Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Allowing slayers to become first gen from second gen.

weretiger5411
    weretiger5411

The Maker's necromancer

The Maker's necromancer

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill: SOTL
    Second Skill: NA
    Third Skill:

Allowing slayers to become first gen from second gen. Empty Allowing slayers to become first gen from second gen.

Post by weretiger5411 25th July 2016, 1:27 pm

Note: I had a suggestion topic up already on this, but either because of me not being able to express my ideas clearly or people misreading(or a mix of both), I am making a re-do of it which should be more clearer. Also when responding to this thread please make sure it relates to it, I don't want this to be taken off topic.

But, I think those with slayer larcimas should be allowed to be considered first generation without having the free position open. This would be done by having a position slot open on their ViP status(and would require a ViP status in general) and a slayer larcima. They say on their slayer magic app that they are using the ViP status for the larcima to be considered first generation and there. They can only be first gen of whatever the slayer larcima they used was, and if they do this then they cannot apply for a free slayer spot.

The only purpose that this would have is if someone wanted to say plot wise that they are first generation or they want to become a third generation slayer. However if they do my suggestion and want to be a third gen slayer, then they still need the same type slayer larcima for it. Again this is a minor addition and I think would not change too much while offering a little more freedom.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Those who do not fear power, are too easily destroyed by it."

"Humans are the biggest monsters. How else can you explain a dragon's need to burn down their homes, a demon's need to slaughter them, or a god's attempt at brainwashing them to devote loyalty? It is because we have the greatest chance to destroy them with whatever else gets in our way, and slayers are not the only method how."-Zecarayus Trevelean

Note: Until I get this in his character sheet, his name is changed to nevarran. Same soul though!

info on apps:
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth God Slayer
    Second Skill: Light Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

Allowing slayers to become first gen from second gen. Empty Re: Allowing slayers to become first gen from second gen.

Post by redheadedstepchild 25th July 2016, 7:48 pm

System isn't broke, it doesn't need to be fixed.
    Knight of Zero
    Knight of Zero

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon's Blood
    Guild : N/A
    Experience : 350

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Celestial Star Show
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Allowing slayers to become first gen from second gen. Empty Re: Allowing slayers to become first gen from second gen.

Post by Knight of Zero 25th July 2016, 8:33 pm

Who says fixing anything? Just improving which is never bad. Not all change is negative.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Allowing slayers to become first gen from second gen. FtxZxrE
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Developer/GFX Artist- Dragon VIP Status- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Slayer- Dragon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Rich- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 25th July 2016, 8:43 pm

Not all change is needed and by now it should be clear that Seijin isn't going to change the slayer thing since it makes money for the site.
    weretiger5411
    weretiger5411

The Maker's necromancer

The Maker's necromancer

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Lineage Making Contest Participant- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by weretiger5411 25th July 2016, 9:14 pm

Mashyuu wrote:Not all change is needed and by now it should be clear that Seijin isn't going to change the slayer thing since it makes money for the site.

Well it is a idea that can help our current slayer pool be more diverse, since this would allow more then the max 30 of first gens from the current set up. Also it is actually more expensive to become a first gen slayer through this method since it requires you to have a slayer larcima before hand and a ViP status, in contrast to something free but limited if you want first gen normally. This idea again is more for the diversity of slayers rather then more in general, and can actually generate more revenue since someone with the luck to have a slayer larcima might buy ViP status for the right to be called first gen or go for third gen(not to mention they still need to have a second slayer larcima of the same type too!).

But again it's a minor change, I don't see nor intend for this idea to drastically change the slayer system or drastically change the revenue system of the site. If anything it gives you a little more to do with the whole "applying for position" perk of ViP status.

"Humans are the biggest monsters. How else can you explain a dragon's need to burn down their homes, a demon's need to slaughter them, or a god's attempt at brainwashing them to devote loyalty? It is because we have the greatest chance to destroy them with whatever else gets in our way, and slayers are not the only method how."-Zecarayus Trevelean

Note: Until I get this in his character sheet, his name is changed to nevarran. Same soul though!

info on apps:
    Heavens Empress Daiki
    Heavens Empress Daiki

Heavenly Monster

Heavenly Monster

Moderator- Knight VIP Status- Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- God Slayer- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Stigmata of the Avatar
    Mentor : Daiki, Aiko (Mother - Missing)
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Avatar of Amaterasu (Heaven God Slayer)
    Second Skill: Fallen Angel Slayer Lacrima
    Third Skill:

Post by Heavens Empress Daiki 25th July 2016, 9:26 pm

weretiger5411 wrote:
    Mashyuu wrote:Not all change is needed and by now it should be clear that Seijin isn't going to change the slayer thing since it makes money for the site.

Well it is a idea that can help our current slayer pool be more diverse, since this would allow more then the max 30 of first gens from the current set up. Also it is actually more expensive to become a first gen slayer through this method since it requires you to have a slayer larcima before hand and a ViP status, in contrast to something free but limited if you want first gen normally. This idea again is more for the diversity of slayers rather then more in general, and can actually generate more revenue since someone with the luck to have a slayer larcima might buy ViP status for the right to be called first gen or go for third gen(not to mention they still need to have a second slayer larcima of the same type too!).

But again it's a minor change, I don't see nor intend for this idea to drastically change the slayer system or drastically change the revenue system of the site. If anything it gives you a little more to do with the whole "applying for position" perk of ViP status.

Even though there's... nothing really different from being First and Second Gen...

Allowing slayers to become first gen from second gen. 8ZbrsUC
    redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 25th July 2016, 9:27 pm

^ This.
    weretiger5411
    weretiger5411

The Maker's necromancer

The Maker's necromancer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by weretiger5411 25th July 2016, 9:30 pm

Heavens Empress Daiki wrote:
    weretiger5411 wrote:

Even though there's... nothing really different from being First and Second Gen...

No there is not, I believe I said already the only use this would have is if someone would prefer to be first gen slayer in their character's story or wanting to be a third gen slayer. Again it's a minor addition so I don't think it would drastically change anything if added.

info on apps:
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Glory of the Slayer
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Mentor : Hati
    Experience : 8952

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Nature spirit Invocation
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Benjamin 25th July 2016, 10:52 pm

I feel that over diversifying the slayer pool kind of takes away from the point of even having spots to begin with. It shouldn't be that diverse and this seems like it's just going to complicate things without a lot of real benefit. Also, if there's a potentially unlimited number of first gens, it becomes a bit of a canonical issue as they are suppose to be rare. It's fine for there to be a lot of 2nd gens as they are circumventing the usual methods with science, but the occurrence of someone being trained by a god/dragon/demon shouldn't be happening every other day.
    Crimzon
    Crimzon

Space Weaver

Space Weaver

Regular VIP Status- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Soldier of Chaos
    Cosmic Coins : 25
    Mentor : Ardere, Nathir (Demon God of Bone)
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Bone Demon Slayer (2nd Gen)
    Second Skill: Shadow Dragon Slayer
    Third Skill:

Post by Crimzon 25th July 2016, 11:08 pm

You can have a slayer lacrima and be trained by the respective elemental thing you're slaying.

Example: you have the Shadow Dragon Slayer lacrima, you can choose to at some point go forth and attempt to find a shadow dragon and be trained by them. You might not know how to use this lacrima and seek the assistance of the very thing it is meant to slay, or you could be taught by others who have similar slayer magic.

Another example: Aether Lepan, my character, was trained by Ardere, the Flame God Slayer, to learn how to harness the powers of God Slaying magic. During his training he was also instructed and critiqued by Nathir, the Demon God of Bone whos memories and spirit reside within the Lacrima that was planted within him. He had no knowledge of how to use the lacrima or the power that it held until Ardere showed him, Nathir who resides within the lacrima helped him hone his abilities.

In short: You can plot your way into being trained by the ones you wish to slay with your magic, but that will not lead you to becoming a third generation. It will only teach your character to become stronger.

Allowing slayers to become first gen from second gen. Tumblr_o3vqbk3Hxd1tydz8to1_500

themes:

Exp: 1619/7500
    note:
    350exp Regular VIP
    400exp Seijin gift
    250exp Priory event
    3750exp To a New Land! event
    Ammon
    Ammon

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : Gingerbread Man
    Guild : The Garou Knights
    Experience : 162.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Chains of Resonance
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Ammon 26th July 2016, 12:23 am

In truth I think allowing even more people to be third gen is perhaps not the greatest idea. Third gen can be pretty powerful. However, I also don't see why two lacrima shouldn't be able to provide something similar to a third gen, if with a different name.

I think 30 slayers is more than enough. If we took every active member on site thats probably like 50% of our active population or something. I don't think we need diversity here. What might be interesting is if we had OTHER purchasable positions that aren't slayers.

Post by Guest 26th July 2016, 5:00 am

Dmitry wrote:I feel that over diversifying the slayer pool kind of takes away from the point of even having spots to begin with. It shouldn't be that diverse and this seems like it's just going to complicate things without a lot of real benefit. Also, if there's a potentially unlimited number of first gens, it becomes a bit of a canonical issue as they are suppose to be rare. It's fine for there to be a lot of 2nd gens as they are circumventing the usual methods with science, but the occurrence of someone being trained by a god/dragon/demon shouldn't be happening every other day.

Ammon wrote:In truth I think allowing even more people to be third gen is perhaps not the greatest idea. Third gen can be pretty powerful. However, I also don't see why two lacrima shouldn't be able to provide something similar to a third gen, if with a different name.

I think 30 slayers is more than enough. If we took every active member on site thats probably like 50% of our active population or something. I don't think we need diversity here. What might be interesting is if we had OTHER purchasable positions that aren't slayers.

Agreeing with these two things.
    Knight of Zero
    Knight of Zero

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Knight of Zero 26th July 2016, 5:09 am

Ammon wrote:In truth I think allowing even more people to be third gen is perhaps not the greatest idea. Third gen can be pretty powerful. However, I also don't see why two lacrima shouldn't be able to provide something similar to a third gen, if with a different name.

Hes not saying to add more slayers; hes saying that if they have a lacrima and vip can be considred first gen instead of second.This would be mostly for story purposes though yes admittedly you can be trained by a dragon/god/demon regardless. As said elsewhere this would be a minor addition.
    Knight of Zero
    Knight of Zero

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Knight of Zero 26th July 2016, 5:15 am

Dmitry wrote:I feel that over diversifying the slayer pool kind of takes away from the point of even having spots to begin with. It shouldn't be that diverse and this seems like it's just going to complicate things without a lot of real benefit. Also, if there's a potentially unlimited number of first gens, it becomes a bit of a canonical issue as they are suppose to be rare. It's fine for there to be a lot of 2nd gens as they are circumventing the usual methods with science, but the occurrence of someone being trained by a god/dragon/demon shouldn't be happening every other day.

Sorry bout double posting though didnt know how to edit it in first post. Anyway would like to remark on second part how someone pointed out recently people rp with gods/dragons/demons enough to make them common or at least rare at this point.Also since we dont have any set site trainers if took personal character history into sites we'd probably have like 10 fire dragons around and 7 water gods. Not even taking in facts people with god/demon charaters or even some people with dragon as pets.
    Obe9813
    Obe9813

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Player 
    Lineage : Conqueror's Courage

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Obe9813 26th July 2016, 6:02 am

Knight of Zero wrote: Sorry bout double posting though didnt know how to edit it in first post. Anyway would like to remark on second part how someone pointed out recently people rp with gods/dragons/demons enough to make them common or at least rare at this point.Also since we dont have any set site trainers if took personal character history into sites we'd probably have like 10 fire dragons around and 7 water gods. Not even taking in facts people with god/demon charaters or even some people with dragon as pets.

Who made the other water gods!!!!

Also speaking from the point of a slayer having someone else become first gen ic would be an annoyance. 1st and 2nd gen slayers have no difference really. Which makes it bad enough when you run into someone using the exact same magic as you. 30 slayers alone is enough slayers adding in lacrima slayers it becomes a mind field.

Honestly I think there should be more of a distinction between 1st and 2nd gen slayer. While there is no distinction, it should not matter even ic wise what generation slayer you call yourself. If the character wishes to train some how and call themselves a 1st gen. Why don't they do just that. OC it would still be counted as second gen.

redheadedstepchild

Slayer

Slayer

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by redheadedstepchild 26th July 2016, 9:01 am

IC my character doesn't even call himself the first gen Earth Slayer, he is just the Dragon Slayer of Earth.
    Kiru
    Kiru

Regular VIP Status- VIP- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Demon Slayer- Legal Guild Ace- A-Rank- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior's Heart
    Guild : Black Rose
    Experience : 9,687.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ocean Demon Slaying Magic
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

Post by Kiru 26th July 2016, 3:30 pm

Adding more first gens would make the whole system obsolete, and take away the asthetic of being a first gen. I know this site is non-canon, but there are still things we keep with the series. Slayers in general are supposed to be rare. Even so, there wouldn't be a need to change the current system for this. The only difference between first and second gens are their history. And like others say, you can easily make your char's history to be trained by whatever you want.

No change is really needed for this.

Allowing slayers to become first gen from second gen. 2f730cc21c

Current date/time is 13th May 2024, 1:04 pm