Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The First Step (Intro)

The First Step (Intro) Empty The First Step (Intro)

Post by Guest 14th November 2019, 6:03 am

The trip across the sea hadn’t been all that interesting and by the time that the ship had reached its destination, the crew were more than happy to see the back of their red headed passenger. There hadn’t been all that much to do and so Sienna had spent most of her time bothering most of the crew, asking them an almost endless list of questions that would probably drive anyone mad. Oh, she wasn’t malicious or anything, just curious beyond and belief, a trait that not everyone was able to handle. Still, the young mage had learned quite a lot about the lives of sailors and although it wasn’t the life for her. It had been fascinating to hear their tales nonetheless. Hopefully though, she wouldn’t have to board another ship for a while, as she had definitely had her fill of it for now.

Why had she come all the way to Tolgalen? Well, besides her natural desire to visit new places, she’d finally decided to hook up with a guild, after what felt like an age of debating and arguing with herself about it. It wasn’t as if she didn’t like the idea, just the fact that there were so many that interested her and she’d felt that she could have quite happily joined a number of them and done pretty well. However, there was one aspect of many guilds that just didn’t sit right with her and that was what had eventually been key. So many spoke about either being strictly light or dark and that was something that Sienna just didn’t believe. Everyone had light and dark inside them and to focus on just one half seemed kind of silly to her. Yet, the West Fiore Trading Company didn’t seem to even mention those ideals at all and that was what had caught the redhead’s attention.

After quietly asking one of the dock workers for directions, Sienna was soon on her way towards the headquarters, having to fight off the urge to make small talk with everyone she passed. She’d be there all day otherwise although she made a mental note to come back and introduce herself to the locals. They all seemed kind and friendly anyway, which was enough to bring a smile to the girl’s face. She’d been wandering for some time now and truly loved that life but having a place to call her own was a comforting thought for her. Somewhere she could always return to, when her travelling was done. She only hoped that the guild would be able to help her with that.

Eventually, she reached the largest building in the area and assuming that it was the HQ, Sienna would cheerfully enter and head towards the front desk. The foyer was beautifully decorated and it was hard for the for the redhead not to be in awe but after shaking her head for a moment or two, she managed to recompose herself and focus on her task at hand.

As she approached, a brunette haired woman looked up from her paperwork and smiled up at her, “Hello there, welcome to The West Fiore Trading Company. How may I help you?”

“I’d like to join the company, if I may,” Sienna answered without a second thought, her excitement levels building a little.

“A new recruit, huh?” The woman answered with a chuckle, “I see. You will need to talk to someone higher up for that. Please give me a few minutes and I will make a call.”

“Thanks,”
    Sienna answered with a grin, before wandering off and taking a seat, humming to herself as she waited.

(608 Words)
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Main Account- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Dragonfly Healer
    Position : None
    Guild : Onyx Moon
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 494,070

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The First Step (Intro) Empty Re: The First Step (Intro)

Post by Haraka Omaras 15th November 2019, 1:58 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

Today had been a busy day so far. In the very early hours of the morning when the moon was still steeped in the sky she had been talking work with a few merchants and filling papers, as well as handing over a few boxes worth of goods that the woman had made and packed for shipment and sales. Shipping and selling was something the ice blue skinned person had dealt with tons of times. This wasn't new, nor that difficult. The harder and newer things involved the paperwork. This wasn't something the elder Omaras was all that used to. This wasn't a bad thing though, it simply meant a new skill to gain. Who knew the ability to do paperwork quickly was an actual skill all on it's own? Not this woman, not until becoming a vice president. After that? It was a shift at the hospital. This wasn't something new, nor was it a terrible thing. She lived for treating others and researching medicine. When she did get off her shift? The day was out and in full play. That told her that it hadn't been a short amount of time, but this wasn't a bad thing. It was deeply loved work that made it harder to remember to care for her own health. This meant she was typically leaving her shift feeling very hungry, which is why the large white bag over her shoulder had a lot of foods and some drink inside.

This helped her mood stay good, even when hunger was threatening their mood. Then her phone rang, an uncommon thing. It was a call from the desk saying there was someone new that wanted to join the guild. The call was short, a new goal in Harakas mind. That was still going to be work, but at least it wasn't likely to last too long. Meeting new people was always nice too, especially someone that would possibly become as new ally added to the guild. The west fiore trading company member made her way towards the main building, quietly making her way towards the front desk. The red hair stood out, but that just meant the new comer was easy to spot. The half ice dragon stopped walking as soon as she was close enough to properly communicate with the stranger, giving her best gentle smile. The voice that came out was soft, a little quiet, and a little gentle.
    "Hello there, my name is Haraka Omaras and I am one of the vice presidents of the guild. May I help you?" Of course even if  this  girl was at the front desk, she still had to confirm that this was the right person.

The Blood of death kept me breathing. From that fluid birthed a new rhythm.

Words: 450

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Harakas Bank] [Profile] [Ulhar Relgim] [Ice Dragon Slayer(2nd Gen)] [Second Heart] [Death Fae Doctor] [Characters Theme Song]
    The First Step (Intro) SnakeWeaver

Post by Guest 16th November 2019, 5:58 am

As she waited, Sienna briefly pondered about just what she might be getting into. Oh yes, she desperately wanted to join the guild but she wondered if there would be more to it then simply asking to join and being given the OK. It wasn’t something that she’d thought about that much during her journey here and it was only now that she was going to meet someone in authority that the idea suddenly came to her. She wasn’t afraid of a challenge and didn’t expect her possible future as a member to be all sunshine and rainbows but what if she had to pay to join? That was actually a more bothersome thought than anything else, as the redhead didn’t have all that much in the way of funds. She’d spent most of what she had on the trip and no doubt her gambling with the crew hadn’t exactly helped her jewel balance either. They’d probably cheated but she’d been too kind hearted to argue and had simply kept playing.

Her thoughts were pushed to the back of her mind as a voice gently penetrated through them and the redhead naturally turned her head towards the speaker. Standing before her was a rather exotic looking figure and with a smile, Sienna stood up from the chair and turned towards her. The soft tone of the stranger helped ease any nerves she had although if she was honest, there weren't that many. She was feeling more excited than anything and the chance to meet one of the vice presidents of the guild only caused the excitement to increase a little. Truthfully, she hadn’t expected to be greeted by such a high ranked member of the guild so soon but the blue eyed girl took it as a compliment, rather than a source of nervousness.

“Hi there,” she answered brightly, “My name is Sienna Keegan and I was hoping that I could join the company. I don’t have all that much money if a payment is required but I hope that will not be a problem.” She figured that it would be best just to be upfront about her concern and the redhead had never been much good at hiding what she thought or felt anyway. As she spoke, she could feel a slight spark of warmth from within her, as though her companions agreed with her choice. They were an unusual bunch although they had never steered her wrong.

(409 Words)
    (1017 Total WC)
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Main Account- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 16th November 2019, 2:14 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

The smile never faded, the focus on the other remaining for the most part. This only changed upon hearing the sound of quick moving little footsteps. The mixed blood turned a bit, holding her arms out but not leaning down. A very young red headed child ran over, jumping all the way up into the womans arms into the awaiting arms. The young demon jumped into the adults awaiting arms before crawling up their parental figure until he found a shoulder to sit on. "Hi mommy." Ran from the babysitter? Likely knew when their parent was getting out of their shift. She let out a sigh. "Hello sweetie. Next time stay with the babysitter until I return. Mommy is still busy working." Still, the small boy was very adorable. Harakas focus returned to Sienna, feeling sure that the tiny child would stay in place for now. He would need to talk with the clam later. It was adorable and harmless now, but it was still better to make sure that he understands rules and boundaries. The sooner that was understood, the better he would be at understanding them when he was older. The young looking lady wanted her child to grow up to be a nice man.

He was sweet now, but the wrong lessons could rob him of future potential, as could not explaining things well enough.
    "I'm sorry, my son is very young and doesn't fully understand everything yet. This tiny one is William, he is a very smart one year old." But is still young enough where it was more than understandable if they weren't fully patient or understanding of a situation. "Anyway, it doesn't cost any money to join the guild. I will need to give you a test, I hope you're okay with that. What do you know about trades or goods?" Now it was time for the elder Omaras to figure out what sort of test to give her. This wasn't a one size fits all sort of thing, different people would get different tests. This is why she was asking questions, to find out what to do next. Of course there was also a want to get this done quicker, both for the girl and for her own child that was wanting to spend time together. She was sure that Keegan was eager to join, it certainly seemed as much so far. Also, Haraka was still hungry. She wanted to eat to her hearts content until the nearly endless space of her stomach was filled to it's limit.

Words: 425
    My Total: 875

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Harakas Bank] [Profile] [Ulhar Relgim] [Ice Dragon Slayer(2nd Gen)] [Second Heart] [Death Fae Doctor] [Characters Theme Song]

Post by Guest 17th November 2019, 7:11 am

The redheaded teenager had to smile as the young boy suddenly interrupted the conversation and jumped into Haraka’s arms. He was a cutie and Sienna had to chuckle at just how cheerful he was, before her eyes returned to the vice president. When she was apologised to, Sienna simply shook her head, “Not to worry,” before adding to the boy, “Hi William, nice to meet you.” The little exchange actually kind of reinforced the idea that she had made the choice when it came to finding a guild. The blue eyed girl was not desperately seeking a family vibe but it was a pleasant sensation nonetheless and made her feel even more welcome. She’d been wandering for quite some time by herself by this point and perhaps growing some roots in one place for a while was something that maybe she did want, deep down. Anyway, her attention soon returned to the conversation at hand and to hear that a fee was not required caused a slight sigh of relief to escape her. The idea of a test was rather exciting and she didn’t have an issue with taking one.

“I’d rather take a test then pay,” Sienna answered with a grin, “As for what I know about trading and goods, well, my knowledge is a little limited, I'm afraid. I’ve met my fair share of peddlers during my time on the road and occasionally travelled and protected them but I don’t have much knowledge about how an organisation like yours works. I suppose I’ve been more of an adventurer than a trader if I’m honest although I’m eager to learn more about how the trading business works. I’m always looking to add more strings to my bow.” There wasn’t any deception in her words and she simply spoke from the heart. Her experiences with the world of business were far more limited than most and given her record when it comes to jewels, she was definitely not the greatest accountant either. Her magic wasn’t exactly the most subtle either but it did a fine job when it came to defending others, as well as herself.

‘You’re more likely to bankrupt the place,’ Sienna mused to herself dryly although the thought brought a wry smile to her face. As long as she didn’t touch the guild funds things would be fine, she hoped anyway. Her thoughts would then shift towards just what this test might be and the redhead pondered to herself that it would hopefully be nothing to do with mathematics or anything like that.

(427 Words)
    (1444 Total WC)
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 18th November 2019, 6:33 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

The small boy looked towards the stranger, big and curious eyes staring a bit. While not speaking words towards her, a tiny hand let go of his parental figure to give a little wave. The youth could talk, but was deciding to be quiet at this time. There would be more chatting from the clam if he saw her more, but for now they would treat the teen as a tall stranger. The elder Omaras was glad that the girl wasn't upset by the child. Then again her son tended to win people over with how sweet and shy he was. Or maybe it was the youth and innocence? No matter the reason it was just nice that being a parent didn't get in the way of doing her job too. "I like your honesty miss Keegan, now let's go." With that the woman started walking out of the building. It was nice to talk, but now it was time to get to where the test would take place. In this case it would be at a merchants ship. There was one family friend that had docked a few days ago. They would be ready to leave by tonight, but this meant there was time to poke them. That family friend still had training supplies in their ship that was being used to help teach some newbies the difference between qualities and fakes. If Sienna was an adventurer, that meant fighting was more than likely a strong suit. She sounded a bit young, but that was okay. There was nothing wrong with being young. It was something everyone was at some point after all.

Her steps were quiet, walking at a smooth and even a pace. There was no need to rush things, but there was still a place to go. The docks with the merchants was the current destination in mind.
    "I think you will find the guild is a place you will find a variety of jobs and people. You don't need to be a master of trade, but I would prefer to test you on a weak point rather than a strong one. I'm guessing as an adventurer you have more experience in combat than in trades?"

Words: 370
    Harakas Total: 1245

Post by Guest 19th November 2019, 6:35 am

To hear that she didn’t have to be a master of trade was a relief and Sienna was rather curious about just what this test would end up being. She followed Haraka as she began to walk away, a smile still stretched across her face. In truth, the redhead was beginning to like what she was hearing about the company in general and was confident that she could make a success of her time as a member although as what was still for her to figure out. If someone came up to her and asked her to value something, she wouldn’t have the slightest clue but she’d always been rather lucky and that had more than once got her out of a tight spot. As they walked, she’d simply gaze around at the lovely scenery around them, having developed a liking to Tolgalen rather quickly. It was a beautiful place and the idea that the company actually owned it was rather mind-blowing. A company owning an entire area? The idea was rather eye opening for Sienna and honestly, she hadn’t quite believe it until she’d actually set sail for the place and the crew had told her.

“I’ve been in quite a few scraps during my time on the road, yes,” she replied in response to Haraka’s question, “I’m a bit of an adrenaline junkie I suppose and I admit that I do enjoy a fight now and again although I know when to stop. I don’t have any desire to kill those that I fight if I can avoid it and I try to bring in my foes alive if I can. I know it’s not always possible but that’s always my aim. I’ve always felt that each life taken destroys a little more of the killer’s soul, if that makes sense.” Sienna didn’t know quite how to describe herself. A mercenary? A guardian? A protector? Any of those could probably work but she was still figuring out who she was in some respects. “I hope that the trading company has a similar view about such things?” It might have been a slightly difficult question for her to suddenly ask on the spot but it was one that she’d like an answer to. Sienna felt no hesitation about asking since Haraka had greeted and spoken to her in such a calm and gentle way.

(396 Words)
    (1840 Words)
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 19th November 2019, 6:18 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

It must be wonderful to still be so innocent. Keegan had easy to read emotions on her body language and face, her words easy to unfurl lots of information from. At least she seemed to be keeping her interest in everything, that was a good sign for things ahead. he pale ice blue skinned woman had to be sure to be honest, but gentle. This was something the woman tried to do all the time anyway, for they considered innocence to be a precious thing that could never be returned once it leaves. A persons first steps and words lead to more movement and curiosity. Sometimes it was easy to feel like you understand everything to some extent, or at least the biggest questions that one had to ask. But all of that was on the top of reality that had some variant of lights shining on them. Sometimes it happens to someone as an adult, sometimes as a small child. She was eight and a half the day the mixed blood had fallen from the blinding warm light of the reality that protected innocence. It had been a very long time since the being could stop herself from considering a multitude of negative possibilities and outcomes, or thinking someone might do a number of terrible things. Sometimes the worst thing a person can do is nothing bad at all. That innocence could never be returned to, for the surface one stood on before will never be reachable again. Even if someone gets out of the ocean below, the surface of innocence and light was made of a frail paper.

But the light outside of that place was just as real, even if it could be harder to find or achieve. Sometimes the light was something bitter sweet and one could only smile and hope the well practiced cheer keeps the cracks hidden away. But of course at this time Haraka was in quite a good mood, her quiet steps never faltering.
    "Everyone has their faults, and you might grow out of it when you get older. Then again refining it with time wouldn't be a bad thing either." There were certainly people who knew how to take the best advantage of the rush their body could give in certain situations. The elder Omaras had certainly seen a share of people that knew everything their body could and couldn't do and used adrenaline to help them push past those limitations. But you tend to see a lot after living for so long. "Everyone in The West Fiore Trading Company is a good person, but each one has their own beliefs. If you want to know what each one thinks of killing then you will have to ask them. If you want to know my beliefs on it, then it would be far more complicated and grey. I see death as part of the cycle that allows life to continue and thrive, but should be treated with as much complexity and respect as its counterpart." That was certainly a nice way to put it. There were many details that could be added, but that was the shorter and sweeter answer to what was a heavily jaded outlook on life. Talking about counterparts? The woman felt her gentler side coming through, causing her to change into a man.

It was easy to feel more gentleness crawl over when approaching certain people though, those most often being merchants. People whos family he had known since the destruction of his original homeland so long ago. Many generations had passed since then, a bittersweet knowledge of outliving so many he had grown too fond of. Having to learn how to deal with the sensation of such a loss was still hard. One thing about joining the guild though? The better he has got, the more clear things seem to get. Even if he had told himself he had kept enough distance from them to not get hurt again, it had been a pretty lie to help himself feel better about the loss. At the least there was typically a new and younger generation that took the place of the older one. In any case, he gave a gentle wave to the nearby merchant as the two started to approach ever closer. They weren't quite close enough yet, well not unless one of them decided to break into running. The white bearded old merchant looked over before smiling and giving a slight wave back.
    "Life is full of a complex amount of colors and hues."

Words: 759
    Harakas Total: 2004

Post by Guest 20th November 2019, 6:09 am

“I wouldn’t call feeling a buzz during a battle to be a fault myself and I hope it’s something that I don’t grow out of,” Sienna answered brightly, “It’s that spark that makes life worth living.” There was a noticeable relaxing of her shoulders as time wore on and any tension that she might have felt at the beginning had well and truly vanished by now. She was comfortable in her own skin anyway and it was rare that nerves ever actually had any real impact on her. The teenager may have only been young in the grand scheme of things but she didn’t feel as though she was naive to the world as a whole. She’d seen a fair bit during her time on the road and her eyes had already been opened somewhat to the wider world. Sure, there was so much left to explore but that didn’t mean that she was a raw novice, at least she didn’t think so anyway.

Haraka’s own views spoke volumes about her experiences and Sienna had to smile. It sounded almost like a circle of life kind of thing and was easy enough for the redhead to understand. There was life and there was death, with each being one side of the same coin. “Perhaps one day, I’ll share a similar view of the world, although I admit that right now, it sounds rather cold to me. No disrespect meant, of course.” It was a relief to hear that the company was more open minded when it came to beliefs though and the takeover mage was curious to know about the views of others on the topic, as well as everything else. The more she heard, the more her curiosity rose and she couldn’t help but think that her mind would be buzzing by the end of the day. Sleep was going to be hard to find.

She was rather surprised when Haraka suddenly seemed to change gender all of a sudden and the redhead’s eyebrows rose rather quickly. The young mage had never seen anything quite like that before and naturally, she simply had to ask about it, “Are you alright? You took me a little by surprise there.” That was a slight understatement but Sienna was genuinely confused by what she’d just seen. It didn’t seem like any spell that she’d seen before and almost appeared to her as though it was a natural kind of deal.

Her eyes would then be briefly drawn to the large merchant ships that were sporadically docked and a sort of wry grin would cross her features. Oh, they were lovely pieces of workmanship but the thought of having to ride on one to get back to the mainland at some point was enough to make her cringe. She was lucky not to have been driven mad from boredom the first time and a second trip might just be enough to set her over the edge. As the pair approached the merchants, she’d turn to Haraka and ask in a deadpan tone, “My test isn’t to try and steer one of these ships, is it?”

(523 Words)
    (2363 Words)
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 22nd November 2019, 6:06 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

"Even without the addiction cause, it can cause one to purposely seek dangerous situations, or to not be able to properly think even during situations where it's critical to do so." But the doctor wasn't going to give her an entire lecture on the negative possible effects adrenaline can bring, they just wanted to be sure the youth knew that it wasn't just something that had no chances of any negative consequences. Adrenaline wasn't bad, it was just something that one needed to be careful with, or at least know how to handle themselves. There were certainly people who were addicted to adrenaline to some extent but know how to handle it in their own ways. He wasn't sure how well she was in charge with it when the youth described it as the spark that made life 'worth living'. Then again it might be a mistake to take it too serious, as many around her age tended to more likely to give into things like a natural rush. There was a shake of the head. One day share the same views? "You never need to share my view. It's one that makes redemption and healing more reachable than anything black of and white, but it is certainly harsher and colder." The young looking man wouldn't pretend he wasn't jaded to some extent. No, it would be more accurate to say that the elder Omaras had certainly seen and heard enough in their long lived life to realize that sometimes the greatest 'heroes' and leaders kill more innocents than anyone else.

It's almost terrifying how willingly someone is to do something when they are certain they are in the morally right, or that they are attacking something bad or evil, or that deserves punishment. They will always charge at that target without question. When something or someone pops up that contradicts that sentiment the most likely thing for that person to do is to call that life an exception not the rule, then move on. These were the sort of thoughts that the doctor didn't want to pass on to the innocent that knew not how cold and cruel things can be, then people you thought you knew would cheer while you're burning alive. Nobody needs to know that fear.
    "...Anyway, I'm fine, why did you ask?" He wasn't sure why she did, she didn't really get descriptive. There wasn't any reason the mixed blood would have made any connections between her surprise and concern and the gender change. There was quite a few things going on at once. It was a good feeling when they arrived to their destination, the merchant laughing a bit. "I wouldn't let a little land legged lassy start handling my ship even for a family friend as old as Omaras."
    A bit of a laugh left the vice president as he waved one of his hands to signal a no. The hand went down as soon as the laughter died down. "I was going to ask if you'd let this new guild recruit test her skills on one of your trade training examples."

The merchants response was simply to laugh then nod before starting his way towards his ship. Harakas smile continued before starting to follow the man along."This way towards your test. It's simply testing your skills with telling items apart in quality and if you can spot fakes. Are you prepared?"

Words: 569
    Harakas Total: 2573

Post by Guest 23rd November 2019, 5:39 am

The redhead wouldn’t say that she understood completely about Haraka’s point of view but perhaps it was simply a difference in their life experiences up until now. The now male figure sounded almost world weary when he spoke of philosophy which only seemed to add a little more proof behind her assumption. She didn’t push any further on the subject and simply let it fade away and Sienna was thankful that he had been willing to help satiate her curiosity a little about his own philosophy. It gave her something to think about, even if it was a little early for her to truly agree with him at that point. She was still in the early part of her journey, leaving her solo wanderings and joining something far greater. The fire of adventure burned brightly within her, feeding her sense of wanderlust and excitement. There was a vast world out there that still needed to be explored and the takeover mage couldn’t wait to start doing just that.

“That’s a relief,” she would say when he confirmed that he was all right, “I was just a little surprised by your sudden gender change, that’s all. It’s not something that I’ve seen during my travels and it caught me off guard a bit.” Judging from the fact that he seemed completely unfazed, Sienna pondered that it was clearly something that happened fairly regularly to him or at least enough for him to have become used to it. “If you don’t mind me asking, how does it happen? Is it something that just happens or can you will yourself to do it?” She just couldn’t stop herself from asking and her blue eyes sparkled with curiosity. The mage could change form when using her magic but this didn’t quite seem the same.

She had to chuckle as the merchant cut in and answered her question about her test, a beaming grin spreading across her face, “Good thing too, I’d probably end up sinking it.” Sienna had never been that great with any vehicle, land or sea based and had made quite a mess the last time she’d been in control of a car. There were still moments now where she could still hear the shrill shrieks of the woman that she’d borrowed it from. Oh, she’d manage to pay it off eventually but it took a while.

Following Haraka as he proceeded to lead her towards her test, she rose an eyebrow at what he planned on having her doing. Telling a real item from a fake was certainly going to be a test for her, as she lacked any real experience in the field.‘Try not to drop anything’, she thought to herself, her smile turning rather dry at the thought. “As prepared as I can be,” she answered simply, trying to focus her mind on what was about to happen. She’d need a keen eye for this and for at least a few minutes, the usual cheerful girl would have to take on a more serious approach.

(507 Words)
    (2870 Words)
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 3rd December 2019, 5:14 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

Gender change? That was the surprise? He couldn't help but to laugh a bit towards that comment. "You have a lot more exploring to do if I'm the first person like this that you've met." This person really was youthful, it was like a breath of fresh air that met with the salty breeze as they got into the ship. Then again a more experienced person likely wouldn't have thought that driving an expensive giant vehicle would even be an option on a test for getting into a guild. This was something the young looking old man hadn't had in himself for so very long, blissful trait that the person never wanted returned anyway. "I was born this way, though some use magic." It was fun to say, but only because he knew that the girl still had a lot to see. It wasn't long before the merchant walked them down the ship until reaching a door. This was a merchants ship, so most of the room inside the ship was filled with goods, the engine, and other necessities needed in order to travel long distances. But this meant no inch of space couldn't be wasted. The room they entered had a few signs, along with a number of boxes. The merchant looked through the items, deciding to take out multiple bottles of whiskey. Each bottle and label was different, but they were all types of whiskey. Haraka smiled after he was given the okay, deep sapphire blue eyes turning back towards Sienna. "Here's your test. Find out which bottle is high quality, which one is low quality, which one is medium quality, and which one is a fake. Use the small signs in the room to mark which ones you think are what. It's okay to get things wrong, just do your best."

Words: 304
    Harakas Total: 2977

Post by Guest 7th January 2020, 12:43 pm

“Clearly I do,” Sienna chuckled lightly in response to Haraka’s comment. She wasn’t offended or anything like that, although it did seem that her humour had gone straight over the heads of both her inductee and the merchant. Honestly, the redhead should have expected that as that was usually what happened whenever she tried to make a joke. Deciding not to try again, she managed to bite her tongue and stop herself from playfully teasing him about the change, concerned that might be taken the wrong way. The last thing that she wanted to do was spoil her chances of being accepted by making a stupid joke.

Her attention was soon drawn to the merchant as he brought out the bottles and started to place them on a table and for one happy moment, Sienna thought that her task would simply be to drink as much as she could. What a task that would have been and her eyes did light up at the thought. However, as Haraka turned to her and began to explain the situation to her, the redhead would tilt her head and briefly nod in understanding. She’d tasted her fair share of whiskey in her time and certainly approved of the type of test. “All right, I’ll give it a try.”

Approaching the table, Sienna would spend a minute or two examining the bottles, taking care to give them all a good looking over. She didn’t utter a word and simply surveyed them but as she did so, the redhead began to feel a sense of deja vu and in the forefront of her mind, the girl could briefly see a glimpse of what was about to happen. It was such a bizarre sensation and had occasionally happened before, usually when she was in a dangerous situation. It was quite a mystery as to why it occurred but she’d learned to trust these echoes, whenever they made themselves known. In truth, she couldn’t really tell the difference between the quality of the bottles just from the outside and given that she couldn’t taste them, all she had to go on was her vision.

Walking over to the signs and taking one from each group, Sienna would then back to the table and begin to mark which was which. The leftmost and largest one was given the fake mark,, the second from the left would receive the medium quality, the second from the right would be given the low quality and the smallest bottle on the right would be gifted the high quality mark. Once she was finished, she took a few steps back to look over her choices and after realising that they had matches her foresight, the redhead would turn to Haraka and say, “OK, I think that’s the best that I can do.”

(470 Words)
    (3340 Total WC)

OOC: Lineage:
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 7th January 2020, 4:26 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

What was the meaning to this? To test her at something she wasn't experienced at, to hopefully push the girl a bit out of her comfort zone. Most had some to a degree, even those who were seemingly the most carefree. She hadn't gotten it right, but there was at least a notable effort placed into everything. The test was merely on telling goods in quality apart, along with finding the fake. It was totally unrelated to power or magic, but none the less was useful in its own right. In learning to be able to tell the quality of goods apart, along with what was fake and what wasn't, one could be less likely to be fooled. Of course this likely only covered being fooled in purchases, but sometimes fake goods could be pretty dangerous. He switched the largest items sign and the smallest before taking out the guild stamp from under their vest. There was no disappointment felt by the vice president, this was a very good outcome to them. It would have made no sense if everything had been perfect anyway. "You did better than I expected. The point of that test wasn't for you succeed, but to see how you did at something you had little to know experience with. Welcome to the West Fiore Trading Company, now where would you like your stamp?"

Notes:

Post by Guest 8th January 2020, 5:20 am

‘Well, at least I got half of them right,’ the redhead thought to herself happily as Haraka moved a couple of the signs around. It seemed that her vision had been somewhat of a red herring but it had at least pushed her into action. The explanation as to why she’d been tested in such a way was easy enough to understand and she simply nodded her head again, chuckling slightly “So you wanted to toss me in at the deep end and see if I sank or swam, huh?” Was she upset about not having got the test 100% right? No, it was just something that she’d have to work on in the future and perhaps also a lesson that she shouldn’t always trust her echoes all the time.

She blinked when her inductee pulled out the stamp and asked where she wanted to be marked and for a moment, Sienna didn’t quite get what he meant. However, after a moment, it seemed to click and a smile formed across her face as she briefly tapped the top of her right shoulder, “Here please and thank you for giving me this chance.” She couldn’t help but breathe a slight sigh of relief at being accepted into the guild and was delighted that she now had a place to call her own. Sure, the life of a wandering mage had been fun and eye opening but there was only so long that one could wander before they started to wish for something greater. She’d simply reached that point in her life. The redhead couldn't have been happier with the way things had gone down and had thankfully managed not to make a complete fool of herself.

(287 Words)
    (3627 Total WC)

My WC: 3627
    Haraka's WC: 2977+229+169=3375
    Thread WC: 7002

Last edited by Sienna on 9th January 2020, 4:24 am; edited 3 times in total
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 8th January 2020, 1:56 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

Had it been to see if she would sink or swim? The smile never left the mans face. "It was to see how you would work on a task you had no experience in." It had nothing to do with it being solved, only if she would think of a good way to work. Honestly it would have been a bit of a red flag if she got everything correct anyway. A pressure told him that William had started to get tired on their parental figure. A half asleep leaning child was slightly heavier than one that's fully awake. A free arm reached up to support the tiny demon child, which was all that had been needed for William to start napping. The arm moved down, holding the red haired cradled in its grasp. Walking a bit closer to Sienna, the parent stamped the top of the girls right shoulder. "There, now its official." With that done, the stamp was tucked under the vest and out of sight.

Notes:

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 7:57 pm