Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job]

Chesha
    Chesha

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descendant
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 10762.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Spatial Devourer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] Empty Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job]

Post by Chesha 28th October 2015, 2:18 am

Spoiler:

How had this come to pass? Both ears stayed flat as the woman tried her best to figure out a polite way to get this man out of her personal bubble. Currently all she could focus on was the fact one of his arms sat snuggly around her shoulders, keeping them basically hip-to-hip as he chatted eagerly on and on…and on…and on some more about something. ’Probably the exhibits in front of us,’ she determined, sighing a little sulkily. Unfortunately she really couldn’t afford to be rude to him either because in his possession lay another one of her crystallized memories, the thing feeling a bit old not unlike the one she’d acquired quasi-recently. To try and ask for it back rather than forcefully reclaim it struck her as the best option, but the moment she made the mistake of mentioning being interested in one of the exhibits he’d launched into this personalized “tour” of sorts.

So far they’d made it through two rooms before becoming permanently glued to this one, barely shuffling around the room as he opted to point out and speak about everything from the same spot. Whatever was in here fascinated the man to a great deal as he continued to speak over her even when the woman increased her volume a tiny bit here and there. She’d try to either encourage him to move on or inquire about the crystal displays only for him to override her with more history about this room and why it was fascinating because mystical items of mystery and allure and adventure with boulders chasing you down hallways, natives with spears, snakes…I hate snakes, shooting people who expertly waved swords about, and swinging from whips. If anything she was impressed with how many words he could spout before taking a breath, the act so seamless she’d miss the action entirely if she so much as blinked.

Slowly Mao pondered if he might be hinting at something, but for once it wasn’t unconscious obliviousness so much as on purpose. She wanted to know more about how he’d come into possession about that emerald and perhaps what kind of lock and key it sat under currently because damned if the woman couldn’t seem to recall it to her. Normally retrieving them was an easy task, something a certain someone didn’t know (or rather couldn’t remember) she could perform. Except for some reason there was a protective measure encased around the gemstone of interest.

Again the woman attempted vainly to get his attention only for his volume to increase as he chatted blithely about the objects in this room and about how it was an “incomplete collection.” He went so far as to ignore her pouting expression as well, the short woman hunching a little in her annoyance. At any other time this all would’ve been terribly fascinating, the history in this museum no doubt full of various bits of allure and memorable content…but she wanted her damned memories and for him to remove his arm! ’If I asked I’m sure Nocshanks could bust it open for me…but I’d rather he not become a target for hunters. Besides that would reflect badly on Sabertooth.’

[531]
    [1]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Position : None

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Soul
    Second Skill: Ice
    Third Skill:

Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] Empty Re: Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job]

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 28th October 2015, 3:00 am

A museum on the back end of the desert, partly in the sands, and part of it in grass. It was... curious as to why Niyol had transitioned from the extreme cold of the Silent Glaciers, to the extreme heat of the forgotten desert, but he found little pleasure in having been out of either now. The soul mage looked up to the top of the massive building, feeling rather puzzled. His instincts were telling him to go inside, but his mind was telling him to raze it to the ground. Ignoring his conscience, Niyol decided to go ahead and enter the building... after he found the entrance... While circumnavigating the building, the shirtless man noticed a poster seated upon the wall. He read it, something about the museum missing something, and them needing a badass or suicidal maniac to run into a temple and grab it. 'Suicidal badass... seems about right.' Altsoba said to Niyol in his mind. 'Neither apply to me woman, but my gut tells me to procure this item.' he replied, gently tugging the parchment from its home and rolling it up.

A little while after entering the building, Niyol picked up on a very familiar magical presence. He walked some more, lowering his magic power to make it seem as though he were standing still until he finally came across a room with a very familiar person in it. Uncomfortably listening to the prattle of an old adventurer as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, which made even Niyol cringe as he imagined it occurring to him. 'Wanna put on one of your class act performances my dear?' Alstoba asked Niyol. 'Have I no choice?' he responded, knowing this salvation would be small compared to the things Mao would end up doing for him in the future.

"Quite right my friend!" Niyol exclaimed as he wrapped his arm around Mao's waist, gently sweeping her away from the man who released in reaction to where Niyol's hand went "Play along." he muttered in a very hushed tone to Mao. The man stopped mid-sentence "I-I'm so sorry, had I known she were taken-" "-Have no worries, I'm quite faithful in my little bunny here..." he said with a teasing voice, but still referring to Mao. He'd noticed that the man had an emerald on his person worn as a piece of jewelry, it looked similar to the ones Mao entrusted to him before his venture to the Silent Glaciers. "Tell me, is there anything you'd exchange for the grand gem about your person, mighty adventurer?" he said, gently removing his arm from Mao's waist, a seamless transition. "Aaaah... yes the old times. But I'm no longer so great-" "Nonsense!" Niyol interrupted. "I'll be endevouring to a very dangerous location, frought with danger, traps, enemies, and glory. Let us test your, so called lost mojo, should you come out alive I would buy that gem off you for twice the value of what we find." he said to the man, who really only looked about middle aged. He took a few seconds to think on it, but he'd ultimately given in to the compliments and promise of glory, and agreed to tag along. Niyol turned to Mao and handed her the job he'd picked up. "We'll be talking with the curator to alert him this task is under way if you'd like to accompany us, darling." he said to her, adding the last bit just for the sake of teasing and throwing on a devious smile as he said it.

HP: 300
    MP: 112%

Effects:
    +2% MP Regen
    Can store 50% more MP
    Strong/Legendary(+) Weapon: +10% Base MP
    Chesha
    Chesha

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] Empty Re: Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job]

Post by Chesha 28th October 2015, 4:17 am

She managed only to jump a little, more out of surprise than anything. Surprise at the sudden bursting of Niyol’s voice into the conversation, his mere presence, and the touching of her waist all bundled up into a single jump scare that set her staring at the man with wide eyes even as it forced the stranger to back off. Relief washed through her, calming the deer-in-the-headlights look only for a rosy color to blossom in her cheeks at the little ‘pet name’ he used for the charade. Trying to go with his recommendation she let her eyes slide off to the side bashfully, a hand raising to cup her cheek as if to try and hide just a little her embarrassment, ”Oh dear, I told you how I feel about that nickname.” When he let go she held back the sigh of relief, more impressed as he picked up on her interest.

’Then again being exposed to the other two…it’s probably a little easier to feel their presence, at least for someone of his type. Though it’d probably be better to not let him be exposed for too long….oh well.’ Seeing this much emotion in him, even for the sake of acting, was quite entertaining as she was far more accustomed to a milder range. The jovial bit from before would be worth a chuckle here and there later. What she didn’t expect was for Niyol to charm the man so thoroughly and persuade him to tag along…and the fellow to agree. She wanted to protest and couldn’t find the words, especially when he tacked on “darling,” leaving Mao sputtering before she swiftly shut her mouth.

Best not to let the man figure out otherwise she supposed…but at least they wouldn’t have to fully commit to the act either. There’d be far too much danger it sounded like that they’d all be more worried about their lives than the use of pet names.

”Umm…sure,” she muttered loud enough for both of them to hear, trying to let the awkward melt away as she started to leave the room and head towards the front, ”I think I saw someone with that title above their name tag when I entered. He was talking to another employee, hopefully he hasn’t wandered too far, or someone can call him for us if not direct us.” She’d been about to talk to him too if not for the other fellow deciding to ensnare her with regaled tales of his accomplishments and the wonderful exhibit he’d helped build save for one, last, missing item.

A gruff laugh echoed through her mind before the teasing words came, ”You are remarkably good at attracting the odd ones. Perhaps it’s the foreign ears or tail that lure them in?”

”Quiet you, or I’ll let the odd man ride on you to the location.”

As she entered the first room Mao spied the very same man who’d been instructing what appeared to be his junior. This time he sat behind the front desk, head down as he wrote in a thin journal – perhaps instructions for someone or ideas, who knew? ’This is a bit out of the way, he probably runs this place as well as covers various jobs. It’s not exactly a huge establishment either.’ She turned those pale agate eyes to Niyol, deciding since he appeared to be in a jovial and talkative mood – and also held the paper – he could go rouse the man from his writing.

[584]
    [3]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ninetails Derpfox

Moderator- Developer/GFX Artist- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Coming Storms- A-Rank- Rich- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 28th October 2015, 11:28 am

Ignoring the chatty tool's incessant prattle, Niyol, lead by Mao, walked over to the curator's desk where he was instructing some of his subordinates while writing. Mao seemed pre-occupied with the ex-adventurer's constant babbling, so it came to him to get the man's attention. "Pardon me..." he said in a level voice, but yielding no results from the man. His face turned slightly annoyed in appearance and he drew the black sword with a white line running down it, moving quickly across the man's head before flicking it. The blade turned into a scythe mid-air that was slammed on the middle of the paper the curator was writing, sinking in deep with the tip ever so gently tapping a bulge in the curator's pants that was square in the middle of his pelvis. The curator tensed up, straight as a board with a layer of hair sliding off his head and onto the blade, running down it and onto the table revealing a bald spot. The hair was cut so close one would swear he'd used a professional razor and not a sword, not even a single cut was made. "Have I your attention?" Niyol sad in a rather annoyed voice. The man quickly nodded, his eyes were wide open with his pupils the size of the tip of a dart. Niyol pulled the parchment out and flicked it open. "My group shall be undergoing this task, log it so your establishment gets the names correct." he said with a very bunt voice. The curate reached over nervously, making sure not to touch the scythe for fear of losing a hand with the slightest tap on the blade. He grabbed a page, his hand shaking still placed it before Niyol. "I-i-i-i-i n-n-n-nee-eed you t-to sign th-this..." he said, his eyes fixated on the hook like protrusion of the scythe's larger blade that was seemingly aimed at him. "What exactly is it?" Niyol asked, not actually intending to sign it no matter what it was. "I-it's a-a-a release o-of liabili- ah!" the man was startled when Niyol withdrew the scythe from the wooden desk, leaving a gaping hole in its wake, the blade so smooth not even the page it impaled clung to it. "I have no intention of signing this document." he said bluntly. The man looked at Niyol with a helpless expression and said "Th-then I c-c-c..." he paused as he'd accidentally made eye contact with the shirtless man wielding the scythe. The dull eyes, seemingly empty, lifeless, void-like that reached out with ethereal hands and grabbed his very soul and ripped it from his body, gently running the large black scythe trough it. The man's life flashed before his eyes as tears formed on his eyes, becoming small creeks that flowed gently. His hand reached to a stamp, unable to break the lock with Niyol's purple orbs, and subconsciously the curator placed the stamp on an ink pad, and stamped the parchment with an approval stamp without the liability form being signed. "G-g-god speed t-to you, a-and thank you f-for visiting my museum-oh god please don't kill me!" he said, the last bit was rushed as Niyol turned away, startling the curator. He didn't say anything to the curator, just walked to his allies while reverting his scythe to sword form and sheathing it. "Let us go." he said with a cold voice while proceeding through the museum doors, ignoring the scent of urine and the yellow puddle creeping from under the curator's desk accompanied by the man's voice on the intercom calling for a mop.

MP: 114%

Effects:
    +2% MP Regen
    Can store 50% more MP
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 29th October 2015, 3:22 am

This did not go how she expected, not by a long shot, and only proved to remind the woman she still understood Niyol very little. ’I’m not sure how well I knew him before all these memory problems though.’ However this really couldn’t get any worse considering on the low note he started on, the scythe’s blade going through the desk and going by the fellows panic perhaps a little too close to home down there. As hair fell down to reveal a new haircut for the man she could only sigh internally, greatly pitying the man and yet unable to utter a word herself. What did one say in such an instance? ’If I were someone stronger I could chastise him now like some heroines and heroes…Hopefully this won’t reflect badly on Sabertooth….but I’m not sure any more.’ She briefly considered not having her name tacked on before giving up on that thought, doubting it’d do any good at this rate.

Under other circumstances – such as this perhaps being a comedic TV show – then it might’ve been entertaining for Niyol to bypass the whole liability waver, but currently it just caused her to pity the intimidated curator all the more. Whether he was simply fascinated by the event or too stunned to continue speaking their third party member had gone silent too, avidly watching as their current “leader” signed them up before motioning for them to leave.

Once outside the great beast that was her canine friend (and naptime partner) meandered over, his usual lax stance contradictory to the way his female companion tensed up and sighed with her head in her hands. ”I can’t believe you did that…” she mumbled between her palms. Eventually she managed to peer over her fingers at the man, a tiny glare furrowing her eyebrows before she piped up louder, ”I’m also not sure that extent was necessary…” And then she fell through another stage as a second sigh slipped out and both arms fell limply at her sides, a dejected voice muttering, ”I guess I’ve learned my lesson though…next time I’ll do the…err…talking.”

Rather than leave the blame with her scarred up friend the woman took it upon herself, realizing she was probably the more people friendly between them even if more awkward about it. Eventually her eyes slid back to the two chaps, her down voice managing to speak audibly, ”I don’t suppose either of you know where this place is already? I mean…if you did provide most of the artefacts for the exhibit then surely such a great adventurer as yourself would know…” Perhaps she sounded a little biting there, but in her defense the man had been going on for quite a bit about his accomplishments before her savior arrived. Even then she figured the sign up paper must’ve come with a map or…something…maybe even some minor directions.

[481]
    [5]

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 29th October 2015, 3:47 am

Niyol didn't respond to Mao's reprimanding, as he knew he'd done many more things that she'd more than likely try to kill him over. It was a bit to his surprise that the dog like comrade of hers gave no reaction to the situation, not bothering to reprimand Niyol alongside his owner. 'You know... that girl is still floating about the life stream...' Altsoba said, reminding Niyol of his previous... 'deed' from so long ago. 'I know, I'll have to deal with her before this task is over, but I'll have to slip away. You know how legal mages respond to people like me doing the things I've done.' he responded to the demoness. Niyol pulled out the parchment with the stamp on it and turned it over, checking if there was a sort of map they could use to find the temple but alas, such was not the case. "I should probably mention... I've never actually been to this temple..." the ex-adventurer admitted bashfully. "Pardon...?" Niyol said while turning his unrelentingly cold gaze towards him. "I-i-i may have... stretched the truth about obtaining that stuff... just a bit..." the man said hesitantly, knowing how scythe happy Niyol was. "If you die on this trip, it's your own fault." Niyol said with little to no emotion in his voice. He looked about, thinking about how it might be best to fly up to give Mao alone time... or at least, away from Niyol time... "I shall fly overhead and alert you of any sitings." Niyol said to Mao, hoping she wasn't too terribly mad at him. He gave a slight running start before jumping. While mid air a pair of pure black, feathered wings manifested on his back and took the shirtless mage to the skies.

From the air Niyol was able to see across the barren expanse that is the forgotten desert. The air so high wasn't as dry as it was on the surface, and it was slightly cooler despite there being no shade. Niyol remembered his comrade wasn't as fond of the heat as he was, which wasn't all that fond at all, and figured a bit of cool would go a long way to prevent heat stroke. It took a bit of effort to cool the air around him down to an acceptable, but not frigid temperature; but once he'd accomplished the task Niyol sent the air to Mao and the not-adventurer. He continued flying above them, keeping an eyw out for the temple or a sign of it. 'While we're up here, what are your plans... you know, for that girl?' Altsoba asked, taking advantage of the momentary solitude. 'Which one?' Niyol asked, seeing as the context was ambiguous. 'Both of them.' Altsoba said, having changed her mind about inquiring about one at a time. 'If Mao turns on me I shall depart. Mr. Kazakov would be livid if I terminated his lover, or... pseudo-lover...' Niyol said, honestly questioning if Mao was even aware of those emotions in Dmitry. 'There's the possibility him, and his emotions were forgotten entirely, she did explain to you her... predicament before.' Altsoba said. 'Indeed. As for Miyuki, I'll give her a choice. Should she refuse to aid me I'll deposit her soul to the afterlife.' Niyol informed his demonic partner. 'How kind of you... oh mighty slayer of villages.' Altsoba responded, joking with the male. The jest only served to make Niyol dislike himself further, an emotion he wiped from his mind quickly so he could focus on the shifting sands.

MP: 116%

Effects:
    +2% MP Regen
    Can store 50% more MP
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 31st October 2015, 10:27 pm

The confession wasn’t highly surprising, but it was definitely unwanted. To have this man not only attempt to talk her ears off, but to hear that some (read: most, if not all) turned out to be little more than fabrication left her mood plummeting further. Sun high in the air and not a cloud in sight didn’t help either with this rising heat, even her usual methods to help deter some of it failing due to sheer sensitivity. At best Mao would have to settle for walking next to Nocshanks, letting the relatively tall beast help shade her. Riding something with such black fur however would only leave her uncomfortable, as tantalizing as the idea of riding might be – she already knew how gruesome it could be against his tough hide.

Before the woman could attempt a word of question Niyol sprouted wings mid-jump and flew up into the air. ’When did he gain such a trick?’ Before he’d ridden his wyvern…though the adorable and endearing creature no longer crawled amongst them. Perhaps later she’d inquire, instead settling for walking somewhat beneath the figure with her other two companions – one of which she opted to ignore for the time being. She couldn’t handle getting annoyed right now, and realizing they might have extra baggage than help almost ignited some small flame of a temper.

Briefly Mao entertained the idea of having Nocshanks scare him away…for his own good of course.

She might not be fond of the fellow, but that didn’t mean she wanted him to die either and this didn’t sound like a walk in the park. However much of the man’s exploits might be true the tailed woman couldn’t help worrying a little about his well-being in an obviously dangerous job. ’What is it about the ego that prods people into doing things possibly above their abilities? Did he wish for some sort of gratification of completing the collection? That can’t be it since he admitted it wasn’t all him…unless that meant a group effort? Or was it a heat of the moment, the challenge laid out by Niyol? Did he get caught up in the moment, does he regret it now? Or is he merely hoping/expecting things to not be as bad as described?’ Her mind went in circles, altering bits and pieces of the questions to create a multitude of possibilities, and each one mystified her more than the last.

”And yet one might wonder why you take them as well, should they not?” that kind voice intruded on her thoughts, shaking her from the jumbled mess so she might enjoy some of the suddenly cooled air surrounding them. ”There may exist beneath the ego a kind side that wishes to be of use for others. A side that will rise up to do what others cannot so that they might gleam some enjoyment from their short life expectancies. Others crave the adventure and the excitement of the unknown, seeking greater heights to surpass the last if only to find that bitter edge of their capabilities and where their life climaxes. Some merely want to see how close to the sun they may fly before their wings melt.”

Mao’s gaze followed his to spy Niyol up above, high enough they could almost imagine him a vulture circling them. ”I merely don’t want anyone to be burnt or fall if they don’t have too…”

Sad topaz eyes slid stare at the woman, ’You have never taken loss well…and I fear you never will.’ He wouldn’t burden her with his worries.

[595]
    [7]

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 31st October 2015, 11:11 pm

The air became slightly more frigid as Niyol landed, and several patches of ice formed as his bare feat touched the ground. He stopped using his magic to cool the air, knowing that the temperature would remain constant for some time. "I've spotted an oddly formed oasis ahead. It's possible that the temple lay somewhere under, or around it as the feature looks... synthetic to an extent." Niyol said to Mao, detecting a strange emotion about her aura. He ignored it, hoping she'd speak with Niyol even after his little stunt back at the museum. Turning his gaze to the false adventurer, Niyol said with a cold voice "What of you?" the query was asking what he wanted to do. "I... I'd like to come along... i-if you'll take me?" he said keeping his eyes to the ground. "I just hope I don't d-" "Death is not so horrendous as you people make it to be. For each soul deposited to the spirit world, another soul is returned. Your children, your parents, your very being is little more than a soul returned to this plane of existence. Even if you were to die here, your soul would never be destroyed... Only a guardian of souls can consume it, and only a demon can control it." he said with a calm voice, almost as if trying to put the man in a trance. "B-but I want my soul to stay here..." the man said in a whiny voice. "Then follow your tracks and return. There is only shame to those who believe it." Niyol's reply was true, and the man pondered it for a minute.

Niyol had walked ahead, trying to make sense of what he was to do about... 'her' and how he would deal with Mao if she tried to stop him from doing anything.'If it's that concerning, we could just kill the beast-girl... that sweater is still an option.' Altsoba said, offering a very tempting plan. 'No, it is not an option, nor has it ever been. Life is sacred, only to be forsaken for the cause of balance. Her soul must remain in this plane, should she perish I'll have no choice but to convert her into a familiar.' he replied. 'As for Miyuki... let us hope her affection still blinds her.' he added, preparing to bite the proverbial bullet as he approached the oasis, not bothering to look back to check on the others as he was too deep in thought. 'So the plan to kill the beast girl is-' 'permanently dismissed.' 'Geez... you might wanna watch out my dear, you're beginning to have a heart.' Altsoba replied, unhappy that Niyol was being more warm hearted to another woman than he was to her.
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 4th November 2015, 4:11 am

An oasis sounded lovely, though with the cooled air Mao already found some respite. ’Synthetic…so was it cultured or crafted I wonder…’ However her thoughts refused to stay locked on that as Niyol informed the man that the afterlife…might not be as bad as one initially believed. ’Yet there is still possibilities…if one becomes prone.’ Even death couldn’t be perfect, the thing eternally a venture filled with fear and sometimes pain. The notion of being ‘consumed’ or manipulated wouldn’t sit well with many people considering how avidly some sought to avoid it in life, in death – a realm relatively unknown to many – how could one hope to avoid it?

”If you fear death,” she sighed, her voice calm despite the earlier annoyances, Mao’s expression even soft in understanding, ”then you should leave now. Enjoy your life as you see fit…as long as it doesn’t involve harming others.” She bowed her head to the man, letting him ponder Niyol’s words before following her companion. It was hard to avoid tacking on the end piece, because while she believed one should live as they pleased she also believed in the sanctity of life and that it shouldn’t be toyed with so callously.

Approaching the oasis she could understand his description a little better. Some of the flora appeared natural enough – for as much as she understood desert climate and formations – but other parts looked warped in comparison or purposefully styled. Perhaps it was the flecks of magic she could sense off of them that helped create an ‘otherworldly’ feel beneath their visage, leaving her to wonder if they’d been plants manipulated or something else converted into a plant-like motif. However she couldn’t quite see the temple anywhere, leaving her to wonder if the entrance was merely hidden or perhaps…it lay beneath the oasis? ”I wonder if you’ll even be able to enter it with us.”

”If not I’ll guard the entrance with my life. If you truly need me down there then there will be no amount of brick or sand to prevent me from coming to your aid.”

”I’m touched…and yet saddened, as I feel this isn’t the first time you’ve said something along those lines.” She smiled ruefully at the beast, patting his thick neck and knowing Nocshanks could barely feel it beneath that thick hide of his. The look he returned offered a disheartening and yet no less endearing confirmation, leaving Mao to wonder how long they’d been working together. What created that strong bond between them, that intense loyalty he held? She wanted to ask, but the words refused to form vocally or loud enough through their mental connection to request the memory from the beast. The impulse always died before she could, perhaps some restriction she couldn’t bypass, the thought a little sickening as she recalled some of the memories the last job awarded. ’I suppose…I wouldn’t be surprised. I wonder…just how many of my choices, were actually mine?’ Reality had started to feel more and more like an illusion lately.

[508]
    [9]

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 4th November 2015, 7:57 pm

Niyol looked at the man following Mao's option. "However, if you fear death, but you wish to walk among its emissary, to fight alongside death, and to overcome your fear of it; I extend my hand to you. Should you perish, I give you my word that your soul will be placed in the better parts of the Spirit World." he said with a blank, almost mesmerizing voice. "W-well.. I..." the man began, weighing his options. Niyol turned to him, extending a hand to the man whom he'd known held no magic, or combative ability. "You have my word as the Guardian of Soul, that I'll not permit you to perish easily." he said with confident, honest, dead purple eyes fixated on the man. The man looked at Niyol, thinking of how long he'd lied to people by boasting about doing things he'd never done. How long he wished he could go on an adventure, but was held back by his lack of fighting prowess, and inability to pay for a bodyguard. The doubts came across his mind, wondering if Niyol would honestly protect him, or let him die so he could consume his soul. Despite the doubts, the constant whirling thoughts of him dying immediately bursting in his head, the man felt his arm stretching out and clasping Niyol's hand. "I'm Fyore... Fyore Jhon." he said, surprised at what he'd just agreed to. Niyol had a slight, creepy smirk on his face as he clasped the hand in return "I am Niyol, the Chief of Souls. I'm honored to be in the presence of such a brave outlander, Sir Jhon." he said, his voice bearing a hint of pride in the man.

With that bit of business over with, Niyol looked around at the oasis. It was blatantly man-made in some sections, but showed no sign of having anything more than what was on the surface. It was then that Fyore had walked over to a rock that had a line running around the top and pressed his hand on it. The top opened like a jar, revealing a fist sized hole in the rock. He then reached his hand down the hole, making a sudden jerk and screaming loudly as something grasped his hand, biting it viciously. "Just kidding." he said after a few moments, and then grabbed something and turned it before pulling his arm out. Niyol's expression remained blank the entire time as he expected that kind of prank from the exact moment he saw the rock flip open. What he didn't expect was the sandy floor below the three of them to drop suddenly, allowing them to fall on some type of glorified slide from hell as they flew down a dark shaft towards who knows where. Niyol exclaimed "Oh shi-" at the beginning when the floor dropped, but after about ten seconds of sliding the surprise wore off, and he was just waiting for the ride to end in a sudden drop into a lava pit, or spike trap, or some other horrible death if it came to that. He'd be truly surprised if the slide ended somewhere that wasn't fraught with danger...

MP: 130% (+10% MP Regen on 5th post)

Effects:
    +2% MP Regen
    Can store 50% more MP
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 8th November 2015, 9:50 pm

Even the fear of death found itself assuaged beneath Niyol’s assurances, though it served only to increase Mao’s worries for the man. Did he at least have some experience? Or what about common sense? Sometimes it didn’t strike her quite as “common” as one might hope. Could he fight? Could he hide well or avoid blows decently enough? ’Even if his after death care has been assured for the most part…it would be nice not to lose anyone at all.’ It looked as though this would be a time for her to strive and prove herself if not improve in general.

However the man’s little practical joke was met with at first a “meep!” of worry from the girl, Mao’s eyes widening in shock. Before her mind could quite catch up and shove her into action to help the soul though he admitted he was, “just kidding.” Even as the short woman glared at him – though it was more a frown of disapproval by most standards – Nocshanks managed to hide his snort of laughter. As far as he cared if the man decided to shove his hand into something willy nilly then he could live with the consequences, but as far as jokes went…it’d been mildly entertaining. The floor dropping out from beneath the three humanoids however prompted a small roar of shock and worry from the beast, his head following them yet the sheer girth of his body preventing the companion from following them down the slipper road of wonder.

A surprised shriek escaped from Mao, the first truly loud noise she’d likely made in some time. It couldn’t be helped, the suddenness of the action and the abrupt reaction of gravity creating that plummeting feeling in her stomach evoked the immediate sound. She ceased after those first few terrifying seconds, changing to wincing and groaning at the uncomfortable ride down as some of the sands followed them and created an uncomfortable scratching sensation all the way down and worse – she knew the damnable grains would all but cement themselves to her tail.

Cleaning after this job would be hell.

When they finally landed, the fall somewhat cushioned by sand…and the fact she’d somehow ended up in the back ensuring the tailed woman landed on top of at least a certain Mr. Jhon – Mao both groaned and sighed: at least it was done. Gently getting off the man who’d served as a landing cushion Mao peered around in the dark before summoning one of her emeralds and using it as a pseudo-torch, bathing things in a green light and realized…

”Snakes…a lot of them.”

Perhaps it’d been the sudden intrusion that caused the lot of them to cease, but as things settled down the hoard began its movement and hum of hissing as they circled or laid about the room. While they didn’t send her into a jittery fright, Mao didn’t like the notion of being bitten and possibly poisoned or swarmed by them, her tail curling around her body as if to both ward them off and discourage them from biting the large appendage. If it wasn’t hanging out there like a tantalizing target them perhaps they’d leave her alone…

”Are you all right?!”

”Fine, just surrounded by a spot of unpleasantness…we’ll be fine though, I’m sure of it.”

Somehow.

[556]
    [11]

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 10th November 2015, 7:07 pm

"I would have imagined something far more grim to be our destination..." Fyore said inquisitively, as if the current situation wasn't the worst possible. "Between the two of us, whatever situation you'd imagine to be worse than a room of venomous serpents; I would prefer being in it." Niyol said with a blank voice, not portraying any sign of truly being afraid. He looked around, noting that the snakes were in a near perfect circle around the group, and that none dared to try and get closer. "Tell me Mr. Jhon; why is the snakes do not attack?" Niyol asked with a cold, but curious voice. "Presumeably, if the book I... um... borrowed my tales of adventure from, is correct; they can't." he replied. Niyol ignored the fact that he'd stolen credit from another person, and skipped to asking about it. "So this is actually safe?" his voice came out slightly confused, still unable to look past the rattling tails, and bared fangs. "Somewhat, you see it's actually a tile puzzle. According the the book, you must step on the guardian stones to pass safely; if you step on the wrong stone, the barrier placed on the snakes fangs will be removed. Meaning their bites would then be highly lethal, but for now they can still bit it just won't kill you." he said nonchalantly. "Very well, lead on." he said, gesturing to the ring of snakes.

Fyore stepped forwards nervously, noting the snakes backed up when he stepped on a pressure plate that had the head of a bird on it. He looked around for the next plate, slowly, nervously moving to it. Each place was no bigger than the pads of each person's foot, being they were about 3 inches on all sides that is. After much sweat and nervousness, Fyore Jhon was able to step on all the correct pressure plates, and wound up at a door leading to a corridor. Niyol allowed Mao to go first, figuring if one of the snakes took a nip at her he'd behead it before the fangs would have a chance to penetrate. This would be possible as he said "dance" under his breath, causing a piece of the white sword he carried at his waist, opposite his black one, to turn to a fine powder. From behind, Mao shouldn't be able to see the few bits of snow-like blades, but they were just enough to cut through a couple snakes should they get too cheeky. Upon reaching the other side, Niyol would state "Perhaps my expecting of a Lava floor was worse than the snakes..." with a thought induced voice. "Oh no, not this far up. According to the book the lava pit's waaaay down the line!" Fyore said in an unworried voice. "Perhaps I should remain silent about my expectations of this place..." Niyol stated, unamused by the fact that there was actually a Lava Pit.

MP: 132%

Effects:
    +2% MP Regen
    Can store 50% more MP
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 16th November 2015, 1:09 am

Being bitten didn’t sound pleasing, but the lack of poison was certainly a welcome revelation. If they didn’t aggravate the reptiles though they could probably get away without incident as long as they moved along this path…somehow. Even if he stole the credit from someone at least the man had the tales memorized by heart, and if this so happened to match those books – which it very well might be – then the man’s company just became far more valuable.

The fact Niyol decided she could go next almost warranted a frown if she hadn’t been so nervous. However her eyes hadn’t left the other man’s feet as he moved about the room and took note of each rune. If he’d messed up then at least she could avoid that one, hoping that the barrier would only break for one person rather than the group as a whole. It was either that or go on some sort of slaughtering spree of the snakes… Once on the other side she breathed a sigh of relief, noting that nothing had nipped at her even if some of the snakes increased their hissing when she came a little too close for their liking. It wasn’t her fault though and she spared a moment for a dark thought, ’I hope whoever designed this room died a horrible death.’

She outright groaned at the casual mention of a lava pit, annoyed that the joke turned out to be real, never mind Jhon’s uncaring ways about it. How could one not worry about that? ’Perhaps there’ll be some sort of cooling mechanism…runes or some such to keep the person at a comfortable temperature unless they step wrong?’ It was a vain hope as, but she couldn’t help asking a bit about it, ”I don’t suppose there’s a way to avoid that entirely? And…would the writer of the book perhaps have mentioned other tidbits about this place? Like who created it, perhaps some clue to how their technology worked or…some other things? Are the next series of rooms going to be increasingly horrible?” By now she’d at least remembered to unfurl her tail from her body, but more and more it sounded like they’d be going into some dark depths of a strange and questionable temple. What exactly were the people trying to protect here? Why did people create these places for things of power or they considered holy? Some part of Mao couldn’t help pondering over such, sure that if people really didn’t want others to get their hands on them…shouldn’t they simply destroy them?

’But I suppose they treasure them at the same time so they couldn’t bear to do that…even if it seems like the easier option in the long run. Then again some stories have it so the object can’t be rightfully destroyed either, the power merely contained….as long as this IS actually some artifact and not a powerful and evil entity we’re about to unleash…’

[494]
    [13]

Chesha carried out 2 launched of one Monster Dice :
    Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] OdAaNwh , Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] OdAaNwh

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 19th November 2015, 8:44 pm

Walking forwards from the room filled with snakes, Niyol used his thump to press against the guard to his Tamashi Reitoko, showing just the slightest bit of the blade and allowing the few bits released previously to return to their whole form. "Of course it can be avoided, but the book didn't mention how..." Fyore said to Mao, regarding her question on whether or not the lava pit could be circumvented. Niyol looked ahead of them and a massive room with several craters strewn about. The walls were decorated with skeletons, held in place with spears, swords, and arrows. Bodies littered the floor, either in the form of ashes or shattered bones. In the middle of the room was a symbol of a set of old scales with bow-like shape where the actual holders for the scales were. Niyol's eyes grew narrow, irritated, and his overall aura became quite unhappy. "As for the origins of this place; it belongs to the Tribe of Sands. Or it did until they tried to plunge the world into chaos." Niyol said, answering Mao's next question. "Which means their weapon is either in these ruins, or in the museum. Or more troublesome, stolen which means I have to go hunting for bandits..." he added with a somewhat troubled voice, the look in his eyes at any but the first possibility gave off that he wasn't too thrilled to be here. "Had I known this was out destination; I would have asked for some explosives to bury this place with." he said, and began walking down into the room. "By chance, would you be from here?" their now welcomed guest asked. "No. But I know someone who was." he said while walking down a set of narrow stairs to part of the room strewn with bodies. "Naturally he's dead now." he added, giving no signs of remorse. "So, you've been here before?" Fyore asked, hoping to gain valuable knowledge. "No. This battle took place around the time I was born. The person I knew was nearly a hundred and eighty, give or take a decade or two..." He said said, passing a skeleton who's skull was permanently embedded to a wall with a massive metal spike. "From what I know, which is limited, this battle began because this tribe attempted to over-throw all the others, simply because they had the power to do it. Hundreds of battles ensued, with each battle they were forced further back into their own territory. Once they were all bunched up here, the final battle occurred." Niyol stopped, pointing to a marking on the floor. The marking was a perfect outline of an infant, surrounded by scorched grounds like those at the site of a nuclear blast. "No-one was spared." he said bluntly. A pair of trap doors opened from the sides of the room and from each a single beast jumped out. "Did that book mention this?" Niyol asked while staring at the razor sharp teeth of a large cat, noting it was made mostly of sand. "Don't you know how to get past them peacefully!?" Fyore asked. "I told you, I've never been here before. But I know how to get past them, it just wont be peaceful..." he said while drawing his thorn of betrayal. His eyes flew wide open as a third trapdoor opened below his feet, sending him into an abyss; and leaving Mao to fight the leopards alone.

MP: 134%

Effects:
    +2% MP Regen
    Can store 50% more MP
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 24th November 2015, 10:40 pm

While they may not have been the first to enter this place it would seem they were the first in a fair while given the state of the remains. ’Though their purpose for entering will remain a secret…I can only hope they went quickly.’ Pitying them their abrupt ends here, Mao didn’t spare too much thought as it’d been a long while, and not all of them might’ve entered with good intentions. Something caught the scarred man’s attention however as his aura changed, and he surprised both of his companions with his knowledge of the place. Knowing her as well as he did the man launched into a small explanation rather than leaving them in the dark.

Jhon asked a fair question, though Mao had no time to correct him as the man in question did so, the following statement leaving a small and cold feeling in Mao. ’Were they naturally long-lived or did he find a way to prolong the inevitable?’ No reason was given as Niyol moved on with his story, pointing out a sign to them just before a pair of trap doors opened. She found it a bit of a letdown that he didn’t know more, impressed with his knowledge otherwise of the people, but if only he or perhaps the person who’d read the book knew more about this place…they could’ve avoided the third trap door that suddenly separated the group.

”Get back and watch your step,” she growled at the normal fellow, donning her pair of gauntlets and taking on a defensive stance. Her attention focused on the slowly creeping duet as they sized her up, and the last thing she needed right now was to worry about stumbling into him or one of them pouncing. One of the sand crafted beasts stopped and snarled, baring pointed fangs, yet the brother chose to leap first at the signal. Mao dashed forward, shoving her claw-covered hands into the underbelly and tossing it aside, letting the thing smash into some of the decrepit remains of adventurers and looters past. Dust flew up, causing the second beast to slow its charge for a second and providing the tailed mage the opportunity she needed as the broad side of her large tail slammed into the head and forced the beast to the ground. Jumping, she kept the extra limb pressing down against the beast as she landed on it, digging the claws between the haunches and pulling outwards.

Magical energy radiated off of them, likely what kept the sand together and resisted her attempts to simply tear the limbs from the beast, though it proceeded to howl in anger or pain – she couldn’t tell – regardless. The constant flailing made things a little tougher to stay on even as she used some of the movement to gain further leverage. In the end she could only manage to break off one of the legs before the other finally pulled free of the wall’s spikes, the limb turning into little more than a sandy mess on the ground as it became disenchanted. ’If only I could get at their cores, but they’re probably held within the chest cavity…there must be something somewhere however holding them together…and many more.’ She hissed back at the beast as it roared at her, the woman worried in the back of her mind on how many more must be roaming the halls.

[568]
    [15]
    [2/10 Rolls]

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 24th November 2015, 11:16 pm

Niyol would have had the wind knocked out of him had his head not been torpedoed into the sand, having his chest half buried with it and his legs sticking straight up. He wriggled frantically, kicking his legs and twisting his abdomen until the sands shifted enough for him to move his arms. The Niyolflower, the rarest of all flowers in the desert then pressed his hand leaves against the ground and plucked himself, revealing a sand covered head with a rather unamused expression as it spat out sand. "I now understand why these people were wiped out..." Niyol said under his breath as the sands immediately dropped from under him into a black hole. A single moment of being suspended mid-air as the blank, annoyed expression immediately formed on his face, and Niyol was back to falling through the dark abyss. At first, it was nothing but a simple slide as the circular tube was rather smooth, but a few moments later Niyol felt his face slam into a wall as the tube took an abrupt, near ninety degree turn downwards. He would have felt less injured if not for the fact that his face kept the rest of him glued to the smooth surface for several moments, which felt like an eternity as he waited to begin falling again. Dropping down to the slide system below, Niyol landed on an old crate that shattered as his back hit it, the wooden pieces acting as a sand version of a snowboard, allowing him to slide to the end without his ass turning into shredded cheese. A hole at the end shot Niyol out, causing him to slam spread eagle into the other wall of a narrow room, landing on his knees. Unable to think of how this could go wore, he felt several pieces of the wooden crate he'd broken slamming into the back of his head. He felt truly injured when the hilt of his white katana, Tamashī Reitōko came next, sending his forehead into the wall. As he turned around, expecting the Thorn of Betrayal to come afterwards, a red line was marked as the broad side of the sheath impacted the front of his face, sending the back of his head into the wall behind him. He picked up his weapon, trying to get himself calmed down before he voluntarily let his demon take control and lay waste to something. After adjusting the white sash at his waist, Niyol got up and placed his weapons in their proper holders, followed by turning his head at the sound of sand moving in rhythm. 'Now that you're done playing grab-ass with the wall, should we take care of that?' Altsoba, the Demon of War said to Niyol, holding back the barrage of laughter at the sight of her vessel getting annihilated by a single trap.

HP: 225
    MP: 136%

Effects:
    +2% MP Regen
    Can store 50% more MP

Ninetails Derpfox carried out 2 launched of one Monster Dice :
    Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] OdAaNwh , Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] R2fEWNz
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 2nd December 2015, 10:04 pm

The loss of a limb hadn’t made the one beast any easier: if anything it only enhanced the artificial anger in it. In some regards it lost mobility, each pounce requiring a bit more leverage and effort to recover from, yet the thing kept up a near constant onslaught of charging and lunging for her, already quite good at using the single foreleg for balance. Combined with the other constantly swatting, charging, and attempting to sink some hardened sandy fangs into her hide and it kept the tailed woman dancing. She hissed here and there whenever they skimmed across their marks, pants and shirt sporting a few slash marks even as they’d managed to get her tail a time or two and cause some minor bleeding.

Through it all Mao managed at least her one goal: keep them away from Jhon. The man, as far as he’d revealed, couldn’t really fight – at least such was her impression. He wasn’t the savvy and “amazing” adventurer he originally portrayed himself back at the museum, having stolen the tales from a book (or maybe a series of books, who knew at this point). Rather than dangle him as a tantalizing target however she kept up her dodging, moving the fight further and further from his hiding spot. Gods knew if the man wouldn’t give himself away one way or another, and the Sabertooth mage really didn’t want him to try and play the hero part only to get mauled either. ’If I can at least keep them away then he won’t get needlessly hurt.’

As the three-legged sand beastie charged yet again Mao spied her opening and grabbed that very limb, use leverage to swing it and fling the beast into its charging pack mate, sending the two skittering away. Breathing any sighs of relief would have to wait however as she charged the duet and with a mighty war cry thrust one of her gauntlet clad hands into the same beast she chucked, hand gripping the solid sphere inside and yanking her hand free of the howling beast. Within seconds she watched its form dissipate, melting over its partner in a shower of free and soft sand.

She’d forgotten to account for the sudden open space between them.

It lunged with a fearsome snarl and knocking the woman backwards. The crystal mage also couldn’t predict the sudden plunking of pebbles against its noggin from one idiot, the irksome man calling out to grab the beast’s attention away from her, and unfortunately it seemed to be considering it. Yet worse still Mao felt a plate shift beneath her backside, a nearby wall rumbling as something else found its freedom. ’I don’t know who I dislike more right now, fate, the people that built this place, or that man….I hope Niyol’s having an easier time wherever he’s fallen too….hopefully not the lava pits.’

[480]
    [17]
    [3/10 rolls]

Chesha carried out 1 launched of one Monster Dice :
    Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] OdAaNwh

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 4th December 2015, 9:11 pm

Niyol stood up and walked through the doorless entrance to a much larger room. It wasn't nearly as grande as the room littered with skeletons, but it was still about the size of the average football field and about as tall a a 3 story apartment without the different floors blocking his view. A pair of light brown figures rushed past Niyol and into the room he'd just exited. Turning around, they looked exactly like the pair of sand leopards Mao was facing back before he fell into that trapdoor. They seemed to be hiding behind the walls, only sticking their heads out enough to look beyond the shirtless mage, to the other end of the field. Across the room, flying towards Niyol was a swarm of rather agitated seeming insects. He looked back at the leopards, noting a pair of collars about their necks with the words "Itari" and "Itani" written on them. 'Pets? These things are old but still so fast...' Niyol thought. "You two better not kill me after this." Niyol said to the frightened cats. He slowly drew the white blade from his waist. The two cats focused their eyes on the gleaming weapon and backed up further knowing exactly what it is, and fearing its power. "Dance..." Niyol said while making a slow, swinging motion with the katana. "Tamashī Reitōko." he added, the blade began dissipating; turning into a single line of levitating white powder. The blade was completely gone when the swinging motion ceased, and at that moment the white line erupted into a huge cloud of white dust the swirled about Niyol. He swing his hand as though he was nonchalantly swatting a really slow, retarded fly and the cloud of white power flew forth and eradicated the swarm of locusts all at once. He then made a motion as if he were flicking a blade, as the motion finished the white dust vanished and the katana was again in his hand. He sheathed his sword, making sure to do so by tradition and saluted the weapon at the guard. "FWAH!" he shouted as the force of four paws, slamming him to the ground was felt. His face impacting the ground smoothing out the red mark from his blade smacking him, causing his entire face to be red. Niyol quickly turned around to try and at least injure one of the two leopards, but instead he was greeted with their rough tongues rubbing his cheeks. 'They're made of sand... but their tongues are wet...' was Niyol's initial thought. He then sat up properly and felt their noses poking at him, followed by the rest of their heads rubbing against him. As the fact that he wasn't being eating right now began to slowly sink in, Niyol gently lifted his hands and began stroking the sand leopards heads with a bewildered look on his red, throbbing face.

HP: 200
    MP: 138%

Effects:
    +2% MP Regen
    Can store 50% more MP

Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] OdAaNwh , Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] NXDHjfc
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 7th December 2015, 5:55 am

Agitation ran rampant through the beast as he charged about, desperation growing with the passing minutes. ’There’s got to be another entrance around here somewhere…’ At first he’d merely been pawing and sniffing around, though the last person to wander here hadn’t been for a fair while, and unfortunately he couldn’t fit down the same trap door of a slide that swallowed up the rest of the party. A bit anxious for sure, but little by little that creeping, niggling sensation began to tickle the back of his neck and forcing the mane get that “standing ramrod straight” feeling. Even their link gained a strange hazy feeling, like a static fizzling in the background of his head.

However when a familiar scent wafted past from upwind his blood began to chill with worry, knowing the woman wouldn’t come so close to revealing herself without good reason. Paws thudded against the ground as his pace increased, meeting her all the sooner as the woman honed in on his position.

”What the hell is happening?!”

Frantic screamed from every pore of her body as the figure’s eyes bore into his. The pair of dark, almost black feline ears atop her head twitching as the thick, bushy tail swished from side-to-side. Short, black hair normally well-kept found itself a bit frayed and out-of-place in lieu of growing concerns and current events. ”Her bio signals are going off the charts, never mind the brainwaves! I’m not even sure how to begin describing it, I’ve never seen things change out of the norm this drastically! Even when she strays from the safe parameters it’s never been this extreme…” Towards the end her voice began to tremble, visible tremors shuddering through her entire frame.

”Then find me an ENTRANCE!” he roared, the force knocking the feline woman backwards, shocking her out of the encroaching stupor of fear.

”A-ah…ye-es, an…entrance..” Waving a shaky hand in the air, small iridescent panels appeared, the woman quickly pressing through a few sequences as she took a deep breath, ”There’s only one in your size, but it’s not too far from here. After you enter you’ll need to go this way…”

Nocshanks growled, none too pleased at the sight before him. With the help of Chesha he’d managed to finally gain entry only for things to stir up from the sands, and steal time from a potentially time sensitive case. ’Hold on a little longer…’ He lowered his head, consciously trying to protect the case dangling from the newly attached collar.

What to do, what to do, what to do?!

The thought cycled through her brain, stuck in the tornado of incoherence as she kept the newer, more “fresh” playmate pinned beneath her. The other one unfortunately broke, their playtime perhaps getting…a little out of hand. ’Who knew if I pulled off enough pieces it’d all fall down~’ she’d thought in sing-song. She didn’t very much care for the taste however, sand just…well….sand. The one beneath her however continued to try and claw it’s way free, yowling as she jabbed her metallic claws into its haunches. ”Do you suppose magical sand tastes any better? Hee, if only you tasted like freshly crystalized sugar!” she purred into its ear, readjusting the pressure of her tail against the back half of the magically imbued beastie as it tried to wiggle free again.

”Please don’t disappoint, I’m feeling a little….famished right now.”

[571]
    [19]
    [5/10 Rolls]

Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] R2fEWNz , Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] R2fEWNz

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 8th December 2015, 2:59 am

Niyol gently pushed the leopards away and began getting up. The larger of the two, Itari, gently grabbed his hand in its mouth and pulled to help him up. He patted its head and began walking to the other side of the room but made it no further than the middle before the sound of shifting stone beneath his foot was heard. The sudden sinking feeling he left foot had was graced with only a rather annoyed look in his eyes before Niyol looked down and saw a one foot by one foot square (give or take some inches) being depressed by his left foot.  One hundred and one massive, rectangular prism shaped stoned ejected from the ground along the perimeter of the room. "Well..." Niyol said with a displeased voice. The fronts of the boxes were launched forwards, revealing a single human with a jackal for a head with their arms crossed over their bodies. In on of their hands were a khopesh and the other a sickle. Their eyes lit up, glowing a dark blue color as they walked out of their containers and stood in place. "...fuck." Niyol said, finishing his previously started sentence. A single one of the jackal headed men walked up to Niyol, wielding a sickle like weapon with an extremely long handle; almost as long as Niyol's Scythe of Betrayal. Niyol immediately drew his black blade, the Thorn of Betrayal, and flicked his wrist. The blade morphed into its scythe form without needing him to command it to do so. Niyol glared at the jackal man as he made his approach, prepared to cleave him in half at the moments notice. The man stopped just three meters away from Niyol, well in reach of the massive scythe. He stared at the white blade at Niyol's waist, and then turned his blue glowing gaze to meet with Niyol's purple, dead, cold, lifeless eyes. "So you are its new master? We... no, I will test your worth. Defeat me, and you'll have my unit at your back. Lose, and the tribe of sands will claim your blade." the jackal man said. Niyol's eyes grew further annoyed. "Records said the sand people were killed." Niyol said, his voice sounding agitated. "No. Defeated, but not killed." the reply rang true, Niyol finally realized he'd made a grave error when he told Mao they were wiped out. He looked around the room, trying to figure out if these were the same tribe of sands, or if it were some people who confused themselves for it. He knew the place was originally owned by a much older, more powerful tribe that died out to plague. He knew the tribe of sands moved in, and built in continuation of the previous owners, so the same could happen here. But at the same time, these people could also be the very same ones that were said to be gone. He shook his head, wiping the confusion out and grabbed the pole of his scythe with both hands. Shifting one of his feet back and angling the weapon, Niyol prepared to enter combat with his opponent. "If I win, you forfeit your tribe's weapon in that case." he said with a cold voice. His challenger nodded with a smile on his canine face, entering the same combative stand as Niyol. 'Dammit, this won't be easy...' Niyol thought, knowing the only ones who used that stance were the ones who'd trained for years to use it.

MP: 150%

Effects:
    +2% MP Regen
    Can store 50% more MP
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 14th December 2015, 2:13 am

”Ugh, sand everywhere…I hate sand.”

All the flicking of her tail wouldn’t rid the woman of the particles, the fine grains unfortunately rather clingy much to the mage’s ire. As soft as they now felt with the third beast little more than a pile the innate ability to get anywhere and everywhere one didn’t want it was the other half to Mao’s dislike of deserts, the primary half being the heat. She caught herself though, about to lick some of the sand from her hand, unconsciously likening it to the blood of her kill. It was an odd existence at that moment, some portion of the girl’s mind remaining and crying out to stop, yet that other half usurped control, the side that hungered for so many things it couldn’t begin to decide where to start!

’Perhaps food…something tantalizing, something delicious. But not him,’ turning her head slightly as if sensing someone might be there, she snorted lightly under her breath when a small “eep!” escaped the man and he hid further. ’I can already taste the fear let alone smell it. Well…no matter…’ Let the man believe himself a tantalizing target, she considered him little more than emergency rations if nothing better could be found.

”You’re letting the hunger get the best of you, child.”

A nagging voice tickled the back of the woman’s mind, but she paid it little heed as she continued forth towards a closed door.

”You’re still chasing the rabbit.”

Stone blocks filled the panel save for one open spot. Grinding stone broke the silence as she moved one of the squares, testing if they would even shift after so long and with possible grit and sand clogging them, but it wasn’t nearly as bad as initially speculated. The sound became unceasing as one-by-one the mage continued to slide them around, slowly but surely creating a replica of the tribe’s symbol, as well as something else encompassing it. The other lines didn’t make a lot of sense, but with the starting point she could line up the stone panels well enough. It was just a matter of scooting them along.

”If you don’t kill it, it will rot within you….it’s already causing you to-“

’Quiet. I’m plotting things puppy. Disembodied voices should know better than to distract when trickery is afoot.’

Finally the “mutt” had been put in his place – or at least realized that reasoning wouldn’t work at this time – and seconds later she heard that satisfying “click” noise as some mechanism began to churn. The world shivered beneath her feet as the doors ground against the floor, slowly opening with a haze of dust taking their place. Really, Mao supposed it could’ve been suspenseful had a handful of bugs not come skittering through, one of them dying swiftly beneath a booted foot. She had all the time in the world, just a touch of impatience for the ancient effects right now after the incessant hounding.

A very toothy grin spread across the woman’s face.

’Zing~’

[504]
    [21]
    [5/10 Rolls]

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 14th December 2015, 2:57 am

Niyol's gaze shifted momentarily as he saw the other beings with slightly less opulent jackal heads moving around to stand equidistant from each other in a rectangular shape. "Worry not. Though we've long since been ejected from the compact we still retain the rule that all duels, unless otherwise agreed on are one on one. They'll stand guard, and prevent anything from interrupting us." Niyol's opponent said, his voice deep and powerful. Niyol fixed his eyes on the opponent, waiting for him to make the first move. His opponent, knowing the Tribe of Souls were renown in their time for their men being able to go months without food, and achieve a near perfect connection with nature while under those conditions figured Niyol wouldn't attack. He charged in, keeping the blade end of his elongated sickle behind him. As his approached, the blade was swung with as much force behind it as the well experienced man could muster. Niyol, having anticipated the first attack to be an attempt to gauge just how much he could take; as well as an attack from below, he spun his scythe, blocking with the side of the massive blade as it slid into the hooked shape of the sickle. He felt his weapon behind to pull up as the jackal man tried to confuse him by first lifting his sickle, and then dropping it down to get it loose. Niyol willingly lifted his scythe and began spinning while also moving around his opponent, dropping lower to the ground while doing so. The jackal faced man jumped, spinning to face Niyol as he pushed the sickle outwards in an attempt to get it behind Niyol's neck.

Ducking, Niyol felt the blade grazing the tips of his hair as it flew past when his opponent pulled it inward. Several locks of black, shiny hair flew from the back of his head where the sickle should have hit. While the weapon was moving past, Niyol took the opportunity and quickly spun around making it look as though he were going for an attack from below. Instead he tilted the angle of the scythe head, and swung at his opponent's weapon. Not expecting for his opponent to go for a tactical choice, while knowing full well that he himself was seemingly open, Niyol's opponent was unable to react in time, and as a direct result the pole of his weapon was impaled by the crimson colored gem like blade. Niyol pulled, arcing the blade while doing so and split the wooden pole all the way up its center, sending the sickle that was mounted on it flying. The head slammed into one of the other men with jackal heads, causing him to fly in the air and perform not one, but twenty backflips in the exact same spot before landing on his face. The khopesh he was holding was thrown into the air when he got hit, and unfortunately for him landed pointy end down, right in his anus. Had it not been for his rather thick clothing, he likely would have needed to have his shitter re-routed to his pisser.

MP: 152%
    Rolls: 4/10

Effects:
    +2% MP Regen
    Can store 50% more MP
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 18th December 2015, 11:52 pm

These things may as well have been overgrown fleas for all Nocshanks cared for them. Locusts seemed to encrust a couple of the surfaces of this room, flinging themselves about into the air with wild abandon when the canine’s heavy body came charging through. A handful crunched easily between those powerful jaws as the rest continued to flutter about, probably just as confused as the beast at the sudden surprise. Yet he couldn’t get bogged down in the things and let them hinder his path, the treatment necessary to return his master’s possible waning sanity back under control. He could feel that other presence nibbling at the edges as it did every so often when it perceived a weakening of the mind. While Nocshanks only had vague ideas on what it could be thanks to Chesha, more than anything he refused to let it rule Mao, the girl potentially already plagued by another suggestive mind, never mind the control her people liked to exert over all that they could.

A few more received debilitating and quite possibly lethal smacks with his waving tail, the powerful and muscled limb helping him not slam into a wall at every turn as he continued his charge, light blue streaks lighting up in his anxiousness to find the roaming woman. Nocshanks refused to stop even when a somewhat familiar – and annoying – voice called out, ignoring the man’s presence entirely. If he’d separated from the other man and Mao then so be it, he could wander about and figure his way through these obstacles. ’Must be something of a good sign, I doubt he’d wander too far from them.’

Another swarm smacked into his face, the annoyed beast growling deeply as again his vision became clouded with the obnoxious insects. A multitude were forced to greet the floor by way of massive paw, the rest smacked harmlessly (or not so harmlessly) away by those curved horns until the dark canine could again see beyond his nose. It ensured he wouldn’t trip like a fool on any of the fallen debris that once filled the holes in the walls and ceilings, an entire pillar requiring most clamber over it, though scooping it beneath the same pair of horns and a grunt to improve strength, he hefted the broken section out of his way. ’Just a little more,’ he surged with renewed vigor, sensing the woman nearby, ’Hang on a little more Mao. Don’t let them win.’

Stepping into the new room the woman’s tail swished through the air, a smile growing into a grin on her face. ”Hello lovelies, I’ve got plenty of time to spare for playtime, though…I’m not quite sure if you do.” What a shame, she really just wanted to find the toy at the end of the road, but one did have to stop and smell the roses here and there. Red, white, blue: it didn’t matter as the girl wasn’t in any particular rush aside for a minor dislike of the sandy theme of this place.

[507]
    [23]
    [7/10 rolls]

Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] R2fEWNz , Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] OdAaNwh

Ninetails Derpfox

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Ninetails Derpfox 20th December 2015, 1:21 am

The Anubis leader charged at Niyol with no weapon, a large smile on his jackal face as this fight was by far the most thrilling he'd ever had. Niyol had a slight smirk as well, this being the most challenging non-magical fight he'd ever been in. He brought his scythe down, holding no intention of withholding on such a fun enemy. His opponent brought up a wrist guard, catching the blade of the scythe as he spun and slammed Niyol in the stomach. The force behind it knocked the wind out of the mage, causing him to drop his scythe as he flew back. Niyol bounced several times, traveling ten full meters before he was able to adjust his center of gravity and bounce back to his feet. On his feet he still slid a few extra feet, kicking up a dust cloud in the process. As the dust cleared, Niyol was seen wiping a bit of blood from his forehead using the side of his arm. He wore a rather generous grin and began laughing as he charge his opponent. The sound of the fight filled the room as they traded blow for blow. Niyol having rammed his fist in the smiling jackal's face so hard that a knuckle shaped dent would remain for months. Likewise the jackal kicked Niyol so hard he felt the pain radiate to his balls. The adrenaline from the fight ran so high that neither could feel how badly they were being damage, all the meanwhile Niyol was building up shadow charges due to him taking so much damage. The two ceased fighting for only a few seconds, panting heavily as they looked at just how many bruises each's opponent had. A burst of laughter began being heard in the duel arena as both combatants found humor in their predicament. "So we are equal Chief of Souls!" the jackal said while laughing. "It appears so Guardian of Sand!" Niyol replied, giving an honest smile. "Then let's not waste each other's time on useless fist fights. You're skill with a blade is truly a force to be reckoned with, and for that I concede to you. As agreed, I'll forfeit our tribe's weapon without a need for force. Guard it in my stead." the jackal man said, placing his human hand on Niyol's shoulder. "I shall guard it even after my corpse is but dust in the wind." Niyol said, placing his hand on the jackal's shoulder. Both shared a very strong look, not that of enemies, but that of true men who understood each other and wanted to fight alongside each other. A sound was heard from the hall opposite from where Niyol came in, causing all the Anubis to turn towards it with their Khopeshes drawn. Well... all but one who was still trying to withdraw his weapon from his butt-crack.

HP: 25/300
    MP: 154%
    Rolls: 6/10

Effects:
    +2% MP Regen
    Can store 50% more MP

Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] OdAaNwh , Ohio Niyol: Raiders of the Lost Stick [Job] NXDHjfc
    Chesha
    Chesha

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Chesha 27th December 2015, 1:23 am

”Oh, you’re just in time my dear.”

Staring into bright magenta eyes, Nocshanks realized too late that another problem arose, one that the woman’s handler had been fearing for the past fifty years. They’d hidden the last sudden rise quite well and easily enough, considering those people were deemed worthless and wiped out anyways, but this time it’d progressed a little further. Again he found himself cursing those people and the odd artifact at hand inspiring life warping experiments. Unlike last time he couldn’t quite see a glimpse of Mao in this woman beyond physical resemblance, though even some of that paled as he could pick out a few rising rings lightening around her tail, the dark purplish tones no doubt wanting to give way to a matching vibrancy of those eyes.

Even her mannerisms showed a far more confident stance she normally avoided out of training and conditioning, to the point of mocking the sand leopard as it laid down like a cat ready to pounce. The face however spoke of a plea for its life as light, kitten-like mewls escaped from closed lips. Underneath her curled fingers sat the core of the cat’s very being, the orb of recycling magical energy glowing a dull, and dark blue, the intricate engravings a pitch black.

”Cheshi-“

”Oh don’t give me that look,” the otherworldly voice purred through Mao’s lips, eyes half lidded as a small smile stayed locked in place, ”I’m helping, I promise! I mean it’s not my fault that those herbivore genes dull her predatory capabilities! Besides I get to have a little fun in the meanwhile so win-win, right~?”

The magically crafted creature cried out in a mixture of fear and pain as the hand clenched around the glass sphere, a few cracks lighting up with a bright, sky blue sheen to them. The black canine’s snarling only seemed to amuse the ancestor further as she loosened her grip, appearing to drop the orb and allow the leopard to perhaps catch it. One sandy paw reached forward to reabsorb its very “heart” back into its body…to no avail. That shattering of glass as it slapped against hard, concrete-like walls echoed magnificently in the room as the possessed woman’s tail shifted back behind her, having stricken the thing in the blink of an eye. Bits of magical energy flew up to disperse in the air as the physical remains tinkled to the ground. Only now did he notice the plethora of destroyed bugs, the things smeared everywhere like a demented child’s drawing – no doubt another bit of “playtime” before the unfortunate sand creation showed up.

Huffing in anger, Nocshanks snarled before speaking – barely refraining from roaring at the odd entity, ”Remove yourself from her now or so help me I will find a way to the plane you walk and ensure you never step foot near her again.”

A wicked grin was all the answer she offered.

”Try me.”

[493]
    [25]
    [7/10 rolls]

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 6:43 am