Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Motor City Duet! ( Job w/charlotte )

Strange
    Strange

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Magician's Spirit
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 112.5

Motor City Duet! ( Job w/charlotte )  Empty Motor City Duet! ( Job w/charlotte )

Post by Strange 9th January 2017, 9:08 am

Job Info:

The day was grim as the sun had just risen high enough to illuminate most of the surrounding lands. The shroud of mist that laid low on these lands created a beautiful scenery from the train Horatio and his partner for this mission Charlotte were on. It was a quiet ride, especially looking how it all began. Horatio was just looking at the mission board back at Rose Garden when this girl approached him. She seemed to be willing to 'help' , which Horatio figured was her way of asking for help from such a magnificent mage as himself. She must have been afraid of appearing weak! Horatio, in all his grace, of course accepted this cry for help and picked a mission that she would most likely not get hurt on all that badly. But as soon as they got on the train the aura surrounding the sometimes flamboyant 'master mage' began to fade. He became silent, and his body language became less apparent. His shoulders lowered and the sparkle in his eyes faded. But the most noteworthy thing was that, unlike his counterpart, Strange as he was known only to himself in this state didn't talk much, if at all.

After a slightly awkward trip on the train in this manner he was still a sight to behold, sitting in his impeccable white suit and white top hat. Strange seemed uncomfortable in it, but he himself figured that changing would only mean a hassle, because as soon as there was a noteworthy crowd, one that was sure to be in a big city like Motor City Horatio would take right back over. To be quite frank this might be the only time in the day Strange himself could enjoy the rest he was giving himself, as Horatio's constant theatrics were quite tiresome and exhausting at some times. Looking across him was a girl not all that much younger than him, although the age difference was still fairly significant. Why did Horatio choose her anyways? But before he thought up an answer he realized how silly it is to try and understand his alter ego and to just go with it. As he thought this a large shadow in the distance could be seen. It appears they were nearing their destination.

Wordcount; 383 ( total; 383 )
    Charlotte
    Charlotte

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Curse of the White Witch
    Guild : Black Rose
    Experience : 18,700

Motor City Duet! ( Job w/charlotte )  Empty Re: Motor City Duet! ( Job w/charlotte )

Post by Charlotte 9th January 2017, 10:16 am

Seth really was insistent on this. Apparently he was taking a look around the guild when he spotted a somewhat... intriguing, as he put it, person who was in a need of an asistence, lest he could come to a harm. And Charlotte certainly did not want that to happen, even if she didn't know him all that much. She did kinda know who he was, as she saw him when she joined the guild itself. But that was about it, not much in the way of interaction between them so far. So this would serve as a good team exercise at the same time. Filled with energy, just like Seth suggested, the girl did indeed approach him and offer her help with whatever task he had at hands. And with his rather strange and colorful manner of speaking, he did accept. Just like that the girl managed to find herself on the train that was heading to the famous Motor City, one of the larger settlements on this continent. Not that the girl knew about much that was outside the borders of Fiore, she was always holed up in her home that was in Rose Garden. And she rarely ventured out beyond the city walls either, so this would be quite the experience for her no matter the outcome of their job.

As the scenery behind the windows moved in rapid speed, the man seemed to quiet down significantly, which almost made him seem like an entirely different person compared to who he was just moments ago. Seth stayed completely silent for now as well, which left the girl a little bored, sitting on the seat near the window. Thankfully she had her little leather pouch with her, and from it, she pulled out a small plushy teddy bear which served as a little toy for passing time faster. Though she might be a little too old for toys like that, she still loved these little stuffed guys and would always carry one around. And it really did help with passing time, as they arrived before the girl even noticed that any distance passed at all. Once they were off the train, the girl sighed and jumped right in front of her partner with a big smile on her face, ready to talk a little bit more. Maybe it was just that he wasn't feeling well on the moving train, so now things coule be a little bit better.

"Mr. Horatio, you seem like a strong magician! But Seth said that you could use some help too, which means that this job could be actually quite dangerous. But don't worry, I'm sure we will be able to solve the dispute of those kids!"

Word Count - 454

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Strange
    Strange

Motor City Duet! ( Job w/charlotte )  Empty Re: Motor City Duet! ( Job w/charlotte )

Post by Strange 9th January 2017, 10:40 am

As the train came to a screeching halt and the duo stepped out Strange couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. He knew he was just a small bit away from reverting to his alter ego, but then again, that might have been the more favorable option in his eyes for large crowds like the ones gathered at the station gave him nothing but the feeling of discomfort. The girl hopped out first, after having sat quiet in the train the entire trip, just like him. It was interesting to see she carried around a toy she might seem a tat too old for. It was a sign she might be more of a 'staying inside the comfort zone' person as well, just like him. With a low, monotonous voice, quite unlike his flip side he began to speak.

''I'm not all that strong of a magician.. So I guess the help is appr-....UHUM! WHAT i OBVIOUSLY meant to say was no problem kiddo, I'm glad to show you around and learn you the tricks of the man who is also known as THE marvelously efficient mage versatile like the colors of the rainbow HORATIO!''

In a mere matter of moments in the middle of Strange's speech he was interrupted by a sudden burst of energy, a twinkle in his eyes and a fluctuating more theatrical tone of voice. Once again Horatio was in control and he was ready to show Motor City what he was capable of. The station itself was made out of a large quantity of metal beams and constructs, and with the mist still lingering on the lower levels it made the first impression of the city seem very grim. Not that the city was very noticeable for they were surrounded by this large structure, according to some records even the largest station on the continent. Looking around groups of grim people could be seen wearing grey clothing, and among them a lot were tattered or seemed neglected of care. Of course they weren't here to ride the train, for public transportation like the modern train was still quite expensive for the lower classes. No the ranks were filled with beggars and street urchins hoping to get a few jewels from the richer folk leaving the train.

Among them one particular small individual could be seen. Or rather said vaguely noticed for the untrained eye for he or she was both quiet and fast. As the individual quickly sneaked through crowds of people leaving the train someone with a trained eye could notice he was swindling pockets as fast as someone who had mastered this trade would do. It would be a truly impressive deed if it wasn't so vile in nature. But the little rascal showed no sign in stopping, and eventually reached the point where Horatio and Charlotte were standing, hoping to pickpocket them just like the suckers he had already left behind. Horatio, as keen as he was on sleight of hand tricks and the likes, had already noticed the small figure. He might not have been a mage, but he possessed enough street knowledge to know what was going to happen. He deftly set two steps back, pressing his back against the train and protecting his pockets from being sacked without being very obvious about it. The thief quickly noticed this and acknowledged the fact that it had become an impossible task, and now instead aimed for Charlotte's back.

Wordcount 576 ( total 959 )
    Charlotte
    Charlotte

Post by Charlotte 9th January 2017, 11:08 am

Horatio followed after her right out of the train and onto the station where all kinds of sounds could be heard from every single direction. They were greeted by the screeching and wheezing of mechanicals, machines and engines along with the sound of steam escaping faulty pipes that lead all over the Motor City. This place was truly one of the future, showing the progress that humanity made even without the constant use of magic. It could be probably pretty accurate to say that this place was in fact even filled with those that were against magical energies, those who hated it's very concept. People like that really did exist in Earthland and Fiore, though some had to ask themselves what they were even doing in these parts, there were plenty of nations with far lower percentage of mages in the population. Or at least that was what Charlotte read in a book that she had bough recently. Most of her knowledge was from books actually, as she never fully attended any kind of school. She absolutely hated those places and even Seth would probably have some issues trying to force her into one. So instead, she just remained inside of her home and studied there. A person who preferred to stay in her comfort zone indeed.

It didn't take long before the man would try to reply, providing answer to the girl's question. But something a little odd happened, as he started his speech almost as a completely different person. It really surprised the girl who directed her gaze up into the skies, almost as if she was expecting a guardian angel to descend and tell her what was going on here. Instead, she merely heard milion of voices, whispering sweet little secrets to her. A soundless voice that only Charlotte herself could hear and magical energy that was perceivable only to her. Because of her confusion on the matter of Horatio changing his speech, Seth provided her with the answer and suggested that she should continue acting as if she did not know that there was someone else in that body as well. Shame too, as the girl now wished she could introduce herself even to the other personality, or whatever it really was, inside of that body with dapper clothing.

"Hehe, I'm glad. Seth taught me some tricks as well, but I can only do very few of them right now. And none of them are really impressive at all, it's almost as if I was not a witch at all. Oh, but... why do you wear clothes like that? They are pretty, but it seems like they could get dirty very easily in a place like this, with all the grease and all..."

She expected some fabulous answer that would explain that the man has to be in fact dapper all the time. But instead, he started backing up, pressing his back against the very dirty surface of the train that was covered in oil and mud. It also seemed like he was covering his pockets for whatever reason, which confused the girl once more. Again, she never really ventured beyond the walls of Rose Garden so she was completely unaware of any dangerous that could lurk in a city such as this. Thankfully, Seth had eyes just about everywhere, as well as the knowledge of all, the great insight. And he definitely didn't want the girl to lose what little jewels she managed to get for herself, as that would be simply heartbreaking. As the little runt extended his hand towards the girl, her eyes changed from the pure and unnatural white into perhaps even less natural gold color, a somewhat creepy smile flashing across her face. With a quick gesture, one of her hands touched the child's forehead and the girl's power activated. To the outside world, it probably looked as if nothing at all happened. But the thief slowly started backing away until he fell to the ground, crying and suddenly apologizing. Seth, who temporarily possessed Charlotte's body used one of her abilities to shift around the boy's emotions, forcing remorse forth and making him regret what he had done. And just like that, the girl was back to her usual self! Only now her hand was covering her mouth as she started coughing out some strange black liquid.

Word Count - 726

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Strange
    Strange

Post by Strange 9th January 2017, 1:32 pm

Horatio didn't quite mind the grease and mud on his clothes, after all this little excursion of theirs had quickly taken an exciting turn. No tale of heroes ever finished with clean clothes nor a clean record. But as he watched the spectacle unfold he noticed something quite interesting. Well, of course Horatio didn't notice it, but Strange's cog's began turning when he saw what had happened. This girl he merely deemed a bit odd or even immature appeared to posses an ability. What kind it was, or if it were magic related was unfamiliar to Strange. After all, he possessed none of those himself, but the idea someone like that was right next to him frightened him beyond his comfort zone. Luckily, the oblivious Horatio was in control, so it wasn't noticeable through any physical means.

''I see you're not quite the little girl I assumed you to be. Maybe even a bit street wise if you saw the fellow approaching you. Mind you he /was/ quite stealthy, though of course he lacks the same talent as I, the Illustriously frightening mage of the imaginary world, Horatio! Now kid...''

Horatio stepped towards the child sitting at the ground, who was still filled with an obvious sense of dread, or perhaps it was remorse. It was difficult to figure out which one by only looking at his pleads for forgiveness. Strange thought it was odd, but Horatio? Of course he deemed it only natural in the presence of one of the greatest mages of realm; being himself. He took off his hat and put it on the kid's head.

''Now listen here chap, take this Horatio collectible limited edition white hat as a little peace sign. You see I can remember reading about some kind of problem with street urchins and degenerates, much like yourself. Now I don't mind little rascals practicing a talent long lost, but do not think for even a second your little tricks are a match for true power, true magic, very much like the kind I possess. Now tell me, where do you hail from? And I think you realize damn well I don't mean the place where you've sucked on your mom's T's all your life..''

It was slightly out of character for Horatio to leave some of his regulars antics behind and stay on point, at least, for anyone used to his regular shenanigans. However this was only caused by the interference of Strange's interest in the matter, slightly influencing small parts of speech to keep it on track rather than making it yet another string of declarations of greatness and omnipotence. The kid in question, while unsure whether impressed by the small speech or still dreading Charlotte in the back whose coughing of black liquid went only noticed by Strange stuttered his answer in what seemed to be open honesty.

''S-sorry sir! I-i p-p-promise never to do it again! I-I swear by me nan's grave! I-I'm just a patsy Sir! I swear! Me mates are h-holed up n-not so far from here y-you see! T-They're not h-hard to recognize, w-we all have this to m-mark us as part of the g-gang!''

Although the kid seemed to have more information, he kept on stalling between half words. Nothing made quite sense after his original story. Either he became too frightened or he realized that speaking more than he already has created a bigger risk than either Horatio or Charlotte could be. In either case, Horatio patted the kid on the shoulder, and gave another one of his wicked smiles.

''Now that's a good fellow, off you go, we have no more use for you. But try one of your little stunts on me or my apprentice there again and I'll have to take you in as well for some guidance. Sure sure, you might wish to be mentored by me already, but quite honestly, I won't be nice if I have to do it by force nor do I have the time to take you on right now. So shoo, go on and hurry on home. I'm sure you're aching to tell your friends that you met the industrious and resourceful mage Horatio!''

Wordcount; 701 ( total: 1660 )
    Charlotte
    Charlotte

Post by Charlotte 9th January 2017, 3:04 pm

The girl could even hardly pay attention to what was happening in her current coughing fit. The black substance, the ink that was coming out of her body slowly overflowed her hands that she was using to cover her mouth, letting the substance drip onto the metallic ground beneath them. She could hear Horatio's voice, but it sounded like a whole buch of gibberish to her, a muffled voice that was too distant to hear. And among all that noise, she could also hear the little boy's voice, shaking and all scared. Seth altered his emotions, but perhaps the effect was too great for a regular human being? It was black magic after all, and the girl was now paying the price for it. And somehow, her partner did not notice in the slightest. And perhaps that was for the best, though there was the possibility that he was merely feigning ignorace. Though he did not look like one that would do such a thing, rather, the opposite.

This Horatio person loved to be in front of others, adorned and looked at with respect. He would not ignore someone that could give that to him, especially in a state such as this. Or at least, that was how Charlotte judged the man. But the question as why she was in this state, coughing up ink again, that was mystery to her. After all, it was Seth's doing, the usage of that spell. And he was in the habit of never leaving the poor young girl with the memories of when he was using her body like that. Only after a while she managed to calm down, a point at which the two men in front of her were almost finished conversing, one leaning down while the other was on the ground with the ivory white hat atop his hair. What exactly transpired between them, she was unsure. But Horatio would surely lead little Charlotte the correct way, she she probably needn't pry, as that would only create more questions for her partner to ask. Wiping the rest of the ink with her sleeve, she tried to fix her expression into a more acceptable one before asking one question, however.

"W..why is he lying on the floor like that, Mr. Horatio? Did he fall or something? It looks like he's lightly sobbing."

And he really was. Charlotte joined her partner at his side, looking at the boy who quickly picked himself up and started running in the opposite direction as Horatio shooed him. The girl was a bit confused with this, as she had no idea that it was her who caused him to fall onto the ground and dirty his clothes just like Horatio did with the train. He really looked like a bum now, didn't he?

Word Count - 467 (1647 total)

Strange
    Strange

Post by Strange 9th January 2017, 3:31 pm

As the kid hurried off and Horatio's most devout fan joined his side Strange couldn't help but butt in for a few moments to speak a couple of words on his mind.

''I suppose yo-'RE PROBABLY surprised about how quickly I, the masterful persuasive mage HORATIO managed to defuse the situation as quick as I did. But of course the answer is obvious dear, he was just impressed by my status as the best mage from the grandest of guilds. In any case, the laddy told us exactly where to look. We already know these little rascals will be hidden within the slum of this city, so let's head out shall we?''

Strange didn't get to finish his sentence before Horatio took over again. It appeared Horatio was too excited to be part of an actual adventure worth bragging about later. Of course the bragging would involve a lot of events that didn't actually transpire, maybe some dragons and goblins to spice things up. Who knows, all Horatio did know was that his bragging rights would go through the roof. Stuck with these thoughts in his head Horatio kind of ignored anything Charlotte would say or do, and it was obvious from his wicked grin that Horatio was definitely more occupied with one of his delusions.

Though as caught up as he might have been he decided to run on auto pilot for a little while. He walked at a fastened pace, which for most people might have made him look like he was in a hurry, whilst in reality he was used to this speed. After all, who doesn't own magic has to try and excel at other feats, and being nimble fast and agile was his low key talent. Although he would of course claim it was all earned through magical means or feats. Going at this pace it didn't take long to cross the city into the more shady neighborhoods. The impressive skyscrapers, steam machinery and boilers spouting their overdosis of pressure were quickly traded in for cheap looking appartement buildings and finally, when they reached their destination, the houses began to look more like a scrapyard filled with small nooks and crannies where people had been capable of placing a bed or anything else soft to sleep on.

The people looked like eternal paupers, wearing nothing but tattered and filthy clothing, some even lacking a proper set walking around without a shirt or just in their plain underwear. It was quite the sad sight to behold, and definitely something most tourist would avoid visiting while in the city as to keep it from spoiling their debauchery and fun. Within these slums the occasional clanking of a metal worker could be heard. Here and there were shops that seemed to deal in reworked metal, and they didn't seem to take effort to hide that all the parts they had probably once belonged to someone else. Must have been that regular for the area. Horatio and Charlotte continued walking until Horatio noticed someone with a similar mark as the boy had. On closer inspection the boy was walking with multiple of what must have been their allies.

''Come, Harold and John are about to square off!''

One of the lads said to his friends. It seemed they were all in a hurry to spectate some kind of event, and knowing their backgrounds it couldn't be something good. But, as the mission they were on dictated, they were here to make sure they stayed out of this gang behavior, so they were quite compelled to follow them to see where they were heading.

The place they arrived at was quite impressive for the dump they had been traveling in the past while. It very much had a amphitheater feeling to it, having its own stands in a circle around what appeared to be an arena to the youth. Above the entrance was a vehicle registration plate with the letters 'DOOMPIT' on it. In the eyes of Horatio quite the badly thought of name. As he read the letters once more he imagined how he would name it, and even muttered ''Horatio's Pugnacious Palace'' to himself.

wordcount: 679 (total: 2339 )
    Charlotte
    Charlotte

Post by Charlotte 9th January 2017, 5:06 pm

Horatio didn't really share much for some reason, as his impressive nature probably wouldn't be a reason for a little boy to be laying on the floor, crying. Whatever the case, it was thing of past now as they boy quickly disappeared in the crowd that was all around them. It was their speciality after all, capable of disappearing in the moment's notice to avoid undesirable gazes falling upon their small figures as they would perform acts considered rather vile by the more wealthy residence of this city. Though the girl had hard time how people like that would even look like and instead figured out that everyone who lived here was probably just a huge fan of a steampunk setting. Even she was, there were many different books witch such theme laying on the shelf in her little home back in the Rose Garden. And now she had the desire to read all of them again, so she surely would once this little job was done. But it didn't seem like that would happen just yet, as they pretty much just arrived into the city! Sure, they had the information they needed, but that would hardly speed things up all that much. They still had to deal with said gang of children. Hopefully they would listen to them and not resist too much, that would not be the greatest. Something that Charlotte really did not want that to happen.

It also appeared that the other personality(?) wanted to say something too, but Horatio managed to cut him off. It made the girl wonder if the two of them actually even knew of one another, if they were aware that two different beings were occupying the tiny space of a single human body. Something like that, Seth informed Charlotte many days and weeks back it could be rather dangerous. One body would not last holding too many forces. But if they lived in unison, then perhaps they were fine. She could only hope now, she had no right at all to butt into his life with it all, even though he knowledge could go beyond the reality itself with Puppeteer on her side, controlling her whole life. Or perhaps it was not very advisable to be taking advice from a puppet in the first place. In a sense, this girl was no different from the clockworks that could be found all over this city, gears that were mindlessly and tirelessly spinning. Only, the girl herself could tire, quite easily in fact as was confirmed by the ink that she expelled from her body earlier.

Some time later, they would find themselves in the most likely worst part of the city and the domain of children gang. Horatio quickly found some of them to follow and so they did. The girl remained silent to not alert them, to not fail their mission by scaring all of them away on accident. And since her partner liked being in the center of attention, she let him lead, following every step he made. She would only speak after him once they arrived at the ring as well, since his words didn't quite make sense for this place.

"But there are no houses here that could be grand enough for name like that. You need a large mansion at least to call Palace!"

Word Count - 558 (2205 total)

Strange
    Strange

Post by Strange 10th January 2017, 4:49 pm

''Quite observant of you lass, though sometimes a little bit of over the top grandeur is necessary to draw in the crowds, but I suppose you'll learn THAT little life lesson when you're older..''

As the duo entered through the scrap metal entrance and gained a closer view of the Arena things became a bit more apparent. The kids were dressed in two different colors as much as they could afford, some red, some blue, both separated into two different stands. The two sides appeared quite hostile to each other, as the ones currently facing off on the arena grounds in front of them were clad in the same differentiating colors. The arena grounds themselves could be called barbaric at best, with the only thing separating the contestants from the spectators being rusty spikes of scrap metal placed in a ring around a central open ground, slightly lower than the rest of the theater.

Once paying closer attention it could be noted that there was a clear hierarchy in the two opposing forces. The older kids sat on the top of the stands, with the highest even possessing some demonic features. Whatever caused that, whether magic or machine, remained unclear. But it wasn't their job to find out either. All that WAS clear from this sight was that the winged ones with red or blue eyes were the one they ought to be speaking to, although the sides seemed to embroiled in the conflict going on in the arena to really care about the two strangers that just entered.

They were shouting, cursing and hailing those that stood within the grounds. Pitted against each other was a rather fat but large kid, bulky by not only fat but also muscle. It was a rare and strange sight considering how malnourished most people looked. Hell even the guys at the top here seemed pretty thin. Against him was a winged, yet very small and young looking kid with red eyes and what appeared to be a spider's tongue. It wasn't the first time Horatio had walked or even participated in these kind of events, even the underground ones. It was a past the glory hound Horatio would rather keep hidden. Intimidation didn't work half as good as a display of absolute power, the kind he resorted to. Rubbing the back of his head at what appeared to be the first sign of doubt anyone could ever notice from Horatio it appeared some of his Strange was leaking through, as his split personality was grinding his gears in order to figure out a way to quickly resolve this mess.

Wordcount: 438 ( total: 2777)
    Charlotte
    Charlotte

Post by Charlotte 16th January 2017, 9:45 am

Charlotte didn't really understand the words that Horatio spoke, or rather the sentence that those words formed. And perhaps that was the whole point, the fact that he mentioned she would be able to properly understand once she grows older. That was the desire of many children, to grow old quick so they could understand, so that they could seemingly do whatever they could. Shame the reality wasn't like that at all, and being an adult was more problematic that anything a child could imagine. Charlotte was already informed of that by Seth, so she was wary. And she was glad that she was still fairly young, considered a little girl by many. She was still allowed to play around and not have any real care in the world. She only had to follow Seth's orders and everything would always end well one way or another. But there was another thing that Horatio's words provoked from the depths of the girl's mind. Yes, this place was far from grand... but Charlotte could now only wonder about how interesting would Seth's domain be. She knew nothing about the puppeteer, yet she knew that she could trust him with her life, that his control was better than her own. And because of that, he could have been from absolutely anywhere, roaming the strangest of worlds.

Would a being like him live in a majestic palace, build from only the purest marble? No, he was far too modest for something like that. More like a cabin in the woods, accompanied by a quiet river nearby. A perfect solitude in the heart of nature. Yes, that was the home that Charlotte imagined Seth would be living in. If it was the truth or not, she would probably never learn. But it was fun to theorize like this nonetheless. After all, Seth meant everything to her. A bond so strong that not another living soul in this would could understand it, no matter how much would they try. That was simply the nature of a relationship between puppet and her puppeteer. And while all of this was going down in the girl's mind, her partner bravely entered the ring, probably searching for a solution to this mess, a way to calm these children and make sure the gangs fall apart. And the girl watched his epic entrance, though he did not yet say anything to what looked like the leaders of the gangs. And she would not have time to hear it out anyway, as she suddenly heard several different sounds around her. And upon turning her head around, she discovered yet another group of children that were standing behind her, some of them quite unhappy.

Was she in trouble? Did she maybe do something wrong? She wasn't sure, a rather worried expression forming on her face. It was then that one of the boys reached out to her, making the girl back up into the fence that served as border for the arena, slight hints of tears forming in the corners of those pure white eyes. Strangely enough, that was enough for the boys to jump back as well and quickly apologize. It seemed that Horatio was far too busy with trying to figure out a solution to the problem at hand, so he most likely did not notice... but the girl he was with quickly vanished into the shadows along with the group of boys shortly afterwards. What he did in that arena then, Charlotte did not know, for she was in places unknown where she could not see her partner, and simply just way too busy to go back just yet. She only hoped that he would not get beaten up by the children in the mean time, or get thrown through a window somewhere around here. It took a while, but at some point, one of the boys would return and quickly run into the cage, shouting at one of the demonic kids.

"Boss, you need to see this! This girl showed us something super awesome! She calls them Magcats and says they're super cute, but they're also really scary, just like real maggots! And she also told us that she'll play tag with us, we never played with a girl so pretty! Come on!"

And after that, the whole crowd started storming out of the arena, ignoring whatever Horatio was doing or saying. Yes, all that Charlotte did was actually find some stray magcats nearby and show them to the boys. They quickly fell in love with the abominations, and wold never refuse an offer to play with a pretty girl. Because that was the reason they approached her back there in the first place! Not to hurt her, but to invite her over to play.  Though their idea was probably involving way more violence, so the girl found it appropriate to teach them some new, more fun games that would not consist of the boys beating each other up. Horatio would find her if he were to follow the trail of running children, sitting on the ground with magcats in her arms and all around her, everyone adoring the sight. Hopefully she didn't cause her partner too many problems with this, as he was surely trying his best in the arena to settle the dispute.

Word Count - 886 (3091 total)

Strange
    Strange

Post by Strange 16th January 2017, 10:45 am

It was a most delicate situation that could erupt in violence if they weren't careful. Even though they were kids, they were already laid bare to the darker side of society, to the fact that they were nothing but smaller versions of a world in which they were seen as nothing but thrash. Somewhere they must realize this. They must have hardened and started acting like their examples, the only people with a bit of standing here in these slums, gangs and hooligans. As Horatio and Strange both thought about this they couldn't reach a sensible way of handling things. Horatio wasn't a fan of performing in front of an unappreciative crowd just as Strange wasn't a fan of wasting effort. Their expertise wouldn't be of much use, and that was what got them into a bit of a mental stalemate.

As he drowned himself in these thoughts Charlotte went and got herself into a more favorable position. Without Strange noticing she managed to get more internal with the lads, being more seen as one of them, probably because of her young age. Besides, there weren't many girls around anyways, and the ones that were looked like they were dragged through mud for several hours on end. The stream of kids slowly but steadily leaving the arena as they were apparently interested in something did not go unnoticed by Strange, and he decided to follow them to wherever they might lead him.

As he reached the exit of the arena he saw Charlotte sitting in between a large group of kids, showing them some sort of creature he himself was quite unfamiliar with. And it seemed so were the kids. It was an interesting development, seeing her in their midst like that. He had grown font of Charlotte, Strange seeing her as a partner and Horatio viewing her more like a side-kick. Letting out a sigh of relief he leaned against one of the steal beams that formed the entrance of the arena, and quite of the ordinary both Strange and Horatio came to a consensus.

''''I suppose this isn't my spotlight..''

He muttered these words to himself in agreement, for both he and Strange agreed to this. It was a weird development, but seeing here there in the middle of the group made him remember that there was a time and place for every performance, and this was her's. Maybe, with his guidance, she could grow up to harness that energy of expectations, of the spectators that looked at her with what seemed like awe. His ego and small feelings of jealousy disappeared in light of such thoughts. Now he was only interesting to see how this side-kick of him would develop the performance, how she was planning to solve the dispute, something he lacked the qualities to do so himself.

wordcount: 473 total: 3250
    Charlotte
    Charlotte

Post by Charlotte 16th January 2017, 11:10 am

The creatures really were rather unusual and anyone would be unfamiliar with them. After all, they were not quite from this world. But no one but Seth knew that, not even little Charlotte. She was yet to learn of her power and how great it could be, how much it could do. That it could be the shining beacon for entire civilizations, or that it could drown the entire world in darkness. Power like that, it was only natural that it would be taking effect even when held with very little care. And these magcats, as the girl called them, were result of that, among many different things. It was all yet to be revealed, and Seth liked stories himself. So they did not disclose any of that information, lest they could interrupt the flow of this world on accident. Something even gods did not want to do.

And while the young girl played with the half-cat, half-maggot creatures, she heard the low voice of her partner. Even though she was surrounded by a rather large crowd of muddy children, she was still able to spot her little her nearby. And she would give him the biggest smile she could, filled with positivity, excitement and the purest innocence. The fact that she was able to find stray magcats and even get the attention of all the children made her incredibly happy. At first, she though she would only follow more experienced and shining Horatio until he would effortlessly finish the job and show the girl how the world of magic worked. But she was quite wrong on that end, as she managed to find her own stage, filled with sparkling light. Placing the creature from her lap to the ground, she hopped onto her two feet and extended her hands into the air.

"Let's play tag! Who wants to play tag?" The boys looked around, eyeing one another for a moment. And there was not a single other raised hand or voice for the longest moment. At least until Charlotte moved her hands back down, one of them covering her own mouth, her expression filled with sadness. At that sight, the crowd went quite wild again, everyone suddenly agreeing to playing tag and cheering. Of course, something like that brought the girl's smile back as she swiftly ran over to her partner, letting the boys start without her. "Do you want to join? The more, the merrier as they say!" She even grabbed one of his hands gently, tugging on it with nearly no force at all, yet filled with expectations.

Word count - 431 (3522 total)

Strange
    Strange

Post by Strange 16th January 2017, 4:31 pm

Horatio was quite amazed at the display of charisma Charlotte seemed to effortlessly induce into these young lads. He couldn't help but crack a more gentle smile then he was used to putting up just for show. As he saw the little play unfold it seemed her chosen game of peace was tag. A less violent way of solving things, though physically demanding enough and even physically demanding enough to rope even the oldest of children in. She found a way for them to solve their problems without fighting. Something only seemed a tat odd though. The children that should have hardened because of circumstances actually seemed to suddenly enjoy themselves. Their old rivalries had disappeared, and instead of larger gangs small teams of rag tag friends were joining up to become the best in tag. Of course such groups were a tat devious in a free for all game like tag, but it was a start.

As Horatio watched them Charlotte came towards him, offering a gentle hand so she both gestured and asked him to join the fray. This quickly pulled him out of his train of thought and ignited his passion once more. With a wicked smile and shining eyes Horatio set his steps towards the children, held his cane high and announced;

''BEHOLD LADS AND LASSES ALIKE! I, the magnificent tag magician of the realm of HIDENSEAK have come to grace you in a display of ABSOLUTE TAG DOMINANCE! I'm IT, SO RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!''

All of the kids turned towards the strange man in the dirty suit exclaiming he was the best, and the kids were most definitely up to the challenge. As quickly as they realized what was going on they quickly spread out, running as fast as their legs could carry them. Some brave ones stayed, taunting the self proclaimed king of tag. Horatio of course saw this as a challenge he couldn't refuse, and ran full speed at them. No mercy! He thought to himself as he used all his physical strength available to him.

But as it turned out, these slum children had all the time in the world to exercise and were quite a lot faster than Horatio. Running, jumping, falling and sprinting Horatio just couldn't catch up to them. There was even a point where they were taunting him in a little circle around him. It was quite the pathetic sight, but somewhere, secretly, if taking a closer look an intentional miss here and a wrong jump there would prove Horatio was subconsciously holding back. The kids were all laughing and playing with the oh so great player of tag that would 'beat them', until eventually everyone tired out including Horatio himself. Hell, even Charlotte managed to dodge him a couple of times which put a small dent into his self esteem. Luckily, that was the one resource Horatio had the most of. As the kids gave each other satisfied looks, friendly handshakes and were exchanging information on when to play again and where they lived the children all scattered to return home. It was becoming dark and it seemed these youngsters were smart enough not to hang around the slums during such period.

Horatio signaled Charlotte when he had found the son of the mother who posted the job, and escorted the kid towards his home. It was the usual slum home, worn down, but at least it looked like a house instead of a pile of ruble, which was nice. As the mother opened the door and saw her son covered in only dirt rather than bruises and cuts she knew enough, and gave Charlotte and Horatio a warm smile. Horatio took the privilege to talk to the mother, and after exchanging a pleasant talk the mother rewarded the two as stated on the mission form. After a last thank you and a sudden hug the two parted ways from the mother, with the satisfied feeling they did something good today for these kids, hoping they wouldn't fall back into their own ways. Who knows, maybe they would change the Arena into a playing ground. Horatio's Grand Palace of Tag sounded way better anyways.

wordcount; 699 ( total; 3949 )

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 4:54 pm