Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

In the Case of Lethargy [Private Katherine]

Sybil
    Sybil

The Star Child

The Star Child

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Comet
    Position : None
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 39
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 5,657.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Star Child
    Second Skill: Arc of Time
    Third Skill:

In the Case of Lethargy [Private Katherine] Empty In the Case of Lethargy [Private Katherine]

Post by Sybil 27th February 2018, 12:28 am

Die A Hero, Or Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain

Through the numerous serfs that still served Basilisk Fang, word came to Katherine today that her presence was called for. Famine wanted her to meet with her at the room on the top floor, which the solitary guild master kept as a personal den. A place to plan practically, to talk business and to make her plans. The scenario of Katherine was the equivalent of a naive middle schooler being called up to the principal's office, that was without a doubt. Only, all the much more unsettling on the nerves.

The door was the grey of unburnished silver, dull and spotted with years of weathering. Where there should have been some fancy matching handle was only a square shaft of dark cold metal. Now that Famine was expecting company, the gate was left to hang open and askew which cast a dark shadow into the hall. While inside, Famine was standing in front of a wide bay window which dumped the light of snow-covered mountains inside the otherwise tremendously macabre interior.

On the ceiling were cobwebs in every neglected corner. Walls were lined by pages and several cork boards, many large enough to cover one entire side of the room which were littered with newsprint, hung by red tacks and strings. It depicted her clear obsession with keeping tabs on those that nudged her the wrong way.  Upon closer inspection, a person could follow the map to it’s endgame: black X’s where ink dripped down the papers.It suggested she’d finished most of these jobs.

Above this board was a shelf of personal trophies, beakers of the manufactured poisons, animal fangs ranging from garden snakes to dragon-sized teeth. There were jewelry boxes that held fingers of those that had stolen from her guild and tongues of people who had lied to her instead of gems. A jar that may have been used to contain fireflies was full of a clear fluid and held a foggy blue eye that had been ripped out of Kanix Laspors head after she abandoned Basilisk Fang. Easily some of her fondest memories sat on this shelf. She wasn’t here to show of her trophies, yet. Instead, while she waited for Katherine she’d tend to her other pet in a glass box beside her, a long bone-white python that sat in some sand under the warmth of a heat lamp.

And at the very end of that trophy shelf was a shoe box filled with straw where the very mute tone of squeaking in the room emitted. Mice. Famine who still had her back to the door fished one out by the tail and tossed it up into the bed of her palm. She clenched her fingers and the rodent's neck snapped around her closed hand. Afterwards, the witch promptly dropped the fuzzy lump of meat into the container.

The snake was now fed for the next few days, and Famine, who didn’t make so much as a sound in her motions, stepped away from the clear box whilst not closing the snake-pen lid. An action not out of her own forgetfulness, but because she hardly cared whether her python chose to remain in the heated bed or to slither about. Pets should have the incentive to wander about and be productive. Famine could sense the warmth of Katherine’s body in the room now. Her gaze snapped over to the ruby-haired mage in her presence. Productivity… The same expectations applied to her Basilisks. Or did that brand mean nothing to a perfectly capable fire mage who’d failed to do nothing but mope around?

Famine crossed her inked arms behind her back. Ahote was the one that dragged Ms. Neel into the Guildhall, yes, but Famine had heard from him that Katherine was here seeking out Famine. The mage’s initial reaction had been that she was another assassin or bounty hunter...Whatever the damned Magic Council had up their robes these days. However, The girl had been far too ill-equipped for that task… or she had tremendously underestimated Basilisk Fang.

She was here, she was alive. The ultimate decision was Ahote’s to make. While Famine wasn’t particularly pleased he chose the merciful of the two options Famine wasn’t sated with letting just anyone walk around wearing her[i/] crest either. Protection here was something Famine insisted had to be earned many times-- The guild had been betrayed many more times recently. Who knew… Maybe little Katherine could be useful. The bounty hunter she needed to send out to get rid of all the loose ends. She knew Katherine was here now, even without turning around.

“Why’d you come up this mountain, and why did you think it was a good idea?”

@Topic
    NOTES: N/A

[/i]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

KatherineNeel

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Guild : N/A
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 1,862.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

In the Case of Lethargy [Private Katherine] Empty Re: In the Case of Lethargy [Private Katherine]

Post by KatherineNeel 27th February 2018, 6:49 pm

A Bird Amongst Snakes

At some point after she’d gone to Ahote’s room, Katherine had fallen into a restless sleep but only because her body demanded that she rest. The incessant nightmares kept waking her up every five minutes, jolting her from her peace if she were to find it somehow. It was likely ill-advised for her to sleep in her current state with a concussion, so eventually, she decided against even shutting her eyes and sat stiffly at the edge of the mattress. It hadn’t been too long before she was called. A servant of the guild had come to retrieve her and send her to Famine. The mention of her name alone was enough to make the mage stiffen. Of course, the woman was the whole reason Katherine had come to the mountain in the first place, but that didn’t stop her efforts to brace herself as she went warily on her way. It was when she shut Ahote’s bedroom door behind her and stood in the hallway that she realized she didn’t have shoes. Not that it was really a matter of concern at the moment, but it would make navigating the fortress a lot more aggravating with how chilled the floors were to her. She did wonder where Ahote was or if he’d ever come back to his room, however briefly seeing as he hadn’t been present any of the times she’d been conscious. Her feelings toward him were still mixed, stuck between hating him entirely and wanting to make up for how awful she’d reacted to everything. None of it was important then because she realized she’d come to stop in front of a giant door that looked to her just as menacing as the woman assumed to be behind it, waiting. Katherine swallowed roughly and tucked her hair behind her ear nervously, hesitating to enter the room before her. She reached out to push the door open, only to stop when she saw how shaky her hand was and clench it into a fist. Taking a deep breath, she crossed the threshold.

She’d only just stepped over the lip in the doorframe when Famine whipped to look at her. Her gaze was icy and cold, piercing. Katherine’s toes curled as her anxiety set in full-force, her heart pounding in her chest. The girl watched as Famine turned her back to her, crossing her arms behind her back and staring out at the snowy terrain through a large bay window. She bit the inside of her cheek in anticipation-

Famine spoke and the inside of Katherine’s mouth began to taste of copper.

“I-” Her voice cracked and she cleared her throat, trying awfully hard to ignore the blood that leaked onto her tongue. “I came to ask a question I knew only you could answer. Whether or not it occured to me that this was an awful idea should be apparent by now.” She didn’t move an inch from her place at the door; she was too frightened even to breathe properly. Gripping the hem of the shirt she’d been lent, she continued. “I can’t say I didn’t expect something to happen on my arrival here, because I was wary of it. But obviously… Not enough so.”
    ( tags: N/A . words: 539 )
    made by jinx of adoxography

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm canceling myself.
    Sybil
    Sybil

The Star Child

The Star Child

Developer/GFX Artist- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Weapon of Apocalypse Wielder- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

In the Case of Lethargy [Private Katherine] Empty Re: In the Case of Lethargy [Private Katherine]

Post by Sybil 25th March 2018, 8:36 pm

Just as clearly as she could sense a pin drop, Famine could hear the air fill Katherine’s lungs and the tingle of sweat on her hot brow when she stepped forwards. The ghost of a smile cracked at the corner of the mage’s lip. Nervous, not a reaction Famine was unfamiliar with. Hardly a moment after she stepped inside the doorknob twisted back and creaked shut with the same delicateness it had minutes before, mimicking the event prior. The hands of the analog clock above Famine shifted counterclockwise very subtly.

By now the squeaking of the mouse had faded, without a doubt, it had already been devoured by the predator in its presence. To her, this was another predator-prey encounter and the roles were clear to the witch.

“You've taken quite the time to give that question a try….”

Darkness befell the windows as she laid her nail against the glass and drug it down upon it. The shadows that always seemed to be at her whim made the white landscape dim as a black curtain of darkness slowly sucked the light out of the room save for the candle on the table…

Now that lighting was almost as she liked it she padded with bare feet back to the flame on the table and picked up the tower of wax, holding it between Katherine and herself.

Funny how small all these shadows make some flame look, Katherine.“ A pitiful simile- comparing Katherine to such a puny and weak light, but a perfect segway that would let the guild master tear into her.

“Pathetic really how you’ve turned precious high-elevation-air all to carbon; wasting breath when you sob at night. Not to mention how you've let so many meals my son has prepared for you go cold.” Cold and condescending she was but when did Famine back down from a chance to scare fresh bodies into submission?

“What’s your hesitation,, with our mark etched into your side do you really think you've got anything else to lose now?” Her finger closed around the wick of the candle smothering the flame until just the smoke twirled in her face followed by the stagnant scent of its ash. “Ask me I dare you.”

@Topic
    [/i]
    [/i]

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by KatherineNeel 2nd April 2018, 5:43 pm

Burn

She watched silently as Famine drowned out the light in the room with her shadows. She stiffened, but she wouldn't let the snake know that she was afraid any more than she already had. She came up to Katherine, holding a candle between them, and spat an insult at her. The girl tilted her chin up and grimaced down at the woman. For her to be compared to the weak light of a candle... She'd like to scoff, but at that time it was the closest thing to the truth. She couldn't be offended by it, because Famine was right. And another jab would be thrown, but Katherine wouldn't do so much as blink. Another truth she had no heart to be perturbed by. She would applaud the effort though. The girl forced a smile and an air of confidence, the blood of her cheek's open wound staining her lips red. She didn't feel good about this at all, but she could push through. After all, she only wanted to get answers and leave. The snake pinched out the flame and all she could do was inhale deeply.

"I have hesitation no longer, so I will now ask you bluntly Famine," she said, barely blinking as she stared where she thought the woman's eyes might be in the new darkness that had fallen. "Your attack on Magnolia killed my foster family, I'd like to know why you did it. Don't misinterpret my words like your son had, I urge you. I know their deaths weren't directly your fault, but the cause is still what I would like to know about."
    ( tags: N/A . words: 271 )

I'm canceling myself.
    Sybil
    Sybil

The Star Child

The Star Child

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sybil 13th April 2018, 2:55 pm

“I killed a lot of families, your case isn't special. I was expecting a bolder question.” She hadn’t been around for a long time, in comparison to Katherine especially, but even then many people had died all around the mage, friends, family, strangers and now to her, it made no difference. Now, she was grown up enough to even find herself to partake in murder… As much as putting someone down, especially when they got in her way, excited her that hadn’t been her purpose in Magnolia that evening.

“But…”

Famine finished pacing another one of her small circles in the rooms centre, coming back around to pluck her satchel where it was hung at the corner of the room “if you need to know: I wanted to frame the legal guild in the city for spiking the water plant. I did, and Fairy Tail had to reform. Anyone that died was in the way but the bodies did help exercise my point. Granted, a lie in the end.” As she spoke she  came back to her desk with the purse and bumped the occult tome sitting on the side of the table and rummaged through a few of her drawers--

After a minute, she was mostly satisfied with her packing. Her eyes scoped through the darkness around. Either way, she had few attachments to this room after locking herself up for so long now, she could leave the next day if she wished….and maybe she should, Famine had burdens to take care of outside of this place after all...

“What my stunt did was get us some attention up on this mountain, infamy, and a few new runaways looking to join up with the people conducting genocide…” she muttered “but then there's you.” she finished, complete with cold undertones

“Even if you didn’t come up for the mountain and look for us the same reasons you're stuck right in the middle of it. Ahote let you live so you must have some usefulness… Fancy going out for a trip next time I take off?” Famine said, a genuine offer… though one of her questions wouldn’t be complete with that malicious little grin tugging up the corner of her lip. She knew there was no way Katherine really could refuse such an offer. Typically Famine wouldn’t be caught dead dragging around little red around but-- if Katherine proved to be too much of a nuisance Famine could always leave her to rot somewhere.

@Topic
    [/i]
    [/i]

KatherineNeel

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by KatherineNeel 14th April 2018, 10:49 pm

Curl

Katherine couldn't hide her surprise. Not about the cause of her family's death; no, that wasn't all that surprising if she were honest with herself. Famine asked... if she would like to join her the next time she left. Her eyes widened a fraction, taken slightly aback by this offer of sorts. She opened her mouth to reply, shut it and swallowed, and then opened it again to actually speak. "Thank you for your answer; my curiosity has been satisfied," she said, not so much as blinking. I-I don't see any issues with joining you, but as for my usefullness... The doctor, Saryn, she has just appointed me as her assistant. I think that, realistically, it would be wise to speak with her about the matter and it's possibility before anything is decided. Take this as you will, but do know... I am not declining."
    ( tags: short and sweet and straight to the point . words: 145 )

I'm canceling myself.

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 4:26 pm