Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Investigating the Plague

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 11,070,431

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Skill: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Skill: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Investigating the Plague Empty Investigating the Plague

Post by Mythal Ragnos 7th March 2019, 5:03 pm

Spoiler:

I've been out there and seen the things she's made

This infection seemed to be spreading and evolving. And that was a terrifying thing.

After Mythal had dispatched with the wolves and the bear, the herbalist had come rushing out to collect as many samples as possible. Her haste seemed to be a bit over the top but even as the God Slayer was thinking it, he could see the bodies of the creatures beginning to decompose at an alarming rate. She rushed out and gathered as many pieces of the infectious growths as she could before the bodies melted into a steaming, disgusting sludge. And just like that, only the bones remained.

“Well that’s not gonna haunt my nightmares,” Mythal mumbled as he looked around. He’d seen some disturbing things but this certainly was taking a cake.

“The disease is growing more intelligent, affecting creatures outside of plants. This is astonishing!” The herbalist exclaimed as she looked at the vials of flesh and plant in her hands. Her magic seemed to be focused on herbology, as she had managed to mutter a few words and lock the vials with runic symbols. Green vapor filled the glass tubes temporarily and kept the samples from deteriorating, granting her ample time to study them. “This isn’t some naturally occurring element either. This has to be rooted in magic.” She gasped suddenly. “I need more samples. I need more readings! I need to get my equipment and go out there.”

Mythal glanced at her. “Do you have any kind of offensive magic?”

“Uh… well, no…”

“Then that’s a bad idea. Give me the equipment. I’ll get the readings or samples or whatever you need,” he said, turning to her. He wouldn’t have been able to live with himself if he let her just go wandering off into the woods with no means of protecting herself. And given how the animals were acting now, there was no doubt in his mind that there were more dangerous things waiting.

She decided not to argue with him. After all, he had shown her a number of times now that he was perfectly capable of handling himself. She rushed back to her home and returned a moment later, holding several devices attached to straps so he could sling them over his shoulders. Together they managed to get all of the equipment on, with the herbalist talking a mile a minute about what he should be looking for.

As he began his journey inward, he began spotting plants that were already looking odd. He took out the sensors and ran them over each plant, watching as the light on it flashed green to show it had finished its scan. He continued walking for several minutes until he heard a shuffle in the bushes near him. From the growths emerged four pigs, covered in the same disgusting algae the wolves and bears had been in. Mythal’s hand reached behind him in a flash and pulled out Curse, whipping the blade around to cut into each of the four pigs in sequence and bring their suffering to a quick end.

He took the time to collect some of the meat from each pig for the herbalist’s vials as well. He also spotted a small pond, that had been infected by algae as well. He took a few samples there as well before he stood back up, looking deeper into the forest beyond. Even here he could feel an… odd sensation. Like the woods themselves had an aura about them, beckoning for him, summoning him to travel deeper. Was it just the infection or something more?

He had a feeling he would have to find out sooner rather than later.

Beanstalk VillageRune Knights
    617/500
    Let me tell you, they are fear.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Current date/time is 8th May 2024, 6:52 pm