Purchase Proof: Linked Here
Description: Orcinus Orca. Also known as the killer whale, this species is far more than it seems. Relentless hunters, but also fiercely familial animals, they have some of the most stable relationships in the world. Especially compared to humans. In the ancient language, orcinus means kingdom of the dead. However, the lineage that runs deeply through Shiva's veins is not related to necromancy or heirship over the underworld in any direct form. Rather, this kingdom in the depths refers to the coldest, deepest waters, where dissolved oxygen is plentiful but the lifeforms are usually not.
She has agreed to a contract with a god named Orcinus, who she fears but also has a tentative admiration for. In exchange for being his sword in Earthland, she has gained certain powerful attributes that allow her greater strength, both in and out of battle. Her proficiency in languages has been increased to the extent that she can understand most foreign tongues and is able to differentiate between whether she's hearing her own language or another. Above all, Shiva's deep desire to grow as an individual and learn about the outside world is most prevalent in her goals as a person and mage. These values are expressed by her innate powers, heightened by the blessings Orcinus has instilled in her very being.
Although much of Shiva's story she is unwilling to relay to others, it can be said that her history is well described as simply "tragic." The loss and amount of difficult decisions involved have played a part in her view of the human experience as an elegy. This emotional song, while having its ups and downs, will always come to an end. Shiva herself can procure methods of partial immortality, such as the inability to ever get sick or die from natural causes. However, she does not possess a way of returning from the dead. Unlike her animal companions or some other mages, once Shiva's HP reaches 0, if she is not rendered unconscious, she is fully killed. Her focus, and the essence of her inherited powers from Orcinus, both have the intention of allowing Shiva to fulfill her purpose before her demise.
- Daughter of Orcinus: In the beginning of her life, her name was Mattea Bethel. Gift of the gods, her mother and father's most prized child. Not precious, but valued. Not cherished, but treasured. Not beloved... but appreciated "beyond her imagination." There were many children born into the city who received, at their naming ceremony, this title "Gift of God." It was intended to indicate those who had a particularly strong magical energy and who might do well at the temple in the future. Since much of the routine of their religion involved utilizing magic "according to His will" they were considered to be a perfect fit. Now, after having a personal encounter with Orcinus, the god, and leaving her city, Shiva has a great deal of fear and respect for his power. His grace and wrath have permanently changed her, both magically and physically. Their contract has granted her certain benefits, but also left her with crippling weaknesses in other areas.
Having seen so many things and been confronted by terrifying mental warfare, Shiva's mind and memories are naturally protected against intruders, but she can be forgetful at times since some of her own experiences have been blocked off. Through the hardness of crystal, implemented into her own magical core, Shiva has been changed in several ways. She gains 50% of her base MP as additional base MP, but loses base HP equal to this increase. Base spell durability is increased by 50%. Her base spell speed and range are also increased by 50% of their values as well. However, Shiva cannot benefit from increases to her HP, her base spell healing and movement speed is reduced by 50%, and she has lost the ability to have magical resistance or physical resistance buffs work on her to increase her resistances through any method. Protecting her repetitively weakened HP pool from direct attack is particularly strenuous, meaning enemies might have an easier time attacking her HP through slow means, as she cannot use counters for burns/drains, either from her own magic or someone else's counter effect cast onto her. She cannot regenerate HP through regeneration effects.
Shiva can listen to the thoughts of the gods and interpret their will based on the results of water divining. This can be used to understand the happenings of the past, as well as of the present but simply from another location. The inner workings of this type of divination are mysterious, and some even claim that it holds the key to understanding the contents of another's mind, heart, and soul, through an enhanced understanding of magical insights. Occasionally, this also allows her to gain a rough knowledge of other people or creatures' intentions, feelings, or desires. She can see into shielded or locked rooms, and if she so desires she may "read" another individual's fortune to produce a possibility of future events but has no effect whatsoever on what will happen. Shiva may also attempt to utilize these abilities of divination to better understand the past and get glimpses of what happened. All of the above abilities require OOC agreement to function on players or player owned NPCs.
- Supreme Sovereignty: At will, Shiva may pick up, throw, crush, or otherwise destroy or touch a non-magical object not player or player NPC owned. Depending on the color of the object, her magic may take on that color until she does the same with a different object or purifies her magical memory. This color has no effect on combat. The malleable effect of dye on her magical waters can also cause physical changes such as her hair color shifting from silver or white to taking on a slight hue of the color in question. Shiva gains three user ranked signature spells up to A, each assigned to a different magic, along with two user ranked advanced spells, one up to S+ and one up to H+. When she desires, she may push further light magic into her spells, giving them a faint glow effect that only serves to illuminate a small area around the spell. Her eyes and skin can give off a faint glimmer when it is dark enough, and she gains night vision. When she touches ordinary objects, Shiva may leave behind glowing finger prints or a small amount of her aura that causes it to glow gently. This can be used on players' items with OOC permission and can be used on living things with their consent IC.
Through her years of life, traveling both in the open and in dangerous areas, Shiva has come to an understanding of the best way to wear, utilize, and hide equipment on her person. For this reason, she is able to bring accouterments along with her and not display the presence of equipment visibly to others. She has also learned how to bend light and shadow to attempt to hide objects or even people in nearly plain sight. As a result, by manipulating the power of light and particles just as a reflection on the top of an ocean may change, Shiva may superimpose images onto things, including herself. In this way, she can change the appearance of clothes or things with a realistic rendering of changed color, shape, perspective, etc. The power of the waves is often flexible, and she can conceal her magical presence in order to give the impression of being a mage of any rank underneath her own or not a mage at all. Any illusion effects will only work on or against players or player owned NPCs with OOC permission.
- Thicker Than Water: Shiva and Aegir's bond has given both of them properties of each others' magic, spilling over into different usable forms. Through her close relationship with Aegir, the orca has begun to feel the effects of the Kingdom of the Dead on himself. He receives an additional two abilities that rank up with the user up to S. Her deep bond with Aegir means that the majority of her magic is channeled through him. Although Shiva may have multiple bond magics and/or combat pets in a single thread (either from bond magic or the usage of a lineage ability) all of her bond magics are linked to a singular pet, Aegir. As a combination of up to three combat pets, Aegir gains the melee damage and HP of all of the pets' grades in question. He also has usage of a number of abilities appropriate for all of the pets together: for example, if Aegir is of an Ethereal/Artifact(+) grade himself, and Shiva's second and third magics are bond and utilize a pet of Legendary rank, Aegir would be the bonded creature for all three magics. Thus, his total base abilities (not including any other sources of abilities such as the bond magics' benefits themselves, lineage abilities, etc.) would be, as long as Shiva was a high enough rank, 1 S Rank Ability, 1 A+ Rank Ability, 2 A Rank Abilities, and 2 B Rank Abilities. The amount of equipment Aegir can carry or utilize is equal to that of however many pet slots he encompasses.
Although Aegir is a powerful conduit and bond companion for Shiva, purely channeling magic with/through him only exacts an equally powerful cost, causing Aegir's base abilities to suffer from an additional 50% base MP cost. When Aegir reaches 0 HP, alternatively to being killed or rendered unconscious, he dissolves into a mixture of sparkling nebula dust and fragments of color that can float up into the sky or otherwise dissipate. These remains will eventually reform into a living Aegir by the time the next thread takes place. Their deeply trusting and dependent relationship means that Shiva has sworn to take no other bond companion for as long as she and he both live, although they find it acceptable for her to travel and fight with other combat pets not utilizing a proper magical bond. Should Aegir die, even temporarily with the capacity to revive later on, Shiva will feel his loss immensely. Her HP will immediately take an unavoidable hit of 1/4 of her maximum health as damage. As a sacrifice for their bond, Shiva has given her life force over to Aegir, decreasing her base HP by 100. (Aegir does not gain this HP but rather it is permanently forsaken as tribute to prove her devotion.)
- Tidal Procession: An explorer at heart and blessed by her god, Shiva often experiences windfalls, random bouts of good luck that bring about fortune. OOC, she can claim double the jewels from jobs. Shiva can also receive an equipment reward for a job of the grade specified in the Tables and FAQs, but any equipment gained in this way is player bound. In character, these windfalls may manifest as a lucky open room in a crowded inn, finding a golden bracelet in the middle of a forest, managing to not get eaten by werewolves while surrounded, etc. The possibilities for plotlines are endless and only limited by brainpower. Unfortunately, the luckiness surrounding her life does not necessarily extend to her magical prowess. Shiva cannot use counters for immobilizes or debuffs, either from casting them herself or being the target of someone else's counter effect.
Blessed by the original capacities of her ancestor, Shiva gains 5 normal spell slots for one magic, which cannot be assigned ranks that break the caps in the magic rules, like no having more than 30 D spells. However, despite the new knowledge available to her, she cannot cast these ancient spells with much efficiency. Therefore, their MP cost is increased by 50%, which cannot be removed, decreased, or negated in any way, and MP cost reductions do not apply to them. Shiva also gains 5 advanced spell slots that must be assigned ranks following the caps in the magic rules, like one S+, two A+, etc. However, as a result of gaining this magical flexibility, her defensive capabilities are weakened, rendering her physical and magical resistance persistently debuffed by 50%. Additionally, she may use both zodiac and immaculate in the same magic, but not changing the number of spell slots present. Finally, Shiva's connection to other spirits allows her to have one additional combat pet, and this pet naturally comes with two extra abilities up to S.
- Challenger of the Ancients: Shiva can create light, shadow, water, and ocean-related or nautical (driftwood, rope, weathered metal, canvas, etc.) effects or constructs at any time, so long as she is able to access her magic. These do not do any damage and are purely for aesthetic effect but can be interacted with physically for plot purposes. These last indefinitely but can be dissipated at her will and have no combat effect except for plot pvp, which would still require OOC agreement. Furthermore, she may travel by teleportation and fly at normal character speed on her own or alternatively on a shower of droplets. A miniature propelling fountain or bubbles can also be put under allies' feet and function like magical winged sandals, allowing them to float along at the speed they would normally go. At will, she can manipulate her water, creating bubbles and pockets of air/space to capture liquids, gases, or even solids, so long as they are non magical or for plot purposes (i.e. picking up candied sugar in a bubble in order to feed it to a fish). In addition, Shiva may change the original sweet flavor of her magic in any form to give it the taste and scent of a particular food or other flavor she has in her memory of once eating. Needs OOC permission to be used on players' things.
In cold climates, Shiva's magic appears to change, with water becoming ice and droplets becoming small flurries of snow or snowflakes. Much of her magic may take on a colder demeanor or appearance, being tinged blue and white. However, the actual magic remains the same. Upon being touched or reaching the ground, all magic reverts back to its original appearance unless Shiva specifically directs it to remain with a different shape. This ability cannot be used in combat unless with OOC permission.
Last edited by Ran on 13th July 2021, 8:43 am; edited 45 times in total