Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Another Suggestion by Moi

Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Demon Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1543.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Another Suggestion by Moi Empty Another Suggestion by Moi

Post by Shipping Goddess 7th August 2016, 7:02 am

I can hear the crowds now...

"Ivy's giving another suggestion?! Is this like her third one? What has the world come to? Hell has surely frozen over!"

Yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah. I don't like making suggestions, for all the controversy they bring. However I do like the site, as inactive as I may be on it.

That being said, here's my semi-annual suggestion list.

1: The sheer amount of Rules topics we have.
    This isn't so much a problem as it is just tedious. Especially considering how similar some of the topics are sometimes. As much controversy as they bring with OTHER people, I like the amount of rules we have, it brings law and order. However with that many topics it just becomes tedious to try to find them, then we have people who never read the rules and then rely on asking people.
    How to solve: Make one big topic, or something along the lines of that, and seperate what we know as topics into seperate posts. That way, we can say "look for the post on Combat" rather than asking "Well is it physical combat or magical combat? Is it spell or weapons? Oh thats in this topic. Oh wait its not? DAMNIT!"

2: Guidelines for magics
    Gawd here comes the crowds putting my head on a pike. Now this isnt so much a problem with me as it is with... Like... EVERYONE ELSE!!! I'm pretty obediant, so even though they're "guidelines," per say the rules, anyone who tries to stretch a little past the guidelines gets smacked in the face by the moderater fisticuffs glove. This is a real pain in the bum for other people (again, my magics get approved like 1st-2nd try) and I can honestly see where they are coming from. If I want a D rank spell to be anymore than 15 mps (i believe, havent made D rank spells in a while) I would get completely shut down. What if i want it to be 16, huh? Is ONE more meter gonna break the game? Especially when PvP is DISCOURAGED!
    How to fix: Actually leave the guidelines as guidelines. Let people push their luck a little bit. I'm not saying have a D rank spell deal 3500 damage, but if they wanna double the power of their spell, let 'em given the circumstances are correct. If they want 20 mps instead of 15, let 'em.

3: Legit lack of dragons
    Why do I see like no dragons outside of like 1 or two jobs designed for DSlayers? Seems to make them insignificant, right? I mean, I have a DeSlayer lacrima, and demons are EVERYWHERE. DSlayers just seem so... Bad. When I first joined their seemed to be some invisible rule, that dragons couldn't be pets. However again, it was INVISIBLE. Even wyverns, Dragons' distant cousins, seem to vanish. And I frickin' LOVE wyverns. To be honest, when I restart (yes I'm planning to restart from scratch) I was thinking of making a character similar to a wyvern lord from FE, until I remembered that blasted Invisible Rule.
    How to fix: Get rid of the invisible rule. If it is already gone, then make it known. Dragon Slayers would probably be a bit happier to know they can do stuff other than eat their elemsnt and brag about being a slayer.

4: Lineages
    Can we please get some notice on when Lineages get updated? I was so confused when I found Armored Beast got updated because it was like 80% different from what it used to be. Also, I like the whole "different volumes things" but it is REALLY tedious to look through every topic looking for your lineage. Also, fun fact for those who never thought of it. Everyone with the same lineage are distant cousins. Food for thought and IC stuff.
    How to fix: Make it a bit more known when it gets updated. Perhaps an announcement or something? Also, maybe an Index topic as well, to let us know what volume our lineage is in.

5: Legal, Dark, Independent
    Okay. This has bugged me for quite some time. Legal guilds can do good and only good. Dark guilds can do bad and good if they wanna try to boost their rep or something. Independent guilds can do... Whatever they want. Independent guilds are dark guilds who have been looked at by the MC and said "fine, we won't hunt you down. Step out of line though..." Legal guilds work for the MC, so they gotta do good because of their risk of getting labled dark. Dark guilds... Well they are just hunted by the MC and can do whatever they want. If they wanna be labled Independent, they should do some good. So.
    Why.
    For the love of all things chocolate.
    CANT LEGAL GUILDS BE LABLED INDEPENDENT!!!?
    That whole "instant dark" thing seems WAY too extreme. If the guild has proven their loyalty to the MC and they all have pure hearts and stuff, they can't make one bad deed? Seems effed up! Let's say the MC creates a new law that the guilds don't like, so Fairy Tail (using as an example) says "We'll uphold your other rules, but we ain't following that one" INSTANT DARK! That shouldn't happen. If they still have good intentions, let 'em be Independent.
    How to fix: Simply allow leeway as to what the guild members can do. I'm not saying allow legals to go on killing sprees, but no one has no sins, and no one is a perfect little saint.

6: Canon to the site
    NONONONONO! I had my head on a pike once, it will NOT happen again! What i mean by this is, do other universes entertwine with our own. Lemme explain:
    A while ago I had a glorious idea for a magic, a magic based on summoning different characters and enemies from the final fantasy series. (I still do, I wanna summon Bahamut SIN and be a frickin' OG) However during my period of extreme inactivity, I realized how quickly that was accepted by the people of the cb, including a couple mods and (if i remember correctly) like 1 admin. I thought to myself "summoning people from another universe completely seperate from FT (yes i know this is seperate from the anime/manga, i meant the site FT) just got accepted like it was nothing. Is it really that easy?" and i honestly wanna know. If someone wants to pull an FE and say "I'm a decendant of Marth" and flick his/her deep blue hair and show off Falchion... Would that be OK? I've seen magics based on other shows and video games, sometimes downright copied from 'em, but technically I've never ACTUALLY seen that character/characters IC. Would that work?
    How to fix: Allow me to summon Cloud Strife and Bahamut SIN so you could bow before my might... But seriously, just answer a yes or no. Does other stuff entertwine with the site?

And that's my two cents. I'll likely do another suggestion in another six to nine months, but until then I'll just watch over the arguments going on in the suggestion forums like I always do. Until then *sees Chelsea's head on a pike and starts dying of laughter again* See ya.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Another Suggestion by Moi M7mHyEw
    Another Suggestion by Moi CKWpl03
    Eris
    Eris

Lich of hell

Lich of hell

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Horseman- 11 Sinner- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Player 
    Lineage : Devil's Conquest
    Position : None
    Guild : Grim Heresy [GM]
    Cosmic Coins : 5
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sunset Eclipse - The Sandstorm GS
    Second Skill: Titan Eclipse • Devil Pact
    Third Skill:

Another Suggestion by Moi Empty Re: Another Suggestion by Moi

Post by Eris 7th August 2016, 10:41 am

Kissos wrote:

4: Lineages
    Can we please get some notice on when Lineages get updated? I was so confused when I found Armored Beast got updated because it was like 80% different from what it used to be. Also, I like the whole "different volumes things" but it is REALLY tedious to look through every topic looking for your lineage. Also, fun fact for those who never thought of it. Everyone with the same lineage are distant cousins. Food for thought and IC stuff.
    How to fix: Make it a bit more known when it gets updated. Perhaps an announcement or something? Also, maybe an Index topic as well, to let us know what volume our lineage is in.

I was so incredibly disappointed to see that someone had without apparent notice gone through and crippled lots of lineages with absurd rules and imposed limits on top of limits on top of reductions,   while some were unchanged and a only a few were improved.  

Phoenix Fire for example was one of the best lineages.   Then out of the blue I look at it and suddenly it's trash tier.   It wouldn't be so horrible if it weren't for the ridiculous limits like "You can only use this for this many posts before this much of a cooldown AAAAND this many times per topic".   Like holy geeze pound it into the ground why don't you,  for a really basic and simple effect that should be passive.   Like doing very basic unarmed damage at range.   Which you could already do and much more using a UA or outright deal full spell damage using a Signature spell,  or physical + boosted damage (And even + Spell damage) using a weapon.

Things like this really drag the lineages down into uselessness while Custom Lineages seem several times more versatile and potent than they were originally.   WHICH IS GOOD, and FUN,  it's just that the normal lineages just keep getting dirt piled on their head.

As for the dragons thing,   that's something that anyone can fix ideally by making new jobs.   Problem I feel is that custom jobs are criticized too harshly and unnecessarily,  if they get looked at at all or not dismissed outright.  Then there's little variation allowed in rewards it seems or much in the way of options to tweak difficulty vs reward other than rank of the job.  Shorter jobs with higher difficulties should be a thing.   Jobs rewarding various unique benefits should be a thing.    

Some sort of incentive to make jobs should be a thing.    There was the job creation event where you were given like a penny per job you made,  I remember laughing at the tiny rewards as I kept making jobs anyway around that time and not bothering to submit them I believe.  (Or maybe I just missed the event and randomly decided to make jobs before realizing it was there after it was already almost over).    Heck you could even offer 50% of the job rank's standard jewel reward,  decreasing per rank of the job to even the jewels out a little but not hugely

Then maybe we'd see more than the same few jobs being repeated over and over again,  as more job opportunities fill the boards.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Another Suggestion by Moi NvVyM98

Another Suggestion by Moi CkggyrF

Deception | Despair | Domination
    H 1 S 7 A 7+1 B 8+1 C 9 D 11
    d a m n a t i o n

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 4:06 am