Birthday: July 15
Special Characteristics: -
From a hero wannabe to a Rune Knight who fought for justice to enduring a decade of war, Shane's core personality has never changed. His enthusiasm may have been toned down, but most of it still remains the same. He is always one to reach out to anyone that might seem out of place, giving them the reassurance that they belong and he is never stingy with his smiles and compliments. No matter how bad the situation is, you can always count on him to hold the fort, doing his best to fight for that single strand of light within the darkness of hopelessness. He never gives up, as long as he holds hope.
He is also a man of great and unwavering loyalty to those who have earned it, while he himself is constantly working on matching up to the trust of those that had believe in him. He is constantly giving his best to anything he does.
In battle, Shane keeps his smile, ever a beacon of hope to those that needs saving and to inspire those he fights with. Despite his aloof nature, Shane is always calm and collected in battle, keeps his guard up and keeps a constant eye on his surroundings. He uses this to make up for the straightforward and simplistic nature of his magic, a sharp eye on opportunities where he can do most damage, even at the expense of receiving some himself, so long as he could deliver that crucial blow.
Having learnt from example from his time with the Rune Knights, Shane is able to lead relatively well and is always open to taking suggestions and recommendations from his peers and subordinates if it means better results. However, regardless of what his goal may be, the safety of his friends, subordinates and allies are always paramount to him.
- Extending help - Shane never hesitates a helping hand to those in need. He has matured a lot, knowing that he could never eradicate the bad from the world, but to those he sees, he will help when needed.
- Drinking - Perhaps a coping mechanism during his off-planet time, Shane has developed a love for drinking despite being unable to get drunk.
- Drawing - A past time that caught on and took hold, Shane is quite the accomplished one at sketching and drawing. But his talent stops there. Any attempt to add color will immediately kill whatever he has drawn!
- Bullies – Growing up small before he hit puberty and serving as the number one target, Shane had grown up tough with a revulsion for bullies or anyone with a bullying behaviour. And knowing Shane, despite the smile on his face, he would always be there clock any bully he lays his eyes on.
- Cardio - Who likes it? Shane will hit the gym any time if it's to do strength training, but he has to reluctantly force himself to do cardio just to balance things out because he knows it's necessary.
- Plain bread/crackers - Ten years of eating the same thing over and over again, sometimes three meals per day, has made Shane shun plain bread and crackers as much as he can.
- Making the world a better place – From his own experience, it is deeply ingrained in Shane that he needs to do more to keep the world a safe and peaceful place.
- Justice – More often that not, the line between good and bad is an extremely thin one especially with mages. Shane takes it upon himself to right any wrongs that he can.
- Strength – Be it mental strength or physical strength, Shane finds himself on an endless journey of improving himself as he firmly believes only with both, could he carry out his brand of justice and to continuously improve his life.
- Cockroaches – Outside of battle, Shane has an irrational fear of cockroaches. He is sensitive to the point where he can easily sniff out a cockroach’s scent in a room and refuses to enter that room until he is completely assured that the cockroach is no longer there.
- Weakness - Shane knows what it's like to be weak and he finds it crippling. When he had been transported to Athea, the first thing that he wanted to overcome wasn't settling down in a foreign place, but to quickly find a way to regain the strength he had lost (he became a normal person after going to Athea, losing access to his magic).
- Giving up - Shane is afraid of losing hope and giving up, something that he had struggled with after he had experienced defeat after defeat, retreat after retreat.
Weight: 180 lbs
Skin Tone: Light
- Shane Stern, 30 years old:
Faction: Rune Knights
Faction Chapter: -
Last edited by Shane Stern on 8th December 2022, 8:44 am; edited 13 times in total