Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Bring down the Syndicate [Job/ Sara and Shane]

Killua
    Killua

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Phase Running
    Position : None
    Faction : The Ironheart Pact
    Guild : Errings Rising
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 663,926

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Thunder God Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Bring down the Syndicate [Job/ Sara and Shane] Empty Bring down the Syndicate [Job/ Sara and Shane]

Post by Killua 30th April 2019, 4:48 pm

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Killua
    Killua

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Bring down the Syndicate [Job/ Sara and Shane] Empty Re: Bring down the Syndicate [Job/ Sara and Shane]

Post by Killua 1st May 2019, 11:21 am

Sara watched the calm sea from the side of the ship that she had boarded from the West Fiore Trading Company's headquartes. It was perfect as they were going close to Crescent Island where apparently a dark guild had made it to the island and was causing terror to the civilians. Syndicate was the name of the guild, quite an old one if Sara remembered correctly to what she had read from the little time she had while she waited for the ship to finish its business with the company and went on to depart from the company's port area. She was currently dressed with a white skirt suit, the company had a pretty strict dress code when a person had to deal with something related to it. 'Your gonna stand out.' The deep rumbling voice of her tenant passes through her mind, a small smile making itself present as she heard the voice. 'I'm going to change soon, either way they said they wouldn't go near the port of island to avoid the dark mages.' It was totally understandable that the mearchents would avoid it, they didn't want to risk the shipment that they had to deliver, but were still nice enough to offer her to get closer to the island, they had also offered giving her a boat, but with Sara's ability to fly it wasn't needed. She leaned on the ship railing as her lone eye watched the island. 'Their ballsy to attack such a place.' She said to her tenant through her mind. It was true that the island itself wasn't protected by guilds, they probably had a few Rune Knights there but nothing major, it wasn't like they could defend from a full scale invasion of a dark guild. The island was a famous spot for vacations, so it wouldn't have been long before guild memebers were sent to clear the threat out so the island can resume its daily activities to entertain the civilians that go out on a vacation. Either the attackers were quite stupid or they wanted to lure in mages. 'I hope they aren't weak so I can get some entertainment.' Her 'tenant' said .

"Miss Ravencrest" One of the sailers shouted towards her, Sara turned her head to the side to see him coming up to her. "We are getting close to the island and I think that this is as close as we can get you without risking them seeing us." The sailer said as she nodded and pushed herself from the railing of the ship. "Don't worry, you want to protect your shipment, still I am grateful for the ride." She said and went towards one of the cabins to change her clothes, the full white skirt suit would probably give away her position or atleast make them suspicious of her. "The pleasure is ours, the company has helped us out a lot, so this is the least we could do." The sailer shouted once more at Sara's retreating form. Soon she entered her room and changed to her usual dark clothing that she used along with her scarf. She hadn't taken her armor with her, more specificly the metal-skirt that she usually wears on more dangerous jobs. Draping herself in a brown cloak and pulled its hood up to hide her red-golden hair, after which she took the backpack that she used to pack her company uniform in and went outside again.  She went to left side of the ship and climbed up on one of the railings, turning back she sent a small wave to the sailors as they did the same. Facing towards the island again Sara brought her scarf upwards to cover half of her face as two golden wings made themselves present, In an instant Sara jumped from the ship and flapped with her wings to hover above the ocean, and went towards the island flying low so she would not be seen.

As she landed on the ground on the outskirts of the town, the wings disappearing from her back. She looked around the wooded area that she landed in and moved towards where the town was, that she spotted while flying towards the island. Moving through the tree's Sara idly wondered if she was going to be doing the job with someone, there was a posibility but it was slim, not everyone could get here fast as her. She was quite lucky to catch the sailers leaving towards this area to bring shipments, but other might not be as lucky as her in this regard. Soon she had reached an edge that overlooked the town port and Sara crouched near a bush, and looked towards the port of the town. There were a few ships that if she had to guess from the logo that was plastered all over them, that they were part of the dark guild. She then went on to look around the port area and the people. Most of them wore matching outfits and weapons with them, so they were quite easy to spot. They were moving civilians from the area, some even getting beaten up by the 'pawns' as Sara would call them. This guys were probably just foot soldiers of the guild, while they didn't look like anything spectacular, there was a lot of them, and as some say quantity over quality. This seemed like a bigger problem now, while they were probably weak, sooner or later they would tire her out, maybe it would be best to mix herself with the civilians so she could get deeper into the town and also search for someone to work with. She wanted to go and help them right away, but she wasn't stupid, they would overwhelm her fast.

Sliding down the hill to the port's wall, Sara moved silently towards a hole in the wall. She peeked through it and when the moment was right, she quickly dashed to where the civilians were rounded up and moved towards in the inner parts of the town. Her small frame would prove usefull to her as most adults and teens were higher then her, she could stay in the middle of the civilians without her being seen. Sara walked in the same pace as the civilians to not get unwanted attention on herself, and continued to count their numbers. She had yet to see anyone more dangerous but she didn't count on there being none. Even the weaklings weren't fools, they wouldn't attack a popular place so they can be upperhanded fast and sent to jail. The only thing that she could count on is if someone else had taken the job and gotten here fast. Either way she kept hidden with only her right eye being visible currently with her hood covering most of her upper face while the scarf she had covered everything under her eyes. Information was key in this situation and the more information she got before they find out about her the better. She was highly betting on them being stupid and not sense for magical signitures, it was risky but she liked to take them sometimes. 

Personal WC:1194
    Group WC:1194/14000
    @Shane Stern

Outfit with a plain brown cloak:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 
    Lineage : Super Soldier
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Experience : 623,530

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Plus Ultra
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Bring down the Syndicate [Job/ Sara and Shane] Empty Re: Bring down the Syndicate [Job/ Sara and Shane]

Post by Shane Stern 1st May 2019, 9:09 pm

“The island is too heavily guarded, Shane,” Line spoke up as they neared the island by a small boat. Harvar Line was originally the secretary of Hargeon Town’s major, who had assisted Shane in his earlier jobs handling rogue pirates on Hargeon Town. He had been a Rune Knight in Hargeon Town before, but decommissioned after suffering a permanent injury that would prevent from working in the field. Still, when Shane had joined the Rune Knights, Line had then approached him to see if he could rejoin them in the headquarters.

His application was approved almost immediately, putting him in the operations department where would coordinate the logistics of the jobs picked up by the Rune Knights. Right now, he was acting as the boat driver for Shane, sending him to Crescent Island for a sneaky infiltration.

“What’s this Syndicate about again? I can’t imagine such a huge dark guild taking over an island so simply under our noses,” Shane questioned as he looked out of the binoculars, observing Crescent Island and looking for a suitable location to enter from. The ports were currently full, from the looks of it, docked with the ships bearing the symbol of Syndicate. Again, Shane couldn’t believe how this dark guild could have amassed such resources and manpower without the Rune Knights knowing until it was too late.

“Based on what I found, the Syndicate was a dark guild from a hundred years ago. They were weeded out. I’m not sure if the rise of Syndicate again is the doing of a long-hidden successor to the Syndicate guild leader mantle or the doing of a copycat guild wishing to gain some fame instantly,” Line replied, keeping his attention on the sea as he coasted around the island slowly, allowing Shane a full view of the island.

“Whatever it is, they seem to be doing a real good job. Anyway, I’ve found a good spot to land,” Shane replied, pointing to a hidden beach. Line nodded and steered them in the direction, making sure they were travelling slow to keep the noise down. The waves did the rest of the job, pushing them inland until Shane could take a jump and land on the beach. Line remained in the boat, the vessel bobbing up and down in the water.

“Once I’m done here, I will get someone to send me back to the mainland,” Shane said with a wave of his hand before heading into the forests. Line merely nodded and drove off.

It took him almost an hour to traverse through the forests, slowing down as he peered at the docks. The islanders were being herded into the town, punishment coming to anyone being slow or dragging down the rest of the townspeople. He saw some of the Syndicate members brandishing short sticks, some with whips and they were eager to use them. Shane’s fingernails bit into his palm as he clenched them tightly. Crouching low to the ground, Shane snuck out of the foliage and began to follow the town’s walls.

He moved along the wall until he came to a gap in the wall. A Syndicate member was standing by it, but that wasn’t enough to stop Shane. Sneaking up on him, the Rune Knight swiftly wrapped his left hand around the man’s lower jaw while his right hand caught the man’s forehead, wrapping it all up with a violent twist that promptly broke the man’s neck. He didn’t release his grip, choosing to pull the man out of the gap and then tossing the man into the forest with inhuman strength.

The silver-haired Rune Knight went into the town through the gap and smoothly darted into the alleys, merging into the shadows. But he had seen enough while darting from the gap to the alleys. There were hundreds of the Syndicate members posted around the town, and they resembled a militia more than a dark guild. Shane cursed softly, peeking his head out of the alley when he heard the shouting.

The townspeople he had seen earlier were finally in the town, still being shepherded by the trigger-happy Syndicate members. While the other townspeople were hanging their heads low from the oppression, a particular face in the crowd caught his attention. He couldn’t tell if it was male or female, the person having veiled everything else on her face except for her eyes. And even then, only one eye was visible, the other hidden behind an eyepatch. The feeling he got from this particular person was completely different from the rest of the herd she was being packed in.

Shane requiped his EX-22 combat suit, completely garbed in black combat armor except for the headgear that came with it. A second later, there was only a shimmer where he stood. He had activated the Cloaking spell, rendering him invisible. He walked out of the alley boldly, and then joined up with the crowd moving towards the town square. Jostling into the middle of the crowd towards the fellow with the eyepatch broke his invisibility spell, with him reverting back to his original clothing. Now in the middle, Shane sidled up to the hooded person and whispered.

“I’m Shane. You’re here for the same job right?”

[874 words]
    [Total WC: 2068/14000]

Killua
    Killua

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Killua 2nd May 2019, 3:19 am

Sara cursed silently as she continued to keep track of all the dark mages, while they weren't anything special in terms of magic power and could be quite easily defeated but their numbers were insane for a dark guiild, and they had been under the radar for so long. Something didn't sit right to her, there was no way a copy of the guild would find so many mages to fight for them. Her attention was brought to a pair of mages that conversed while they escoreted the civilians towards the town center. The two idiots had no idea that she was hiding between the civilians, and that was quite the relief for her.

"We should be meeting with one of the executives soon." One of the two dark mages said to the other.

"Too bad we need these people as hostages, I would have loved to make some feel a bit of pain." The other dark mage said and both of them began to laugh.

Sara eyed the two mages and for a second thought of punching them through the wall the was on their side. She would have loved it, but she had to go through all the talk they would make without causing a ruckus and put everyone on high alert. At least she got information that there was an 'Executive', a higher ranked dark mage in their guild, which meant that their weren't going to be only weaklings here. Even in situations like these, Sara craved to get a good fight from someone, but over the time she learned to suppress the urge to lash out and find someone to fight. The last time she got a good fight was in her hometown Clover where she met Madison and together they stopped a dark guild from terrorizing the town any more. She smiled under her scarf at the thought that she is doing the same this time althought this guild seemed to be far more organized then what the guild in Clover was doing, but they were no pushovers, even if they had won the battle and saved the town, they didn't come out  unscratched from the situation. Still she had met a new friend that day and was satisfied with fighting a strong opponent .

She shook her head to get rid of the thoughts for now, it wasn't the right time to get deep in thought, she could miss something important or someone would sneak up on her and it would be too late. She stiffened a bit when she felt a presence that was unlike the rest of the small fry. Her mind was going a mile a minute now about the possible outcomes, the chances that it was someone that will be on her side were very slim, with all the enemies around. Maybe its one of those executives those two talked about, she thought, to her luck it was someone that was on the same job as her, and she sighed in relief and cursed herself for yet again not being aware of her surroundings. Her lone eye now pinned itself onto the new commer as he introduced himself, she idly wondered when did he make it to the crowd as the guards would have certainly been suspicious if someone was moving to fast. 

"Yes I am." She said with a small pause as she looked around,the guards were occupied with the civilians in the back and weren't looking in their direction. She looked back forwards and saw that the guards there weren't looking in their direction. Noticing an alley was coming up, Sara suddenly grabbed ahold of Shane's wrist and quickly pulled him into the alley so they can talk without being approached from the dark mages. Once they were in the alleyway, Sara pulled her hood down to reveal her red-golden hair and pulled her scarf down as she spoke up. "Sorry about that, but its better we don't get spotted their, numbers are quite big." She said as she got a closer look at the taller man that was now in front of her. "My name is Sara, from the West Fiore Trading Company, its good to know that I'm not alone on this." She said with a smile on her face.

'Your too trusting, what would have happened if he wasn't on your side?' Her 'tenant' told her slightly annoyed at how trusting his container was. 'I doubt that a dark mage that just took over a town is going to just stroll to me and tell me if i'm on the same job, he would rather attack me right away and overpower me in case i was an actual threat.' She retorted before exiting her mindscape and going back to reality. In truth their conversation was only a few seconds in real time. So she wouldn't have missed anything if Shane had said something.

"There's a lot of them, and from what a heard from walking through the crowd there are some people that are called 'Executives', if my guess is correct, they are probably higher ranked mages in the guild" Sara shared the information that she had gathered with Shane, it was important to share every bit of information that one has with the other. Information was key in a lot of situations, you could even beat stronger opponents if you had the slightest bit of an advantage just by knowing someones weak point. "Also there is supposed to be an executive somewhere close here, we could take him out so there is one less threat to deal with, we could probably move through the alley's to get there." She suggested, she would love to hear if Shane knew anything more then her or what he thinks about the quick suggestion that she made. After her suggestion Sara looked Shane in the eyes, more specificly his red one. She surpessed an urge to cover her eyepatch with her hand, and waited to hear if Shane has anything to say before they move up.

Post WC:1008
    Personal WC:2202
    Group WC:3076/14000
    @Shane Stern

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 2nd May 2019, 5:45 pm

Shane was inwardly relieved as the person confirmed her identity when he approached her. If this person he approached had been an undercover member trying to fish any insurgents against their cause, he would have landed in great trouble, unsure if he could even fight his way out of this throng of people. The fellow with the eye patch was actually a female, judging from her voice but Shane was still unable to discern her features, as her hood and veil was still up. But before he could continue their conversation, the girl had dragged him into an alley that they were passing through, finally leaving public eyes.

Hair that reminded him of autumn was revealed when she pulled down her hood and removed her scarf. The introductions started anew with her revealing her name and her affiliation, surprising Shane that one of the largest trading companies in Fiore would be sending a mage here for this job. He had always thought that the mages working for them would only be involved in any jobs that affected the company in any way, and only if it affected the company. Reciprocating with a smile, Shane introduced himself.

“I’m Shane, from the Rune Knights. I’m glad you will be watching my back too.”

He was glad when Sara shared intel with him, adding on to his understanding of the overall situation. His expression fell slightly when he heard of the executives but it was a given. The leader of Syndicate would have aces or generals like a normal guild to take care of the lower-ranked members. What worried him was the strength of the executives, and eventually their leader. Shane nodded his head in agreement to Sara’s plan. The Rune Knight then took out three photographs from his pants pocket and showed it to Sara.

“This is the only bit of information I could get before I came for this job. I don’t know how many high ranking members that Syndicate has. They have been very quiet, working under our radars for so long without us noticing. We got nothing except this three,” Shane explained before going back to the photos. “These three: Dellinger, Broly and Vergo. Dellinger and Vergo was moving actively some time ago and we managed to track them down before losing them. It never occurred to us that the two of them were carrying out jobs for the Syndicate. Broly was a more special case. The man bears a striking resemblance to Indra, the leader of the newly-created dark guild Rakshasa. Our men followed him by mistake but found plenty of evidence of the man. He’s extremely aggressive, extremely strong and wields an axe.”

As they spoke, Shane got a feeling that they were being watched and he warily looked upwards, only to find colorful confetti floating in the air above them. The Rune Knight was puzzled by the sight, before a head suddenly poked out from the top of the buildings forming their alley. A crazy smile on the bald guy’s face, his eyes definitely a window into madness.

“Welcome to the Syndicate. It was fun knowing you!” the man cackled loudly and snapped his fingers. Instantly the confetti floating downwards slowly towards them stiffened simultaneously in the air and rained down on them like razor blades. Eyes wide, Shane stepped forward towards Sara and put his hands on the wall behind her, his arms above her head. Instinct had kicked in to use a physical way of protecting her, but his wits activated his Forcefield spell in time, a layer of electric-purple barrier pulsing with magic energy forming around them in an orb, sparks erupting everywhere it was hit by the dropping confetti.

Due to his position, Shane was looking at the ground and he shifted his eyes to observe the fallen confetti. Most of them were embedded into the ground, sharp enough to slice into the cobbled ground but not enough to go all the way through. Yet, that was already more than enough to deal with them had he reacted a few seconds too slow. With the barrier in place, Shane pushed off the wall and mumbled an apology to Sara if he had offended her before looking up to the roof. The dark mage from before was still on the top of the roof, looking down on them as the assault of confetti continued.

As though a flower girl walking down an aisle, the man continued to throw down harmless confetti that would turn into killing blades halfway through their descent, relentless pelting the forcefield Shane had created. From the way the forcefield was reacting, the Rune Knight the spell was going to reach its limits soon. He would have been able to jump up straight to the roof and engage the bald man in combat, but doing that would leave Sara vulnerable. He wasn’t sure if she had any defensive spells.

He raised both arms into the air and summoned his handguns, Huntsman and Knight. In retaliation to the falling rain of confetti blades, Shane fired with his guns, magic bullet after magic bullet. The Rune Knight never thought of actually getting a headshot, just hoping that the barrage of bullets would drive the man away.

“What now?” Shane asked, when the bald man was finally forced to take cover. “We need to hide now that they know we are here.”

[899 words]
    [Total WC: 3975/14000]

Killua
    Killua

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Killua 3rd May 2019, 5:40 am

Sara was quite surprised when she heard that Shane was part of the Rune Knights, it was going to be the first time she would see one in combat. She didn't count their foot soldiers, it wasn't a real show of how good the military of Fiore was, but now her perspective could be changed on the matter. Foot soldiers were only good in big quantity, does that had the quality to be more then foot soldier moved up quite quickly compered to others. She was certain that Shane wasn't a foot soldier, it was quite obvious actually, even dumb to even think about it in the first place. He had some abilities if he was able to get to her in the crowd of people without getting spotted, and judging from his magic pressence he wasn't that far away from her own magic power. And from the scar on his eye, he had probably been in a pretty tough situation that he had gotten out of. So for now, Sara would place her hopes on her new job partner.

Sara listened to Shane and looked at the pictures that he had pulled out from his pockets as he began to share his own information, being a Rune Knight had its perks. Now they knew that there was atleast three executives and one of them was already confirmed to be a tough opponent to face. Either way it was good that Shane had more information, even if it wasn't from the surrounding area, they knew what to expect from one of the enemies, but there was something that was worrying her, if the one named Broly was extreamly strong was he the leader? Or there the master of the guild was someoen even stronger then him.

"The last one has me a bit worried, if his 'extreamly strong' as you say, and it turns out that his not the master of the guild we will have a huger problem on ourselves." She said as she adopted a thinking pose. They needed some sort of plan, even with the help of the Rune Knight Intelligance they were still with a limited amount of information. The best course of action would be to find a way to take down the executives one by one so they can save their strength for when they have to face either Broly or the guild master in the end. There were probably atleast five executive's, and their rank of strenght almsot certenly varied from mid class mages to high class ones. They would have to be extra cereful in how they plan out their movements and when to strike. The only good thing going for them now was the element of surprise that they still had.

The thing that Sara didn't notice until it was to late was the confetti in the air as she was looking in the direction of Shane while she was deep in thought. She hadn't even noticed him looking upwards until she heard a voice from above them. The bald man cackled loudly after he had 'welcomed' them before the confetti that was in the air became razor sharp and shot downwards towards them. Her right eye's pupil changing to a strange pattern as she looked at the confetti that was aimed to hurt them or even kill. She was just about to cast her own deffensive spell when Shane had put his hands above her and on the nearby wall to protect her with his own body, or atleast that was what she thought until the confetti had hit something the she couldn't see at first due to Shane's form covering her. The only thing she heard was the sound electricity and sparks flying everywhere. Seeing as he was undamaged ment that it was his own spell, and Sara sighed in relief, he would have taken a lot of damage if he had protected her with his body. She looked at the ground to see the confetti embedding themselves in the stone ground.

"There is nothing to apologize for, you were only protecting me, you have fast reactions." She said, it was strange to her that he apologized for it, maybe it was because he thought that he had done something when he had gotten closer to her suddenly, but she didn't care in the slightest, there was nothing to be offended from someone trying to protect you. She finally was able to get a look at Shane's spell and the man that was still throwing confetti at them, slowly chipping away at the spell, from what it looked like it was a matter of time before the electric-purple barrier broke.

As the barrier broke Shane had requiped a set of guns and had started to return fire at the enemy. Sara discarded the brown cloak to the side, as there was no longer any need for it, the only thing it could do was hinder her movements. As the bald man finally took cover from her partners barrage of bullets, Sara thought of the best course of action, when Shane asked what to do and suggested that they hide. It was true that they had lost their element of surprise, but the man seemed cocky, if he was alone they would have a chance to reducing their numbers by a bit.

"We bring him down here." Sara said as two golden wings manifested themselves on her back. "They already know we are here, if his alone we can even the odds a bit, and with a two on one we should be able to bring him down fast." She said and this time a grin formed on her face. "I'll bring him down to you just be ready to 'catch'." With those words Sara did a small jump to the side and flew a bit forward in the alleyway before flying upwards to go above the houses just in time to see the bald man get ready for another attack. Sara was now flying above him, extending her arm to the side, a black ball with white rings formed in her hand and she descended fast towards her target.

Just as the attack was about to make contacts with his back, his cloak turned to iron, while it stopped the attack from dealing directly damage to him, the force behind the attack sent the confetti mage downwards towards Shane. She then stayed hovering above the building waiting for another opening or if she had to fly down and help him. She took the a quick glance at their surrounding now that she had a vantage point and saw that no one else was here. It was perfect, they would cause a lot of noise but taking one down here, would be of great benefit for the two mages.

Post WC:1139
    Personal WC:3341
    Group WC:5114/14000
    Spells Used: Shard Of Calamity A-rank Burst.
    @Shane Stern

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 3rd May 2019, 9:21 am

Wings formed on the back of Sara, bright golden wings that seemed to illuminate the surroundings around her. He agreed to her suggestion, but he had more on his mind than just plainly taking down the bald mage. Right now, they were in a severe deficit in terms of information and were severely outnumbered. Minor foot soldiers they could deal with or they could just take down the big fishes and just leave the lower-ranked Rune Knights to clean up the remaining mess. It was the Executives that he was worried about. He had seen the profiles on Dellinger, Vergo and Broly. Especially Broly. All of them were powerful mages in their own right and they shared the same trait. Viciousness.

None of them knew mercy and everywhere they went, carnage and bloodshed followed. The worst of them that Shane had seen was the result of Broly’s massacre. A guy had bumped into him lightly and before he had even managed to turn around to apologize, his head was already flying in the air to the other side of the bar. The guy was musclehead and quick to resort to violence. The walls of the entire bar were completely splashed with blood, the floor completely submerged in it that when the first Rune Knights that had rushed to the scene, blood had flowed out when the door was opened. And the victims? Every single one beheaded.

And so, when the bald mage was kicked down by Sara, Shane leapt up into the air slightly to catch the bald mage by his neck before slamming him down into the ground. The bald mage coughed and retched but Shane quickly slipped his left hand over his mouth before kicking down one of the doors in the alley and bringing the bald mage in. Fortunately, it was a warehouse, an empty one at that. He easily found a chair and tied the bald mage down with the rope strewn around. When he was done, Shane went out of the same door and signalled for Sara to return before he walked back in.

As he walked back, a black-and-red handgun appeared in Shane’s right hand. The bald guy was still wearing the maniacal grin on his face, the situation not fazing him at all. Shane was slightly irked, but he allowed it to pass. He would see how long the man could keep up his nonchalance. Pulling another chair to sit opposite the mage, Shane was prepared to start his interrogation.

“Let’s start easy. Tell me your name. Then how many Executives you have on this goddamn island, the magic that they use. After that, I need to know whatever you know about your boss,” Shane listed out the information that he would need. “Speak.”

Listening to Shane’s questions, the bald mage began to laugh even more crazily, his laugh echoing in the empty warehouse for five seconds before it was followed by a louder report from Shane’s gun. The laughter was cut short, interjected by a scream of pain, before being replaced by rapid breathing. Shane’s hand was raised, the nozzle of his gun still aimed at the man’s right shin which he had just shot a bullet through. Blood flowed down the man’s pants from both the bullet entry and exit holes. His tibia was completely destroyed, Shane having aimed at the centre of the bone, allowing the bullet to smash through it.

“You can continue to laugh if you want. For every laugh you make, you get a bullet. So be my guest,” Shane offered with an equal amount of nonchalance. “You guys aren’t leaving the island anytime soon, I’m not making any more until I gather more info. I have all the time in the world.”

The bald mage seemed to finally come to his senses as his crazy eyes gained a glint of clarity and his expression calculative. He studied Shane’s face intently, looking for any signs of a bluff. After a minute of silence and of Shane stonily staring back at him, the bald mage let out a deep breath.

“You’re an equally crazy bastard, aren’t you?” he finally spoke up.

“When I need to be, yes. Are you ready to talk now?” Shane replied with a shrug before pressing on with his question.

“My name is Diamante. I’m one of the nine Executives working under our boss Donquixote Doflamingo.”

“I need details, man. Magic type, physical characteristics,” Shane pressed on, demanding more information.

“I’ve already given you more than enough in that one sentence!” the bald man known as Diamante began to argue, but before he could say any more, a silenced gunshot shut him up. He wasn’t even able to scream. The moment he had tried to argue, Shane had leapt out of his seat, grabbed a bunch of rope and squeezed it into the man’s mouth, gagging him, and shot him through the right shoulder with the muzzle pressed into his flesh. Blood and tissue burst out from the other side, drawing out a long but muffled scream from the man.

Without a shred of pity in his eyes, Shane pulled back the thick rope that served as the gag from his mouth.

“Continue to test me. I. Have. Time,” Shane said, mocking his prisoner. Diamante fixed him with a very hateful stare, all signs of madness completely gone. Cold sweat dripped down his head, struggling with the pain. “Those aren’t the only bullets I have, Diamante.”

As he said those words, Shane summoned a new magazine out of thin air and replaced the one in Huntsman. The moment the cartridge clicked into place, Shane held the gun to his chair and released a single bullet at it. A single incendiary bullet that caused the chair to burst into flames the moment it was hit.

“Imagine what it would do to you,” Shane suggested menacingly as he watched fear creep into the man’s expression. Diamante’s lips began to tremble as his eyes shifted between the gun in Shane’s hand and the burning chair. And with a final gulp, he began to spill the information on the executives.

“Dellinger’s a fucking weirdo boy that wears high heels. Lean build, long legs. Extremely powerful legs and kicking moves. Lao G. Old man martial artist that’s said to be one of the best in the world. Wears red and blue spandex. Broly, even madder than I am. Green-haired brute, wears nothing but pants and wields an axe. Gladius, spiky haired dude. Same hair color as yours. Fires explosive crystals from his wrists. Machvice, nasty fat dude walks around in a one-piece swimsuit. Not that it covers anything. Magic involves using his weight to crush people. Pica, jacked as hell swordsman standing ten feet tall and uses a sword. Trebol, Flamingo’s most trusted man. Grown man dripping snot and goo from everywhere on his body. Careful though, they are explosive. Vergo, also highly trusted by Doflamingo. Rumored to be as powerful as the boss himself. Entire body’s a weapon the moment he turns black. Near invulnerable,” Diamante gushed entirely in one sitting. It was a little too brief for Shane’s liking, but this was as good as it would get.

If he had the chance to capture another of the executives, he would just interrogate them again for more information.

“What about Doflamingo?”

“No idea. Hella strong, but never seen his magic. Can you release me now?” Diamante pleaded.

“Thanks for the info. Nope, not a chance. Can’t have you running around the island. My boys will be here to pick you up and bring you back to prison. If you can survive until then,” Shane replied, his voice cold. The ropes around Diamante’s limbs weren’t going to hold him for long, especially with his magic.

“You bastard!” the bald mage roared, proving Shane correct as he broke through the ropes, hardening his own fingernails into sharp blades and slicing through them. But Shane was quicker. Another handgun appeared in Shane’s left hand and before Diamante could stand up from his chair, the black and grey handgun had already been shot five times. The captured executive dropped back into his chair, slipped off it and slid to the ground.

Every shot had hit its intended target. As he lied on the ground, Diamante bled from the five new bullet wounds. His knees: shattered. His elbows: shattered. And the last shot hit him in the inner thigh of his left leg. The wounds wouldn’t kill him, the chances of bleeding to death a higher possibility. Returning both guns to his storage dimension, Shane then turned around to face Sara.

“Since you can fly, I’m thinking you can keep to the roofs while I keep to the streets. In the event of an ambush, we won’t be caught like fish in a barrel. And we can sweep them from ground and sky level. What do you think?” Shane suggested, waiting for Sara’s reply.

[1492 words]
    [Total WC: 6606/14000]

Killua
    Killua

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Killua 6th May 2019, 3:41 am

Sara smiled as she watched Shane slam the bald mage into the ground, before taking the bald mage through a door and into a building in alleyway. It looked like he had things under control down there  and didn't need her to finish off the bald mage. Even though they had invaded the peaceful town Sara was against killing the mage, it left a bad taste in her mouth as there were countless ways to make him pay for attacking civilians and such. While she knew that you had to kill, it didn't mean that you always had to, the lesser the better. She doubted Shane would kill the bald mage, as he was part of the Rune Knights, but a person can never be certain about things, she didn't know what rules they had to follow.  But in the end even with rules to follow, it was the person themselves that made the decision, rules were made only as restrictions and to control people from doing bad things without punishment, and yet it was perfectly evident with the new dark guilds that not everyone wanted to follow the law. They lived in quite the wretched world when she thought about it, yet everyone would fight till their last breath to remain in it, even her, death was the easy way out.

Sara flew up to get a better view and see if there were people going after them. She checked all directions, and saw that no one was coming, it looked like the other executives had full faith in their comrade to deal with her and Shane. 'These people are quite arrogant, and here I was hoping that you would get someone strong to fight so I can entertain me' Her 'tenant' said. 'I agree, Its strange how they didn't send anyone else.' She said and looked again at the surrounding area. There was a huge wave of people still going further into the town and there was at least one executive there. She doubted that they would leave their weaker mages without a leader, the sheer presence of one was quite the moral boost, and if there is more then one they would have a hard time dealing with the executives and there was still the leader and this Broly guy that seems to put Shane on edge, she didn't know anything about him in the slightest and didn't know what to expect from the man, but extra cautious around him wouldn't hurt, atleast until she gets to know his abilities.

A sudden gunshot caught her attention, it came from the building Shane had taken the dark mage to. She quickly flew downwards and landed just in front of the door, her wings disappearing as she entered the building to see it was some sort of warehouse, and a bit further within it was her job partner his gun pointed at the bald mage's shoulder, he shot another bullet but this time at a chair and in burst in flames. As the bald mage started spilling some of the Syndicate's information, Sara walked a bit closer to the two mages, and listened to every bit of information that Diamante was spilling out. Broly, Trebol and Vergo were the names that they had to be careful of, seems like they were the strongest of the bunch. A ten foot swords man was an easy target that she could take care of with her long range arsenal and if long range wasn't going to do the thing then she would just have to finish him off with other means.

There were eight more executives to deal with, each with their own special ability's and now except Broly there was another guy that was supposedly as strong as the leader of dark guild Doflamingo. As she continued to do mental notes about the executives, Diamante had suddenly broken out of his binding, but Shane shot him five times in quick succession and the bald mage now lay on the floor, bleeding from the now six bullet wounds that he had. Sara moved passed Shane and crouched near the now unconscious and press with two fingers on his neck to feel a pulse. She sighed as she felt the weak pulse of the dark mage, he hadn't died from the bullet wounds but the bleeding could take him away, before the other Rune Knights could come and bring him in. Sara's hand was covered in a faint yellow light as she moved it towards the chest of the dark mage and pressed lightly on it, the light spread across his body and closed the wounds of the mage, while it closed the wounds to stop the bleeding, it didn't heal the rest of the damage he had  sustained, Sara had made sure to only close to wounds. While she didn't sit good on meaningless death, they couldn't have the dark mage coming back to fight them, while they deal with the other executives.

"Don't worry, I didn't heal the damage he had taken, I only stopped the bleeding." She told Shane to reassure the Rune Knight that she wasn't helping the mage to get up on his feat again and fight them, as she got up and looked at him with a normal expression, he didn't kill the mage and if he hadn't fired his gun they would have had to deal with the mage again. "Its just that I'm not content with meaningless death, he could rot in a cage and face his punishment, death would be the easy way out for a person like him." She said and smiled at her job partner and spoke up again "You did great in getting the good info out of him, you have a way in making people talk." She said and walked past him again towards the door, they still had a lot of work on their hands before they could sit idly and chat about something.

"I'll keep close in the air and signal you if I see something." Sara said as she agreed to Shane's plan, they would cover more ground that way. "I'll act more as bait as they would see me first probably." She said as she went out of the building, her wings already manifesting again and she flew upwards and hovered till Shane got out and with a nod she flew towards the city center while keeping as close as possible to Shane.

Flying through the air, Sara looked at all te directions infront of her keeping on high alert if someone was to come to fight them and at the same time looking to where the people were being gathered, it was a large open area in the center of the town with some ruined shops, but that was all the she could see for the moment. Looking around again, she had to put her arms  in front of her as a strong kick had connected with them, sending her flying backwards a bit, but Sara was quick to regain her control.

She looked at the newcomer that stood atop one of the nearby buildings, he was dressed in a strange outfit with a hat that had horns on the side and wore high heels. This had to be Dellinger one of the executives that Diamante had sold out. At least now they knew that the information was correct, her small arms hurt like hell after blocking that kick, and he was fast.

"Old man Lao, I found them and it looks like Diamante lost, and his supposed to be strong, what a disgrace." The strange boy laughed as he spoke to someone that was moving through the allayway.

"If he was defeated then our opponents should be strong" An old man wearing a blue spandex said as he exited the shadows of the alley way.

Sara ignored the rest of the conversation between the two Syndicate members, instead she studied the spandx wearing old man, he didn't seem like much, but then again the guy before this two was throwing razor sharp confetti at them, at this point she expected everything. In a moments notice Sara moved to the side to dodge another kick from the blond haired boy as he had gone on the offensive again. He was at quite the disadvantage while Sara was in the air, but it didn't look like the old man would be able to reach them. She would take care of the blond boy and go help Shane if he was having a hard time with his opponent.

"Why don't you get down here, little girl. So I can kill you." The lean boy started chuckling like a madman as he went to deliver another strike with his foot this time aimed to use the heel to do damage to Sara.

Sara waited patiently for the boy to come in striking range before dodging to the side and attempted to deliver a strong fist into the side of Dellinger.  What Sara wasn't expecting was for the boy to use the strength from just his legs to kick In the air move himself away from Sara's strike, and then delivered another kick of his own, this time making contact with Sara's side, sending her flying towards a building crashing through its wall.

Holding to her side Sara climbed out of the rubble and flew high into the air. Three light spears appearing behind her all aimed at Dellinger. The boy only laughed a bit as he dodged the spears. Sara cursed under her breath as she began to make a new plan of attack, with the boy being to fast for her long range attacks or even her close range one's. Suddenly Sara perked up as an idea passed through her mind, she started gathering holy energy in the soles of her feet, and as the boy dashed to headbutt her and skewer her with his horns. Sara flew straight downwards towards him. Releasing the energy that she had gathered Sara got a burst of speed and in a second she had closed the distance between them with her fist digging into the boy's abdomen sending him flying downwards towards the ground with the speed and force behind her fist.

As Dellinger hit the ground he made a small crater, he coughed up blood and was about to get up but Sara was already upon him, hands shining with golden light that took the form of gauntlets. Delivering three quick punches with succession Dellinger now layed in the small man sized crater that he had made unconscious. I'm using too much magic power. Sara thought as she moved towards Shane to see how he was doing.

Post WC:1788
    Personal WC:5129
    Group WC:8394/14000
    Spells Used:
    Light Step A+
    God Eye Enhancement-Heavenly Barrage C+

@Shane Stern

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 7th May 2019, 12:20 am

Shane was thoroughly surprised when Sara entered at the moment when he was almost done interrogating the bald executive and when they were finally done, Sara had walked over to the bleeding executive, the floor already a pool of his own blood. The female made had knelt down and the unmistakable aura of a healing spell. Not knowing what her purpose was, Shane had made to step forward and stop her when her words stopped him in his tracks.

At the words that came out of her mouth, Shane was completely floored. Eyes wide as he looked at Diamante and what he had done, Shane felt himself sway on his feet before quickly steadying himself. For the sole purpose of getting information, he had left the man in a bloody mess and although he spoke of having his fellow Rune Knights pick him up once everything was over, he understood very well he was leaving the man to bleed to death before he could even end this whole affair.

But he was a dark mage, one part of his mind tried to justify his own actions.

Is this what I’ve become? Shane thought as he stood rooted to his spot. When did I lose my way?

But deep down he knew. The day his ideals was broken, his sense of justice warped. His memories returned, to remind him of what had completely transformed him and he was transfixed by it, never realizing the degree to which he had deviated from his path. And like a mist being pierced by sunlight, Shane managed to achieve a clarity of mind that had been far from his grasp for a long time. It was time to reconcile his actions and what he truly believed in.

He looked at the gun in his right hand, to how he had once loathed firearms. But when he looked at it and then looked at Diamante, whose bleeding had been staunched, Shane realized that it was the hand wielding the firearm, the man providing the intention to the shot fired that mattered. Any object can be a weapon, as long as the wielder wills it. Shaking his head as if to clear all the doubts away, Shane finally restored the gun into his storage dimension, leaving his hand empty.

He then lifted his head to look at Sara who was already on her way out. She had agreed to his suggestion. Golden wings appeared out of her back and the female mage shot up in the skies. Left behind, Shane merely nodded, reserving the thank you that he would later say to the girl once after this was all over. Back into mission mode, Shane exited the warehouse the same way they had gotten in and quickly navigated the alleys.

He had a general sense of the direction of the city square and moved towards it, occasionally looking upwards to align his direction with Sara who was flying overhead while he made sure to keep himself out of detection. It was the fifth time that Shane looked up again to look for Sara’s bearing when he saw the girl flying above and a kick suddenly connecting with her. Eyes narrowed, Shane was prepared to leap up to the roof by kicking off the walls when he heard the voice of some old speaking.

The descriptions that Diamante gave connected, allowing Shane to identify the person engaging Sara as Dellinger, the one with the inhuman kicking strength. And the one that was slowly approaching him from the another alley, dressed in a horrible red and blue spandex, was the old martial artist Lao G. The old man walked forward without indication that he was wary of any threat, even when Shane was right in front of him. He was fearless, for he had the right to be so. But it didn’t matter to Shane. Regardless of his strength, it was Shane’s duty to take them down today.

“So there’s two of you, eh?” the man spoke, arms still crossed behind his back as he smirked at Shane.

“More than enough to bring this whole circus down, I’m sure,” Shane replied, keeping his body loose and relaxed as well while he stood facing the old man. “I mean, I love the way you dress.”
    Lao G was barely irked by Shane’s words, grinning. His calm was real. But he still regarded Shane with little more than disdain. An old martial artist that had already seen the world, Lao G wasn’t the typical run of the mill henchmen. The only reason he had joined Doflamingo’s guild was to seek out strong opponents, to find people worthy of challenging him and to further improve his fighting skills. He had no interest in the Syndicate’s goals or Doflamingo’s ambitions. What he truly wanted was for someone to ignite the spark of adrenaline within him. And so far, Shane had done little to create the spark.

“Chatter away, young one. Words won’t harm me. In fact, I’m not even sure if you can harm me,” Lao G replied, grinning one moment and lunging at Shane the next. But the Rune Knight wasn’t unprepared. Already garbed in his EX-22 black combat suit, Shane’s already heightened physical abilities was enhanced a step further by the combat suit and managed to stand his ground, his right fist extended as he met Lao G’s own punch heads on. The resulting clash of strength created a shockwave, blowing up dust in the alley around them as the two combatants pulled back from each other.

“Not bad, young one. You have potential. But let’s see how long you can last!” the old man exclaimed as he pushed forward once again with a diagonal kick upwards. Shane was surprised as well when the old man had managed his punch, a very rare occurrence that only happened against non-human combatants. But he saw it as an opportunity. With catlike reflexes, Shane ducked low as the kick sailed past his head and attempted another right punch at the man’s chest. The move connected, but only barely, as Lao G immediately transitioned from his kick to an axe kick, dropping his ankle in a nimble move.

Shane was quick to defend against it, pulling back his right arm before he landed the full punch and held up his arm to defend against the kick with his forearm, the ankle impacting his forearms with so much force that it would have fractured the bones had he not pushed it aside. But the two wasn’t done. Despite the pain, Shane threw another kick towards the martial artist’s chest with his left foot, putting all his body weight into it before flipping backwards. Lao G was thrown into the wall behind him, mildly surprised by Shane’s abilities.

“You should be able to give me a decent workout,” Lao G remarked before throwing himself into the fray again. Shane welcomed the man’s lunge but as the fight progressed, it began moving in Lao G’s favor. Befitting his status as a martial artist, the man’s movements transitioned so fluidly and perfectly that Shane had to depend on his fortitude to take hits as he threw his own. His own fighting style was cruder, often allowing him to prevail because of his superior strength and speed but Lao G was taking him apart with quick combos and variations.

However, it wasn’t all lost. He could definitely take a beating, and as the fight continued, Shane finally found an opportunity when sidestepped in response to Lao G’s straight kick forwards. The martial artist had finally overextended himself and Shane was quick to take the chance. With a quick jab with his left fist into the old man’s stomach, Shane then grabbed the man by his face as he pitched forward from the attack. From there, it was one of his spells as Shane reinforced the strength of his left arm for that one move, holding the martial artist up into the air and smashing him back down into the ground with utmost force.

Lao G’s body bounced up slightly from the impact, coughing up blood from his mouth. Shane stepped back as the old man picked up from the ground, and immediately followed up with Hosenka Smash, slamming the base of his right palm into the disoriented martial artist’s face before ending with a roundhouse kick that send the man slamming into the wall. He was a powerful martial artist and he could handed Shane’s ass to him on a plate, but the latter was highly durable and could definitely take punishment which Lao G was not.

The spandex-clad martial artist slid down to the ground in a heap, eyes rolled upwards in unconsciousness but Shane wasn’t taking any chances. He looked around him and found some materials that he could use in addition to the rope that he had brought along from the warehouse earlier. Tying up Lao G and still having a long length of rope left over, Shane threw the untied end of the rope in to the air and allowed it to loop over the horizontal bars of a fire escape by the side of the building. Once it went over, Shane leapt up and pulled down on it, in effect lifting Lao G until he was six feet off the ground.

Shane quickly tied the rope to a large trash bin and left the unconscious man dangling in the alley. Just as Sara’s own opponent sailed through the air and landed on the ground, the force great enough to leave a crater in the ground. Shane looked at the horned fellow, obviously unconscious from the fall and whatever hit him and then at Sara.

“Remind me not to piss you off,” Shane casually remarked with a grin. He had no rope left to secure Dellinger, but he was quite sure that the pervert wasn’t going to wake up soon. So far, out of the nine executives, they had already taken out three which to Shane was good progress. But the ending of the two battles had caused too much of a noise and the Rune Knight could hear the footfalls of troops beginning to home in on their position.

“We have to get back on the roofs. Their ground troops are going to surround us if we stay here,” Shane said, aware of the footsteps that were quickly approaching them. Sara had her wings so it wouldn’t be a problem for her. With a deep breath, Shane leapt off the ground at an angle that allowed him to collide with the walls that formed the alley, immediately kicking off the wall when his feet touched it and sprung upwards in the same manner from both sides of the alley until he landed on the top of the roof.

When he looked down, the Syndicate grunts were already milling around where Lao G and Dellinger was.
    [1820 words]
    [Total WC: 10214 / 14000]

Killua
    Killua

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Killua 7th May 2019, 5:45 pm

Sara smiled as she saw that Shane had defeated the spandex wearing old man, honestly Doflamingo's people were quite the strange bunch, no one looked remotely normal and every one of them had strange magic, she couldn't say anything for the old man as she didn't get to see his magic in action, but about the rest she couldn't say much. The way things were turning out for now were good, they haven't sustained much damage and they had taken down three of the Donquixote executives, which led them one step closer to finishing of the dark guild know as Syndicate and one step closer to freeing the civilians that either lived on this island or came her on a vacation, while she was flying in the air she couldn't hep but notice how beautiful the town looked and the scenery that surrounded it, it was already one of the places she wanted to visit just to explore and have a good time at, unlike fighting even though she loved to fight. Sara grimaced a little and held her side, the kick that Dellinger managed to deliver to her still hurt a lot. She sighed as a light yellow glow surrounded her for a second before disappearing and everything that was left from the kick was now nothing more then a light stinging sensation.

"Don't call me a little girl." She said to Shane's remark with a grin of her own, while she wasn't going to do anything to Shane except get annoyed, it was one of the few things she hated being called just because she was quite shorter then the average girl. Sara was quite content with how things were going, she thought that she should have told Shane what she meant back in the warehouse as he had been quite stunned after what she had said, but it looked like he was cheerful then before. To this day she still wasn't good with social intereactions and didn't know if she had used the correct words but she wouldn't dwell on it too much since things are working out, and with them gradually beating the higher ranked dark mages, felt like a weight being lifted slowly from her shoulders, with every small victory they had a higher chacne at facing the guild master of Syndicate without them being too exhausted to fight him, while they still had to beat six more of them before that, the chances were higher with the odd reason of them not just coming and overwhelming all together unlike either alone or in groups. They most likely thought that she and Shane were small fry and that even Diamante alone would have been able to get rid of them.

Sara gave a quick nod as she followed Shane to the building's roof, but this time instead of flying high into the air she flew beside her job partner as they traversed the roof tops towards their next target. "Six executives remain and I have a feeling only the stronger ones are left."  She said as she looked through the streets where the civilians were still being escored, they were slowly filing up the the town center and on the small streets it looked like there were no more executives. "We should head towards the center, it looks like something is going to happen there." She suggested to Shane, they were going there no matter what as it looked like it was a good place to find an executive, and there was no point in searching for any of them on the side.  "It looks like there aren't any other executives on the side streets, we will have to fight more then two probably." Sara was slightly worried, if there were more then two they lost any advantage that they had till now, one of them was going to face at least on more then the other, and if there were four executives there it was going to be even harder. "Are you hurt from your fight? I could heal almost any damage." She asked Shane, if he was badly hurt from the fight she could use her magic to heal him, even though she was using her magic way to much for her liking, Sara would still help him.

The town center could be seen now clearly as they stood on the edge of the roofs, Sara's wings had disappeared along the way so they didn't get spotted from the bright light that would come from them.  Three figures stood at the center of the town surrounded by the town folk. Each one of them had a different look. Everyone there fit the description that Diamante had given them, Mechvice the fat man with a swimsuit, Gladius with the white and spiky hair, and the last one was from the pictures the Shane had shown her when they first met, Broly stood there with a wicked grin and his axe rested on his shoulder, what irked her more was that he was watching directly at them. For a second it looked like they were just having a stare off but Gladius had suddenly raised his arms and fired strange crystals from his wrists. Sara's lone eye went wide at how fast they were coming at them. With little time to react Sara created a barrier made of holy energy to protect the two mages from the incoming barrage, most of the crystals collided with the barrier, but an explosion under them wrecked the building and the part where they wrere standing on collapsed and both fell down towards the ground. As the building collapsed, all hell broke loose among the civilians, the fear in them finally reached a boiling point and they all started running either getting in the building and watching from the windows or running and not even looking back for a second. The Syndicate members didn't try to stop them instead they contiued being fixated on Sara and Shane.

"Are you okay?" Sara asked as she got up from the ground and looked at the surrounding area, it was now the two of them against the three executives that stood their ground and waited, all the civilians had ran away, and it was just them there. They could both let loose, well at least Sara, she had a spell that would deal a lot of damage to the trio, but it had its minuses, if she didn't use it correctly she could deal damage to Shane which could cause some problems. "I'm open to ideas." She said as she eyed the three members in front of them. The maniacal grin present on Broly's face was making her uneasy, she already knew this is was going to be tough.

'I may need to use your power.' She spoke to her 'tenant' as she entered her mindscape, the red eye of the beast already looking at her from the second she came. 'I'll help you don't worry, but aren't you worried about your new friend and what he may think.' He said as he closed his eye and went back to his usual slumber. Exiting her mindscape she sighed, there wasn't much time to dwell on it. Sara moved her hand towards her left eye and removed her eye patch and pocketing it, for a second her eye stayed closed, before she opened it, showing the red slitted eye that stayed hidden until now. "I have some tricks up my sleeves, I think I'll be able to handle two of them on my own." She said as her eyes moved on Shane, if he could take out one of them while she is holding the other two executives they may have a higher fighting chance.

Post WC:1292
    Personal WC:6421
    Group WC:11506/14000
    Spells Used:
    Soothing Light A-rank Sig, Healing
    Divine Protection A-rank deffensive.
    @Shane Stern

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 8th May 2019, 12:39 am

Shane was glad that the girl had a sense of humor, able to enjoy a joke or two in their dire situation. After the self-reflection, despite having hit him hard mentally, it was apparent that his mood had taken a turn for the better, a burden off his shoulder. What had earlier been the burden of enacting justice by cost of blood and pain weighing him down and his decisions, Shane could be considered renewed with a new outlook on his goals and the ways to approaching them. And capping it all was a clear conscience, unafraid of any judgment.

Sara came to hover at roof level as well, keeping level with him as they moved across the roofs as they spoke. He agreed with the scenario she had conjured, knowing that there would me a few more tough fights to come. But from what he had seen, he was sure that Sara’s magical abilities was a notch above his, having settled the fight with Dellinger within record time. He glanced at the girl from the side of his eyes, at her golden wings that kept her hovering a few inches above the roof, sometimes still mystified how such a large amount of power could be contained within a petite body such as hers.

Sara had offered him to be healed with her spell, but Shane politely declined. His fight with Lao G had went surprisingly well, although he had taken some hits. But his body’s durability and self-healing properties was a slight step better than normal mages and he was almost back to square shape. When they finally came to the last roof, which overlooked the town square, Shane wasn’t surprised to see the three executives on the ground awaiting their arrival.

The townspeople were gathered in front of them, for whatever reason the executives had thought of, possibly as hostages to prevent Shane and Sara from hurling long-range spells at them. Which honestly, was Shane’s first idea as he thought of his grenade launcher in his Requip magic’s storage dimension. The two of them stood at the edge of the roof, Sara having deactivated her golden wings earlier to avoid announcing her arrival. All three executives were staring in their direction.

The white-haired mage, known as Gladius was wearing a pair of weirdly shaped goggles over his eyes while wearing a neutral expression. The fatty in a swimsuit, Machvise was leering at them but Shane knew the immoral man was looking at Sara in more detail compared to him while Broly, the green-haired muscled freak hefting his axe over his shoulder was fixing his fiercest gaze on him while wearing a smirk. All three of them were waiting to commence combat with the two light mages, and with the disdain that they oozed, it was obvious that they were absolutely confident in their abilities.

However, it seems that the two light mages had miscalculate the level of despicability the dark mages had. Gladius’ arms shot up straight and without hesitation, fired a barrage of red crystals, slicing through the air. Sara had acted fast, putting a golden shield around the two of them and the portion of the building they were standing on. When the white-haired dark mage saw that his crystals were bouncing off the barrier, he adjusted his aim downwards and within seconds the very building that Shane and Sara was perched crumbled under the barrage of explosions beneath their feet.

Fortunately, his body was like a tank despite his slim stature, as Shane pushed off a large piece of debris and stood up from the pile that had been a building just earlier. Sara was unscathed as well, coming up near him with concern.

“Yeah, I’m good. I’ll take Broly, he has a debt to pay,” Shane growled, his mask of calm suddenly giving way as anger leaked. His hands alternated between clenching and unclenching. His eyes were fierce, especially the red one. “He should be lucky that he has only one life to give.”

As he spoke, Shane had activated his Requip magic, equipping his EX-22 combat suit. He clenched his fists again, feeling the resistance from the stiff combat gloves that came with the suit. As he watched the big man, an urge to kill him right there and then began to rise within him, but he was still clear minded. It would better for the man to pay behind bars, regretting he had ever shown his face rather than just ending his life.

Shane hadn’t mentioned any of it to Sara, but the information on the brute had been obtained in exchange for the lives of four Rune Knights. He had only told Sara that his fellow Rune Knights had tailed the wrong guy and got his information by mistake. But what he had withheld was that Broly had realized he was being followed. The massacre in the bar had actually been a cover for him murdering four of the Rune Knights, while the last one managed to escape with the information. When HQ had gotten wind of this news, Shane had been one of the first to volunteer to take down the maniac but even when he tried to get it approved as a Spec Ops mission, he had been denied.

His commander had told him he was a Rune Knight, not a bounty hunter or an assassin. A truth that had failed to resonate with him until Sara’s words hit him like lightning.
    But now, this was his chance to avenge his fallen comrades. A chance for redemption, to bring this man into custody.

Shane walked away from the rubble, entering the town square, his eyes entirely on Broly. He trusted Sara with his life, knowing she would take care of the other two. As their eyes met, the green-haired brute guffawed, howling, “I will snap you like a twig!”

Shane narrowed his eyes, but kept himself silent. And he moved first. Using Burst immediately to put himself above and behind Broly, the Rune Knight took a swipe at the man’s neck with Breaker in sword form, holding it as he would a sword. But his target managed to evade it, lightning quick reflexes hidden beneath the mass of muscles, and swung a backhanded punch with his left fist. Shane moved with equal agility, grabbing the swinging left arm as it came towards him and used it to push his entire body upwards and clear of the wild swing, before planting his right foot into the man’s face just as he completed turning around.

While the Rune Knight righted himself in the air with a flip after the kick and landed gracefully, his dark mage opponent stumbled backwards from the kick, before he violently planted his right heel into the ground, stopping his retreat. His right hand, holding the axe, which had taken the heads of so many with unmatched brutality, was already prepped, accompanying the beastlike roar as he charged forward at the Rune Knight.
    [1166 words]
    [Total WC: 12672 / 14000]

Killua
    Killua

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Killua 9th May 2019, 1:08 pm

The two groups of mages stared at each other, Sara's eyes went from one mage to another, studying each of them, as far as she knew from the little encounter is that the white haired man could fire red crystals that exploded on contact, little to no information was known about Mechvice the fat dude that was leering at them and mostly her, and the last one was Broly with that maniacal grin that was putting her on edge.  It was like he was ready to go and kill the first person that would come in his, decimate him with his axe that was hung on his shoulders, it solidified his intent. Whoever gets to fight one executives has to fight Broly, if someone had to fight him plus another executive they would have a hard time.

As Shane reasurred her that he was fine she told her that he was going to take on Broly and told her about some kind of debt that he had to pay, Sara looked at him confused, have Shane and Broly fought before? Judging by the fury that was present in his stare towards Broly it was evident that something had happened before for him to have this reaction, but before she could ask about it Shane had requiped to his combat suit and had began walking towards Broly. "Good luck.". Sara said as her eyes stayed on Shane's back for sometime as he went towards the axe wielding mage. She nodded and put her trust in him, that he would be able to handle the henchman while she took care of the other two that seemed to patiently wait for her to come to them.

As Shane began his fight with the mad henchman, Sara approached her adversary's with a calm but serious look on her face, she knew one of the abilities of the two, and if the information they got from Diamante was correct, the fatty would try to flatten her with the ground, his actual magic a mystery to her for now, and the white haired guy for now had only shown the red crystals that explode upon contact, and from the little stand off a few minutes ago, she knew that he was accurate. I should target him first. Sara thought as she looked at Gladius, nothing could be seen on his face as he had covered the lower part of his face with a white mask, while also wearing goggles.

"Hihihihi look at the look on her face, I can't wait to break her!" Machvise said as he started laughing as Sara aproached them.

Gladius didn't say anything, he just stared at Sara's approaching, or at least that was what she thought, she couldn't really see his eyes from the goggles. She looked to the side to see that Broly and Shane's fight was getting more intense, before looking back at the duo that would be her opponents, it was time she also kicked things off.

Sara's eyes began glowing as the magical power she possesed started surging through her body, each eye glowing its respective color and soon a faint red aura appeared around her petite form. She had increased her physical strength hence why there was a faint red energy around her. Mechvise's laugh had died down finally and a serious look was now present also in his face, and Gladius had raised his arms towards her. Both parties were waiting for someone to do the first move and after a while the same red crystals from before shot out from the white haired mage's wrists aimed at Sara. She waited for some of the crystals to come near her position, before she dashed forward towards the duo, Gladius instantly shifting his aim and moving backwards a bit with Machvise rushing forwards to meet Sara, suprising her on how fast he was moving compared to the weight he had, what suprised her more was the shield that he had picked up before he rushed towards her.

Crouching Sara dodged the fist that was aimed at her, her eyes quickly trailing to the side to see Gladius get ready to fire another set of explosives at her. Three light spears quickly formed in front of her and all of them shot towards Gladius, forcing him to reposition and hold his attack for a second, with one of the spears even grazing his left arm making a small cut on it. As she had lunched the spears her gaze had returned to Machvise in time to see the giant swinging another fist at her this time faster, then the last one. Reacting to it, she put up her arms in a cross position in front of her, taking the hit with them instead. Now a look of suprise was present on the fat man's face as Sara was able to block his punch with the small body she had, due to her now buffed physical power, but that didn't stop him from quickly swining again, this time using his own magic to increase the weight of the punch. Deciding that she would dodge to the left, she waited for the perfect moment, before throwing her own punch at him. Bringing his own shield up he blocked her punch, before readjusting the shield to the right side of him. Hearing the soaring noise in the air, she looked with the corner of her eyes to see a giant barrage of crystals coming her way. Machvise used his shield to defend himself from his partner's attack, while Sara jumped high into the air with her wings forming at the back for her to gain a bit more distance.

Sara looked towards the two mages while she was in the air to see them regrouping and waiting on her next attack. She continued to hover while countless ideas passed through her head on how to deal with the two mages that were working in sync. Sara smirked as she finally had stopped on an idea that would let her land a hit on one of the two mages. In an instant around twenty magic cirlces appeared behind her with tips of spears made of pure light poking out and waiting on their master's command to descend upon the two mages. With a snap of her fingers all the spears launched from their circles, and the weight mage moved in front of his partner, covering both of them with his shield. Every spear had connected against his shield, damaging a huge part of it, and the shield it self had started repairing itself. He lowered his shield just in time to see Sara was right in front of him, she had taken the chance to descend towards the duo, the golden-like gauntlets  from before had formed on her hands again.

Sara delivered three quick strikes to Machvise, two were delivered to the man's abdomen, and with a small jump she delivered an uppercut that sent him backwards revealing his comrade that he had shielded. Sara quickly went on the deliver a punch to his gut making him stumble back next to Machvise.  A smirk was now present on her face as she was finally able to land a hit on the two mages. Sara noticed how the shield started to repair itself and was slowly getting back in perfect shape. She would have to break or find a way to attack before he could move it to defend himself, it was hard breaking it the first time, and even then the shield had also taken damage from Gladius's barrage, when he tried to hit her with it when she had blocked Machvise's fist her arms still hurt from it even with the increased physical strength, and she could't continue to chug spells at them if she wanted to have enough magical power left to fight the rest of the executives and the master of the dark guild. 'Fighting without magic it is then' She thought as she started shifting her body to enter the stance.

Sara stood fairly upright, guard high and arms extended while keeping her weight on the back leg with the front leg light, a smirk on her face as she waited to see what her opponents would do.

Post WC:1381
    Personal WC:7802
    Group WC:14053

HP:400/500
    MP:200/500

Spells Used:
    Demon's Might C Buff 50% Increase to physical Damage. 5 posts.
    Gates of Haven B+ Multi Target
    God Eye Enhancement-Heavenly Barrage C+ Single target.

@Shane Stern

Last edited by Sara Ravencrest on 11th May 2019, 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 10th May 2019, 12:10 am

Using his anger as fuel but keeping his cool, Shane sneered and charged as well, Breaker in sword form in his right hand. On their third step, the two combatants swung their weapons with as much force as they could muster. Shane could feel his entire arm shake from the energy of the clash, but it wasn’t surprising since the mage before him was a hulking mass of muscles. The surprise went over to Broly, his face fully expressing what he was feeling, having expected his opponent to have gone flying from the attempt to match his strength.

And Shane took that chance to slide in another attack. Slipping his weapon out of the deadlock and allowing Broly to pitch forward from the sudden change of momentum, Shane ducked low and slammed his left fist upwards in an uppercut. He could feel his fist making contact with Broly’s lower jaw, and in that moment, the shadow from his body over Shane’s was completely lifted along with its owner as he was flung backwards. Shane sheathed his weapon, and before the brute could recover, Shane was already upon him.

The fight with Lao G, although short, had taught him some key essentials. While he had strength, Shane lacked the proper training in unarmed combat, on how to fully utilize the speed of his magic compared to how he was always bulldozing his way through his opponents. He had been lucky most of the opponents he had fought were mages focusing on melee magic, or he would have been completely decimated if he fought against any one with ranged attacks.

The moment he was within striking range, Shane sidestepped to Broly’s side and punched his right shoulder once and then followed with another strike to his wrist. The shoulder attack had numbed his entire arm and the knife chop to the wrist forced the man to drop his favorite axe, to which Shane grabbed with his free right hand and threw it to one side. As the axe spun head over heels through the air, a dark purple portal cracked the very air itself and consumed the axe before closing in on itself.

Broly roared again and spun around in place, his meaty arms wide open as he spun around, catching Shane across the chest with a backhanded punch. Shane’s eyes flew wide open as he took in the full brunt of the punch, barely defused by his combat suit as he stumbled backwards before stopping himself. But before he could right himself, all Shane saw a large fist flying into his chest. A haphazard defense was created by raising his arms, but it did nothing as the attack connected fully again, throwing Shane back by a few feet with a dull thud.

When Shane finally stood and faced his opponent again, the green-haired man was slightly transformed. His entire body was crawling with electricity, and his originally green hair was a now a dark shade of blue, swept upwards by the pressure of the released magical power around him. Shane watched with indifference but his mind was whirling.

“All Might?” Shane had just uttered when the large mage was in front of him, throwing a flurry of three blows into Shane’s upper body. Each blow hit him like a sledgehammer and at the third hit, Shane definitely felt ribs cracking, before being thrown off his feet and landing back on the ground on the opposite side of the town square. He managed to land on his feet again, blood flowing down the side of his mouth, snarling. Shane grinned when he thought of it. Regardless of what magic his opponent was using, Shane knew this was the one chance he would be able to go all out.

White steam began to appear from Shane’s body as he smirked and with blinding speed, Shane appeared in front of Broly. Again surprised by his opponent, the dark mage’s expression turned in to the same level of excitement. Green lightning and white steam dominated where they stood as the two combatants exchanged blows of herculean proportions, the shockwaves from their clash of fists blowing up dust around them.

The first to attack had been Shane, planting his heels firmly into the ground as he swung his right forward in a hook to the body, followed by an elbow strike from his left. The dark mage parried the first attack, dropping his left arm to absorb the blow, using the pushback from the blocked blow to shift his body backwards, causing Shane’s elbow strike to go wide. Broly’s pinned left arm was then brought up and pushed into Shane’s chest, to which the latter jumped back to avoid it but allowing Broly to reach forward with his right arm and grab him by the neck.

While he had the strength to go toe to toe against Broly, Shane’s physique was much leaner than his opponent, and Broly could easily close his hand around his throat. The moment he was caught, Shane could feel Broly’s grip on his neck tighten and he was pulling him in, but Shane wasn’t allowing that to happen. Putting both hands on the thick forearm now used to clutch him by the neck, Shane pulled his entire body up, holding it parallel to the ground and pulled his knees in towards his chest.

Broly realized what he was doing but Shane was too fast. Twin feet punched into the dark mage’s bare chest like a spring released, the combat boots adding weight to his kicks. Shane released his hands at the moment of his kick, so that Broly was send tumbling backwards without dragging himself along.

The Rune Knight landed with ease, and before the brute could get back to his feet, Shane was already in front of him, creating a trail of dust behind him. It was his turn to grab Broly but Shane aimed for his face. With a solid stance, legs held wide open, Shane’s limbs were temporarily imbued with more power from his magic reserve, the Rune Knight lifted the dark mage off his feet before slamming him back into the ground. The tiles that covered the ground of the town square cracked when he impacted, while those directly beneath him was completely smashed.

A well-aimed Hosenka Smash drove the base of his palm into Broly’s face as was halfway up and got thrown back into the ground. Blood splattered all over Shane’s palm when he lifted it, from Broly’s broken nose. The giant let out an angry roar, and released a blast of energy from his body, knocking Shane away from him. As Shane got up from the ground, he watched as Broly, now levitating from the ground began to hold his hands in front of him, palms facing each other while a ball of raw magical energy, pulsing with rings of electricity began to grow.

“Heck no,” Shane mumbled, his face expressing his flat out denial of Broly’s next move. It was no longer a bout of unarmed combat now. And Shane was thankful he had picked up Requip magic along with the experimental weapons from the Engineering corps as he summoned Bloody Mary, his grenade launcher and pointed it directly at the levitating mage. The two of them acted at the same time, shouting out in unison as Broly thrust his palms forward to unleash a stream of energy in Shane’s direction while the latter pressed down on the trigger of his grenade launcher, firing off an incendiary grenade.

The two attacks collided in the space between them, and the resulting explosion rocked their surroundings, blowing up dust and debris in a ring around them. But there had been a second explosion masked by the first one. Shane had pressed down on the trigger as soon as the first incendiary grenade left the barrel, switching up the second grenade with a frost grenade and firing it off a lower angle. His dark mage opponent was now on the ground, coated in ice but effortlessly cracking the thick layer of ice with another blast of energy from his body.

Shane then lunged at his opponent, knee raised for the Shirotsume Smash when his opponent suddenly disappeared from view. Broly appeared above Shane, and with the nastiest sneer on his face, drove his fist into Shane’s back, ending his leaping lunge prematurely. The Rune Knight fell flat into the ground, while Broly stood tall above him.

“Time to send you off,” the man spoke with a voice full of malice, his right fist raised above his head as a sphere of green lightning surrounded it. But his joy was short-lived. In his moment of gloating, Shane had flipped himself on to his back and swung his right hand upwards, a blur of brown and silver leaving his hand. Broly’s smile froze up, confused for a second as the lightning sphere building up in his right hand suddenly dispersed and he slowly brought up his left hand to his neck. It did nothing to stop the stream of blood surging from the deep gash in the side of his neck, and as realization seeped in, so did the blood start to flow into his throat. Staggering backwards, Broly could only look at the Rune Knight that had killed him, with his very own axe nonetheless, with his eyes wide open before he finally dropped to his knees, one at a time and keeled over on the ground.

Shane sat up, propped up with his arms behind him, letting out a breath of relief. It had been a close battle, and while he did kill the dark mage, it was due to circumstances and not by choice. The Rune Knight took a good long look at the dead dark mage, before turning his attention to Sara’s equally difficult battle.

[1641 words]
    [Total WC: 15694 / 14000]

Killua
    Killua

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Killua 12th May 2019, 11:57 am

Sara patiently waited for her opponents to make the first move, not moving a single muscle in her current stance, she could hear the intense battle between Shane and Broly and yet her dual colored eyed didn't move from the two exectuives in front of her. She trusted that the Rune Knight would be able to handle his opponent and tried her best to tune out the fight behind her so she could focus on the matter at hand, it was no good to both of them to fight three at the same time, so she had to deal with them no matter what.

Sara noticed the two executives share a nod, and Machvise sprung into action changing his weight so he could run faster. Sara was no longer surprised by this, she had somewhat figuered out what his magic was and its capabilities. Shifting a bit she changed her stance to a more common one rather then the martial arts one that she loved using, Machvise was too obese for her to be able to use his momentum against him and with the ability to increase his weight he would just trample her the second she tried to grab him.  She spread her own weight evenly now with her front foot no longer lightly touching the ground but still kept her guard up to react on time when she got an opening to strike back. Machvise was now close to her and had slowed down a bit his fist raised and ready to strike. Sara smilled as she let him get close and as he did he swung his fist downwards, diving forward Sara narrowly dodged the punch and took the moment to attack the giant of a man in his chest sending him sliding back a bit. Sara had used the momentum from her dive to deliver a strong punch and with her being close enough he couldn't move his fist in time to defend from her attack. Sara's smirk was still there as the fat executive had an angry expression rather then his previous maniacal one, it looked like she had hit some nerves with the last attack she landed on him.

Sara didn't have much time to admire her handy work in making one of the executives mad, as the other was already sending a barrage of red crystals at her again. Sara jumped to the right again and again, before she had jump backwards. Gladius had gotten used to her speed, and was trying to predict her movements, or atleast that was what Sara thought until Machvise suddenly showed up, his shield thrown somewhere so he could run faster. Machvise had gone for a low swing that connected with Sara's abdomen, using the momentum of the attack the fat mage swung Sara into the air. She came to a stop as her wings had manifested, helping her gain control just in time as the weight mage had jumped high into the air above her to try and bring her down with her, but this time it was Sara's turn to strike again, with a single flap of her wings she dodged being crushed and at the same time she spun in the air to gain momentum to deliver a devastating kick to the weight mage's back, sending him even faster towards the ground.

Sara watched with a smirk as Machvise crashed into the ground creating a crater like Dellinger had albeit this one was huger to match with Machvise's size. Her smirk didn't last long as the weight mage began to stand up from the crater that he had created with his impact, but it wasn't long lived as sonn as he got out he collapsed on his back, with no signs of getting up. Landing on the ground after defeating the executive Sara looked at her other opponent with a cold and calculated expression that made the other executive tramble. For some time it looked like they had an advantage over her and soon they would win, but Sara had shot down those hope's with the defeat of his comrade. Raising his arm's the white haired mage was quick to shoot yet another barrage of crystals, this time more spread out to catch a wider range. Sara didn't wait long as the crystals were moving relatively fast and she didn't want to take any more damage then necessary in this fight.

A moment had passed and every crystal had exploded, and a small smoke screen now covered the area where Sara stood. As the dust cleared it would reveal Sara coughing a bit from the smoke and dusting herself slightly, another smirk made itself present in hopes of irritating her opponent. She didn't give him much time to be angry, as she had dashed forward straight to him. His arms shot up in a moments notice, firing barrage after barrage at the petite mage that was rushing in his direction. His aim was off, Sara dully noted as she had a fairly easy time dodging the crystals as they were shot in one direction only, when she dodged to the left he would fire there and when she dodged to the right he would fire at the right. He was either afraid or angry that they would lose to her. Either one of the two didn't serve him good, as Sara had finally reached him, making him stumble back a bit as Sara jumped to deliver a punch straight to the crystal mage's face. The punch connected with his face, the white haired mage having completly forgoten his basic instincts, the punch itself had broken his goggles and had sent him flying backwards in the air before landing and sliding to a stop. Sara stood her ground as she eyed the mage laying, before turning her back on the now defeated mage.

When she turned back she was pleasantly surprised to see that Shane had defeated Broly and she broke into a small sprint to reach his destination. As Sara got closer she noticed that Broly was laying in his own puddle of blood, she eyed the body for a second as she was certain that the white haired Rune Knight had killed the mad executive, nonetheless as Sara went in front of Shane she smilled at the him as she looked at him with her dual colored eyes that were still glowing from all the magic she had used. She knew that he wouldn't have killed the executive if it wasn't necessary, but still even if its in self defense a life was a life and it should never be taken easily. Still she wouldn't bring it up to the mage, after the warehouse she was certain that he had reevaluated what he was going to do.

"Sorry it took a bit longer then expected, those wierdos were quite tough to take on together." She told Shane as she looked around the empty town center. "Three executives left and the guild master and the Syndicate guild is over." She said and her mind went to think about what was left of the guild, other then thouse four they didn't have a lot, the foot soldiers would be quite easy to handle. "With the civilians out of the way, we should be able to be free to go loose a bit." She said with an even wider smile. She loved to fight without restrains.

Post WC:1240

Spells used:
    Demon's might: 50%+ Physical Damage for 4 more posts.

HP: 350/500
    MP: 200/500
    @Shane Stern

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 13th May 2019, 12:56 am

The finale to Sara’s fight was explosive, and had executed skillfully with the two of executives completely done in by Sara’s clever manipulation of their weaknesses. The crater in which the heavier of the two opponents created and was lying in, along with the completely knocked out white-haired executive in combination with the mess that Shane and Broly’s fight had resulted in the complete destruction of the town square. It was more like a gladiatorial arena now where participants fought to the death while spectators, the townspeople peering down from the windows and balconies of the surrounding buildings, looked at the spectacle.

And right now, they were watching in fear. The defeat of the three executives right in front of their eyes had been nothing short of astounding but the fear of being punished still kept its tight grip over them. The townspeople knew that defeating the three of the executives while amazing would do nothing to help in the fight against the leader of this entire show, Donquixote Doflamingo himself. The power that the man wielded was on a separate level, that they did not know if the two mages that had come to their rescue would be able to rise to the challenge. Especially after having already exerted so much of the strength against the executives.

“That was a great fight. Thanks for taking care of the other two. I never thought that Broly would have taken so long to handle as well,” Shane replied with a grin as he pushed himself off the ground, white steam still rising from his body. He hadn’t bothered to deactivate his strengthening spells. Shane counted off his hands, recalling the names of the remaining executives, “That leaves us with Pica, Trebol, Vergo and the final boss, Doflamingo.”

And for once, Shane let out a sigh of exhaustion. The continuous high stakes battles were beginning to tire him out, and he knew that it was the same for Sara. With a flick of his right hand, a small bottle that resembled a pill bottle appeared within his palm, a green liquid sloshing within it. Shane passed it to Sara as he approached her.

“I think you should take it. Your movement’s grown slightly sluggish compared to when I saw you fight Dellinger earlier. It’s a healing potion, gives you a boost and speeds your body’s regenerative speed for quite some time,” Shane said. Shane had taken damage as well, but it was more of the traditional physical kind of beating, and he was used to it. That, and his magic’s own regenerative abilities was already keeping up with his injuries.

As he passed the vial over to Sara, all of the hair on his body pricked up, the very feral instincts within him empowering him to suddenly spin around in place. As if he had eyes on the back of his head, Shane already knew where to look when he spun around, eyes shooting up high as four silhouettes, illuminated against the sun, stared down at them from the top of the buildings. Shane squinted in the bright sunlight as he looked upwards.

There were four buildings and each man was standing on one roof, with Shane trying his best to identify them. On the leftmost, it was extremely easy to distinguish the silhouette as Pica, the lone swordsman of the group, his stance straight and composed, with his barrel-like chest sticking out and his large sword resting on his shoulder. Next to him, one of the two in the middle of the group was a lean silhouette that Shane was unable to make out his features. Moving on to the next was an extremely short person but when he looked even closer, Shane realized that the man was squatting, wearing a lavish cloak. A glint of pink told Shane that the man wore sunglasses.

And at the very right of the row of four was another bell-shaped silhouette, a very tall man wearing a cloak that reached to his feet and more. Like how Shane was watching them, the four of them were taking in the entire scene as well. Their comrades were all lying on the ground, messed up from their fights while the two mages that had waltzed into their territory, acting all casual.

Shane gulped, feeling goosebumps all over his arms, when the squatting man placed his gaze on him, as though cold water had been emptied over his head. However, He clenched his fists and matched his gaze defiantly. The tougher the adversity, the more adrenaline he could feel running through him.

“Are you seeing this?” Shane spoke to Sara without looking in her direction. “Looks like the final boss’ brought all his remaining mini bosses for a party.”

And in addition to all of this, all of the foot soldiers seemed to have arrived, surrounding them on all sides, walling them in while the latecomers blocked out all the alleys.

[850 words]

Killua
    Killua

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Killua 16th May 2019, 4:38 am

"I thought that I'll be able to come help faster, but the fat guy was a bit tougher then expected" She said with a smile. "But it looks like you didn't need any." She said looking at Broly. The massive executive layed on the ground, the blood had finally stopped flowing out from his neck, it looked gruesome to lay like that in your own blood, but she didn't say anything about it. It was not the right time to talk about that, and Shane probably didn't have much of a choice. Her own targets weren't as dangerous and except the exploding crystals from the white haired executive. They didn't pose such a threat to one's life as Broly did with his magic and giant axe. She was happy that the Rune Knight had taken care of the dark mage without major injuries or anything of that sort as they still had to deal with three other executives and the leader of Syndicate, it certainly made their job easier and she had yet to use more of her offensive abilities, but her magical power was still on the low side.

Looking around the town center Sara couldn't help but smile she loved fightning to a huge extent, even though their battle's had made it look like something else rather then a town center, but if the town's people wanted to get freed they had to cope with it, their opponents weren't pushovers and the destruction would only grow as they continued to face off against the dark guild. It was a huge boost that they could take a minute to catch their breath it was non stop moving and fighting until now, the other executives weren't here by the looks of things so they had a bit of time before they needed to move to the next location in search of the other three and the master.

Sara nodded to Shane as he counted out the remaining executives, with a tired sigh coming out of him after that, a concerned look on her face as she was about to coat her hand in her magic and offer to heal him, even though her movements weren't as fluid as when they first started fightning but she still had her trump card that would boost her power by quite a bit, and from the way things are going she was pretty sure that she would need to use it, she was happy that she had put time to train the and keep the power boost for longer periods of time unlike in the past, now her body was able to handle the raw ethernano better.

As she was about to activate her magic to help Shane, he had flicked his right hand and now there was a small bottle that looked like the ones people would have pills in them, she retracted her hand thinking that it was used to heal in a way. What surprised her was that Shane offered her to take the bottle of green liquid instead of him. Her mouth opened and she was about to protest but his words had made her close it before she could say anything else, it was true what he had said about her movements.

Sara looked at Shane one more time before sighing and taking the bottle from him, removing the cap she stared at the strange green liquid for a second before bringing it to her mouth the liquid sliding down her throat. She coughed once as she removed the bottle from her lips, it wasn't the best tastes but it was medical so she couldn't judge, she hated medicine it had tons of strange tastes that she didn't like, couldn't everything just be done with magic? She thought, as she cleaned a droplet off her mouth as it was sliding from the corner of her mouth.

As Shane had passed the bottle to her, he had turned and looked upwards towards something and she followed his gaze as she felt a lot magic power gathered at one place. A top the four buildings's roof tops stood four people, each on their respective roof. One of them was easily identifiable as Pica the jacked swordsman as Diamante had called him. The sun was blocking the other two features but it was obvious who they were, and the last one on the right wore a rather long pink cloak that reached past his feet. Sara was certain that he was the master mind of the guild and by the looks on his face he was certainly not happy at the two mages that had defeated his executives.

Sara's eyed Shane from the corner of her eyes, not moving her head from the direction of the last strong members of Syndicate. It looked like Shane had felt fear creep up on him after the pink cloaked man placed his gaze on him, but it didn't take him long to match the supposed gaze of the man, as he wore sunglasses, with his own the fear subsiding, this placed a smile on her face for a second as her partner still held strong. The squatting man then looked at Sara,her smile already gone, but for an odd reason she didn't even flinch, a slightly uneasy look flashed through the man as he looked at her, her red eye was glowing ominously as she looked at him. What she didn't know is that her tenant was pumping raw ethernano through her body and manipulated her insticts so she wouldn't feel the threat of death that the man gave off and in a way the beast in her was projecting itself through her left eye looking towards the man.

The glow subsided and returned to the normal glow it gave off under the effects of using her magic, the raw energy from her 'tenant' in standby if she needed to draw power. The squatting man finally standing up. "Lets hope we don't have to fight all them." Sara commented on what Shane said about the bosses, as she looked around and noticed all the people that had surrounded them. The town center was now swarmig with weaker soldiers of the guild. "Especially with all the distractions around us."

"Congratulations on making it this far, but this is the end of the road for you two." the man said as he looked at the partnered mages. "If by any chance you get away from the assault of my men, my executives will be waiting in front of the catherdal of the city and there..." The man paused as he took one last look at them. "We will personally massacre you for hurting our family members." He said as he turned on his heel and walked away the executives following suit.

Sara spun around so her back would be facing Shane as she looked at the rest of the members that were behind them. Their numbers were nothing short of extraordinary, to think that a dark guild could amass so many people to fight for them. "I'm open to ideas, because for the record I have none." She said as her eyes flickered from place to place to look for an escape route from them getting boxed in even more then they were now. "We can't fight so many at once, even if we can beat them, their numbers are gonna tire us out and beat us like that." She said, her eyes trailing to her hand. She had a spell that could clear them the way but she hoped to be able to use it in the fight. For now she would wait on its use to see if Shane had a better plan, as her's could hurt the civilians that were still in their houses.

WC:1300
    HP 450/500
    MP 250/500
    Spells Used:
    Demon's might for 3 more posts
    @Shane Stern

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 20th May 2019, 8:29 pm

Too absorbed by the last four obstacles whose eradication would herald the end of the job, Shane noticed at the last minute that they were surrounded on all sides by the lower-ranked minions of the Syndicate. Everywhere Shane looked, it was the same color of their matching colors, a sea of maroon every which way he looked. And it hit him again, the realization of the massive numbers that was in the organization and how ingenious the leader had to be, to be able to take over an entire island without anyone knowing about it. Had the townspeople not send out a request for help, practically no one would find out about this invasion until it was too late.

He could only grit his teeth as the four of them said their piece and left the site, leaving Shane and Sara to survive their predicament. Shane nodded as he agreed with Sara. They could fight their way out of here, but it would leave them drained to even pursue any further action against the last of them. Shane mentally cycled through all his available spells while he kept any eye on the ocean of men slowly closing in on them, their raised spears glinting dangerously in the sunlight as it neared them.

“Better yet, let’s just skip fighting them. I apologize in advance though,” Shane said. Without warning, the Rune Knight looped one arm around Sara’s waist and kicked off the ground with a sudden burst of strength, leaving a small crater in the ground as the two of them sailed high above the mass of foot soldiers and landed at the top of the buildings where the last of the executives were standing on minutes earlier. All of this had happened within two seconds, Shane having used Burst to instantly cover the distance. He quickly withdrew his arm, and then stood with one foot on the roof’s raised edge.

Bloody Mary, his trusty grenade launcher pulled out from the sheath on his hip that he had yet to return to the storage dimension after his fight was Broly, was held in his right hand. A single pull of the trigger sent out a grenade with a hollow-ish pop, similar to the cork popped out of a highly-shaken bottle of champagne, and the moment it landed on the ground, where Shane and Sara had been standing seconds earlier, it exploded and send out an expanding ring of rice. Everyone within the blast radius was stunned, their lower body frozen to the ground while those that had happened to avoid it, quickly scattered.

Shane slotted the weapon back into its sheath, and looked at Sara. Another plan had formed in his mind at the moment of the grenade shot, a plan that would reduce the number of opponents they had to fight but would definitely go against their morals. Especially after the realization from earlier when Shane had rediscovered himself. He rolled the words around in his mind, trying to justify it.

“I don’t know about you, but I think I’m really pushing the limits if I say I can take on two of them. I believe you aren’t in that great a shape as well. I will be honest. I have the spells to pull off an assassination, or at least a non-fatal version of it. I can go invisible, hit them with my strongest move. Risk-wise, it would be easier for me to knock out one of the remaining executives leaving us to fight the remaining two executives and the boss. Another option with a higher risk would be to carry it out on Doflamingo himself. That would see the job to its send. I strongly believe knocking out Doflamingo would be more advantageous for us. From what I have left in my tank, I think I can pull it off twice.”
    [WC: 647 words]

Killua
    Killua

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Killua 23rd May 2019, 10:08 am

Sara's eyes narrowed as she looked at the grinning crowd that was circling the two mages. She was betting on Shane for the escape plan, while she could fly and probably grab him with her, she was going to have tough time as he was quite taller then her which made things a bit harder if they were going to escape like that.  She clenched her fists in frustration, maybe she had to use her spell, it would drain her a bit but currently they had no other choice. Gritting her teeth she was about to raise her hand and begin casting her spell. Fortunately Shane had spoken up, telling her that they would skip the fighting here and apologized for something. She turned her head slightly to look at him with one eye just in time to see him moving to her and wrapping a single arm around her waist, picking her up, before jumping off the ground into the air with quite the burst of strength as the small crater that formed from the jump was anything to judge by.

Soon they were on top of the roofs that the executives had stood on, and as they had landed the Rune Knight had turned towards their previous spot, this time pulling out the grenade launcher that was on his hip, he aimed at their previous location before pulling on the trigger of the weapon sending out somekind of grenade. Sara moved to the edge after the grenade had exploded to see most of the people there's lower half of their body frozen and others running. She turned towards Shane and gave him a greatful nod for pulling them out of the circle of enemies.

Shane had also turned to her and began speaking. He had formed a plan and Sara carefully listened to the details of his plan and pondered for a second. It was too risky for him to go after Doflamingo, if it failed he would be cornered from the leader himself and the rest of his executives. "You shouldn't go after the leader, its too big of a risk if you fail, I suggest that we take down one of the executives first..." She said as she looked at the ground and clenched her fists tight with a small pause. 'Your thinking of finally using my powers, are you sure you want to show that part of you to a person you think you can consider a friend?' The beast inside her suddenly spoke with amusement in his voice through their link. 'He can't risk his life like that, its too big of a risk to pull something like that, even out the odds is better then trying something that may result in your death!' She spoke back to the beast but only received a chuckle in return.

"I-i have a trump card that can help us, I-it may be a boost to myself but I think I'll be able to drag Doflamingo's attention towards me." Hopeful eyes looked back at Shane in hope that he would agree with her, she didn't say he was weak but Doflamingo looked like someone that would just murder both of them where they stood, and for the first time her calm and collected expression had been broken, now an unsure and slightly worried look on her face, she had always been afraid of what others would think of her ability and only one person for now had accepted her for it, but then again, only one person had seen her in action with it. "I-i know it's a huge gamble, but your risking too much on an attack that if its not successful could end up in your death." She said as she waited for Shane's answer.

Up at the cathedral's front entrance Vergo and Pica patiently waited for the duo to come to them, as they were certain that their lower ranked members wouldn't be able to defeat them if six executives couldn't do it.

WC:668
    HP: 450/500
    MP:250/500
    Spells Active:
    Demon's might 50%+ to physical strength for 2 more posts.

@Shane Stern

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 24th May 2019, 12:48 am

Shane could understand the concern from the girl when she suggested for Shane to take the less-risky option and to launch the surprise attack on one of the executives instead of Doflamingo. It was the far safer option, with a more viable means of retreat as attacking the leader of the circus directly left no choice for failure. And the worst case was the lack of information on Doflamingo. They had no information about his magic and his capabilities. For a close combat mage, Shane would be at a severe disadvantage while Sara had her wings.

Shane kept to himself, still unsure of his answer when Sara spoke up again with her idea. A trump card. But the Rune Knight had a puzzled look on his face when he took note of Sara’s stuttering as she spoke. She had been confident even in the face of overwhelming odds from the beginning till now, so where was the source of her anxiety coming from? Her expression was one of worry instead of confidence.

Inhaling through his nose and then exhaling loudly a second later, Shane’s gaze changed. A steely determined look appeared on his face despite the wariness of the continuous battles. A bottle with red liquid appeared in his right hand the same way he had summoned the healing vial that he had given to Sara earlier. Shane held it up to eye level and then looked at Sara, smirking as he did so.

“Take this, it grants you an additional boost to your strength and speed. You will need it,” Shane said. He then walked over to the other side of the roof, where he had a clear view of the other part of the town clearly. And across them was a large cathedral, with Vergo and Pica standing guard, their expressions of cockiness unchanged despite the damage they had already taken so far. Shane furrowed his brows and without looking back at Sara began to speak.

“Doflamingo and Trebol is probably inside the cathedral. How about this? If you can still fly, fly towards them and keep their eyes on you. You don’t have to engage them. I will use my invisibility, sneak up behind them and attack them both from the back. I bet I can take the two of them out with one good hit. Then we infiltrate the cathedral and catch them by surprise. That would be less of a risk than the original plan.”

After he spoke, Shane grinned at the girl again and then disappeared into thin air, having activated his Cloaking spell. It was fortunate that the magical red eye allowed Shane a better control over his magical power expenditure, allowing him to fine tune the amount of magic and to prevent any wastage from the continued usage of spells. For the next part of the plan, he was going to have to minimize his spells as much as possible, knowing for sure that the fight with Doflamingo and Trebol would require him to use everything in his tank.

Now invisible, Shane made his way down the building slowly and stealthily through the fire escape. As he descended, he lost sight of Sara, but he believed that she would pull through. He picked his way carefully so as not to cancel out the fragile state of his cloaking spell, keeping his movements as minimal as possible. It took him five minutes to cover the distance that would only normally take seconds but Shane had set himself up near the entrance of the cathedral, Breaker in his right hand, lurking like a specter as he waited for Sara to distract them.

[608 words]

Killua
    Killua

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Killua 25th May 2019, 5:14 pm

Sara looked to the side when Shane's expression had changed to a confused one, as she spoke about her 'trump card'. She was afraid how far she was going to go after using the raw magic's power, but it was a necessity, from the small distance that was between them she had felt that their enemy had a lot of magic power at his disposal, while she hadn't felt fear from the overwhelming feeling, it was because her tenant had dulled out her sense at that moment. The next battle was a battle of life and death for the partnered mages, and would require every trick they could use to pull this one off. Four enemies left and they were both reaching their limits, if they didn't do everything perfect the remaining high ranking members of Syndicate.

Hearing the Rune Knight exhale she looked back at him, a determined expression as a strange bottle had appeared in his hand the same like the one that had healed her but this time the liquid was red instead of the green the other one had, and Sara was surprised as he yet again offered her the bottle, saying that this time the bottle will increase her speed and strength.

Sara took the bottle and nodded at Shane and steeled her resolve the worried expression from before gone and replaced by a small smile. He was putting quite a lot of trust in her on this one. She didn't know exactly how much he had in him before becoming too exhausted to fight high caliber targets. If he is able to take down one or two targets with his plan it was going to swing the odds in their favour very quickly.

"I'll think of something that can grab their attention." She said as Shane disappeared and she made her way towards the edge of the roof in the direction of the cathedral. She looked at the vial in her hand for a second before removing the cap and looking directly into the red liquid that was inside it. She sighed as she drank and red liquid, before dropping the bottle next to her. For a second she didn't feel anything, but suddenly adrenaline rushed through her system, it felt good and it was even better then the one she received during her battle with the fat weight mage and the one that shot exploding crystals, the fun part begins now, she thought even when the coming battle will be the deciding one, she couldn't help but shudder in excitement.

Sara had formed her wings for what felt like the tenth time today and flew towards the cathedral, she wasn't sure if Shane had already made it there and had no way of knowing, which meant another gamble by the two mages. The day was full of gambles for her, whether or not that would work or not she still took them even to this moment. As she got closer to the cathedral doors she could finally clearly see the two executives that stood guarding the entrance. The swordsman and the other bald headed man that she had no info on. Both their eyes were set on her, watching her and waiting for her to make a move all the while keeping those maniacal grins on their faces.

"Where is your friend little fly?"
    The swordsman said in a surprisingly high pitched voice.

Sara was about to say something but an idea popped into her head, and she began to laugh out loud at the high pitched voice of the jacked swordsman. In normal circumstances she wouldn't have laughed as hard in a situation as serious as this one, but now she needed a distraction, and if he was sensetive about his voice he would get distracted. And to her favour he was, a thick mark had appeared on his forehead, and he tapped the ground with his foot and and a few stone spears shot out. Sara moved to the side and dodged them with ease due to the increased speed from the vial that Shane gave her.

"I'll squish you to pieces once I get my hands on you!" The high pitched voice shouted this time and it was even funnier as he was now angry and couldn't even express it properly with that voice.

"Pica, calm yourself, we are killing her for making fun of you, don't worry." The bald man said as he looked at Sara with a death stare.

She flinched at the gaze but stayed at her postion, hoping that this would be enough for Shane. She smirked in hopes of irritating the two mages even more, but it didn't look like they cared for anything else at the moment then just killing her.

WC: 798
    HP:450/500
    MP:250/500

@Shane Stern

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 27th May 2019, 3:36 am

Shane almost punched himself in the face when he realized he had never worked out a way to send a signal to Sara when he was ready and positioned for the plan to proceed. For all he knew, Sara would wait without any idea on how to proceed. Mentally berating himself, Shane finally found consolation when his partner proved that she was the smarter of the two, as she flew down, descending with the grace of an angel but definitely armed with enough power to shame even demons. He almost laughed out loud himself when he heard Pica talk, and caught himself in time or the entire plan would be for naught.

As the swordsman with a herculean build was thrown off by Sara’s ridiculing laugh, with Vergo chiming in to calm his colleague down, Shane saw the opportunity. Their attention and their anger were completely focused on the winged mage in front of them, and they were rather off guard, having thought that she was now alone with Shane having turned tail.
    Oh, how wrong they could be.

Moving slowly but surely, Shane approached the two executives with the stealth of a specter. He could only hope that Sara saw the reason behind what he had to do, and would not judge him. He was Spec Ops, and there was no shirking from the duty when push comes to shove. Even if it meant killing.

“For the greater good,” Shane thought to himself as he appeared behind Vergo and with all his reinforced strength, jammed Breaker in its sword form straight through his back into the right side of his chest. The moment the tip of the blade penetrated through the either side, Vergo’s entire body shocked into a series of spasms, Shane was already on to Pica before Vergo had fallen to the ground. The sudden thrust with Breaker had broken his cloaking spell and the sword was still stuck in Vergo’s body, but Shane wasn’t completely vulnerable.

Pivoting with the heel of his right foot, Shane used the momentum of the spin to augment the already enhanced strength of his fist as he pulled off Hargeon Smash, a jaw-breaking and mind-shaking uppercut that connected smoothly with Pica’s jaw and throwing him straight up into the air and crashing into the decorative arches of the cathedral high above them with a crunch before falling back to the ground. It was a solid 20 feet flight into the air before he dropped back down, almost instantly knocking him out. The man tried to stand back up despite the heavy bleeding from his crown and mouth, but before he could even raise himself up, Shane threw another punch into his face, slamming the man back into the ground.

Vergo lied on the ground, his hands clutching the portion of blade that was sticking out of his chest, seated by one of the cathedral entrance’s pillars. The end of the sword jutting from his back kept him from lying down. He was breathing heavily and try as he might, he failed to think of a way to use his magic to get himself out of the predicament. Additionally, seeing Pica get taken out within two hits left him panicking and his mind a muddled mess.
    Shane turned to him and began to approach him.

“In normal circumstances, I would have asked Sara to heal you while I pull out the sword before knocking you out. But you have really made it very difficult for us to reach this point man. I’m afraid I can’t afford you the same kind of mercy that we gave Diamante,” Shane said as he crouched down to look at the man in the eye. With an indifferent expression on his face, betrayed only by the steely glance in his eyes, Shane held out his hands to catch Vergo by the collar and raised him up as he stood up. He pushed him back into the pillar, getting to lean on his side while Shane’s left hand moved to the hilt of the sword now halfway through Vergo’s heart.

Without a single word from Shane, he pulled out Breaker in one fluid motion. Blood sprayed from the large wound from both the front and back as the top executive of Doflamingo collapsed to the ground, lying in a pool of his own blood which was growing at a hurried pace. Shane turned away from the scene to look at Sara instead. He felt no remorse or guilt, for this was a battlefield. It was either kill or be killed. And it had been a quick death, a necessary one unlike what he had initially done to Diamante before coming to his senses.

“This was the only way I could have pulled it off,” Shane said, flinging Breaker to the side with a swing of his arm, letting the still-warm blood originally coating his blade splatter to the ground in a straight line.

[825 words]

Killua
    Killua

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Killua 28th May 2019, 8:28 pm

Sara watched as Shane revealed himself behind the two executives, a mental sigh of relief as it seems her timing was good this time. She watched as the Rune Knight put his sword through Vergo's back and the giant man had started falling towards the ground, and in the meantime Shane had gone towards Pica do deliver a devasteting uppercut that if Sara had to guess was enhanced by magic, and threw the jacked swordsman high into the air, when he had fallen back to the ground he was about to get up but the white haired mage was quick to prevent it as he threw another punch at him, slamming him back down.

Sara watched with amusement as her partner had dealt with the two opponents with ease. Pica for sure wasn't getting up anytime soon from those hits, but Vergo was another story. Sara flew down, her wings disappearing as she touched the ground and went behind  her partner and eyed the bleeding Syndicate mage from there. The bald mage was struggling and there was fear in his eyes as he looked at the mage that just assulted them. They didn't expect him at all, as they had been completly focused on her. She felt bad for the bald headed man, even though they had threatened to kill them. She never took kindly to killing, but even she knew that sometimes there was no other way, that didn't mean that she had to like it though.

She stayed silent as Shane spoke to the bald haired man, she knew what was coming when the white haired teen finished talking and her eyes pinned themselves on his back. She had hoped that there wasn't gong to be any more killing on their side, but it seems there would be at least one more, though she wouldn't judge Shane on what he was going to do, she didn't exactly know why he was killing the man but she is equallly to blame for his death as she could have stopped him at any time, with words or with force if she had too.

With one swift motion the Rune Knight had pulled the blade from the man's chest and blood went everywhere and soon Vergo collapsed on the ground a pool of blood forming fast under him. Sara had looked away from the scane and when she felt that Shane's eyes were on her, she looked back at him and gave him a small nod.

"You had to do what you had to do."
    She simply said as she walked towards the doors of the cathedral. She sighed as she knew what she had to do now, she was still afraid of showing the demonic energy to Shane, but she hoped that he would not judge her and she would answer question if he had, he was a Rune Knight after all.

"I'm going to do something a bit after we enter, and I'm reassuring you that I have it under control." Sara said as she pushed the doors of the cathedral. Maybe she could formulate what she said better, and that way Shane wouldn't have had to just put his hopes blindly on her. It was something that he would deal with for now.

As she entered the cathedral, Sara eyed the place, seeing that Doflamingo sat on a throne made of white string or at least it looked like string with Trebol next to him, snot dripping from his nose. He eyed her warily as there was not a single fresh wound on her. His eyes trailed behind her and a thick mark appeared on his forehead as he saw a glimpse of the pool of blood that belonged to Vergo.

"You have the guts to appear in front of me after what you did to my family!" He said with a raised voice.

Sara stayed silent as she closed her eyes and began walking forward. A red bubbly substance could be seen on her back by Shane as she walked towards the throne of string. She stopped in the middle of the cathedral, inhaling and exhaling before opening her glowing eyes to match the look of the guild master of the dark guild.

"I'm about to do the same to you, maybe not kill you, as that way you can't pay for trying to inslave this town." She asked as she grinned showing her elongated teeth, the bubbly substance from her back finally spreading over her whole body like a cloak of energy that was protecting her with a tail and two fox-like ears forming from red energy, her nails also elongating to make them look like claws giving her an even more feral look then before. "I'm sorry but I will end this fight as fast as possible." Sara said as she crouched slightly.

In a blink of an eye Sara disappeared from her current position only to appear in front of Trebol, with Doflamingo's eyes going wide at the speed the petite girl was showing. The red energy around her had increased her speed and strenght even more and with the red vial from the white haired Rune Knight' Sara's speed was on a whole new level currently. Sara threw a punch at Trebol as she appeared in front of him Doflamingo had seen every movement of the girl and had tried to react to try and save his fellow comrade from the attack, but before he had even moved the snot leaving man was sent flying, with Sara dashing again only to appear above him and with a spin in mid air she delivered a spinning kick to the flying man quickly sending him to the floor of the cathedral making it crack in several direction by the force of the impact.

Sara landed on her feet with her back turned towards the guild master as she watched Trebol and waited to see if he would move even though she knew that he wouldn't taunting the guild master was her idea. She turned around to face the tall man that was the guild master with a mad grin as she began to slowly walk towards him. Sara relished every moment of this, she enjoyed using every bit of her magic and currently she felt better then ever.

Doflamingo dashed forward towards her and when he got in range he spun to deliver a round house kick, just as the kick was about to connect, the tail made from pure energy intercepted him and caught his kick, using his own momentum the tail dragged him behind Sara and flung him towards a nearby wall. Doflamingo stayed in the creater for a second as he eyed the beast that was standing in the middle of the cathedral with fear. It wasn't normal for someone to have this kind of power as even he would even call it evil. Sara didn't give the man much more time as she dashed again only to appear in front of him to deliver a punch to his stomach that would send him through the wall and outside of the church. Sara watched through the hole in the wall if the Syndicate master would get up, ready to move out and deliver another attack if he even twitched. But it looked like he wasn't going to get up anytime soon either, so Sara jumped back in the cathedral. The red energy around her dispersed and the adrenaline from the vial wore off, Sara fell her butt as she panted as exhaustion from the movements finally got to her. But it didn't matter as they had finally won and freed the town from the group known as Syndicate.

Post WC: 1286
    @Shane Stern

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 28th May 2019, 9:52 pm

Shane kept to himself at Sara’s words. He valued the girl’s opinions but he wasn’t just a normal mage. He was a Rune Knight and he had a duty to carry out, even if it meant taking more extreme measures. What really concerned him was the second part of what she had said. His brows furrowed as he tried to figure out what she meant, thinking to how anxious she had been when she had revealed her possession of an ace that would even out the playing field, or possibly leveling it completely. Despite that, he realized that he trusted her, as how he would trust his fellow Rune Knights, men that had gone through thick and thin with him.

He shook his head and followed closely behind Sara, watching as she opened the doors to the cathedral. Her confidence as she walked in was inspiring, adding on to the admiration that Shane held for the petit girl on top of all that she had done throughout the job. Doflamingo had issued a threat, a hollow one, because what happened next was completely unexpected. It seemed that in a similar fashion to Shane, Sara had an extra reserve of magic energy that could be used to enhance her natural abilities as well.

But that was where the similarity ended. While Shane’s boost somehow generated a layer of mist around him, the magical energy that overflowed from Sara seemed like it was boiling over, bubbling around her until she was completely shrouded in the magical energy. Being behind her, Shane had no idea what changes had occurred on her face, but what the magical energy did was clear. It granted the power of a demon, a fox-like one if he was correct.

From the layer of energy around her head was two fox-like ears that stood upright. A prehensile tail of energy appeared as well, and talons formed of the same energy appeared on her fingertips. Another way to put it was that Sara had activated a fox-demon suit of pure magical energy. He was caught with his mouth open when the girl disappeared and then reappeared in front of the snot-dripping Trebol, finishing him in two moves. Shane knew that the adrenaline vial he had given Sara boosted her speed and strength but her magical enhancement was equally powerful.

Doflamingo didn’t fare too well either, unable to even complete his kick, the man was subdued within seconds and whooshed past Shane as he crashed into the wall. Another gust of air blew past Shane as Sara travelled to where Doflamingo was, a single punch with enough force to break through the wall and send the mastermind of this whole shindig flying out of the cathedral, flopping around as he rolled on the ground before finally coming to a stop. It was an unsightly end for a man of his standing, but one that he deserved.

The two of them looked at Doflamingo’s unmoving body and when they confirmed he was probably not going to wake up any time soon, Shane turned to look at Sara and grinned. The girl was completely burnt out from the battle and she just sat on the ground, her demonic manifestation of magic deactivated.

“That was impressive,” the Rune Knight said unreservedly, as he dropped onto his butt as well, relinquishing his control over his enhancement spells. The moment they were deactivated, Shane could feel all of the exhaustion and pain from the earlier battles hit him at once, eliciting a hiss from the man. “Was that magic the source of all your worries?”

As he spoke, Shane began to wonder how his magic at full power would match up to Sara’s demonic mode. It seemed that he was going to have discover the secrets to his magic as soon as possible. He knew there was another level of empowerment that his magic could bring.

[650 words]

Killua
    Killua

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Killua 29th May 2019, 4:55 pm

Sara looked at Shane as he also sat down, exhaustion clearly getting to him as well. The Syndicate guild was going in chains most of its members were probably trying to find a way before the government gets to the island, without the executives to back them up, they were pretty weak, the only thing they had were numbers. The red haired girl reached towards her skirt's pocket and pulled out her eye patch, before covering her left eye. She didn't want to draw attention to herself about it, as civilians tend to have different reaction then mages. They were used to seeing unordinary things, and yet she was still unsure around other mages, even though it seems most of them don't really judge by just looking at what's on the surface.

Sara hugged her knees as Shane spoke and she looked towards the hole she made when she punched the guild master of the dark guild, the sun shining brightly from it. "I usually expect the worst reaction when I use the 'other' part of my magic, as I've had some problems years ago with some people..." She said as she looked back at Shane. "I'm afraid to use as it dulls out my rational way of thinking, makes me more violent.. I-i think I'll go too far sometimes, and I don't want other people to pay, because I lost control of my self." She said, it was half the truth as it wasn't really that much apart of her magic and more of her tenant, but to be precise her whole magic came from him, before that she had used a different type of lightning magic, but as time passed she was unable to manifest it anymore and slowly she found out that her magic had changed. But she wasn't ready to go tell someone that she had a being that was trying to make her rip things apart so he could just have something fun to watch. That's why he was so giving when it came to his power, as the logical part of her mind was being left out more and more when she was getting more and more intoxicated in using his magic, even if she managed to catch herself and stop from going to far. "But I'm starting to get used to using it, getting control fully over it is hard, but maybe one day I would be able to master it." Another half truth, Sara had been able to find some records of her family and everyone that happened to have the beast in them had reached the point of mastering it when they had full cooperation between the two.

"Your magic was also impressive, you have a big arsenal of weaponry and other stuff, not to mention those punches, they were quite the something, another part of your magic if I'm correct?" She asked, trying to keep a conversation between the two. Sara wasn't the best to keep up with social interactions, but when she got the chance she jumped on it. It was one the things that she needed to tackle, she can't be socially awkward all her life.

WC:529
    @Shane Stern

Shane Stern
    Shane Stern

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shane Stern 31st May 2019, 5:52 pm

Normally Shane would have left the mission site the moment it was completed, leaving any clean up to the Rune Knight personnel but this time, he wasn’t in a rush to go. He had fired off a message to Link through the iLac, which he stored in his Requip dimension. He would be bringing in the manpower to capture all of the lower ranked members of the Syndicate and all he had to do now was sit around with Sara. He was curious about her magic, but even more so, he wanted to know her better. It was rare for him to find someone he could work with flawlessly, not even within the Rune Knights. As of now.

The Rune Knight listened to his partner talk about her experiences when she had used her magic, the hidden part of it. However, as he listened, Shane had even more questions.
    “I don’t really feel that it’s a problem? I mean, from what I can see, you’ve got a pretty good grasp on the magic’s hold over you. You know what I think? You just need a good partner. One who would be willing and capable to rein you in, IF you really do go berserk,” Shane replied after some careful thought, stressing heavily on the ‘IF’ in his words. “I personally believe, there’s no good or evil to a magic. It’s just how we use it.”

When Sara asked about his own magic, Shane answered easily without keeping any secrets about his magic. He knew some people who had a tendency to do that.

“Yea, it’s kinda complicated but my magic lets me tap into the accumulative strength of my predecessors to act like most enhancement magic. I still haven’t figured out the upper limits of my magic though. And the weapons are just part of my Requip arsenal. I’m a Rune Knight, so all these weapons make my jobs easier,” he replied with a shrug. Shane paused for a second before continuing with a grin. “Are you interested in joining the Rune Knights? Your sense of justice and your abilities would be a great addition to the force. And you make a great partner too.”

[365 words]

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 8:27 am