Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Guarding the Major

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 11,070,431

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Skill: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Skill: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Guarding the Major Empty Guarding the Major

Post by Mythal Ragnos 6th December 2018, 10:42 pm

Spoiler:

I've been out there and seen the things she's made

River Village. It was only a month or so ago that Mythal had first come here, with the intention of it being a start off point to his journey to Magnolia. Now he had returned; a full-fledged member of Fairy Tail and on the job. As he strode into the town, the sun already leaning over the edge of the horizon, he couldn’t help seeing the ghost of his former self walking by him, looking as worn and deadened as ever. And though the God Slayer’s mood hadn’t changed much, but his appearance certainly had. Hell, his entire life seemed to have flipped a one eighty on him. He had nothing to his name beyond Curse and a few painful memories when he had come here, hoisting a delivery for a ship captain. He had taken the job for the sole purpose of getting jewel and using the boat ride here as a means to get two days ahead on his journey.

But now he had a home; one gifted to him through one of his jobs but still a place he could call his own. He had… allies that he had journeyed with, embarked on jobs with and fought beside for the sake of jewel and protecting others. He’d played the part of rescuer far more times than he ever had hoped to and had earned respect for it. It was an odd sensation; like he was almost halfway respectable. Somewhere in the great big afterlife, his adoptive father was probably snickering; this was exactly the kind of man he wanted his adoptive son to become. "Laugh it up, old man,” he mumbled to the spirit realm, knowing full well he’d receive no answer back.

Apparently a group of dark mages was planning on trying to kill a Rune Knight major that was visiting the small water-logged settlement. It was out of the way and didn’t have much in terms of defensive standpoints so they must have thought it was the perfect place. Someone had caught wind of it and sent word to the Magic Council in hopes of stopping said plot. But unfortunately the Rune Knights were only a shadow of their former glorious selves and couldn’t spare the numbers to properly protect the man. So a job posting was handed out to the guilds across Fiore, in hopes of summoning forth a proper means of defense.

Normally, this kind of job would be beyond Mythal. It wasn’t so much that he felt he was better than the job itself but it was more that it almost completely relied on him interacting and staying close to the major – a human. Though he had certainly gotten better socially lately, he still wasn’t the biggest fan of spending copious amounts of time around any person that he hadn’t worked with at least twice. But his father had been a former Rune Knight and, upon reading the name of the major, Mythal felt compelled to take the job without complaint.

Major Branwen was one of Gren Ragnos’ oldest allies and friends. If Mythal were one to give people familiar titles, he may have even considered the man an uncle. He had been around a lot when Mythal was growing up, though he had stopped coming around after he had grown into his teenage years. After everything that had happened when he was sixteen, the God Slayer had never felt compelled to reach out and connect with him. He wasn’t sure what the Rune Knights had heard, if anything, in terms of Gren’s death. Why he was deciding to come around and talk to him after nearly twenty years? Even he didn’t really know.

The two Rune Knights guarding the door stopped him immediately, holding out their hands and requesting he provide proof of his guild. Rolling his eyes, Mythal opened up his shirt and showed them the mark on his bicep and even went as far as to show them the job post that had been put up in Fairy Tail. They spent an awfully long time looking over each part, addressing it with the skepticism that, rightfully, they should have. But that didn’t stop it from being a pain in Mythal’s butt. Only after a thorough examination that would have made physical doctors blush did they finally agree and permit him, waving him inside.

Branwen looked much older now but then again, twenty years was a long time. He had wrinkles set into his skin along his brow and outside his lips, worry and smiling lines from years of different emotions. He still had a square, powerful jaw that looked like it could break bricks just by itself. His hair was graying in the front and along the sides above his ears but otherwise was a thick, deep black hue. A crescent mustache donned his upper lip and curved down over his mouth, nearly hiding it from plain view when he frowned. His left eye was covered with a black eye patch; a reminder to the eye he had lost during some mission or other.

He was sitting on the couch across from the fireplace, a book in one hand and a drink in the other. As Mythal entered the room, he turned his gaze up and met the man’s gaze evenly. “When I was told who had accepted the job, you can imagine how surprised I was. Though we never found your body, everyone suspected you had perished in the fire that burned Gren’s home to the ground,” he spoke slowly and carefully, closing the book with a clap and putting it to the side. “But I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised, should I? You were a survivor – right from the beginning.” He spoke in a smooth, rumbling bass that commanded respect without demanding it.

“It’s good to see you.”

River VillageFairy Tail
    972/1500
    Let me tell you, they are fear.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Mythal Ragnos
    Mythal Ragnos

Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to Darkness
    Position : God of Sedulity
    Faction : The Rune Knights
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 50
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Nessa Cordelia Lux (Former)
    Experience : 11,070,431

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Kami No Ken Sutairu O Taosu
    Second Skill: Kingdom Darkness Embodiment
    Third Skill: Soul Stone/Trickster's Illusions

Guarding the Major Empty Re: Guarding the Major

Post by Mythal Ragnos 7th December 2018, 6:26 pm

I've been out there and seen the things she's made

"Branwen, you look… older,” Mythal commented, glancing back over his shoulder as the door shut behind him. His eyes scanned the small living area as they turned back to meet the older man’s. It was rather homely, if a bit on the mundane side. The furniture was meager at best, the lanterns on the walls were dusty and dim and the main source of true light was the fireplace. Even it was smaller than most; it was only able to fit a log and a half in its grill. Overall, it wasn’t a place many would suspect to find a major from the Rune Knights.

“So do you. It’s been… why, almost thirty years now,” Major Branwen said with a smile.

"Just about,” came the simple response, his tone neutral. He took a couple of steps forward, trying to glance around the staircase on the right wall. There seemed to be a small hallway leading further into the house, perhaps the kitchen and other similar rooms. Everything seemed in order with a normal house setting but there he couldn’t help but feel restless. Something was missing. "Don’t want your guards in here with you?”

“I told them to go and get some rest in their own rooms. The people of this village offered three of their houses to myself and my people, despite my insistence that we’re more than content with our tents. But this mess about an assassination plot has them on edge. They refuse to budge from their posts until we’re out of this village. I’ve gotten more threats to my life than any one person should get in their lifetime and none have stuck. Yet they persist so…” Branwen shrugged. Then he rose to his feet, groaning a bit as he did so. He stretched his arms out to the side to ease the ache from their long travels. “You want something to drink? I’m sure I have some tea or coffee in the kitchen…”

"Villagers lettin’ you borrow their drinks and food too?” Mythal asked back at him, his tone a bit sharper than he meant to make it.

But the major simply laughed it off. “Apparently we are to treat these places as our own homes. I’ve already left a good sum of jewel on the kitchen cabinet to pay for their hospitality. They’ve been far more generous than they needed to be,” he explained, walking towards the hallway. “So… anything?”

"Beer, if they have it,” Mythal said with a shrug, his gaze not meeting the older man’s.

That caused Branwen to chuckle again. “Last time I saw you, you could barely handle your juice. Now look at you,” he said, stopping to look back at Mythal. He actually spent a moment looking at him from top to bottom. “I know it’s been a long time and I’m sure you spent time burying it but… I am sorry about what happened to Gren—“

"Save it,” the God Slayer was quick to cut him off, slowly walking past the couch and stopping near the fireplace. It seemed his words were enough to halt the older man, who deflated a bit and turned towards the hallway once more. Before he could even stop it, words came flying out of his mouth. "Sorry. I mean… it’s not somethin’ I like talkin’ about. I’ve tried to shove all that stuff in my own little lockbox and forget about it.” He couldn’t even help himself.

Branwen stopped, his back to the younger man. “He was great Rune Knight… but he was a better man. I’ve lost many friends in my time but his… it was the most painful. Losing you both was a hardship I never truly got over.” He turned back to look at Mythal, his hardened face having lost its luster and sagging with sadness. Mythal felt something tremble inside and he fought back, suppressing it as best he could. “I am truly relieved to see you alive, Mythal. And I’d love for you to tell me about the life you’ve lived so far.”

"I don’t think that’s a good idea.” The God Slayer was quick to cut him off but there was no harshness in his voice. In fact, it was the most neutral he had sounded in a long time. It was like he was teetering on an emotional breakdown. "You were a part of my life, yeah, when I was younger. And I took this job because I know Gren… dad, would want me to. But I was a child when you last saw me; I’m an entirely different person now. And not all of that is good,” he raised his head up on the last sentence, meeting Branwen’s gaze. "And I guess a… part of me wanted you to know I was alive too. I’m not lookin’ for some kind of replacement father figure but… you were good to me for a time. I at least owed you somethin’.” He spoke slowly, his voice rife with trembling pain and honesty. He’d fought against feeling for such a long time that letting even a small bit out had nearly fractured his entire emotional wall.

And Branwen seemed to understand that. He didn’t say anything at first, his gaze lingering on the younger man’s as if searching for something. Then a soft smile came upon his face and he closed his eyes, nodding gently. “I understand. But I want you also to know that I don’t want to replace Gren or anyone in your life. You’re a man now – a wizard of Fairy Tail, which is quite amusing I might add. I just want you to know that if you need anything, I’m willing to help out to the best of my abilities. Consider it my personal payment for your taking this job and… your willingness to step out of the dark and show me you were alive.”

There was a long moment of silence between the two of them, as each one of them wrestled with varying emotions. Finally Mythal sighed and nodded. "A’ight, that’s fair. Now.” And with surprising speed, he jabbed his right arm out seemingly into the thin air above the fireplace. Yet as it reached full extension, the sound of it hitting something cracked through the air, followed immediately by a man suddenly falling to the ground in front of the fire, instantly knocked out.

Branwen looked utterly shocked. “How...?”

"I could smell him the minute I got in here. I just had to follow his scent to actually find him out. Must be a camouflage type magic that lets him blend in with things. Clever,” the God Slayer said with a shrug, nudging the unconscious man with his foot. "Might wanna let the guards know that he’s in here. I’m sure they’ll have questions.”

Branwen looked between Mythal and the would-be assassin for a brief moment before chuckling and shaking his head. “Well then. No wonder you’re the newest Rising Star,” he said with a glimmer of pride.

Mythal scoffed at the comment, not really paying attention to its meaning. But it only took him a second to question it, his brow furrowing. "Wait… what did you say?”

River VillageFairy Tail
    2171/1500
    Let me tell you, they are fear.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Current date/time is 6th May 2024, 11:28 am