Name: Mina Wisely
Age: Physical Body: Looks 15, Soul Age: At least 25
Sexuality: She’s a doll…does it really matter
Entire body is a life size wooden doll that houses her human soul. Since she is a doll she doesn’t require sleep (but still sleeps from time to time when she has too on moonless nights) and feels no physical emotions but her soul maintains the emotions of a normal person. For example she can’t produce tears but she can still cry.
There come specific hardships when one’s body isn’t real. Due to these hardships Mina has forced herself to be self-sufficient and rarely if ever rely on others to help her on her journey through the world. Because of this she’s put together sort of an arrogant attitude when it comes to large groups and prefers to avoid them at all costs. To avoid large groups she’ll enter towns either in the early mornings just as shops are opening or the late evenings just before they close just as people are dispersing from popular areas. Since she employs this tactic and doesn’t sleep due to her body she travels at night making people sometimes mistake her for being a ghost.
She has a soft heart however when it comes to children and will go out of her way to help any that is in need. She figures that it’s her childlike figure that helps the children not to be afraid of her but something deep down tells her that something in her history that she can’t remember is the reason for her caring, especially for those children who are homeless or running away from their families.
Over the years Mina’s come to terms with being as close to an empty human vessel as one could possibly get. Still it doesn’t mean she appreciates it when people look at her and take pity on her because of the situation. She’s determined to do everything she can on her own without the aid of others and at times when it calls for other’s help she becomes embarrassed and ashamed because of her ego. Its not that she doesn’t want to rely on others but more of the fact that she doesn’t want people to help her because of what she is. She’s looking for that one friend that will help her out just because they want to. She does have a human soul after all.
Being a loner doesn’t really help when it comes to fighting as a team. She wants to be the one that controls the fight and not the one that is told what to do. So in retrospect she is a horrible teammate and follower but could potentially be an excellent leader. However with no experience at teamwork and social skills she has a long ways to go before she could potentially take on the role of leader. She prefers to take on jobs alone when she can but is still open to working alongside no more than two other people if she can avoid it. It’s really her lack of the ability to trust her teammates that hurts her the most when it comes to fighting in a group.
Mina prefers to avoid fights at close range whenever possible but she has honed her magic to allow her to fight hand to hand if need be. Although she is just a soul in a fake body it still takes a significant time for her magic to repair the fragile body and if the doll is destroyed beyond repair she must leave and find a new host for her soul until she can find the time to recreate the doll.
• Full Moons: Some of Mina’s earliest memories involve staring up into the full moon as if it energized her and soothed her soul. One of the main reasons why she travels at night is because she feels like the moonlight provides her a safety net for her trapped soul.
• Traveling: The ability of not having to sleep or eat means that there’s more time to wonder about and see the sights. Some of Mina’s favorite spots involve hot springs. She doesn’t understand why but hot springs are a few of the world’s items that she can feel with her soul.
• Snow: Of all the weather in the world there is nothing that Mina likes more than snow. It’s soft on her joints and makes her soul jump for joy whenever she sees it. Her first memory that she managed to recover when she woke up 25 years ago was a time when she was playing in the snow in the mountains.
• Large Crowds: Large groups of people make Mina very uncomfortable. The amount of strange looks that she gets increases with the more people as they seem to be uncomfortable with the fact that a doll is walking among them.
• Food: Mina still has the capacity to smell foods but her body can’t eat any. This fact drives her nuts as some of her memories involve the smells and taste of some of the finest foods available. Each little bit of food she sees others eating just causes her to get even more depressed.
• Fires: Mina doesn’t like fires. It burns and destroys coupled with the fact that she’s made of wood, Mina goes out of her way to avoid any kind of fire related item and even fireflies (they simply freak her out cause of “fire”)
• Recovery of who she is: Mina is always on the lookout of finding out exactly who she is. When she woke up she had no memory and all that was on her was a locket with a black and white photo of a young girl and the initials MW written on the back of the locket and an old gold ring with a shielded crest on the inside of the band.
• Becoming Human once more: Having the emotions and memories of a normal human girl makes Mina wish that she was actually human once more. She’s always on the lookout on her travels of finding ways to make this happen.
• Friendship: Although she hates large groups of people she still longs for some sort of companionship. She wants just one friend that doesn’t take pity on her because of her “condition”.
• Losing Control: There have been times where Mina lost control of her power and nearly lost her soul in the process. Even though each day she trains there’s always that small skepticism in the back of her mind of it happening again.
• Termites: What greater fear for a wooden person is there than a bug that is meant to eat wood.
• Pure Darkness: Although she prefers to move at night the light of the moon gives her comfort to be able to sustain through the night. However on those days of the new moon her soul goes into a state of shock making it so that she can’t move whatsoever. These are the only days where she will risk going into town during the day to maintain a safe environment.
- Everyday Form:
- Spirit Form:
Height: 5’ 0”
Weight: 115 lbs
Hair: White, body length split into spiral bunches, horse-tail texture
Skin Tone: Pale White
Everyday Form: Mina wears heavy, purple and white, Victorian Era dress with heart shaped patterns across the middle and lower half of the dress that hides her fragile wooden body. In her hair is a large violet bow that stretches down to her shoulders back. Her hair, made of horse-tail thread, is feet length and matches the same color white as her dress. Only her hands and eyes give away the fact that she is a puppet as her hands maintain the joint like structure otherwise the rest of the body is hidden by the dress. At 5’0” she’s not very tall and her body looks like that of a 15 year old even though Mina knows that she is at least 25 years old.
Spirit Form: In her spirit form she takes on the shape and face of the person whose picture is inside of her golden locket as this is what she believes is who she truly is. The form is a transparent white, much like that of a ghost, and is nearly visible all the way through the body by the naked eye. She can adjust this image however she feels and can make it seem as if she is wearing clothes as well but they too are in the ghostly form. This form is close to 5’7” making her taller then the doll and the facial and body structure makes her look closer to the age of 25. When in this form she leaves behind her a transparent energy trail that tethers her to the crystal ball that houses her soul and magic inside the doll body making it impossible for Mina to travel very far from the body. While in this form she can’t touch or pick up anything except for water and she can feel the temperature in the environment such as heat or cold.
Last edited by Claymore on 26th December 2015, 3:02 pm; edited 2 times in total