Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Village Protection!

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 
    Lineage : Super Soldier
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 623,530

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Plus Ultra
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Village Protection! Empty Village Protection!

Post by Shane Stern 1st May 2019, 7:29 pm

Job Info: Free Form (S-rank)
    Job Approval: Link

Shane stopped on one of the cliffs, catching a bird’s eye view of the village he had been tasked to protecting. River Village, aptly named for the river that surrounded the entire town, was a quaint little haven among the wilderness. The village was well-known for their abundant and fresh seafood, with a majority of their villagers being fishermen. On a more strategic level, River Village was well-protected by the river on all sides, with only one route in and out of the village. Under siege, with the appropriate defensive force, River Village would be able to hold their own without any logistical worries.

He scanned the surroundings of the village, his red eye seemingly gleaming as he did so, but couldn’t find any traces of the mountain bandits. The bandits had send a small scouting team and raided the village once in the past week. The village leader had immediately followed up by putting up job requests for mages to help defend their village, knowing well that with the arrival of the scouting team, the main force of the bandits would undoubtedly follow.

Once satisfied with his view and getting a general understanding of the village’s layout, Shane righted the strap that kept Breaker’s sheath to his back and resumed making his way to the village.

It was one hour later when he finally arrived at the doorsteps of the town. Ten guards were on duty, all of them antsy and anxious with each approaching person, doing full checks on everyone entering and leaving including their goods. Shane was subject to the same amount of scrutiny as well when it was his turn, especially with his obvious display of his weapon on his back.

“May I know what business you have in River Village?” the guard that was frisking him asked, eyeing his weapon as his gaze switched between Shane and the weapon.

“I’m here for the village leader’s request,” Shane replied, holding out the job details written on a piece of paper to the guard. He had no hard feelings for the guy, despite being slightly annoyed. He was just doing his job after all.

The guard took the piece of paper gently and read it quickly. Once done, he returned it to Shane. A sudden change of personality took place right there and then as the man loosened up and grabbed Shane’s right hand, shaking it heartily.

“Thank you so much, mister. The people of River Village appreciate what you are doing for us,” the guard gushed, surprising the other guards before they realized what was happening. A few word of thanks was spoken by the guards, which Shane accepted with a nod and a smile. With a few more words exchanged between them, Shane got directions on how to get to the village leader’s place and headed there immediately.

[473 words]
    [Total WC: 473/14000]

Last edited by Shane Stern on 10th July 2019, 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Amalie
    Amalie

Alt Account- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : God's Beloved Daughter
    Position : None
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Johann Von Daddy
    Experience : 2,849

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Village Protection! Empty Re: Village Protection!

Post by Amalie 6th May 2019, 9:16 am

A week had passed since the Fifth seal of the Apocalypse had been returned to Amalie's body. She was in significantly better form since that day, having to take some time to recover and slowly come to terms with her fate. It was beginning to settle in, there was still some hesitancy that lingered the in the Articulation's Mage's heart, but what could she really do. It was either be a vessel to him or lose all grips on her sanity. Still, she would hold her head high as she climbed out of the carriage following her arrival at River Village. Her red heels hitting the earth, as she stood on the hard ground, she ran her hand through her long blue hair. Glancing around, she hadn't been to River Village before. It was fairly small, and as the name so 'obviously' stated, surrounded by a river. Still, despite its minimalistic size, it was quite humble and attractive. She would turn to pay the driver, before moving further into the village. She stood out like a sore thumb. Dressed in her Dies Irae uniform, the bright red and white fabric certainly drew the attention of those she passed.

Anima? She would asked in her mind, she felt the seal stir within her.

Yes, Amalie? His voice was as silky and smooth as always.

You are certain this is going to work, I won't fall ill during the fight? She asked, the hint of concern in her mind obvious to the Holy Saint of souls.

As long as you accept me, Amalie, then your body will too. After all, you haven't felt ill thus far, and my presence has been much stronger than it was in the past. Have faith, all will be well.

She said no more, only sighed. She could do nothing but rely on his word. It was true she hadn't felt ill since that day, which was a relief. Not having to reach for the bottle just to subdue herself. She felt much more liberated, but even she couldn't help the niggling self-doubt. She moved towards the guard, watching idly as he seemed to frisk a man. He was a few years younger than her and bearing quite the armoury on his back. She arched a brow, listening in on the conversation. It seemed this fellow was also here at the request of the Village Leader. From what she had been informed, the village had been attacked a few times at the hands of a specific group of bandits. To the point, they had sought the aid of guild mages to protect them and hopefully rid them of the nuisance once and for all. Amalie would approach the guild, pulling out her own job request. The guard went to frisk her, to which she raised her hand.

"Touch me, and I'll dislocate both of your arms. I came here to get rid of some bandits, not be groped by some village guard. I suggest you read the letter and let me pass, should you want your precious village 'protecting'." The man seemed someone taken about the cold tone behind her words, he would glance at the letter, before resigning slightly. He would exchange words with the others, before coming to a conclusion. "Very well, let her through." He grumbled, nodding her in. Unlike the Rune Knight, Amalie did not receive the same warmth and aid. She would stride past the guards, eying her distrustfully. She wandered in before spotted the man with the weapons in the distance she would follow after him. Figuring that following him with be the best way to get to where she needed.

WC: 611 | Thread Total:1,084 / 14, 000

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 7th May 2019, 1:23 am

Shane once again procured the letter that would serve as his introduction to the guard standing out the village leader’s office, the tallest building in River Village standing at three stories tall. The guard read through the letter, his originally cold demeanor turned welcoming once he got to the end of the letter, a smile creasing his rough features. Shane returned the smile with his own.

“Mister Stern, please follow me, I will lead you to the Village Leader’s office,” the guard gestured before taking the lead and entering the building. As he stepped on the polished wooden floorboards and followed the guard as he navigated through the building, Shane would find the many occupants of the building crossing between him and the guard leading the way, all of them hurrying from one room to another while the less busy ones would fix him with a questioning look before diving back into their work.

“This building houses all of the administrative departments in River Village. It’s normally quite quiet around here, but with the threat we are facing now, all of the administrative staff are trying to get all their documents and files in order in case we need to evacuate. You can say they are an odd bunch to be busying themselves with such trivial stuff, but in case you didn’t notice, everyone’s also trying to keep themselves busy, to distract themselves from the fear and anxiousness,” the guard said, noticing the flurry of activity that kept crossing into Shane’s path.

The stairs to the first floor was the complete end of the building down the hallway and when they got up to the first floor, the two of them had to move to the front end of the building to reach the stairs to the second floor. The same level of activity permeated the first floor and when they arrived at the top of the stairs leading to the second floor, it was relatively calmer. There were two room on the second floor, their doors adjacent, facing the stairs. In front of the door on the left was a large table, stacked with papers and files. A pair of sharp emerald eyes was fixed on the two of them as they entered, as if a predator laying eyes on prey walking into a trap.

“Esmeralda, how many times have I said to smile when you see guests coming to meet the Leader? This is Mister Stern, who’s here to help us with the bandits threat,” the guard said with a short laugh before turning around to talk to Shane. “Mister Stern, this is Esmeralda, she’s the secretary to our Village Head. I leave you in her hands.”

With a nod, the guard walked back down the stairs while Shane stood where he was, looking at Esmeralda who was still looking him up and down. A second later the young lady stood up, her shoulder-level green curls bouncing with the movement and went over to the left door, knocking three times on it gently.

“Leader, you have a guest,” the young lady said before opening the door and stepping back to let Shane in.

“Thanks,” Shane said and nodded, then moving into the room to see the village leader sitting on the fabric sofa opposite his desk, sipping from a mug of coffee. A pile of papers was on the coffee table in front of him, no doubt he was looking at them until Shane arrived. Righting his spectacles, the village leader rose up from his sofa, reaching his full height and standing at the same height as Shane, and held his hand out.

“Well met, I’m Joltrin Teak,” the brown-haired man spoke in a clear voice as the two men shook hands. It was a firm one, a confident one but not overbearing. At first glance, with his round specs, brown pants held up by suspenders of the same color and his white checkered shirt, Joltrin Teak looked every part a scholar. But upon closer inspection, one would see the firmly toned forearms revealed by sleeves folded back, his broad shoulders and a firm stance, indicating that he was no stranger to the other rougher jobs of the village.

“I’m Shane Stern, Rune Knight,” he replied, taking out a metal pendant that was worn as a necklace. It was the standard means of identification of a Rune Knight if they were out of uniform, especially since Shane was really not in his uniform. He would only wear that in Era or Crocus, but whenever he was out of HQ for jobs, he would be in his combat attire which comprised of black combat boots, khaki pants and a black, short-sleeved T-shirt with a loose, round collar. He looked like a mercenary, and would have been given a scolding if Serilda or Mythal saw him right now. Which was why he preferred taking jobs out of Era and Crocus.

“First of all, you have my gratitude for accepting this job, Shane,” Joltrin began but was cut off when Shane held up his right hand.

“You might wanna wait for your other guest before you start,” Shane suggested, as he could sense a tremendous amount of magical energy closing in on them. If he wasn’t wrong, he would have a partner for the job and judging by the amount of magic he could feel in the air, it was someone far more powerful than he was.

[906 words]
    [Total WC: 1990 / 14000]

Amalie
    Amalie

Alt Account- Mythical- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Working Together- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Legal Eagle- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Obligatory Beach Episode- Shipped- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Amalie 12th May 2019, 11:25 am

Well this was mildly frustrating. Amalie didn't expect much of a welcome from anyone, at least not this stage in her career. Afterall, she hadn't really made herself known in society as of yet. Still lying relatively low due to her situation with Charles. However what she did expect to get a little more recognition was her guild, Dies Irae, albeit new wasn't a faction to be underestimated. Did they not recognise her uniform? It seemed bizarre to her, then again perhaps an isolated village such as this would be not privy to knowing what a mage from Dies Irae looked like yet. Nor what to expect from a gage from the newest Legal guild in town. She figured she would simply have to educate them.

At such a thought, a slight smirk crept onto her lips. She was keen to get on with the job, handling bandits should be child's play. And now that her body was no longer falling ill whenever Anima shifted his consciousness, it meant she would finally be able to fight with ease. Not only that, she had some exciting new magic to contend with. At the courtesy of the Seal that existed inside of her. The blue-haired woman was keen to try it out against an actual opponent, she just hoped they might be able to give her an actual fight.

She followed after the man, who seemed to arrive at some kind of office building. The woman watched as the guard led him inside. Figuring this must be where they would likely meet the individual that requested them for the job. She arrived at the building moments later, she let herself into the building. Glancing around, she took a moment to allow her sense to look for the man's magical signature. He was, after all, the only one in the vicinity that showed any magical capabilities. From what she could tell, this village was full of non-mages and weaklings, no wonder it didn't have the means to protect itself against a few bandits. She sensed him above and moved towards the staircase. She made it up to the first floor before someone noticed that she didn't belong there.

"Excuse me, Miss, do you have permission to be here?"  Said a man, he just so happened to be the same guard who had greeted the man with all the weapons before her. Amalie placed her hand on her hip,

"You tell me, I'm here to see your leader." She told the guard, slightly annoyed that she was having to go through all of this again.

"He is in a meeting right now, you'll have to make an appointment." She scowled at the response.

"Yes, a meeting I am supposed to be in. So if you would kindly point me in the right direction, then we don't have to waste any more time." She began to reach into her pocket to grab the letter to prove her need to be here.

"I'm sorry Miss, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."  He would reach over and grab Amalie's wrist. Now if there was anything that vexed Amalie Jane West greatly, it was having a man place his hands on her without her consent. The woman ice-blue eyes narrowed dangerously, magic would stir within her body and creep up her throat. "Shards." The air around her would ripple, and suddenly the guard would be surrounded by jagged pieces of glass. Floating around him threateningly. Everyone in the room would freeze, any lingering guards would draw their weapons.

"I have come along way, and my patience is growing thin. Now stop wasting my time, and point me to your leader's office." Amalie would pull out the letter, holding the letter in front of the man's face for him to read. Amalie would watch the realisation sink in, he let go of Amalie's arm. Straightening slightly, albeit carefully, he indicated to the other guards to lower their weapons.

"My apologies, Miss West. I'll take you there right away."  The glass around the guard vanished, disappearing as quickly as it had appeared. "Good," Amalie replied curtly, as the man began leading her along, back up the second flight of stairs he'd only recently descended from. They arrived at the desk of 'Esmerelda', who gazed over them with those sharp green eyes.

"Esmerelda, this is Miss West, she is also here to help us deal with the bandits." His tone was significantly less warm then it had been the last time he'd addressed the woman. After a moment, the woman would repeat her action as she had before, alerting the leader of a guest. Amalie stalked towards the door, striding past the guard and the woman to enter the room. As she entered she heard the guard mutter under his breath to the woman. "Be mindful of that one, she's volatile." The comment made Amalie roll her eyes, as the door shut behind her.

"Let me tell you, I've had warmer welcomes in Iceberg." She commented, before moving further into the room. She glanced at the other mage, then back to the leader. She moved forward, not waiting for instruction. She slid into one of the chairs opposing the leader. "Amalie West, I'm a soldier from Dies Irae. We were sent word that you needed aid in taking care of a certain group of 'bandits' that have been troubling you." She said, figuring it was best to introduce herself properly, hopefully, to avoid any further misunderstanding.

WC: 919 | Amalie's WC:: 1,530 | Thread Total:2,909 / 14, 000
    Colour Codes :: Anima #cc6666 | Amalie #6699ff

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 13th May 2019, 1:44 am

The arrival of the newcomer was direct and straight to the point, all pleasantries cut out. As is the culture of the new legal group called Dies Irae, Shane seemed to thought as he glanced at the lady who had just entered, the practical no-nonsense military type that was surprisingly rather scarce in the Rune Knights, save for the Marshall and one of the General. The first thing Shane had noticed was the vibrant red and white uniform that she wore, further confirming her identity and her guild affiliation in her introduction to Joltrin. He looked down at his own attire, a wry smile appearing on his face. How he dressed and carried herself was a stark contrast to the newcomer who had named herself Amalie.

If it had been any other person, they would have been flabbergasted by the laconic arrival of the mage but Joltrin wasn’t. The man held himself straight and proper, with all the authoritative air of a born leader, showing no weaknesses as he took it all in his stride. He sat down as well in his one seater, leaving Shane the last one to be seated. It seemed like he was currently invisible, as the two other person in the room silently squared off. Shane had never felt so invisible in his life.

Shane cleared his throat once, trying to ease the tension and then proceeded to prompt Joltrin into starting the briefing. When the village head met his eyes, he merely smiled and then started talking with his elbows on his thighs.

“A week ago, we were attacked by a bandit group calling themselves Skourge, with a ‘K’. We have some farms outside of our village, small fields of rice good enough to sustain this village, and they were hit. The farms were destroyed, houses destroyed and the silo which we stock the grain completely robbed. They left a calling card, painting the name of their group on the walls of the farmhouses in red paint before leaving. A message had been left, that this was purely an expeditionary force, and the full brunt of it would be arriving soon.”

“We don’t know they are going to do it, whether they would sneak in and then unlock the doors for the bandits to come or just come knocking on our front door, but they have promised that they will be returning in full force. We need your help to help us organize our defense in preparation for their arrival,” Joltrin explained, his tone serious as he looked at the two mages in front of him. Shane was nodded in response and then looked at Amalie, deferring the authority to her in this job. There were many in the Rune Knight that had felt dissatisfaction at the establishment of this military-like legal guild, feeling that they were trying to take over their position as the upholders of law.

But the higher ranked members of the Knights had a different opinion. They welcomed the arrival of this group of mages, appreciating their assistance in making sure that Fiore wouldn’t devolve into a lawless stinkhole, especially with the increasing advent of dark guilds. And Shane shared this opinion. Especially when it was obvious as day that the female mage was way more powerful than he was.

“Amelia.. Sorry. Amalie. What are your thoughts?” Shane prompted. “The Rune Knights got some intel on this group of bandits before. Their numbers go up into the high hundreds, arguably a militia in the making. We could just make a stand, the two of us, at the front of the village to keep them busy or like Joltrin suggested, arrange the villagers to aid in the defense.”

He was supposed to have spoken his piece, but then the Rune Knight realized he had forgotten one thing. “Oh, Shane Stern, Rune Knights.”

[641 words]
    [Total WC: 3550 / 14000]

Amalie
    Amalie

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Amalie 19th May 2019, 9:21 am

Amalie met the leader's gaze with a cold-stoicism. He seemed to say nothing in regards to her arrival, only eye her with a questionably hard stare, one which she returned in kind. The white-haired fellow cleared his throat, causing Amalie to draw her blue eyes to him. Taking the first real look at his face, he was a few years younger than her. She noticed although the woman knew well enough that in the world of mages, ages wasn't much of a factor in regards to strength. She senses a decent amount of magic from him. Reasonably enough to work with, granted he knew how to use it effectively. His attire and the general air he held about himself suggested to her that he was well-trained in combat. Although to really judge his skill, she would need to see him in action first.

She dragged her eyes back to the Village leader as he spoke. Briefing them about of the bandits who had titled themselves as 'Skourge'. From the sound of it, the bandits had attempted to brand the village, leaving destruction in their wake. Most likely an attempt to build their reputation, a need to be feared. Amalie was, quite familiar with this tactic herself, it was something the Corvin's had done often. Fear, often meant control, at least, it had to Wyatt and Charles. The man went on to explain the warning that had been left, apparently, the message the bandits had left, suggested the worst was yet to come.

Amalie deliberated the options, taking out a group with so little to go on wouldn't be easy. It would be much easier to find the lair of the bandits and destroy their roots entirely, rather than waiting for them to come to them. Because if they were smart, they would leave a good deal of their members at their base, both as a means of protection and a backup, in case the attack went horribly wrong. She would hear the other mage address her, or at least, attempt to. Accidentally calling her 'Amelia' at first, she glanced over once more, arching an eyebrow at him but said nothing as he apologised and corrected himself. He addressed her with a question, before continuing to explain what he knew. Hundreds. The corner of her lip curled up into a slight smirk, that was quite the intimidating number. She couldn't help but feel a niggling of excitement build at the prospect, after all. She had really tasted a sample of the magic Anima had waiting within her. This would be the ideal time to try it out on an actual target.

She would turn her gaze to the leader, sitting up slightly straighter. "How many of your people can fight? With such high numbers, they could full well just storm the entrance to the village. And whilst I have no doubts in regards to our capabilities in handling them, we cannot ignore the possibility that they may find a means to manoeuvre around us. With such high numbers, they are likely structured by a hierarchy of sorts, there will be a leader assigned to a set number of their bandits. Should we attack them full on, there is the possibility they will attempt to surround us so that some of their people can continue on to the village. You will need to be prepared to defend yourself. Archers would be ideal, or if you have any mages with long-ranged spells. Have them guard the walls, any footsoldiers should be ready and waiting also. Are there any other access points into the village? We'll need to cover our bases should they attempt to infiltrate via an alternate route. I suggest finding a means to signal us, should they breach the village in such a way. It'll be much harder to handle them should they gain entry into the village."

She would turn back to the Rune Knight, "My magic is quite versatile, for the most part, I specialize in balancing both attack and defence. I have a significant number of long-range spells that can wipe enemies out in mass, but essentially I do much more damage in mid-to-close ranged combat. Wherever the enemy attack from, It would be most effective for me to fight at the core of the enemies numbers."  She told the man, taking a pause as she gazed at him with an expectant look, waiting for him to reciprocate with information on his own combat experience.

WC: 748 | Amalie's WC:: 2,278 | Thread Total:4,298 / 14, 000

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 20th May 2019, 7:11 pm

As the lady’s attention was turned to him as he spoke about the bare information he had on the bandit group, the slightly upturned corners of her mouth did not go unobserved by Shane. Every mage that he had partnered up so far had carried this cocky bravado about them, their magic allowing for some recklessness and danger mixed into a cocktail of adrenaline. But it was a positive thing. He would rather work with an enthusiastic partner than someone dragging him down.

It took everything in him to push himself from reciprocating with an equally excited smirk that came very naturally to him at the thought of combat. Shane kept his face passive and indifferent until he came to the end. The moment he finished, Amalie would have turned back to Joltrin and literally bombarded him with an assortment of questions. The man was taken aback a little, caught off guard by the series of questions but he was quick to regain his composure, hands gripping tight on the armrest of his one-seater and propping himself up into a straighter posture.

The village leader before them was a role model for leaders, a true down-to-earth sort of man who would take the time and effort to fully understand everything under his watch. Without any secretary to whisper answers into his ear or any documents to refer to, the man shifted his hands from the armrest onto his laps, fingers intertwined before speaking.

“I have twenty trained guards, good enough to at least hold off two bandits per person. I have thirty more young men and ten senior hunters in the village, fit for enlistment. Five of them are the son of hunters, very familiar with bows while the remaining twenty-five can be trained into a passable defensive force. That gives a total of sixty men capable of fighting. Unfortunately, I’m the only mage in this village, a barely-trained one I must add. My career can only be considered part of a phase in my teenage years. As for the structure of the village, we are built as a fortress with the rivers forming our defensive barriers. There are no alternate routes of this place, an oversight on my predecessors’ part, but I’m working on one as we speak, though it would not serve any benefit now. However, I do have some good news. This village grew from an abandoned fortress, and when it took root here, the first village head was sensible enough to maintain the few siege weapons left abandoned. Over the years, we have been repairing the weapons and keeping it well-maintained for our defenses. Our guards are all trained to use them. We have two short-throw trebuchets built into the castle wall, facing the front and 6 ballistae, one on each sides of the trebuchets, triple-bow ballista capable of shooting three arrows in succession before reloading.”

Shane looked at the man with a newfound admiration, and a small bit of hope came to light when he mentioned the siege weapons mounted to the top of the walls. It would at least keep the incoming bandits at bay, slow them down enough for the two mages to whittle their numbers. The moment Joltrin was done, Amalie had quickly spoken up, offering information on her magic and her fighting style. Joltrin then offered his own as well.

“I use Water Make magic, and I’m most proficient with forming water into projectiles for ranged attacks,” the man said, and as if to convince the two mages and himself, he directed his magic into the cup of green tea before him, willing it to rise from the cup. And it did. Shane took a moment to think, taking it as an opportunity to hone his ability to concoct viable strategies and tactics, as it was one of his biggest weaknesses with a tendency to act brashly. He wasn’t made to be a leader, at least not now.

“My magic is dominantly for offensive purposes, with a mix of spells that gives me an advantage in close combat and mid-range combat. Unlike yours, Amalie, I don’t even any spells for long range combat. Allow me to first explain what I think we should do and you can both correct or revise the plan if you see a better way. From what Joltrin has said so far, the village defenses are quite weak, but we might be able to hold them off with the siege weapons. I would suggest three parts to this plan. Part one would involve the wall defense. Get the guards to teach anybody, outside of the forty men suitable for enlistment, on how to use the siege weapons. They will be manning them. The ten senior hunters and their sons, would teach the other twenty-five young men on how to use the bow. Combined, these forty men will be positioned at the top of the wall as well, I’m hoping that the positional advantage from the top of the wall will be able to compensate for their skill, or lack of. Joltrin will be leading this group, and I hope that you would be able to use your magic for water bombardments as well.

“Part two will see myself and the twenty guards defending the walls and the gate on ground level. Set up barricades in front of the walls. We will hold them off for as long as we can while part three, the most crucial part of all, sees Amalie wreaking havoc within their core as she suggested.”

Turning to Amalie, Shane then put forth the question that might or might not get on her bad side. “I can easily sense your overwhelming magic power just sitting here. I believe without a doubt you would be able to destroy them from the inside while we keep them from entering the village. What say you?”
    [978 words]
    [Total WC: 5276 / 14000]

Amalie
    Amalie

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Amalie 24th May 2019, 9:11 am

The Village leader, Joltrin answered her questions clearly and with great detail, enough to satisfy Amalie. At the very least, someone in the village was finally acting with some reasonable professionalism. He confirmed the total of sixty men capable of fighting, which was significantly more than she expected this village to be able to provide. However, as to whether it would be enough to fend off the bandits, they would have to see. The lack of mages was a disappointing factor. If the bandits had a good number of mages amongst them, that would certainly tip the odds in their favour, especially if they were powerful. But even so, the weapons he mentioned would certainly help eliminate a good number of the normal bandits. She would nod at him, before having turned her gaze to the Rune Knight to address him before explaining her combat abilities. The leader offered his own explanation of magic, mentioning that he was a Water Magic User skilled in using long ranged attacks.

The man named Shane would begin to explain his own combat abilities, before offering his own plan. She would listen quietly, he seemed to have taken the information that Joltrin had offered, and quickly formulated a battle strategy. Suggesting they fortify the defence of the village by teaching anyone not-enlisted to use the siege weapons. She would assume this was so as to not waste their combat abilities on having them load and fire the siege weapons. He also suggested that the hunters train the remaining young fighters to use a bow. Which would help in their defence of the wall of course. He would then offer to man the gate with the remainder of the guards. Whilst Amalie would be permitted to move into the core of the bandits, where she would be able to take them out in mass. She pondered this suggestion for a moment, trying to work out any flaws in his plan. It felt like it would work, as long as they had enough time to train the men. His final remark, caused the woman to cock her head at him, watching his face as he commented on how much power he could sense from her. His words weren't being said for the purpose of flattery if anything they seemed quite earnest. He seemed to be acknowledging her capabilities and expressing his will to work with her. You certainly make a difference huh? She thought, a comment directed at Anima.

"Sounds like a plan." She replied simply, before standing up. "I'll leave the preparation of the soldiers in your hands," She commented, she doubted she would provide much use in training. She had never taught anyone anything before, and her only tutor had been well, Johann. When he had taught her how to wield the sword, and allowed her to observe him in battle so that she could learn how to fight more effectively. "If you don't mind, I'm going to familiarise myself with the Village's surroundings. I need to work out how much range I'll have to work with when using my magic."  Afterall, she certainly didn't want to end up damaging the village by accident. She would on her heel, nodding at the two men, before making her way out of the room.

-- A few days later --

Amalie hovered above the village, floating in the air, over a hundred metres above the ground. Her ice-blue gaze would scour the surroundings, her left hand draped casually over the hilt of the rapier at her belt. It was time. She could sense the hordes approaching the village, they hadn't quite moved close enough yet. But they were incoming, there were mages amongst them, some weak, and some strong. Amalie's expression was of complete calm, although inside there was an anticipation building, growing greater and greater with each passing moment. An excitement, she felt feel the magic itching inside her. Anima shifted slightly, she could tell he was eager too. Eager to show her what he was capable of, and to finally be able to 'stretch his legs' as he had put it. Apparently, it had been aeons since the Seal had been able to use his power freely, and with the loosened binds on the seal. He would finally be able to fight as he pleased.

The village was bustling below, soldiers getting in place, weapons being collected. The siege weapons being loaded frantically in preparation for the first wave. It had been quite the productive few days, although as to whether the people of River Village were ready for it. Well, only time would tell. After a few moments, she would lower herself to the ground, searching for the Village Leader. She would approach him swiftly. "They'll be with us shortly, are your men in position?"

WC: 803 | Amalie's WC:: 3,081 | Thread Total:6,079 / 14, 000

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 27th May 2019, 11:25 pm

His comment about her power level was taken, and the female Dies Irae member would then stand up after agreeing with the plan. It seemed that letting her run loose in the center of the invading bandits agreed with her style but it would also be another thing to see how it would pan out. But that was the least of his worries. With the plan ready to be put into action, Shane looked back at Joltrin after the femme fatale had left the room. The village leader turned to look at Shane as well and nodded. The two of them stood up and walked out of the room together, to begin the preparations.

Shane watched as Amalie floated through the air, soaring above the village like a divine protector. It had been a few days since the meeting and the two mages had been equally busy with their preparations. There had already been sightings of the bandit army approaching the village, and based on their speed, it seemed like today was going to be day of reckoning for River Village. Shane looked over at the archers standing before him. They were gathered in front of the large gates, preparing to move up the stairs at the side of the gate columns into their firing positions. And like Shane, they were looking at Amalie’s flight, a feat incomprehensible to them.

“Archers, eyes down here,” the Rune Knight called out to them, four rows of ten archers, with the ten hunters standing at the front. The ten hunters along with their sons, five of them, made up fifteen experienced archers whose skills allowed to them shoot down deers and rabbits in motion without fail. The remaining twenty-five men, fit for combat but new to the bow and arrow, fidgeted with anxiety as they stood in place. Some were eager to show off their skills but most were nervous at the prospect of the upcoming battle. Who wouldn’t be? They were the last line of defense for the village and it was their family members at stake. Failure was not an option, and not all men had wills of steel to overcome that pressure.

“As we practiced, you will be split into two squad of twenty. Every three archer reporting to one hunter. Hunters, you will need to supervise your men on top of defending the wall. You guys will be the last line of defense, so make every shot count. Let’s move up.”

The hunters had been training the unexperienced young men with a lot of effort, and at the end of the few days of practice, they had sent one representative to speak to Joltrin and Shane about their progress. It hadn’t been great, with an accuracy rating of two out of five. A forty percent hit rate. Less than even half. But they had no choice. It was better than nothing.
    Shane followed them up the stairs, leaving the twenty guards experienced in combat by the gate. Joltrin was already up there, overseeing the preparations of the siege weapons, his expression serious. When the forty archers appeared above the gates near the siege weapons, Joltrin spared Shane a glance and nodded. Everything was alright had been his meaning. During the past few days the Rune Knight had also watched how the village leader led his people in these trying times. They abided to everything he said, making all the work easier.

Shane could see Amalie approaching Joltrin from the air. Leaving the two to their own conversation, the male mage went back down and smiled at his twenty guards. Before he could say anything, a gong was repeatedly hit, causing the horrible clang of the gong to reverberate throughout the village. Villagers unrelated to the upcoming fight retreated into their homes, pulling their windows and doors tightly closed. The smile on Shane’s face vanished as the doors began to open. The twenty men followed Shane out in two lines behind him, their hands gripping their swords and spears with white-knuckled grips. When the last of them finally walked out of the gates, the large wooden doors were swung back shut.

“Archers! Siege weapons! Prepare to fire at my command,” Shane could hear Joltrin’s call to his men.

“Weapons out, guys,” Shane own command came to the twenty men behind him, turning around to look at them. When he turned his head back, his outfit had completely changed, by virtue of his Requip magic. He was now wearing his EX-22 full black combat suit and a worn shield with fading paint appearing on his back, secured in place by a magnetic holster. A pair of large guns appeared along with their holster on his thighs, and Shane pulled them out of the leather holsters. The incoming horde of bandits was getting nearer now, a tidal wave of movements and dust kicked up by their charge.

[815 words]
    [Total WC: 6894/14000]

Amalie
    Amalie

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Amalie 5th June 2019, 3:40 pm

The conversation between Amalie and Joltrin was swift, he would confirm that they were ready and waiting. Amalie would nod before spotting the Rune Knight, currently, in command of his own group, he seemed to be preparing them for the attack. The gong would catch her attention, a warning to the villagers about the attempted siege. It was quite the ominous sound, her pulse would quicken in anticipation. "Once I'm out there, do not hesitate to fire any attacks once the bandits are in range. The arrows nor the siege weapons won't have any effect on me."

She told the leader assertively; there wasn't any arrogance to her words. But a simple understanding of her own capabilities, she had trained her magical barriers to take an immense amount of magical damage, quite frankly the arrows wouldn't even touch her. She would kick off the ground once more, rising up into the sky, she hovered over the gate of the village, a little way above the soldiers guarding the wall. The rumbling in the distance was growing louder now; unmistakably, it was the approach of a horde of men rallying to attack. Amalie's magic would stir within, the power of Anima moving within her. Her ice blue eyes would begin to turn completely white, almost appearing to glow with white light as she activated the demonic powers within. The demonic eyes would scan the land, and she would speak. Her voice magic began moving up through her throat as she cast her incantations. "Empowerment, Resistance, Fortify." The words would reverberate through the air, release a pulse of energy around her, amplifying her magic abilities.

She would watch the edge of the tree-line, watching it in a hawk-like manner as the bandits would begin to emerge coming into view. They were more heavily armed than she'd anticipated them to be. There was a certain stereotype that came with the term 'bandit' and while these were clearly not noblemen. They weren't untrained either. Dirty perhaps, but equipped with armours and various weapons to suit their tastes. Not to mention their numbers... their numbers were as Shane had predicted, there had to be at least seven hundred soldiers incoming, perhaps more.

Amalie. The seal would address her, his voice soft, questioning. You understand the nature of what is about to happen right...? She gritted her teeth slightly. She did. It occurred to her when she took this job, that she would have to commit an act she was unfamiliar with. She was not like Sivvy or Johann; killing wasn't something she was as familiar with having only done it twice. But in the nature of such a fight, she would have no choice. This was practically a war, and in war, death was an essential factor for winning. I'm aware.

Daemonium Salvatio will make it easier. I will also what I can do to numb any hesitations you have. However, if I sense any reluctance, I will take over completely. In such a risky position, not willing to commit to the fight will result in your death. He told her firmly, it was strange, coming to terms with the fact that she no longer fought by her own volition, but in synchronization with the being inside her. Understood. She replied simply because she saw no needed for argument. He was right. She had to commit to killing these man. Otherwise, she would be not much more than a liability. They were criminals, after all, selfish and greedy, sinful. All things that Dies Irae stood against, and failing to eradicate them would mean failing her guild. Something she would not allow to happen, not anymore. Anima's voice would erupt into the air around her, no long condensed to her mind, anyone paying attention would hear him. As though he was beside her, except that he could not be seen. His voice was smooth and silky, yet powerfully delivered.

""I give them eternal life,
    and they shall never perish;
    no one will snatch them out of my hand,
    The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?"

A sphere of light began to glow around Amalie, the words from the scripture appearing around the circle like rings, moving around her as a magical barrier. Each letter glowing with its own incandescent light. She would glance at the Rune Knight, and then at the Village leader. Suddenly the same barriers would appear around them as the spell manifested around them. It wouldn't affect their vision or ability to attack, just act as the first line of defence when under attack. It made sense to her to offer them this, as they were both clearly seen as leaders amongst the soldiers. If they fell, the soldiers would be in disarray. Strong leadership was vital in times like these. Her eyes drew back to the incoming bandits, which were in clear view of the village now. Any moment now... the fight would begin.

WC: 843 | Amalie's WC:: 3,924 | Thread Total: 7,737 / 14, 000

Magic & Stats:

Last edited by Amalie on 18th June 2019, 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 11th June 2019, 7:30 pm

Garbed in his black combat suit, an experimental armor provided by the Engineering Corps, Shane turned his neck to the left and to the right, eliciting a crack from each motion. The bandits were beginning to appear from the tree line, which was probably where they had been hiding out before this siege. Even the ground had begun to rumble from the footfalls of the charging men, their lines getting wider and wider as they came into view, their numbers extremely high. Shane did the quick math and smiled wryly. The village only had less than a hundred man fighting this invasion, while the opponent was bringing as many as seven hundred or more into the battlefield. It was like bringing a hammer down on an egg. Overkill.

As the bandits neared them, Shane suddenly felt a glow around his entire body. Without further scrutiny, Shane understood that it was a barrier cast upon him by his airborne partner. He tilted his head upwards to look at the flying mage, and gave a salute as thanks, unsure if she would notice it. As the rumbling on the ground increased in frequency, so did the war cries of the approaching bandits. Shane could hear the metallic clinks of the weapons prepped by the guards behind him, as they assumed whatever pose their fighting style would require.

Shane, on the other hand, raised his arms straight out, a pistol in each hand. The moment they were within range, the silver-haired Rune Knight began to let loose, his fingers rapidly pressing down on the triggers. Every shot caused the target to burn into flames, as Shane had activated his Incendiary Ammo spell, allowing his magic bullets to erupt into flames after making contact. Brows furrowed and eyes locked on to his targets, Shane’s arms occasionally shifted to the left and right, sometimes in concert, sometimes independently. The initial assault of his incendiary ammo created a barrier of flames, as the targets fell to his bullets, the flames catching on to the other bandits and the grass.

Add that to the barricades that had been erected along with the trenches dug into the ground, the bandit army was finding it difficult to approach. Any one of them who managed to avoid the obstacles were rewarded with a bullet to their chest or head, dropping them where they stood. From the top of the wall, rocks were arcing over the air, two at a time. It wasn’t enough to overpower the army and tear them apart, but did enough to also them down. And for those who managed to avoid the dropping rocks, they had to content with flying death as large arrows cut through the air.

The smell of burning flesh quickly got caught in the wind, thankfully in the direction of the incoming bandits. To those who hadn’t experienced it, the smell was enough to induce nausea, adding another layer to his attacks as a portion of the bandits within the ranks succumbed to the smell and retched where they stood. There had been a few that had managed to run past his assault, but the guards were warming up to the battle as well.

Before the bandits could reach Shane, they were already there, skillfully hacking them down. It was moving quite smoothly for them but Shane knew they had barely touched the tip of the iceberg. As the number of bandits that managed to avoid all of the obstacles created began to increase in number but still manageable, Shane holstered the gun in his right hand and then brought it to his back, where he pulled out Breaker. The weapon was actually a broken spearhead, but a magical one. The broken shaft was capped at the end, and upon his command, the weapon could alternate between spear form with the capped shaft elongated, sword form with the spearhead extending or dagger form with the spearhead and capped shaft at its default. Currently, Shane was using it in its sword form.

Shane joined the guards as they cut down the bandits that had made it through, his attacks alternating between using the gun in his left hand and the sword in his right hand. It was a newly learned trick, but Shane was slowly getting the hang of it as he weaved through the bandits with swiftness, each attack ending the life of another.

[732 words]
    [Total WC: 8469 / 14000]

Spells used (50% MP reduction from item)
    - Requip: EX-22 -25MP (6 more posts)
    - Requip: Huntsman & Knight -25MP (6 more posts)
    - Spell: Incendiary Ammo -25MP (5 more posts)

MP: 425 / 500

Amalie
    Amalie

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Amalie 18th June 2019, 2:26 pm

At the Rune Knights salute, Amalie would offer him a small nod. A means to show her acknowledgement of his thanks before returning her gaze to the plains ahead. The low rumble of the approaching bandits would grow louder, the thunderous stomping of their feet as they moved towards the village with aggressive haste. Amalie would wait, the adrenaline beginning to course through her as the fight drew nearer. The excitement and anticipation growing with each passing moment, Anima would not dull these feelings, as far as he was concerned; She needed them for the fight ahead.

Out of the corner of her eye, she would witness the Rune Knight as he raised his arms, holding out a pistol in each hand. There was a long pause, as they waited for the opportune moment to attack, and then, just like that, he fired. Releasing booming shots into the air that disrupted the quiet around them. She would hold her gaze on the incoming bandits, her eyes widening slightly as those who were hit would erupt into a mass of flames, immediately sentenced to burning alive at the hands of the knight. Admittedly, this threw her for a moment. Seeing death so suddenly creating the sense of apprehension within. Amalie... Anima would say in her head, his voice uncertain as he tried to make sense of how the Articulation mage was handling the situation.

The scent of burning flesh reached her nose; her gaze would flicker slightly, reminding of the last time she had been required to kill. The aftermath of murdering Seamus and having to burn the body to keep it from being discovered. Amalie, can you do this? Anima would ask once more; she could feel him getting ready to take her place, not entirely sure that she would be able to continue. She took a breath, closing her glowing white eyes for a moment. It was almost as if the world slowed just for a moment, the roaring gunshots growing muffled as just for a moment as she focused on her own breathing, collecting herself. Magic moving up through her body, coursing through her throat only to be released in an echoing shout.

"Translocation."

Her eyes would open, and she would suddenly vanish from where she stood, following which she would reappear in the midst of the enemies ranks. Standing amongst them in the blink of an eye. "Shards." She barked loudly before the bandits could even react to her sudden arrival. At her command, over a hundred glass shards manifested around her, broken and jagged pieces hovering in the air like bees. They would fly outwards towards the bandits, stabbing and slashing them one by one causing the area around them to quick erupt in a fountain of blood. Amalie gulped, she could feel the carving of their flesh, controlling the glass to slide between the nooks and crannies of their armour. Embedding themselves deep into their flesh, most of the glass would aim for the throat. The soft flesh there was the easiest target, after all, slicing across the neckline and causing blood to spurt from them as they let out a choked in agony. Those with chainmail guarding their necks would be a little tougher; the glass would have to worm its way into the gaps of their armour, like eyehole or between the seams of leather. Any point in which they could carve through, they would, burying themselves into the body of the bandits, until they were surely dead or rendered unable to fight.

The wave of glass was relentless, and in less than the space of thirty seconds had Amalie managed to take out at least thirty men before they wised up to what it was that was killing their companions. Amalie's breathing had grown slightly erratic, while she loved fighting; this was different. This influx of sudden mass murder had been quite shocking, even with Anima attempt to dull the traumatic effect the exposure would likely have on someone not used to death as she. She made the mistake of looking down at the corpses that surrounded her, the sight of which caused her to pause in her attacks. This is necessary Amalie. If you're going to survive this, you must deliver judgement. She clenched her fist, Was it really her call, to deliver judgement on these people?

They are sinners Amalie...I can show you...if it will make this easier. Amalie would feel Anima move to the forefront of her conscious, her magical aura would fill with his own, spreading out his own wave of sensory magic, except this wasn't just touching their magic. It would touch their souls, the moment it did, Amalie would feel it. Their sins; Murderers, Rapists, Thieves. The collective greed of these people was thick; it created the hive-like energy that was fueling their actions. They had no remorse for the lives they intended to take, nor the lives they had already taken in order to get here. They were, as Anima put it, sinners. Anger would rise in Amalie's heart, the feelings that erupted within taking over and riding her of hesitation, for this was a much stronger emotion. The newfound disdain for these people.

That's it...now call for it... Daemonium Salvatio.

The ones closest to the Articulation mage would turn their guns to her, firing relentless shots that would only prove to ricochet off the barrier that surrounded her. The air around her would change, her blue hair would slowly begin to turn white, horns would sprout from either side of her head stretching into a shape not dissimilar to the wings of a butterfly. Bright pink and green flowers would grow from the stem of each horn, decorating the base of each horn like a bow. From her spine white wings would begin to emerge, covered in Ivory feathers. Her body would glow with opaque white light for a few seconds, then as the light fading. Her uniform was gone, in its place was skin-tight ivory and black suit of sorts. From her spine, two additional limbs would curl around her, this bone limbs each bearing a scythe-like shape.  She scoured the area in the newly attained demon form. Bullets were still ricocheting off of the barrier, Amalie eyed the incoming bandits. She felt the rage seep in; this is what Anima had meant by making it easier. This form embodied his hate for sinners and with it came a hunger. A hunger to kill.

She would speak once more, a new spell being cast out into the area. "Frost." The wind around her would pick up, the air dropping in temperature as it suddenly became cold. The weather across the plains would quickly transcend into a blizzard, stretching out of the span of two-hundred and fifty metres. While allies would be unaffected by the blizzard, her enemies would be chilled to the bone, the weak ones would fall to the cold, frozen in place and some would collapse under its intensity entirely.

WC: 1,171 | Amalie's WC:: 5,095 | Thread Total: 9,640 / 14, 000

Magic & Stats:

Last edited by Amalie on 7th July 2019, 6:39 am; edited 2 times in total

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 21st June 2019, 2:05 am

A loud boom amongst a cacophony of war cries and clashing weapons sounded out as Shane shot one of the enraged bandits in the forehead at point-blank range. The bandit collapsed to the ground in a heap, while the Rune Knight, unfazed by the kill, holstered his gun by the side of his thigh. The Rune Knight threw himself into the next bandit, skillfully carving his across the chest with his sword before turning around to smash his fist into the face of another bandit with a backhanded blow. They were doing well so far, keeping the bandits at bay.

The strategy, while success still undetermined, was working well so far. At least that was what he hoped. On his side, the guards were still alive and more than capable of holding their own while the archers and siege weapons at the top of the gates continued to pummel into the enemy ranks. Joltrin was doing his part extremely well, as arcs after arcs of water sent flying over from the river into the air before bombarding the bandits. It created holes in their horde formation, the fallen ones subjected to the trampling of their frenzied comrades.

However, he had no visual of Amalie any more. She had been in the air a while ago but Shane could no longer see anything he scanned the skies, smoke from the fires he had caused blurring his sight. But he knew she would be okay. It was more of a question, how quickly she could wipe out all the bandits while Shane keep the gates closed.

As the sounds of battle continued on in the background, two thunderous roars drew Shane’s attention as he turned to look at the horde of bandits. The roars continued, and the source of the noise was finally made apparent when two large gaps opened among the bandits. Two gigantic men, each wielding a large double-bladed battle axe, leapt into the air and came down with similarly executed downward slashes. The ground rumbled as they landed back on the ground, the blade of their axes on one side sinking halfway into the ground.

“They have berserkers in their ranks?” Shane asked aloud to no one in particular, his initial expression of surprise morphing into a grin as a shield appeared in his left hand. His hand closed tight around the shield’s handles, firmly affixed to his forearm. It was a circular shield and while the color appeared faded, the designs were still clear enough. Three thin grooves were carved into the shield in a circle, creating three rings and the shape of a star in the center. Looking like a gladiator in a coliseum, with his shield and sword in hand, Shane charged at his opponents.

He lunged at B-One, the berserker on the left as the latter tried to wrench his weapon out of the ground but before he could pull it out, Shane leapt onto the weapon’s shaft and forward into the man’s face, smashing his face with the shield. B-One appeared to be unfazed by the blow when Shane pulled the shield back, revealing a bloodied nose, receiving another roar to his face, spit flying at his face. The angered berserker flexed his muscles and lifted up his weapon while Shane was still balanced precariously on it, the Rune Knight’s added weight barely even affecting the monster of a man.

Shane was flipped into the air by the berserker’s swing, and before he could turn himself in the air, another battle axe swung through the air towards his midsection. The collision of axe against shield, resulting in a dull clunk, sent Shane plummeting to the ground, having barely defended against the brutal attack. It was unfortunate that the shield was capable of absorbing vibrations or he would have been out of the fight even if he hadn’t been sliced apart.

A downwards swing from B-Two, the other berserker, came down on where he had landed, with the Rune Knight evading it by rolling back and then quickly going back into a crouch. The two berserkers currently had the upper hand in the fight, forcing Shane to run around as he avoided their brutal blows. But Shane wasn’t as mindless as the two berserkers. The benefits of having Requip magic was the arsenal of weapons he had in his possession. And as a soldier, there was no such thing as fighting fair. Only winning and surviving, or losing and dying.

Breaker was immediately resheathed behind his back and his right hand pulled out his handgun holstered to his thigh. He still had incendiary ammo loaded, but Shane decided to cancel the spell. Once more charging towards the two berserkers as they did the same with their axes raised, Shane fell to the ground to slide forward, feet first when the first berserker’s axe swung through nothing but air. The Rune Knight could feel the breeze generated from the swing, but his attention was undivided.

The second berserker who was a few feet behind the first one, was now right in front of Shane and was about to carry out his swing. The moment he stopped, Shane kicked off the ground and leapt over B-Two, lining up his gun and fired off two consecutive shots, aimed at the berserker’s right shoulder. A growl of pain was issued as he lost strength in his right arm, put off balance by his swing gone wrong. With only his left hand holding the heavy battle axe, the berserker pitched forward. Shane landed on the ground behind him and without hesitation, let loose another two shots aimed at the man’s right knee, from the back.

The magic bullets blasted through his knee, shattering the kneecap in the process. B-Two’s huge stature immediately collapsed to the ground as the right leg went soft. Another two shots were fired at his left thigh, immobilizing him. All of this had happened while B-One’s was recovering from his missed slash and had to make an effort to turn around, only to see berserker buddy on the ground. A roar of rage later, B-One pulled off a move Shane didn’t think the berserker would have the intelligence to.

B-One did it as how he would execute a downwards slash, but this time he let go of the shaft, allowing the huge weapon to spin vertically in the air as it flew towards Shane. No way left, Shane activated the energy shield on Patriot. At the activation of the spell, color flooded the shield immediately, the outermost and innermost ring taking on a metallic red hue, the second ring and star taking on white color while the space around the star was blue. Bracing himself, Shane held the shield out in front of him as the thrown axe smashed into the shield, bounced off it and carved a flight back through the air to its owner like a boomerang.

But Shane would have none of it. It was his turn now. With perfect aim, the Rune Knight effortlessly let off six shots in rapid succession. Two bullets hit B-One’s right shoulder, one each through his kneecaps, and two more to his left forearm. Blood erupted into the air from all six bullet holes simultaneously, dropping the berserker to his knees.

[1214 words]
    [Total WC: 10,854 / 14,000]

Amalie
    Amalie

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Amalie 7th July 2019, 8:15 am

The cold blizzard that billowed across the plains would spread out like an unstoppable force, men were quickly frozen, the weaker ones would crumble under its force. Over two-hundred men were hit with the attack, and more than half of them were defeated by it. Amalie who would hover a meter above the ground now, floated across the field waving her arms. Her glass would manifest once more, going for those who remained. Her new-found rage towards the men taking no prisoners, as the demonic power influenced her. Use it, Amalie...My power... Anima would whisper encouragingly, his tone holding a sense of pride at the sight of the woman's merciless attacks.

She glanced down at her hands, she could feel it, the power coursing through her body. Itching to be used, craving the blood of the sinners that lingered near. She would look up once more, scanning the area for the closest horde of Bandits. Some were moving towards her, others had decided to try their luck against the wall. She was not concerned with them, from what she could see, Shane was handling himself just fine. So instead, she turned to the others moving towards her. Her glowing white eyes examining them, before she vanished into thin air. Reappearing in front of the nearest soldier, he would skid to a halt, thrown off by her sudden appearance. He would pull his weapon, a broadsword, slightly too big for the man wielding it. He would swing it towards her, only to have it clash against the magic barrier. Unable to cut through, or even make a dent. The ivory limbs of hers curled around her body, stretching outwards, they would wrap themselves around the magic. Before plunging into his back, the tip of the scythe-like claw protruding from the front of his chest. The blood would spurt from him, showering Amalie in it. She plunged her second ivory arm into his sides, before yanking both claws out with a sharp tug. The man falling quickly to the floor, she did not linger to look at the corpse but instead flew forward to meet her next target.

Fortunately, she had trained with Anima on how to manipulate this form, but it had taken some getting used to. Wings and an additional set of arms, and insectile bone ones at that. But thanks to his help, she had been able to adapt and was able to wield them with ease. Even so, it was certainly different, practicing with this on the training grounds and fighting with them in person. She would extend her claws outwards, before beating down hard with her wings. The force of which caused her to burst forward, propelling herself deeper into the hordes of the bandits. The combined force of her magical demonic pressure of the frost sweeping along the battlegrounds with her. Her scythes slicing through bodies as she passed, carving deep gashes into those who fell on her blades of bone. She could hear the screams of those she exterminate, crying out in agony before their demise. Deep down, there was still that wasn't sure how to deal with, her moral conscious debating whether this merciless slaughter was really the right choice. However, the hunger was too great to suppress, the need to punish these sinners and she knew it was too late to turn back. If she wanted herself, and those whom she had allied with to survive, then this was simply what she had to do. This was a war after all.

Even so, as much magic power as she had. The numbers they were still handling unbelievable numbers. She would reach for her hip, touching the hilt of her rapier as she debated her next move. Any close combat wasn't really ideal here, she would waste too much magic handling singular targets. She needed to take out numbers in mass, whilst ruled out a number of spells. But not so many that she couldn't get by, as ideas and plans began to form in the Articulation Mage's mind. She knew what spells she would use to destroy this army. She would yank out the claw scythe from another bandit, deciding that she'd had quite enough of that. It was time to take out the numbers more efficiently. Even more, shards would appear around her, she concentrated for a moment, allowing herself to create them in great mass. They spread out, further and further, covering the skies above like a cloud. Magic would flow through her body, "Eviscerate." She would call out, her voice echoing across the grounds.

The cloud of glass would appear to grow thicker and darker in mass, and manifesting within the gaps of the glass was metal spikes. Hundreds of them materializing into thin air, their sharpened ends would turn, much like the shards had, in the direction of which Amalie intended to attack. The woman eyed the soldiers as several of them raised their shields in anticipation, she wasn't concerned by this however because whilst the shards of glass could be deflected by such things, the spikes could not. She would raise her right arm across her chest, and then with a sweeping gesture, she would send the order, and the spell would shoot forward. Glasses and spikes darting towards the army of bandits, almost whistling as they soared towards them at immense speed. The glass would hit first, clattering against the shields. Some of them would shatter, some would move in between the caps, slicing away at the bandits from under the safety of their shields. She would hear a general order for them to hold their position, to move into a tighter formation. An attempt to protect themselves from the glasses and it was then that the spikes hit. Moving through the armor, albeit slightly weaker. The men underneath would quickly fall, as they were impaled by the iron rods. As several of the men fell, the gaps would reappear in their formation, and the glass would pour into them. Another forty enemies, gone in a matter of moments, it was a dent at least, a small one, but a dent none the less.

WC: 1,029 | Amalie's WC:: 6,124 | Thread Total: 11,883 / 16, 000

Magic & Stats:

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 11th July 2019, 2:32 am

The Rune Knight Captain wiped the sweat from his brow with the back of his right hand, the left hand still holding onto the shield that he had been using in excess. The battle for the village had barely passed the one-hour mark, and Shane could see that the end wasn’t going to arrive so soon. The numbers of the bandits, an army in itself was still continuously pouring in through the bottleneck that they had managed to create through a combination of trenches and pits dug into the ground, wooden spiked barricades, the continuous shooting of the archers, trebuchets and ballistae, Joltrin’s water elemental magic that slowed down the approaching men, and Shane and his squad of twenty armed guards fighting to keep the village gates closed.

Amalie, the only one within this entire village that could be called a powerhouse had planted herself in the middle of the bandit army, sowing chaos and wreaking havoc from within the beast of an army. Shane took a quick count of his squad, his count ending at seventeen, which he frowned and sighed. He had asked them to take a rest while he personally kept the bottleneck covered, fighting at the narrowest point with just his shield in his left hand.

White steam was repeatedly flowing off his body, Shane having activated two spells that allowed him restrained use of the energy granted by his magic, using them to boost his physical strength and speed. With a swing of his left hand and dull clunk, Shane had smashed the shield into a bandit’s face, blindly lunging at him with a raised spear. The force from the punch alone sent the man flying back a few feet, and he stayed down. His nose has been broken, the bone pressed into his brain instantly killing him before he even hit the ground.

Another attacked from the right, holding a large shield with large tusks protruding from the front. The Rune Knight eyed this attacker calmly before aiming with his gun. The first press of the trigger, along with the second and third only issued a click-click-click out of the weapon. Without any time to change the magazine, Shane holstered the weapon and stood his ground as he raised his own shield in response. The three large tusks collided with the front of his shield, barely even leaving a scratch on the oddly impenetrable material that the shield was constructed of. With a growl, Shane stood his ground while the attacker tried to push forward without any progress.

Knowing the attacker was continuing to push, the blonde mage sidestepped to the left, the bandit with the tusked shield giving in to his momentum and sudden lack of obstacle, causing him to pitch forward. The Rune Knight waited for him to hit the ground before slamming his booted foot into the man’s ribs, intent on breaking some with his kick so that the man would stay down.

The influx of armed bandits ceased for a few minutes as Shane stood at the chokepoint, the bandits at the very front watching the Rune Knight with apprehension. Every few seconds, one of the bandits would be pushed forward but then he would quickly retract his steps, eyes on the inhumanly strong mage in front of them. Shane welcomed the pause in the battle, taking in deep breaths as he stood guard. It was an odd moment but he was grateful for it. It afforded him some rest as well as for the rest of his men.

It wasn’t until screams of agony drifted from the center of the army to the edges, that they were once more spurred into action. Shane held up his shield in front of his face as something bounced off his shield, creating a few clinks. He watched the things that had flown into him fall to the ground, brows furrowed as he tried to comprehend the existence of flying glass shards.
    Amalie, the Rune Knight thought to himself, as he figured that it was probably a result of a spell that she had used although what exactly Shane had no idea. With a deep breath, Shane threw himself back into the fray, only to suddenly be completely lifted up into the air and sent flying backwards to the gate. It had been a kick, a kick from a golem made out of rocks and earth, created so swiftly that Shane had been lucky he raised up his shield in time or the direct blow would have sent him out of the fight.

The earth rumbled with each step the golem took, it’s height almost half of the village gates and twice of Shane’s. Its arms, ended like hammers instead of a hand and fingers, was sweeping to the left and right, tearing away the wooden barricades that they had erected, effectively breaking apart the bottleneck that had worked against the bandits so effectively.

“They just get bigger and bigger,” Shane grumbled as he spat on the ground, a wad of blood in the saliva. With another deep breath, the Rune Knight broke into a sprint as he ran towards the golem, the equipment on his body changing during the run. His holstered handguns disappeared from view, returning to the storage dimension, while his outfit was entirely changed, now donning a dark blue combat suit with a silver star and three stripes emblazoned across his chest. There was actually a helmet to go with it, but Shane had opted out, keeping his head unprotected and also unhindered. A larger firearm appeared on his back, strapped down as well but Shane hadn’t make any move to pull it out yet.

Instead, the soldier leapt up into the air when he reached maximum speed, thrusting his knee forward to collide into the golem’s chest. The resulting impact knocked the golem back a few feet, toppling the animated statue into the bandits, crushing them. His squad was also back on their feet after the rest, now hacking and slashing into the bandits with renewed but slightly diminished vigor. Shane scanned the bandits while he rushed into their midst, punching and kicking his way through. The golem was getting back up and Shane could take it down as many times as possible, but it wouldn’t change a single thing if he didn’t take out the caster.

[1059 words]
    [Total WC: 12,942 / 16,000]

Amalie
    Amalie

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Amalie 21st July 2019, 11:27 am

Despite their efforts, Amalie had to give it to the bandits; they were nothing if not steely in their resolve to break through or die trying. Which was likely why so many of them were already dead. The layer of corpses that covered the grounds outside the village was immense, along with some horses, demi-giants, snow and broken glass. The vastness of it all covering the grounds all around the village. Making it harder for the oncoming army to push through, and yet still they did. The army had even managed to work their way through the defensive ring of trenches, pits and other various mechanics in place designed to keep them at bay. Attempting to bottleneck through to the village.

It seemed Shane and the village soldiers were doing their best to cover the breach, Amalie took a moment to consider her actions. She could retreat back to the village and aid them in covering the gap, but that would only allow the broken up regions of their army to regroup together, allowing them a great force to push forward with. It seemed more sense to keep their attention divided and reduce the pressure on the village. To thin the herd a little before heading back for a status update. It seemed like the Rune Knight was handling things well enough on his own, not to mention the hunters, archers and other weapons weren't failing to take down a significant number either. She turned, doing another sweep through the air, she moved further into the depths of the bandit's army, once again using a combination of her sharp ivory scythes, her ice magic and the pure magical pressure she was giving off to take down those around her. Carving through the armies lines with ease, or at least, so she thought.

As she push further into the depths of the army, suddenly, the woman got a strong sense of danger. She pulled herself up, coming to a halt, she looked around sharply. Her instincts were sending warning signals throughout her entire body, although she wasn't sure why. At least not until she saw them, she realised that hidden through the army were several mages, chanting some formkind of incantation, hidden by the soldiers that surrounded them. The regular bandits had acted as a distraction, charging her in such a way that she wouldn't notice the mages. She attempted to teleport out of the area. However her body fell short of its normal distance. She reached out, realizing she was touching some type of magical barrier. They had trapped her inside of it. The remainder of the bandits within the barrier escaped through to the other side, safe from the clutches of the Articulation mage.

She stopped taking a moment to consider her actions; she needed to break through the barrier. But even she knew this wasn't going to be easy, perhaps if the barrier was only made up of magic from one or two mages, but with this many working together ; their combined power was immense. She waved her palm, creating a horde of broken glass and iron spikes, these would shoot outwards towards the walls, but smash against the invisible magic walls with little effect. The mages began to close in, narrowing the space between them. Amalie could feel their magical pressure increasing, building up as they closed in on her. Amalie. Anima barked in her mind, trying to encourage her to act quicker. She took a breath, she had an idea, but it wasn't pleasant. She parted her lips to speak but heard the roar of one of the mages.

"Try as you might, you are sealed within our magical encasement, face it, you are defeated. You are strong but no match for us!" It was a deterrent, she knew this, and yet still it stopped her in her tracks. She eyed him, her ice-blue eyes glowing with outrage. How dare this pathetic being claim to be able to have defeated her. She stilled, calming herself.

"Fine... seeing as you're so arrogant, I will give you one chance to defeat me. But should you fail..." Her face contorted into a snarl as she hissed the remainder of her threat. "Then I will pass judgement on all of you sinners and cast you deep into the depths of hell." She turned, moving towards the centre of the group, waiting quietly as they finish their enchantments. She could feel Anima's uncertainty. Amalie, are you sure your body can handle this? I can take over if you wish. She smirked in response, before replying in her mind to the Nephilim. Have faith in me Anima, I'm tougher than I look.

At that moment the mages magic came together, pure magical energy pulsated before erupting around her in a giant explosion. At first the barrier managed to hold, but even the combined magics of this many mages seemed to be too much, the barrier around her cracked under the force of the blow, and Amalie was hit with the full blast. The pain was incredible, as the magic rippled over her body, her flesh was seared and several bones cracked under the impact of it. She crumpled to the ground, gasping from the pain, it was quite bad. But still, nothing compared to what she endured that day when she had attempted to remove Anima from her body. Compared to that, this was barely a scratch. She would cough a few times, blood seeping from her mouth. She spat it onto the ground before shifting weakly onto her knees. She looked up at the sky, her vision was blurred from the blood seeping down her forehead and her ears were ringing from the impact of the explosion, but still, she brought herself to speak,

“Though I... walk in the... shadow of death"

"SHE'S CASTING A SPELL, WE NEED TO HIT HER WITH ANOTHER BLAST!"

"I can't. It took most of my mana to cast that spell!"

"Me too!"

"Argh! Drop the barrier. We'll have to charge her!" The barrier was lowered, and distantly she could hear the roar, the rumble of footsteps as they hastened to their target. But despite this, these sounds were dulled, and as she spoke, her words were crystal clear.

"I will...fear no... evil...for you are... with me.”

In those moments, as swords and spears were about the descend on the Articulation mage, a blinding white light would erupt from her body. The glorious holy light would spread forth from her, latching on to those who were charging her. It would stop them in their tracks, and holding them in place as the magic seeped into them, wrapping itself around their souls. It wouldn't attack their bodies, but their spirit, tearing them from their hosts. Their souls were shining like bright orbs, tainted with glimmers of darkness. Andso the light surrounded the Articulation mage would drag them down into the ground, where they would be sent to the afterlife for judgement. The bodies dropped to the floor, now nothing more than empty shells. Amalie would slowly climb to her feet, summoning her magic once more, she would utter another spell.

"Heal." As soon as the word passed her lips, her body would begin to regenerate; the seared flesh, the broken bones, cuts and grazes. All of it slowly undone as though the time around the woman itself was being reversed. She stood there for a moment, her body still glowing with light, before turning back towards the village. Despite being healed, she was still covered in blood, there had been a laceration of her head, much of her blood had gone in her eyes. She walked almost casually through the army horde, her scythes carving a way through. The mages were dead, she'd seen to that. If there were more then she would handle them after. Despite her earlier decision, she decided it was best to regroup and get an idea of where things stood at present. As she got closer to the village. She would teleport back past the trenches, not far behind from where Shane was. She approached one of the men.
    "Water." The soldier quickly unlatched a hipflask from his hip, handing it to her. She unscrewed it's cap, first taking a swig, before pouring it over her face. She ould reached up and wipe away most of the blood and debris that was impairing her vision. She offered her a nod of thanks, before looking back out the oncoming army. It was clear that the River Village was fairing better than the bandits were, but it didn't mean they were ready to give up. It seemed like this would be war, would only end once they were taken out completely.

WC: 1,460 | Amalie's WC:: 7,584 | Thread Total:  14,402 / 16, 000

Magic & Stats:

Last edited by Amalie on 25th July 2019, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 25th July 2019, 3:30 am

Shane ran atop the fallen golem, the height of the thing was massive, reaching the same height as the village gates. The size of the body could be likened to a small hill, also the reason why he was scaling the animated statue. This naturally drew the attention of the bandits and without fail, they began to scale up after him, weapons brandished and ready to chop him down now that he was cut off from his guardsmen. Shane merely shook his head as the first bandit charged him, the Rune Knight merely sidestepping and slamming his shield into the man’s shoulder to throw him off the sleeping giant.

He could have pulled out the grenade launcher, Bloody Mary, on his back to blast multiple bandits to oblivion with each shot, but the relentless slaughter from the beginning of the invasion was slowly weighing down on him. If his conscience was an entire field of stones, then each life he took was like stacking up the stones on top of one another. It was a precarious balance, and he knew that if he continued to push it, by taking more lives, stacking more stones on top of one another, it was bound to come crashing down on him.

It had already happen to him once, sending him down a dark road, a road he would never want to travel again. And he had only been able to find a way out through the Rune Knights. No doubt he was part of the Special Operations division, and killing was a given, Shane believed those were absolutely necessary. Unlike what he was currently doing right now. Another bandit tried to stab him from the back, but the Rune Knight parried the blade with his shield, pushing the man’s hand away from his body and sending a strong kick right into his chest and throwing him off the fallen golem.

And then the ground beneath his feet began to rumble. As he struggled to find his footing, Shane failed to react in time as a large hand closed down around him, pinning his arms to his side. His eyes widened as the golem began to raise itself from the ground, four columns of earth pushing him off the ground until the animated rock in humanoid form stood tall once more. Shane gritted down on his teeth, blood pumping to his head as the grip around him tightened while he tried his best to push outwards.

Steam began to be emitted from Shane’s body as he activated two spells that would allow him to tap into the excess energy that All Might would provide. With a frighteningly loud roar that seemed inhuman, Shane began to push his arms apart with a strength that was unlikely for him to possess physically. The rocks and earth that made up the golem’s right hand began to crack and loosen as Shane slowly created room to flex his arms. He strained against the magic that held the earth together, and when he finally managed to fully extend his arms, the golem tossed him into the air instead.

What followed was a giant fist of rock pummelling straight into him, sending him rocketing through the air and straight into the stone bricks above the gate. It would have been funny if not for the broken ribs that had almost perforated his lungs, Shane gasping for breath as he pulled himself out of the hole in his shape. He had been pushed almost one feet into stone from the impact of the punch alone. He let out a cough, drops of red blood exiting his mouth, and slowly settled into a trickle by the side of his mouth.

Something pricked at his back and Shane turned around to take a look. He gave a sigh at the ruined grenade launcher, completely bent out of shape and no longer useable. He was going to have to bring it back to the Engineering Corps to either repair it or get a new one. Meanwhile the shield strapped to his left forearm was completely unscathed, causing him to wonder what had actually managed to inflict the numerous fine scratches on the surface of the concave shield. But that was a matter for another day. When he didn’t have a titanic golem facing him down, threatening to dismantle everything they had been fighting for. However as he prepared to launch himself at the approaching golem, the ground rumbling with each step, Shane’s attention was distracted by another event within the bandits’ ranks.

For the first time he saw Amalie after the start of the battle, and it seemed like she wasn’t in a very advantageous position herself. Shane watched with wide eyes as she struggled against a barrier of sorts. A sudden barrage of explosions followed, contained within the barrier but the magnitude of the blasts caused Shane to despair. All of his being told him to head towards where Amalie was, irregardless if there was anything he could do to alleviate the situation.
    He never got to see what happened to Amalie, to know if she survived the explosions or not as another fist flew at him. Barely reacting in time, Shane leapt into the air before the fist could even reach the gate. The Rune Knight made a flip in the air, curling his body into a ball and extending his right leg outwards as he dropped with an axe kick right on the back of the incoming fist.

“Clover Smash!!” Shane roared, the stone forming the fist instantly pulverized as his ankle connected. Cracks spread out like a web across the entire hand, before crumbling to the ground, huge rocks and chunks of earth raining down upon the bandits below. Shane could only wish that the guardsmen had been out of the way. The Rune Knight continued running along the golem’s outstretched arm, which was now missing a fist. The mage controlling the golem wasn’t entirely dumb. He commanded for the golem to swing his entire arm upwards, throwing Shane off.

The right fist was finally put into good use when it struck towards Shane. Another mind-jerking blow struck Shane who had the sense to angle his body so that the first point of contact was against his shield, allowing it to absorb the impact. But he was still thrown up higher into the air by the gigantic uppercut. As he rocketed upwards, Shane regained his bearing and swore.

“Damn it, I’m ending this golem right here and now,” the enraged Rune Knight roared, as he activated another two enhancement spells that would further contribute to his overall strength. When he finally reached the peak of his heavenward flight, Shane angled his body so that he was now diving down head first. His right hand was leading while his left hand was tucked to the side, a new weapon gripped within his right.

It was THE hammer, Mjolnir it was named, a divine weapon said to have been forged from the heart of a dying star. The circumstances as to how Shane had managed to acquire it was outlandish but not completely impossible, giving him another way to further exceed his capabilities.

“Shooting Star!” Shane roared as the hammer gripped within his fist suddenly filled the air with electricity, even coating Shane as both weapon and soldier crashed into the very top of the golem’s crown. The impact caused by Shane and Mjolnir could be likened to the strike of a lightning bolt, with enough power to split the massive golem right down the middle. Shane had actually managed to drill a hole right through the golem’s body, and broke out of the animated being of stone at the bottom, landing on the ground heavily, while the latter began cracking and breaking off.

With his shield raised above his head to defend against the falling rocks, Shane scanned the entire field of bandits and finally found the mage he was looking for. Or rather, five of them. It made sense, seeing as how the golem would require a massive amount of mana to hold together. Shane loosened his grip on the hammer slightly, letting it slide out of his grip before he tightened his fist once more at the strap at the end of the hammer’s hilt. As though a sling, the Rune Knight began swinging Mjolnir around at furious speed, fuelled by his inhuman strength and finally let it loose in the direction of the five mages.

Upon striking the first mage, completely crushing his skull in from the collision with Mjolnir, the hammer bounced from one mage to another, never losing momentum until all five were slain. The hammer flew back in Shane’s direction, to which the latter snatched it out of the air with ease.

“This invasion is over!” Shane roared as loudly as he could. “Get. The. Hell. Out. Of. Here!”

[1484 words]
    [Total WC: 15886 / 16000]

Amalie
    Amalie

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Amalie 25th July 2019, 10:55 am

Blood, sweat, and water dripped from the Articulation mages face as she eyed the scene that lay before her. The Bandits had taken a serious hit, their numbers were nearly reduced by over half at this point and the village was still holding strong. Yet relentlessly they came forth, pushing on, they would not stop. Why? What was fueling them so powerfully that they would drive themselves to their deaths, did they have no fear? Or were they such fools to believe that they were dying for a worthy cause? In this form, she could feel it, the wrath, the greed, so many sinful thoughts. She could feel it festering hate, hate for humanity that she'd been given by Anima. This was what it was that fueled those emotions, this irrational, cruel human behavior. His love for his god and the disappoint in how his children were acting, this was a large part of how he'd come to be born. She was beginning to understand that now.

She heard Shane's roar, calling for an end to the war. She stilled for a moment, her eyes on the Rune Knight as he fought to defend the village with all his might. A moment of reflection as she was reminded of the true reason they were fighting, not to kill, not to punish, but to protect. The innocents of River Villages. Those who did nothing to deserve what these bandits were attempting to do. To rob, pillage, rape, and kill. To take from these people what was not theirs to claim. The blue-haired woman's feet would move and she would walk towards the battlefield once more. Her breathing was still hard, her body ached, and she was drained. But something pushed her feet to keep moving, she knew it was the demonic power making her want to kill and not her own volition. But it had dawned on her, why she was really doing this. Objectively she had known, but only know had it really sunken in. This wasn't just a job, this wasn't about survival. This was about doing what was right.

Suddenly she vanished, reappearing one last time in the midst of the fight. The army still raging forward. The shield around her had reformed, just as the horde of bandits rushed to her. Slashing away with their weapons in an attempt to breakthrough. She looked up at the sky, slowly she would rise into the air, levitating once more above the army itself. She took a deep breath, before speaking.

"This ends now." Her magic would move through her once more, building up, one of the spells she was about to cast she was familiar with. But the other was not, it was one of the newest ones she had developed. Something she had not expected she would be used so soon. The magic crept through her throat, pouring out of her as she called out her incantations. "Firestorm." The sky above would grow dark, clouds would begin to form. And so she spoke again, one last final command. "Obliterate." Above the woman, several swords of ice would begin to form, multiplying endlessly, to the point of covering the entire range of the battlefield. There was a moment of stillness as the bandits realized what it was that was about to descend upon them. Amalie would stretch out her palm, holding for a moment, and then, she would clench her fist as the swords would fall down on the earth. From the skies giant balls of fire would also run, crashing to the earth at immense speed. Harming everyone she deemed an enemy, some tried to flee, but escape was futile. Because the shower of fire and ice held no mercy, within moments. Initially, there had been an uproar of noise, agonized screams, and thunderous explosions. Until finally... it grew quiet. The attack would cease, smoke billowed around them, before softly blown away by the wind revealing the state of the grounds. There was not a single target left.

Amalie, Shane and The inhabitants of River Village; had won.

END OF THREAD

WC: 681| Amalie's WC:: 8,265 | Thread Total:  16,567 / 16, 000

Magic & Stats:

Current date/time is 6th May 2024, 6:38 am