Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Tale of Two Weapons

SlayerMathis
    SlayerMathis

Mythical VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Christian Minecraft Server- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Bladesmaster
    Position : None
    Guild : Meliora Vitae
    Cosmic Coins : 300
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 658,820

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Blade Summoning
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

A Tale of Two Weapons Empty A Tale of Two Weapons

Post by SlayerMathis 11th January 2020, 7:54 pm

In the short few weeks since joining the mountaintop guild, Mathis had already established himself into a mechanical routine, like clockwork. He would wake up at five in the morning, before the sun even rose, meditate for half an hour, eat a quick breakfast, and head to the training yard with his specially-created training dummy to hone his weapon skills. He would close his eyes, focusing all of his concentration on delivering a swift flurry of strikes. Bursting open his eyes, he dashed forwards, delivering three supersonic slashes of his sword before it would shift into a pair of tonfa, battering it a number of more times at speeds that were difficult to keep track of. Sliding out of the way of the quick laser that fired forth from the dummy, the tonfa then morphed into a bow, as he fired arrows formed by the magic in the air into the dummy. After two quick shots of three arrows each, the bow would once more morph into a large cannon, firing a beam of light into the dummy's head. Before waiting to see the results, he dashed in once more, the cannon having now taken the form of dual scythes, which ferociously swiped against it. He vaulted over the dummy, having once more transformed Monado, this time into the form of a pair of machine pistols, which rained bullets down from the sky on top of the dummy. Then, once more transforming Monado into a cannon, he fired it into the sky, sending him hurtling towards the dummy below as Monado shifted into a spear. He impaled it in the head, finished with his first exercise. He looked at the chest of the training dummy.

Damage: 784 953
    Time Alloted: 0.79425 minutes.

Mathis sighed. It was a weak performance. Removing Monado from the head of the dummy, it morphed once more into its default state of a sword as he took a seat on a nearby rock. He rigorously inspected it, seeing if there was any damage to be seen. As always, it seemed to be in perfect condition, so it looked like the first three inspections. On the fourth, however, he would notice a small, barely visible crack above the purple gemstone that allowed Monado to hold all of its power.

"I see. It appears as though I must keep better condition of my weapon. Should this grow any larger, it may run the risk of destruction." He sighed, taking a look up. "You may show yourself, Ella-san."

WC: 420

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A Tale of Two Weapons DcM8us5

[center]Mathis Lora | Blademaster Lineage | Monado | Magic | Poppi
    Ella
    Ella

Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Frostfire
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 0

A Tale of Two Weapons Empty Re: A Tale of Two Weapons

Post by Ella 11th January 2020, 8:48 pm

A Tale of Two Weapons BpQOIvp
    Despite Ella’s general lazy appearing attitude she was not one to sleep in or waste time, rather she preferred to train and hone her body to ensure she would stay strong enough to wield her ridiculously oversized hunk of metal. The green-eyed beauty had woken at the break of dawn, rising with the sun in order to get some exercise in before she got to work on her latest project. Whilst still in her sleeping gear, consisting of basic black shorts and a matching black tank top she would start her daily routine. Thanks to Silver Wolf’s magical rooms that would change to suit the person living within, Ella’s room was filled with various exercise equipment along with a work bench for when she needed to work in peace rather than with everyone else in the blacksmithery. She had chosen a room with a view to the training yards, so that whilst using her lacrima fuelled treadmill she could observe people at work, hoping that seeing them in action would help to inspire her and fill her with future project ideas.

As such she had been jogging on the spot, staring out the window when she spied someone she recognised instantly. She grinned at the chance to annoy the man, something about his uptight demeanor fascinated her. Figuring she would make up for ruining her usual routine later Ella quickly threw on a grey hooded sweatshirt and her trainers before racing outside to the training ground, leaving Shifty in her room for once. As she turned around the final corner and entered the training yard she would arrive just in time to see his weapon transform not once but multiple times as he slashed and fired at the training dummy with various attacks. Her eyes grew wider, as she half watched, spying on him from around the corner. She had no idea it could do that, then again she had never really paid that much attention to the sword, figuring it was just like any other. It seemed the two of them had more in common than Ella thought.

It seemed he was aware of her presence though as he would soon acknowledge her, calling her ‘Ella-san’ something that she really didn’t understand.

“It’s just Ella.” She stated flatly, rolling her eyes as she walked out from behind the corner. It was a lie, her full name was Eleanor, but if he found out she was certain he would call her that instead, which made her want to barf. It wasn’t that she hated her name, it just wasn’t as cute as her nickname and tended to only be used by her parents when they were angry with her. That was when her emerald eyes shifted from the man’s face and down to the weapon in his hands, her face practically glowing as she thought about getting to pull it apart to find out how it worked. Was it like her own design or was it different?

“Anywaaaaayyy….” Ella slowly sauntered over, her eyes never leaving the man’s weapon even once, “That’s a pretty cool sword you got there, is it okay if I take a look at it?” She asked, clasping both her hands together and looking up into Mathis’ eyes, her own ones filled with plea as she tried to look as adorable and innocent as she possibly could with the hopes he would say yes.
    WC: 568 | TWC: 568
    JWC:988/7000 (B-Rank)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

SlayerMathis
    SlayerMathis

Mythical VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Christian Minecraft Server- Magic Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by SlayerMathis 12th January 2020, 1:57 am

Ella’s eyes gleamed at the sight of Monado, and her request to take a look at it confirmed Mathis’s suspicions that she was curious about the weapon. It made sense, after all. She had her own weapon, though she was not carrying it at present. “I do not mind if you examine Monado, Ella-san. Perhaps it is strange for me to say, but I do not myself know the intricacies of my own weapon.” He smirked to himself for a moment. “And you do not need to try to entice me. Merely asking is sufficient. I may not look the part, but I have travelled and fought across the world for over two thousand years, though the exact number slips my mind. I have had many experiences with those attempting to appeal to me. Of course, I have noticed that you are without your own weapon, Ella-san. ‘Shifty,’ I believe you claimed it was called? I simply ask for an exchange. I shall let you inspect Monado if you allow me to inspect your own weapon. Fear not, I do not propose this to be a permanent trade, rather that it is a trade of information. That is what Silver Wolf is about, is it not? If you wish for this trade, please acquire your weapon. I shall not leave from this yard.”

Having said that, he lifted Monado up once more, tapping a few buttons on the training dummy. Metallic arms sprung out of its chest, tools in hand. Mathis pointed at the small crack, and the machines instantly went to work. The tips of each appendage released a small amount of nano-bytes that dug into Monado, repairing the small amount of damage present. While the origins of Monado was unknown, he had crafted the dummy himself, as well as the repairing aspects of it. It proved useful in such situations as this, and he smiled at the work his invention did as he waited for Ella’s response.

WC: 329
    TWC: 749

Ella
    Ella

Player 

Post by Ella 12th January 2020, 10:48 pm

If it were any other time Ella would cringe at him continuing to use the honorific, however, she was far too excited at the chance to examine a weapon other than her own. When he mentioned wanting to see Shifty in return she would start nodding enthusiastically.

“That seems only fair, give me a sec!”
    She gushed excitedly before charging off back to her dormitory to grab her beloved hunk of metal before rushing back as quickly as she possibly could. Luckily her room wasn’t too far, and she would return within a couple minutes, eagerly offering over Shifty in return for Monado as he had called it. Ella of course would never give away her weapon to a complete stranger, however, she trusted Mathis as he had been the one to rescue her from the snowstorm. That he was going to trust her in return with his own weapon, something she didn’t take lightly. She knew how important such things could be to someone.

She did find it fascinating that he didn’t know the details on how his weapon worked, that meant he had definitely not forged it himself. It also meant she would have the unique opportunity of perhaps helping him to understand it, if she herself managed to of course. If she couldn’t figure it out then she would definitely ask if they could perhaps do some further research together on the subject. First things first, of course, she wanted to show off her own invention.

“Alright so these buttons here,”
    Ella pointed to the multiple trigger systems that her oversized gun appeared to have, “They’re what allow Shifty to change forms, and each of them have their own uniqueness. I created it in order to be able to attack at various ranges as effectively as possible. Of course the longer it fires the more energy is spent trying to make the shot precise.” She explained, before moving onto what appeared to be even more buttons on the back of the gun itself.

“Now these ones are special, they are a part of every form as well and let Shifty’s attacks do various other things, so far I’ve managed to make a bullet that is able to penetrate most defenses and another that does quite a bit of damage and locks down an enemy. Of course it’s not yet perfected, that’s why I came here to Silver Wolf. Feel free to give it a shot if you’d like” She finished smiling with glee at the opportunity to discuss her beloved Shifty.

“Well that and there’s another project I want to work on, but I didn’t have the tools, equipment, or materials available back home.”
    She mumbled more to herself than Mathis while waiting to see what Mathis had to say about her own weapon as well as his own.
    WC: 472 | TWC: 1040
    JWC:1789/7000 (B-Rank)

SlayerMathis
    SlayerMathis

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by SlayerMathis 13th January 2020, 7:19 am

The weapon that Ella had presented to Mathis was of fine craftsmanship, to be certain "I presume you made this weapon yourself, Ella? It is a wonderful work, and it pains me to same that the same cannot be said of me with Monado. I merely acquired Monado from my homeland before it sank into the seas. While my blade is as old as time, yours is new. It is a unique design, different from the ones of Alrest and of some of the other lands I have traveled to."

He took hold of the weapon, testing out each setting and seeing what they registered on the dummy. While they were impressive numbers for sure, much higher than the standard-grade ordinance of the armies he had seen throughout the world, they paled in comparison to the strength of Monado.

"Truly you have made an impressive work of weaponry, especially for one of your youth. I apologize for my presumptuous behavior, but may I make some small alterations?" At her agreeance, he nodded and bowed, apologizing briefly. Despite the impressive size of the metallic cannon, Mathis easily snapped through the middle of it with a simple downward movement of his left hand. "The material in the center is flimsy. I suppose more accurate would be to say that the composition of the materials within is lackluster. I have demonstrated the ease that it can break with enough force. Be glad that you have learned this knowledge in a circumstance as this as opposed to the throes of battle. Of course, there is an easy fix." He tapped the middle of his hand twice in quick succession, and the dummy hovered over slowly. Fiddling with a number of the buttons hosted in the chest of the machine, quickly gathering what appeared to be a needle and thread. "At present, you are using magisteel. That is not the issue. Magisteel is strong in cases where one fights against those of lesser power. However, that is of the most common form of magisteel, what we in my homeland call 'Unwoven Magisteel.' As your machine runs purely off of mechanical means, as opposed to the magical integration many weapons from my home bear, I am unfortunately unable to bring Shifty to the heights of power, with a simple fix. Monado is a durable blade, though in the few moments where I have had the luxury of seeing within its inner workings, I have noticed a unique composition within the blade's architecture. The material itself is unknown, and the inner build of the material itself is in a strange form. The thinnest many are able to manipulate objects is to the nearest atom. However, whatever material Monado is made of seems to be thinner woven than that with each thread, yet it is stacked to the brim. The material is of an unknown origin as well. As for what I am doing to Shifty, at present I am bolstering the resistance the center has by weaving the Magisteel from an 'Unwoven' state to a 'Tempered Weave.' Without creating a weapon from scratch and meticulously weaving each inch, a 'Tempered Weave' is the greatest the smiths of my land have been able to create. It is not to the limits of the 'Royal Weave' or 'Aegis Weave,' but that is not to say 'Tempered' is of ill repute."

As he was explaining, he was laser-focused on the needle and thread, weaving each particle of metal to bend and shape to the whims of the artisan. The break slowly but surely mended, until it looked no different from before. To prove the strength of his ability, he quickly grabbed a nearby sword of lesser quality, as he had many times proven that Monado could strike even through Aegis Weave, and swung it fiercely at the metallic beast. The sword shattered into many pieces while Shifty remained unscathed.

"I must apologize if I speak at length. In my many years, I have grown a fascination with crafting and the art of weaponry. As I can tell, Shifty uses a Core-7 Ethernano Converter. While it would be ideal to improve to a Core-8 or Core-10, a Core-7 is rare in my experience. For future use, be wary of Core-9 Ethernano Converters. The ninth core in many mass productions shifts by roughly four tenths of a nanometer each usage. In terms of raw power, this allows it to exhibit more strength than a Core-10, but it wears out much quicker. A Core-7 is generally a reliable sort as well, though there is a certain risk of overheating or a loss of energy. The Core-7 uses a diamond shape, while it is more efficient to use a pentagonal shape. I would not often recommend that others do this, but chipping away precisely at the converter allows for a more efficient collection of ethernano from the air. The power is unchanged, but the charge of the ranged capabilities is improved by a full tenth of a second."

Like with the thread, as he said this, he cracked open the port leading to the core of the machine, revealing the converter. Once more tapping on the dummy's chest, it revealed a paper-thin chisel, which Mathis slowly worked to chip away at the core, altering the shape ever so slightly until it finally reached a near-perfect pentagonal shape.

"As saddening as it is, perhaps the most important function of a weapon is the capabilities it has towards ending the life of a foe or incapacitating them for the battle. There are multiple ways to improve this, including magisteel weaving, though it is not the most effective form of improving damage output. The mechanism you have in place for the transfer of ethernano from the converter to the conduit is impressive, though a slight alteration can be made to the pathing. Merely moving this wire down four micrometers should improve the stability of the stored power. In terms of someone of your age crafting something with this much detail and precision is impressive, for certain, though someone of greater repute than I could certainly change this weapon from how powerful you have crafted it into a weapon of mythical repute. While the wiring is now more ideal, there is still the issue of the weapon itself. The conduit is a Bismarck-IV Hyperconductor, which is set for a design around loose energy firing. Bismarck-Class conduits are most often utilized at the end of the barrel of a weapon, while the design of Shifty is more adept for use with a railgun. If supplies were available, the Bismarck could be swapped for a Nobunaga-Class, likely a Nobunaga I.X., though Nobunaga-Class Conduits are rare. Bismarck-Classes, fortunately, are not difficult to synchronize with a railgun. Once more, weaving may be used to fix the rail, as would a change in material from Magisteel to, as my people have called it, 'Argentum,' though weaving is not ideal and Argentum is rare, even in my home. Rather, more ideal would be the adjustment to reduce the amount of drift the bursts carry. A quick shortening of three-and-a-half picometers on each rail, bringing the rails a total of seven picometers closer, is the first step. Of more import, however, is the reduction in temperature. Ensuring that the rails are perfectly level with their angle is the first thing to note, though it is a quick fix, yet there is but one more change to be made. Once the rails are level, coating them evenly with a substance my people have called 'Morythian Sap' stabilizes the temperature the energy bursts are fired from. Using a Khaganate-Class Conduit would merely reduce the spread of the weapons, as Khaganate-Class Conduits are designed for faster fire. Due to your using of a Bismarck-class Conduit, the reduction of temperature, rather than reduce drift after release from the rails, contains the ether within the rails, allowing more retention of energy before the moment of firing."

Still maintaining his focus on the weapon as opposed to the girl he was speaking to, he began to work away. As he opened the side plating of Shifty, he once more took the needle from the Weaving and shifted a wire a shorter distance than the eye could see. He then pulled a wrench out from the dummy, seemingly not moving his hand as he claimed to make his adjustment. Finally, he pulled a small jar out from the dummy's chest, rubbing the jelly-like substance along the insides of the cannon after briefly running his hand over each rail, stopping on occasion to shift and even out the rails towards their angle.

He handed the jar of Morythian Sap to Ella, saying, "In spite of the strange name, Morythian Sap is not a difficult material to acquire. A well-mixed combination of tree sap, bark, and magisteel heated in a forge for three-and-a-half hours creates the substance. I apologize that it is slightly difficult to get used to the proper timing, though it is easy upon routine. I as well apologize for the adjustments made to your weapon. You had said that you wished to perfect the weapon. Had I taken the path of the crafter as opposed to that of the warrior, I may have been able to fulfill that request. I humbly apologize."

He bowed at the waist, quickly showing an example of the new power Shifty held. Where the dummy once showed a damage score of 30 208, it now displayed a 90 503. Mathis explained that, as the dummy was designed for precision, the scores may vary slightly, though the combat capabilities would still be relatively unchanged. He apologized once more, bowing as he handed Shifty back to Ella.

WC: 1619
    TWC: 2368

Ella
    Ella

Player 

Post by Ella 15th January 2020, 4:48 am

For once in her life Ella found herself actually giving her full attention to someone else’s words rather than drifting off into her own thoughts. At first he had simply complimented her on her work and explained that Monado was not forged himself. Ella would look hesitant at first at his offer to make some adjustments to Shifty, afraid he would somehow ruin her beloved weapon, but something about the man’s words seemed that he legitimately knew what he was doing and how he could make it more powerful and she wasn’t about to let this sort of opportunity go to waste. Worst case scenario she would have to make a few more changes to Shifty in order to get it to work as she preferred.

Ella watched and listened carefully as Mathis explained in detail where Shifty was flawed and how he would suggest improving it. He mentioned the material used, and he wasn’t wrong, she had never really had access to high quality ores, at least not for wasting on her own inventions, they would always be used in order to make money back home. Ella would nod occasionally as he spoke about Monado and how despite his best efforts to pull it apart he still didn’t know the exact material that it used. However, he did know some details about it, to which the young mage greatly appreciated learning about weaving the material in order to increase its strength. She would have to remember to use such a technique once she started her next project.

Upon seeing Mathis pick up a regular sword and swung it at her beloved weapon there was a small amount of fear in her eyes, however, upon seeing Shifty completely shatter it without a single mark left on her beasty, her emerald eyes would glimmer back at Mathis and a huge grin would be plastered on her face.

“Wow…” was all she could say before Mathis continued, and she quickly gave her attention back to his voice, afraid she would miss something important. When she had first thought of coming to Silver Wolf she had known this place was filled with people that liked technology as much as herself, however, she had never imagined meeting someone who would actually take the time to help her improve her own skills. It was like a complete dream come true and for a moment she lost focus as she watched Mathis chip away at the core, altering its shape ever so slightly in order to optimise it. As he finished speaking she would shake her head.

“No need to apologise, what you’ve done is already a huge help! And thanks for the… er sap.”
    She added waving the jar he had handed to her slightly, as she watched him fire the weapon and noted that it seemed to have tripled in strength from the rather minor changes he had made. There were of course still plenty of upgrades she could give her beloved hunk of metal, but it was definitely far stronger than it had been earlier that day and she could honestly not have been happier. In fact the whole ordeal had given her a great idea.

“Oh actually, I know you said you’re not much of a crafter, but your knowledge and expertise would be very much appreciated. You see, I have a few plans in my room for a robot of sorts, different from my regular spiderling drones that I have now, more… able to think for itself?” She paused wondering if that was the best way to explain it before continuing, “Would you be willing to have a look and help me with it?” She asked, still wanting to learn even more about Monado, but sidetracked a little as now she could potentially have someone mentor her in the field. If he knew this much about weaponry, perhaps he would know a thing or two about robotics as well. So far she knew it was someone similar, however, she had only ever made things that had one or two functions, making them simple and easy to command. What she had planned was definitely going to take at least three months to complete for sure, even if there were no delays, and Ella knew that there were always delays.
    WC: 717 | TWC: 1757
    JWC:4125/7000 (B-Rank)

SlayerMathis
    SlayerMathis

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by SlayerMathis 15th January 2020, 9:38 am

Ella's tone seemed to have completely shifted from that which she used at their first few interactions. It was understandable, Mathis supposed. He had taken his time to improve a work of honest craftsmanship, and she seemed appreciative for his crafting knowledge. A part of him had still wished that he had taken the path of the Craftsman, as opposed to that of the Warrior, but his...circumstances forced him into a path he had little desire to tread. Perhaps as a result of the role he was forced into, he had forged an interest in the weapons he used, especially one as mysterious and shaded in fables as Monado.

"Ah, work with more...automatic operations, is it? I ask that you forgive my lackluster knowledge on automatons as opposed to my knowledge on weaponry. My time spent honing and maintaining Monado, as well as the work I have done in attempts to uncover some of its many secrets, has left me in a state of attrition on my ability to create or maintain automatons." A slight grin crept up on the man's face. "Although I suppose I have said the same of my work on weaponry. In truth, I myself have a project I have been working on that may perhaps be similar to what you are attempting. While I have had many years to work on its craft, I still would not say that it is quite complete. Nonetheless, I shall assist you with your work first, however, should you be interested in my own works, I would be glad to have you see my own works. Of course, I shall first assist you with your tasks. I do sincerely apologize if I seem overly prideful when I say this, but it seems more likely that I would be able to assist you in your works than you with mine. Such is the way of one with as much experience as myself."

Mathis had found himself feeling a certain sense of satisfaction with this turn of events. The girl he had found on the way to Silver Wolf in the freezing cold now had a chipper attitude about herself, and it seemed as if she shared a similar interest in the craftsmanship of war as himself. Even in spite of his own work, he had his apprehensions about creating and crafting effectively living beings. Automatons, he called them, but his people knew them by a different name and a different identity. Such creations in Alrest were made for the sole purpose of killing others. They were nothing more than tools of war. Mathis himself had few qualms with the use of weapons of war. He was the wielder of Monado, after all. However, the truest reservation came from the result of his own being.

As they traveled towards where Ella had her own project underway that Mathis was to assist with, he asked yet another question. "I apologize once more for the strange question, Ella-san. However, this is knowledge I believe I must know before I teach you anything more.  Have you ever taken a life? Snuffed out the flames of their burning life before it can peter out?" His voice grew dour and soft. "Have you ever needed to look a loved one in the eyes as you killed them?" He let his words hang in the air a moment before continuing. "These things are important if you are to be an expert in battle. As beneficial as a crafter is, warriors are much more needed. For those of my - no - our talents, we must be both. And the path of the warrior leaves no room for apprehension."

WC: 611
    TWC: 2979

Ella
    Ella

Player 

Post by Ella 21st January 2020, 6:59 am

Bella would be a little saddened that his knowledge on crafting was not as strong as that of his fighting prowess, but she supposed everyone had their strengths and it was true that she had not seen much in the way of battles. So when the question arose about her taking a life she would have to think for a moment. She recalled a time she had been forced to help deal with a wave of beasts that had attempted to attack her village, but other than that there had not been much reason for her to take the life of any creature.

“I have helped take down a beast or two, but not much in my line of work calls for me to actually do battle with beasts, let alone fellow humans. So, animal life, yes, human life, no.” Ella answered, keeping her response fairly short, as she didn’t really want to go into too much detail. She knew HOW to wield her weapon and had trained her body somewhat to fight if the time called for it, but she hadn’t really used that knowledge for heated life or death situations. The way he had asked his questions though, made the young dark skinned maiden believe that this man before her had definitely seen quite a bit of death, something that did intimidate her a bit. It wasn’t like he was wrong either, becoming an expert in battle would help her crafting immensely as she would learn soon enough the strength and weaknesses of her weaponry and how to improve upon it correctly afterwards.

“You sound like you have… done those things..” Ella muttered quietly, more to herself, but loud enough that Mathis would definitely hear her speak. She was fairly confident he had, but she still wanted to hear it straight from him before she’d completely believe that this man could slay someone just because he deemed it necessary. She would nervously fidget with her hands as she waited for him to speak.
    WC: 335 | TWC: 2092
    JWC:5071/7000 (B-Rank)

SlayerMathis
    SlayerMathis

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by SlayerMathis 22nd April 2020, 6:36 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP780/780
    MP400/400
    Speed82.5m/s
    Strength155.5
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    Damage Taken:N/A
    Healing:N/A
    MP Used:N/A
    Buffs:N/A
    Other Notes:N/A
    ~

Mathis closed his eyes and sighed. "Apologies for the serious moment, Ella-san. Just...ruminating on my past, I suppose. Nothing you should be concerned about. I will say that killing a man is different from cutting down a beast, yet they are not all too dissimilar. Remember, and you will be fine." He gave a soft smile. "While I will still admit that I am by no means an expert on matters of automatons, I believe I may have a working prototype of my own creation that I shall allow you to inspect. If you would be so kind as to not mess with any of the mechanisms Poppi bears, however. This is, after all, merely a prototype on the full capabilities."

Entering the room where Ella had her own project, Mathis looked around. It certainly looked like a well-used and well-loved area. Just as he thought, however, Poppi popped in shortly afterwards, still missing some major features.

"Poppi heard that Master has called for her!" she cheery artificial Blade stated, curtsying. Mathis hoped that he could fix the strange personality Poppi had in his final touches. The strange manner it had of speaking was offputting for Mathis, though he had an inkling in the back of his mind that he would be able to get used to, or at least tolerate, the personality so long as Poppi's battle capabilities were well-stocked and well-used.

"As she says, this is Poppi. Her creation has been that pet project I have mentioned before. Her temperament is...questionable, however I slightly loathe the prospect of accidentally altering the combat capabilities for a more fundamental personality. The people who I acquired Poppi's combat AI from were...odd, to say the least. They are certainly a strange folk, them."

"Poppi assumes that this is Ella? Master has spoken of you several times as a possible apprentice. Master has taken a great interest in your weapon, and he hopes that you, in time, are able to use it to its fullest capability!"

Mathis sighed. "Apparently the creators of this AI failed to install protocols on keeping secrets and confidentiality, but that is of little matter. However, what she says is true. Your weapon has intrigued me, and you seem to be a smart woman. If you wish it, I would be willing to teach you what I know for the sake of your own learning, however I find that I, too, may be able to learn something from interactions with each other as well. Knowing that you, too, are working on automatons is a bigger boon, as it may assist me in helping Poppi's growth, or perhaps we may share tips in such creations. If it is your desire, I am willing to oblige."

He nodded his head in reverence for a moment before Poppi interjected once more. "Master is not too keen on providing compliments of this manner to many, which means that he is very serious! While Master is certainly looking for a good apprentice, Poppi wishes to be friends with people! Right now, Poppi only knows Master, and Master is a boring person. Ella seems like a more interesting person than Master, so Poppi wants to be friends with Ella!"

Truly, this mysterious AI had little regard for courtesy. "I am boring, am I? I do not believe I can think the same way as you, Poppi. Either way, the opinions towards my personality matter little. What matters is how capable the combat I provide is."

Poppi giggled slightly. "See what Poppi means? Master is very boring. Master only cares about combat and technology, but he still is offering apprenticeship if Ella wants. Poppi wants Ella to accept, but Poppi will wait for Ella's answer."

WC: 0619 | TWC: 3598

Template Made by Pokomon
    Edited by SlayerMathis

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 10:19 pm