Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Rising to the Occasion

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 11,070,431

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Skill: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Skill: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Rising to the Occasion Empty Rising to the Occasion

Post by Mythal Ragnos 7th December 2018, 7:52 pm

Spoiler:

I've been out there and seen the things she's made

“Don’t you think you’re overreacting just a little bit?”

"No, I’m acting at the exact level I need to be,”

Mythal had opted to return to Era with Major Branwen and his troops, a dark, angry shadow paired with a bustling and professional troupe. It had been both for a professional reason and a personal reason. Obviously, Branwen was still in danger so long as he wasn’t back at the command center of the Rune Knights and needed someone that could literally smell out enemies. That’s how the God Slayer had found out and taken down the would-be assassin in River Village. When questioned, the dark wizard had claimed that he wasn’t the last one that would make an attempt on the major’s life. So the job had continued.

But personally, Mythal had a bone to pick with the Magic Council. He hadn’t believed it until Branwen had taken out his personal iLac and shown him the article posting in the digital edition of Sorcerer’s Magazine. There was his face, a picture snapped while he hadn’t been paying attention in who knows where. And the headline: ”New Fairy Tail Wizard named to the Rising Star list! Meet the newest Rising Star, Mythal Ragnos”. What had followed was a brief essay on the jobs he had taken part in, specifically ones where he had gone out of his way to help people. There were quotes from actual people he had helped, offering kind words and blessings for his arrival and help. While many people would have swelled to the brim with pride, all Mythal felt was anger. This was exactly what he was trying to avoid. He didn’t want attention from anyone and he especially didn’t want his name and guild painted across headlines for all to see. He had been trying to keep a low profile and had taken certain jobs in hopes that he could earn a bit of jewel and even some odds.

Now he was a damn Rising Star; a wizard to watch and keep an eye on. This was worse than the worst. "I didn’t ask for this and I don’t want it. I’ll just ask those aging idiots to remove my name from their stupid list and to never consider me for it again.”

“Mythal, being named a Rising Star is an honor not many get to receive. Some of the most notable wizards in all of Earthland get added to it; many of them present and former Wizard Saints,” Branwen explained evenly, more amused at the man’s anger than anything else.

"Good for them; let them take all the glory. I don’t need any part of it,” The God Slayer snapped.

There was a long pause as they made their final approach to the Rune Knights command center; the Magic Council building looming over them on the hill above. The major sighed. “I understand your feelings…”

"No one understands—“

“Mythal, you forget that I was part of the operation that saved you too!” Branwen cut his defiance down instantly, his voice snapping with authority. It was enough to even stop Mythal’s vocal rebellion from continuing. Once he was sure Mythal’s steam had been appropriately, if temporarily, halted, the major continued. “Our command researched and gained intel on the Sons for a long time before we even considered making a move. I’ve seen firsthand the horrors and terror they spread and what Faera’s indoctrination can do. They terrified me for a long time, even to this day. I know why you don’t want to be found out. You think I didn’t put two and two together when I heard you were still alive? You think you’re the first person to fake their death and hide so they can’t find you?” It was a verbal lashing that only someone close, like family, could get away with without their being backlash. The last time someone had yelled at Mythal like this, Serilda, he had simply continued to resist and yell back at her.

And yet Mythal remained silent, scoffing and growling out through his lips. In the end, as much as he hated it, he knew Branwen was probably the only person alive that understood. He both appreciated and hated that fact. As they passed through the gate of the compound, the distinct sound of training echoed out from the training yards to the left. Mythal glanced over and found a mock town, made up of empty and half-hearted houses and board cut outs of civilians. A loud whistle brought out from the houses a half dozen, equipped with runic staffs. A sergeant ran up to greet the party. “Welcome back, major. How was the trip?”

“Exciting,” he remarked, glancing at the pouting Mythal. His eyes hovered over to the trainees, a deep frown setting in. “So few?”

The sergeant nodded. “Dozen or so dropped out over the past few days. Chatter is they felt the training was too… boring. Claimed they could find more fun in a regular guild.”

The major scowled. “Serving the Rune Knights is not about fun; it’s about service to the Magic Council. Honestly, it’s disheartening to see such—Mythal, where are you going?”

The God Slayer ignored the inquiry, already walking over to the training yard. He easily leapt over the fence and walked up to the group of recruits, who were slowly falling at ease at the sight of the strange man.

“You’re not a Rune Knight,” one of them spoke up, apparently the boldest of the group.

"Nope. But I hear you’re bored with your trainin’. So how about we mix it up? You six try to capture me. No holds barred; use your sticks or whatever magic you got,” he told them as he walked past, heading into the heart of the town.

There was a low chuckle that rumbled out from each recruit. “You serious, man? We’re training to be Rune Knights. Who even are you?”

Mythal get out a sound that was a mixture between a sigh and a growl. But after a moment of consideration, he cocked his head over his shoulder. "Mythal Ragnos. Newest Rising Star,” he stated, absolutely no pride in the statement whatsoever. It was simply a fact.

The tension in the air became palpable as each of the recruits shared a look, more disbelief than anything else. This scruffy, lazy looking guy was the one the Magic Council had recognized? It sounded like he was just pulling their legs – and that’s exactly how they chose to take it. “Alright then,” the first guy said once more, clearly taking the leader role of this mangy group. “You’re on.”

"I expect extra jewel for this, Branwen,” Mythal called out as he finally came to a stop, turning back to face the six recruits.

The major was leaning against the fence, barely suppressing a smirk. “Sure but you have to beat them first. In fact, I’ll put forth one thousand jewel to whoever can even lay a hand on him,”[/color] he put in a wager.

“Score! One thousand jewel! Thanks, major!” Were the rumblings from the group. And then they were off, each one charging in a straight line at him. As they got closer, they converged in the shape of a C, attempting to close in around him.

But Mythal was quicker; as the first staff was swiped at him, the recruits apparently not taking him seriously, he knocked it away and into the face of another recruit. His elbow slammed into the man’s temple, knocking him flat onto the ground. Another swipe from a runic staff, emboldened with lightning magic, was easily ducked under and countered with a series of palm strikes across the chest.

Three recruits down and the other three paused, blinking at one another and three squirming soldiers already on the ground. As they turned their attention back to Mythal, they just barely caught sight of him disappearing into the ground. “Where is…?” One of the recruits started before a hard chop came down on her neck, freezing her body up before she dropped flat onto the ground. The other two jumped back and thrust their staffs forward, unleashing a plume of fire and black smoke together. But a loud incantation of "Fallen God’s Chaos Blast,” tore through the spells and slammed into the recruits, knocking them backwards and onto their asses.

Six recruits lay on the ground, groaning and twitching. Mythal stood between them all, looking around before letting out a small sigh. "Sorry Branwen, I think I beat the last of your recruits. Looks like you don’t have any new guys,”

“Are you kidding?!” The leader of the recruits said, pushing himself up on his knees. “That was awesome! That was much more fun than shooting spells at wooden cut outs. Ow, my ribs,” he groaned, holding his sides.

“Alright you lot, get to the infirmary and get healed. Then get back out here – we’ll see if you can handle the sergeant at his best,” the major roared. His voice was enough to get the men and women to their feet, if a bit haphazardly. They were muttering as they went, whispers of excitement over fighting a Rising Star.

As they limped off, Mythal walked up to the fence and tapped himself on the chest once before holding out his hand. "There; you owe me a dime,” he said, referencing the wager.

Branwen chuckled as he reached into his pouch. “You know for a moment there, I actually thought you had a smidgen of pride for your new earned title.”

"Shuddup, it’s still a pain in my ass. I just wanted to get some of my agitation out,” Mythal said, scoffing and looking away. Branwen – just as much of a punk as he was when he was a kid.

As the jewel was dropped into his hand, Mythal took a moment to look back at the training field. Why had he decided to get involved in the training in the first place? He said it was to blow off some steam but was that the absolute truth? He honestly couldn’t answer it himself and that bothered him more than perhaps anything else at the moment. The Rising Star title was a pain… but frankly, fighting against it would be fighting against a current. By now, the article had been read by a majority of Fiore and simply asking them to take it down would just mean another article printed of a redaction. His name was out there now and no matter what he did, it would be.

So screw it. If this woke the Sons after all these years and inspired them to make their moves, let them. He’d like to see what they could come up with to hurt him.

Motor CityFairy Tail
    1795/500
    Let me tell you, they are fear.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Current date/time is 8th May 2024, 3:30 am