Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Grave Robbing The Deep

Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Main Account- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Dragonfly Healer
    Position : None
    Guild : Onyx Moon
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 494,070

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Grave Robbing The Deep Empty Grave Robbing The Deep

Post by Haraka Omaras 1st February 2019, 10:40 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

Spoiler:
    The day seemed to be just like any other. Wake up at the crack of dawn, shower, brush hair before tying it up, get dressed, eat, then head out. It was an early morning shift as the hospital, working on research for some of the hours, working in the clinic on other hours.  He had invited Victoria to visit after the one job they had done together, but not all invited ever actually arrived. No matter how young Omaras looked, he knew that he acted like and was very much not not exactly the youngest person. Who these days would want food and drink with someone that would be showing and talking about clay made stone wares and root made glass wares? Well, maybe her. She was the one who had actual interest in hearing more than expected. Deeper and more intimate information hadn't been shard yet, but that was normal. One shouldn't start the meeting of others by giving the deepest darkest details. There was dancing around a lot of details when they first met, more information shared than intended in the first place. Still, nothing incredibly intimate was spoken.

Most had been information that could have been found in the right books. It had felt a bit personal though, perhaps because it was thoughts and memories being shared. That early life wasn't a series of information recorded in books to the best of historian scholars attempts. In any case the person met the early morning light after the end of his shift, plants outside still being moist and fresh with dew. The young looking old man fully expected William to awaken soon, so headed towards one of the many merchants he was quite familiar with. It was typical, hungry or not, for a friendly greeting to happen before either was close enough to talk. This was when the morning stopped feeling like just another day. When waving a slightly worn out feeling ice blue hand, the mixed blood has expected a wave or nod in return. Neither of those happened. Was there anything going on? As the West Fiore Trading Company member grew closer, another red flag was spotted. That merchants brother was there? At this time that person was typically working to ready their tavern, a place that certainly wasn't close enough to make this normal.

A third red flag was seen when he was almost in talking distance, the grim look on both brothers faces, one looking in his direction and the other looking downward. The unfolding of multiple signs as the gap between them slowly shortened had started nervousness to build. The man could feel his stomach give twisting and dropping sensations from the emotions. The first thing that was spoken upon arrival was apologies and offers of food brought from the brothers tavern, supposed leftovers from the day before. He could tell those weren't scraps, it was food purposely made this very morning. Fresh food cooked professionally and carried over carefully enough for it to not look like a total mess? He knew the signs of bad news coming. While not one who had the most intimate details in the world, he knew more than any stranger. A family friend that had kept semi in touch for enough generations for it to seem unlikely for that family to recall a time that the seemingly ageless man hadn't been friends with them. This is why they were being so careful, why both were trying to make something easier to bear hearing.

The entire process of even walking over had felt nerve wrecking enough that everything else seemed to fade at that point. Someone could have seen or heard the entire thing and he wouldn't have took notice. It was strange for someone who had lived so long on a strong amount of paranoia that had been gained through thousands of years of hiding from a group. The news wasn't spoken, it didn't need to be. A box was opened, something flat being inside. A small patch of scaled skin that looked from something quite big. The alarming detail came from the glowing crest on it. They didn't need to tell him how they happened to find out about this, neither brother were involved in the black market that he knew of. The tavern owner though? Had an inn above and some people had very loose lips around the bartenders. Not everyone who visited that tavern were squeaky clean, it made taking certain illegal items easier. It was a risk taken not for themselves, for getting caught could have caused the criminals to become violent. This was taken for his sake, for the glowing white snowflake was the same one on his own hide.

The symbol in the middle looked similar to a gladius sword, it was his great aunts crest. Omaras fell to his knees, fingers pressing against the wood of the docks, their talons hovering over. The box was obviously closed before he could finish falling, that wasn't the sword of item one would risk flashing around. There was an attempt to comfort him, a pat on the shoulder. This was likely a bit awkward for the two, a person whom neither had even seen in an upset mood now moved to his knees. The tears were not welcomed, but arrived regardless. This wasn't something he had expected. He wanted to know how grave robbers found the place, but knew neither would know that answer. The pain she had caused him, that family member, he still loved her dearly. As hurt and upset as she had made him in life. He didn't want to go there, but now there really wasn't any choice. Trying to pull himself together was hard, all of this was so emotional. What was he to do? What should he... "I... I need to go stop them." Blinded by tears, still not standing, a deep but silky smooth voice still spoke from the full ice blue lips in an almost defeated sounding tone.

A new dark thought arrived.
    "...I have no idea how many people will be there, or the danger. The longer I wait, the worse the situation will get, but blindly rushing in alone could get me killed."

The Blood of death kept me breathing. From that fluid birthed a new rhythm.

Words: 1040

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Harakas Bank] [Profile] [Ulhar Relgim] [Ice Dragon Slayer(2nd Gen)] [Second Heart] [Death Fae Doctor] [Characters Theme Song]
    Grave Robbing The Deep SnakeWeaver
    Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Shadows Of Anarchy
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Experience : 5,482,708

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Merces Letifer
    Second Skill: Combat Medic
    Third Skill:

Grave Robbing The Deep Empty Re: Grave Robbing The Deep

Post by Victoria Sheridan 2nd February 2019, 12:23 pm

After successfully defeating the evil pumpkins in Haunted Village and breaking the power of the Corlone family in Rose Garden, Victoria had taken a few days off to rejoice in defeating her nemesis Francesca Corlone the legal way. There was almost no possible way that the Corlones could ever recover from having their dealings in murder for hire and slave trading exposed for the public of Earthland to see in newspaper, on Lacrima television, and on the Lacrima net. There was no way that the crime family could ever garner public sympathy... at least Victoria hoped that was the case. She was sure that in between the police and rival crime organizations, Francesca and her father would not dare show their faces in public for a very long time, if ever.

Earlier today she had received an invitation from Haraka Omaras of West Fiore Trading Company to accompany them on a trip to Tolgalen. Looking for a chance to get back into action, Victoria eagerly accepted the invitation. She gained a respect for the mage during the job in the Cursed Lands, where they beat back an attack on Haunted Village made by pumpkins infused with magic and a taste for human flesh. Haraka was a mage dedicated to defending people who could not protect themselves. They also attempted to limit the property damage done to Haunted Village and its crops, something that gained the West Fiore Trading Company mage more of Victoria's respect.

Wearing her Azure Armor over a blue t-shirt with khaki cargo shorts and white tennis shoes, Victoria kept her Bandolier inside her backpack instead of draping it over her armor to avoid inciting panic among the citizens of Earthland. She would put on the Bandolier when she got to their destination. She did not have to worry nearly as much about the opinion of enemies as she did the opinion of the people she was trying to protect. She arrived on the docks of the Cloud Sea and found Haraka crouched down on the dock.

"Hey Haraka, are you OK?" Victoria asked the other mage. She was concerned about them because she recalled the story that Haraka had told her about how stratified the society the latter came from was. She remembered how Haraka's mother was barely tolerated despite being one of the few healers around and how his grandmother was disqualified from ever having a leadership position because of a simple physical defect. The situation reminded her of her unpleasant experiences with Capital Crocus' stratified society, but the undersea people were a lot worse than Capital Crocus ever was. At least Victoria could have become part of capital society, even maybe a social leader if she had enough money to be deemed tolerable to the aristocrats and wannabe aristocrats of Fiore's capitol.

Haraka's people were not nearly so tolerant. She only had to remember the stories of Haraka's mother and grandmother to get a quick reminder of that fact. Haraka was a good person in spite of what happened to his family... maybe the brunette could stand to learn a lesson or two from the other mage.

[Word Count: 523]
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Main Account- Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Dragon Slayer- Unknown Powerhouse- Achiever- Halloween job event participant - Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 22nd February 2019, 10:36 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

Deep sapphire blue irises turned towards the very person he hadn't expected to show up. Not everyone invited actually did so, most really didn't. There was no reason for them to, not when the only promise was food and conversation with a rambling old man. He didn't have amazing treasures, nor a want for them. There was no need or want for a vast living quarters. Guests didn't exactly pop up from the wood works for visits. What should he do? It was hard to talk, impossible to explain out here. Maybe they could walk aboard the ship to speak? The merchants would certainly allow it, though because of the dragon slayer lacrima used to repair his soul, doing that would make talking harder for a much different reason.
    What should he do? There was a need to leave now, a want to. Just as it seemed he would freeze up, a warm pair of hands gently pushed him a bit. Fire had come out, the silent spirit getting the doctor from the stunned state of shock. Yes, talk first, talk was important.
    "Uh..." There was a glance towards the box before fire gently pushed him towards the water, the woman standing firmly on the dock. He knew what she was trying to say.
    "This is my fire spirit. She was just.." He looked towards the merchant, than to fire, then Victoria. "I'll be able to explain better in the air. Would you mind traveling somewhere with me? I need to do something, go somewhere... It will be easier to think without so many around." It was easy to allow the draconian blood to slip out more and manifest itself. The mixed blood changed into their sea dragon form, wings folded up. He sat down, waiting for their friend to climb on before taking flight.

This was... a lot. It was all a lot. Omaras felt light headed, dazed, upset, depressed, panicked, angry, and it all felt like a mess. Everything was a horrible mess.
    "Sorry, I had meant to invite you to spend a normal day here..." But that wasn't happening, at least now at this moment. Once it seemed safe to do so, the sea dragon jumped from the dock then spread his wings. There was a brief time of gliding over the water, talons lightly touching the water. Haraka flew up when it seemed they were good enough a distance from the docks though, the well sized wings keeping speed to a minimum for now.
    Now wasn't the time for races or racing anywhere. He knew there was a need to try to do something, but all the rushing emotions made it hard to think.
    "I... Need to go to the bottom of the ocean to where the ice countries palace is located. There are... either grave robbers or dragon hunters there. It... I think it would be impossible for them to have found it by chance, but I'm not calm enough to figure out more. Everything feels like a horrible mess... The merchants brother, he... saw the dragon skin patch a customer had brought in and knew it was... the mark was... my family... My great aunts, someone took it from her body..."
    The words felt like poison dripping from his maw, but this was something that needed to be let out. The very thought of strangers touching the corpses of his family churned at the stomach. It was painful and he hated it. "No matter how they made me feel, they're still my family. I can't just... I have to go. Will you come with me? It's okay to say no, none of this was planned. I just.. found out."
    Everything felt like a giant mess.

Words: 621
    My Total: 1661

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Harakas Bank] [Profile] [Ulhar Relgim] [Ice Dragon Slayer(2nd Gen)] [Second Heart] [Death Fae Doctor] [Characters Theme Song]
    Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Legal Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- EXP Grinder- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Limited Edition- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- The Completionist- Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 23rd February 2019, 1:30 pm

"Don't worry, Haraka. I'll travel with you wherever it is you're going." Victoria assured him. Haraka was a good guy who needed a helping hand with the pressing issue of going back to his family's home for the first time in ages. Going back to a place with so many powerful memories was not going to be easy for him and he clearly wanted at least one person by his side to help him through what was certain to be an unpleasant experience. When he said that they were going to go under the water, the brunette winced for a moment. She was not able to breath underwater without the aid of a scuba tank or rebreather.

"I'll go with you. However, I have one question before we set out, Haraka." Victoria said to him while holding up a finger. This next question was going to be important. It was so important that one could say that it was a make-or-break kind of thing. If Haraka did not have a means for her to breathe under the water, it would be a very short trip for the brunette.

"Do you have a way to help me breathe underwater?" Victoria asked Haraka. She was a mage with powerful magic and more than a little resourcefulness, but she was still dependent on breathing air in order to stay on the right side of the dirt. She hoped that Haraka would have a way to help landlubbers like her survive under the waves. Whether it was a spell that helped her breathe water for the duration of the trip, a spell that gave extended lung capacity, or a spell that gave her a "bubble" of air around her head, Victoria would take any help that Haraka could offer.

[Word Count: 302]
    [Total Word Count: 825]

Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 9th March 2019, 11:16 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

Did he have a way? "Yes, a spell that lasts for awhile. Sorry..." It was hard to think when drenched with so many emotions. So many things had been forgotten, rationality becoming temporarily sparse. The only evidence of the crimes were being cradled in a box that was being latched onto by aquamarine blue talons. How does one calm down when a group of strangers might be chopping up and selling pieces of your family's bodies? They caused so much pain, but that didn't mean he hated them. They did love him in their own way, even his cousin that had been in that frosty cave. That made it hard to talk back, feeling and hearing their affections, yet know their desires for your person wasn't the best.  In their minds though? It was the best, the very best. That didn't make it right, but it helped Harakas mind excuse the language. "...I don't know if I'll be able to think clearly. My family, that part of it... it's..." Why did their bodies have to be the ones to survive? Why not the people he would want to bury the most? Why not the ones that treated him the kindest?! It was hard to bite back those dark thoughts, but the half ice dragon managed to do so. But? It hurt, that past hurt. They weren't even to the cloudy see that it was under yet and he was already crying. The world never had to play fair, so why would it start doing that now? "Do you have any... tips for calming down?" The storm of emotions didn't make the young looking man any less aware of the need for a calm mind when rushing into what could be a very dangerous situation. Without a clear head it would be harder to make the right choices. The mixed blood didn't want to make any choices that he would regret later on.

Words: 322
    Total: 1983

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 10th March 2019, 2:38 pm

"Tips for calming down?" Victoria repeated the question. Perhaps Haraka would be better served asking someone else for that kind of information, but since she was the only one around, she would have to help him the best she could. She would have to think about her response and make sure that it was the right one for him. Normally Victoria did not really think about these sorts of things because she lived in the moment. She did not experience strong emotions very often, but when she did they tended to be intense but brief.

"Hmm..." Victoria hummed noncommittally because she honestly had no idea of what to tell him. After intense stuff a bit of alcohol helped, but there were three problems with that. First, she did not know if Haraka could safely drink human alcohol. Second, she did not know his stance on alcohol. Third, she did not even know what type he liked.

Using alcohol to calm down led to its own set of problems, problems that they did not need to risk running into at such an emotionally charged time for him. Alcohol might just make him angry at the worst time, so she needed to come up with another idea in a hurry. What could possibly help him right now?

"Normally I'd go for a long walk somewhere with no destination in mind. I'd walk and keep going until I calm down." Victoria suggested to him. Walking was what helped her get focused again after experiencing strong emotions, but that might not be the most practical idea underwater. Swimming was the next best thing... maybe Haraka had a place that he went to when things got too heavy to bear, somewhere not in the city.

"Uh, do you have a place that's not in the city that you could go to? You know, like an underwater garden, a coral reef, somewhere you go to get your focus back?" Victoria asked Haraka. She was at her wit's end on how to help the mage. Maybe her talking it through with him would help Haraka think of something other than what was stressing him. He needed to be in a good mental place before they ventured into the city so that they could work together to face whatever was down there.

[Word Count: 388]
    [Total Word Count: 1,213]
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 22nd March 2019, 12:05 am

Black

Haraka Omaras

Did he have somewhere that could help him cool down? He couldn't work on claywares in this state, nor get in the zen like state required to make the glasswork native to his native culture that has been long since lost to time and under the waves. What calmed his mind? The only thing that had in a long time that required no thoughts was the endless white that hadn't existed anywhere in so long. That endless white... If only he could see even a little of it, then maybe he could calm down a little. Would any of it be left? Maybe it was a bad idea... The location was getting closer and closer "Think of the sensation of warmth with family and take slow deep breaths." It was an unexpected voice, also a strange realization. Wind could always talk with a voice because he was always powerful, even without the medium. Lightening was a spirit that had never been owned by someone of importance, him talking now meant Haraka had grown. It also meant that the other elemental spirits could have more vocalized opinions too, which helps when he's panicking at times like this. "Deep breaths and think of family, did fire ask you to suggest that?" He tried to say in a joking way, but his voice sounded less amused and more forced and fighting off panic. But... he was listening, or trying. Think of family warmth? What did that even mean? Maybe it was like... naps on grandmother? Stories with grandfather, lessons and cuddles from mother and father. "I have a smart wife." the spirit fully admitted in his normal calm voice. Deep breaths, in and out. Thank of warm feelings. Everything will be alright.

"...Everything will be alright." The dragon repeated that out loud, trying to calm down further. The area was getting increasingly cloudy and foggy, but he already knew the location. Still, it would take time to calm down. Where should he go? Just... to calm. Maybe it would be better to circle over the area once they get there? Being above the ocean was still very different than at the bottom of the ocean. The small amount of calming was enough for Omaras to get some of his thinking back. It wasn't all the rationality, but it was enough to understand what fire said a bit better, something he had used to calm himself and others in tense situations before. Those had been in ones before he had magic, but certainly long after he hadn't thought there would be family to worry about again. Maybe it will go a bit faster with some small talk? "Do you have any foods, drinks, or places that feel special to you? Is there any suggestions or questions for when we are both ready to go to the castle under the ocean?" Questions you don't normally see together, but strange situations can cause strange talk. It's not every day that one prepares to go under the deep to deal with grave robbers concerning remains so old that they could easily be handed over as museum pieces.

Words: 520
    Total: 2103

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 24th March 2019, 11:43 am

Victoria watched as Haraka tried to coll down and focus on getting ready for the underwater trip. He was doing his best to mentally prepare himself but was not quite ready to take the plunge... figuratively speaking. She would wait for as long as needed because going back to a place full of memories like the ones Haraka described to her would not be easy. Victoria had the same feelings about Capital Crocus because of its hidebound aristocracy who thought that anyone not like them was barely tolerable at best and human refuse at worst. Victoria also did not have the emotional investment in Capital Crocus that Haraka did in his home city, so it was entirely reasonable that the West Fiore Trading Company mage would be a lot more upset about going to the underwater city than Victoria was about going to Crocus.

"Special food, drink, or places?" Victoria repeated the question. That was a good one because she had given it very little thought. There was very little that she would not eat and she would drink almost anything with alcohol at least once. Haraka wanted an answer, so she would give him one.

"Yeah, I have a special drink. Slatheron vodka. And I have a special place... a friend of my father owns a bar where I learned to mix and sling drinks as a side job." Victoria answered the question in an effort to give the other mage hope. She then thought of a question to ask Haraka before they went under the sea. She got to thinking and her mind turned to the question of whether there were any automated defenses they needed to worry about dealing with or avoiding.

"Hey Haraka, does your city have any kind of special defenses like magic barriers or automated weapons or sentry bots that we need to worry about?" Victoria asked him. She did not expect a warm welcome and a red carpet rolled out for them, but some receptions were more hostile than others. The Sabertooth mage wanted to know this kind of thing before showing up and getting a lot of gunshots, stab wounds, or other unwanted attention from the locals.

[Word Count: 365]
    [Total Word Count: 1,578]
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 18th April 2019, 4:06 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

Victorias likes and places of comforts sounded very adult. It certainly wasn't surprising, but it was casual enough to help the mind calm a bit. There was still an urgency inside that was certainly raging at unhealthy levels, but a little more calm was better than still being in full panic mode. But her question for him certainly got the mans mind in the right direction. This lead to a realization, as well as a lot of calming down. Why would there only be one small bit brought along by one person? Something he didn't think about it until he thought about security. "The castles doors can only be unlocked by members of the royal family, we're all given a key. Even I have one, though it's never been used that way... The building has a self restore spell, but when its cast all the doors automatically lock. The grave robber only took one patch of skin from a giant ice dragon... My aunts corpse was outside of the building. The ice of that country is a magical ice of preservation, it preserves everything and pushes things that aren't ice outside of it. I think... a number of them became stuck in the castle, if not all of them. If that didn't happen then I see no reason why they wouldn't take the entire body. It might be good to go to the capital city first but... only if you're fine with seeing piles of bodies."
    It sounded like a good idea, but he didn't want to flash Victoria with how the capital looked the first and last time he ever went there. It was unlikely to be in any sort of good shape. What did it look like back then? Honestly he wasn't fully sure.

The pain, screams, his own blood loss and injuries, the fire... there was so much blood... Part of him didn't want to see them in that way, to possibly spot bite marks or missing pieces and know the likely cause wasn't recent. He wanted to avoid it, but there likely wouldn't be any of that at this point. It was still the closest area to the castle with buildings that was not actually the castle.

Words: 354
    Total: 2457

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 18th April 2019, 10:11 pm

Victoria was not deterred by the possibility of seeing the sight of multiple dead bodies lying around. She had seen and heard someone starve to death in winter back in the bad old days of Capital Crocus. She had also witnessed the aftermath of a gang fight involving the use of switchblades... the area looked like an abstract artist had gone overboard with the red paint and had slung it and dripped it on the paving stones. The sight of death was far from new to her, but she appreciated the warning. It was also not an easy subject for Haraka to talk about, particularly since the dead bodies were his own people.

"I'll be fine, Haraka. I've seen plenty of death in my time in the bad part of Capital Crocus. Still, thanks for giving me a warning." Victoria assured Haraka that she would be OK with the sight of death. She was more worried about how her companion would feel about the sight. He seemed to be handling it well so far, but she was not sure how he would react once he was actually back in the city and among all the remains of his people. Victoria would be there to help the West Fiore Trading Company mage every step of the way through the city and do what she could to help him get through the visit.

"Are there any other defenses that we need to worry about besides that door? Did the city have any automated defenses like guns or robots?" Victoria asked Haraka for a little more information regarding the city they were going to visit. She was probably getting a little out there with her questions, but she was not sure exactly how advanced Haraka's civilization was. It might have been one of those advanced ones where robots were designed and in use long before people on the surface even thought about them.

[Word Count: 323]
    [Total Word Count: 1,901]

Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 25th April 2019, 2:58 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

The very concept of automated weapons being near the sunken was a bit strange to even hear of. Of course he knew Victoria didn't know it didn't exist there at the time the country sunk, otherwise she wouldn't have asked. Most knew next to nothing of his country of birth, even scholars. This was why it took a second for him to speak out a response. "Guns and robots weren't actually a thing. My grandfather tried to introduce a weapon that might be called an ancient magic charged hand cannon? But a lot of his inventions were ignored by people with the funds to make it happen past his own personal one." The man wanted to say she should be weary if they see that item, but that would open a different sort of can of worms. Why? Because there was only one group that would have been able to take it on that day, if it still existed. A dark small water sphere started forming in one of his draconian hands. Victorias name had been spoken, causing the tiny sphere to spring towards the Sabertooth guild member. It stuck to her and would remain there until the spell timed out. It would be what allowed her to breathe in salt water. It was after the spell activated that the half demon dove his body into the water. The West Fiore Trading Company member begun to swim swiftly, moving with more speed and elegance than they ever had on land. The direction was mainly one way, down. None of the sea creatures seemed bothered by the presence of Omaras. They had no reason to be bothered either, he moved and was like part of an ocean.

The layers of the deep and vast ocean moved around them as the mixed blood moved further from the surface above. The further they went into the depths, the more pressure water started to build on them. It didn't take too long to come to a part of the ocean where the sun couldn't reach. In time, there would be a new sort of light either of them could have seen. Around the ocean floor there was a number of illuminated crustaceans and other types of life. Was this as deep as this area of the ocean got? The dragon knew that wasn't so. Why? It would have fallen in this area, so it was in this area. Draconian eyes looked about in the dark waters before darting to a what looked like a large crack in the ground. Something that wasn't expected? To end up flying into a space with light and air so soon after diving into the crack. It was strange to look down at his homeland from above, to look at it at all outside of aged memories. It mostly looked like and endless expansion of white. It was surprising to see nature growing, pale colored flora and fauna that was unique in variant or species to the region. The Old capital though? Its icy ground had a thin red fog over it. None of the bodies or buildings had been touched by any area with the fog. Could he just land there now? No, definitely not.
    "I'm going to land next to the capital city." So came the decent towards the ground, the flight slowing the closer they came to the ground. Haraka didn't change back to his humanoid form until all of his feet were firmly planted onto the ground. The landing spot had been next to the city, giving a good contrasting view.

On the upside, he knew what it was now. The downside? It was still probably going to be dangerous.
    "I think the group left a demon miasma on the city, it's probably in any location they attacked." The young looking man probably should have suspected that something like that might have happened. There hadn't been a reason to think about such things until this day though. Still, this was so surprising. "It's amazing that wildlife actually survived the countries fall into the ocean..." Had wildlife changed in the thousands of years the country had been isolated from people? They might never find out. The city coated in the low hanging red fog like miasma looked large for it's age, though definitely didn't have anything resembling sky scrapers. The roads in the city were tiles made of a strange pure white metal. Many of them had been crushed or cracked thousands of years ago, but some still remained in good shape. The roads were lined with tall street lamps, the ones that weren't broken somehow still making light. The homes were made of stone that had been coated in the white metal, the coating only being apparent due to how many of the buildings had well holes or numerous cracks. Most of the dead looked to be well off, dressed in silken clothes that wouldn't have looked to be so unsuited in midi. Certainly, it didn't look to be from there, but it definitely had a similar feel in the clothing and buildings. Midi had likely been an influence at some point in the lost ice countries ancient history. Some bodies looked torn up, a few others looked to be different variants of consumed.

But by what? Omaras certainly knew it wasn't the animals that clearly wanted nothing to do with the miasma, but he also knew the answer. It was something he didn't want to say the answer to,
    just as the young looking man didn't want to address why some bodies looked in a state of undress. None of the dead looked the least bit pleased, to say the least. The bodies were well preserved from the effects of the extreme cold, along with the preserving affects of the magic from the layers of ice and snow that made this lands base. Looking at the untouched destruction brought up memories in the mind. The visions briefly haunted the thoughts, eyes with an expression lost to the current time until the memories made it harder to breathe. Just like that, the mind was back. This was getting hard. What should he do, or say? Eyes looked towards his friend. What could really be said? Here are these people Haraka had never met but had seen the deaths of? No. His mind was floating with death? Probably not.
    "...I... Uh... Are you alright in this weather?"

Words: 1,071
    Total: 3,528

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 27th April 2019, 10:36 pm

Victoria listened to Haraka's answer concerning firearms and robots and was intrigued to hear that his father had attempted to introduce a magically charged hand cannon. However, the innovator's design was turned down for reasons that were unknown to the Sabertooth mage. Maybe the higher-ups of the undersea society feared that they would lose power if all the people they casually oppressed and treated like refuse got the hand cannons. Victoria's attention was diverted from that when Haraka cast a spell that enshrouded her in a bubble that allowed her to breathe water, though for how long she would enjoy that privilege she did not know. She did not get a chance to ask because Haraka soon dove beneath the sea and moved with an unnatural grace and speed.

The Sabertooth mage kept quiet and observed the sights that were under the ocean before they reached a dark area of ocean where the sun's light was unable to penetrate. The only light was provided by biolumenscent crustaceans and other bioluminescent lifeforms that patrolled the ocean floor on their rounds of doing whatever sea creatures did. Victoria noticed that Haraka's eyes looked about in the dark waters before darting to a what looked like a large crack in the ground and focusing on it. After a brief hesitation he soon dove into it and the pair found themselves in an area that looked like an endless expanse of white that stretched as far as the eye could see. She had never seen anything like this before, but she had never been this far under the ocean before either.

Victoria noticed that there were pale lifeforms that did not live on the normal ocean floor. They must have been unique to this area. She did not understand how they could live here, but here they were floating around the two mages. Oceanographers would likely give every Jewel they owned to get their hands on even one of the pale creatures for study. Victoria pushed that thought out of her mind and listened to her companion when he declared his intent to land near the capital city.

Once he had landed, Victoria was treated to the sight of a city that was obviously in decay but still possessed a certain splendor to it. However, Haraka was nowhere near as enamored by the sight as she was. Victoria turned from him and back to the city.

The city was coated in a low hanging red fog-like miasma that had enveloped it; the city looked large for its age but had no skyscrapers like comparable land-based cities. The roads in the city were tiles made of a strange pure white metal that she had never seen before. Many of them had been crushed or cracked thousands of years ago, but some still remained in good shape. The roads were lined with tall street lamps much like the ones that dotted land-based cities and the ones that were not broken somehow still produced light, something which was both amazing and eerie.

Victoria's attention was diverted from strange splendor of the city to Haraka's question about the weather and if she was okay with it. Victoria had braved the cold before when she had worked with Vinn Cobalt, Masha Dymonrel, Imai, and that strange Sara chick to stop Santa's invasion of Silent Glaciers. She had also braved the cold alongside Sassi Luminosa when they ventured into the cave to retrieve some moss on behalf of a scientist. Still, she was grateful that the West Fiore Trading Company mage was concerned about her.

"I'm OK, thanks. How about you?" Victoria asked Haraka how he was doing now that they were close to their destination. He did not seem too happy to be here. He was a brave guy simply for coming this far; she would help him go the rest of the way and would help him against the group that left behind the red miasma as well as help him get through the issues that came with returning to the city where he had experienced so many strong emotions.

[Word Count: 695]
    [Total Word Count: 2,596]

Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 8th May 2019, 10:38 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

How about him? That was a good question asked. How should the man answer? Eyes scanned over everything a bit more before they landed on Victoria herself. Now wasn't the time to avoid answering, she wasn't a family member, so she wouldn't understand if he tried to brush it off. But how does one explain everything? To start from the beginning and go from there. If he was going to do that though, then the man didn't want to look at anyone. Harakas quickly drifted to the pale sky. "This land used to sit above the water as a massive country. It's base is a special holy ice coated with miles of snow. You aren't breathing from my spell, the land..." He paused a bit, eyes looking towards the sky. He couldn't even tell there was an entire ocean above them both, it was strange how like home everything looked. It really was his home country. "I'm six thousand, eight hundred, and four years of age. I was eight and a half around six thousand, seven hundred, and ninety five and a half years ago when a group of strangers entered my home town. I was a stupid kid that had never experienced true danger before. One of the groups leaders spoke to me and I spoke back. He was insane, so it doesn't matter why he became angry at me, only that it happened. Everyone in town tried to save me, the group lost a few men, but the group looked almost untouched in comparison to their numbers. Everyone in town was eaten, alive or dead. The only things that survived the fire they set on our town were the two books I saved and... anything the group might have stolen.

If they did take anything, it was small. After that I was dragged around the country for half of a year. The people who died were those who couldn't leave due to health reasons, or didn't want to abandon a small child to a group. At every night, wind poured a little bit of his blood into me. His blood is purified death. The only way he could think to get me to survive through everything was to give me a little each night, which allowed fate to decide if I should be healed, or die, there wasn't really a middle ground. I feel like a mess right now because I had no idea the land, its flora and fauna, all of it could restore so perfectly... but the miasma left from that attack has left the remains of those from the tragedy. Then of course there's the reason we're even here in the first place. I'm not okay, everything is just..." A chaotic mess? It was his fault they were dead. He had always known somewhere deep inside that the deads bodies had been preserved, but seeing it hurt so much more. The man dropped the box he had been carrying that had he small bit of his grandmothers dragon skin inside. Omaras started crying, trying to take calming deep breaths. Something good about the snow? When something wasn't white, it was very noticeable. The mixed blood didn't notice a dark colored dot in the distance. An outsider, something that didn't fit the pale scenery moving miles away. Did the dot notice them? It would be hard to know from so far away. Of course it would be impossible to notice if you were feeling overwhelmed by a number of thoughts and emotions.

Words: 586
    My Total: 4,114

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 10th May 2019, 10:22 am

"Oh." That simple statement was all that Victoria could reasonably say to Haraka's lengthy and detailed statement about his well-being. She was especially alarmed when he told the story of a group of strangers coming in and wrecking the place just because their leader got angry. That sounded like a lot of the bored rich kids who went to the bad side of Capital Crocus in packs. Far from being hapless travelers who got lost on the way home from the bar, these guys came looking for trouble. They went to Victoria's neighborhood to alleviate their boredom by picking fights with the homeless and wrecking what little shelter the poor people had, which was not saying a whole lot.

A sense of entitlement as big as Capital Crocus and being unaccustomed to someone telling them "No" led to a lot of tragedy in the bad part of town. It was not uncommon for hapless vagrants to be found after having been beaten into unconsciousness or be found with multiple bite marks from the dogs that some rich sadists set loose on them for cheap laughs. Victoria herself had to run for her life from a pack of Dobermans a rich girl set loose on her after the latter decided that the typical insults about Victoria's old clothing and infrequent bathing were not sufficient insult for the crime of being born poor. Those were days that the brunette would rather forget. She focused on Haraka and tried to assure him that everything would be OK... or about as OK as they could get considering the circumstances.

Haraka went from being barely in control to openly crying when he had dropped a box that was of special significance to him. She did not dare touch it because she did not want to make a bad situation worse, particularly when the entire point of her being here was to support him. Instead she opted to try and talk to him. She thought that she had spotted a small dot in the distance but could not make out what it was because she was preoccupied with trying to help Haraka recover from his latest emotional spike.

"What can I do to help you?" Victoria asked him. If there was something she needed to avoid saying or doing to stay on his good side, now would be a good time for him to tell her. Maybe he did not want her going in the buildings without him with her. Maybe he wanted her to avoid touching anything inside the buildings. Considering that his hometown was a graveyard for his people, any prohibitions Haraka set in place would be entirely understandable.

[Word Count: 449]
    [Total Word Count: 3,045]
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 6th June 2019, 1:02 am

Black

Haraka Omaras

Haraka was unsure how to answer that. It had been so long since having to even think of this place. Now? There were a lot of complicated things that would normally take a long time to figure out. He didn't have any of that time. There were grave robbers in this sunken country. The mixed blood hung his head a bit. There wasn't energy in him left to give the quiet, soft, and gentle tone normally added to his voice. In place of it was his natural deep tones. It was smooth, filled with a deep tone of shame and regret. "I'm sorry for acting like a spoiled child. What matters isn't how I feel, but saving the dignity of the dead. I don't know why I can't..."
    That was around the time a blue wind started to move about his form before forming the green wind spirits harmless child like form. A frown was on the pale dead lips, a small hand moving before a bit of current smacked harshly against Omaras face in a strangely concentrated manner. "Friend of my child, did you know he was born so close to deaths doors that a disease was the only thing keeping him alive? His demon half is a demonic virus that's designed to break someones mind. My child Haraka, this part you don't know. Once the demonic virus breaks the mind of its person, it becomes the second stage. The second stage is full possession, along with having and spreading the cold death. Your disease is what held the shards of a soul together until you recently mended it." That did mean that the virus should be removed eventually. It was no longer needed to hold the pieces together, not with it being in its complete state. This was not the time for that though, Wing knew this.

"I don't want you to insult yourself over things that even the healthy would have troubles with. You cannot argue on the state of your health. If you hadn't been born such a way, you wouldn't have had the quality required to be my partner. Only those who have lived near death for years can resist the whispers of the dead. The group that attacked were those who felt unsatisfied and stepped on. They sacrificed their hearts to gain power, becoming worse than the laws they hated. I hated how ready you were to accept death. What do you think happens when death uses its blood to save someone? When my blood pours into you until your body is at its limit. It saved you, and one day I hope that your life and heartbeat will be the only consequences, but for now it's not. If you reach into your chest, you will find a power. I hope this conversation and that power helps you focus. I know this is hard, that's why you have to focus on why you came here and move forward. I'm sorry, both of you, but if  linger too long off this path, you'll both end up lost." With a bit of movement of the wing, the figure ended up vanishing. For some reason it was easier to take everything in after hearing and seeing wind so distraught.
    The words had stung more than the slap had. It felt more like the slight stinging on the skin had been the wind spirits blunt way to get the half dragons attention. That sting was what had been the needed thing to push him out of the stagnated state. There was some shocking information coded in the bits of things he'd already known. It felt a bit like focus had returned after the slight scolding. This helped Haraka regain himself, the quiet, soft, and gentleness had returned to their voice.
    "It can be hard to remember my souls state with how strong my body is sometimes... Victoria, anyone I worried. Thank you, I feel better now." The ice blue skinned person had to force away another apology.

It was easier to point at yourself, then you didn't have to accept the full cruelty that reality had plundered ones life with. Self blame came with the fantastic illusion of having some amount of control over situations that one had no pull over. What was that wind said about a power in his chest? He was going to pester wind about hiding important information later, a lot. Should he try to find out if the weird chest comments meant anything? Well...
    "Wind, I'm going to harangue you so much later that you'll think I'm small again." He wasn't going to say young, or a kid. That would be the type of language that would get the mixed blood laughed at and he knew as much. Certain types of beings had a very different view of time than the normal people of flesh in this world and there was no real way he knew of to change their minds. This time he looked at Victoria ans gave a brief worn down smile. "Lets head towards the location of the castle. Assume anyone you see down here that isn't an animal or us is breaking the law. Despite being angry, I would like to try to knock out or restrain these criminals. Now that I'm more focused, I am going to try to not let my hurt and outrage get in the way of doing what's right. I can't guarantee if I'll succeed, but that's not really avoidable in this situation. Even if its not family I would want to confront if they were alive, its still my family..."
    The doctor wasn't going to pretend that they were running off to preserve bodies of people who treated him in the best of ways. Their version of family, at best, was typically being okay with him not being dead so long as the 'dirty child' kept away. To them, allowing him to live without question was love in itself. At worst, there were people like his great aunt who had actively did their best to keep his existence from soiling such a 'clean' bloodline. None of that mattered right now though. "Anyway, it feels pretty safe to assume none of them went to the town nearest to the castle. I don't think we could even enter without getting sick. If we keep heading north, we'll eventually pass the city. After some miles we'll run into the castles grounds. I don't think the castle will have the miasma issue, otherwise I'm not sure how they would be able to chop dead bodies up in the firs place without becoming ones themselves. Does that sound like an okay plan? Do you have any suggestions on how to go after the grave robbers?"

Haraka Omaras had never chased after grave robbers in his entire life. The idea of hunting them anywhere was something new. This entire situation felt strange. That was better than the panic attacks and deep confusion that the mixed blood had struggled with moments before.

Words: 1172
    Total: 5286

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 24th June 2019, 4:44 pm

Victoria had spaced out somewhere down the road and that would make her look bad. Haraka had apologized for the lengthy conversation and apologized for seeming like he was haranguing her. The brunette was not upset at all... rather, she owed him an apology for spacing out like she had. Victoria decided to let the matter drop and instead went over everything he had said to her about his reservations in coming here and how he wanted to deal with the grave robbers.

Haraka had explicitly stated that he wanted them taken alive, so she would have to employ non-lethal measures for this job. Fortunately she had Taser Spark, a Grenade Launcher that could fire tear gas and bean bag rounds, and a Tranquilizer Rifle that she could use with little fear of accidentally killing their quarry. Since they were in an underwater city that had once been home to Haraka's people and was now effectively a cemetery, Victoria would refrain from using the heavier weapons unless Haraka gave her permission to shoot to kill.

"OK, Haraka. I'll try to take them alive if I can. If we need to get more violent, just tell me." Victoria assured her host and companion that she was not going to turn the place into a shooting gallery unless it became absolutely necessary to use lethal force. She then recalled him telling her the path that they would be taking to their destination. When asked if she had any ideas on what to do and how to go after the grave robbers, the brunette turned to him and spoke.

"I don't have any idea where we're going, so I'll follow your lead, Haraka." Victoria gave her answer on the first part of the question. This was her very first time ever going into an underwater city, so she had no idea what to do or where to go. Victoria would follow the West Fiore Trading Company mage's lead on this adventure because he used to live here... a long time ago, but the point remained that he had once lived here and thus knew his way around here a lot better than she did.

"If you're willing to try and take the grave robbers alive, Haraka, I will too. Just be careful. They don't want any witnesses and might try to kill us." Victoria warned Haraka of the risk but otherwise consented to his idea to capture the grave robbers alive so that they would face justice of the legal sort and not the extralegal variety. She would do everything she could to follow his plan but warned him that they might have to use deadly force in the course of this exploration. Victoria grew up in rough circumstances and was perhaps a bit more comfortable with lethal force than a Legal mage should be.

"I'm ready to go when you are, Haraka. I'll follow your lead. You tell me where to go and what to do." Victoria assured the West Fiore Trading Company mage that she would defer to him and follow him.

[Word Count: 522]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 3,567]
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 15th July 2019, 1:14 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

The doctor nodded, giving a slightly bitter smile. He always thought of the worst, but typically tried to speak best case scenarios. The mixed blood knew that life had made him paranoid, but this was different. Now they had to deal with a worse case scenario, or risk everything going wrong. "I'm pretty sure it's actually a step worse than that. If my concerns are correct, then they will likely try to kill themselves if they can't kill us." But the mixed blood didn't say it out loud, the fears and thoughts inside. It was unlikely that this was a case of paranoia, none but him and that group would have known how to find this country. All things considering, everything going on felt like the two were walking into a big trap. The pale ice blue skinned person had knots of fear dredging within himself, haunting the mind with possible scenarios. It was hard to focus, but doing so on the task at hand was all that the young looking man could do to keep calm enough to function. The reasoning behind thinking the grave robbers might try to kill themselves if they think they're going to loose? It was better to die than to end up making that group upset, or feel wronged. That groups reaction was the very thing that had caused Omaras to keep running for so long. What else was one supposed to do when lacking magic and power? Even with magic, if the half demon hadn't been so exhausted from fleeing for such a lengthy time? He more than likely would have kept going. The mixed blood would have never tried to join a guild in the first place. But of course, that's not what happened.  

Instead the man had used a crate of wine to buy passage to the other side of the world on a merchant ship. This had been the journey that had lead him ask to join the guild while half out of their mind from exhaustion. It was strange how straining running away could be, yet how freeing facing things could be. It was hard, so very hard, yet he felt a bit more rested each day. It was a phenomenon that the West Fiore Trading Company member wouldn't pretend to understand. What else should he really say?
    "Dead men can't talk and those grave robbers have a lot of questions to answer." With that said he started running towards the direction that the castle would be in. While it eventually started coming into view, a person with a gun in dark clothes was visible far before then. It seemed like a lone person, but with how white the landscape was? As it would take was the right clothing to blend right in and vanish, like all the flora and fauna in the area.

Words: 475
    Total: 5,761

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 16th July 2019, 12:01 am

"So they'll kill themselves if they can't kill us?" Victoria asked aloud as she followed Haraka further down the path at a brisk walk. The concept of grave robbers killing themselves to avoid capture was a new one to the brunette. She had never dealt with grave robbers before today, but she had assumed that bandits of that kind prioritized their survival above all else because dead men could not cash in on centuries-old finds. The fact that they were willing to commit suicide must have meant that there were severe punishments for grave robbers, punishments that were harsher than any on the surface.

Before she could get an answer Haraka broke into a full run towards the castle, leaving Victoria in the dust. The Sabertooth mage recalled what he had said about taking them alive and mentally cycled through her arsenal to come up with the best weapon to use for this situation. She could choose from a Grenade Launcher with tear gas and bean bag rounds, a Taser Spark spell, and a Tranquilizer Rifle. Each item had their own strengths and weaknesses.

The Grenade Launcher offered the versatility to target either individuals with bean bag rounds or to suppress crowds with tear gas grenades. There was no wind down here, so she did not have to worry about it blowing back in their faces. However, it could still drift back towards them and be pushed towards them if any of the enemies were Wind mages.

The Taser Spark spell was good for fighting individuals and could fire quickly. It also did not need a weapon to be used. However, it affected only one target at a time and could not be used for crowd control. She was also worried about hurting herself since water and electricity did not mix.

The Tranquilizer Rifle offered range and power, allowing her to non-lethally incapacitate enemies from afar. However, it was good only at range because sniper rifles made poor close-quarters weapons due to the length of the barrel. They were also a bit slow to fire unless they were semi-automatic, which Victoria's Tranquilize Rifle was.

The brunette had not yet made a choice about what weapon to employ because she was still trying to catch up to Haraka. He could move really fast for a guy who was so distressed... maybe the adrenaline being produced by his distress made him run faster than she could. Maybe he was simply taller and the length of his legs helped... anyway, she had to catch up to him before he went too far by himself.

Victoria skidded to a stop when she saw a gun-wielding man in dark clothing barring the way up ahead. Why was he not hiding? It was liked he wanted to be seen or something.

Victoria resumed running and after a lot of effort caught up with Haraka a medium distance away from the man. Something was not right and she needed to warn him. This felt like an ambush in the making. But where were the other people? That man in dark clothing did not come down here alone and if anyone tried to tell her otherwise, she had beachfront property in the Cursed Lands to sell them.

The brunette looked around and focused on her surroundings. She made out eight faint distortions against the white background nearby and her stomach turned a flip when she put two and two together. The enemies were using a special type of optical camouflage to hide out in the open!

"Haraka! We've got cloaked enemies around us!" Victoria warned the West Fiore Trading Company mage of the lurking threat. Now that they knew the jig was up they should break camouflage soon. If they could attack and maintain the camouflage maybe Haraka had a spell that could make them stand out.

[Word Count: 650]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 4,217]
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 21st July 2019, 5:15 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

Cloaked enemies? Her words were enough to get the half draconian to stop dead in his tracks. He should have seen that coming. The man had known it was a possibility, but it was another thing for it to actually happen. The fact that Victoria figured that out not long after they spotted the dark dressed grave robber was a good sign that he needed to stop hiding details. These may have been more than likely just grave robbers, but there was nothing normal about the group that hired them. How deeply had they sunk into a trap? Where were they? This might have been more easily avoided if they were both fully informed. Had he put them both more in danger by worrying about the possibility of them targeting Victoria in the future for becoming awake of their presence in the darkness? The west fiore trading company member needed to figure out a way to make the hidden visible. "Then lets flush them out into the open!" The mage had no spell for weeding those in the snow out to the naked eye. Maybe they could be forced in the line of sight with some use of wind magic and a mix of highly staining fruit flesh? There was only one way to find out if that plan would work and it wasn't by standing around like a fool. This wasn't the time to worry about looking like a fool, which is why he didn't hesitate to create many small berries and very juicy fruit.

They were quickly tossed in all directions by a blue wind that carried terrifying voices inside it. There was nothing that made the fruit magical outside of the fact that they were newly created, nor did the winds force hold any bite. There was also nothing magical that prevented those hiding in plain sight that would have stopped the flying fruits juices from staining the fabric. Making enemies easier to see didn't make the situation any more comforting. It seemed they went right on to attacking with spells as soon as they could be seen. Most of the weapons looked less built for fighting and more for cutting and skinning bodies, it was a bit of an uncomfortable sight for Harakas eyes. There was a number of brief thoughts of what they may have been used on previously that gave a curdling uncomfortable sensation in his stomach. The pale ice blue skinned person was stabbed in the back before he even had the chance to fully create an attack spell. The painful sensation was a reminder that it hadn't struck the spine, otherwise he likely wouldn't feel anything at all. An issue arises when hes attacked by someone else as soon as he moved to face the one who had struck the young looking mans back. Were they taking advantage of how bad he was with large groups? Turning to face anyone was starting to just be a welcoming for more pain, which wasn't something the man was fond on.

Feeling a bit desperate to get things under control, Omaras unleashed a chill from within, adding more snow and ice on top of the already chilled area. He was using solstice slumber to slow down the enemies and hopefully give himself enough time to actually strike back. The current issue was forcing the enemies to slow down didn't change that most of them had decided to attack him specifically and it was a lot of people. The young looking male really hadn't expected the weakness to be exploited so quickly and thoroughly.

Words: 598
    Total: 6,359

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 22nd July 2019, 10:05 pm

Victoria brought out her Grenade Launcher as Haraka cast a spell that did not directly attack enemies but rather made them easier to see, which worked just as well for her and showed the ability to think on his feet. The enemies were spoiling for a fight and confident in their chances to kill the two mages. Unfortunately for them, the Sabertooth mage was not going to lay down and die without putting up a fight. She showed one of them the hard way when he rushed at her with knife at the ready. He expected her to give ground when he charged, but she stayed where she was and fired a Bean Bag Round that hit him squarely in the stomach when he was halfway to her, making him fling the weapon at her feet and double over in pain.

Victoria took advantage of the opening she had created and hit the enemy in the face with the stock of her Grenade Launcher, then hit him in the face again for the knockout. With that enemy down she turned her attention to a group that was hammering Haraka without mercy. Her companion had already taken a stab to the back and the foes surrounding him were ready to dish out more pain to the hapless mage, who was releasing a cloud of cold and snow in an effort to buy himself some breathing room to take the offensive. The Sabertooth mage would do her best to give him some breathing room by drawing away a few of the enemies currently surrounding him.

Victoria aimed her Grenade Launcher and fired a Bean Bag round at the head of one of the men, hitting him in the side of his head and drawing the attention of him and two others wielding knives. Three was not the number she was hoping to draw away from her companion, but it was all she was getting, so she would just have to deal with them and hope that Haraka could deal with the rest.

"Get her!" One of the men ordered. The man she had hit and two accomplices peeled off from the main group to go after Victoria. Victoria stood her ground and readied another Bean Bag round, remembering Haraka's directive to take the men alive. She aimed and fired at the man she had already hit, hitting him in the face and knocking him out when he fell flat on his back. The other two men kept charging and managed to close the distance with Victoria before she could fire again.

One of them punched her in the face and the other snatched away her weapon, which she promptly dispelled to keep from being used against her or Haraka. The surprised man who held the launcher was stunned long enough for her to punch him in the face and knock him on his back. The other man grabbed her by the shoulders from behind and threw her to the ground... it was her turn to land on her back. He then advanced on her with knife in hand but was met with a Taser Spark that connected with his chest and caused him to scream while twitching violently.

Victoria scrambled to her feet and followed up with two punches to the stomach and one to the face, the final punch being the knockout blow on him. The third man had gotten up and now faced her with weapon in hand, but she was ready. He rushed at her and she stood her ground until he got close enough to slash her, upon which she fired another Taser Spark that had the same effect on him as it did on his colleague. He paused in place, then fell face-first to the ground and twitched helplessly until a swift kick to the face knocked him out. Mindful of Haraka's warning that they would kill themselves to avoid capture, Victoria hurriedly collected the weapons of the four mean she had just defeated and threw them far away from the fighting.

Once that was done Victoria had to find a way to help Haraka. She could heal him, but she did not want one of the grave-robbers to catch the healing spell in mid-flight, so that would have to wait. She would have to help him get rid of the men surrounding him first.

"Hang on, Haraka!" Victoria called out to him as she tried to decide what weapon to employ next. Perhaps her Tranquilizer Rifle would be a good fit for the situation. She could use it to pick off the men one-by-one, but they might grab Haraka and use him as a shield from the darts. This was an interesting conundrum and one that she would have to solve quickly.

[Word Count: 803]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 5,020]
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 27th July 2019, 11:52 am

Black

Haraka Omaras

It was good to have friends to rely on in a world so unrelenting and cruel. It felt like it look minutes, but he knew it was more than likely far less time than that. Fights moved quickly, but felt longer when surrounded and assaulted relentlessly. This was a very unwelcome turn of of events. It was even worse knowing just how easily he could have avoided stepping from a bad situation into something worse. Realizing things wouldn't have ended up quite as chaotic and painful if he had told his friend about the group before running head first into a trap. The sound of two weak rhythms sounded louder and louder to the west fiore trading company guild member during that time. His wings had begun to curl a bit around him as a last ditch defense strategy, one of his hands reaching down to his heart in hopes of calming down the pounding. Nothing good comes from panic! But he couldn't help but to feel panic until it felt like a breath arrived. The disruption that Victorias assault to some of the attackers brought was the fresh air he needed. The think hided wings quickly tucked back behind him. The tips of his fingers felt strangely warm, like they were reaching towards a calming force. The need for something calm was strong, because he knew how damning panic could even be in better situations than this. It didn't take long for fingers to touch something that felt solid. It was when a lantern was pulled out of Harakas chest that Omaras realized exactly what had happened. The lantern helped him remain calm though. The rhythm it beat into his fingers and ears was the only other hint that was needed to say exactly what he was holding.

It was the heart that was born from winds blood, the consequences of his life being saved by death for an entire half a year. A normal heart wont pop out of the chest, or be pulled out, nor bring a calm when you hold it. With holding the vital organ came not just a calm, but a strange knowing of the basics on how to use it. Fine tuning this newly accessible magic wasn't a priority at this moment though, survival was. The first thing he needed to do before all else was to gain space between himself and the attackers. It would be easier to deal with things if he could gain some space between himself and them. If the remaining ones were hit a bit, it would buy him enough time to be able to run. Everything would work out better that way. All it took was willing it for the lantern to become a weapon. The pearl coated lantern transformed into an eku that looked to be carved from a luminous aquamarine blue with an ocean design on it. It was something he had never used before, so for now he let the tide of his heart guide the bodies movements. The six attackers who hadn't followed Victoria were starting to get a bit less distracted, though plainly there was still some conflict of interest. Of course there would be, one of them was the target, the other had already taken down at least four men. There was something satisfying about smashing a long and non lethal weapon against the flesh of those who had crowded him before. Someones face, another ones foot, a persons side, then using the item to help block an attack before ducking than sprinting.

It was the first time that Omaras had managed to get out of a violent crowd so smoothly. Some of his confidence had started to return, that was until a few of them pulled out guns. This was a good reminder that even the first person that stood out in the group had held a gun. He was starting to feel a bit like someone who had brought a short range weapon to a long range fight and that was a very unpleasantly cold sensation. What should he do? Remain calm, everything would be alright. His second heart said that, but there was still fear biting inside.
    "If neither of us dies I promise to tell you about the organization! I thought you'd be in more danger if you knew but I now realize that was VERY stupid!"

Words: 730
    Total: 7,089

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 30th July 2019, 9:55 pm

Victoria took a brief break from her fight against the poachers to watch Haraka concentrate and somehow pull a lantern out of his chest before suddenly shifting into a more aggressive attitude. Haraka became the epicenter of a flurry of activity that saw three of the men knocked to the ground and Haraka break away from them before the remaining opponents could respond. That gave Victoria the opening she needed to give the enemies an incentive to not chase them... for a good few seconds, at least.

Victoria put her right hand behind her back and created a Flashbang, then threw it in an arc and watched it clatter right in the middle of the cluster. Moments later it went off with a flash that drew a chorus of wailing and screaming. The men were covering their eyes, which gave Haraka a few more seconds to get to safety and gave Victoria a few more seconds to decide what less-than-lethal weapon or spell to employ next. If she knew that they did not have any Wind mages among them she would have already fired a Tear Gas grenade to slow them down even further.

Haraka had mentioned something about an organization and that he had not said anything before because he believed that Victoria possessing knowledge of it would put her in danger. He also promised that if they got out of this hazardous mission alive that he would tell her about the organization. Victoria was not concerned about the organization right now... she just wanted to get Haraka through this alive.

"It's OK, Haraka. But let's get through this first before we discuss the organization you're talking about, all right?" Victoria calmly requested of Haraka. She saw that the six men were beginning to get over the effects of her Flashbang and that they were pretty mad about what had just happened. They were looking for revenge, so it would be prudent of the two mages to put some distance between them and the gun-wielding enemies... or go on the offensive and knock them out so that Haraka could ask questions about their poaching activities.

"Um, Haraka... they're coming after us and they're looking pretty pissed." Victoria said as the six men fully recovered and began to run towards them. Maybe Haraka had a plan to get them out of this mess. She was sure that he had a few spells that he was saving for just the right occasion... judging from the angry men, she was also sure that the pair of mages would need them.

[Word Count: 436]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 5,456]
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 12th August 2019, 11:20 am

Black

Haraka Omaras

That's right, they both needed to survive first. Nothing could be explained nor apologized for if they were both dead. What should be done when it comes to a group of six men armed with guns? They cannot run when there might be more in store the further they go to their goal. These people certainly had full intention to put holes into both of them. These were grave robbers who had accepted a too good to be true task, now faced with either winning against the unexpected, or facing a certain organizations wrath. The downside likely wouldn't have even been considered until now. Why would it have been? Even if the castle causes them trouble, it is old and still of all life. It's only protected by spells cast and branded upon the place long ago. Who would find such an old and well hidden country in such a remote and hard to find location? The only sure way to find it is if someone already knew how to get to this place. Who would? Only survivors remembered where it was and none of those that survived for long had been scholars. The nobility had been the only ones allowed such a title in that country, as well as that type of learning. Those very people were not quite as adapt at surviving after leaving everything behind, nor at the humble pie they were faced with having to take once everything had sunk. Many had panicked once they realized the country really sunk, a regret of not helping. That wasn't due to pride in country or to save lives though, but the loss of wealth. No, the ones with the best survival skills spent most of their time living, only writing books to put information that they wanted to pass down.

A culture that eventually stopped being written about in a factual way, eventually being written off as if it were an ancient myth that people used to feel strongly about. Why would the grave robbers expect any people to pop up in such a location? The answer was simple, they didn't. Any readiness they displayed was because that group had expected Haraka to come, they had set everything up as a trap. The organization certainly had stalked him enough to know the half ice dragon still existed. There was only one thing he could do, even if it was for a brief time. It was listening to one of the things he distrusted the most, the very heart in his hands. The mixed blood should trust himself by now, but that currently wasn't in him to do all the time. The answer came in a term that urged itself to be spoken, spilling from his lips in a whispered low tone.
    "Into Acheron." It was words that came into his heart, ones that said enemies wouldn't move with this spell, they would be held down by the whispers. From the eku, the current form his heart held came a darkness that whispered with many voices. It moved around the white plants that blended so well moments ago, scaring the small animals away as it spread across the white. It was almost as if he was a ferryman of the underworld summoning a piece of the river, calling the unresting souls to latch onto the wicked. This was of course not what was happening. It was merely a spell that gave a little damage to all his enemies, as well as keep them in place for a short time.

He could panic about seeing dead souls later, and pulling out his own heart, or it having spells, there would be so much to freak out about later. At the moment he couldn't, there were things that had to get done and enemies they needed to avoid dying to. The whispers would only hold these people still for a brief time, he could feel it. It was amazing to see the spell happen, but of course there was also no time to stare.
    "It wont hold them still for long, sorry." He knew how important it was to try to stay calm and focused during times like this, it was just hard to. There was a brief pause as the eku finished pouring the darkness out, the object turning dimly bright once again. A long breath was taken to soothe the wrecked nerves down before he started making a lot of rope. Why a lot before even getting to them? It helped him feel an amount of security knowing there was something extra. This rope was dropped as soon as he got to the first person. First task? grab and find every weapon on them as fast as he could. This was easy enough, as it seemed like only the gun was the only item on the person not meant for grave robbing. The bits of meat and fur stashed away by the person told him that they had probably been out to catch rabbits to eat, that they had been surviving on the local wildlife while here. This process had taken longer than Haraka had expected before it got to tying the person up. The West Fiore Trading Company member made a new rope, lengthening it as he long as needed.

It was used to restrain hands, arms, feet, legs, then restrain those together in a way that anchored their location near the stomach area of the persons body. Having now learned a lesson in what to do first, the pale ice blue skinned person moved right to the next person he could reach. With that person? He just removed the gun than moved right into making rope and tying them up. That saved a lot more time, allowing him to take and toss one more persons gun and to tie that person up as well. He didn't get to all of them, but he wasn't there by himself. Also, getting some people restrained was better than having none of them restrained.

Words: 1,003
    Total: 8,092

Victoria Sheridan
    Victoria Sheridan

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Victoria Sheridan 13th August 2019, 2:04 pm

Seeing Haraka make a stand against the poachers inspired Victoria to return to the fray with a shift in momentum that allowed her to make an abrupt U-turn. She used the speed generated to hurry back to Haraka's side and subdue a few of the men attempting to get free and kill Haraka before he could incapacitate them all. Victoria grabbed the hands of one man, but he quickly got his hands free and slugged her across the face with a solid right cross that staggered her. The man laughed at the ease with which he had staggered the lightweight mage.

"OK asshole. If you wanna play rough, I can play rough too." Victoria replied to the laughing enemy while her left hand clutched her injured face. Her dwindling patience with these goons was now officially gone. It was time to let her fists do the talking, which was what she did best anyway. Victoria strode over to him with the intent to teach him a lesson that he would not soon forget... when he woke up, anyway. She did not expect him to remember anything after she landed a few punches.

Victoria stepped into the punch and blocked it with her left forearm, then hit back with her right hand. Her punch to the face made him fall back and almost out of Haraka's spell that kept him in place. Once he recovered enough to stand upright he looked startled that someone so lightweight could hit so hard. Victoria tended to surprise people that underestimated her based on looks alone... her magic played a big part in letting her punch way above her weight class.

Before he could fully recover she swung again and hit him in the face again, sending him swaying backwards like a punching bag at the gym before he popped up again ready for another fist to the face. Victoria obliged and hit him again, repeating the process of falling back and popping up for a third time. The third time was a charm because this time he was unconscious and no longer a threat to her or Haraka. Unfortunately for her another threat soon popped up when a man close to Haraka drew a knife from his boot and was prepared to use it.

Victoria jumped in front of him and hammered the offender with a left-right combination from her fists, making him drop the knife before he could use it on her companion. A third hit to the face and he was out like a light. Victoria stepped back and kept a close watch on the others in case another one wanted to challenge her or Haraka to a fight.

[Word Count: 451]
    [Victoria's Word Count: 5,907]
    Haraka Omaras
    Haraka Omaras

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Haraka Omaras 23rd August 2019, 6:10 pm

Black

Haraka Omaras

Deep dark sapphire blue eyes looked around a bit, making sure everything it was as it seemed. An elongated breath was released Once it was confirmed that all was well. The fighting was finally over, at least for now. He didn't know if all the grave robbers were here, at least one had left with a piece of skin to use in order to seek backup. That backup was clearly prevented as that person no longer had proof, but it didn't change that there was at least some evidence aiming towards a complication. It might take he and Victoria a long time to go through the castle, and each minute spent away was a risk of others waking up. This was why the mixed blood felt they couldn't go until every enemy was thoroughly tied with all their tools and weapons removed. His long and abandoned rope moved with a green wind before a word could even be spoken. The passed out figures yet to be tired up were soon all bound together with the one rope. All objects not yet removed had blown out of the peoples pockets, all falling in a spot a nice distance from the group. The Omaras knew exactly who to blame for that, but there was no reason to fuss or get upset. It was pretty obvious to the young looking man that the spirit wanted to leave just as much as he did. Wind had never been that fond of his blood relations, to say the least. In any case it looked like they could forget about the grave robbers on the snow for now and leave towards their original destination. Eyes briefly rested on a certain brunet. Maybe Haraka could change into their female side to gather extra courage? No, that wasn't how it worked. He couldn't change into that side while in this state.

Just try to stay talk.
    "Thank you again for helping." He looked back at the surroundings, trying to avoid eyes looking to the near by area filled by by demon miasma. It was harder tjhan first imagined. One of his arms raised up, pointing a finger in the direction ahead that he knew their goal was at... somewhere. "Ah... the castle's this way, it'll pop up after we pass the city." His arm begun to tremble briefly before putting it down, not wanting the frazzled nerves and heart to not be too obvious. Calm people didn't shake. "...Sorry that I don't know more than that." Since he had never been there. It was something already said, but it was something slightly important. He had no idea if it was a few feet or a few meters or miles away from the city. These were all pretty different lengths, but they could be more so and still be true. He only knew that this city was the one location closest to the castle, the old capital of this long forgotten country. Both locations the man had never gone to before. This was... "My home town was just a small place of a few buildings without roads just a few miles from the entrance to the black mountains. . ." Maybe if he hadn't rushed into things and researched old maps he might have had an idea of where to go. This was something he would need to brush up on and fix after this entire situation was over.

Words: 568
    My Total: 8,660

Current date/time is 12th May 2024, 4:43 am