Name: Shiva | Hiyori | Mattea Bethel, Gift of God
Age: Young Adult
Birthday: March 7
Special Characteristics: Shiva gauges personal trust towards other people in "Trust Ranks" that are acquired in different ways.
"I have to resolve my own issues. I'll do whatever it takes to do so. Maybe that makes me a hypocrite. Who cares? They love me. If you do, you won't judge me."
The cold denizen of the sea, Shiva is an easily amused woman with a passion for wildlife, particularly certain types of it. Her sense of humor can be confusing, but it usually consists of laughing as people make fools out of themselves. Inside of Shiva exists a certain level of sympathy for idiot people. At the same time, though, she lacks empathy for their blunders and cannot understand how or why she shouldn't laugh. Straightforward in certain ways and mannerisms (such as with her own apparent facial emotions) but extremely discreet with her personal information and history, Shiva is like the surface of an ocean. It's easy to penetrate one or two layers, but it's difficult to discern how much is your reflection being shone back at you. The essence of Shiva that lies beneath her depths is almost unreachable.
Shiva dislikes zoos, and she doesn't see the point of mankind learning more about animals. Rather than see them from a scientific stand point or that of a kindly woman only wanting to help rescue them, Shiva sees animals for what they are. Imperfect, but beautiful. Humans are animals as well, but they are of a parasitic and overly predatory nature. She yearns for other animals to be given the freedoms they deserve and not to be seen or observed as a spectacle. While Shiva appreciates knowledge and agency that human customs and obeying them can bring her, she'd much rather go about life as she wants. Remaining a part of civilization for too long can cause her to feel misplaced. There's a lot she can derive from cities and towns and other human settlements, using money and connections (after forming/earning them). Yet, in the end, they're worthless except for their relative value. Shiva truly finds the highest love for something with intrinsic value not assigned to it by any government or people. The pure joy and taste of salt in her mouth as she rides an orca across the waves. That is worth so much more than money, in the end.
Still, Shiva admits that she is lured in by the promises of what gold or jewels can provide. Often it's amusing as well to see how much someone will promise her in order to receive a service or assign a task. Nonetheless, she finds that many people are weighed down by the judgement seeping from others' eyes. She, too, feels that heaviness on her back as she goes about her life. The difference with Shiva is that she might understood what a person's reputation is and what it can do for them. But the level at which she cares about it is lower than her desire to do what she wishes and act on behalf of whomever she wants. There's a lot to be gained from questioning and meeting new people. Shiva isn't really a charismatic person, but her occasional bluntness and surprising affection at times (such as towards whales) can give the impression that she has a hidden good side. Her expressions are usually easy to interpret and will paint her emotions across her face. At the same time, she lies whenever she feels like it. Her conscience is not strong when it comes to truth telling.
- Darkness || Some people find being unable to see unsettling, but for Shiva, it represents the cool, welcoming embrace of the unknown. She feels confident when faced with the darkest depths. Walking forwards is not a problem. Claustrophobia can be a problem for many people, but Shiva grew accustomed to diving in the deepest and narrowest sea-caves. For this reason, she feels comfortable nestled on all sides as long as the temperature is bearable.
- Ocean || Untold depths and endlessly dark waters hide a thousand secrets. Shiva's home will always be in the marine biome. More than just the water itself, she adores the creatures and environment of these large bodies of water. Fresh flowing rivers will be pleasant, she loves taking baths, and her hydration is key. All of these derive from a deep and sincere adoration for the sea.
- Whales || Her favorite animals, and the catalysts for at least a portion of her powers. Their natures can vary from skittish, peaceful, savage, and many more. Often, Shiva finds that whales make better company than that of humans. Also included under this general umbrella are creatures like dolphins, orcas, and certain sharks.
- Restrictions || Particularly when they prevent her from doing what she wishes or going where she would like. She is willing to ruthlessly step over the place the legal law has marked a Do Not Enter zone. Shiva's goals come before the maintenance of any local dictations. She respects most humans at a level lower than that of other animals, who are more meaningful to her. Boundaries set by those she holds no regard for should not exist and do not rightfully exist in her eyes.
- Presumptuous People || At the same time that she would be quick to step over someone's visibly marked boundaries, Shiva often dislikes the same being done to her in turn. Anyone who tries to harrass her or intrude on her personal space will not be welcomed with a smile. It's really a toss up with Shiva what she can find amusing and what would be over the top, too much. In this same grain of thinking comes overly sexualized people, places, things, actions, etc. She acknowledges that sexual overtones or undertones can exist, but why do they exist? Shiva wishes they didn't.
- Posturing || Shiva is not about intimidation tactics nor putting on a visibly false front. While not someone unwilling to lie, she tends to dislike blatant acting. If someone is doing it in a subtle way and manipulating a situation she's in, she may respect them for the bold move but will likely be displeased. Essentially, she prefers actions over words or promised, future actions. The present speaks for the future.
- Information || This goes both ways; she likes to keep her own secrets private and hidden. At the same time, a part of Shiva craves knowledge about others. It's not so much the usage of those personal details as the possibility that attracts her. In the most basic way, she likes to have the ability to play God with the ability to influence others' lives. Not that she would. Smile.
- Power || Everything is much better when you're at the top. Or not exactly at the top, but close to the top. Shiva is looking for direct power and training in her skills. She doesn't want to be the head of an organization, but she understands that she needs to be able to beat them in a fight. Even if it's inadvertent, she often gravitates towards situations that will allow her to become stronger.
- Enjoyment || Straight and simple, Shiva likes to have fun. To elaborate, she does understand the concept of delayed gratification and working hard now in order to ensure more good times down the line. However, Shiva usually needs to be actively enjoying herself or at least having an easy, relaxed or exciting time (depending on her mood), in order to not move onto something else. There are ways she can do engaging work or be interactive in the moment in order to persuade herself to get things done.
- Gods || Shiva will receive her judgement one day, that she is sure of. As a woman originating from a culture steeped in religion, she lacks piety but has accumulated a massive burden of trepidation mixed with distress. Living in a world of magic and deities, there is no possible way, in her mind at least, that gods could be exactly as they've been described to her. Still, the fear exists, having been trained into her from a young age.
- Decimation || Although Shiva understands that life goes on and the world will change, she cannot bear the thought of mass extinction events or large groups of animals she cares for dying. There is no way to protect all of them, but she will cut down whoever she feels like is a huge threat to the safety of the oceans or her companions. Her sympathy can even extend to strange or unknown beasts and the hunters or adventurers who try to kill them.
- Dry Deserts || Dry, barren lands. Arid sand and rolling dunes as far as the eye can see. There must be some way to navigate them properly, but for Shiva, these methods elude her. It is so unlike the ocean that she cannot manage to fully comprehend the idea of a desert in her mind. Of course, deserts exist in many forms, and they do not necessarily have to be stereotypically sandy ones. Shiva mostly fears those of a sandy and scorching nature, though.
Weight: 121 llbs.
Hair: Silver White
Skin Tone: Fair
Appearance: Image below!
Guild: Abyssal Fleet
Tattoo: Left calf, in black
Last edited by Ran on 13th July 2021, 7:30 am; edited 15 times in total