Shirokawa Itori (白い皮意肚裏)
Kitsune features: fox ears, slitted pupils, sharp fangs, sharp nails, vermilion eyes, fox tails (one at D-Rank, additional two for each Rank above that), silver-white hair.
Itori has a polite and somewhat dignified manner of speaking, using highly cultured terms and addressing everyone with respect. Most likely this is a side of result of her impressive age, which has resulted in her having a lot of time to learn many languages and feeling no need to rush herself by using simpler terms. That said she most certainly doesn't act snobbish: she never looks down her nose at others, she will always tries to make people feel appreciated and noticed, and almost always takes a more deferential position. That said she will gently remind people that one tends to get better results when interacting with others when you treat them with respect and kindness, and if facing an insulting or degrading attitude she will question what she or others have done to deserve such a blatant lack of respect.
Her voice is always soft and lyrical, a voice suited for singing and soothing. Even when Itori is suppressing the power of her voice to keep it from enchanting the people around her it is still a beautiful voice that many would almost certainly love to keep listening to, and thanks to Itori's habit of speaking slowly and with cultured terms there's plenty of opportunity to listen to her whenever she's around. Even more fortunately Itori is well known for her habit of humming and singing to herself whenever she's happy and busy with her own hobbies, often singing songs of languages far away or long lost. One could suspect that Itori has spent a long time culturing her voice, habits and manner of speech to be as appealing and calming as possible, soothing the sad and the angry and catching the attention of many.
Like with her speech the rest of Itori's behaviour is similar: both cultured, polite and friendly, almost certainly intentionally developed to help feel anyone at ease in her presence, soothe those whose emotions are running strong and making everyone she interacts with feel appreciated and acknowledged. Through her many, many years she has encountered many cultures and traditions, and while she only uses culture specific habits if she feels like it'd be appreciated she does always show habits which are almost universally considered respectful and belonging to an intelligent but kind person, someone who wants to treat everyone with kindness and who would be shocked at the idea of being intentionally insulting.
If not busy with her own hobbies or duties she tends to look after others regardless of whether she was asked or not, only relenting if someone makes it clear to her that they do not need or wish for her aid. One might think that someone who has lived so long would prefer to leave the menial tasks to others, but since Itori does not actually consider herself of a higher position than those around her she dutifully and without any sign of annoyance or irritation does the housework and helps others out when they need help. Wherever Itori happens to be staying at the moment she has a tendency to always end up doing chores or housework, simply because someone has to do it and she has no qualms about doing such simple yet fulfilling work. That doesn't mean that she can't enjoy her free time, but usually her free time only occurs after her current resident has been completely cleaned, repaired and otherwise taken care of. If someone were to ask Itori why she seems to be so dedicated to making sure everything is taken care of she'd explain that once you've lived a long life you become better at appreciating the little things, and if she can take care of the small tasks with less frustration than others there's no reason not to step up.
That said Itori's personality is not solely politeness and kindness. It takes a lot to push her that far, but when someone or something really angers her or earns her explicit dislike she becomes cold, her eyes losing their usual warmth as she instead gets a more calculating and focused gaze. She will still speak and behave with politeness, but her words can have an edge to them and one should not expect her to be as forgiving of intentionally abrasive behaviour as she otherwise would be. Even then she will strive to be a good example by refraining from provocative or demeaning behaviour, but she won't hide the fact that so far as she concerned something is wrong, and that she doesn't approve of it. She will quickly return to her usual warm demeanour when the issue is resolved, but for as long as it lasts she can be quite unsettling, especially when she displays an unusual amount of cunning.
When it comes to combat Itori tends to become very silent, showing herself to be a very solemn and focused fighter as she doesn't waste any time with idle conversation or playing around. Like many other swordsmen and swordswomen she believes that a sword is a weapon that must be wielded with extreme care and calm: emotions and recklessness have no place in her fighting style. If she has been pushed to fighting that means that there's no reason for her to delay or hold back, and she will do her best to swiftly and if possible with as little pain as possible eliminate whatever her target happens to be, her fighting style one of grace and precision. It can be considered curious that Itori behaves so much like someone dedicated to the way of the sword when it comes to straight up combat: even if another Kitsune were forced to fight one on one without trickery or deception they'd probably still prefer using more magic, staying at a distance or relying on blitzing speed and nimbleness. Itori's style is based off of her believe that combat is not something to be enjoyed, and she just wants to minimize collateral damage as much as possible while also finishing the fight as quickly as possible so she can put it behind her.
That said, this is only if Itori is forced into a straightforward fight. If possible Itori will always do her best to avoid combat, either diplomatically or through clever thinking. She has a strong dislike for bloodshed and violence, and thus will only resort to that if she feels like there's no other option left for her. Her first approach is almost always to try and resolve any conflicts peacefully: if for one reason or another diplomacy is impossible she'll resort to trickery and deception, possibly even blackmail if more amiable methods are not bearing any fruit. With illusions, wit and whatever other weapons are available she'll behave more like a special ops than your usual kind of warrior. For Itori the blade is most definitely the last resort, no matter how much training and practice she has put into refining her skills with it.
While Itori has plenty of dignity if one looks at her behaviour she has little issue with making sacrifices if she believes that is the best option for achieving what she wants. While her objectives are almost always beneficial for whatever group she is aligned with or even more than just that group she has little hesitation in using feminine charm, deception, bribery, blackmail, intimidating or whatever else happens to be necessary. She has never outright admitted it, but those who know her probably wouldn't be surprised if they ever learned that in the past she has even offered her body to achieve a particularly difficult objective. That said she has strong reservations for sacrificing others: she doesn't mind using everything she has, but she would only ever use anyone else if they agree to it or she can't think of any other way to solve the issue at hand. In fact it's quite possible that Itori would prefer to resort to violence rather than sacrifice her allies.
If pushed into the position of leader Itori will focus on making sure all of those under her command come out of combat alive, preferring defensive and careful strategies. Considering how much respect she shows everyone being put into command means that she has the responsibility of making sure everyone under her command comes back home alive, because if any of them were to die she'd have failed not only them, but everyone who entrusted her with the burden of command. Like when fighting on her own she'll prefer to avoid combat, trying to figure out what abilities her allies have to see what kind of plan she'd be able to think up that would minimize the amount of violence necessary and so far as possible also minimize the losses on both sides. Being a Kitsune she is quite cunning and good at thinking of clever plans, especially plans which rely on being sneaky and tricky. That said Itori doesn't like being the one in command, as she feels like there are almost always others more suited for command while she is more suited for doing work behind the scenes, fulfilling duties both small but significant and important but difficult.
When working under someone else's command Itori's behaviour is pretty much the same as her behaviour outside of combat: she'll show proper respect, she'll listen but also give her own suggestions when she feels it's necessary and proper, and she'll obey whatever commands she's given unless she's given strong reason to belief that the commands are too detrimental to the chances of success or the well being of her allies. While she will show respect to anyone who is assigned as her boss she'll prefer it if it's someone who she knows is competent, and she will always show support for plans which keep herself and allies safe and those who implement plans like that. Considering that her skill set is more suited for non-combat duties she also will make sure to express her gratitude when the one in command recognizes that and gives her a mission which suits her talents well.
Aside from all the human characteristics Itori also possesses a handful of more vulpine traits: while she disapproves of blatant disrespect she can't help but appreciate it if someone manages to trick someone else in a friendly and harmless manner. Beyond that she will admit that she prefers the clever and the cunning over the strong and the tough, believing that those who can use their head are capable of doing more things than those who just overcome challenges with brute strength or endurance (the latter being somewhat ironic since Itori has quite a large amount of stamina herself). There's also the fact that her ears and tails tend to help show what kind of mood she's in, and that sometimes if one pays attention those foxy features of hers can be used to gauge her actual feelings even when she still shows her usual mannerisms.
- Singing: Itori loves to sing or hum, allowing her lyrical voice to fill the air and brighten the hearts of those around her. Even when alone she'll often be humming, one of the clearest signs of her being in a good mood.
- Helping: Itori seems to not only think that she should help because she's suited for it: she actually seems to just like helping other and making sure that they're all right, giving advice or giving them a hand when they're struggling. She feels like everyone needs to overcome challenges to grow, but sometimes a challenge can be made more fair.
- Food: if there is one sin Itori undeniable has, it's that she's a glutton. Fortunately she realized this and made sure she wouldn't constantly end up eating other people's food by becoming a very good cook, but there's still the fact that people should really wonder why she never gets fat with the raw amount of food that she consumes on a daily basis.
- The unmannered: Itori is warm and kind to everybody who deserves it, but somebody who think that they can take advantage of her tendency to help everybody will very quickly get on her list of people that she won't be as friendly towards.
- Bad food: as much as a glutton as Itori is, she really does not like spoiled, rotten, or just plain low quality food. That is one of the main reasons why she became a cook besides just the desire to be able to prepare her own food and that of others: she wanted to make sure that the food would be of good quality.
- Fighting: Itori is not a fan of fighting. She recognizes it as a way to achieve something when other methods are unavailable or ineffective, but she wouldn't ever fight purely for the sake of fighting.
- Learn more cooking: the one thing Itori does which has as main benefactor herself, she really does want to improve as a cook and learn new recipes. Of course she would also share her improved cooking with others, but she doubts many others would appreciate it as much as she herself does.
- Finding a mate: while she doesn't currently really put a lot of focus into it, Itori does actually want to have a mate, if only because she already has lived for over 7806 years without ever having had one (at least, one that she actually settled down with and had children with).
- Growth: while a somewhat minor motivation Itori does want to become a nine tails, so if an opportunity presents itself for her to grow and maybe gain additional tails she'll definitely take it.
- Helping: Itori wants to see others develop and mature, both individuals as well as groups and even nations. With as long a history as her own she likes seeing things improve, seeing people live happy lives and nations prosper. She'll do her best to help with that so far as she is able.
- Famine: being the glutton that she is Itori does truly love good food, so even though she can actually survive for quite a long period of time with minimal food she truly dreads those times, and whenever possible will stock up on as much food as possible.
- Discrimination: Itori has lived a long life, and while many people were kind and accepting she has had her fair share of people who weren't too happy about dealing with a Kitsune. She would rather deal with it as little as possible.
- Corruption: Itori does her best to be a good person, she likes helping others and she likes seeing them happy. She's surprisingly ethical for a member of a species known for their trickery and deception. But at the same time she's afraid that being alive for so long might cause her to slowly lose respect for those with normal lifespans. She doesn't want to become disdainful or even playfully cruel.
5'10” (177 cm)
121 lbs (55 kg)
White, and most of it is cut short so it reaches down to her shoulders but not much further. The hair hanging down her forehead reaches to above and between her eyes. The longest part of her hair is the two long bangs framing her face.
Itori is a tall and graceful Kitsune woman, with decent curves (although not too amazing) but very refined features. She has a beauty suitable for a noble or a high class servant, albeit a young and athletic one, with delicate hands and feet. That said her fox features and her silvery-white hair stand out a lot, which can throw people a bit off guard if they aren't used to non-humans (her vermilion eyes can also be somewhat disconcerting to the unprepared).
Vermilion, top of left forearm
Last edited by Itori on 29th July 2017, 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total