Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job]

Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul
    Second Skill: Ice
    Third Skill:

Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] - Page 2 Empty Re: Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job]

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 27th December 2015, 11:33 pm

It was then that another row of earthen coffins erupted from the ground, fifty of them just as before. Out of them stepped fifty more of the jackal faced beings, all of them seeming quite angry. An extra coffin appeared, and another individual wearing the same armour as the Anubis Niyol has just defeated. Niyol looked at it, waiting to see what he'd do as the being stepped forward wielding the same sickle headed weapon as Niyol's new ally. He looked at Niyol, then at the tribe tattoo on his arm and then looked at the other commanding jackal man. "You dare side with our enemy?" he said with an irritated voice. "The Tribe of Souls is no more, this man is all that remains of them. The line between friend and foe is erased, just as our enemy was." the one being questioned said. "Hah, so then this man should be killed off as well. A force great enough to wipe out the strongest of the twelve tribes would have to be far too great for a single man, he should die for being a coward." the new opponent said arrogantly. "I was the force that wiped out my people. Under the control of the fourth strongest demon in existence, I slaughtered my own people at the age of ten." Niyol said coldly. "Then you should be killed for treason." the jackal said as all those under his command drew their khopeshes. The Anubis warriors who aligned themselves with Niyol drew their weapons, one drew it from his ass in order to combat their enemy. Niyol held up a hand, ordering his forces to stop. "Hold fast!" he shouted, causing all his allies to slowly drop their blades. "I have a wager for you, Tribe of Sands leader." Niyol said, his voice was calm. "If I kill you in a single attack, you forfeit your entire unit to me. If I don't kill you in a single attack, I forfeit my life and my people's weapons to you." he said with a very serious tone. "However... you must remain completely still, and I cannot leave my spot either." he added with a slight smile on his face. "So you intend to end my life in a single attack, from so far away? The magic of your tribe's men are renown for being among the weakest of the twelve tribes... your women being the strongest; I accept you gamble." he said arrogantly while crossing his arms. Niyol slowly drew the white blade from his side and said the words "Dance..." with a calm, soft voice as small white, snow like particles began to slowly separate from the katana. The new opponent knew that command, that sword, and the power it held... his eyes flew wide open as he'd realized he fucked up. "...Tamashī Reitōko." Niyol said, causing a massive barrage of white powder to erupt from behind him. The opponent turned, attempting to dodge but soon found himself to be completely split in half from nose to groin. Niyol reached out as if he were grabbing a sword from the wall, and a hilt appeared in his hand with the fine white powder being sucked into it. He began making a sword flicking motion, and when the blade had been completely flicked the full weapon was reformed. He gently sheathed the katana, making sure to salute it at the grip. "Sheathe your blades, your commander gambled his and all of your lives. If you attempt to disobey me, I will kill you." Niyol said, his voice was cold and stern. All the new jackals sheathed their weapon and got on one knee while placing a fist over their chest, each one of them swore allegiance to Niyol. "My friend, you are a true leader. I place all fifty of my men under your command." Niyol said to the Anubis commander, making it so the entire unit he'd just taken swore their allegiance to him. The command looked at Niyol and nodded, feeling amazed that he would give up that level of power so readily. He also felt relieved to know his ally wasn't a power hungry fiend at the same time.

HP: 25/300
    MP: 156%
    Rolls: 6/10

Effects:
    +2% MP Regen
    Can store 50% more MP
    Strong/Legendary(+) Weapon: +10% Base MP
    Chesha
    Chesha

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descendant
    Guild : Guildless
    Experience : 10762.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Spatial Devourer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] - Page 2 Empty Re: Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job]

Post by Chesha 4th January 2016, 11:27 pm

The poor, hopeless canine continued its pursuit despite her constantly dancing out of his way. Armed with a proper, corporeal vessel her powers manifested so beautifully even though they technically worked in the ethereal plane she existed…but it lacked the same wondrous feeling of a physical manifestation! It wasn’t that she completely ignored the way her laughter came out taunting each time she vanished from sight only to reappear yards away, running off further and further into the obnoxious abyss that was this sand castle tomb, just that Cheshire was too giddy to be bothered with it.

’If he’d only ask nicely then perhaps I could spare a word or few.’ Unasked questions received no answers in her world however, the ancestor happily bounding forward and sliding through her personal plane to reappear on the other side of the hall of spears, completely unharmed. She watched the all the delight of a child being chased by a parent as the beast ran straight through them, breaking the ancient wooden poles with abandon, roaring as he reached the side to end up slamming into the closed door. The sliding puzzle was moot as the sheer force and weight of her descendant’s companion forced the two large slabs down to the ground with a thunderous whoosh of air.

She delighted in the swirling sands for only a moment.

’No matter how much you want to protect something…sometimes one’s desires can be so hazardous,’ she thought with a lessening of her playful smile, the thing almost pitying now as she locked eyes with the raging canine. ’We are born to live, and anything beyond that is merely extra. Why are they so anxious to keep her in a bottle? Even dolls cry out to be played with and loved rather than stashed away in a selfish collection.’ She could hear the silent wishes from the girl, a presence before that silly civilization of greedy fools realized her existence, little more than a myth to them after generations of silence. Cheshire refused to bend to the wills of others, but she wasn’t completely heartless as they made her out to be either with their stories of her jester and jokester-like apparition ways, the Loki of their society.

She’d answered one of her descendent’s pleas, though she was a little loathed to realize belatedly she’d garnered the attention of one of the dogs too…but if it had to be any of them then perhaps Sorrow was the lesser of all evils.

”Careful dog, you might bring the whole house down with your performance!”

One could practically see the steam coming off him, the thing finally giving into anger and tucking into a ball to race towards her. ’And already he forgets how easily I can move out of the way.’ It was no matter for her though, more keen on letting him strike the beast behind her instead. Unlike her descendent, Cheshire didn’t mind a little killing, finding a necessity in it. If she needed to trick the protective beast then so be it.

[509]
    [27]
    [8/10]

Chesha carried out 1 launched of one Monster Dice :
    Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] - Page 2 OdAaNwh

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 5th January 2016, 8:39 pm

All of a sudden, as all the commotion had finally come to an end the ground opened up under Niyol. This time, he'd gotten used to the temple's ridiculous trick and pulled his Thorn of Betrayal out and converted it to a scythe. The pole of the weapon was long enough to catch him, as well as tough enough not to break as it took his full weight. "HA!" Niyol shouted, mocking the temple. "You should have fallen my friend..." one of the anubis men said with a tingle of pain in his voice. The sound of stone gears turning was heard, clicking sounds as something began happening. "Why is that?" Niyol asked inquisitively. Out of nowhere, a massive stone pillar was launched from the hole; directly impaling Niyol's testicles at rapid speed with enough force to send the soul mage straight out of the hole. The hundred anubis warriors all cringed as the man was injured, their minds having already imagined the same thing befalling them. Niyol hit the ground, immediately curing into the fetal position and gently holding his possibly dead children. "We... should go disarm the traps..." the anubis leader said. Niyol said in a wheezing, pain filled voice "Indeed... please do." while trying to regain his composure, or lose the feeling in his balls. Niyol felt something warm holding him, embracing him as a cool sensation began seeping through his hand and into his cradle. He opened his eyes to see Miyuki holding him, and healing his damaged property with her ice magic. She helped the afflicted man get to his feet, him giving a simple 'thanks' as return. Miyuki smile at him, her cheeks were rosy and her smile gave off the warmest of feelings. Suddenly, a pressure in Niyol's crotchal region, squeezing his beans to mash as it moved in even further made him realize why she'd summoned herself. Niyol fell to his knees, once again grabbing his coin purse to ensure the coins were more comfortable as they throbbed with pain. "That was for killing me!" she shouted at him. Niyol steeled himself and got back to his feet, knowing he damn well deserved it. The look he had... his naturally dead expression became something strange. It wasn't regret, or sadness, but it definitely wasn't his normal look. "Don't you fucking make that face dammit!" she shouted, feeling her heart sink. "I deserve far more, do with my what you will." He said with a calm, accepting voice. Miyuki swung her hand, an open palm that would surely create a very manly red spot when it hit. However, she stopped an inch from his cheek and stared at Niyol's eyes... He hand lowered and grabbed his shoulder as she pulled herself in, resting her forehead on his bare chest. "Why did you stop?" he asked, though he didn't sound curious. Miyuki began shaking, her grip on Niyol's shoulder tightening as dark circles appeared on the floor. "Tell me... do I... have to go back?" she asked between sobs, referring to going back to her village and following the customs of the tribes. "No." Niyol said bluntly. He felt the girl twist him, forcing him to lose balance and hit the floor, landing with the girl on top him, both legs to either side of him. She was holding his wrists, preventing him from moving at all, while also causing a cold wind to numb the pain in his possibly shattered economy. Niyol's eyes shot open, warm tears falling from Miyuki's face to his, as she pressed her lips against his. He made no attempts at resisting her love this time, because in the end it truly was her last dying wish. The next hour would include a variety of new experiences for him, the only experience not new was being force to keep his back to a surface while the deed(s) were done.

Rolls: 8/10

Effects:
    +2% MP Regen
    Can store 50% more MP
    This dice is not existing.
    Chesha
    Chesha

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 8th January 2016, 9:04 pm

Behind the controlled woman another beast pounced, blinking as its original prey vanished like an evaporating mist. Very little time remained to accept the reality of the oncoming threat, its claws still poised to lock into something and yet finding no purchase as the large boulder – or so it assumed – launched into it and smashed the thing against the ground. A small, pained cry left it as the magical orb inside received a crack or few from the sudden force and weight of the hit-and-run as the thing continued to slam right through another set of doors.

Not entirely without pity – this thing suffering for its mistake in attacking someone with far more experience as she – Cheshire reappeared near it, floating in the air as if sitting casually in a chair, one of Mao’s legs hooked over the other. ”If you leave now you will be free to live as long as the magical device inside permits. If not, you’ll be little more than dust in the wind like some of your friends.” To punctuate the point she opened her closed fist as dust with a few tiny pebbled pieces fell to mix with the sands, the dark glass a recognizable material to it. A small whimper rumbled out as it tried to push itself away from the small pile now scattered near it, its body scraping against the sand-dusted rocky floor.

”Run. Now. And never look back.”

Finally it found renewed strength to stand and gallop away, stumbling here and there as the pain of the cracks caused it to falter every so often. While the magically crafted beast wouldn’t live until the supposed “ends of time” anymore the ancestor figured it retained a couple of centuries before the thing finally gave out. ’As long as it doesn’t make any further bad decisions along the way.’

For now she had higher priorities than caring about an entity she’d likely never see again – the small guardian no doubt leery of anyone resembling her or her magical energy now – as a certain protective pet reappeared in the wrecked doorway.

”Leave her. Now.

”Because you asked ever so nicely? I’ll consider it, when I know she’s safe. Unfortunately you’ve revealed yet another obstacle she won’t like.” Motioning behind him the ancient ancestor watched as Nocshanks hesitated to remove his eyes on her – knowing just how quick she could be to disappear – and eventually gave in for a quick glance. While she could’ve simply used that instance she opted to play nice (a little) and stay right where she floated as he returned his gaze to her. This time though rather than full anger – perhaps even wrath – the beast sported a grumpier frown as if begrudging the fact…that she was right.

Through the doors he’d knocked down sat a glowing lake of lava with no way to currently traverse around or through it. It sat there, the heat dimmed down somewhat through a barrier, but more than likely there existed a way to create a bridge…and another would undoubtedly release the full brunt of heat and power of the pit to cook intruders.

’I’ll admire their style: they’re pretty adamant about protecting whatever’s here at the heart of it. All these other traps were more like deterrents…to lesser beings.’

[556]
    [29]
    [8/10 rolls]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 9th January 2016, 1:52 am

Miyuki had viewed her first fight with Niyol as a loss on her part, and this encounter would be a win. Even in death, Miyuki detested having to call a draw so she again pinned her partner down and said "I want a tie breaker." with a determined voice. Niyol immediately regretted not fighting her instead of letting her have her way the first time. He knew the girl would simply resummon herself until he caved in, so another three hours was consumed repeating at least five rematches. All would reveal two things... Miyuki was highly flexible, and Niyol was a fast attacker with enough stamina to match. After the sixth rematch, Miyuki finally said while panting "All... right... I concede." her voice reflected her defeat. "You win... this round." she added, making Niyol the official victor again. This would make the first time Niyol had the pleasure of not being pinned by a girl, as well as mark the only time he had 6 rematches to settle 1 tie. Once the two sheathed their 'weapons' Niyol said "Stay out if you wish, just know if you intend on becoming a burden I'll dismiss you." he said coldly, having already recovered from the various 'fights' he had with the ice mage. Miyuki nodded, her face turning red as she'd finally realized that Niyol had changed immeasurably since they were children. The boy she remembered was silly, weak, afraid, and emotionless. This... man... he was strong, bold, serious (which she didn't personally like that much), and emotionless (which she intended on changing still). It was exactly one step Niyol made before he heard a 'click' and the floor opened. Niyol fell through the floor and Miyuki walked up to the hole. She shrugged and jumped in with a smile on her face. Niyol had already grown tired of these traps, as such he kept a straight face while sliding down the tunnels. Meanwhile Miyuki slid down by placing ice on her slippers, and gliding down the tube. 

A hole opened up, shitting Niyol out of the ceiling. Him having gotten used to being shot out of an ass on the walls, Niyol landed on his feet, spiderman style and stood up. He remembered Miyuki had followed but lacked enough time to move out the way before she slammed directly on him, sending the man to the ground. Miyuki got up, still laughing from the fun she had going down the glorified pipe. Niyol stood up and noticed a rather strange sight. The woman he was looking at was undoubtedly Mao Nakiri... but her soul had a slightly different look to it. "Salutations strange woman. You are not Mao Nakiri, state your name." He said while looking rather sternly at the being, one of his hands on the white blade at his hip. "Who's that?" Miyuki asked, suddenly turning around when the sound of movement was heard.

Rolls: 10/10

Effects:
    +2% MP Regen
    Can store 50% more MP

Ninetails Derpfox carried out 2 launched of one Monster Dice :
    Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] - Page 2 NXDHjfc , Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] - Page 2 OdAaNwh
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 17th January 2016, 4:48 am

A small internal sigh escaped as a minor huff. The spirit of the proud Cheshire Cat, Kasmeer could sense the churning and twisting machinations of this silly temple, and felt as another one was sprung. ’Honestly what is it about this place that just keeps this man off his feet? I have never seen someone turn into a bumbling fool after performing adeptly so many times before…there must be something here that doesn’t mesh with his luck.’ If what he said at the beginning held any merit then perhaps the hateful tribe partially cursed his should someone of the Soul Tribe enter this place.

Shrugging it off, she turned enough to watch as the man landed perfectly and then promptly failed any rolls one might’ve performed for the simple feat of dodging the second person while keeping the canine to her side instead of her backside. A hand acting as if a table floated next to her braced against the air, cheek meeting palm as she absorbed the comedic scene. She outright grinned when, to her, the fellow stated the obvious, though she figured the bright magenta eyes should’ve been an easy giveaway if the floating hadn’t been already. ”Hello Not-So-Stranger. What you call me doesn’t truly matter….but feel free to call me either Kasmeer or Cheshire: whichever takes your fancy more. Could even call me Rose, for I would smell as sweet by any other name~” She smiled in that soft, teasing way any cat sported when their human pet wasn’t looking.

Magenta orbs slide briefly towards the door-less entrance to the lava pit, a bit of dismay marring her expression. To be fair she felt a great reason to be worried about it as her gaze returned to the man, and at this point even the canine would begrudgingly agree as she warned him, ”Before all else….perhaps you’d like to let the rest of us find our way across the lava pit…in case you somehow stumble upon the one button or lever that might remove the barrier keeping some of the heat at bay…and perhaps the lava under control as well? Offense isn’t entirely intended, but you’ve had quite the knack for setting off every trap you could find in this place, and I’d sooner see my descendent not burnt to a crisp because of a fumbling friend. Well, unless you really want to give it a shot, or let the human over there try? His chances might be better than your’s since he read the book….”

She’d noticed the man who patiently awaited his reintroduction beyond Nocshanks. The canine took another moment to glance behind him, noting that indeed a certain Mr. Jhon stood there as if waiting for everyone else to catch up, and almost did a double take…’I could’ve sworn I passed him…perhaps he knew of short cuts?’

”Well, I at least suggest he give it a shot for your sakes.” After all she could see well enough to Mao’s safety.

[496]
    [31]
    [10/10 Rolls]

Chesha carried out 2 launched of one Monster Dice :
    Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] - Page 2 OdAaNwh , Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] - Page 2 OdAaNwh

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 17th January 2016, 2:13 pm

Niyol glared at the new person as she introduced herself. "So even she has her demons." Niyol said as his purple eyes narrowed. "Miyuki, handle the lava." he said while drawing his blades. A massive sphinx erupted through the wall, accompanied by a mass of sand leopards. From the other end of the room, an anubis charged out and stopped at Niyol. "Brother, all traps are disarmed aside from the lava put... which has already been sprung..." he said perceptively as the lave was flowing into the room. "Yep, I got that covered!" Miyuki shouted as she flew across the room, jumping in the air and spinning with an icy wind around her. Niyol looked at the onslaught of enemies attacking, and back at not-Mao. "I''ll skip the pleasantries. Give Mao back, or I'll be both of your opponent." he said with a cold voice. "Now Dance and Reap." Niyol said, causing the white blade to disappear and the black one to instantly convert into a rather large scythe.

"All men, to Arms!" the Anubis called, causing his own small army to charge from the other end of the room. Two sand leopards flew out with them, weaving and dodging the others as they passed by. Both jumped, claws and fangs exposed before slamming down on a pair of anubis enemies. They rolled forwards and continued charging, barreling through another set of anubis and grappling a set of leopards. The leader threw his scickle staff aside and reached out his hand, calling forth a blade with brown markings written in a long since dead language. He took a running stance, and seemed to disappear with a shockwave at his back.

Niyol began spinning his scythe between his fingers, his eyes focused on the target. The increase in determination woke up his true power, the demonic scar under his right eye turned black with a crimson aura that bled into the scars on his back, right shoulder, right arm, and ended on the face of a demon on his right hand. His dark purple eyes turned pure black with a dark purple glow. White particles, flakes of snow... no, flakes of pure white metal blades moved across his cold gaze. Then a blast of white powder erupted from around him, encircling him and some collecting around his scythe. Niyol got ready to charge, but was smart enough to gauge his opponents' power properly. 'I'll wait for your word.' Altsoba said in his mind.
    Around them, the anubis warriors were in a world of chaos. The sounds of clashing metal, people being attacked by sand leopards, and sand leopards being attacked by dog men. In the middle, a violent storm of snow with a man prepared to eviscerate his friend if it came down to it.

Last edited by Niyol on 19th January 2016, 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 18th January 2016, 2:48 am

The ancestor snorted, Mao’s eyes rolling slightly as she caught the comment. ’Leave it to these beings to declare me a demon…though I suppose it’s not much different from what our people think of me.’ Disdain welled up for the people who’d cursed her to this type of existence, forced to live ethereally and only able to experience the world she loved to enjoy through someone else’s body. They wouldn’t be alone for long, the grand beastie of this place finally making its destructive entrance complete with entourage. Sure that the dog accompanying it would attack, she felt a spark of surprise and intrigue as it regarded the fellow more as an ally and informed him of the disarmed traps….aside from the really worrisome one.

It would seem the lava would join the party of nuisances, Mao’s face twisting into a mixture of disgust and displeasure as the substance started oozing into the room. Yet it would seem that the (in)capable man’s companion decided to make use of herself, keeping the troublesome heated earth at bay with some form of ice magic. ’I don’t recall her presence being anywhere near however…did she enter sometime after them?’

Demands were again tossed carelessly at her, the ancestor outright rolling her descendant’s eyes in response. Watching as the canines came to help deal with the feline army she took the moment to address him even as she forcefully summoned the pink diamond to Mao’s hand, crushing it in her palm, ”My little mixed blood descendent will have her body back, fear not, but I can’t exactly lend her my abilities while the control factor lives so I’m afraid you’ll be stuck with me for the moment. Once this and the lava’s truly dealt with…I promise I’ll rescind my control.”

Shards flew around her, emanating from the palm where the cracking crystal started breaking apart, each shard growing. Eyes narrowed as the thing started vacuuming sand in from various crevices, the troublesome guardian readying itself for an attack, and yet made no immediate move to attack. ’If I can just reach its core like with its little leopard army…unfortunately that hide’s going to be a pain to chip at…’ Even sending a few shards she tsk’d as they were met with a barrier, the test worthwhile even if minorly frustrating.

”Well…behind enemy lines it is.” More testing of the barrier was needed, but for now the Cheshire Cat accepted the dangers and teleported the borrowed body behind it, evoking an alarmed roar from the large sphinx. The whole hoard of crystals followed her, the pink shards all slamming into the same spot above one of its haunches, those that couldn’t reach merely shoving their brethren further into the stone hide. While it’d made an impression it’d be more before she could fully breach the beast’s hide to that wonderful, sandy center as a paw reared up, the sand encrusted thing eager to flatten the borrowed body.

All the while her face remained calm, eyes sharp as they stared up at the limb.

[508]
    [33]

MP: 85%
    Lineage: +25% magic power increase

Spell used:
    Spoiler:

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 19th January 2016, 6:41 am

Niyol listened as she claimed she'd release her, his only response was "You'd better keep your word." before he watched her zip off. "Brother! They outnumber us, reinforcements are coming!" the leader, wielding one of the twelve sword of creation called to Niyol. He calmly walked to his shield brother, the former enemy who was turned to an ally, and eyed the weapon. "I assure you, once this is over I-" "I was merely examining, this is no time to bring up arrangements." Niyol interrupted him.

In the distance, a jackal man walked in walking funny. It was the one who took a sword in the ass, possibly rotated a bit, from earlier who was jumping about with his hand up his crack digging for something. His activities went unnoticed by his comrades, and were ignored by Niyol who was still wondering if his balls would be alright.

On Miyuki's end, she was keeping the coldest possible winds on the lava to stop it, but the amount of lava coming out was so much that she was only able to slow it down. It wouldn't be a concern for a great deal of time, but only because Miyuki was putting all her magic power into it. Over the lava she had summoned her ice dragon, on her end was her ice golem and tiger using frost attacks to keep it at bay. The struggle was real, and the battle was almost as hard as the one with the sphinx.

"Call your men to retreat. I will handle the army, and not-Mao will handle the sphinx." Niyol said with a confident expression. "B-but there's too many! The blade of ice is strong, but I do not think it to be that powerful!" the man argued. Niyol rested a hand on his shoulder, a firm grip and a confident look later the anubis leader nodded. "All men, full retreat!" he called. The men all disappeared, falling into the ground leaving the anubis army enemies looking around. Niyol stepped forwards, holding in one hand the white sword. He dropped it saying "Stand" causing it to disappear, being replaced with twelve white pillars. The pillars were arranged like numbers on a clock, but each was glowing with a black and blue aura. The army turned to Niyol, knowing that he would make just as hard an enemy as the retreating forces. "Dance..." Niyol said, causing all the pillars to disappear, slowly becoming nothing more than white particles. The army, sand leopards and anubis, had all gotten close to Niyol and continued charging. A wave of white erupted from seemingly nowhere as the much larger version of his white sword had came into existence. The avalanche of metallic powder circled rapidly, grinding the sand leopards to dust and annihilating their cores. This left only two enemies now... the Lava, and the Sphinx. Niyol returned his weapon to sword form and stood by, wanting to see the competence of this... 'Cheshire' thing. As well as intervene if she truly needed it.
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 29th January 2016, 2:08 am

Narrowed magenta eyes stared at the paw as it came closer, time moving like a series of slides for her. Thoughts and ideas churned as she waited until the last second, allowing the beast to believe it might’ve hit pay dirt for a moment. Alas, a moment was all she could spare as yet again another arrow formed of the shards and slammed into the same spot. As cracks formed the thing let loose another enraged roar, satisfying the ancestor possessing the mage. ’If I keep striking the same spot things shouldn’t go too horribly.’ Entertained as she’d bypassed the barrier issue and the thing seemed to have a time of it merely keeping up with her teleporting she’d taken her attention away from the back half…

…and promptly cursed as the tail lashed out in a flash.

Red rivulets slid down the side of her face, one of them uncomfortably close to her left eye and causing it to squint even as she peered angrily at the thing. How dare it harm her! Despite respect she bore towards the thing for being feline – honestly, a great choice by the people who’d designed this place – Kasmeer wouldn’t show it any mercy now, managing to avoid another sand-laden paw without anything getting crushed. Bruises would no doubt lace her descendant’s left arm, this thing seemingly aiming for a side since it couldn’t quite fully catch her, but nothing she figured Mao couldn’t handle.

”I’m not good at playing nice,” she muttered, glaring as some of the shards were inevitably sucked into the supersized guardian, ”but I can say with all honesty that any mercy I once considered has broken. I might’ve let you go but…now…I guess it’s a matter of how you want to die.” More than anything the fact that it’d force her to stoop to – dare she admit it – request a canine’s powers was the highest insult she could think of at the moment. It wasn’t that she was racist or speciest per say, but a lot of the dogs she’d dealt with back in her true living days before her Schrodinger ones hadn’t been exactly pleasant.

”Very well feline,” she could feel that grinning maw of fangs, ”borrow my powers as you see fit. Just let me have a taste of it before you’re done with your toy.”

”Fine mutt, a small price to pay.” Feeling a bit of pay dirt herself the woman grinned, the action showing through on Mao’s face as she swirled the swarm of shards around the beast’s face, causing large clumps to knock its large noggin side-to-side. The vacuuming was starting to slow, the thing perhaps filled. ’Not much longer, I suppose I better make my decision fast then…’

”Better make sure you and the ice woman aren’t in the way chief,” she called out to Niyol, ”I haven’t the time to worry about you both right now.” Yes, that decision sounded much better, the woman grinning almost with feral delight as she borrowed power from Sorrow, forcing both their power to temporarily override the control factor’s to fully utilize her abilities. The whole body of the thing shuddered violently, sand stuttering out of its mouth before going through with the sand blast attack, failing to notice its primary target had already disappeared from view.

Before the slowed pool of lava sat a large, magical power orb – though missing a noticeably large bite out of it, yet still functional – and atop it stood a very pleased looking Mao. Arms crossed, she smirked as the thing sputtered out its last bit of grainy spray before turning to her as the realization of how heavy its body was starting to feel set in, ”You should’ve learned from your leopard friends…I really like getting to the heart of the matter.” It started turning as if to try and take back the orb, but she wouldn’t allow it, not at this point as the woman jumped down and gave the thing a hefty kick with a mighty cry. Through ice-encrusted lava it rolled until it hit fiery earth, flames flaring up as the thing sunk faster and faster to the bottom of the pit. It would be but a matter of moments before the guardian’s body began to break: she could already hear the musical of growing cracks now.

[728]
    [35]

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 31st January 2016, 8:55 am

Niyol watched this... Chesire person as she fought. It was different from Mao, much more hostile that she normally was. While he did think it was better for her to fight with increased ferocity, Niyol was getting impatient. "Altsoba, get out here." he said while standing, watching the fight go on. His shadow rose from the ground, taking on the form of a woman with two medium length, straight horns protruding from her forehead and a pair of demon wings on her back. As the shadowy form gained color, it revealed itself to be Altsoba who had a hand on her hip. "It time for me to show off?" she asked, sounding more serious than normal. Niyol was grateful to the simple fact that Altsoba wasn't a total dumbass. She was annoying at almost all times, constantly toying with him, trying to get him to screw her, trying to get him to 'settle down' and get a woman... But when it came to times like this, times when Niyol would easily, without hesitance bury his pride and call on her for help... These times, she never once tried any of it. Niyol nodded, letting Altsoba rest her hand on him. The fighting was still going on, nearing its' end as the beast was being sent towards the lava pool. Niyol had dismissed Miyuki to spare her the pleasure of being crushed. A massive purple magic circle appeared in the rooms, followed by a massive dark blue one that seemed to merge with it. "Oh great god's who rule time and space, hear my cry and answer my plea..." Altsoba began. The chant normally was shouted over battle, but for this moment all she needed to do was say it. "Grant forgiveness to those I touch, and bring down your wrath on those I do not. Give me your swords, and allow me to strike down my enemies in your name. Freeze and Distort, forego the natural laws of these worlds and stop all from flowing!" she said. The world stopped moving, the beast was in the water fully dead and Niyol had ten seconds to move. His wings immediately formed as he erupted from Altsoba's touch, slamming his palm on Mao's stomach. While he didn't know the extent of her 'demon' he did know she held an ability to teleport. Altsoba's distortion would cause all space to bend to her will, making it so if Mao tried vanishing, she would be stuck in the same space she was in. Altsoba's time freeze would provide Niyol all the time he needed to act. The time freeze ended with Altsoba's Distortion still in effect, Niyol looked away as he began trying to siphon the soul of the ancestor from her. He felt a small change just as the siphoning began and immediately stopped, removing his hand from Mao and holding his palm open. A small, emerald flame appeared in his palm that he began examining. "Mao... do you know why your soul tastes like Rose Garden Fried Chicken?" he asked nonchalantly, ignoring the fact that he'd just consumed the tiniest part of his only friend's soul.
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 10th February 2016, 11:14 pm

The disintegration of the core was a beautiful thing as the actual body started breaking down, Kasmeer enjoying the victorious sight. It’d been so long since she truly flexed her capabilities, and hampered as she was by the limitations in place it remained satisfying. Words rang through the air, the ethereal being’s attention caught despite the lack of dramatic shouting. ’What are they planning…have we not won?’ Eyes narrowed internally, a smirk remaining on Mao’s visage as it continued to watch the bricks of the sphinx crack and break apart into a pile of rubble.

Kasmeer’s premonitions usually hit in the ballpark if not like a straight and true arrow. While someone hopeful and more forgiving as Mao might’ve convinced themselves it was related to the lava she refused to give such leeway to mindful creatures. She felt the shift in reality as it created a slight dissonance with her host, the ancestor snarling internally. What was this brat plotting?!

’Pah, trust was always a silly concept,’ she grumbled to herself, easily escaping the confines of their plane and returning to her exiled one, no longer able to affect it even if she could merely watch. For now however, on some off chance he could reach her, the ancestor vanished further, keep to keep her distance from someone so conniving. ’Sorrow can’t be trusted to teach her the importance of choosing one’s pack mates more carefully…canines.’

Things seemed…different from what she remembered. In fact she didn’t recall being in this room at all, and gods the temperatures were horrid! Though one look over at the lava pool told the woman all she needed to know even as her ears drooped and her expression resembled someone who’s puppy just got kicked at the sight of that horrible, heated earth. ”I have no idea….though I did have a rather delicious fowl the other day, but it wasn’t at Rose Garden…um….Why are we here and when did we get here? Though…I guess I’d rather know when we plan to leave as this room is becoming rather unbearable quickly.”

Staring forlornly at the lava she yipped when something nudged her, patting Nocshanks’ forehead as he again nudged her, ”Ah, sorry about that…”

”I have something for you in the cask. Drink it, it will help you.”

Eyes turned to the new collar adornment, a tiny barrel attached to it that she found adorable until she opened it. Inside a vial of clear liquid sat and Mao didn’t need her instincts to tell her…she wouldn’t like it. ”Oh, good, medicine…but perhaps later. I fear it might evaporate in here if I open it.” While he didn’t look pleased by the decision the crystal user knew she’d bought herself some time before she could properly get rid of it, unfortunately unable to bank on her worries coming true. ’Best to get rid of it when I can.’ She wouldn’t be a part of that lifestyle for much longer after all.

[494]

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 11th February 2016, 3:12 pm

Niyol snapped his fingers, causing the emerald flame to disperse at the bunny eared girl's comment feeling a bit less shitty about having consumed her soul and told her the flavor. It was then that several small sections of the fallen beast rose up, each looking like the head lights on some super old fancy car as they poked out of the Sphinx's body. Niyol turned and raised an eyebrow at the sight, wondering what this was about. Three rocks shot out it in Niyol's direction, all of which he dodged with small movements. He'd remembered what happened last time he avoided a trap, and was smart enough to step aside a another rock shot where his coin purse was previously hanging. The rock firing protrusions retreated back into the beast's body, and Niyol turned to Mao. "I vote to exit now. Meanwhile, I wish to know of the strange being known as Kesmeer..." he said with a blank expression while walking towards the exit. Fyore ran up holding the item they'd come to retrieve, gesturing for Mao to go first considering as Niyol was a recipe for activating this places trap cards.

While walking, Niyol would either listen to Mao's story if she so chose to give one, or remain quite if she decided not to or had nothing to say on it. His demeanor wouldn't change at all, remaining at the same emotionless state as it always did. Niyol stopped in the middle of a rather narrow hallway that had a light at the end of it, holding his right arm out to prevent anyone from walking past. He noticed several holes on the walls, and a pressure pad directly in front one of his feet. He heard the grinding sound of stone on stone as Fyore grew stiff, his foot having depressed something Niyol passed.A shining blade flew straight out of the wall, into the other side of the wall as Niyol jumped over it. Another came at Niyol's level, getting blocked by the white blade pulled from a snowy sheath at the shirtless mage's side. The blade flew off its handle, and bounced around to the end of the hall and out the exit.

-meanwhile in Ace of Spades, a cabbage merchant was enjoying his day after selling three cabbages-

Niyol dropped to the floor, standing in the middle of the room and exhaled a sigh of relief. He began walking out to the exit and without warning, a stone pillar flipped up from the ground ramming a stone ball end, like a hammer, into Niyol's pelvis. It flipped back to the ground as Niyol grabbed his goodies and collapsed to his knees. A second pillar came from the ceiling and knocked him onto his chest with his arms under his body. A small, red, cone shaped object slowly fell from the hole and landed on Niyol's rear. It had a rather strange symbol etched into it, perhaps it was a sign from the gods... After the hat landed, a skeleton wearing rainbow colored hair and a rubber object where its nose was supposed to go fell on top of Niyol's back, though the party hat didn't move at all.

party hat image:

-5 minutes later, in Ace of Spades a massive metal saw blade slammed into a cabbage merchant's cart, the words "MY CABBAGES!!!!!" rang throughout the city-
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 11th February 2016, 9:19 pm

Despite not knowing the various trials and tribulations Niyol went through earlier and the almost ridiculous (and unheard of) number of traps he’d set off, Mao was glad that unlike earlier he avoided this one though…the trajectory struck her as a little aimed below the belt. Finally any remnants of energy in the guardian faded, the thing well and truly dead this time, allowing the group to leave with the return of Fyore – who’d apparently grabbed the prize while they kept the enemies distracted.

”Kasmeer?” Surprise coursed through the tailed woman as she took the lead. ’How did…oh,’ the realization struck her a second later. In hindsight it made strength given the concoction Nocshanks raced through the ruins to offer her, but there’d only been one other such instance of the temporary inhabitance. At first she hesitated whether or not to explain some of her people’s questionable decisions but…well at this point the man was one of the few she’d come to trust with it and she’d already made a minor request involving her people too.

”Kasmeer is…one of my ancestors from my mother’s side, a rare Cheshire Cat born from simple house cats within the feline lineage. If not for her they’d be amidst the lowest of the Houses within the line, but she exhibited powers far beyond what my people thought possible for the Cats. Unfortunately it was also during her time of true life that our people stumbled upon a treasure, one they could increase their abilities and longevity with…but could also secure a truer and simpler immortality for some. It was after the first few they began to realize that they displaced these people, placing them where the rules of this realm do not affect them, yet leave them incapable of in turn affecting or experiencing it without a conduit.”

She paused in her story, pointing out a few traps to help the group avoid them, afraid of getting the lot stuck in further hijinks and trouble. ”Unfortunately while some continued to ‘volunteer’ for the honor of their Houses, I would hazard a guess that only a small percentage truly went willingly while many were forced one way or another. Kasmeer is one who fought to the bitter end, but in the end she couldn’t escape forever so she settled for doing things her way in the end. Like the other ancestors she is neither truly alive nor dead, but unlike them she bears the most freedom since she can truly choose who borrows her power and strength as well as observe the world more fully and personally. Because of it though she is the only one truly safe from the mercies of my other ancestor…” The people had never thought twice about who they sent in for a long while, their greed too strong until they slowly realized the well of options started drying up over time.

Despite her efforts one or two traps escaped her notice, and most unfortunately for Niyol….Fyore activated one in his vicinity. There was a collective gasp and cringe of pain. So close, so close he’d been to avoiding it, if only it’d ended at the blades instead, but the people of these ruins had been well and truly complete dicks down to the bitter end, Mao a bit curious about the dead “clown” awaiting to celebrate Niyol’s lack of fortune. Squinting at the hat however the dark haired woman believed she could almost make out some picture, ’Is it a face? Well…best to get him out of here and to a magic healer as he may be beyond a common doctor.’ First she’d remove the skeleton of course, the man not needing the boning it looked like the deceased employee wanted to give him judging by the position.

[630]

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 6:21 am