Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Search for the Creature

Xellal Arivuz'Arix
    Xellal Arivuz'Arix

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Rage of the Soul Torn
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 425

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Circle Magic
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Completed Search for the Creature

Post by Xellal Arivuz'Arix 23rd February 2017, 10:27 pm

Archaeological Excavation:

It was just about mid-day. The sun was just about at its peak; and a mirror-like creature with wings was lofting and flying gently across the endless sands of the forgotten desert. Thankfully, there was some direction to an archeological site recently discovered.
    Granted, the time it would have taken for Xellal to discover it was nothing significant, but it saved effort and exhaustion that was better unspent. While the site drew into visual range, it didn’t seem terribly occupied. Scattered people maybe half a dozen over the span of hundreds of meters in the surrounding area.

The job itself detailed the need of a mage to assist in finding more of an ancient creature, or so it indicated. This was both an intriguing find for Xellal, but a matter of tempering his skills in this plane. Something that will take some time for certainty. But a necessary component for growth. After-all, he needed to improve to learn more about this place. And perhaps become something of legend; it was always a strange fascination of him.

And so he approached the man in question, gently landing both feet to the sands. Quietly standing behind the requestor for a moment until he cleared his throat. “You called for aid?”

[WC = 208]
    [Post Count = 1/10]

Last edited by Xellal Arivuz'Arix on 1st March 2017, 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Xellal Arivuz'Arix
    Xellal Arivuz'Arix

Regular VIP Status- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Completed Re: Search for the Creature

Post by Xellal Arivuz'Arix 1st March 2017, 3:16 pm

your world is unfamiliar to me.
    for I am infinite
    It really did not take terribly long with Xellal's grindy voice to draw the attention of the employer.
    What did take much longer was the man trying to win a mental battle to communicate with the man after he saw what he hired. Or a lack of knowing, more precisely.

With only a few moments of reading into it, a sight that was far from foreign to the man who has lived as long as he. Cleared his 'throat' not that there was one, more a manner of respecting a social convention he adhered to his knowledge repository sometime ago. "You seem somewhat fumbled. I assure you, I am merely here to aid you in your expenditure. Nothing more, nothing less." And so the thing held out a hand to shake. To his surprise, the employer hesitantly accepted. Most usually just stare.

"I appreciate you coming, as you may understand. These deserts aren't ideal to work in, and so most hesitate to accept upon the calls of our kind." The employer had stared listlessly at the billowing sands that were ever changing in the endless expanse. "You may call me Professor Dex."

Health - 100
    Mana 100%
    192 words
    2/10 Post
    pyxis

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Xellal Arivuz'Arix
    Xellal Arivuz'Arix

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xellal Arivuz'Arix 1st March 2017, 3:24 pm

for I am infinite
    "Pleasure. I am Xellal von Archinvall Arivuz'Arix. Xellal works fine through." Having moved in typically human gestures and functions, it helped ease off the tension between the two- Namely the professor of his arbitrary looks. "So you seek the remains of a creature buried deep within' all of this sand. An interesting task that I will be pleased to entertain."
    "Will it not be difficult for just yourself? I respect the power of a magi, but it could grow exhausting for even the most powerful mages."
    "Ah, but that is precisely why I wish to do it. Work off some of this slag of being here, while it's mumbo-jumbo I'm sure. Things are strange and unusual for me. This will prove a valuable means to work out kinks."
    And with little further notice. Xellal had started wandering slowly down the side of a sand cliff; the professor seemed to be lost in thought, perhaps what Xellal had meant. It was almost poetic, to be digging up something that was far younger than himself, yet the professor who delved into the studies of the ancient, not once figured that the thing that he was working with; was beyond ancient as well.
    It left a stirring of entertainment in what was left of his emotions. But he trekked along the sand, he had to start somewhere- So where?

Health - 100
    Mana 100%
    226 words
    3/10 Post
    pyxis

Xellal Arivuz'Arix
    Xellal Arivuz'Arix

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xellal Arivuz'Arix 1st March 2017, 3:34 pm

for I am infinite
    "Hm hm hm. If I were an ancient creature where would I be? Aside from walking in the desert." He had to entertain himself somehow.

So he strolled through the sands of the dig-site, they shifted and turned constantly creating new and unusual terrain. Something of nostalgia washed over him, it was like a petty version of the Glass Realm he thought. "Down of course... Sands tend to bury last I checked" So the being extended either hand, palms facing the sand below him. A gold energy slowly begun to ooze from each finger, even to this day; his reminded himself always that he had to retain his shape. Not that he had to but a memento to who and what he was before this. Before this sick abomination he created to correct his past. It worked, but at the cost of himself. So he wielded his humanity like a treasure. You never know what you truly lose, until you've lost it. As he always told himself.
    "Legendary Lore" The spell itself was simple, it leeched outwards and wreathed across everything in a region and sent signals back to Xellal as readings of what was there, a useful tool.

Health - 100
    Mana 100%
    199 words
    4/10 Post
    pyxis

Xellal Arivuz'Arix
    Xellal Arivuz'Arix

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xellal Arivuz'Arix 1st March 2017, 3:40 pm

for I am infinite
    "There you are... A bit buried- And scattered. Should be interesting to drag what I can from this; we'll see just how exhausted I become then yes."

With little hesitation, Xellal had begun to float effortlessly above the sands and adjusted his position some fifty-yards, aiming to get as close as he can to one of the parts that was read back to him.

Having landed, he once more brought either hand to his sides. Both palms facing the core of the earth and it begun. A circular formation slowly sprawled from his palms and lofted in the air as small sigils, runics and unified words populated smaller inter-circular pockets in each circle. A convoluted process, but one necessary for his spells to work. Slowly the winds around him begun to draw still, the sand below started to shift instead; anyone that could feel the earth, would notice that the man was adjusting and twisting the form of the sands and minerals below to slowly, draw the piece out from underneath. It was likely the largest of the parts from each one he discovered. Hardest first, as they always say.

Health - 100
    Mana 100%
    190 words
    5/10 Post
    pyxis

Xellal Arivuz'Arix
    Xellal Arivuz'Arix

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xellal Arivuz'Arix 1st March 2017, 3:46 pm

your world is puny to me.
    for I am infinite
    "For having no where to go, sand still finds a way to be a nuisance to me." While the commentary was mainly just for himself, he felt some necessity to speak aloud. To remind him that he still existed in a land that was physical; for a lack of a better explanation.

The ground continued to whir and shift below him ever slowly as the massive form of what he figured was a hound of some description was pulled from the earth. It took about thirty minutes before it was dug far enough to the surface that the snout of the beast poked out from the sand. It was of considerable size, well. In comparison to the other things he's seen in this place. But he wasn't completed yet, the snout was only a small portion of the grand whole. And while the exhaustion of mana was pouring from his system, he continued drawing the beast outwards and his mana funneled into the task. From the back of his mind, he thought he heard the professor from earlier give out a cheer. Perhaps he was watching.

Health - 100
    Mana 100%
    186 words
    6/10 Post
    pyxis

Xellal Arivuz'Arix
    Xellal Arivuz'Arix

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xellal Arivuz'Arix 1st March 2017, 4:43 pm

for I am infinite
    The process was slowly becoming more and more monotonous; at first his interest was quite high in managing the usage of his now semi-limited mana and blood reserves. But after some fine-tuning on how he utilized the earth and his energy. It became an almost second nature situation. Having pulled the main skeletal structure of the massive hound from the sand, the professor had already started examining it with little hesitation.

It didn't take a genius to know that there were more parts to the physical puzzle of the creature, so without much word except nodding and 'uh-huhing' the intangible murmurs of the professor while working. He meandered off, seeking out the other pieces; from what he could tell they were quite a bit smaller segments of the grand whole.

'Thud' was the best sound to describe the next easiest task. He landed on a chunk of solid sandstone, and only about ten feet beneath his form was the portion he wished drawn out. It was a matter of a simple circle of magic to formulate underneath his feet and harnessed the power of the sand and sifted it to the surface.

With some minor concentration, he hovered the piece to the main skeleton. Indicated the find to the professor and meandered off without dallying to find the others. As he could tell, it was slowly getting later into the day and soon the night.

Health - 100
    Mana 100%
    235 words
    7/10 Post
    pyxis

Xellal Arivuz'Arix
    Xellal Arivuz'Arix

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xellal Arivuz'Arix 1st March 2017, 4:48 pm

for I am infinite
    "Goodness, this was no where near as difficult as I initially presumed it'd be... Sure at first it was a bit of a weird learning curve; but nothing that was easily broken down into steps." Again, he had reserved himself to a human-esque state; heaving a sigh. He wasn't even floating anymore, walking through the sands; unaware of the buffeting from the winds and sand. Why should he be?

It was about twenty-yards from over a small hill he had crossed a moment ago. The sands while not directly a problem for his form; were growing to be annoying with how often they changed the appearance of the world around. For a physical world, it was difficult to visualize for him, with his own sight being a stray of the norm.

But regardless, the form eventually found itself receiving signals from earlier that he had marked. To notify him when he neared the portions of the body. And so the process continued, it was a draining experience at this point. Having directed his hand downwards to face the bone about thirty feet below. "Just drag it out and over..." he muttered irritably.

Health - 100
    Mana 100%
    192 words
    8/10 Post
    pyxis

Xellal Arivuz'Arix
    Xellal Arivuz'Arix

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xellal Arivuz'Arix 1st March 2017, 4:53 pm

for I am infinite
    Night had inevitably fell over the work-site, it took several hours of the monotony that he knew he resigned himself into the task. He could have just walked out, but it wasn't truly in his nature to reject someone the assistance, especially after he offered to aid them.

So the job was coming to a close, he had brought the professor all of the parts and aided him in re-positioning the parts- Several times, to satisfy the professor with what the creature would have looked like. There were certainly easier ways to do things, but with the swiftness of the task, he was given the role of aiding him where his other more archaeological co-workers would have.  

"So. In this place, with these 'missions' we aid and are paid essentially once completed?" He inquired, not sure if it was such a boundary in the social aspect as it might be in other places. His hand was held heart level whilst balancing a part of the bone in place for a sketch.

"Yes, that is about correct. I'll pay you shortly, I just couldn't help myself with this opportunity."

Health - 100
    Mana 100%
    188 words
    9/10 Post
    pyxis

Xellal Arivuz'Arix
    Xellal Arivuz'Arix

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xellal Arivuz'Arix 1st March 2017, 4:58 pm

for I am infinite
     "That about covers it, here is your pay. If I have other requests I'll be sure to send you out a letter." The man had handed Xellal a small cloth pouch with some jewels buried within'. Xellal wasn't really all that concerned about the weight, or being cheated of his money. The employer seemed genuine enough.

"Appreciated, I hope you found what you were looking for in those bones. It's an interesting specimen." Granting a brief and firm nod, he had let the bag of jewels form into his body slowly. For sure not a pretty sight, or common for that matter.

And he turned on heel and begun his way from whence he came for his adventures for sure would have not stopped here. And will continue to press on the more he challenged himself. He had to, in order to improve and grow to his former strength. Through good or evil; a morality that was ambiguous enough for humans. For Xellal, it was a concept he held dearly, but lost focus of it without realizing so many thousands of years ago.

Health - 100
    Mana 100%
    183 words
    10/10 Post
    pyxis

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 4:27 am