Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Wizard's Grace(JOB)

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 
    Lineage : Spirit Warrior
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Speculo (former)
    Experience : 779,415

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Advanced Solid Script
    Second Skill: Aura Manipulation
    Third Skill: N/A

A Wizard's Grace(JOB) Empty A Wizard's Grace(JOB)

Post by ivyleaf33 30th July 2015, 7:24 pm

Job Form:

Sorano read over the job request, and wondered why it had caught her eye. Maybe it was the strange, colorful images of evil-looking vegetables, or the name of the village; Beanstalk Village. From what she had read, the village was a very religious village, who worshipped gods above a giant beanstalk. Apparently something was happening to the plants, and there were no mages in the village to help. To the letter mage, this didn’t seem like anything she could help with, but it was better than the other jobs. She took it off the board, and started off towards her home. “Hoshi!” yelled Sorano, like she had done so many times before, “We got a job!”
    A short while later, the duo was flying over various places, moving swiftly towards their destination. Before long, they could see the famous mystical beanstalk, stretching into the sky. It was easy to see how the town’s inhabitants thought gods lived in the sky above. Hoshi circled the plant a few times, and then landed next to it, in the center of the village. Immediately, people started pouring out of their homes to greet the visitors. They were mostly farmers, in ragged-looking work clothes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A Wizard's Grace(JOB) B2WXv4aK_o
    sorano granon | solid script | aura manipulation | bank | armory
    i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Moderator- Main Account- Alignment Shift- Dragon VIP Status- VIP- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- God Of Ishgar- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Dark Guild Ace- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- Wanderer- Eevee- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- Teaming Up!- Limited Edition- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Fan Artist- Taskmaster- Halloween gfx'ers- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Fan Art Contest Participant- Haiku Contest Participant- Rich- Veteran Level 4- Veteran Level 3- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500]- Novice [250]- 2nd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Have Onida On Your Friend's List- Player 

Character Sheet

A Wizard's Grace(JOB) Empty Re: A Wizard's Grace(JOB)

Post by ivyleaf33 6th August 2015, 2:35 am

Sorano looked around at the surrounding people, taking in their appearances and making inferences of it all. The village didn’t seem to be in the best condition, but they seemed better off than some other places she had been to. Everyone here looked lean, though not thin, old, but not ragged. A woman with broad shoulders marched up to Sorano and Hoshi with purpose in her step. “Greetings of the Beanstalk people!” she said in a surprisingly soft voice for her build, “Are you the mages from the guild of Fairy Tail?”
    “Yes, I am Sorano Granon of Fairy Tail, and my companion is Hoshi, also of Fairy Tail. What should I call you by?” the girl answered, feeling like she should keep her manners straight when talking to a person with this much authority. The woman merely smiled, and gave a mystical look at Sorano, and after what seemed like forever to the girl, said, “I am the shaman of the people. You may call me Old Mother.” Well, this may have seemed strange to some people, but to Sorano and Hoshi who had seen many different religions were quite used to things like this. “Very well, Old Mother, what is your request for the mages of Fairy Tail?”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

i pretend i really liked it this way-- you see, my heart won't die, though i've really tried.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 13th August 2015, 10:06 pm

The woman paused, then spoke, “We have had crop failures this year that we believe is due to unholy forces in this area. Plants have become hostile and are even attacking villagers. We hope you can find the source of this, and defeat it.” Sorano nodded. “Very well, Old Mother.
    Hoshi spread her wings, and carried Sorano over the fields to inspect the situation. It didn’t look good, that was certain. The normal plants were speckled with poisonous looking spots, and there were almost no unharmed plants. When she drew closer with Hoshi, she could smell a noxious odor rising off of them. When she was within about five feet, she could sense magic in the plants: dark magic. So, it was harm inflicted by a mage, most likely, or some supernatural occurrence nearby. “Hoshi-chan… What do you think?” the girl asked the exceed for advice as they landed on a field. “I’m not sure, Sora,” Hoshi answered, floating above a few plants, “I’ve never seen anything like it.” Sorano brushed off her dress slightly, and scowled at the ground, “Even bugs are keeping clear of it.” This was true, for though it was common to find many pests in gardens in fields, these were void of them.

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 13th August 2015, 10:06 pm

The member 'ivyleaf33' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    A Wizard's Grace(JOB) NormalMonster A Wizard's Grace(JOB) StrongMonster
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 14th August 2015, 12:28 am

Sorano bent to inspect a corn plant, noting the black thorns and wilted leaves. “Magic?” a soft, sweet voice sounded from the plant. Sorano jumped back, immediately whipping out a dart. Slowly, an odd creature detangled itself from the plant. It had a corn cob for a head, and the body was made out of the stem and leaves. “Magic power!” it crooned, moving towards Sorano and Hoshi. Without thinking, Sorano threw a dart at the demon. “Plant Demon!” she yelled, and four other corn demons swirled out from the corn field, wreathing around them and waving the corn silk that acted kind of like hair. Hoshi darted into a tree to hide. The hit demon slowed, but then advanced again with a stronger vengeance. “Don’t hit me!” it snarled, the voice losing its sweetness, “bad girl!” The corn demon suddenly rammed its body towards the two, and Sorano quickly wrote a spell, and activated it with a magic seal. “Solid Script: Fire!” Huge flaming letters roared at the demons, burning the one in front and the ones surrounding her. Sorano blinked as the corn demons rose up in the flames, looking more ferocious than ever. As two of them rammed themselves at her, Sorano darted to one side, trying to avoid them.

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 14th August 2015, 12:28 am

'Block Dice' :
    A Wizard's Grace(JOB) FailedBlock A Wizard's Grace(JOB) Block
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 14th August 2015, 1:09 am

One whistled past her, the first one, but the other one body-slammed her to the ground. Sorano sat, stunned for a brief moment, before calmly rising and slinging two feathers darts into it, defeating it. She pulled out four more darts, and shot them neatly at all the demons, spinning around to do so. One of them fell, but the rest were merely weakened, briefly. One let out a yell of “Corn Corn Cannon!” and released a stream of corn cobs right at the girl. Sorano dodged, but the demon turned its head towards the girl once more, redirecting the stream. “Solid Script: Oil!” the letter mage wrote out the word quickly, and the demons began to slip and slide on the surface. As Sorano was immune to the effects, she shot a dart into each, defeating them all. Careful not to hurt any crops or the village, Sorano canceled the spells, and all the fire and oil winked out of existence in a flash. Solid Script was a very tidy magic, after all. However, before she could rest, three Broccoli Demons shot out, and began to surround Sorano. “Stormy Skies!” she yelled, “How many of you are there?” Now, even the usually controlled Sorano was starting to look unnerved.

Stats:

Last edited by ivyleaf33 on 16th August 2015, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 15th August 2015, 3:48 am

Fumbling in her mind for a spell, the demons whirled around her, teasing her with their speed. She could think of only one offensive one she could use. “Solid Script: Wind!” The spell rushed out in one big whirl of wind and letters, sweeping the demons away, but only for a brief moment. They came back again, with a vengeance, and the girl groaned with despair. This was bad; really bad. She mentally counted her darts worriedly: only twenty-two left. Had she really used that many in the corn demon attack? She could run away… But no. She was supposed to defeat these things, not wait for them to leave on their own! Who knew if they even would go away? She needed to find out more, first, though. She threw one, two, three, darts at one demon, then another, all while running around trying to escape the demons who were very obviously just toying with her. The demon fell at last, but she had wasted a whole four darts just trying to kill one demon! This was not good: not good at all. One darted towards her, catching her off guard with a stalk of its arms. Sorano was knocked back, and lay there feeling woozy for a moment as she recollected her senses quickly, and called to Hoshi. “Take me up, Hoshi!”

Stats:

Last edited by ivyleaf33 on 16th August 2015, 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 15th August 2015, 3:57 am

Once up, the letter mage contemplated what to do as the demons jumped up and down frantically below, angry that she was gone. She would lose her darts much too quickly if she used them all on these. There were two remaining, and each would take four blows to defeat. She would require 8 darts, which she couldn't spare, not now! She remembered how her mentor Anna often fought… “Sora-chan, you can’t always depend on your magic, silly! Look for weapons around you, even the most unexpected things can be useful!” Sorano surveyed the ground below, scanning for weapons. To her surprise, there were more than she thought. The shovels and hoes of the farmers could be usable, and even the hay could be thrown in those eerie eyes, or the thorny plants could be used as darts. Even the fallen cobs of the corn demons could be thrown to stun the beasts! Sorano smiled, and said, “Hoshi, take me back down, please. I’ve got an idea.” Hoshi whimpered, and shivered at the thought. “Sora-chan, what-what if it doesn’t work? You-you could die!”
    “Aw, Hoshi, I could die from anything! Don’t be so worried, I’ll be fine.” The exceed accepted this, and swooped down back towards the Broccoli Demons. “Be careful, Sora…”

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 16th August 2015, 10:24 pm

Sorano swooped down and snatched a rake up, bonking them both on the head as she landed. They immediately turned to attack her, one of them yelling, "Broccoli Swat!" and lunging at the girl, pulling its leafy head back and aiming a deadly swat at the girl. Sorano lunged with the rake, hoping to knock it out before it could attack, but preparing to dodge, too, just in case. Smacking it twice, hard on the head, the  broccoli demon fell, just before her. Sorano opened her eyes tentatively, and breathed a sigh of relief, then turned to face its twin. She scooped up a handful of corn cobs, then hurled them as hard as she could (which was not very hard) at the demon, smacking it on the stem, knocking it out at last. Sorano sank to the ground, letting out a sigh of relief at the triumph. Of course, she quickly began to formulate ideas about this problem. Plant demons rarely appeared in large groups like this, so someone or something had to be behind this. The question was, who was behind this? A what was his, her, or its aim? Sorano knew she would have to find out eventually, to fix this completely.

Stats:

Last edited by ivyleaf33 on 19th August 2015, 1:17 am; edited 3 times in total

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 16th August 2015, 10:24 pm

'Block Dice' :
    A Wizard's Grace(JOB) Block
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 20th August 2015, 5:23 am

Sorano sighed. Whatever had to be done, she would figure it out with Hoshi. The exceed had been her best friend since her family had been massacred by their rivals, and they had remained best friends until now. “Hoshi-chan!” she called, “What do you think of this?” The exceed flew over, covering her sensitive nose from the fumes of the cursed plants. “I think we should try and find the one behind this,” the exceed theorized, “then the problem would be completely solved if we defeated him, or convinced him to stop poisoning the plants. Who knows, maybe he’s done this in some other villages, too.” Sorano nodded: Hoshi had read her mind. “Still, I think the problem for Beanstalk Village will also be solved if enough demons are destroyed. The causer should give up, and go to some other village.” The two thought for a while, then decided: they would keep fighting, and hope they bumped into the cause. They moved through the fields, scouting for plant demons. “I-I, I don’t see anything…” Hoshi murmured, “Where could they be?” They moved through the fields, listening, and watching for signs of the creatures. Sorano even tried sensing for magic, but of course, that didn’t work, with her low magic sense.

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 20th August 2015, 5:23 am

'Monster Dice' :
    A Wizard's Grace(JOB) NormalMonster
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 20th August 2015, 5:42 am

“Yah!” A yell exploded from the corn stalks behind them, and two corn demons popped out. “Oooh…”they whispered, waving the corn silk that was everywhere on them, then they narrowed those odd eyes of their, squinting at the girls, “youuuu… I smell the blood of our sisters on you! Corn Corn Cannon!” Two barrages of corn cobs aimed for Sorano, an attack that would be hard to counter. So, Sorano had to dodge. She slid onto the ground, cringing as a corn cob whizzed past her head. Waiting it out, the barrage finally ended, with the two corn demon sisters glaring angrily at the girl. “How dare you…” the demons hissed, and charged angrily at the letter mage. “Solid Script: Wind!” a swirl of wind burst forth from the letters, sweeping at the demons, and casting them aside, briefly. However, they recovered, quickly, and once again charged at the girl. Sorano picked up the rake, and slammed it into them, sliding back from the impact, and then raking their corn kernels with a poisoned bean plant. As they fell, Sorano threw the thorny vines aside, and picked up the rake. “I think I’ll be keeping this for a while… It sure comes in handy.”

Stats:

Last edited by ivyleaf33 on 20th August 2015, 5:55 am; edited 3 times in total

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 20th August 2015, 5:42 am

'Block Dice' :
    A Wizard's Grace(JOB) Block A Wizard's Grace(JOB) Block
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 20th August 2015, 7:25 pm

As she recovered from the attack, much faster this time, she looked up to see a troop of plant demons, all marching this way. She gulped, knowing that there was no way she could survive this attack. However, they suddenly stopped, and separated for a figure to step through. Sorano almost laughed at the sight, the mage looked so comical. From her experience, plainly dressed wizards were much more frightening than mages who dressed up like this! He wore long black robes, and had an extremely long bread that reached his toes. He must always trip on it, she thought, smirking slightly. She kept calm, using the wizard’s extremely ridiculous appearance to keep from panicking. “And who, are you?” she asked, although she already knew. “I,” he said in the same tone of voice, “am Niko, the mage behind all,” he gestured at the poisoned fields, “of this.” Well! A mage with humor, huh? The girl thought, smiling despite herself, it does make it a bit harder to defeat him. “And you are?” he asked, gesturing grandly.
    “I am Sorano Granon, the letter mage of the legal guild Fairy Tail,” she made extra emphasis on the word “legal”, for after all, she was the word witch here.

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 20th August 2015, 8:02 pm

“Oh, really?” the mage said, grinning. Sorano frowned inwardly. It wasn’t usually this normal for her to talk to others so easily. What was so different about this man? Maybe his outgoing, relaxed manner? Snap out of it, she thought, resuming her cold, emotionless mask, this guy’s your enemy! You’re going to have to defeat him, and, her insides grew cold from the thought, you might have to kill him. She brushed the thought away like she would a cobweb. She flicked a dart at him casually, and he blinked, surprised at the sudden move. Pulling it out of his shoulder, he inspected it. “Tranquilizer darts, mm? So I’m a wild animal to you?” Sorano didn’t react, just waited for the mage’s next move. He casually flicked his fingers at her, and a blast of fire rocketed at her. She ducked below, and then realized it was only an illusion. He took the chance to fire another spell at her, grinning slyly. “Do you have what it takes, girl? I have practiced my Curse Magic for years, how long have you meddled with words and letters? One year, maybe two?” He released, the spell, and Sorano countered it, yelling, “Solid Script: Oil!”

Stats:

Last edited by ivyleaf33 on 20th August 2015, 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 20th August 2015, 8:02 pm

'Block Dice' :
    A Wizard's Grace(JOB) FailedBlock
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 20th August 2015, 8:27 pm

However, the spell had been cast too late. Niko, the black mage’s spell hit, and at first Sorano didn’t realize what the effect was. She could move perfectly well, she was thinking straight, and she wasn’t seeing anything weird at all. So, what had happened? “I noticed you always announce your spells, hm, Sorano-chan?” he cooed, making an emphasis on the endearment. Sorano scowled, about to retort, and realized she couldn’t speak. Her mouth opened and closed, but no sound came out. Sorano decided to do first things first. She nudged the oil faster towards her opponent. Causing him to slip, and cut himself on a thorny bush. He glared at her, narrowing his eyes, and pushing himself up. He looked even more ridiculous, now, with mud all over him. She quickly threw three darts at him, in quick succession, missing only once. Her aim was true, and hard to dodge. He scowled, and intoned something in a different language, directing a spell at her. “I’ll get you back for that!" He yelled, plucking the feathered quill darts out of his skin. He was starting to grow woozier, but not defeated, no. Not quite yet. She attempted to dodge out of the spell’s range, hoping to escape its effects.

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 20th August 2015, 8:27 pm

'Block Dice' :
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 21st August 2015, 12:09 am

The spell whooshed past the girl, and she smiled grimly at the mage ahead of her, before resuming her calm façade. She pretended to cast a spell, secretly pulling out five of her darts. The stronger a mage was the more hits it would take to defeat him. This one was no weakling, see, and the normal amount of darts wouldn’t suffice. She hurled the projectiles at him, stinging him on his face, hands, and legs. He stumbled, and Sorano knew that the poison was starting to work. While he was distracted, she flung at him the rake, bonking him soundly on the head before tumbling uselessly to the ground. He turned, and a dagger dropped from his sleeve. He sliced at the letter mage, cutting her on her left arm. She yelped, and retreated, briefly. Niko advanced again, slowly pushing her back, knowing her quills couldn’t compete with his knife. She had to do something else. Even if she couldn’t speak, solid script required only writing. While the curse mage flung another spell at the young letter mage, she focused hard on the fiery words of her spell in her head, wrote it out, and released it, the flaming words roaring at the man.

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 21st August 2015, 12:09 am

'Block Dice' :
    ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 21st August 2015, 12:23 am

He grumbled indignantly as the flames hit him and the spell full in the face. With a wave of his hand, the spell eventually died down, and he was only quite a bit scorched. He wriggled his fingers, and suddenly Sorano heard a yell behind her. “Sora! Help!” a familiar voice screamed. Hoshi’s voice? The girl started, and whirled around, only to see nothing, then feel the coolness of a blade at the back of her neck. “I told you. I can do illusions, little girl,” that eerie, slightly amused voice of the black mage echoed through the girl’s head. “Now, give up, or your life ends here.”
    “No!” this time it really was Hoshi’s voice, as the exceed streaked down from above, Aera at its most powerful. Suddenly, the exceed’s wings faltered, and Hoshi crashed to the ground. “My curses really are very interesting, aren’t they, Sorano-chan,” Niko sneered. Anger boiled up in the word witch, and suddenly white spots filled her vision, and a blinding flash of light flared out all about her. Though she couldn’t speak, she really didn’t have to. She wasn’t really talkative in the first place, and her aura form was even less so. After all, since when did auras talk?

Stats:

ivyleaf33
    ivyleaf33

Character Sheet

Post by ivyleaf33 21st August 2015, 12:43 am

At first, she kept the aura only in halfway mode, as a sort of armor, smiled sweetly at the mage (not that he could see her), and released it completely, her normal body collapsing as her consciousness was transferred into this new spiritual form. Aura Sorano was the same height as normal Sorano, but the glow she gave off made her look much taller. Aura Sorano was a brilliant white color, like light, seeming to be made of the stuff, and in a way, this was true. She was overall a similar shape to Sorano’s, but details were much less clear, though she seemed to be wearing a dress. Her eyes were deep and swirling, confusing to anyone who gazed into him. Any other facial features could not be distinguished. The aura scooped her former shell up, and laid it somewhere else before turning to more urgent matters. She sent two twin slashes of light at the black mage, ripping his black robes and disintegrating some of that ridiculously long beard. He charged at her angrily with a knife, but the aura slipped out of reach, almost smiling. Snarling he produced a magic seal, slowly forming a new spell that would maybe damage the aura.
    Stats:

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 21st August 2015, 12:43 am

'Block Dice' :
    A Wizard's Grace(JOB) FailedBlock

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 6:24 am