Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Fresh Start (Open Introduction)

Sayuri Katsuya
    Sayuri Katsuya

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Motor City Rush- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Bearer of the Cosmolight
    Position : None
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 5,187

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Twisted Realities
    Second Skill: Elementaris Apocalypta
    Third Skill:

A Fresh Start (Open Introduction) Empty A Fresh Start (Open Introduction)

Post by Sayuri Katsuya 17th August 2019, 6:19 am

"It certainly looks the part." That was the first thought that popped into Sayuri's head as she surveyed the massive guildhall that dominated this section of Amber Island. She'd been dropped off at the port earlier today, coming in with one of the merchants bringing supplies to the island. He'd asked no questions and she'd given no answers. In truth, she'd been lost in thought for the whole trip.

It felt a bit strange for her, entering this world of mages and guilds again. It had been almost a year since her self-imposed retreat from the world. Since she'd gone home to her family, hoping that maybe everything she'd done would have made a difference. Surely they would love and accept her now, right? But she'd been wrong, and the rejection stung even more than it had the first time. She'd locked herself away, nursing her wounds, unsure of what to do next.

But she'd finally made up her mind. This world was a cruel one, but it didn't have to be. Surely it could still be fixed, right? But that would only happen if people fought for it, and so she should do just that. And the best way to do that was as part of a guild, where she could put her magic to the best use.

She'd hoped, of course, to return to her old guild, and the friends she had there, but she'd been shocked to learn that it no longer existed. That had hurt at first too, but she'd realized that maybe that was a blessing in disguise. That guild had been more focused on peace, and Sayuri was done with peace. It had never worked before, so it was time to get serious. Besides, this was like a fresh start, and maybe that was better anyway.

Sayuri shook herself out of her thoughts, forcing herself to focus on the task at hand. She may have found a guild whose ideals matched up with her own, but that was the easy part. Now she had to get them to accept her. She took a deep breath, straightening her hair and the simple white shirt and black skirt she was clad in, then headed toward the doors of the guildhall, head held high.

She marched inside, her shoes echoing on the polished floors. She paused just inside what appeared to be the main hall, scanning the room for someone who appeared to be an authority figure. After all, she would have to talk to someone in charge if she were to gain admittance into the guild.

WC: 430

Last edited by Sayuri Katsuya on 18th March 2020, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-
    Lineage : Assassin's Shadow
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 505
    Experience : 3,283,767

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Infinite Arcana
    Second Skill: Vox Universum
    Third Skill: Disciple of War

A Fresh Start (Open Introduction) Empty Re: A Fresh Start (Open Introduction)

Post by Shen Kadokawa 17th August 2019, 1:54 pm

A brow twitching slightly, the Ambassador's eyes wandered over the report, light falling through the window that was half-covered by the amaranthine curtains behind him, furrowing ever so slightly with each word, each sentence they passed. The report had been written up by a contact of Dies Irae on Kenrojima, a peaceful island situated in the Azure Sea ... or rather, formerly peaceful, as the report suggested. The place itself wasn't too terribly far from Amber Island, actually.

According to what was written here, Kenrojima had suffered some kind of invasion at the hands of a bandit group, the guild's contact keeping things short, but stayed on point, the facts mostly revolving around the various types of arbitrary abuses and hardships the native islanders suffered at the hands of their invaders, a fact that Dies Irae, and any other self-proclaimed legal mage, for that matter, would not, could not allow to stand. Especially Johann, who had suffered immensely for the very same reason, a bandit attack that had destroyed his home on Amber Island, could empathize with the other islanders. He closed his eyes, his memories briefly drifting back to the night some 30 years ago, the images of a burning village, his slaughtered friends, comrades, parents, grinning bandits looming over him, it all flashed through his mind for just a second before he opened them once more, his brows narrowing with determined expression. He wouldn't allow something like that to happen again. Not when he could prevent it, not when Dies Irae existed. Their mission, of course, was to hunt and, sometimes, kill dark mages, lawbreakers, or anything else considered evil or a threat to natural order. There was no time to lose. He would mobilize the guild. If only he could find Sivvy. He would talk this over with his fellow Ambassador, of course, but he doubted the girl would have any qualms about his proposal. Perhaps he would find her in the Mess Hall? Or she was out on a mission at current? In any case, he hadn't seen his colleague today. Either way, within a few days or so, DI would be ready to leave for Kenrojima with a strike force.

Of course, there were preparations to make. Johann sealed the report in an envelope and locked it inside his desk before standing up and heading for the door to the Ambassadors' Office, closing and locking the door behind him before turning to the spacious corridor that led from the West Wing to the Throne Hall, his destination his quarters in the East Wing. "So ... does this mean I get a chance to fight? Are you gonna let me go a little wild, a little crazy, old man? Tssehehe ...", the deep, distorted voice of Mars, the Second Seal, echoed through his head. Johann couldn't help but sigh, keeping a stern, neutral expression as he walked, though responding in thought, "If there is reason to let you out, I will do so, Mars, but I cannot promise you anything. I don't exactly want to arrive as an executioner, but a liberator. Surely, you understand the fact that you don't precisely have a hang for the latter?". "As always, you're no fun, tssehe", the voice responded before once again going quiet, leaving the silver-haired Rune Mage alone with his thoughts and intentions.

It wouldn't take long for him to reach the mostly empty Throne Hall, Johann entering and heading for the corridor to the East Wing, though stopping a few steps in, his gaze falling on someone dressed in civilian clothing standing near the marble portal that formed the entrance to the guildhall. They seemed lost at the moment, at least somewhat, and Johann had the impression that they were looking for someone. Well, the girl had timing, certainly, but now was not the time to turn someone away. Not after they had made the long journey all the way to Dies Irae's Headquarters and, by extension, Amber Island. Of course, there was also the fact that the Ambassador couldn't exactly admit that he was planning to mobilize the guild's resources. As of current, everything would still follow business as usual. So, with determined stride, the man would make his way over, a small, but friendly smile curling the corner of his mouth upwards as he approached.

"Welcome to Dies Irae", Johann greeted the young woman before he had stopped, coming to a still before her just a few moments later. "I'm Johann von Weiss, Ambassador of Dies Irae, one of the guildmasters, if you will. You are ..?". The man offered her a bow in greeting, taking the hat that completed his uniform off his head and holding it close to his chest, before placing it back where it had been once more, continuing "... Oh, and perhaps more importantly, what brings you to Amber Island? The journey is long and not without danger, so I, forgive my presumptuousness, assume that you have a reason to seek out the guild. Am I correct in that assumption?", he would ask politely, though with a noticeably curious tone, even if it was hidden under a friendly smile. After all, if she was interested in becoming a Soldier for Dies Irae, the Ambassador would try to see if she had what it took, especially considering that the guild made up of Soldiers and fighters would soon prepare for a highly delicate matter: War.

Word Count: 905
    Word Count Total: 905

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sayuri Katsuya
    Sayuri Katsuya

Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Motor City Rush- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sayuri Katsuya 18th August 2019, 5:38 pm

Sayuri had a knack for spotting someone in authority, a talent that had served her in good stead many times before, and she spotted the man just moments before he began heading in her direction. It was more than just the elaborate military garb that had drawn her eye. Leaders had a certain air about them- in their stride and in the way they carried themselves- and she picked up on it easily. whoever he was, he was certainly someone important.

Her suspicions were confirmed when he finally spoke to her. Johann von Weiss? Now there was a name she recognized. Anyone involved in the magic world ought to. He'd introduced himself as the guild master here, but that wasn't all- he was one of the four Gods of Ishgar! Still, she was hardly going to have a fan girl moment. She had work to do, and she wasn't going to make a fool of herself. A blink of surprise was the only outward sign of her recognition before she carefully composed herself.

"It is my pleasure to meet you," she said in a slightly formal tone, dipping her head in acknowledgement of his status. "My name is Sayuri Katsuya."

She paused for a moment. There had been a time when her name would have been recognized, but she was sure that was long gone by now. She'd fallen off the map, and now she was just another average recruit, seemingly just hoping for their one shot at glory. She would have to build her reputation up all over again from scratch. It was a daunting prospect, but she was undeterred, forcing herself to move on with the conversation.

A hint of a smile played across her face. "Yes, I daresay I'd not have made such a long journey without a purpose. It's a charming island, to be sure, but hardly a sightseeing destination."

Then the moment of levity was gone, and she adopted a serious air again. "I've come to seek admittance to your guild. I believe that the guilds goals and mine are aligned. We must all do our part to better our world, and I think this is where I can best do mine."

She fell silent, bracing herself mentally. She had no idea what was yet to come, what the guild master would want from her before allowing her to join. Likely some questions, to be sure. Perhaps even a test of sorts. He might even refuse her outright- after all, she hardly looked the part of a powerful mage or warrior. She had no idea what expectations such a militarily-focused guild might have for new and potential recruits.

WC: 443
    Total WC: 873

Last edited by Sayuri Katsuya on 18th March 2020, 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Administrator- Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Mythical VIP Status- Demon VIP Status- God VIP Status- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Job Creator- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Idolize- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Guild Creator- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Dank Memer- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 6- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Supreme Grand Master [5000]- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- Christmas Event Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Advertisement Achievement Badge- Tournament Participation Badge- Cookie Achievement- Cupcake Achievement- Rainbow Hero- Summer Special Tier 4- Summer Special Tier 3- Summer Special Tier 2- Summer Special Tier 1- Summer Special Donor- Summer Special Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player-

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 25th August 2019, 4:06 am

"Miss Katsuya", Johann repeated the name, the friendly, and as he hoped, welcoming expression persisting, "The pleasure is all mine". It certainly seemed like Sayuri Katsuya, as she had introduced herself, was a composed individual, the young woman with light-brown hair and green eyes not without wit. When she replied to his comment about the journey to Amber Island, he couldn't help but chuckle a little. Of course, what she said was not without accuracy. "You are correct. We're working on it", the guildmaster replied in the same tone, nodding in acknowledgement. Perhaps there would be time to talk about that detail later.

It was then that the young woman expressed her interest in joining the ranks of Dies Irae, Johann, who had expected something along the same lines, giving her another nod, though his expression changed, seemingly adopting a more serious one as well. People only ever came to the guild for two reasons, anyway: To join it, or to offer a contract. Both were, of course, rather highly appreciated by the Ambassador. "I see", the silver-haired Ambassador spoke curtly before beginning to expand on it, "Very well, Miss Katsuya. Of course Dies Irae will accept you as a member, but ...", Johann took a quick breath, pausing for just a second to think about his words, "... you have had a long journey, I am sure. Why don't you follow me to the Mess Hall for ... well, coffee? Tea? Whatever else you prefer. I have a few questions I would like to ask you, and we might as well take a short break while I do". With that, the man would turn away slightly, gesturing over to the direction he had just come from, the hallway that led to the West Wing, where the guild's services were accommodated. "Please, follow me".

If Sayuri would indeed follow the Ambassador he would make his way toward the hallway that led to the Mess Hall, grey, polished granite making up the walls and floor of the structure around them, meticulously kept. It wouldn't take long, a couple of minutes at most, to reach their destination and Johann would open one of the two of solid wooden double-doors that marked the entrance, gesturing for the woman to follow him inside before closing it again, revealing the Mess Hall of Dies Irae behind. A good few dozen of soldiers, sailors, employees of the guild were present, taking a break from their workday to take in a hearty meal, enjoy a warm drink, or simply relax in the company of their brothers and sisters.

The Ambassador would lead the new arrival over to the buffet, where all manners of foods and drinks could be found, and Sayuri would be free to take whatever she liked, before seeking out one of the empty tables towards the side of the hall, a cup of freshly brewed Black Tea in hand. When they sat down, Johann placed the cup before himself, subtle strings of steam rising from the drink, though his attention going back to Sayuri, who had hopefully taken a seat at the same table, taking the word and addressing her once more.

"So, Miss Katsuya, why don't you tell me more about yourself? We have time, after all, and I would lie if I said I wasn't curious. You mentioned that you own goals align with the guild's. Tell me, what do you think the guild's goals are, and what are your own, personal goals?"

It was a little much to start out with, perhaps, and the girl could just as easily refuse to answer his questions, of course, though the Ambassador was interested in hearing what had driven this young mage here to Dies Irae in the pursuit of ... well, that was what he hoped to find out. For now, the man would take a sip from the tea, which was arguably too hot for consumption, and listen to her answer, if there was any.

Word Count: 663
    Word Count Total: 1,568

Sayuri Katsuya
    Sayuri Katsuya

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sayuri Katsuya 28th February 2020, 10:50 am

Sayuri-Banner-6
    It's never too late for a fresh start. There is no darkness where the light cannot shine.

No one is ever too far gone to be saved.

Sayuri-Side
    Sayuri followed the guild ambassador through the imposing marble halls, eyes constantly roving as she took in all the details, attempting to commit them to memory. Her unease grew with each step they took. Oh sure, Johann had said that they would be willing to take her on as part of the guild, but, well, he'd left that offer hanging. It was fairly obvious that she'd have to prove herself somehow. The only question was what form that would take.

At the buffet in the mess hall she busied herself by pouring herself a cup of some divine smelling herbal tea they had available, figuring it might calm her nerves a bit. She garnished it with some lemon, just for good measure, then turned away, following Johann to the table he had selected. She stirred the tea idly while he spoke, then lifted in to her lips for a sip as she contemplated the best way to answer the question. That was, apparently, a mistake. She winced almost imperceptibly, setting the cup of scorching hot liquid down with barely a hint of a sip taken. Then she finally addressed the question.

"Well, needless to say, I've heard many things about Dies Irae as a guild. That's why I came here, after all. Whether that information is entirely accurate or not, well, that remains to be seen. It is my understanding, though, that Dies Irae seeks to build a better world for all, through persuading or, when necessary, eliminating those who stand in their way. Opinions seem to be rather divided on whether that is the right strategy to take or not."

"However," she continued in a professional tone, "I tend to agree with that view. Granted, I was once a pacifist myself. I thought that with care and compassion, by showing others the right path, they would eventually follow it. I was, as you can probably tell, naive. I came to discover that it isn't nearly that simple. Oh, anyone can change their ways and follow the right path, if they choose to, and should be given the chance to do just that. But many will never choose to do that, simply because they enjoy following dark paths. Worse yet, they lead others down those dark paths. And I believe that if we are ever to have a successful, peaceful world, those people have to be eliminated, whatever the cost."

She paused, sipping at the tea, which had finally cooled down enough to be a drinkable temperature.

"In essence," she concluded, "I believe that we must use force in order to build a better world, once in which using strength to enforce what is right is no longer necessary. It is a long path, to be sure, but one that I believe can be achieved, if enough people are willing to fight for it, for it is not something that can be achieved alone. And that is why I am here. If what I've heard is true, your guild is working toward that same goal as well, and it makes sense for us to work together to bring that about. Unless, that is, I am mistaken as to Dies Irae's goals, in which case you are, of course, welcome to enlighten me on them."

She leaned back in her seat, nursing her cup of tea as she waited to hear what the guild ambassador thought about her explanation.
    No notes!

POST WC: 0568 | TOTAL WC: 1441/0000 | @Johann
    Serilda Sinclair

Last edited by Sayuri Katsuya on 12th March 2020, 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 29th February 2020, 5:45 pm

When Sayuri did indeed began to address the issue, the Ambassador began to listen intently, quite curious about the response that the girl would offer in return to his question. She expressed her initial understanding of what the guild was about, as the silver-haired God of Ishgar had asked of her. The girl's view, as she explained, though, struck the silver-haired Rune Mage as an interesting one. Sayuri Katsuya seemed like a person of conviction and principle, at the least, though something about the way she spoke about her perception of Dies Irae, while not wrong, didn't entirely hit the mark, either. The matter at hand was ... complex, to say the least, and the guild's credo was comprised of a complex set of morals, though he couldn't fault her for picking the same notion up from the general populace, who appeared to share that sentiment. Johann, in principle, agreed with her views, though the girl did appear to need some guidance, at least. Still, Sayuri was obviously quite articulate and had informed herself about the guild, and when she concluded, Johann nodded solemnly, a small, though friendly smile finding its way onto his face.

"In essence-", the man started, "-you're not mistaken, though I also do not entirely agree. Allow me to explain, Miss Katsuya". The Ambassador sorted his thoughts, before speaking up once more. "Dies Irae is a guild of people united by the goal to make the world a better place. You are entirely correct about that, though we do not neutralize targets indiscriminately and never without good reason. Someone, well, "standing in our way", is not grounds for perceived justice unbefitting of their character or actions". Joh was quite conscious of the fact that people assumed the worst of the guild. He had experienced the same wrong assumption from new arrivals time and time again, and ever since would do his best to steer the impressions in a certain direction. His tone gradually became somewhat more serious and business-like as he spoke. "Care, compassion, and empathy are not vices, Miss Katsuya. Despite the convictions we hold, despite our goals, we are human. If we discarded those values, we would be no better than those we combat. As you probably know, the world is not black and white, and the punishment matches the crime".

The man took another subtle, but deep breath. "That said, though, I do not disagree with your views at large. Some individuals are irredeemable, and we are not above ridding the world of harmful elements where it is necessary, as you said, Miss Katsuya, whatever the cost". Johann brought the cup of the steaming, amber-colored liquid to his lips, sipping it carefully between sentences. "Forgive me my ... passion for this particular topic, but this organization is a guild largely comprised of people who have suffered dearly at the hands of the darkest elements of Earthland, people who now wish to free the world of those very same elements, even go to lengths other people would view as excessive to do so, but, I would like to highlight the fact that Dies Irae is still a legal guild. If you do indeed wish to join us, Sayuri, remember to handle yourself and others with respect, with dignity, and with grace", the man began to recite the words he would often direct at new members, "Be strong when you have to be, be kind when the situation allows it".

The Ambassador emptied the rest of the cup, tilting the container against his mouth before ultimately setting it down, ultimately clearing his throat, sighing as he relaxed, the tension of his usual ambassadorial demeanor fading slowly. "I want to thank you for sharing your perspective with me, however. If what I shared is satisfactory to you and agreeable in the scope of expectations you place in this guild, Sayuri, then this guild can provide you with what you seek". The Ambassador eyed the newcomer with an intent, curious gaze, waiting for the girl's answer, unsure if Sayuri would respond in a positive or negative manner.

Word Count: 680
    Word Count Total: 680

Sayuri Katsuya
    Sayuri Katsuya

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sayuri Katsuya 12th March 2020, 10:23 am

Sayuri-Banner-6
    It's never too late for a fresh start. There is no darkness where the light cannot shine.

Sayuri-Side
    Sayuri listened to the ambassador's explanation, considering her next words carefully. It seemed like her passionate answer may have given off the wrong impression, and she mentally chided herself for not being as clear as she should have been.

"I think, perhaps, I ought to clarify," she said calmly, sipping at her tea. "I'm not by any means a homicidal maniac, else I daresay I would not have come to a legal guild. I very strongly still believe that people can and should be given a chance to change their ways, and that we should accept them as valuable members of society if they do change. Likewise, if someone who refuses to change their ways can be successfully contained, such as through prisons or other measures, then that would be the most appropriate course of action. However, for those who insist on harming others, with refusal to change their ways, who simply cannot be contained through normal measures, then we cannot be afraid to take more drastic measures, and that is where I think the current system fails. There are so many cases of dark mages and other criminals who have escaped prisons multiple times, hurt so many people, and many people still shy away from taking decisive action to prevent them from continuing on their destructive path. It is in these extreme cases that I support removing the trouble person from the equation entirely- not just killing anyone I feel like."

She paused again, putting her thoughts together before continuing. "Needless to say, in joining the guild I have no problem with agreeing to follow all rules, even if they don't align exactly with my own. After all, loyalty is extremely important, and you must be able to trust your guildmates above all others. If I expect other members of my guild to be trustworthy than I must be as well."

Sayuri fell silent once again, shifting slightly in her seat. Hopefully she had been successful in clarifying her intentions, but she wasn't sure. In all honesty, she'd never really been good at talking to people, and over the past year she'd had so little contact that she often found herself completely unsure of what to say in many situations. Apparently this happened to be one of them. Or perhaps it was the fact that she was talking to one of the Gods of Ishgar that had her on edge. Either way, she waited with bated breath to see if she'd managed not to make a fool of herself yet.
    Sorry for the wait and short post- apparently my inspiration has been running low recently...

POST WC: 0421 | TOTAL WC: 1862/0000 | @Johann
    Serilda Sinclair

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 14th March 2020, 3:47 am

A Fresh Start (Open Introduction) HOtaKzb

It seemed that the Ambassador, unsurprisingly, had somewhat misjudged the character of the woman calling herself Sayuri Katsuya. Of course, the nature of their work was attached to inherent risk, and sometimes individuals that were less than stable would find themselves drawn to the somewhat direct, others would call it violent or brutal, business. Johann had to be sure, wanted to make sure that others were up to the task. Certainly, she would forgive him for his prying. His passion for the subject of discussion and the lack of interpersonal skills he had demonstrated on a multitude of occasions naturally were not exactly beneficial in a discussion of this nature. Yet, despite this, as Sayuri would follow up and explain herself, the God of Ishgar listening intently to what insight she chose to share with him, the silver-haired man felt like they had reached a point of understanding, and, evidently, seemed to share some of their views. Johann's serene smile returned as he listened, nodding when the newcomer had finished her clarification, the Ambassador taking a short, but audible breath.

"Of course", he began, pausing briefly, quickly following up with "Forgive me, Miss Katsuya. It seems I have misinterpreted the nature of your convictions. I did not mean to offend you, nor imply that your intentions are anything but just. I offer you my apologies". The Ambassador paused once more, leaning back in his seat slightly. "You see, Dies Irae is a guild entirely based on those same beliefs, and unfortunately some don't quite have what it takes. Some are too ... reserved for what this guild means to accomplish, others simply take things too far. It's of critical significance that we, as a collective, maintain a balance between these two extremes, as I am sure you understand".

The Ambassador paused once more, the two irises of distinctly different color remaining fixed on Sayuri for another passing second before he moved, wordlessly stretching an arm out and reaching into the pocket of his coat, producing a small, corked vial, the container itself full to the brim with a swirling liquid of sanguine hue. "As I have come to realize, Miss Katsuya, Sayuri, if I may-", the man spoke with a tone that had lost the earlier sense of tangible tension and adopted a noticeable warmth "- I am certain that you would make a welcome addition to Dies Irae. Should it be your wish, this guild will serve as your home, and your fellow guildmates as your brothers and sisters in arms, for the duration of your membership". Johann rose from his seat, uncorking the vial of liquid, his eyes once more seeking those of the newcomer, though this time, carrying with them an expecting gaze, a curiosity that seemed to anticipate and answer. "Do you accept the mark of this guild, and with it, its laws and its goals?"

Word Count: 680
    Word Count Total: 1,160

Sayuri Katsuya
    Sayuri Katsuya

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sayuri Katsuya 14th March 2020, 2:11 pm

Sayuri-Banner-6

Sayuri-Side
    Sayuri released a breath she hadn't even realized she was holding, her posture relaxing somewhat. It seemed that she'd been able to make herself understood this time around, which was always a good start. She shifted slightly as the guild ambassador continued to speak, nodding at his words.

"There is no need to apologize," she said, waving a hand dismissively. "It was I who spoke unclearly, after all. And I agree that it is, of course, of the utmost importance to ensure that those who are members of the guild are aligned with the guild's message. So in that sense you were simply doing your job as the guild's leader."

There was nothing facetious in Sayuri's statement. She honestly didn't see Johann as having done anything wrong, and being apologized to for that made her feel, well, just a tad bit uncomfortable. She was quite happy to let the conversation move on from that topic, truth be told.

Her eyes met the guild leader's as he asked for her pledge, and she swallowed hard, the seriousness of the moment truly sinking in, and for a moment that old doubt reared its ugly head.

Am I really ready for this? Am I even good enough? What if I mess it up, make a disgrace of myself?

But she pushed those voices down again, shoving them into that little corner of her mind that she usually kept them locked in. After all, she knew those weren't really her own thoughts- she was just parroting back what everyone else had told her over the years. But unfortunately, it was even harder to ignore those sentiments coming from herself than from outside sources. But at least for the moment they weren't too persistent.

She took a deep breath, then nodded. "I do," she said firmly, her tone matching the seriousness of the situation.
    N/A

POST WC: 0309 | TOTAL WC: 2171/0000 | @Johann
    Serilda Sinclair

Shen Kadokawa
    Shen Kadokawa

Character Sheet

Post by Shen Kadokawa 18th March 2020, 8:54 am

A Fresh Start (Open Introduction) HOtaKzb

Despite the initial setback, it would appear like the two could come to an agreement, although Sayuri seemed insistent that she had been the one who had "spoke unclearly". Johann resisted the notion to shake his head or try to argue the point. It didn't really matter, in the end. The two both seemed like communication wasn't the strongest of their talents, it was certainly true for the Ambassador, though he would dismiss delving deeper into this topic in favor of moving on.

A smile would curl the corner of his lip into a smirk when the woman, after a deep breath, seemingly determined and somewhat stern, would give a positive response to the silver-haired man's question, Johann giving her a solemn nod. "Then it is official", he spoke, his tone maintaining something that could be interpreted as cheerfulness, "I, as Ambassador of Dies Irae, welcome you to the guild and accept you as one of our own". With these words, the Rune Mage moved his free hand, in a practiced motion that he had repeated dozens, if not hundreds of times, seeming to draw the red liquid out of its container, the swirling fluid following his hand through the air and, for a brief instance, remaining suspended within, afloat, before coalescing into a small sphere.

From this point on, the fluid almost seemed to "wake up", move as if it was scanning for a target, as if it possessed a curious little intelligence of its own, immediately setting its sights on Sayuri Katsuya. With erratic, almost playful movements, the substance began to float towards her, looking for any area of bare skin she would offer before bearing down and making contact with it, without any feelings of discomfort, or any feeling at all, seemingly sinking into it. Instinctively, it would race towards the spot she had chosen for her guild mark, the red ink twisting and flowing for a moment before finally changing its shape into a red cross, which, with the passing of another moment, would change its color into whichever one the woman preferred.

Johann seemed almost relieved, as if he could finally let go of his rather forced and official behavior. "I'm glad you decided to stay with us, Sayuri", the Ambassador would quickly make his thoughts know, slipping the now-empty vial back into the pocket it had come from, while, in the same motion, reaching into another pocket, producing a key attached to a numbered plaque. "This key will open a door to your room in the West Wing, which, you will find, includes a place to sleep and all other modern necessities. Feel free to make use of it". With these words, the Ambassador would take a deep breath and turn towards the exit, his eyes, however, remain locked on the new recruit. "Unless you have any more questions, Sayuri, you can find me in my office. Feel free to explore the guild hall and familiarize yourself with Dies Irae". With that, the Ambassador would take a step away and towards the exit, though stopping, shooting a look back over his shoulder "Oh, and, of course, I look forward to working with you, Miss Sayuri Katsuya".

Word Count: 532
    Word Count Total: 1,692

Sayuri Katsuya
    Sayuri Katsuya

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Sayuri Katsuya 18th March 2020, 3:19 pm

Sayuri-Banner-6

Sayuri-Side
    Sayuri watched in relative fascination as the swirling orb of red ink- or at least she assumed it was ink- floated toward her, settling on her hand before flowing along her skin until it settled just below her left collarbone, forming itself into the cross-shaped guild mark, fading to a bright white. She had to admit that she’d never heard of a guild mark being administered like that before, but then again, she’d only been in one other guild before. Most, from what she’d heard, just used a stamp of some sort. Still, she supposed this was a much more elegant way to handle the situation.

The slim illusionist snapped herself out of her reverie as the guild’s ambassador continued to speak. She digested his words slowly, reaching out and accepting the key he had offered to her.

“Thank you M-, ah, Ambassador Von Weiss,” she said, mentally kicking herself for her mistake. She’s almost referred to the guild’s leader as “master,” like she would for any other guild master, forgetting for just a moment that Dies Irae preferred to stick to military terminology. She was just glad she’d caught herself in time to correct her mistake- at least this time. She was definitely going to have to get used to that.

“Yes, I do hope we get a chance to work together, Ambassador,” she said smoothly, hoping to make up for her stammered response earlier. Of course, she was slightly skeptical of the fact that they would work together directly. After all, she was nowhere near powerful enough to rank going on any missions that would require the God of Ishgar’s personal attention. Still, she supposed that as long as she was working for the guild she would be working with him indirectly, so it was true in that respect.

Of course there were so many more questions she could have asked the ambassador about the guild. But none of them were particularly urgent, and she was sure she’d already taken up entirely too much of his time, so she held her tongue. Instead she remained seated at the table in silence, sipping at her now cool cup of tea as she reflected on recent events. Truth be told, she hadn’t expected that it would be nearly as easy to gain entry to the guild as it had. She’d suspected that there would be some sort of test, at least, to prove that she was strong enough to handle the guild’s mission. But then again, she supposed that she had made no effort to conceal her magic, and with how strong of a mage the guild ambassador was, he’d undoubtedly had no problem assessing the strength of her magic.

She shrugged. Well, she certainly wasn’t going to complain about the situation, since it had played to her advantage. She wasn’t entirely sure how impressed such a powerful mage would have been with her illusions, the main backbone of her magic. That was the reason she relied more on quick thinking and fast reflexes to win fights, rather than brute force. Well, that and a healthy dose of luck, which she seemed to have more than her fair share of when it came to fights. Unfortunately, however, those insights and lucky breaks seemed to all but abandon her during social situations.

She sighed, gulping down the last dregs of her tea and rising from her seat, straightening her hair perfunctorily before glancing around the dining hall. Was there somewhere for her to leave her dishes? Or did someone clean the tables? She wasn’t sure, and she was feeling entirely too socially-exhausted to bother asking anyone. Finally after a few moments she spotted what looked like a tray return area. That would do. She gathered up the small amount of dishes she had and crossed over, leaving them with the small group of dishes already there. Then she frowned. The ambassador had said that the living quarters were in the west wing of the guild hall. However, Sayuri did not have the best sense of direction ever. Not to mention that she’d been so nervous on arriving here that she didn’t remember what direction she and the ambassador had entered the room through. Nor had she paid attention to his leaving. Not that that would have helped anyway, as she had no idea where he had been heading when he’d left.

She considered her options for a moment, then shrugged to herself. She would have to explore the guild hall at some point anyway to get the lay of the land, so she may as well start now. She headed toward the nearest door, shouldering her way out and finding herself in a gray granite hallway. She passed several offices, most of which were closed, some with light peeking under the doorways, while others appeared to be empty. It seemed like a veritable warren back here. A few people passed her in the halls, but she decided against asking for directions, instead forcing herself to walk with back straight, as if she belonged here and knew exactly where she was going. Thankfully, no one saw fit to question that air.

Perhaps her most important discovery was the massive library. She walked in, an expression of rapt wonder on her face. Sayuri had always been extremely partial to books, and she’d had no idea Dies Irae had so many of them. She had a feeling she would find herself a good number of days, and possibly just as many nights, hanging around here doing research of her own. However, that was not her current mission, so she forced herself to turn away from the temptation. At this point she’d explored almost all the hallways on this side of the dining hall, so she could only conclude that she was in the east wing of the guild hall, exactly opposite to where she wanted to be. Of course, it was easy to come to that conclusion, but the real trick would be finding her way back out to the throne room, which she had concluded was the center of the massive building.

It took a little work, but eventually she managed to navigate there. She paused again for a moment, her attention taken by what seemed to be Dies Irae’s job board, covered in postings. She wandered over, eyeing the slips of paper tacked onto the board. There were so many names hidden in that mess, including some high profile dark mages. Yet another important location discovered. It seemed her wandering had paid off in some ways, and she was glad that she’d decided to find her own way.

She turned away from the job board, heading toward the west wing of the building. She would need to take a job soon, there was no question of that. It had been almost a year since she’d earned a steady income, and her emergency funds were running low. But she would rather get settled down here and get the lay of the land before she headed out again. Still, she was sure she would be back here in a day or two.

Of course, that was assuming she was ever able to settle down. But for that to work, she would have to find her room. It appeared that the west wing was even more confusing than the east. Of course, it certainly didn’t help that all the doors looked pretty much the same, with the exception of the numbers affixed to the doors, of course. However, it seemed that she was getting closer, as the numbers were approaching the one on the key she’d been given.

And there it was! She spotted the nondescript door on the left side of the hallway she was currently walking down and hurried over, fumbling the key once before managing to slide it into the lock. It twisted with a satisfying click, and then she was stepping into the room.

Her first impression was, well, dark. The slight greenish glow emanating from her headpiece didn’t shed nearly enough light to see by. She fumbled along the wall, feeling for a few moments for the light switch, sighing. This would be so much easier if she would see her own illusions, in which case she would be able to conjure her own light. But she couldn’t see them, not voluntarily, so that didn’t really help her in this case. Then her fingers found the switch, and it became a moot point anyway.

The room was suddenly bathed in a bright glow. Thankfully the light was clearly made to imitate a natural light source, rather than the harsh tints of many artificial lights. Sayuri turned to survey the room. It was a good size, much better than she had expected. Then again, she supposed that that would explain the sheer size of the guild hall. It would have to be, to accommodate rooms of this size. There was a large bed along the opposite wall, its red and black linens and bedspread mirroring the guild’s colors. It looked so comfortable, and Sayuri was so tempted to just go flop down and sleep for about a week. But she’d been on a less than hygienic ship for a trip of several days, and, as she’d recently become aware, she smelled faintly like fish, which had been the main cargo onboard with her. She had no desire to transfer that smell to her sheets. The gray walls were mostly bare, but that was hardly surprising, and Sayuri supposed that simply gave her more room to customize its appearance. She was sure she’d find something to hang up on the walls in no time. Especially since the dark gray felt oppressive at times, something that the dark color scheme did nothing to alleviate. But while she had no control over the public areas of the guild, she would brighten her room up in no time.

She quickly took stock of the rest of the room. A simple chest of drawers was on one wall, and opposite it was a decent sized desk. Well, that would certainly come in handy. Even more handy was the bookcase that completed the furniture set, nestled along the same wall the exterior door was on. There were also two other doors leading off of the main room, but she would investigate those in a few minutes.

She set the bag she had brought with her on the bed. There wasn’t a whole lot there. She’d shed a lot of the trappings of her past before she had come here. The most important thing that she’d brought was, of course, her swords. Those were still strapped to her waist, and she unbuckled the belt they were fastened to, laying it across the top of the chest of drawers. She had some spare clothing, of course, most of which she folded and put into the drawers. She was hesitant to fold the couple of dresses she’d held on to, so for the moment she spread them out on the bed. She had a hunch that one of the doors led to a closet, so she would hang them up there. She’d also held onto a few treasured books, which she set on the mostly empty bookcase. She was sure she would fill that up soon enough. She dumped out the toiletries she had brought with her, figuring she would deal with them in a few minutes, once she figured out her bathroom situation. And then all that was left was the bag itself, which she tucked into one of the drawers. And that was that. The unpacking was done. The room was still very empty, of course, but it would do for the moment. She would fill the room up as she stayed here, not with things connected to her past, those that reminded her of all her past hurt, but rather, hopefully, with things accompanied by happy memories of time spent with friends. That in and of itself was a good enough reason to have simplified before she came here.

She wandered over to one of the two doors she hadn’t investigated yet, and was pleased to discover that it was, in fact the bathroom. Well, at least she wouldn’t have to share a communal restroom, although she’d already suspected that this was the case. After all, she hadn’t passed any communal restrooms in the west wing of the building, although she had seen a few on the east side. She swiped the toiletries off her bed, then returned to investigate the room more fully.

It was easier to find the light switch in this room, since there was a brighter glow in the main room than there had been in the hallway outside. The bathroom was hardly massive, but it was, like the bedroom, a decent size. There was both a claw footed bathtub and a stand-up shower, tiled in a stark black, which didn’t even surprise her anymore. The countertop had a lovely black and white marbled pattern, although she couldn’t say if the rock itself was marble or granite, and it was a decent size. Big enough for her to spread out all of her make-up on to put on in the morning, before scrubbing it off in disgust at her lack of skill and using illusion to improve her appearance instead. She smiled mirthlessly, taking a moment to stare at herself in the mirror. She knew how she would currently appear to others, but the mirror showed only the truth. Chestnut brown hair, currently dull from lack of recent conditioning, plain brown eyes, and a surprisingly plain face, other than the small smattering of acne currently breaking out. Her clothes were rumpled from travel, sporting a few stains she hadn’t been able to remove without proper laundry facilities. Her lips curled into a frown. Of course, to everyone else her skin seemed flawless, her hair luxurious, and her eyes a brilliant emerald green, the color she’d chosen for the day, and her clothing impeccable. She was so used to these small alterations to her appearance now that she didn’t even have to think about it anymore. It was second nature, and even by now very few people had seen her true appearance. Save for herself, of course.

She sighed, then turned her attention away from her visage, stripping off her grimy clothing and switching on the shower. To her delight, the water turned hot almost instantly, and she climbed in eagerly, glad to scrub away the wear of travel. It was amazing, she thought, how a little bit of hot water could make you feel like a whole new person.

Of course, all too soon it was time for her to leave. She dried off and wrapped herself up in one of the plush white towels that had been hanging on the wall, then grabbed the second and wrapped it around her hair to contain the dampness. Then she wandered back out into the main bedroom. It was late enough in the day that she had left a lacy nightgown out on the bed. After all, she was certainly tired enough to curl up and sleep the evening away. But she didn’t want to get the bed damp, nor her nightclothes, so instead of changing right away she headed for the other door. Upon opening the door, she discovered that it was, in fact, a closet, like she’d suspected it would be.

But contrary to her expectations, the closet was not empty. Hanging in the closet were a few outfits, which she recognized as a couple variations of the Dies Irae guild uniform. It wasn’t difficult to judge that, considering that she’d seen those uniforms throughout the guild hall on her way to her room. It was a riot of red and white, with metallic gold accents. Not really the color scheme she usually went for, but that wasn’t a big problem. Her appearance was plain enough that she could adapt to just about any color, and of course, her ability to adjust her appearance as necessary would help as well. She could adjust. And considering that most featured skirts, they were obviously intended for a female’s use. But their presence did raise a question. Had someone come in when she was in the shower to leave the uniform here? She considered that option for a moment. It was true that she’d brought the key in with her, but there was nothing to say that there was no spare key or master key. After all, if a guild member was doing something untoward in their room the guild’s staff would have to investigate it. So that gave no clues to the answer, but there was something else that made Sayuri discount the possibility. Sure, the sound of the water may have covered up some sound, but if someone had come in then surely she would have heard something. More likely, the uniforms had already been here when she had arrived at the room, she just hadn’t seen them because she didn’t investigate the closet when she first came in.

That left two options. Firstly, it was possible that Ambassador Von Weiss could have sent someone to bring her uniforms to her, and they had arrived before Sayuri, while she’d still been wandering around the guild hall. Or there was the second possibility, that the guild kept rooms ready at all times, in case of a new arrival such as herself. That, she thought, was the altogether most likely solution. Then she shrugged. It didn’t really matter, she supposed. Either way, the uniforms were here, and that was what mattered.

She pulled one out, eyeing it appreciatively. As far as uniforms could go, they could certainly pick a worse one. She hesitated, then on an impulse decided to try it on. The one she’d pulled was a short dress, with a longer skirt tail attached at the back, and a military-style coat overtop. The neckline of the coat was just low enough to show her new guild mark, the stark white standing out even against her pale skin. The tall flared collar certainly gave it some drama, as did the gold tassels on the shoulders, white gloves, and tall red boots. The clothing was, at first, too big for the slim, short girl, but after only a moment it shifted around her, magically changing size to fit her. Well that was convenient. At least she wouldn’t have to worry about going through alterations. There was a red belt as well, and she fastened her sword scabbard to that belt before settling it around her waist. And finally she pulled the towel off her hair, mostly dry by now anyway, before padding across her room and into the bathroom again, studying herself in the mirror again. This time, though, she was less bothered. She no longer looked like some wandering vagabond. “Now,” she thought, a smile suddenly gracing her face. “Now I look like I belong.”
    N/A

POST WC: 3170 | TOTAL WC: 5341 | GROUP WC: 7033/7000 | @TAGGED
    Serilda Sinclair

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 7:58 pm