Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

New User Guide Clarity

Ran
    Ran

Player 
    Lineage : Kingdom of the Dead
    Position : None
    Guild : Abyssal Fleet
    Cosmic Coins : 11
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,131,511

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

New User Guide Clarity Empty New User Guide Clarity

Post by Ran 26th July 2020, 4:58 pm

So there's two New User Guides that I've seen around!
    - under Archived Magics, I'm gonna call it One
    - under General Rules that I'm gonna call Two

I'm guessing the original (it's an older topic) was number One, either way, the link at the top of the site (with Patch Notes and Guild Information), under the Quicklinks, and in the PM you get upon joining the site (and maybe other places idk) link to One, which has outdated links for things like job sign ups and job endings

Just wanted to suggest maybe for them to be changed to the link for Two cause I know it can cause a little confusion with them linking to the old guide which might not get updated when approval threads get archived and such. Either that or like archive Two and put One in General Rules and update it and whatnot, whichever is easier I guess? The thinking behind this suggestion was just so that everything can kinda match :D

- also under Magic Creation it does say "You can roleplay in jobs and socials without magic" but before that under Character Creation it says "!~ Once your character has been approved you can take part in D & C ranked jobs, and socials without magic." which I'm guessing might be outdated so maybe could delete/edit that?

anyway all of these are just little things that are a bit confusing when first joining

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-
    Lineage : Assassin's Shadow
    Position : None
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 505
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,283,767

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Infinite Arcana
    Second Skill: Vox Universum
    Third Skill: Disciple of War

New User Guide Clarity Empty Re: New User Guide Clarity

Post by Shen Kadokawa 2nd August 2020, 4:47 am

Just gonna jump in here officially and comment on this since I'm the one meant to handle this particular thing:

All of your observations are correct and I don't think this suggestion is misplaced. The New User Guide, like almost all of our admittedly outdated and sometimes broken systems and rulesets, is in the process of being revised and reworked almost entirely. We realize that the guide in its current form is a big problem, and I am writing up a new one from scratch that will hopefully be not only more comprehensive, but also up to date in order to reflect the site's current environment and our effort to bring the mess we've been left with to a workable state.

That said, since the staff team is technically working on implementing this suggestion already, I will go ahead and close this as well as move it to approved suggestions.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 12:28 am