Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Wizard's Grace // Solo Job

Noel Astra
    Noel Astra

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Eagle Vision
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 100

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

A Wizard's Grace // Solo Job Empty A Wizard's Grace // Solo Job

Post by Noel Astra 27th January 2018, 6:47 am

Information:

Beanstalk village, a place Quinn had never visited nor ever thought about visiting. Quinn wasn’t particularly interested in farming, and looking at the origin of meat didn’t seem that exciting either. Still, he was currently on his way to Beanstalk Village. Not to admire the boring plants and livestock lingering around, but to slay a wide variety of terrifying vegetable demons!

Quinn wasn’t very fond of using violence, but sometimes it just happened to be unavoidable. Talking or politely capturing little vegetable demons had apparently already proven to have been useless, merely a method of stalling the tiny devils that had taken possession of the village’s valuable crops. It was truly a tragedy, one that Quinn would hopefully make an end to.

Though Quinn obviously did care about the local farmers not being able to properly tend their lands, the 10000 jewels awarded for completing the job was currently much more of a motivation. Being only 16, Quinn hadn’t really come in contact with jobs that paid so well. He would sometimes get some money by helping out his father or any of his acquaintances, though it was a modest amount at best. Money hadn’t been extremely important for him up until now, as he would most likely have to spend a lot of it on better equipment to significantly decrease his chance of getting injured. He didn’t think he’d need anything special for this job, though, considering it was merely vegetables he would be fighting after all.

Travelling hadn’t been a very common thing for the younger wizard to do, and when he did, he would go by boat and stay moderately close to his hometown. That wasn’t the case today, though, as he was currently quietly sitting on a train headed towards Crocus. There, he would have to search for a lift towards Beanstalk Village. He wasn’t sure yet how exactly he’d get there, but he just hoped there would be a friendly person willing to give him a ride.

Luckily, there was! Upon arrival, Quinn had spent quite a while asking around for any people heading towards the small village. Luck was on his side because he found an elderly couple in possession of an old-fashioned horse cart that was more than willing to take him along. All he had to do was get in and wait for their arrival.

Merely minutes passed before Quinn found himself sitting in the horse cart, a very friendly older woman sitting beside him while her husband sat in the front to watch the road. The cart was relatively empty, and Quinn had been told that they had gone to crocus to sell some of their crops.

“Thank you again for letting me travel with you, I really appreciate it.” Quinn started, a smile on his face as he glanced at the woman next to him. “No worries, it’s always fun to have some company,” she replied, her tone of voice gentle. “So, why is a young boy from Hargeon headed towards Beanstalk?” A deeper and coarse voice spoke up, quite clearly being the older man. Quinn was more than willing to answer any questions thrown towards him, they had taken him along after all. “I’m going there for a job, apparently some farmer’s crops have turned into demon-thingies”. “Oh my, ‘demon-things’ don’t sound very friendly.” Quinn, chuckled, nodding before replying to her remark. “Yeah, I'm not sure if they're actually harmful, but I think I’ll be alright.” The older man decided to join in on the conversation again. “Of course you’ll be, you have that trident with you after all.” he reminded Quinn of the large piece of metal currently laying down beside him, the point of the weapon obviously turned away from him and the woman sitting next to him. Quinn didn’t have too much experience, but his grandfather had taught him some basic knowledge about wielding the fishing tool as a polearm, making the younger boy comfortable enough to carry it into battle without being at a major risk of accidentally injuring himself. Soon after the man spoke up, the silver-haired individual next to him quickly added a couple words to his sentence. “and Magic.” “Right, and magic.” Quinn nodded again, looking down at the Lamia Scale mark on his left hand. The elderly couple had noticed the mark quite quickly after he had approached them, and Quinn hadn’t expected them to actually recognize it. While he was still looking down at the sky blue mark, Quinn heard the gentle feminine voice from beside him appear once again, this time in the shape of a compliment. “That’s a beautiful ring, where did you get it?” A bright smile appeared once again as he looked up towards the woman. “It's a gift from my mother, it’s actually the magic I use.” “Oh wow! What can that little thing do?” Quinn chuckled, looking down at the seemingly innocent blue accessory around his ring finger. “It lets me summon all kinds of underwater creatures, most of them are really cute.” “How nice, but can you use them above water?” Quinn nodded, tilting his left hand around to make his palm face the air. “I’ll show you.” He said, his eyes glued to his palm as a small magical circle appeared to release two really small squids, one blue and another a bright pink. The woman’s face instantly lit up as she tried to gently touch the seemingly hovering pink squid, who wrapped its tiny tentacles around the female’s finger the once it came closer. The blue squid, on the other hand, had voluntarily made his way up onto Quinn’s shoulder, quietly sitting there as it observed his friend. The cold sensation of the water around the squid was quite clearly felt by Quinn, but it didn’t bother him that much. “Are they real?” could be heard coming from the front of the cart, the man now having turned himself sideways to admire the presence of the two little creatures. Quinn nodded as a response. “100% real, I’ve known them since they were born.” “How adorable.” the woman said, her face seemingly glowing with happiness as she wiggled her finger around playfully to see the little creature hang on like its life depended on it.

After a few minutes of playing around with both squids, Quinn carefully placed the blue squid onto his hand before giving it a small pat on the head with his index finger. “It’s time to go back to mommy~,” he said, also looking at the other squid that now quickly let go of the finger she had still been latching onto, slowly but surely making her way back towards his hand. Upon having seen both squids successfully land and sit on his left hand, he opened up the same small magical circle to make the creatures seemingly vanish. “What a beautiful gift you have.” the woman said soon after he had sent his little friends back to their dimension. Slightly flustered by the compliment, Quinn scratched the back of his head as she spoke again. “Oh, It’s all thanks to the ring, really.” Oddly, the woman shook her head, still smiling which slightly confused the younger boy. “I might not know a lot about magic, but I’m pretty sure that it takes a special person to properly use it.” Quinn didn’t know why he deserved all those compliments, feeling thankful and slightly embarrassed for some reason. One awkward laugh later, Quinn replied. “Thank you for your kindness!”

--

Time flew by while Quinn conversated with the insanely kind individuals that had taken him along to Beanstalk. They spoke about all kinds of things, from Quinn’s hobbies to wild stories from their past all the way to two proud grandparents talking about their family. It was heartwarming and extremely welcoming, making Quinn’s homesickness disappear for quite a while. He didn’t really keep track of time, but he was almost certain that it roughly took a couple hours to arrive at Beanstalk Village. Luckily, he still had plenty of time to take care of the dangerous threat.

The two brown horses came to a halt at the older man’s command, who quickly manoeuvred himself out of the cart as he said hi to a nearby acquaintance that had walked towards them. The woman beside him, who had told Quinn her name was Valerie, now got up as well, grabbing some of the belongings in the cart that they hadn’t sold in Crocus. Quinn simply mimicked Valerie, picking up his small backpack and trident before hopping out of the cart. There, he quickly stretched his arms and legs before looking back at the older woman. “Again, thank you so much for taking me along, I’m sorry I can’t pay you back." Valerie chuckled, a bright smile on her face as she carefully stepped out of the cart and moved towards the shorter individual. “You don’t need to pay us, your company was more than enough.” She raised her hand, patting the happy boy’s head. “I hope we’ll meet again.” “So do I, you’re always welcome to visit us.” “I definitely will.” Quinn gave the woman a quick hug before turning around and making his way forward so he could see the older man. “Sir, I’ll be going now!” he said, speaking slightly louder as there was quite a bit of distance between them. “Alright then, good luck with your job, Quinn.” The man offered a quick wave, one which Quinn returned and also reflected towards Valerie. After saying a final “Goodbye!”, Quinn started walking towards the location he had been told to go to. At least, he thought he was heading towards it.

Now, Quinn wasn’t exactly a hero at reading maps or just following directions in general. He was somehow cursed with the inability to do so, and it made life quite a bit harder. He had apparently already used up his luck today because 15 minutes later he had still not found the given location. Releasing a sigh, the fish whisperer moved decided it was best to just ask for help. A friendly individual managed to send him into the right direction, and with the help of asking another person, Quinn managed to make it to the farmer’s home who was apparently supposed to give him more information. Upon arrival, Quinn was welcomed by a young girl he assumed to be roughly around 7 or 8. She was extremely sceptical for some reason, not wanting to let him in at first despite having shown the job request and the Lamia Scale tattoo. Luckily, her mother came to see who was at the door and let the blue-haired individual enter.
    “I’m really sorry, Isabelle isn’t very good with strangers.” the blond woman, which Quinn assumed to be the younger girl’s mother, spoke up while Quinn followed her through the house. The young wizard let a laugh come through before he replied. “No need to apologise, I thought it was actually pretty funny.” The woman instantly replied as he finished speaking, turning around with a slightly forced smile on her face. Quinn’s lineage allowed him to see a clear presence of worry, probably because of the situation that had brought Quinn to the town. “Well that's a relief. I’m Christina, nice to meet you.” She extended her hand, making Quinn shake her hand as he vocalized his reply. “It’s nice to meet you too, are you the one that’s supposed to tell me a bit more about the situation?” “Well, my husband did send out the request, but he’s on the field right now so I can inform you a little.” Christina gestured Quinn to sit down on the nearby couch as she spoke up, making herself comfortable on a chair on the opposite side. Quinn carefully placed his trident against the wall before sitting down, putting his hands on his lap as he looked beside him to see Isabelle climbing up onto the surprisingly fluffy piece of furniture. He offered her a smile, one that she seemingly did not care about considering she kept glaring at him. “It happened only a couple days ago.” Christina started, catching Quinn’s attention as he took a more serious facial expression. “We noticed some of the crops were not doing very well. Thought it might just be a lack of water or something, but they slowly started withering and grew.. horns.” “Horns?” “Yes, horns, and they’ve started to glow too.” Quinn found the described situation rather.. comical. How could he be scared of glowing vegetables with horns?” Still, he did his best to not laugh because it was quite clearly a bothering situation for the older individual. “It’s been spreading fast, my husband and some other farmers have been trying to get rid-.” a disconcerting noise from outside caused the woman to rapidly turn her head towards the window, stopping midway into her sentence. The noises from outside were followed up by several shouts, even high-pitched screams, causing all three people in the house to move towards the window, catching the glimpse of several people running away, a small.. tomato running after them. Confused and doubting if this was actually real, Quinn grabbed his trident and moved towards the door. “I’ll take a look, please stay here.” And with that, he opened the door, slowly approaching the little red.. thing that was currently in the midst of attacking a plant pot, and Quinn could hear it throw out numerous swear words in the common tongue. What on earth was going on?

“H-hello?” Quinn stuttered while he slowly moved towards the round monstrosity, not a clue as to how to react. His voice had apparently not been heard, causing him to speak up again. “What are you?” This time, the thing had quite clearly heard him talk, reacting by turning around and starting to yell. “WHAT DID YOU SAY YOU UGLY HUMAN WITH YOUR STUPID HAIR AND THAT PUNY WEAPON OF YOURS!!!??” The insanely loud and high-pitched noise overwhelmed the trident-wielding boy, “Uhm.. I just-” “HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” An utterly underwhelming battlecry announced the unpredicted but easily dodgeable charge from the giant tomato. “Stop it!” “I WILL DESTROY YOUU” Another charge was directed at Quinn, this time he reacted more aggressively. aiming the trident at the tomato as it came forward. He didn’t want to hurt anyone, but this thing didn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon. All it was was some sort of possessed demonic vegetable, so taking it out of its misery wouldn’t be a bad thing to do. However, Quinn was still slightly insecure in his course of actions, not knowing how the monster would react to him engaging in the fight. He would find out soon enough, though, because the tomato quickly came in range for him to thrust the trident forward and successfully pierce through its body. It didn’t seem to react with any pain, simply releasing another loud screech once again. As a reaction, Quinn slashed the trident towards the left while it was still stuck in the tomato’s body, quickly following it up with a slash directed towards the other side. He had essentially sliced the poor thing into pieces, causing it to fall down peacefully without having managed to do much harm. The novice wizard was certain this wouldn’t be the end of the job, though, for it had been much too easy.

And he was right because further into the field more monsters would be waiting for him. At least, that’s what he expected after hearing a panicked farmer shout “Get away from the field!” Quinn wouldn’t be taking that advice though, for it was his job to get rid of this pest after all.
    His breath was steady but slightly faster as he ran into the field, quickly catching the sight of four tomatoes currently chasing after a boy that seemed to be around his own age. Knowing that 5 demons were a bit too much to handle on his own, Quinn decided to call for help, specifically from his underwater friends.

Coming to a standstill, Quinn lifted his left hand, aiming it forward as his eyes were aimed directly at the still unsuspecting tomatoes. He then started to chant, still surprisingly calm considering the situation he was in. “Come forth, Bubbles.” A light blue magic circle appeared in front of Quinn’s hand, quickly extending in width and height to allow the jellyfish to seemingly swim directly out of it. The blue jellyfish hovered quietly in front of his master, waiting for a command that he would soon be given. “Alright bubbles, follow me!” the words slipped out of his mouth, already running towards the enemy before finishing the sentence. His first target was the tomato closest to the younger boy who had just tripped, fear in his eyes as the hysterically laughing monsters slowly came closer. Their performance was theatrical and slow, giving Quinn, who was quite clearly fighting seriously by now, a chance to easily take care of them. Thanks to the high volume of noises they produced, Quinn managed to catch them by surprise, slashing the trident from left to right to cute an unsuspecting tomato in half, using the momentum build up to do an overhead swing down onto the tomato directly next to his decapitated buddy. It was another successful hit, but the two targets he had taken out were quickly replaced by four fellow demons coming from behind, Each of them angrily walking directly at him while they released an array of profanity.. He was now surrounded by 7 tomatoes, each of them suddenly charging at him which did give the other boy a chance to run away. Slight panic filled the boy’s mind, preparing his trident as 3 tomatoes came running towards him from the front, one of them releasing a weird stream of ketchup that launched the poor boy into the jellyfish, who luckily was unaffected by Quinn bumping into him. “Time to attack, Bubbles!” his command was loud and clear, causing the giant jellyfish to counter-charge into two of the tomatoes coming from behind. Quinn focused on the tomatoes in front of him, carefully waiting for them to get closer before rapidly slashing horizontally, followed up by an attempt at thrusting his spear into one of the demons. Sadly, he merely scratched the target, but Quinn luckily had time to try again, this time landing his strike before slashing to the left as he had done with the first tomato. 2 of the enemies in front of him had stopped moving whereas the other was still moving towards Quinn. His eyes were glued to the edible demon, almost tunnel visioning for a split second. Taking a single step forward, Quinn thrusted the sharp object forward again, landing the hit which caused for a slight sense of relief that would sadly be taken away by another hit of the tomato juice cannon, directly striking the already ketchup coated wizard and knocking him back and causing him to fall down to the ground, eventually coming to a standstill after having repeatedly tumbled sidewards. Quinn quickly got up, quickly charging at the tomato who was preparing itself for another long-range attack. The trident went directly though the soft, easily penetrable skin of the demon, making an end to its life. Another tomato, who had already been struck by a hit from the trident before, Now came hopping forth, one of his legs quite clearly missing. It made it quite easy to get rid of the monster, a quick hit from above taking another tomato life. There were only three more to go, and all three were currently focused on Bubbles. Quinn turned around, seeing his summon take a painful hit from the side. Luckily, Bubbles seemed unphased, spinning rapidly to give each of the tree tomatoes a mouth full of tentacles. The young wizard moved towards his summon, switching the grip on his Trident, grabbing it at the front with one hand as he ran towards bubbles until there were only a couple meters between them. Quinn then threw his trident down at one of the demons, piercing directly through it and pinning it to the soil beneath it. The impact of the hit distracted the two tomatoes, causing it to furiously charge at Quinn, who was currently disarmed. The bluenette rapidly ran at his weapon, but one of the tomatoes got there first and slammed its body into Quinn, sending him down onto the ground. The tomato didn’t patiently wait for Quinn to get up, instead trying to jump up over him and throw all his weight onto the wizard. Luckily, Bubbles managed to not-so-gently bump the tomato away, sending it flying away from his summoner. “Thanks buddy,” he said, quickly getting up as he followed Bubbles back to the trident, telepathically telling the creature to attack one of the two living monsters. They were still yelling all kinds of dumb insults, but Quinn didn’t take the time to listen. Instead he politely grabbed his trident again, pulling it out of the tomato before walking forward towards his angry tomato friends, a collection of slashes taking care of both, although bubbles did get the final hit on the last.

Quinn was already in a bad shape, having involuntarily been hit by a stream of surprisingly powerful ketchup. Feeling a little sticky was merely his lowest concern because having been thrown around the ground had been slightly more painful. Annoyance had caused Quinn to become a bit more aggressive, which had been quite clearly seen in his way of taking care of his last few enemies. Sadly, there was no time to take a breather, because another group of tomatoes was headed his way.

--

Slash after slash after slash after slash, it seemed to be going on eternally. Getting through the first wave of demons had already proven to have been a difficult task, but now that he was already worn down, Quinn had it significantly harder. This resulted in him fighting awfully defensively, only attacking whenever a tomato attempted to send another high powered ketchup stream at him. It was truly an unprofessional mess of a fight, but what could you expect from a 16-year old that had barely ever fought. The tomato demons had been more busy with talking absolute nonsense rather than fighting, though, so even Quinn could take them out without taking much damage. It just so happened that they had caught him by surprise the first time, which hadn’t happened the second time around.

Luckily, Quinn got the chance to quickly catch his breath. He wasn’t enjoying the situation at all, and just to make it worse another group of monsters came running into his direction. Giant. Pieces. Of. Corn. His reaction was heroic and totally justified. He ran, hard and far.

The awfully eerie noise of corn flying around at rapid speeds caused the young boy to whimper in fear, hiding behind the jellyfish that was currently defending him. He had come to a standstill, carefully observing the situation partially with his Eagle vision, which made the horrendously traumatising experience of seeing corn monsters running around as if they were models even worse. “I hate corn,” he said angrily, tightening the grip around his trident as he looked directly through the translucent jellyfish in front of him. Quinn knew that Bubbles, who had sadly taken quite a few hits, wouldn’t last very long, so he had to make an end to this quickly.
    And so he did.

Commanding his jellyfish friend to stay back and remain on the same spot, Quinn released an underwhelming, slightly comical warcry as he ran forward, throwing his trident directly at a corn monster in front of him. The iron weapon gave the corn thing no chance to dodge, and it seemingly accepted its fate considering it struck a pose before being hit with a rather powerful hit of the trident. Quinn quickly pulled out the trident before thrusting it upwards, directly into another demon. He then moved backwards slowly, keeping his eyes on the 3 monsters directly in front of him as they internally decided what to do. Their thought process didn’t seem to be very long, though, as all three decided to attempt a charge at the same time. This caused Quinn to run once again, telepathically requesting Bubbles to charge the pieces of corn while he ran towards the blue jellyfish. Apparently, though, the lower ranked summon had decided to take a casual stroll around the field, having changed its position slightly to remain out of range from Quinn longer than he had expected. Luckily, Quinn was talented at screaming for help, which is exactly what he utilized to catch the attention of his buddy. Eventually, Bubbles did as he was told, sending himself flying forward to ram the creatures as if they were nothing but bowling pins. Quinn turned around to quickly give the final blows while they were still down on the ground, Bubbles slamming into one of the vegetables to end its misery. “Bad Bubbles! I told you not to move!” Quinn pinched the floating underwater creature, giving him an angry look that didn’t get a single reaction. Bubbles wasn’t very communicative, but the blue-haired boy was certain that his familiar would feel regret right now. If he didn’t, well, Quinn wouldn’t find out anyway.

Having already fought 3 waves of weird vegetable monsters that seemingly came out of nowhere, Quinn was certain that the battle wasn’t over yet. As a result, he looked around the field, not seeing anything for a while until a large yellow spot grabbed his attention. “You have to be kidding me!” Quinn said, releasing a large sigh as he realised another pile of corn on the cobs were coming towards him. He didn’t even need to look anymore since the idiotic monsters made plenty of noise to give away their location. They weren’t a very stealthy group, nor a very strong one or a very durable one, but if annoyance could kill they would’ve been mass murderers.

It didn’t take long for the vegetables to arrive, two of them releasing a barrage of corn into their direction whilst three moved forwards. Their teamwork capabilities were debatable, considering some pieces of corn actually hit their fellow demons. It wasn’t any lethal damage though, so Quinn sadly had to fight again.

“Okay Bubbles, stay still for a while,” Quinn said before gently making his way onto the hovering jellyfish. Once he had gotten into a somewhat stable position, Quinn quickly said “Spin!”, causing the jellyfish to rapidly spin around, releasing a blade of water that cut straight through the charging enemies. It was then just a matter of cleaning up the last two.

Charging forward, Quinn used Bubbles as a shield to block the incoming pieces of corn. His lack of pain allowed it to take the hits without actually feeling how much it hurt, but it did still heavily bruise and injure him. Just as he got close enough to engage with his trident, bubbles was body-slammed by one of the monsters and sent directly back into the ring. “Bubbles!” Quinn exclaimed, not having really thought about his familiar not actually being immortal. His removal from the battlefield put Quinn at a major disadvantage, but him being knocked out wasn’t useless. Quinn was now closeby the unwanted monsters, so he could easily jab and slash at the final demons to bring them down, one of them landing various pieces of corn on the poor boy before he took care of the being. It was at this point that he was so glad he had actually taken the weapon along, because, if he hadn’t, he would most likely be unconsciously lying on the ground right now.

As the final trident thrust was delivered, Quinn could hear the eerily annoying noises of more vegetables coming from directly behind him. His beloved tomatoes had come to say hi again, and Quinn didn’t even slightly appreciate it. "Not again!”. Walking slightly forward, Quinn lifted up his right hand, aiming it towards the collection of red problem makers. He was almost certain that it would be impossible to take care of this situation without the aid of another summon, considering he was incredibly worn down and tired from the past 4 waves of monsters.

“Come forth, Elly!” he exclaimed, a small blue magic circle almost instantly appearing and extending to allow the seahorse-like creature to make its way out of the other dimension. Quinn gave the larger creature a quick pat before slowly but surely making his way onto the underwater creature’s back. He was no stranger to riding on the familiar’s back, having done so until the moment Elly started opening up to him. “Let’s finish this.” Quinn planted one of his hands down on the summon’s back, gripping around the extending scales of the creature before commanding her telepathically to start running forward, directly towards the shite-talking tomatoes. With his other hand, he held a tight grip on the trident, seemingly holding it like some sort of lance. Once they reached the first tomato, Elly ran straight past it while Quinn shoved the trident straight through, taking care of the first screaming demon. Another rogue tomato was taken care of in the same fashion, Elly coming to a stop directly afterwards to turn herself around, her tail hitting a tomato and sending it flying into another one of his little friends. Elly sped up into the opposite direction, charging at the group of 6 tomatoes that were coming directly towards them. Wanting to quickly take care of the beings,  Quinn made the decision to utilize Elly’s ability. Looking away, Quinn quickly spoke up while they were only a few more meters away from the enemies.“Blinding Light!”, two words that caused the horn on Elly’s head to start shining brightly, almost instantly releasing a powerful surge of light that temporarily overwhelmed the surrounding area. Quinn had luckily been clever enough to look away and close his eyes, opening them once he was certain the surge of light had been cast. The attack had been most definitely successful, considering all 6 tomatoes were currently running around in random directions and occasionally bumping into one another. Now that they couldn’t see anything, Exhausted Quinn commanded his seahorse to slowly move past the tomatoes so he could make an end to them. He would’ve gotten off his trusted familiar, but he was currently too worn down and exhausted to run anymore. Luckily, politely destroying the tomatoes wasn’t too much of a big deal.

After having taken care of the 6 tomatoes, Quinn moved back to the final two targets that had survived Elly’s tail slamming into them. The summoner didn’t even need to tell Elly what to do, having already slowly started making her way to the stupid creatures. Once again, Elly slammed her tail into one of them before taking care of the other with her horn. Thrusting it through the tomato wasn’t enough for it to die down, and the resilient little thing decided to repeatedly punch the poor underwater creature until Quinn helped her out through the use of his trident. As the tomato fell to the ground, Quinn looked around to spot any other targets. His Eagle vision was utilized once again, accurately looking around the battlefield and sadly seeing more vegetables. He commanded Elly to quickly make his way to a group of corn, but before he could get there the creatures had seemingly fallen down, their demonic features disappearing as if they had never been there in the first place. The noises around the field gradually died down, making space for human voices to once again fill the void. A smile appeared on the blue-haired boy’s face as he realized the fight was over, leaning forward to hug Elly before making his way out of the field.

Quinn moved up to the crowd of farmers that cheered him on as he came closer, happiness temporarily numbing the boy’s exhaustion while he heard them do so. He was later informed that Rune Knights had apparently made their way to Beanstalk during the fight and had managed to arrest some sort of evil summoner that was deemed responsible for the uproar in the fields. Quinn hadn’t been able to catch a glimpse of him, but he didn’t care. He was just happy that the situation was solved.

Feeling a bit too awful to take on the trip back home, Quinn had accepted an offer from the elderly couple from before to reside there for the remainder of the day and night. He had collected his reward at the farmer’s house beforehand, and Quinn was more than happy to have received the large sum of jewels. It had definitely been worth the trip and fight.

The following day, Quinn enjoyed some lovely breakfast before saying his goodbyes and starting his travel back to Hargeon. He had successfully finished his first solo job, an achievement that he would most definitely talk about in the details once he got back home. He was now Quinn Atwood, Slayer of Tomatoes, a title he would proudly wear.

Final WC: 5542/4000 Words.

Spoiler:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 8:49 pm