Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Question Thread

Star Re: Question Thread

Post by Guest 25th September 2016, 6:08 pm

Kissos wrote:
    Marceline Anicetus wrote:
    Kissos wrote:*didn't even know this place was a thing...*

So, I need to know what would a proper defense - speed relationship be? Specifically, how high can defense go and how low can speed go.

I'm making summoning magic at the moment, and I want an A rank spell to be super tanky but super duper slow. I normally guess this stuff right off the bat, until I realized defense is much more... Valuable? Than speed.

Let's say I have 10% damage reduction and -10% speed, I'd still be able to move around almost as if it were nothing.

So, if I were to make it's move speed next to 0 (It's a giant robotic fortress basically that shoots lasers) how high would it's passive damage reduction be?

Basically, you can make them any percentage, but if the buff/debuff is enhancing/reducing two stats, it can only add up to 50% total, maybe even 65% depending on the drawbacks and such.

I don't really understand this. It seems to contradict itself. From what I take out of it is:

If it only raises / lowers one stat, it can be any percent

If it raises / lowers multiple stats, it can be 65% max

That seems to be... Counterproductive. Can I have a slightly more clear explanation? Here is a better example, albeit it's extreme.

I cast a spell
    Spell doubles speed
    Spell reduces strength to 0

In this example of course it's a little extreme, but would something along those lines (not exactly) be acceptable? Going back to my spell, I haven't thought of an exact percent yet but would, let's say... A speed reduction by 75% and a defense increase by 75% be possible? Again, it's a pretty hefty increase but it's an example, I still have yet to think of the full numbers

No. You're misunderstanding. Even with one stat, it can only go up to 75% at most, but two stats would have to add up to 75%. Nothing can essentially be brought down to 0, and even 75% is extremely high and would require some decent drawbacks to the user for such de/buffs to other players.

If you're trying to explain a trade of stats, say 75% speed for 75% strength, then that would be fine. When it comes to DR though, it's a bit more iffy, and staff has been thinking about maxing DR at 50% across all weapons, items, et cetera.
    Crimzon
    Crimzon

Space Weaver

Space Weaver

Regular VIP Status- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Soldier of Chaos
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Ardere, Nathir (Demon God of Bone)
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Bone Demon Slayer (2nd Gen)
    Second Skill: Shadow Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Crimzon 28th September 2016, 3:10 am

Are we gonna see 'Item of the Month' things happening again at some point?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Question Thread - Page 12 Tumblr_o3vqbk3Hxd1tydz8to1_500

themes:

Exp: 1619/7500
    note:
    350exp Regular VIP
    400exp Seijin gift
    250exp Priory event
    3750exp To a New Land! event

Post by Guest 28th September 2016, 6:03 am

Crimzon wrote:Are we gonna see 'Item of the Month' things happening again at some point?

I'm 99.999% certain these are still a thing, but Dev has a lot of busy people, so none of us have gotten to writing anything down. So, it might be a while before another appears... but I'll check with Dev in case we aren't anymore.
    Shin Katari
    Shin Katari

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Novice [250]- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Sand Demon
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 50

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shin Katari 30th September 2016, 11:48 pm

Is Summoning Magic allowed?

If so, would it be possible to be provided a link to the summoning rules (If they exist)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Post by Guest 1st October 2016, 6:26 am

Shin Katari wrote:Is Summoning Magic allowed?

If so, would it be possible to be provided a link to the summoning rules (If they exist)

All magic is allowed if it can be balanced.

Information about Summoning magic is located in the General Rules board in the HP, Spell Damage, and Magic Rules thread. Or however it's titled, I just know the title starts with HP.
    Dynamo
    Dynamo

Player 
    Lineage : Glory of the Slayer
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : N/A

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Requip: The Shadows
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Post by Dynamo 1st October 2016, 1:58 pm

Yo!

What are the requirements for a Demon Slayer position? D-Ranks may apply for a position?

:angelonion1:  If so... Then watch my fingers conjure up a masterpiece of a 1000 Words!

Post by Guest 1st October 2016, 2:12 pm

Dynamo wrote:Yo!

What are the requirements for a Demon Slayer position? D-Ranks may apply for a position?

:angelonion1:  If so... Then watch my fingers conjure up a masterpiece of a 1000 Words!

The only requirement for Demon and God Slayers is that you must have VIP Status. You can purchase VIP by donating to the site and posting in Official VIP Shop.
    Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Villain- Player 
    Lineage : Arm of Destiny
    Mentor : Self Taught

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Hollowed Summons
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 2nd October 2016, 7:08 pm

Will the (+) EVER mean something? Or am I paying more for nothing?

Question Thread - Page 12 Tumblr10
    Hallowed Summons § Vlad Chao § Bank
    That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fallen God Slayer 2nd Gen
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by That Adopted Kid 2nd October 2016, 8:19 pm

Vlad wrote:Will the (+) EVER mean something? Or am I paying more for nothing?

You aren't paying for nothing, you get to add a + to the side of your equipment ranking which is super cool, and shows you have a lot of money.

They actually give a bit of damage or durability boosts depending on what type of equipment it is, and the Items get to have slightly higher ability ranks. True they used to offer MP, but that could too easily be combined with the S-H rank turning of D-C rank spells into passives for 2-5% MP per spell which got a bit insane. Could they do a bit more? Possibly, but they already get 2 abilities as is...

Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Dragon VIP Status- Knight VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- 11 Sinner- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Villain- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 2nd October 2016, 8:44 pm

I've never been told/seen the higher rank of a (+) applied. Also, how does that work with artifact? Is it at H-rank or SS as compared to S?

That Adopted Kid
    That Adopted Kid

Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fallen God Slayer 2nd Gen
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by That Adopted Kid 2nd October 2016, 9:22 pm

https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t5780-physical-body-equipment-and-pet-rules

For the + weapons you get a bit more damage, for the + armor you get a bit more HP on the armor, and for the + items you generally get a higher rank ability on it, or another ability depending on which you bought.

The actual rank of the weapon/armor/item isn't too important except for the maximum rank of the ability that can be applied to it, the rank of said ability will scale with you up until said maximum rank that it can be on that item (so if you are S rank and have a strong + item your abilities could only be up to B rank on it, etc.)

When I said it is a higher rank, I meant in terms of the potential abilities or bonuses it gets which are listed within the rules. So instead of having 2 A rank abilities on a legendary item you would have 1 S rank and 1 A rank ability etc. That's where it makes the difference.

Fernus Darkslayer
    Fernus Darkslayer

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Player 
    Lineage : Backed by Prophecy
    Guild : Infinity Hydra
    Mentor : Self-Taught
    Experience : 25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Red Flame Magic
    Third Skill:

Post by Fernus Darkslayer 3rd October 2016, 5:06 am

If I go up a rank and want to add some spells, how do I do that? Same question about if I want to join a guild.

Post by Guest 3rd October 2016, 5:59 am

Fernus Darkslayer wrote:If I go up a rank and want to add some spells, how do I do that? Same question about if I want to join a guild.

There is a thread in the Registration forum, titled Thread Moving. Post the link to your magic app on that thread and a mod will move it there. If you want to join a guild, just inform a member of staff.
    Haru-senpai
    Haru-senpai

Moderator- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Monkey King's Descendant
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 12
    Mentor : Igneel, & Noheme the Fox
    Experience : 11,106.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: Dragon Force
    Third Skill:

Post by Haru-senpai 12th October 2016, 5:23 pm

When will everyones new GFX titles be put up? Are the staff / admins aware of the ones purchased and already created?

× Bio
    × Magic

Question Thread - Page 12 Rose

Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 12th October 2016, 6:01 pm

^Just wants his xD

Haru-senpai
    Haru-senpai

Moderator- Regular VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Guild Master- Demon Slayer- Dragon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Veteran Level 5- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Hero- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Monkey King's Descendant
    Dungeon Tokens : 12
    Mentor : Igneel, & Noheme the Fox
    Experience : 11,106.25

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill: Dragon Force
    Third Skill:

Post by Haru-senpai 12th October 2016, 6:04 pm

Vlad wrote:^Just wants his xD

Chill dude, I'm just asking a question. Maybe there's a hold up or something. Fucking jeezus give it a rest.

× Bio
    × Magic

Question Thread - Page 12 Rose

Vlad
    Vlad

Harbinger of Death

Harbinger of Death

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Vlad 12th October 2016, 6:04 pm

I was just being comical. Relaxxxxxx

Post by Guest 12th October 2016, 6:53 pm

Hera-senpai wrote:When will everyones new GFX titles be put up? Are the staff / admins aware of the ones purchased and already created?

I just put the requests up not even a day or two ago. Admins are the only ones accessible to the acp. The request thread hasn't even been updated yet. Be patient.

Vlad, this is not a thread to chat in. Please, only post on this thread if you have a valid answer to a question.
    Knight of Zero
    Knight of Zero

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Blood
    Guild : N/A
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Celestial Star Show
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Knight of Zero 13th October 2016, 12:23 am

The apples still a job? Couldn't find it in neutrals(sorry if didn't see, like 2 am).

Question Thread - Page 12 FtxZxrE

Post by Guest 13th October 2016, 7:14 am

Knight of Zero wrote:The apples still a job? Couldn't find it in neutrals(sorry if didn't see, like 2 am).

If I'm correct, the person who created that series never created "The Apples."
    Edwin Vancleef

Player 
    Lineage : Other Half

Post by Edwin Vancleef 16th October 2016, 11:08 am

So when making a shield as a equipment would that classify as a armor or a weapon? I can see it working both ways but want to make sure.

Character app: https://www.fairytail-rp.com/t26301-veronica-codsworth

Post by Guest 16th October 2016, 11:16 am

Darkarmedraco wrote:So when making a shield as a equipment would that classify as a armor or a weapon? I can see it working both ways but want to make sure.

Armor. Shields are defensive, not offensive.
    Nao
    Nao

Quality Badge Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Clone of the First Clone
    Guild : Black Sails
    Mentor : Nao (Primary) Gem of Time (Secondary)
    Experience : 49,325

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Water Dragon Slayer (First Gen)
    Second Skill: Chronokinesis
    Third Skill:

Post by Nao 16th October 2016, 11:30 am

Just a couple of questions.

1. "♦ Like with requip and Take Over users of summoning magic are able to use spell slots to provide extra active abilities for their summons. Each ability must be bound to a single summon and cannot exceed the rank of that summon. This cannot be used to provide extra slots for signature spell summons." This is an exert from the summons section in the magic rules.

My question is: Is this actually correct, since neither requip or take over have anything about this. Can someone help me understand this please. ^^

2. If I were to do an rb, what is kept? Do I keep my Ancient Scroll I used (Do I just remake it?), do my items I made transfer over? Do mission items?

Profile Magic Bank

Post by Guest 16th October 2016, 11:41 am

Nao wrote:Just a couple of questions.

1. "♦ Like with requip and Take Over users of summoning magic are able to use spell slots to provide extra active abilities for their summons. Each ability must be bound to a single summon and cannot exceed the rank of that summon. This cannot be used to provide extra slots for signature spell summons." This is an exert from the summons section in the magic rules.

My question is: Is this actually correct, since neither requip or take over have anything about this. Can someone help me understand this please. ^^

2. If I were to do an rb, what is kept? Do I keep my Ancient Scroll I used (Do I just remake it?), do my items I made transfer over? Do mission items?

I'm pretty sure you can do it with takeovers and requips, but I'll ask just to double check.

You can keep everything from your first character for one free character change, any changes after that, you have to start over. It's only when you're leaving the site do you lose your items and such.
    Noheme
    Noheme

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- God Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- S-Rank- A-Rank- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Armoured Beast
    Experience : 872,660

Character Sheet
    First Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Post by Noheme 25th October 2016, 5:09 am

You can change your D rank spells into passives once you hit S rank at cost of lower MP pool. But how would this work if the spell is summon or take-over?

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 10:14 am