Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Stormcaller and the Skydancer [Private| Skylar and Velvet]

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 
    Lineage : Rage of the Soul Torn
    Position : None
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,375

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Lightning Dragon Slayer (Second Gen)
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Stormcaller and the Skydancer [Private| Skylar and Velvet] Empty The Stormcaller and the Skydancer [Private| Skylar and Velvet]

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 20th April 2020, 10:21 am

0153/???? WORDS
    Skylar Silverwind
    There are some things you can only learn in a storm.
    HP: 000/000
    MP: 000/000
    Active Spells: Spell 1 (duration), Spell 2 (x/x posts), Spell 3 (x/x posts)
    Cooldown: Spell 1 (x/x posts), Spell 2 (x/x posts), Spell 3 (x/x posts)
    Passives/Buffs: Passive 1, Buff 1, Buff 2 (only for those that currently apply)
    Items Used: Item 1, Item 2
    Monsters Killed: x/x

"Where am I..." Skylar wondered to himself as he walked through the unfamiliar streets. Last night he'd flown with a heavy storm all the way from Magnolia, enjoying the exhilarating feeling of dancing with the wind and the rain. The only problem was that he lost himself in the sound of thunder and had no idea where he'd ended up once the storm dissipated.

As the last of the storm rolled overhead, dropping a light rain, the Stormcaller wandered the streets. He started by looking for any sign of where he was, but eventually lost himself once more, staring at the sights of the town in wonder. There seemed to be a large castle atop the hill, and he decided to head towards it without paying too much attention to where his feet were falling. His old explorer's nature was calling to him, like the day he'd discovered an ancient tome of magic.

IVYLEAF33

Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 3,300

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Sky Dragon's Dance of Life
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Stormcaller and the Skydancer [Private| Skylar and Velvet] Empty Re: The Stormcaller and the Skydancer [Private| Skylar and Velvet]

Post by Velvet Skydancer 21st April 2020, 2:46 am

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: Post: 430 / Total: 430
    Tagged: @Skylar
    Job Information: -
    Notes: -

The last couple of days had been long but eventful for the Skydancer. She'd worked surprisingly long hours as a dancer at the Red Dragon Inn, her popularity apparently skyrocketing in her new environment to the point that some of the customers were asking when she would be in next. Of course, one of those customers had been Erik - the kindly merchant who'd brought her here - and his wife Laila who simply adored the Joyan. Velvet had been so busy though that she'd barely had time to meet up with anyone from her guild, let alone do bigger jobs with them. Heck, truth be told she needed a day off from everything right now. She hadn't stopped since the day she joined Sabertooth! Thankfully her boss, Will, had seen that too and had given her exactly that. Not before she'd already arrived at the inn mind you, but it was the thought that counted. That was how Velvet had found herself outside of the Red Dragon Inn at this time in the morning and with now plenty of time on her hands.

Unfortunately she had no idea what to do with it. She'd already done her morning routine and the idea of a day off was to not dance, even if that's exactly what she wanted to do. Saying that though, it was a nice day and she could spend it at Lion Beach, dancing in the sun. But then again she was wearing a green hooded jumper, a dark-grey-blue t-shirt and boots, none of which were particularly suitable for that kind of environment. She released a silent sigh. She would have to go back to her room to get changed either way, so she'd just have to work something out as she walked.

She began to walk back, but as she turned the corner to head up the road she collided hard with something coming from the other side - or rather, someone. She bounced off of the person but thankfully was quick to react - better than the last time this had happened at least - and used her magic to keep herself from hitting the ground, instead performing a backflip in mid-air and stopping perfectly upright, albeit a few inches off of the floor. The roads weren't too busy today so, as her magic spread, she only really had one person nearby whom she could have bumped into. That made things at least marginally less embarrassing. She bowed her head, slightly flushed, by way of apology. "I'm very sorry, I should have been more careful..."

Velvet's Attire:
    IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Stormcaller and the Skydancer [Private| Skylar and Velvet] Empty Re: The Stormcaller and the Skydancer [Private| Skylar and Velvet]

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 21st April 2020, 9:19 am

0441/???? WORDS
    Skylar Silverwind

Skylar's ruminations were forcibly interrupted when he abruptly collided with another person. He reacted instinctively, wrapping himself in wind even as he stumbled back, keeping himself upright. He did the same for the other person, only to find the tendrils of his magic deflected aside as they attempted to envelop the other, which he saw now was a young girl, as she hovered upon a windstream of her own. That startled him enough to distract him from the expanding envelope of her magic until it buffeted him, almost knocking him down. Instinctively, he reached out with his magic in an attempt to divert the airstream, but felt an odd resistance, as if her magic would not respond to a will other than her own, as if it were more integral to her than Skylar's was to him. That was curious. So instead of directly attempting to control her wind magic, he met it with his own, slipping the airstream harmlessly to the side as his current met and mingled with hers with enough momentum to deflect it. The by-product was a small dust devil springing up to the side of them as the opposing windstreams collided, but it quickly dissipated.

Skylar returned his attention to the girl just in time to hear her apologize to him. He shook his head quickly, brushing a bit of dust they'd kicked up from his jacket. "No, no, that was my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going. Are you alright?" he asked, giving her a once-over. Noticing her feet hovering a few inches above the ground, he quickly suppressed the quivering feeling that spawned in his belly. This woman can fly, like him. But now wasn't the time for that.

IVYLEAF33

Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 21st April 2020, 10:19 am

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: Post: 304 / Total: 734

Velvet felt it almost immediately; that shift in wind resistance as her magic was surrounded, rather than resisted. She hadn't noticed it before, what with nearly faceplanting the ground again and having to catch herself, but there was a definite shift in the wind in the immediate vicinity. Her eyes closed for a second as she tried to ascertain why. He own wind had mingled with the wind surrounding it, yet the Skydancer could feel that wind too. It was weaker, not largely so, but enough that it wouldn't be able to press through her own. It was also unnatural which meant......magic? Wind Magic? she thought to herself. The only mage she knew from Sabertooth who had any Wind Magic of note was the wild child, and this was definitely not hers.

Her thoughts were distracted by a voice. A male voice. So the person she'd bumped into was a male. She didn't let her guard down, but she relaxed a little in the knowledge that she was close to home at least. She lowered herself gently to the ground and, with little effort, ceased all the winds around the two of them with exception to her own small breeze that allowed to her somewhat envision where this man was. "I am fine...thank you." she began, before noting that they'd probably kicked some dust up into the air and quickly brushing herself off as best as she could. "You're a mage, yes? But...not of Sabertooth?" she continued, looking up at the man. Judging by the shadow, he was taller than her and therefore meant he was potentially physically stronger. But his tone didn't seem to be aggressive, and neither really was his stance. She finally relaxed and a smile broke across her face, satisfied with her quick checks. "So what brings you this way?"
    IVYLEAF33

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 21st April 2020, 11:05 am

0649/???? WORDS
    Skylar Silverwind

Skylar relaxed slightly as the winds died down around them, likely from the other mage's effort. However, a very fine breeze continued to brush against him, which his senses told him was unnatural, flowing slightly against the prevailing winds in the area. It wasn't coming from him, so that meant that the girl was sustaining a current, for some reason. It didn't seem hostile in purpose, so he decided to set it aside for the moment.

"Sabertooth? Is that where I am?" he asked. Of course, he'd heard of the wizard guild Sabertooth, and their near-legendary town, Ace of Spades, that once housed their guild hall. "No, I am a mage of Fairy Tail. I blew in on the storm earlier and... got a little lost." he admitted. "This is Ace of Spades?" As he watched the other wizard, he noticed something very strange. Though her voice seemed to emanate from her direction, her mouth didn't move at all while she spoke. Which meant... she was using wind magic to speak? That thought astonished him. To have such fine control over the movement of air so as to produce sound was... Well, until now, he would have thought it impossible. Even his father hadn't had such masterful control.

IVYLEAF33

Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 21st April 2020, 2:35 pm

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: Post: 300 / Total: 1034

Fairy Tail? That was in Magnolia! How in the hell had this man ended up all the way over here? Velvet couldn't hide her surprise when Skylar explained himself - he'd travelled along on the storm from the night before and somehow ended up here. It seemed unreal but then Velvet could easily tell that he was telling the truth; the man's scent was not entirely dissimilar from the scent of the storm the night before. In fact, he smelled entirely of a storm. Velvet had never known anyone smell like this. Not a human at least. Her father, Hraesvelgr was the last being she'd known to smell of storms on a permanent basis, and that was mostly because his roars had a tendency of causing them. She began to step forward, completely entranced for a moment before catching herself quickly and coming to a stop. She didn't have any idea who this guy was! Nor did he have any idea who SHE was! Way to make a fool of yourself Velvet!

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I haven't introduced myself!"

She bowed again, partially in apology and partially as her introduction. "I am Velvet. Velvet Skydancer. And to answer your question, yes this is Ace of Spades. You've come an awfully long way on that storm haha!" she couldn't help herself as that laugh came out. She had completely relaxed now. This man was clearly no threat. In fact, he was no different to her - lost somewhere, unsure of his surroundings. And yet he was confident in spite of this. Everything about him piqued her interest; his scent, his ability to ride storms, his magic and yes, even his confidence. She smiled somewhat cheekily. "So, Fairy Tail mage, who do I have the pleasure of bumping into?"

IVYLEAF33

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 21st April 2020, 4:00 pm

0801/???? WORDS
    Skylar Silverwind

Skylar barely stopped himself from taking a step back as she stepped towards him. He didn't think her likely to attack him, at this point, but his nerves were always a bit twitchy when he wasn't flying. At least he wasn't in an enclosed space. Were that the case, he might have instinctively attacked her. Slightly ashamed of his knee-jerk reaction, he rubbed the back of his head.

"Nice to meet you, Velvet. My name is Skylar Silverwind. And yes, I have come a long way. I... sometimes get distracted when I'm riding stormwinds. Which reminds me, I'll have to call up another storm this evening to get back home..." he said, speaking the last sentence in a low mutter as he rubbed the back of his head more in consternation, looking down and away slightly. "I'll try not to make it too big of one, but there are no guarantees."

This is the space for any notes you might have. If you end up writing too much, it should scroll nicely ^w^
    IVYLEAF33

Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 22nd April 2020, 4:00 am

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: Post: 328 / Total: 1362

So not only did this man, Skylar, ride storms, but he could call them at will? Of course this wasn't a huge shock as Velvet had at least aurally witnessed a number of things since joining Sabertooth; particularly with Mai and Imai running amok. But to find another who understood the winds the same way she could, and to be able to summon storms at a whim like this? It was unprecedented. She had so many questions to ask the man but seemingly not enough time to ask them, as he had full intentions of returning back to Magnolia - understandable, yet somewhat unfortunate. It was still early in the day though right?

"I don't mind big storms...they're actually really relaxing." Velvet replied softly, still smiling sweetly. "You...don't have to go right now do you? It's just...the only other person I know who can wield the winds like you do is a guildmate...but she's a little...difficult." the Dragon Slayer giggled. "So if you have a little time...can I ask a few questions?"

Velvet's breeze was controlled now more than it had been in a long time. Rather than spreading it, she was focusing it on Skylar, getting a feel for him at this moment; The breeze whipped around his limbs telling her that he was still somewhat tense. Truth be told, she harbored a few concerns, but this place was public and he didn't seem aggressive. He was also considerably taller than she was and slim, slimmer than she'd expected, but not in a bad way. His tone had been so confident, she'd expected him to be more powerfully built. The fact he wasn't actually made her more at ease; she'd learned the hard way that muscle-head's had a tendency to throw their weight around. It was then that she made the realisation that they were still in the middle of the road, and people were beginning to venture out more at this time. "Perhaps not here though..."

IVYLEAF33

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 22nd April 2020, 9:05 am

0000/0000 WORDS
    Skylar Silverwind

Skylar was still considering how to get home when Velvet's words sank in, and he froze. This... vision of a girl wanted to spend more time with him? It was then that he realized something about Velvet, perhaps something he'd been deliberately avoiding realizing. She was adorable. And not in the 'Oh, look at that little girl in the dress, she's adorable' way. Velvet was... Skylar lacked the words to describe it. But if there was one thing his father taught him, it was that when a pretty girl wanted to spend time with you, you made time. The Stormcaller immediately discarded thoughts of going home. That could come later.

"Oh, uh... Of course." he said. "I would like that. Do you know a place we could go? I'm new here, obviously." As he said that, a faint grin spread across his face. He was suddenly very glad he rode that storm last night.

This is the space for any notes you might have. If you end up writing too much, it should scroll nicely ^w^
    IVYLEAF33

Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 22nd April 2020, 11:09 am

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: Post: 348 / Total: 1710

Velvet was mentally relieved when Skylar agreed to stick around for a while, which was a peculiar feeling; she'd literally just met this man after all, and yet she felt oddly at ease around him. Perhaps it was the fact they shared their magic type? Or perhaps it was his scent, that aroma of a fresh storm that reminded her so much of her childhood that was the culprit? Whatever the case she smiled even more broadly. Of course, now there was the issue of where to go. There were many options of course - Ace of Spades had more than its fair share of establishments where one could sit and natter. But then again the Skydancer was still very much new to the city herself, and thus she wasn't certain of the good places nor the bad ones. She put a finger to her lips, thinking to herself for a moment.

"Well...there's the Red Dragon Inn which I just left...I work there and it's lovely but it might be a bit loud...and it's my day off so I'd rather not spend it in there..." her thoughts were coming out quietly now, in the same way a person would mutter to themselves when thinking out loud. "I think there's a park nearby that might be a good spot. I've never been there though...but there should be some signage or maybe we can ask for directions...hmmm...."

Velvet was becoming very aware that it was becoming increasingly apparent that she hadn't thought this through fully; Skylar had no idea where he was and Velvet, while having a little knowledge, and knowing there was probably signage leading to the park, she couldn't actually see the signage and that would mean asking Skylar to lead the way in a city he didn't know. That surely wouldn't go down well...

"I...don't really know the place very well either..." she finally said, ever so slightly louder so that Skylar could hear her, her face going surprisingly red as she tried and failed to hide her own embarrassment. So much for being relaxed...

IVYLEAF33

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 22nd April 2020, 12:10 pm

1125/???? WORDS
    Skylar Silverwind

Skylar listened as Velvet muttered to herself, watching her with that faint grin still stretched over his face. He wasn't sure why, but he was happy that the girl was happy. That big smile on her face tugged at something inside him, made him smile too. When she sputtered to a stop and flushed in embarrassment, he couldn't help but chuckle quietly to himself. Her red cheeks just made her look more adorable.

"Well, I have an idea. It's easier to see things from the air, so why don't fly up a bit?" he said, then backpedaled a little. "I mean, I'm assuming you can fly. You kind of hovered there for a little, so... And you use wind magic, like I do..." This was his first chance to fly with someone else, to share the joy of soaring upon the winds, and he was afraid he'd bungled it already. "If... If you can't, I could just fly up myself and scout out where the park is, then come back..."

IVYLEAF33

Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 22nd April 2020, 12:26 pm

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: Post: 318 / Total: 2028
    Tagged: @tagged

Well Skylar had been right about a number of things he'd said; Velvet could fly - and his words confirmed he was able to do so as well - she used wind magic, and him flying up to look for the park was a good shout. One thing he was most definitely wrong about was the fact that it was easier to see things from high up. Or rather, he was wrong in this instance, but he apparently wasn't aware of it yet. Suddenly Velvet was put in a difficult position; she could fly up and pretend to be looking, but that would probably fall flat. On the other hand, whilst he'd seen her hovering, he'd not actually seen her flying - or at least his wording suggested as much. She could claim that she was unable to fly and that would disguise her blindness a little more, but then that would last all of two minutes before it would become obvious. Of course there was a third option and that was to just tell him straight.

"If you could look first and then you can guide me?" she began. How did she word this? And how would he react if she told him she was blind? Far too many people had attempted to take advantage of her blindness. A few had even succeeded, at least for a short time. Whilst Skylar didn't seem the sort to do so, she'd thought the same of people in the past. No, she had to get to know him better first right? "I can fly but...it takes concentration and it affects my vision..." she lied, immediately feeling horrible for doing so, but knowing it was the safest option right now. He'd find out one way or another of course, and Velvet knew that. But she wasn't about to show her biggest weakness to someone she'd just met five minutes ago.

IVYLEAF33

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 22nd April 2020, 1:14 pm

1419/???? WORDS
    Skylar Silverwind

Skylar tilted his slightly in confusion, then shrugged after a moment and accepted it. "Alright, I'll take a look and be right back. Don't move too far, alright?" he said. Then there was a rush of wind and the Stormcaller was borne aloft, stirring the dust on the ground in another mini dust devil as his windstream carried him upwards. He rose high above the city and leveled off, bobbing up and down slightly. Maintaining a perfectly steady altitude was difficult on the best of days, and with the wind currents still moving about, following the storm he'd ridden on, he couldn't hope to stay in one place. But this was fine for now.

He looked down at the town, shielding his eyes from the wind and the rain until he spotted a large blot of green with a dot of blue near the center. With a negligent gesture, he cut his windstream and fell like a stone, the green blot growing larger until he could confirm that it was indeed a park. He kept free-falling for a little longer, until he could make out the streets below. He then caught himself in another windstream and began slowly, methodically tracing the path they would have to take to get to the park, committing the turns to memory. He'd done his best to go straight up and down, so as not to lose his place. When he was done, he drifted downwards slowly until he reached the street and touched down, only to find that he'd drifted slightly and he was now behind Velvet by a few meters.

Skylar strolled up behind Velvet, brushing some rainwater from his coat. "I found it. It's about a five or ten minute walk west of here." he said.

IVYLEAF33

Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 22nd April 2020, 4:09 pm

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: Post: 343 / Total: 2371

As a rush of wind blew past Velvet and Skylar took off into the air, she breathed a sigh of relief. He'd hesitated of course which meant he had questioned her reasoning, but he'd gone off to look nonetheless. He probably wouldn't take too long to come back, but it gave Velvet the chance to get some control over herself. What was it about this whole thing that had her emotions and her thoughts going so nuts? She'd never been like this before, at least not to this degree. Just because his sent reminds me of him, it doesn't mean he's anything like Hraesvelgr...so why do I feel so at ease...and yet so stressed all at once?

She sighed a silent sigh. There wasn't an answer to be had in thinking about it. She'd just have to get to know this 'Skylar'. Many questions were still in her mind of course. How could he fly like her? How had his magic reacted as it did when it touched hers? How did he ride storms the way he did? - that in itself led to more questions about whether she could achieve the same...but then again, a blind girl riding a storm and ending up in the middle of nowhere would likely end up in a considerably worse position than Skylar had.

She jumped as his voice came from behind her but thankfully no sound came out. Some semblance of control at the very least. She whipped around to face him, but the startle had caused her to briefly lose control of her magic, so she hadn't actually been able to tell exactly where he was. She tried her best to hide that though by simply looking like she was thinking. "West...so that would be....that way?" she asked, pointing in front of her and hoping she could keep this facade up just a little longer. "My...sense of direction isn't great either..." she lied again. She was beginning to get annoyed at herself for lying but that over-cautious side to her just wouldn't quiet down.

IVYLEAF33

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 22nd April 2020, 8:30 pm

2040/???? WORDS
    Skylar Silverwind

Skylar tilted his head slightly as Velvet jumped, then turned around and looked just to the side of him. That was peculiar. Even more peculiar was when she tried to point west and ended up pointing south. With one hand, he reached out and gently pushed her hand until it pointed in the right direction. "That way. I memorized the way there, so whenever you're ready, we can go." he said.

As they walked, Skylar would begin putting things together. He'd always been good at solving puzzles. First was the way they had run into each other. As he thought about it, he could remember seeing her out of the corner of his eye just before they'd stepped around the corner and collided. Her head had been up and straight forward, as a person's normally would be as they walked. She should have been able to see him in time to react. The only reason Skylar hadn't seen her in time was because he was looking up and to the side, at the castle on the hill. Then there was the constant breeze he'd felt blowing against him as he spoke to her, of which she was certainly the source. There was no reason for her to maintain such a constant, fine current, unless she was using it to monitor him. Then there was the way she seemed unfamiliar with this town, which was odd, as she was a mage of Sabertooth, who owned the Ace of Spades. It could be explained if she was new, but she knew the guild well enough to immediately know he wasn't a fellow member. Finally, there was the way she hadn't looked directly at him when he'd startled her, as most people would when they were surprised. She'd looked to the side of him instead of straight on.

Skylar mulled all this over in his head, thinking of the possible answers to her mysterious behavior. After some time, he came to the conclusion that the poor girl was blind, or at least near-blind, and used her wind magic to 'see', the same way she used it to 'speak.' He couldn't be sure, of course, but it felt right. But if that were true, it would mean she'd lied to him at least once. Which, after mulling that over for a time, he realized he couldn't fault her for. A young, pretty girl who couldn't see? She must live in constant fear of being taken advantage of. If he were in her situation, he wasn't sure he wouldn't also lie to everyone he met. Skylar's immediate, knee-jerk reaction was to protect her. Which surprised him. Where did this sudden protectiveness come from? He barely knew her. And if she was a mage, which she clearly was, she could probably fend for herself. Or at least run away before anything bad happened to her. His sense of her magic was that it was more powerful than his, at least at the moment, and seemed to come as naturally to her as breathing. If she was using it to see and to speak... Her control over the wind was finer and more substantial than he'd ever heard of. She could probably easily deal with some thug trying to get the jump on her.

The thing was, he could think of no tactful way to ask her if she was blind, and simply asking her outright would probably scare her off, if she's so wary about keeping it a secret. He definitely didn't want that. He wanted to spend more time with her. More than that, he wanted to fly with her, if that was even possible. So, he could do nothing but keep quiet. For now, anyway.

IVYLEAF33

Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 25th April 2020, 2:24 pm

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: Post: 286 / Total: 2657

Velvet flushed bright red as the man's hand nudged hers ever-so-gently so that she was pointing the correct direction. He had been nice about it which was a positive, but it didn't remove that overwhelming embarrassment. She must look like a complete airhead, literally and metaphorically, and the idea that she could be viewed as such was frustrating, if only because she couldn't do anything about it without telling him about her blindness - something she wouldn't just give away to some random person in the street, even if they were a mage of Fairy Tail.

That in itself was a concern; she knew a little of Fiore's history by this point, and she knew that Fairy Tail, as a guild, had been considered a Legal or 'Good' guild at one time. Something had caused them to lose favour with the Magic Council in some way though and now they were considered an independent guild - not Dark or 'Evil', but it was suggested that they couldn't necessarily be trusted...but yet Skylar didn't immediately seem like the sort to mistreat someone. Velvet didn't trust her gut often but something about this man was telling her that he was a good and genuine guy. Maybe she could trust him?

Now wasn't the time to think about that though. They were still stood in the middle of the road and the streets were beginning to get busier. They'd have to make a move soon. Now that Velvet had regained some bearings on her surroundings, she was able to look at Skylar and smile as best as she could through her embarrassment. "It's probably best if you lead the way...bad sense of direction and all that..."

IVYLEAF33

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 26th April 2020, 10:20 am

2183/???? WORDS
    Skylar Silverwind

"Of course." Skylar replied, then set out. After a little while of walking - in silence, as Skylar pondered the mystery of Velvet's actions - they reached the park, and the Stormcaller decided to go to it's center, at the edge of the small lake. There was an island near the middle of the lake, but he didn't know whether or not Velvet would be able to make it there. So instead, he sat down at the edge of the water. There was no one around, given that it was still raining. This was an ideal place and ideal time to speak in private.

"So, Velvet. What do you want to know about me?" he asked her, looking into her beautiful blue eyes. Eventually, he would have to find a way to bring up her lack of sight, but in a tactful way.

IVYLEAF33

Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 29th April 2020, 11:55 am

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: Post: 471 / Total: 3028

Judging by the length of the walk, Skylar had gauged the distance pretty much perfectly. Velvet would have been impressed had the walk not been quite so...unnerving. The two had remained basically silent for the whole walk, with Velvet in particular being awfully unsure of what to say and instead focusing on the weather and the air around her; the storm had cleared the air nicely although remnants of it remained in the drizzling rain that felt atop the pair. She wasn't bothered by a little rain though and, judging by Skylar's reaction - or lack thereof - he wasn't too bothered by it either. Then again, the guy rides storms...of course he won't be put off by a little rain... the Skydancer thought to herself, mentally scolding her own stupidity.

Upon arriving at the park Velvet immediately allowed her magic to stretch out further, something she often did when entering open spaces as it allowed her to get a feel for her surroundings; who was nearby, whether there were any hazards, that sort of thing. It took only a couple of moments before she felt confident enough that there was nothing and no-one nearby who could be of any concern - outside of Skylar of course, but she felt that was a non-issue by this point. Of course Velvet wasn't a fool and she could sense Skylar wasn't either. His energy had changed since he'd come back from searching for this place. She'd felt it when he'd nudged her hand. There were many possible causes for this of course, but the most obvious one - and the one the Sabertooth mage was most certain of - was that he'd worked out her weakness and the thing she'd tried (and massively failed) to hide from him; that she was blind.

Skylar spoke first after a moment, asking what Velvet wanted to ask him. She put a finger to her lips as if thinking for a moment before she instead opted to sit on the wet grass. The dampness of the earth and the freshness of the air around her helped her to relax again before she spoke, looking directly at him this time - there was no-one else around afterall so she couldn't exactly mess this one up.

"Your magic interfered with mine when we met. The reaction is familiar. Yet different. It's Wind magic but it's not...it's something more..." she began, her finger still to her lips. "Storm magic... right?"

She moved her hand away and closed her eyes. "And you claimed you could fly...and, I assume, you flew to check where this park was judging by how you found it faster than it took for us to get here...how do you do that? Because not everyone who knows wind magic can use it to fly like that..."

IVYLEAF33

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 29th April 2020, 12:14 pm

2370/???? WORDS
    Skylar Silverwind

Skylar nodded in response to Velvet's question, then scolded himself mentally. Such a gesture was useless with her. He would have to get used to speaking more.

"Yes, that is correct. I use Storm Magic. Specifically an ancient version called Stormcalling. I can summon storms and manipulate them at will, as well as use wind, water and lightning at will." he said. "Supposedly, people used to use it before civilization took hold. Stormcallers would use their powers to fertilize fields, keep storms from ruining crops, things like that. Eventually, it became something more, as Stormcallers were forced to use their powers against monsters and invaders. Now... I suppose I am the last Stormcaller." He sighed softly and looked down.

"As for how I can fly... I don't really know. I've always been able to fly, as far as I know. Even before I found the tome that gave me my magic." Skylar shrugged slightly. "Maybe I got it from my dad. Maybe wind magic just runs in my family. I don't know. All I know is that I can soar upon the winds, and nothing feels better."

IVYLEAF33

Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 29th April 2020, 1:43 pm

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: Post: 326 / Total: 3354

At first Skylar's words left Velvet feeling oddly proud of him. His magic, Stormcaller magic, had apparently been passed down for generations and had been used for the benefit of its people, first as a tool for agriculture and then as a weapon against their threats. But then that pride turned to sadness and even empathy as he explained that he was the last Stormcaller. Velvet felt that on a personal level. She was essentially the only person who knew pure Sky Dragon Slayer magic in this way. She knew of Lacrima of course, and that there were Lacrima that could essentially give people Dragon Slayer powers. But she was the only one to have learned the magic first-hand as far as she was aware.

Skylar then explained how he could fly, or at least as best as he could; much like her, he'd had the ability to do it for as long as he could remember. Velvet couldn't help but find it odd how the two of them could both fly in this way and yet neither could remember when or where they learned to do it. But last of all she noticed something that all but confirmed her suspicions; he hadn't commented on the fact that she'd said she 'assumed' he'd flown to find this park. That meant he knew she was blind and was opting not to comment on it. She found herself smiling at that. "I'm much the same. I've been able to fly for as long as I can remember. My father, Hraesvelgr said it was a gift but I don't think he taught me to fly. He was unable to fly towards the end of our time together and I doubt he'd have had the strength to do it before then...but how odd that we both have this ability..." she began before, smiling again, this time with it aimed at Skylar. "Now it's your turn. Any questions about me?"

IVYLEAF33

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 29th April 2020, 2:05 pm

2634/???? WORDS
    Skylar Silverwind

Ho boy. Here was Skylar's chance to ask about her apparent blindness, served on a silver platter and wrapped up with a bow. But... He couldn't just outright ask if she was blind. If she wasn't, she'd probably slap him, or at least get angry. If she was... Well, he didn't want to see her sad. He needed a clear head to think about this, and the clouds above weren't helping. He could sense the tension in the air, the shifting wind currents. Another storm was coming, and the pressure on his senses was starting to make him feel erratic.

With an absent flick of his hand, he called upon his magic. A gale barreled down from the north like a freight train, smashing right into the storm overhead and slicing through it like a knife. Remnants of the wind he'd summoned carried away what was left of the rainclouds, and just like that, the sky was clear once more, as was his head. The sun, freed from its prison behind the clouds, shone down on them, setting the waters of the lake to shimmering. It was beautiful.

"How do you cope with not being able to see?" He said, the words just slipping out as he beheld the beauty. No, wait. He didn't mean to say that. "No, um... I didn't want to say it like that." he said, backpedaling. "I... Just... Can we forget I said that?" he pleaded, not wanting to upset the gorgeous girl in front of him. Oh how his plan backfired. He should have just let it rain.

IVYLEAF33

Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 29th April 2020, 2:28 pm

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: Post: 355 / Total: 3709

The air suddenly changed and it threw Velvet off for a moment. The tension of the storm that had been brewing overhead simply disappeared as a blast of wind magic cut through it, and suddenly the warmth of the sun was causing the Skydancer's skin to tingle as it dried away the rain that had been gently splashing upon her just moments before. Her eyes widened in awe and surprise. She'd not felt that kind of power and ability since Hraesvelgr had done it many years before - before he'd begun succumbing to his sickness - and to feel that same energy again was almost more than she could comprehend. But her thoughts were quickly snapped back as Skylar directed his question at her; a very direct question indeed and one that she'd expected, yet not quite in the way it was slammed in her face.

The Stormcaller quickly tried to backtrack, clearly not intending for the words to come out the way they did, if at all. Yet there they were, lingering in the air between the pair along with the growing awkwardness and tension that Skylar's flustering was creating. It took Velvet a few moments before she reacted, and her reaction took herself by surprise; she laughed. Not a quiet giggle that she often allowed to slip out of her thoughts and through her magic, but a full body laugh that her magic let out as she gripped her stomach. After a few moments she composed herself and wiped her eyes of her tears.

"I guess I didn't hide it very well, did I?" she asked, although she didn't expect an answer to that. Still smiling slightly she put a finger to her lips again as she thought of the best way to answer his rather abrupt question."Hmm...well...it's all I've known so I don't really think about it often. I guess I cope with it because I don't know any different. I mean...I'm curious as to what things look like, of course. But that's all it is; curiosity. I don't think much about it beyond that if I can help it."

IVYLEAF33

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 3rd May 2020, 11:17 am

3066/???? WORDS
    Skylar Silverwind

Skylar sighed in relief as Velvet began laughing, letting the tension that had built up in her moments of silence drain away. He too began laughing, then, a quiet chuckle to counterpoint her belly laughing. He was glad she wasn't upset.

When she described her life without sight, he felt bad for her, but only for a moment. "I suppose... It's better that you didn't lose your sight later in life, isn't it? Knowing exactly what it is you lost would make it worse." He fiddled with his hands for a moment, then gave a quiet sigh. "I could always... Try and describe things to you, if you wanted."

As he opened his mouth to say something else, an obnoxious voice cut him off. "Well, lookie here. Why don't you dump scrawny here and come hang out with a real stud, babe?" Skylar looked up, his face darkening as he saw a young man, more a teenager really, standing over them, leering at Velvet. Suddenly, he found himself on his feet, squared off against the kid.

"Listen, buddy - " he began, but was cut off again as the kid gave him a dismissive snort and wave of his hand.

"Just shut up, little man, the adults are talking. Run off before I cook you with my fire magic." he said with a sneer. "Besides, she's way too good-looking for you." The bully then turned back to Velvet, his sneer becoming a leer once more. "So how about it, baby? How would you like a real man for a change? I heard that Joyans like you are better than anyone at sucking d-" Rage boiled inside Skylar, both at this dismissiveness of the kid and his comment about Joyans. Not too long ago, Skylar had been to Joya, where he'd rescued the Princess and her handmaids from Pergrandian Paladins. He had been impressed by their kindness and joyful outlook of life. To hear this man talk so degradingly about Joyans piled onto his frustration at being ignored.

So, this man claimed to be a fire mage, huh? Well, time to see how he handled a little wind. Fury roiled in Skylar's gut, and the wind responded. An immense gust came roaring in from behind him, splitting around his body like water around a rock, not even stirring his coat. The blast of wind caught the supposed fire mage full-on, carrying him into the air and flinging him into the like like a child would toss a stone. All that was left of him were his surprisingly high-pitched shrieks, then a tremendous splash.

IVYLEAF33

Velvet Skydancer
    Velvet Skydancer

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Velvet Skydancer 5th May 2020, 2:18 pm

Velvet Skydancer

Word Count: Post: 452 / Total: 4161

Skylar's reaction was sweet, albeit unexpected. His question about losing her sight at birth rather than later wasn't entirely wrong of course, and Velvet did count that as a blessing in some regards. But on the other hand if she was given even the smallest chance of gaining her sight, she would absolutely grab it with both hands, no questions asked. But that wasn't the part she'd been surprised at. It was his offer to describe things that caught her off-guard and for a moment she had no idea how to respond. Before she had the chance though, the duo were interrupted - and at this point Velvet had no idea whether it was a blessing or not - by a rather rude man. At first, courtesy of her blindness, she didn't even realise that the man was talking to her. He'd been hitting on one of the two but, because she couldn't see who the man was facing, he could
    easily have been talking to Skylar - it wouldn't have been the first time it had happened since she'd arrived in Ace of Spades. But when Skylar had spoken up and the man had interrupted, Velvet became very aware that the man was talking to her - and he was coming off aggressive. The cat-girl didn't like where this was going.

She let the man speak for a moment, waiting for an opportunity to cut him off and, hopefully, resolve this without issue. But then he began talking about her race. Almost simultaneously with Skylar, Velvet whipped up a gust of wind to take the man of his feet which, when combined with Skylar launching the man through the air, resulted in him spinning erratically through the heavens before landing belly-first into the lake a short distance away. But Velvet wasn't finished there. A magic circle appeared many meters above the man who was just beginning to get to his feet, drenched from head to toe. He'd just about reached the shallowest part of the lake, and had been about to say something when a blast of wind magic shot down from the sky above him and smacked into the back of his head, sending his face crashing down into the soggy but solid earth in front of him. All the while Velvet approached him and, by the time he looked up and gasped for air, Velvet was stood in front of him, her right hand on her hip as her left hand did a swirling motion.

"Consider yourself barred from the Red Dragon Inn, and from Ace of Spades in its entirety. Now did you want to leave on your own two feet, or did you want a lift?"
    IVYLEAF33

Kenshi Yamaki
    Kenshi Yamaki

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Kenshi Yamaki 5th May 2020, 2:45 pm

3393/???? WORDS
    Skylar Silverwind

Skylar was somewhat taken aback when the man he'd catapulted went farther than expected. Either his wind blast had been more powerful than he'd intended, or... No, there it was. He could feel the eddies in the air that bore Velvet's distinctive signature. He couldn't feel them until his own had died away.

He was about to say something about it when another blast of Velvet's wind magic slammed the man into the bottom of the lake. The Stormcaller gave a quiet chuckle and looked over at the girl, rubbing the back of his head a little sheepishly. "I guess you can take care of yourself, huh?" he said. Any further conversation was interrupted yet again as the fire mage - apparently he was telling the truth about that - erupted from the lake in a cloud of steam and hurled a fireball straight at Velvet, caught up in his rage. Skylar waved his hand neglectfully and the lake itself rose up, contemptuously slapping the fireball out of the air and absorbing it. When the water crashed down again, it flung the man onto the shore. He climbed painfully to his feet and looked like he was about to attack again, but the Stormcaller raised his hand.

The air thrummed with energy, and the sound of thunder tore the air as electricity sprang into existence, coiling in Skylar's hand and forming a spear of pure lightning, quivering with leashed, barely restrained fury. The fire mage took one look at the blindingly bright weapon and took off running as fast as he could, screaming something that was lost in the sound of humming energy and the dying remnants of thunder and roaring wind.

The Stormcaller let the lightning spear go and dusted off his palms, then looked at Velvet again. Suddenly, laughter bubbled out of him unbidden. Not the quiet chuckle he usually gave, but a full belly laugh, reminiscent of Velvet's laughter from just a minute ago.

IVYLEAF33

Current date/time is 8th May 2024, 6:46 pm