Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

At Home in the Trees

Icarus
    Icarus

Player 
    Lineage : Calorie Shave
    Position : None
    Guild : Meliora Vitae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Ahote
    Experience : 12,650

At Home in the Trees Empty At Home in the Trees

Post by Icarus 16th June 2020, 4:00 am

Soaring through the air, this was nothing new to Icarus. His brilliant red wings flapped easily, shedding not a single feather to the ground below. Normally when he was up here he was merely wandering, head quite literally in the clouds as his mind floated among the fluff. Today was different. He was on a mission and had a location in mind...a particular castle in a tree. It was easy to find nestled in the center of three mountain ranges, and just as easy to arrive at by folding his wings and diving until he lightly touched down at the entrance.

It was beautiful and positively snapping with earthly divinity. He'd heard the giant tree referred to as the "world tree", so he couldn't help but stop and say a prayer to Omera, may her life light shine bright. If only she could see this, though honestly she probably could from her heavenly seat. She was a goddess, after all, but he more so meant being able to see it in flesh and blood, standing with him so he could read her face. Maybe she planted this tree eons ago as a tiny sapling, and now it was impossibly huge. It was common for Icarus to daydream about such things. The very few statues and drawings of her depicted her as the very vision of beauty. It was only natural to fantasize a little.

Walking inside, golden eyes darted over the stone work and the marble, finding it acceptable and fitting for such a sacred-feeling place. Alas, he wasn't here to meditate. He was here to join the guild he'd heard was here. It felt right to try and join up to this particular one. Police forces and militaries forced too much. This was definitely more his style. "Hello?" he called, hands slipping into his pockets as he waited for someone to appear. He'd sway to and fro, a mild smile on his face and his eyes half-lidded and aloof. "Any Sabertooth people here?"

Last edited by Icarus on 19th June 2020, 11:52 pm; edited 3 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

At Home in the Trees CalumSigs

Aura
    Aura

Moderator- Mythical VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Guild : Sabertooth 《Guildmaster》
    Cosmic Coins : 400
    Experience : 60,342

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fires of Creation
    Second Skill: The Riyenas
    Third Skill:

At Home in the Trees Empty Re: At Home in the Trees

Post by Aura 17th June 2020, 9:15 am

The man had entered leisurely; lightly-tanned skin coveted by golden eyes and golden hair, his clothing casuals. And he had not escaped the demoness' piercing eyes. Not someone she'd seen around Ace of Spades before, maybe he had been in her absence, but there was little to it if she couldn't make sure. So stamping him a stranger nonetheless, she rose from her seat ever so casually, as if she'd been meaning to do so even if he hadn't entered. Not that she would've otherwise; Kenna had been too lost in her pondering to realise until his scent had caught her attention. Now, all she could do was the most acceptable thing; act as was expected of her, a guildmaster through and through.

"Not just any Sabertooth people at that, young man. Welcome to the Halls of Sabertooth." Kenna mused softly as she closed the distance between the two, a slight strain on her pace, akin to, yet not entirely limping. Her own attire was rather casual, the edges of the fresh scar in her neck poking out from underneath her shirt, as if it was busy expanding unto her throat. A pair of horns, large and protruding from her forehead like red-veined ebony. Once she'd been afraid of the public's reactions, but now she could care less. She no longer had that liberty, and her war-scars were the very proof of it. Yet she smiled ever so kindly, extending a hand for the man to take if he so wished. "Kenna Terrynhain, acting guildmaster. How can I be of service?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

And be she but Small,
    she is Fierce

At Home in the Trees GWsGXSQ

.:} The Road of Desire |Fire Dragon Slayer | Kenna Terrynhain {:.
    .:} The Nightmare in Your Head | Avide - Combat Pet {:.

D~4 ||C~4 ||B~2 ||A~ ||S~

Slots: 4/6

Icarus
    Icarus

Player 

Post by Icarus 20th June 2020, 3:25 am

The seemingly always half-lidded eyes of the golden man flared just a little at the sight of her. A demon woman hadn't been when he was expecting when he thought of the Guild Master of a place set inside something so nature oriented. It wasn't that demons weren't considered natural, it was just his understanding of how the supernatural played in the natural that messed up his views and footing on the whole matter. Things got muddy, and he hated not having a clear view.

Icarus had several questions he wanted to ask, not all polite, but he'd ask none of them. Many of his thoughts were offered without much consideration or prompting, but it probably wouldn't get him anywhere to ask about her her horns, heritage, and why she seemed hurt. Monologuing about his confusion over the supernatural in comparison to Omera's teachings would probably be rather weird as well. The winged man could be very charming in a disinterested sort of way, but that didn't mean he wasn't weird or maybe a little too comfortable in situations he hadn't earned it in yet.

Taking her hand, he gave it a careful but firm shake, lips spreading into a light smile. "Nice to meet you, Kenna Terrynhain. Please forgive me if your last name doesn't stick, my three braincells can only retain so much," he joked before continuing. "You can call me Icarus," he returned, giving his red wings a little flap for emphasis. His nickname hadn't come from nowhere. "Guild Master Kenna, I wish to join up. Do you have any openings?"

Aura
    Aura

Moderator- Mythical VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Haiku Contest Participant- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Rich- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Guild : Sabertooth 《Guildmaster》
    Cosmic Coins : 400
    Experience : 60,342

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fires of Creation
    Second Skill: The Riyenas
    Third Skill:

Post by Aura 22nd July 2020, 5:44 pm

"Please, just Kenna is fine. If anything, I insist." she smiled, dismissing his worries regarding the matter with a wave of her hand. Although she couldn't quite deny the importance she held to titles, for some reason it didn't transfer to her title and status as guild master. Maybe it was because she was still only half-sure why she even deserved the title and position at this point, or because she enjoyed the casual manner in which she interacted with others in the guild. Maybe it was both, and she just wasn't keen on picking a more solemn answer.

When Icarus introduced himself and shook her hand firmly, she nodded and returned the gesture. Her eyes wandered from his face to his wings and back again, nodding approvingly. Yes, she could see why. That aside, the crimson wings stood out, radiant and strong like her flames, and that amused her even more. They looked like they could carry him across even the strongest winds without much effort, which made her nostalgic towards memories she knew she would never be able to relive again. Yet she was quick to bury the sadness the nostalgia brought with it, now not being the time to allow them to surface. Instead, she gave the man a heartfelt smile. And then maybe a dash of mischief that added to the smile. "Well aren't you in luck, my friend! We just so happen to have a single spot left!"

The demoness looked the man in the eyes, not breaking eye-contact as she kept her pokerface up for a little while longer, until the façade crumbled for a beaming smile. She laughed, meeting the man with a grin after having had her short moment of fun. "Just kidding! Sabertooth's doors are always open for new blood at any given time, for anyone who needs us." Now she'd had her fun, she toned it down some more to show she actually was being serious. "Although permit me asking the mandatory question of what reasons brought you to us, Icarus. Or at the very least, your intentions, if you'd rather not enclose your reasons just yet." she was curious, but since the last breach she couldn't help but be more thorough.

And be she but Small,
    she is Fierce

At Home in the Trees GWsGXSQ

.:} The Road of Desire |Fire Dragon Slayer | Kenna Terrynhain {:.
    .:} The Nightmare in Your Head | Avide - Combat Pet {:.

D~4 ||C~4 ||B~2 ||A~ ||S~

Slots: 4/6

Icarus
    Icarus

Player 

Post by Icarus 22nd August 2020, 4:31 am

"Whew! I was about to get a little nervous, Kenna. Someone like me shouldn't take the last spot," he said, rolling with the joke. He was humble these days, so even if his words were blithe, there was some solemn truth. Sabertooth could probably aid his vague causes, but if there were more serious, dedicated applicants to fill the now fictitious lone spot, he'd gladly remain guildless and let them have it. Since that wasn't the case, he'd carry on with this in hopes of initiation.

She was asking the question he'd known was coming but hoped would be skirted over. Icarus had yet to utter the terrifying and mysterious hints Omera dropped him about some looming thread aloud. He didn't plan to right now, either. Not just because explaining Omera in general was a headache that either got him regarded as a crackpot zealot or a crazy person, but because he also knew he'd sound like the man standing on the corner with "The End is Near!" sign. Much more information was needed before he'd even attempt to tell anyone about it, and hopefully by that time it wasn't too late to stop whatever it was. "I just want to protect the world and nature, you know? It's hard to do alone. This is one of the big three good guy guilds, and the one closest to my kind of place," the blond answered, running a hand through said hair before placing both hands into the pockets of his baggy pants. "It's also nice that you guys don't have uniforms. I don't feel like signing up for a military. I'm too laid back. I spend too much time in the trees and skies to be anchored to a rigid schedule," he grinned cheekily. "I can't stand it when stuff disrupts the natural flow by taking control and forcing their wills on nature and other people."

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 2:27 am