Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap

Poll

Do you think this is a good idea?

[ 2 ]
    Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap I_vote_lcap40%Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap I_vote_rcap [40%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap I_vote_lcap0%Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap I_vote_lcap40%Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap I_vote_rcap [40%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap I_vote_lcap20%Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap I_vote_rcap [20%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Poll closed
    美空
    美空

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Spirit
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Noir Yukihide
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Sleet Make Magic
    Second Magic: N/A
    Third Magic:

Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap Empty Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap

Post by 美空 8th June 2014, 9:40 am

I've noticed that the gap for the exp it takes to reach each rank is extremely spread out to a ridiculous degree. Like for example, from d to c is only 150 exp whereas c to b is a whole whopping 750 exp. Not to mention the gap from b to A rank and etc. These gaps i think make it take a person forever to reach the rank they desire making it near impossible to reach S or H. Now, i know what you're most likely thinking 'Its supposed to be that way.' But listen, I'm not saying we make it super easy for people to achieve two of the highest ranks on the site, then we would have a bunch of S and H ranks running around, and everyone would pretty much be completely op and the site would have no balance in ranks. What my suggestion is, we just make the required exp for each rank just a little closer to each other, close the gap a bit. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person here who feels this way either. I think if we did that, we would have members become more active because it would motivate them to take on more jobs and rp more. I think that closing that gap, even just a little would make FTRP a better place. Please feel free to tell me what you think. ^^

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap GCzjPyX

Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap 1nfPGxr

*~Character~* l *~Magic~* l *~Pet~*

~Misora's Character Themes~:

Grizzly
    Grizzly

Planeswalker

Planeswalker

X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Vulcan
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 135

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Barrier Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap Empty Re: Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap

Post by Grizzly 8th June 2014, 9:45 am

I've only read the first sentence and already disagree. I'm sorry, but calculate it through. We've introduced double exp jobs, lacrima milk, team and guild boni and donators can even stack exp multipliers. We have enough help on the site to close the exp gaps. The exp gap might seem big, but if you take a closer look and check up on the numbers, it's not that frightening at all. From C Rank it can potentially FOUR MISSIONS up to S Rank. The whole "I'll never make it to S Rank" is bs in my eyes. It's possible, but yes, of course, it takes time and consistent rping.

Cheers ~

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lyserg - Grizz - Sinbad

Character
    美空
    美空

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Spirit
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Mentor : Noir Yukihide
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Sleet Make Magic
    Second Magic: N/A
    Third Magic:

Post by 美空 8th June 2014, 9:51 am

well that is true enough however, not everyone on the site is rich or donors. So many people can't afford lacrima milks nor can they donate to get said exp multipliers

Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap GCzjPyX

Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap 1nfPGxr

*~Character~* l *~Magic~* l *~Pet~*

~Misora's Character Themes~:

Grizzly
    Grizzly

Planeswalker

Planeswalker

X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Vulcan
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 135

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Barrier Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Grizzly 8th June 2014, 9:58 am

I've done the calculation without being a donator. And it can potentially take exactly 10 missions to achieve S Rank. If you want a list of what missions you need to do and how you need to do them, feel free to ask me. But it's not hard, and I'm saying this as a non-donator.

Lyserg - Grizz - Sinbad

Character
    Janneline Ariel
    Janneline Ariel

Quality Badge Level 1- Coming Storms- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Malefic Illusions
    Guild : Savage Skull
    Cosmic Coins : 6
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Magic: ЯɛǪʋιρ; Ƭнɛ Ɖιʌιиιтʏ
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Janneline Ariel 8th June 2014, 10:16 am

The gap from B to A ain't that big .-. If you complete three A Ranks, you can achieve it. That's it. Same thing goes for C to B. You do 4-5 B Ranked, or The Hunter with a team, and there .-.

And I sincerely think those gaps should be there, because if not, everyone around would be H (or S) .-.

The demons told me everything they whisper in the night.

Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap 3lpUorN

Janneline Ariel // Requiem of Reality
    Samus Aran
    Samus Aran

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 1- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Daughter of the Almighty
    Guild : Eclipse Soul
    Mentor : Morgana (Demon Slayer) Jyuubei (Swordsmanship)
    Experience : 80,050

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Venom Demon Slayer
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Samus Aran 8th June 2014, 10:47 am

Personally, I don't see the problem with how the rank exp is set up now. I have had little to no problem getting to A, and I'm sure that there are others who have ranked to B already with little to no problems themselves. Im almost to S myself, and it only took me about 4 jobs after I got to C-rank. There are ways to do it without donating, and without lacrima milk (I got to A without spending a single jewel on lacrima milks or exp bonuses.) Decayuss (A fellow ES member) has made it to B rank doing nothing but solo missions, without bonuses as well.

Does it require a lot of time and dedication? Yes? Can it be tedious? Yeah, kinda. But if you work towards it then it will all be worth it. With the double exp missions and other free things you get to help you on your way (limiters~), it seems fine the way it is now.

Suggestion: Closing the EXP Gap Tumblr_minephQ2G81r37arko2_500
    Sephiria's Themes:

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 7:17 pm