need to hold such verbal control for such long periods of time, but perhaps it would be a good test of her endurance. Her colleague’s anxiety didn’t help however, as the stress was very much apparent through Sorano’s senses no matter how much the Rose attempted to hide it. “I do not know for certain. The corruption, whatever it is, has a very high level of will and control over the kitsune. I should be able to keep it up for a few more minutes, but I cannot make any guarantees after that.” It was tiring, just to send the words through to Lilium’s mind, but there wasn’t much other option.

Meanwhile, Hoshi had flown over to where Arthur was diligently working with the magic circle, her amber eyes glancing over the golden runes in curiosity. His movements were careful and deliberate, slowly piecing together the creation as energies built up within the complicated symbols. She didn’t need Sorano’s auric abilities to sense that he was in deep concentration, manipulating the threads with a dedicated gaze. Realizing she could do nothing for the knight here, the exceed carefully alighted on the ground opposite the circle, taking in as much information as she could from the process to possibly be of more help in future situations. Being a natural mage that dealt with the plain and simple elements of Earthland, purification wasn’t really in her league. She was far less acquainted with the category than Sorano was, having less experience and willingness to research than the prodigy. Even so, Hoshi could see when he had finished when the golden thread was cut, the rest falling into line with the glowing circle. Emerald green eyes flashed into a golden hue as he began to speak in a tongue unknown to the exceed. Sorano would probably be able to interpret the language with ease, but Hoshi had no such talents. As a result, the words sounded like nonsensical rambling to her sensitive ears, nothing to capture her interest. Having assumed it would be over quickly, the feline would find her disappointment quickly intensifying with the gold of Arthur’s eyes. This was going to take a while, wasn’t it?

It didn’t look good to Sorano either, as she opened her mouth to address the yokai. “Would you like anything to eat, sir? My partner Lilium should be able to provide anything you need. I hope to make you as comfortable as possible, sir. If you have any request of us, please feel free to ask.” In hope that engaging the kitsune’s real brain, the corruption’s influence and opposition would be lessened, she would attempt to converse with the creature directly as much as possible.

However, such a feat would not be easily accomplished as forces battled for control of Tungl’s body. Clashing colors all over his gangly form would provide a visual representation of his constant battle against the blight, and it was not looking good. However, as his muzzle would be briefly restored to a tawny brown, a soft croak could be heard. “P-please…water…” before the darkness took over again and Sorano had to physically slam her hands down on her legs to recover her mental grip on the suddenly wild and thrashing corruption. “Please listen to me sir, we will be providing you with help as soon as possible. Tungl? Mister Tungl, please try to stay in contact with me, it would make the process much…easier…” A grimace spread across her face at the throbbing headache the spell now induced within her mind. She was losing her grip – it couldn’t be controlled for much longer. An executive decision had to be made – without the energy or will left to direct a mental message to Lilium, the girl slowly raised a trembling hand, directing it towards the area where Arthur was chanting the purification ritual.

“Now sir…if you will please make your way to our little setup over there…your ailment should be removed soon, alright? Come on, stay with me, Tungl…come on, it’s only a few steps. Once you reach that location, everything will be gone. You’ll stop hurting, your struggles will go away. Things will be fixed, and you can go back to whatever contentment you had experienced prior to this most unfortunate incident."
    Unable to move from her fixed position, Sorano would struggle to slowly manipulate the will of the creature and direct him onto trembling legs, easing his steps toward the circle. Only a little bit more…just a little bit more struggling and it would be okay. The words forced her will to push onwards, battling with the foreign force of the blight before her energy levels would suddenly drop.

Mayday, mayday! Struggling to release her hold on the creature all of a sudden, Sorano’s eyes widened as she realized what had happened. The corruption – likely some sort of infection that could adapt to any container it met – had gripped upon her own energy after getting used to it. With all the battling she’d done with it, no doubt it had adapted to her unique magical signature and was now parasitically leeching energy from her along with the yokai. Her vision was already slowly growing dark at the rims, her entire body rebelling against the theft of the ethernanos she consolidated.

In a quick movement, she did the first thing that came to a mind. It probably wasn’t the best solution to the issue she now faced, but it was the only one she could think of in time. Pressing forward the last of her reserves in a burst of energy, she yelled out a sharp “Go into the circle!” Before forcibly pulling her energetic presence to herself, out of reach of the corruption. With her body trembling, the letter mage lowered her arm in exhaustion, vision two pinpricks struggling to stay open. In a feeble movement, she pulled in the energy from her crystals and extracted a few spare books from her bag, absorbing the energy of the written letters within them. She hated wiping the books of their information, but it was the fastest method of regaining power that she had. Eventually, once she stopped feeling so depleted, the letter mage pulled herself gingerly up from her seat, legs still wobbling a bit as her vision whirled about.

“My apologies about that…” The letter mage inclined her head with a grimace at the Rose mages, as Hoshi would rush to her side in a panic. “Sorano, what happened back there?”

Inhaling and exhaling deeply to stabilize her physical condition again, the human of the pair would respond slowly. “The corruption ended up latching onto my energy and draining it. I got it off, but I’m afraid I won’t be of too much help for the rest of the job. Hopefully the purification will still work…did I send him in too quickly? I couldn’t hold of the corruption any longer, my apologies.” Her gaze flickered to the ritual that was going on, wondering if it would still operate properly. Things that required intricate magic circles like this were usually quite delicate – runes were an element of letter magic as well, and the letter mage had done her fair share of work with the pesky things.
    ©️️ seadra of gs

Lilium
    Lilium

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Lilium 29th May 2018, 8:51 pm

The holy mage would raise her eyebrows in suspicion as she looked toward the possessed kitsune. It was rather alarming how long Sorano was able to maintain complete control over the beast. Considering that it was already under a lot of duress due to the malefic spirit ailing it, she was able to maintain this control for a decent amount of time. One could only imagine how long she could manage people who did not have an extra barrier behind their soul. The Ace of Black Rose glanced at the kitsune once again as she listened to the low growling sound it made resonate in it's throat. However, based on recent developments and how Sorano appears, she might start losing the control that she is maintaining on the beast. Lilium's eyes narrowed as she heard the kitsune ask for water as his muzzle changed to a different colour. Ah, that's it? He could have anything but water was it. Opening the vault, a golden bowl would appear in front of the kitsune as another portal opened above it. After a few drops of water came out, a steady flow of water began to fall, mimicking a waterfall. The bowl slowly began to fill up as Lilium glanced at Sorano who seemed to be doing fine at that moment in time. Now to make sure she didn't overfill it.

The Black Rose mage seemed to enjoy contradicting herself often because in that moment, she caught Sorano grimace as evidence that she was beginning to loser her grip on them. Lilium's eyes flickered gold for a moment as she glanced at the emotion mage again as she raised a trembling hand towards the purification circle and the holy mage used her magic to lift the bowl full of water. The circle was close to finished and as long as it was done, it would be suitable for her to leave the bowl over the circle while it was dormant. So, the kitsune would be free to take a few sips of water if he really wanted to but that was probably the last priority based on how intense this purification was getting. She needed to work extremely fast and efficiently right now because she probably did not have much time before the corruption completely took over her soul.

Arthur would continue his incantations but in his mind, he received a message from Lilium through the connection that they both share. We have to get this going now. How much longer do you have until this is ready? The holy mage heard the part of the incantation that Arthur was at and was able to pick up how far he was along with this ritual. It shouldn't take too long to completely set it up. It shouldn't be too much longer from now, not that they even had much time to begin with. Lilium's eyes glazed over as Sorano yelled out a command for once as opposed to the subtle suggestions she had been doing up until that point. The corruption seemed to act as a sentient being, even if it's senses were quite primal. One could probably get the most results by using commands instead of suggestions anyways. Either way, while the kitsune was sentient, the corruption shouldn't be treated as a being and since it was the dominating controller at the moment, it shouldn't be treated the same as the kitsune. Ah, so her suspicion was correct. Now, she needed to be even more careful with how she dealt with this corruption in the body of the kitsune as if it was incorrectly purified, she could end up destroying the physical body as a whole.

Arthur let out a sigh as sweat ran down his face from his hair. He was feeling rather drained right now. The holy mage wouldn't have been surprised if she saw him drinking from the bowl in all honesty. The more that she considered it, the more she realized Arthur was similar to a dog for her. He was always by her side, eager to explore, and seemed to enjoy walking around as opposed to methods of transportation. However, the holy mage forgot that sometimes when she thought about him, he was also a witness to these thoughts. Upon turning her head to face the now completed circle, she was met with the glare of the former king. Chuckling to herself as she knew he wouldn't do anything, the holy mage would walk over to the circle and pat him on the head, further pushing the dog idea. He'd pout angrily as he walked over to Sorano and Hoshi. Crossing his arms and shifting his weight to his left leg, he'd speak to no one in particular, "She's too much to deal with."

The kitsune now stood within the circle as Lilium stood at the edge of the purification circle. She was preparing to activate the circle by placing her hands in front of her and imbuing the magic into the purification ritual. The kitsune felt the magic being poured into the space underneath it as well as detecting Lilium as the source. The enraged creature would charge at her, eyes locked on her head where it aimed to swipe. However, the holy mage glared to the core of the being with her eyes shining gold. This was the tactic she wanted to avoid. She always felt somewhat bad whenever she donned commands to others. As long as she spoke with enough conviction, it was impossible to disobey. "What do you think you are doing? Go to the centre of the circle and remain there." The kitsune, against it's own will, turned around and lied down in the middle of the circle. It almost seemed to be struggling against itself. The holy mage would smile as she turned to Sorano. "Ah, don't worry about it. I can handle it from here."

Clapping her hands together, the circle would hum with life as she glanced at the kitsune. It seemed to be rather neutral to everything around it. Most people believed purification rituals were painful things that always hurt the physical body. However, with this ritual, as long as everything went right, the physical body was never touched. A brilliant pillar of light emerged
    from the circle and completely enveloped everything within the circle. When it finally cleared up, there were two souls floating above the body of the kitsune. One was a pure white in the form of a male with clear kitsune features. The other was a black spirit that was seemed humanoid but also morphing with a kitsune. It was quite frightening because it seemed like it was in constant agony being in that state. The two spirits tried to attack each other but Arthur had already thought this through where they cannot harm each other. The only person who was allowed to interfere with things in the circle was Lilium.

Each counterpart has the center of the soul of the other one. Meaning that if one gets destroyed, the other reclaims the full soul again and completely takes control over the body. It should be simple but the souls have already realized that they can move. It's no longer a simple shot to destroy the corruption. Summoning a bow in her right hand, the holy mage would sigh as she drew the drawstring. She could only use traditional weapons for this. So, sadly no guns which would make this aiming a lot easier. But, she didn't go one jobs for an easier time now did she? Smiling, the holy mage would shoot an arrow at the corruption but as she expected it dodged. How much time was she willing to commit to this? Taking aim again, the holy mage would draw back another holy arrow. Her eyes would narrow as she looked at the black soul. It almost grinned tauntingly at the holy mage. Shooting the arrow would be different as there was now a string attached to it. Firing the arrow, the spirit would dodge again and be confident with how it easily evaded the attack. However, using her first two fingers, the fingertips would glow with a golden light as she swiped to the right, causing the arrow to come from the write and dismember an arm of the corruption.

The spirit would screech in pain as it glared at her. Smirking, the holy mage glare at the beast as it made eye contact with her. Her eyes glowing a familiar golden glow as she beckoned the spirit forward. "Bow before your superior." A smile would cross the holy mage's face as the creature obediently flew down in front of the holy mage. This new ability that set in for her was becoming more and more useful. As long as she didn't use it on other humans who weren't willing, it was fine in her books. After all, she may be a legal mage but her guild isn't exactly completely legal as a whole. Drawing her sword, the holy mage would decapitate the corruption, causing it to fade away into smoke. A single white wisp would remain in it's place as the other spirit curiously floated over to it. Upon making contact with it, the circle would erupt into a similar pillar of light that started the ritual.

The holy mage knew that everything had worked out as the pillar of light intensified as a moment. It was completely getting rid of all traces of corruption within the kitsune. Resummoning the bowl of water, the holy mage would set it up just outside of the circle and fill it with water once again. Turning to Sorano, the holy mage would bow before saying, "It's been a pleasure. When he wakes, please just have him drink some water. The purification ritual is incredibly draining on most living beings. Arthur would walk over beside the holy mage as she continued, "We will be on our way now. I have yet to take care of the destruction so I'd rather get sooner than later. Waving at the Fairy Tail guild master, Lilium would wave as she spoke, "Adieu." Snapping her fingers would cause her and Arthur to burst into a golden light and disappear from Sorano and Hoshi's vision as they went to fix the destruction caused by the Kitsune.

WC: 1,726
    Total: 10,016/10,000

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 30th May 2018, 2:55 am

surface of - serenity
    what is happening to me?
    so far away from reality

+ 10,124/10,000

+ EXIT - I'll be turning it in now!

+ ѕσяαиσ gяαиσи

Upon hearing the kitsune’s request, the holy mage would summon a golden bowl, floating above the wretched creature. A portal would open above it, and clear water splashed into the dish. Slowly, slowly, the water welled up within, forming a waterfall of liquid that trickled and splashed into the bowl like a cascade. Wondering if it would overflow or stop just like that, Hoshi would dart a nervous glance at the girl who sat there, sweat trickling down the side of her face. Glancing at Lilium to see how things were going on her end, the tabby noted as the holy mage’s eyes glowed a brief gold, then raised her hand to lift the bowl full of water, moving it to the circle. A look of concentration settled over the mage’s face, something that seemed to be similar in all lawful mages, huh. The exceed fluttered nervously in the general area, looking uncertain about what to do. It was like it had been in the past – she herself standing around while everyone else risked their lives and saved the day. What could she do, in the end? Wings drooping with the thoughts, Hoshi hovered over to keep watch on Sorano’s condition.

On the other hand, Lilium seemed to be busy with the magic circle. Keeping in touch with Arthur, it was then that Sorano’s outburst came, directing Tungl and the corruption together straight towards the circle as fast as she could. It was all in the hands of the holy mage now, that much was obvious to the onlooking exceed as her companion slumped down due to sheer exhaustion and lack of magical energy. She seemed to recover fairly quickly – the letter mage was careful to keep crystals and other methods of storing energy to ensure she never truly ran out, and those were put into use as Sorano pulled in energy from the jewels subtly decorating her wrists and ears. The corruption had been much more intelligent than she had expected. Although it was by no means as sentient as a typical being along the lines of a human or yokai, it was strong enough to slip in past her defenses. That wasn’t so small a feat. Lilium and Arthur would have to careful with dealing with it.

Slowly pulling her body up from her seat, Sorano would move over to observe the process as well. Arthur was very obviously drained, looking just about as bad as Sorano was. Setting up such a circle could not be easy, it seemed. Was it the concentration that went into there, or was it energetically draining as well? It was something interesting to consider, and for a moment the letter mage drifted away in thought, easily deterred from her focus when her energy wasn’t enough to keep her mind focused. After that scuffle with the corruption earlier, she was rather unwilling to concentrate on one thing for a long while. In fact, being so absent that she missed the entire exchange of energy between Lilium and Arthur, Sorano was only jerked back into her own thoughts by Arthur’s absent statement. “Uh-who?” A rare stutter tripped free from her lips as she struggled to remember what had just happened. Luckily, the letter mage would be saved from embarrassment by Hoshi’s laughing explanation, whispered into Sorano’s ears as she watched the proceedings of the ritual.

By now, the kitsune had been settled into the circle, Lilium standing observantly at the edge. Slowly, her hands would be placed in front of her, imbuing the energy and magic into the ritual. Training her own eyes on the situation, Sorano watched as the kitsune’s eyes flared in detection of the magic being poured in below him and let out a howl of rage. Charging straight at Lilium, Sorano instinctively raised her hands to help with a spell, stopping however when the blackened eyes widened in shock and confusion. With a piercing stare, the holy mage was glaring furiously back into what seemed like the very core of the corruptive being, emotions clashing in conflict for a moment in the letter mage’s eyes before she let loose a harsh command. Directing the corruption back to the center of the circle, it would be forced to walk back to the middle of the setup, hackles raised in fury, but having no choice but to comply. Slowly, Tungl  laid down in his place, limbs shuddering as if in a constant battle with himself.

Lilium turned around to briefly reassure Sorano, then clapped her hands together smartly, causing the circle to hum to life. Surprisingly, the yokai seemed to have calmed down somewhat by now. Looking fairly unaffected besides its internal struggles, it seemed to be suggested that the purification did not physically hurt as much as was commonly assumed. Interesting… Even as the letter mage mulled over the thought, a sudden brilliant pillar of light shot up from the circle, completely enveloping its inhabitants. A soft whimper came up from the yokai encased within, sounding more confused than anything, before the light cleared up to reveal two souls floating above the limp, battered body. Unlike auras, these were more similar to Sorano’s own spiritual form. Tungl’s being clearly distinguishable through its white kitsune features, it was quite obvious that the menacing black spirit was the corruption that the holy mage was out to destroy. Having appeared humanoid at first, Sorano was surprised to see it slowly morphing to match the kitsune’s soul shape. How interesting – here was its adaptability shown in clear daylight, as it morphed to fit its counterpart.

In a sudden rush, the two souls moved to attack one another, evoking a gasp of fear from Hoshi as she watched the charge towards each other. However, it seemed that the process had been thought through already. The spirits were unable to harm each other, and instead thrashed and reared in fury and frustration. The thoughtfulness of the holy mage duo was truly impressive, wasn’t it? A moment later, Lilium would summon a bow in her hand, drawing the string and carefully aiming at the corruption. It was an interesting choice, as the weapon was difficult to maneuver (Sorano used one herself, and even then its usage was avoided. Aiming was a hella difficult task.), but the letter mage supposed there must be some type of reasoning behind it. Lilium had proven herself to be far too careful to make such silly mistakes as to use a difficult weapon that seemed unsuitable for the occasion.

A smile embellished the Rose’s face as she let loose the arrow, missing the dark spirit as it swerved easily out of the way. Wondering if she should offer her own help, Sorano’s mouth opened momentarily as Lilium drew yet another one back. Staring straight into the eyes of the corruptive spirit, it seemed to almost taunt her, its primal emotions flickering in glee through the letter mage’s eyes. It would last no longer than a few breaths, for the holy mage had prepared herself this time. A string attached to the arrow allowed her to easily flick her fingers to the side, following the corruption’s path of escape to dismember one of its arms. Interesting…so destroying the darkness would destroy the corruption? Closing her eyes for a moment, Sorano opened them once again to observe the paths of energy that lit up the area, the magic circle blinding in its light. Although she could hear the spirit’s screech of agony, her mind and senses were lost in the system of interconnecting energy paths. It was how she learned to shape new spells and strategies, immersing herself in the very movement of the magic. Lilium’s commanding presence as she subordinated the spirit easily was bright and bold, whirling with all sorts of light, overwhelming in comparison to the shriveled coil of energy that was the corruption spirit. Despite its greed, tendrils constantly reaching out to grasp at more power, it was unsuccessful when pitted against the powerful energy of the circle.

With it obediently moving up to the holy mage, Sorano watched as satisfaction set in among the bundle of energy that was Lilium, easily decapitating the spirit with a slash of her holy sword. The energy slowly dissipated, returning to the world around it in wisps of smoky substance. Instead, a single white wisp was left behind, allowing the original kitsune spirit to absorb it into itself. The circle blew up into a column of light again, and then all was back to normal. The wretched body of Tungl remained collapsed on the ground now, rags enveloping a stick-thin human figure. Ahh… So now he could finally return to his human form, huh. Emerging from her state, she watched as Lilium resummoned the bowl of water, setting it up right outside the circle. Bidding their farewells, the Rose mages bowed and left in a burst of golden light. Huh, alright then. If that was the case, they might as well get cleaned up here as well.

Hoshi would flutter over to the ragged form on the ground, gently shaking the man’s head. “Um, Mr. Tungl?” He would blearily left his head to look at them, confusion on his face. “Oh…it’s finally gone…”

“Alright sir, unfortunately, we will have to head off soon. But I’ll create some necessities for you so you can recover. Do you know how to get back home?”

He nodded slowly, and Sorano nodded in satisfaction. “Alright then, we’ll leave you with clothing, food, and medicine. The holy mage left behind water, if you’d like to drink.” Creating the aforementioned items, she laid them down in a neat bundle next to the man. “This should be enough to last a week or so, in case you have to travel a fair distance. We wish you the best of luck in getting back to normal.”

“Ah…okay…Thank you very much, that was a very difficult situation for me…” The kitsune sounded uncertain and small, but looked up with a fairly refreshed look on his face after drinking the water. “Thank you again, and let the other mage know my gratitude as well if you can…”

“Well, we’ll be off now!”
    After quickly checking that his physical state was strong enough to survive on the supplies they had left behind, the Fairy duo themselves set off to first restore emotional order in the surrounding areas before returning back home to Magnolia.
    ©️ seadra of gs

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 2:14 pm