Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Watering Hole (Job, Private)

ZhuFeng
    ZhuFeng

The First Kenpachi

The First Kenpachi

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Warrior's Heart
    Position : None
    Guild : Garou Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Master Zheng Mao
    Experience : 1287.5

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Requip: The Warrior
    Second Skill: Metamorphosis Magic
    Third Skill:

Watering Hole (Job, Private) Empty Watering Hole (Job, Private)

Post by ZhuFeng 1st October 2015, 11:37 am

Mission Details:

Zhu sighed as she sat inside of the bar that she and someone else were supposed to be guarding. She didn't really care about this job. She was going to do it of course, but beating up drunks was something she felt beneath her. Still she was hired to do a job and that meant she would see it done or die trying. Still she was going to get her drink on before she did it. At least it might give herself more of a challenge. She had just gotten back from her training session with her master, and it was a lot more than that. They caught up and learned more about each other. It was something she didn't expect to happen. After all her master had been much to himself for all of her life with him. Now he had opened up to her and she didn't know how to feel. Not to mention she was still trying to figure out what had actually happened to her blood brother Liu Bei.

With all these thoughts she grabbed her current pint of beer and chugged it down much to the whooping of a few desperate men around her. Of course Zhu didn't notice these things, and then she chugged another beer. It would have to be her last she didn't think her job partner would approve of her being tipsy and buzzed while on a job. In fact that reminded her of whom she was working with his name was Dmitry. She didn't know much about him, but she did know that he had been in Lamia Scale for awhile, and that he could at least hold his own. Still she had no idea what his magic was, or why he would even want her on a mission with him. Well whatever she wasn't all that worried about it in any regard. She would work with anyone.

The mission was simple enough, and it involved protecting this establishment and the amazing beer that the man had made and thus it was perfect. She was already in here now she was just waiting for her partner and the real mission could begin. How they would protect a bar that was still operational albeit only an hour or two from closing for the night.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Character Info:
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Player 
    Lineage : Glory of the Slayer
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Mentor : Hati
    Experience : 8952

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Nature spirit Invocation
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Watering Hole (Job, Private) Empty Re: Watering Hole (Job, Private)

Post by Benjamin 1st October 2015, 1:31 pm

In a village situated among the mountains south of the city of Era, there was a bar with a beer recipe that put all others to shame. Inside that bar sat a proud warrior of the Lamia Scale guild known as Zhu Feng and towards this bar walked a certain gray-haired mage, undaunted by the journey thus far.

Dmitry Kazakov yawned loudly as he walked through the village he had arrived in, ready for a nap. While the trip here wasn't anything he would call difficult, his sleep patterns had recently become even more displaced then they were before, if that was possible. Ever since the job in the ruins with Mei and Kateri, he'd been following up a lead on the unusual condition of Mao Nakiri, a close friend of his. That had left him holed up in Zuo's Grand Library for days, coming out briefly only for food. When the guild's master suggested he take some time to get a little fresh air and relieve stress, he had originally scoffed at the idea, finding his search to important. However, he soon realized he was most likely getting out of shape with the current lack of physical activity that had befallen him. That and the sun seemed to be getting harsher every time he stepped out to eat. Even if he did find a lead, he wouldn't be able to pursue it if his health was faltering.

And so, here he was, on his way to rendezvous with his partner for this mission, whom he knew practically nothing about. Apparently, she was supposed to be some kind of big-time warrior type, which could be good or bad for Dmitry depending on how things swung. Soon enough, he found himself in front of what he believed to be the establishment he was hired to protect. The summoner pressed through the door with a groan and began approaching the bar, his pinky finger digging around the inside of his ear. He then looked about the place and singled out the most out of place person he could find, a rule of thumb he learned for spotting mages. Sure enough, Dmitry quickly spotted someone at the bar who definitely stood out like a sore thumb.

The gray medium walked towards the person, sat down next to them, and gave them a slingle glance with his mismatched eyes. After that, he turned back to the bar and began to slowly lower his head until he was peacefully snoozing on it.
    ZhuFeng
    ZhuFeng

The First Kenpachi

The First Kenpachi

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ZhuFeng 1st October 2015, 9:10 pm

Zhu sighed as she waited in the bar trying to figure out where her partner was and when he would arrive. Still she was going to wait as that is what she was supposed to do. Of course while she was waiting some up jumped annoyance walked up to her and started to hit on her. "Hey there baby you come here often?" He asked smelling a bit drunk. This only pulled a groan from her. Zhu was physically a woman, but she was in mind and personality a man. So being hit on was nothing short of annoying as hell, and something she didn't have time for. She was going to just ignore him, but as he moved to touch Zhu the drunk man found himself on the floor his head ringing from his face being smashed against the bar his nose being broken, and he was a crumpled mess on the floor now.

Of course he had friends and he was taken out of the bar for medical attention. This attracted the attention of the owner of the bar who stood in front of Zhu frowning "What the hell?! You rough up my customers?!"
    Slowly the warrior turned her one eyed gaze up to the man frowning as she moved her left hand to the hilt of the blade on her hip "I will rough up anyone who annoys me. You'd better remember that. Now in order to safely secure your bar, and your beer when my partner get's here you need to clear out the whole damned place. We'll take care of whatever you need, but we need room to work, and I won't guarantee the safety of you or yours." she said with totality. That caused the man to shut up and leave.

Zhu sighed as she looked down at the bar shaking her brilliant Azure hair. It didn't take much longer for her to be approached by another man. This one was very different and Zhu knew him right away. She had seen Dmitry inside the guild hall. As soon as he sat down next to her she looked to the owner and he spoke "Everyone get out! We have to close early! You don't gotta go home but ya can't stay here!"

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Character Info:
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Benjamin 2nd October 2015, 11:29 pm

'You know, I think that's your cue to get up and do some actual work, boy.' Dmitry heard the voice of Hati, one of the nature spirits he commanded, from within his mind. 

'Ah come on, old man,' Dmitry complained through the link they shared. 'Can't I just sleep here for a bit?' 

'Oh, come now! Quit being so damnably lazy! Didn't you come here to do a job?' With that, Dmitry groaned and opened his eyes before pushing himself up off of the bar, wiping some beer off his face. This was going to be an irritating job, he could already tell. Unfortunately, the summoner couldn't even take a nap when he got back to Hargeon, seeing as he still had a lead to chase. 

Yep, this week sucked.

"Alright then, how've they been goin' about it so far?" Dmitry asked the bar owner, who in turn looked back in confusion before asking "What do you mean?" Dmitry rolled his eyes.

"I mean have they tried sneakin' in or tricking you, have they just come bargin' in through the front door?" He asked the man, his patience wearing even thinner than usual.

"Oh, uh, well they usually just barge in," The owner responded. "They're too drunk to try sneaking."

The mage sighed a bit; that made things a little bit easier. At the very least, it would be rather obvious when these assholes showed up at the bar, which meant he wouldn't have to keep an ear out or anything like that. That in mind, Dmitry got up and headed over to a corner booth that was off to the far side of the wall that held the entrance, keeping him fairly out of the line of sight of any goons busting through the door. It also had good seats to sleep on, as opposed to the bar stool he had been sitting on and the bar that had earlier cushioned his face.

"Well, if there ain't nothin' else I need to know about, I'm goin' back to that nap." He said as he got into the booth and propped himself up for said snoozage. "Wake me if you need me, but try not to need me if you can help it." 

'Way to contribute, boy.' Hati said, mocking Dmitry's distinct lack of effort before the young man drifted back to sleep.

(OOC: Sorry that took so long. And for the record, Dmitry's the only one who can hear Hati when he hasn't been summoned.)
    ZhuFeng
    ZhuFeng

The First Kenpachi

The First Kenpachi

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ZhuFeng 3rd October 2015, 12:28 pm

Zhu glanced over at her partner. His presence was very underwhelming and she wondered why he would even ask her to do this job seeing as he didn't seem to want to engage in it. When she had heard everything the bar owner had to say she then began to speak "Well that's good. At least they will try the direct approach so I don't have to worry about missing them." She stood up and watched Dmitry in shock and awe as she watched him walk over towards a corner booth and seem to fall asleep. However when he told her not to wake him up as he was taking a nap her eye widened and her aura pulsed.

She walked over to the booth and as she did she drew her family's sword Tessaiga flowing her magic into it to spark it's transformation. No sooner had he sat down than she brought the blade down cutting the table in half with ease the blade getting close to Dmitry, but not actually touching him as she spoke "Listen here! I agreed to take this job with you, but I will be damned if you think you're going to snooze through it and disgrace the Lamia Scale name like that! We are going to guard the outside of this bar. If we do that then I don't have to worry about damaging this place even more. It also gives us more room to work. Now you have two choices. Either act like a Lamia Scale wizard and get up so we can defend this bar from these drunks, or go to sleep and know that you will never be waking up from it. Because the Scorekeeper as my witness if you nod off and leave the job to me I'll cut your head off in your sleep!" she bellowed before she slapped the wooden debris from in front of Dmitry with her sword, before she stormed off outside looking around.

She was mad, and her temper was already running hot. She desperately hoped these drunks would show up soon and offer her a good fight. Thankfully they were already on their way.

Character Info:
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 3rd October 2015, 12:28 pm

The member 'ZhuFeng' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Watering Hole (Job, Private) NormalMonster
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Benjamin 3rd October 2015, 7:08 pm

Despite the ruckus his current partner was making, Dmitry's eyes opened only half-way and rather slowly at that. While she did seemed to have quite some power at her disposal, Zhu Feng seemed to be his ideal enemy, one who fights with their pride rather than their brain. Still, starting a fight with a guild member wasn't exactly on his agenda and regardless of what he did now, it wasn't likely that he would be getting that nap anytime soon.

'It seems she's that type, eh boy?' Hati said with an air of mocking, taking his usual sick pleasure out of Dmitry's suffering.

'Yep; it's gonna be one of those days...' 

The mage got up from his 'bed' and walked past the remains of the table that had somehow crossed Feng, making his way out the door.  "Alright, Brawny,' he said to the warrior as he walked out of the building. "We'll do things your way...for now." While he would prefer to avoid her bad side, he wasn't about jeopardize himself if her planned turned out a bit foolish. As he was thinking about this, some poor sod came stumbling up to the two mages. Well, at least he could take out his frustration over his most recent nap lost to date.

"Hey...guy with the hair...and the chick in the boobs, *hic*, you guys with that bar dude?" the drunk asked as he took a swig from a beer, seemingly frustrated that he wasn't answered immediately after he spoke. "HEY!...Didn't ya here me...I asked you question!" As he slurred his complaints, he began to raise a hand with some sort of black orb in it's palm. Before he could cast the first spell, however, Dmitry fired a smoke-like wisp that slammed into the mans fore head like a fastball on steroids, throwing his head up and causing him to stumble a bit. After that, the medium used his Arc of Destiny to teleport behind the drunken mage and thrust a fist into his right kidney before kicking hard into the fool's groin from behind him. As the darkness wielder dropped to his knees, simultaneously holding his back and crotch, Dmitry took his time walking in front of him and slammed his foot into the agonized man's now lowered face, sending him onto his back.

HP: 200
    MP: 90%

Spells Used:
    ZhuFeng
    ZhuFeng

The First Kenpachi

The First Kenpachi

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ZhuFeng 4th October 2015, 12:08 pm

Zhu was still standing outside impatiently bouncing her sword on her shoulders. Which was fairly impressive given that the sword was bigger than she was. Still she was going to do it and that was that. She needed to work out some of her anger some way. When her partner came out however she seemed to relax a bit and smiled nodding her head "A wise decision." she said in a very matter-of-fact tone. She looked out towards the incoming intruder and wasn't surprised to see that he was drunk. Of course she didn't like being addressed as 'The chic with the boobs.'

She had already begun to walk forward when he demanded an answer to his irrelevant question. She didn't get very close to him however as Dmitry was already acting. She stopped right there watching how he worked his magic, and she had to admit that she was a bit impressed. He was fast on the attack, at least with this man, of course it was possible that he was itching for a fight as much as she was. Still she didn't bother helping him at all. He seemed to have it handled and she wasn't going to waste her time, or try and steal the voin points he was earning. As he smashed the mage in the kidney she couldn't help but laugh to herself. Of course he was going for something like that. Kidney blows, and other attacks to bring down an opponent without risking his death.

Well whatever his methods were his own, she wouldn't clean up after him, and if he left anyone alive that meant they were lucky and could try to gain more Voin points if they were worth the time. Finally, her partner seemed to end the fight, or at least bring it close to an end. She started to walk towards him, but stayed right behind him and far enough away that she could react to any potential attacks that would be thrown her way "Well, I suppose you get the points. Still since you handled this guy on your own then I'll handle the next one on my own. Would you care to finish it so we can be sure he won't attack us while we are dealing with his friends?"

MP: 95%

Character Info:
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Benjamin 5th October 2015, 12:10 am

Dmitry hadn't caught that last bit about finishing something as he was too busy heel-kicking the drunken goon in the face as he tried to get back up, knocking him out cold. "What's that now?" He asked the warrior after what he did hear caught up to him. "Points? I don't much get what you mean, but I don't care much about any points either. As for the next guy, you're free to have'em. Hell, take the whole lot of'em for all I care." Dmitry wasn't usually one for thrill seeking. After his time in the wild, he was generally satisfied with a warm belly and a nice place to sleep. 

Fully satisfied with his venting on the fool lying unconscious on the ground, he walked over to the building and leaned up against it, closing his eyes and crossing his arms. After a bit of time, his breathing seemed to become quite steady and he didn't seem to be moving much, if at all. It was an enormous contrast to the speed he showed in the earlier beat down. So calm and quiet. It was as if he was meditating or perhaps more likely...sleeping. Well, that's exactly what he was doing. Despite his upright position and the hard surface that made up the wall, Dmitry Kazakov was in fact sound asleep. Yes, when he wanted to sleep, he needed no fancy cushion, just something to press his back against.

As he drifted off to sleep, a memory of times past filled his dreams.

Flashback:

A young boy, around thirteen with gray hair and mismatched eyes, was rifling through the belongings of a now deceased highwayman who had foolishly thought that someone so young and meek couldn't possibly pose any threat, leading to the swift end that befell him. It wasn't long before the boy came across an odd, metal flask on the criminal's person.

'Hey, old man, what is this stuff?' He asked in his head, referring to the odd smelling liquid in the container. 

'Go ahead and try it, boy, see for yourself.' The spirit that had been watching over him thus far said, knowing full well what was inside the flask. Naturally, the boy listened to his teacher and drank of the strange stuff, only to spew it out in front of him and, subsequently, all over the dead highwayman. The display was met with raucous laughter from the wolf spirit, Hati. 

'I hate you, old man...'

End Flashback:
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 5th October 2015, 12:10 am

The member 'Dmitry' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    ZhuFeng
    ZhuFeng

The First Kenpachi

The First Kenpachi

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ZhuFeng 6th October 2015, 7:32 pm

Zhu sighed as she watched her partner lead up against the building. She was sure that he was already asleep, but she didn't care. It was her turn to actually deal with enemies, and she would get on with it. She turned and looked at the next mage she heard stumbling into view. She just sighed as she sliced her blade across the stone ground creating a spark that spread over her blade. The flames on her blade were blue in color and she moved towards the alcoholic mage. He seemed far to out of it to even realize what was happening to him, but that didn't matter to Zhu she would put him down for good. She was careful not to let her blade touch anything else once the flames had been caught on the blade itself, for if they touched anything she would lose the ability. Still she rushed forward as the alcohol smelling mage was trying to figure something out and actually attempt an attack.

Of course Zhu wasn't going to let him. She rushed him closing the gap between her and the mage. Her great blade slashed across the man's chest ripping it open very deeply, and to add to the insult and injury the blue flames surged across the blade and covered the alcoholic mage. Zhu didn't finish there however she stepped back just a bit and winds began to cover her blade. Once they had covered the entire length of her blade she slashed it in front of her causing 5 great claws of high powered wind magic to slash through the man. Only one of these actually missed, but still the other four were powerful and ripped through the mage. He was sturdy to be sure, but Zhu sighed as she simply stabbed the giant blade through his chest sinking him up to her furry guard.

She held her blade there until the man's breathing had ceased. It was done, and she pulled her blade from the man's chest and body letting it stay in its full form as she turned and walked towards her sleeping partner pushing him on the shoulder "You're up next there sleepy." she said loud enough and pushing him hard enough to actually force him to try and tip over.

OOC:
    HP 200
    MP: 85%

Spells used:
    Tessaiga: Wind Scar
    Flame Slash- D rank

Character Info:
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Benjamin 7th October 2015, 11:52 pm

"Guah?" 

That was about all Dmitry could get out as he was pushed off his center of gravity and thus woken from his peaceful slumber, sending him down to the earth with a loud thud and a complimentary groan that was muffled by the dirt. For a moment, he contemplated the idea of just lying there, maybe even going back to sleep like this. But then, his rather muscular comrade would not likely allow that, prompting the spirit wielder to push himself off of the ground and wiping the dirt from his face with annoyance in his eyes. As he got to his feet, Dmitry looked about the area.

"There isn't even anyone here..." He said with irritation in his voice, before looking at Feng. "Do you take pleasure in ruining naps?" His question sat somewhere between rhetorical and genuine. Dmitry then dusted himself off and headed back to his place against the wall, now fully awake. 

"So what, you one-o-them motivational, 'get up and go' types?" He asked, not really caring. He knew he wasn't going to sleep at the current moment, so finding a way to keep his mind awake and alert became necessary. However, this would fail him as he soon began looking up at the sky and ignoring whatever it was his partner had to say in response. His mind began to drift towards a subject that had been plaguing him all week and then some: Mao. The friend that had engendered strange new sensations in him that he wasn't aware existed at all. Recently he had found a lead on the memory loss that she had been suffering, namely a journal from one of the first Wizard Saints. As a result, Dmitry had been studying everything he could find on this mage, trying to verify anything he might have had to do with this phenomenon. Strangely enough, it seemed that this line of though was driving him to open his mouth again.

"Hey," he said to the warrior. "You ever had a friend that made you feel...funny?" As one might tell, Dmitry wasn't exactly poetic. "Like everything just kinda stops and...get's all...jumbled up 'n stuff?"
    ZhuFeng
    ZhuFeng

The First Kenpachi

The First Kenpachi

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ZhuFeng 8th October 2015, 1:34 am

Zhu smiled as she watched her comrade go over face first into the dirt. That was what he got for sleeping around on the job. As he got up and asked his half rhetorical question she simply nodded her head lightly "When there is a job to be done. Don't worry as soon as it is over I won't interrupt another nap of yours." she promised holding up two fingers in a signal that meant she promised. Still she leaned against the wall gently letting her blade rest in front of her.

Her partner asked another question and she smiled softly shaking her head "Not really. I just want this job to be finished, and I want to earn more Voin points. That's pretty much my main goal in life is to earn Voin points so I may be counted in history as one of it's greatest warriors." she said softly to mostly herself seeing as how he wasn't listening to her. Still she didn't seem to notice this little fact, and she seemed to think even more about it now in her own private thoughts. Of course as she was scanning the horizons for any sign of a foe she didn't realize that he hadn't been listening to her until he asked his question. She turned to him her eye full of anger, but she let it go as she thought a moment.

It took her a bit, but finally she sighed softly shaking her head "No. To be honest I don't have anyone I would call friend. I have comrades, so that's everyone in Lamia Scale, but I couldn't in good mind call anyone in the guild my friend. You see I'm not that close with anyone, and it seems that very few people know or want to know me. So I am sorry to say I don't fully understand how you are feeling, but from what I've heard it sounds like you might feel more than just friendship towards this friend of yours. It could be a feeling I've heard referred to as Love, but I wouldn't really know about that either, for much the same reason." She looked at him with a soft and apologetic look "I'm sorry that I'm not much help."

Character Info:
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Benjamin 8th October 2015, 10:29 pm

"Eh? Ah, no don't worry 'bout it," he said in response to his comrade's apology. "I really shouldn't be askin' that kinda question right after meetin' someone. I'm just...a little mixed up is all. Sorry 'bout that." The summoner fell silent for a bit, going back to what Zhu said earlier. 

Love.

It was a term he had heard before, but wasn't quite familiar with. Supposedly it was something used to describe a feeling of dependency or extreme attachment. The word was often exchanged between married couples and people in some form of romantic involvement, these ones typically described as 'lovers'. One thing stuck out in Dmitry's memory though: these people often talked about having kids. In other words, mating.

Dmitry's face became an unusual shade of red and he shook his head violently, shocked at the though that was about to enter his mind. True, he was fully aware of what sex was, but for some reason, what he just thought about made him feel...slightly guilty. As dense as he could be, even he realized it was kind of weird to think about doing...that with one of your friends. No, he couldn't be feeling something like that...right? After all, he never felt anything romantic about anybody before. It seemed unlikely at best for him to have those kind of feelings considering how he was. He struggled to push his thoughts from the subject, lest he confuse or mislead himself into a field he knew nothing about in the first place. It was then that something else stuck out from his partner's earlier answer, allowing him to settle back into his usual, calm demeanor.

"Hey, uh...Fang, you said you didn't have any friends, huh?" He asked, not keeping himself from trailing off. "Yeah...that used to be me. I was just out there wanderin'. Wasn't nothin' that meant much to me, aside from getting by. But I hit a wall. I just couldn't get any better. I didn't have a reason to fight. That's what makes all the difference. Look, you can have all the honor and pride and glory you want, but if you don't have something real to protect, that power ain't comin' your way no matter how hard you try. Livin' things don't get stronger cause they want to, they do it cause they have to. It ain't somethin' you can force. That's just our nature."

Suddenly, Dmitry could hear Hati chuckling in his head.

'What's up with you, old man?' He asked the spirit.

'Oh nothing, boy,' he said calmly. 'I'm just surprised how much you've grown up.'
    ZhuFeng
    ZhuFeng

The First Kenpachi

The First Kenpachi

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ZhuFeng 10th October 2015, 9:14 am

She looked at him very confused. It was clear that the issue he had asked about was bugging him to some degree, and she was certain he had to worry about it, but for him to just brush it back away so quickly told her that he really was struggling to come to grips with whatever it was. Still she wouldn't press him on the matter she didn't really feel it her place to say any more than she already had. She sighed softly as she looked around the side of the building both ways making sure that they weren't being snuck up on. When she was sure that no one was going to sneak up on them she walked back to her partner hearing his little speech. it was all well and good, but he was forgetting something very important. He was forgetting that only through the accumulation of Voin Points, and by the grace of the Scorekeeper could one ever gain power.

She let him finish and then she simply shrugged her shoulders lightly "Well, you certainly have an interesting idea of how power is used and obtained, but let me offer you this. If you never care about your honor, if you never fight for yourself, and if you never ask the Scorekeeper for greater challenges how will you ever get anywhere? True warriors who are fighting for something have a better chance against those who don't, but the mistake you're making is that you think that warriors like me aren't fighting for something. I fight to protect my home, I fight to be worthy of the pride my master, and my departed brother have in me, and I fight because I am the herald of the Scorekeeper and I must fight, and win no matter the cost. I have too much riding on my shoulders to ever lose to anyone who is not stronger than me. . I may not have friends, but I've never been lacking of something to fight for." She said with a finality to it all as she looked ahead seeing someone approach the two of them "He's all yours."

OOC:
    HP 200
    MP: 85%

Spells used:
    Tessaiga: Wind Scar- CD 2/5
    Flame Slash CD 2/5

Character Info:
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 10th October 2015, 9:14 am

The member 'ZhuFeng' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Benjamin 10th October 2015, 6:50 pm

Dmitry sighed to himself; it seemed this one just didn't get it. But that didn't really matter. After all, it wasn't his problem if she understood or not, seeing as they barely new each other. It wasn't his place to change her priorities and quite frankly, he didn't really care either. He wasn't really sure why he spouted all that to begin with. Perhaps he was just looking for a good distraction from the thoughts that were earlier invading his mind, clouding his judgement.

'And here I was worried that you might actually care for your fellow humans.' Hati said, a hint of mocking in his voice as usual.

'Who, me?' Dmitry asked, mocking the wolf right back. 'You must be gettin' soft in the head, old man.' Just as that conversation ended, a third drunken fool began to stumble up to the establishment. This one seemed to notice the two bodies on the ground, but didn't quite seem to make the connection between them and the two mages guarding the bar. In fact, he just sort of stood there, staring at the bodies and then back to the mages, over and over again. Dmitry saw this as a good opportunity to end things quickly, holding out his hand in front of him and closing his eyes while still leaning against the wall.

"I invoke the World Serpent:..." His eyes snapped open, revealing their pupils to be glowing silver and his irises pitch black. "...Jormangand!" An enormous snake appeared from out of the ground, seemingly made of the same material as the wisp Dmitry fired earlier. The drunk, finally showing a modicum of alertness, desperately tried to muster up a black orb made from more darkness magic, but was far too late as Jormangand crashed the side of his head into the man, sending him about fifty feet to the left and into the wagon of a poor, unnamed cabbage vendor. The serpent then setteled into a coiled position a few feet in front of Dmitry.

"Weird..." Dmitry said, noticing something about the situation that seemed out of place. "Why're they only comin' at us one at a time like this?"

MP: 80%

Spells Used:

Last edited by Dmitry on 10th October 2015, 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 10th October 2015, 6:50 pm

The member 'Dmitry' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Watering Hole (Job, Private) WeakMonster Watering Hole (Job, Private) NormalMonster Watering Hole (Job, Private) StrongMonster Watering Hole (Job, Private) NormalMonster
    ZhuFeng
    ZhuFeng

The First Kenpachi

The First Kenpachi

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ZhuFeng 13th October 2015, 1:31 pm

Zhu sighed as she leaned against the building still holding her sword down in order to keep it from moving anywhere, and she just watched. It was interesting to see how her comrade used his very unique and personalized magic. She wasn't sure what she would classify it as, it wasn't summoning magic, and it wasn't exactly elemental types of magic. Still he did seem to draw on some form of power originating in nature, but what exactly was up with his magic, was anyone's guess. So for now she simply let him handle things and didn't seem to mind it at all. She enjoyed the relaxing, and it was something that she could've gotten used to if not for the fact that the fight seemed to be over rather quickly. She couldn't deny that Dmitry had talent and that made it much easier for her to work with him.

As the battle came to an end Zhu pushed off of the wall and walked forward getting ready to have her turn. She only just made it when she heard Dmitry's little comment about them coming one at a time. She didn't mind that however as it was wonderful and easy to handle, but as soon as he finished saying that she looked up and saw a group of drunks coming towards them. She sighed slightly shaking her head "You had to say something." she said with a bit of humor in her voice. Clearly her voice and her psychical movements didn't mesh well together.

She looked to her blade and shook her head as she sheathed it back in her saya and let it vanish from the sword loop in her belt. She then held her hands out an allowed her next weapon to be made manifest. She gripped the blade and dagger combination the dagger in her left hand the blade in her right. She then smirked as she slashed the air in front of her in a cross pattern. This caused two slashes of moonlight colored energy to surge forward and slam into one of the drunken wizards. While she did this however she stood still and let the dagger move seemingly on it's own to allow it to form a pentagram. This design made of magical energy surged forward and sliced into the weakest looking member of the group cutting into his clothes and knocking him to the ground, but it was unlikely that he was dead.

OOC:
    HP 200
    MP: 65%

Spells used:
    Emerald Sword (C RANK)- Duration Begin
    Moon Flash D rank- CD Begin
    Pentagram Slash D Rank- CD Begin
    Tessaiga: Wind Scar- CD 3/5
    Flame Slash CD 3/5

Character Info:
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Benjamin 15th October 2015, 2:05 am

An exasperated sigh was let loose from Dmitry's throat at the sight of the goons, as if it were more of a chore than a challenge. As Zhu Feng unleashed her barrage at the fools, Jormangand descended on one of the drunk mages, sinking it's enormous fangs into his comparably tiny form. Unfortunately, this exposed him to the seemingly less drunk mage next to him, who immediately unloaded a single-action revolver full of dark magic rounds into the serpent, causing it's form to disappear. As this happened, Dmitry teleported behind the gunman, Dark Fang in hand. As the malevolence of his enemies welled up in the blade, he swung the cursed knife and unleashed a wave of darkness like a guillotine at his opponents neck. The gunner simply grinned and turned to meat the incoming darkness, welling up a darkness of his own in his left hand and using it to overpower the curse threatening to cut off his head. In his shock, Dmitry failed to avoid the revolver that his opponent bashed into his head, sending him reeling a few feet away from his opponent.

As Dmitry turned his back, the mage that struck him charged more darkness into the palm of his hand, before blasting it through Dmitry's back and out of his chest. Gore was spread across the grass in front of him as the gray medium looked down at the enormous hole in his chest, falling to his knees and land face first into the ground. What blood was still left in his body flowed out and began to soak into the earth beneath him.

As the grim future faded from his eyes, Dmitry dropped down just in time to avoid the blast that would have torn through his chest. He then turned on his heel and rushed toward the enemy mage, who tossed his revolver and conjured another ball of darkness, this time thrusting directly at Dmitry's head. The summoner managed to grab the dark mages wrist and hold it up into the air, though the orb raged about and lightly damaged his hand. Dmitry followed up by attempting to stab his enemy in between the ribs, but he too was caught at the wrist, creating a stalemate.

"Did ya think Ah didn' notice ya pullin' that teleporty crap on mah boys?" The semi intoxicated man said. Instead of responding to the question, Dmitry smashed his forehead into the man's nose, sending his head back a bit. The Lamian then threw his foot into his crotch, creating enough pain to allow him to pull his knife hand loose and try to stab his opponent in the neck. The drunk managed to put his hand up just in time to take the blade, but not enough to keep the tip from entering the flesh next to his throat. Letting go of the knife, Dmitry grabbed the back of the man's shirt and pulled him in close so he could knee him three times in the chest. He then let go of the hand that had stopped producing the dark orb and grabbed the wrist of the hand that had blocked the knife so that he could remove that knife and stab the man three more times below the chest, finishing up by burying the blade in the man's larynx and swiftly removing it to allow the man to fall over and bleed to death.

HP: 185
    MP: 75%

Normal Spell Used:

Lineage Used:

Weapon Spell Used:

Last edited by Dmitry on 17th October 2015, 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
    ZhuFeng
    ZhuFeng

The First Kenpachi

The First Kenpachi

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ZhuFeng 17th October 2015, 12:19 am

Zhu sighed as she walked over to the man she had taken down and kicked his unconscious body. It was clear that he would be out for the rest of their mission, and in so doing he had managed to save his life another day. She simply kicked his head once more keeping him even further in unconsciousness. It was at that point however that she was assailed by an orb of Dark magic. Sadly for the mage who shot it at her he did so at her blind-side. As such this caused her eye-patch to scream loudly, and Zhu's body went limp as she dropped down to the ground without a second thought. The sphere sailed over her, and no sooner had it done so than she was back up on her feet charging the mage.

The drunk in question tried his best to launch attacks at Zhu in order to try and slow her down, but he simply failed to do so. He threw more and more orbs of dark magic at Zhu, but still she would dodge to the left or right, and doing so didn't seem to actually stop her in any way shape or form. Finally after several more failed attempts to stop her she arrived at him impaling his chest with the emerald blade sinking it up to it's hilt this caused the blade to come out the other side of him. She wasn't done here however as she pulled up the knife that was attached to the blade and cut his throat repeatedly until his head came off of his body.

The resulting fountain of human liquid covered the savage warrior of Lamia scale, as she turned her demonic appearance towards the remaining foe, whom was petrified in terror at what he had just witnessed. So when Zhu began her approach he was as if carved from stone, and didn't move. When the warrior arrived she slapped him across both sides of his face with the flat of her sword before grabbing him by the back of his neck and slamming him repeatedly into the ground. Finally, his body relaxed and she smiled softly as she slowly rose to her full height looking towards her partner. What he could see that she didn't seem to notice was her legs and arms were wounded from some of the more accurate dark orbs that passed her.

She hoisted her blade's flat across her shoulders smiling at him her dark skin now dyed scarlet from the blood of her latest victim "Well, at least I can see that you are capable of handling your own. You have made up for your earlier affront, comrade." she said with a whimsical voice as she moved back to where they used to be standing. Until she arrived there and suddenly screamed hitting the ground her wounds now hitting her. She hissed out and slammed her fist into the ground cracking it, and making her bleed even more as she slowly harnessed her pain.

OOC:
    HP 140

Spells used:
    Emerald Sword (C RANK)- Duration 1/6
    Moon Flash D rank- CD 1/3
    Pentagram Slash D Rank- CD 1/4
    Tessaiga: Wind Scar- CD 4/5
    Flame Slash CD 4/5

Character Info:
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Benjamin 18th October 2015, 2:18 am

Dmitry put a hand to the lump on his head from the earlier blow, resting next to a few other bumps and bite marks that were deposited my his 'unique' upbringing. After confirming yet another addition to his collection of painful memories that he would undoubtedly forget until he went bald, he examined his left wrist where he was singed with dark magic. The survivor had been in quite a few scrapes, but had never actually been injured with this particular element. Strangely, it didn't seem to leave as much of a mark as something like fire would. Partner bend down in pain/rage, prompting him to stroll over to her and examine the source of this pain. With a sigh that sounded more annoyed than concerned, he went back inside and returned with a bar stool.

"Those wounds are gonna get worse the more you move around," he said to the warrior. "I don't need your legs givin' out before the next fight's even started. You take the pressure off now, you might get a bit more use when your're up against the next lot. But you try to act all badass and proud and keep tryin' to stand, you're gonna open up those wounds even more and risk infection. Then you get gangrene, which means you gotta get'em cut off. You don't do that and it spreads, which means you die. Now unless you wanna drag your ass back to Hargeon with your legs smellin' like old cheese, you'll sit the hell down until the next bout." After his rant, Dmitry went back to his spot against the wall.

'Well now, showing concern for once, eh boy?' Hati asked feigning surprise at Dmitry's reaction.

'Hey, she's a guildmate right?' Dmitry responded with a rhetorical question. The truth is, he became quite attached to the guild upon receiving the memory's stored within the spirit of earth, which had been bound to the guildhall, most likely by Zuo Ci. As such, he couldn't bring himself to ignore a guildmember in need. While Dmitry wouldn't admit it out loud, he was able to vividly remember Zhu Feng upon seeing her in the bar, causing the same attachment to occur as he would retain with every other guildmember that he met who had been in the guild before Zuo Ci's passing.
    ZhuFeng
    ZhuFeng

The First Kenpachi

The First Kenpachi

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ZhuFeng 20th October 2015, 12:22 pm

Zhu glanced up at her partner as he walked into the bar. She thought he was going to go in there and take another nap, leaving her out here all alone and in a sorry state. She was about to get upset, and cure him until she saw that he came out with a bar stool for her. She climbed up in it hissing slightly at the pain in her limbs. Still she wasn't going to show it out like a baby to her partner. As she heard him and his lecture she smiled laughing slightly "I have been much worse off than this. I got burned to a crisp by some fire wizards back when I was still a man, and not the herald of the scorekeeper. I will be fine for the upcoming battle. However; if the Scorekeeper decides to test me by taking my limbs with infection, then I will simply cut them off and be done with them, and still fight in her honor with that great handicap." she paused a moment and looked ahead Zhu wasn't great at being friendly, but she was grateful. So she cleared her throat lightly and spoke "Still....Thank you for your help. I am glad that I have a comrade upon whom I can rely." she said trying not to blush and feel embarrassed. 

That was the one thing that she hated about her new form was the fact that she blushed, and felt embarrassed much easier. She cleared her throat lightly as she continued to examine her wounds tilting her head "I've never been injured by Dark magic. I am surprised with how much it actually hurts. It is rare I feel pain of this magnitude." she muttered to herself as she looked at her wounds. She knew that she wouldn't be up to fighting standards, but she had a few options in mind so all she had to do was take it easy. She didn't want to show out her greatest strengths just yet, besides there wasn't really a call for it as of yet being that they were fighting a bunch of drunks.

OOC:
    HP 140

Spells used:
    Emerald Sword (C RANK)- Duration 2/6
    Moon Flash D rank- CD 2/3
    Pentagram Slash D Rank- CD 2/4
    Tessaiga: Wind Scar- CD 5/5
    Flame Slash CD 5/5

Character Info:
    Benjamin
    Benjamin

Silver Glare

Silver Glare

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Benjamin 20th October 2015, 7:14 pm

Dmitry watched Zhu with a raised eyebrow, unsure of what he just heard. However, it was none of his business and as such, he decided not to ask.

"You really ought to get some friends," He said with his eyes closed. "Believe me, it's a helluva lot better than going it alone. Honor and glory are nice and all, but they don't push you like people can. And besides...at some point, that loneliness starts to make every thing seem hollow. And the longer you wait, the further you drift out. You get isolated and you don't trust nobody. Always lookin' over your shoulder, waiting for someone to try and stab you in the back. And a friend can help you survive the worst in life, stuff that you can't get past on your own. Stuff that'll kill you inside. Just the fact that somebody's willin' to stand by you through the worst shit you can think of, that'll get you through anything. Sure, bein' alone can make you tougher, but it ain't worth it; I know that for a fact. At the end of the day, we're all weak. Nobody can stand on their own for too long."

Dmitry didn't enjoy preaching, but it felt necessary for once. He could allow someone from those memories to drift into isolation like this. After all, joining Lamia Scale is what allowed him to make the friends he now had and that was what had made him grow stronger in the first place. What was the point of joining a guild if all you were looking for was 'comrades'? Perhaps this protectiveness wasn't even his own, but that didn't matter to him. If he felt compelled to look after these people, this family, he would do it. That was all there was to it. Maybe Zhu Feng didn't consider herself a part of that family, but Zuo Cii did and it was because of him that this family exists, the family that took him in.

"Look, I don't know anything about this score keeper or any groin points, or whatever you call'em, but is there any real reason you have to choose between having that and having something to protect?." Dmitry asked the warrior.

(OOC: Sorry if it seems like I'm repeating myself, just trying to take up some more posts so we can finish this job.
    ZhuFeng
    ZhuFeng

The First Kenpachi

The First Kenpachi

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by ZhuFeng 20th October 2015, 9:52 pm

Zhu looks up at Dmitry taking what he had to say to heart. When he finally ended and she was allowed to speak she simply sighed and shrugged her shoulders lightly "Well, there is no reason I have to choose. In fact I would argue I haven't. Yes, I don't have friends, but that is not for my lack of wanting friends, or my lack of trying...Some would say I'm...abrasive...or perhaps combative would be the correct word. However; I know of know other life. I was born to a single father who was taken from me, by a fallen angel. I was taken in and raised to be a warrior. I had a brother, but he has recently died a horrific death from all accounts. My master and my Brother are both warriors the same as I, and so I simply learned how to speak to and work well with warriors. Master Zuo was the one to see past that, and so I grew to value him as my Guild Master and leader. Master Kihia was a warrior and we became siblings through battle, and he was there with me when I became the Herald of the Scorekeeper. Without him I wouldn't have my family sword I would say he was my friend, but what kind of friend leaves without saying goodbye, and leaves you to serve someone who isn't entirely worth your loyalty. Not to mention one who is untested in the regards of leading. If not for the fact that we were members of the same team, I wouldn't be in Lamia Scale now. I know master Xavier to be of some honor, but I'm not sure he is worthy of leading Lamia Scale."

She frowned as she leaned her head on her hands that rested on the pommel of her blade "So I suppose my only remaining thing to protect is Lamia Scale, and it's honor. I fight to become the greatest warrior this world has ever known, To spread the glory of the Scorekeeper, and to protect Lamia Scale where I call home, and that includes the wizards like you who call it home. So I am not really lacking things to protect, but I am lacking for friends. Still Comrades will have to suffice until I can make friends." She said rather finally before she looked back in front of them frowning and wondering what more could come out of the wood work in order to attack them.

Character Info:

Current date/time is 6th May 2024, 11:31 pm