Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Finding That Book {Job}

Fair
    Fair

Aurofortis

Aurofortis

Moderator- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- A-Rank- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Monkey King's Descent
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 2
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,050

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Heavenly Body Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Private Finding That Book {Job}

Post by Fair 26th February 2015, 8:39 am

Job: Find This Book!
    Player Requirements: Single or team. 2 D rank mage max for team. 10 post minimum and 170 words per post.
    Job Requirements:- Go to the Library and find the book
    - Do not destroy anything, especially books
    - Do not harm anyone
    - Retrieve the book and borrow it from the library before giving it to the old lady
    Job Location: Peace Village
    Job Description: "There is an old lady who enjoys reading a lot when she was younger who wanted to read a certain book that is used to be her favourite. Too bad the book is out of print and it is not being sold anymore. The only place that the book could be found is in a library but she is too old to go out on her own. She would ask help but most of the people she knew are too busy. So the old lady decides to make this a request for anyone willing to help her find this book in the library.”

HELP INFO:
    - You can make up the name of the book as long as it is not common and a rare book
    - The library that has the book would be in trouble
    - The library was pranked by some kids who decided to rearrange the books in the library so that it would be hard to find anything.
    - The book is somewhere in the library and it is hard to find it
    - If the book is about to be found, some of the kids would be there to grab it and run off with it.
    - The kid is just having fun and would give the book if they are scolded.

Enemies: None
    Reward: 750 Jewels each

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Lovely. I’m taking this,” Tracy told herself as she snatched her first ever job to take. She bought a train ticket to the town closest to the job location, known as Peace Village. The white haired mage sat silently on the packed train. There was a soft, violin piece playing on the vehicle. It was coming out from the small black KEF speakers installed in almost every corner of the train, she noticed. It was a lovely piece and Tracy found herself enjoying every bit of it. It sounded quite familiar though. Something she would hear on the radio in the morning. Maybe she was mistaken. Tracy looked out the window. Apparently she decided to seat herself near the window. They were passing by a meadow now, mountains in the back that appeared as purple silhouettes. The train came to a stop and Tracy was the first to exit the vehicle. She took a few steps until she found a board that had the map of this town pasted on it. Observing the route to Peace Village, Tracy started her walk to the village.
    Fair
    Fair

Aurofortis

Aurofortis

Moderator- Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Guild Master- A-Rank- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Have an Admin as a friend!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Private Re: Finding That Book {Job}

Post by Fair 27th February 2015, 8:04 am

A few hours later, the white-haired mage had reached the village she was to execute the mission. She was requested to find a book for an old lady at the library who could go out herself due to her old age. That was reasonable. Even though Tracy was not the biggest fan of helping people around, she would do this just for money. It was her first ever mission as a freelancing mage in Fiore. She wanted to make sure she did it right. Checking the address on the paper, Tracy entered the old lady’s humble abode. She was making tea in the back. Noticing that she had a guest, the old lady poured two cups of tea and brought them to the living. Tracy took that as her cue to take a seat and planted her butt on the rattan mat. While the grandma placed the cup of tea that was meant for Tracy in front of her, she gave her a warm greeting to which the white haired mage nodded and took a sip of the soothing tea, mimicking the old lady.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Fair
    Fair

Aurofortis

Aurofortis

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Fair 27th February 2015, 8:11 am

"I guess you are here to find me that book? Well, since I am sure you would not like to wait and waste time here, I'll give you the details," the frail old lady said, fishing out a card under the mat. She scratched her graying hair with the nails on her left hand while studying the card before handing it out to Tracy who took it and observed it. "The book is called Naga of the West. I hope you won't have any troubles looking for it. Once you find it, come back and I will reward you in return for the book." Her voice got shakier the more she talked and therefore Tracy nodded vigorously to stop her from speaking too much. Emptying her teacup, the white haired mage left for the library. Once she got there, she noticed there were laughing kids running all over the place. The girl at the counter looked extremely pissed. Noticing the evil glare on Tracy's face, one of the kids stopped laughing and went deeper into the library.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Fair
    Fair

Aurofortis

Aurofortis

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Fair 27th February 2015, 8:18 am

"Good day, miss. I'm looking for this book called Naga of the West which is very rare. Might you be able to find it for me?" Tracy asked, making sure she sounded polite as fuck.

"I'm sorry, lady, but these kids! They have rearranged all the books on the shelves! Now we can't look for books by genre because all the books are no longer in place. I'm very sorry," the girl said, shaking her head in disappointment. Tracy nodded and turned to face the little pests. Hopefully, she would be able to find the book herself. Thanking the girl, Tracy headed to the shelves, looking through every single section. The girl was right. There were Adventure book in the Romance section and Fantasy books in the Non-fiction section. The kids were already on her nerves. They were still hopping around, making fun of the old books. She actually saw one of the kids throw a book at the girl. Tracy was infuriated. Who the hell did these kids think they were? But she forced herself to remain calm and focus on her job. The kids were none of her business.

Fair
    Fair

Aurofortis

Aurofortis

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Fair 27th February 2015, 8:24 am

Apparently this section of the shelves were not too messed up like the others. She fingered through the books, looking carefully at the titles. They all appeared really old and looked like precious pieces of literature. Tracy made sure she didn't destroy any of the books because they were so old she had a feeling too much touching will destroy them. After about fifteen minutes of browsing through that section, Tracy strode out to enter a different section. Sadly, it did not contain the book she was looking for. It seemed the book hunt was going to take longer than it was supposed to. Tracy tucked a strand of silky white hair behind her left ear as it was getting in her sight. Another section full of books of different genres. Seriously, she was getting sick of this bullshit. Tracy had an idea. This was going to be way more easier than doing it the way she was doing it now. She turned to the kids with an evil smirk about her face. Fortunately, she grabbed the attention of all the tiny wild things who were now staring at her in horror.

Fair
    Fair

Aurofortis

Aurofortis

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Fair 27th February 2015, 8:31 am

"Alright you little dumbfucks, this is your lucky day. Come stand in line right here or I'm sending you all to the local police station for vandalizing the village's library," Tracy said. Of course the word 'police station' caused all the kids to show this shocked expression. They all rushed to get in line. The girl at the counter stared at Tracy in disbelief. Once the kids were in line, Tracy counted how many there were - the result being eight. There were twelve sixteen shelves in the library. Perfect. "Now, forget about that police station thingy. I'm sure y'all don't wanna end up there, yeah? So here's what you're going to do. Each one of you is going to look through two sections of the library. First person in line will take the two furthest shelves to the right and the second person will take the two following shelves and so on. You're all going to look for this book called Naga of the West, make sure you get it right. You have half an hour. Go," Tracy ordered and took a seat at a black cushion next to the counter. She asked the girl if she could have a coffee to which the girl nodded and went into a room she didn't notice, bringing with her a blue mug with coffee. "Thanks."

Fair
    Fair

Aurofortis

Aurofortis

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Fair 27th February 2015, 8:39 am

Tracy sipped the coffee that was brought to her by the nice lady. "You know what, this coffee tastes real good. Did you make this yourself?" Tracy sat like a slave driver, watching the kids search through their respective sections in a hurry.

"Thank you and yes, I did brew it myself. My grandfather used to own a coffee shop, but the day he died was the day it collapsed. I learnt how to make good coffee from him and I serve coffee to regulars here," the girl explained. "By the way, I'm really surprised you can keep these kids occupied and fearful. Usually they don't care what anyone says."

"Yeah. Who do they even think they are? They're just kids. They should fear their elders. This is my lesson for them," Tracy said, gulping the rest of the coffee down her throat though it was still kind of warm.

It was exactly half an hour she ordered them to search for it. Right when she was about to announce that their time was up and it was time for punishment, a kid with brown curly hair yelled in excitement. "I FOUND IT. NAGA OF THE WEST."

Fair
    Fair

Aurofortis

Aurofortis

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Fair 27th February 2015, 7:48 pm

"Good job, kid. Now thanks to this little fucker every one of you is saved from being sent to the police station," Tracy announced. No fucks were given whatsoever that the children might start mimicking her and spitting bad words at people. However one of the stupid little things decided to snatch the book and run from her. Tracy hated how these kids were trying to make fun of her, strode to the kid who was now stuck in a corner and pinched his ear. He returned in the book in fear. She then grabbed the book and borrowed it. The girl at the counter allowed her to take it for one week. The old lady would have to hire someone else to return it for her. Tracy's job was done after getting the book to her. The book looked like it could transform into a pile of dust at one rough touch so Tracy did her best to hold it like the fragile thing it was. She told the kids, "While I'm not around, I'll have an invisible spy looking after y'all, alright? So you better behave or you're going to motherfucking children's prison."

Fair
    Fair

Aurofortis

Aurofortis

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Fair 28th February 2015, 12:58 pm

After the false warning, Tracy was out of the library and on her way back to the old lady's house. She was walking the way she did on her way to the library. People on the dirt streets stared at her. Of course she was an unusual sight for these villagers who, by guessing, did not get too many alien like visitors. What made Tracy look alien was the glowing crescent on her forehead (which did not glow in the dark, however), her eye marks and those glow in the dark, lavender eyes. When Tracy noticed someone staring at her, she would glare back, making them feel slightly fearful towards her and avert their gazes elsewhere. After a walk of around ten or fifteen minutes, a period of time she could not specify since she did not have a watch with her or was not counting the minutes, Tracy was at the old lady's doorstep. She was greeted warmly as usual by the bending spinster. She had a grin about her wrinkly face, knowing that Tracy has succeeded in her finishing the job. "Come in, my dear!"

Fair
    Fair

Aurofortis

Aurofortis

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Fair 28th February 2015, 1:10 pm

"So! How did it go?" the old lady wanted to know. They began to have a conversation about the library incident, the old lady commenting on the behavior of the kids and how unruly they were because their parents did not really care where they were or what they were doing. So basically, they were free to do whatever the fuck they wanted. Tracy nodded, telling her that it was very important for the parents to look after their kids carefully because usually, kids' behavior depended on the way their parents treated them or looked after them. "Well, here's your book, ma'am," Tracy said, handing the ancient treasure to the old lady who was more than delighted to see her lovely book successfully discovered in a day. Tracy was glad that she helped the grandma and succeeded in completing the job. That money. Ooh that reward, it's hers now. As expected, the old lady rewarded her and she left, telling the her to read the book carefully since she had to look for it by going through what seemed like hell.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 4:39 pm