Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A Floating Island? { Nayru }

Katarina
    Katarina

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Eagle Vision
    Position : None
    Guild : Rune Knights
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 150

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

A Floating Island? { Nayru } Empty A Floating Island? { Nayru }

Post by Katarina 27th September 2014, 6:19 pm

Kata stepped softly around the place, peering at everything around her with a slightly lost look in her eyes. She didn`t know where Irina was, and she was some sort of place, on top of some sort of robot. Robots... where did Kata know that word? The girl`s fingers squeezed her violin case more tightly, and her bag of music swung gently from the other hand. Kata was most definitely lost. She was on a strange place, riding up on top of some strange machinery, and there were trees all around her. Trees on top of metal. It looked like a sort of island, like a little lost paradise that was hiding from the rest of the world by travelling in the clouds.

Kata slid to the ground and closed her eyes. It was impossible to find anything around here, and she wasn`t even exactly sure how she had gotten her in the first place. It must`ve been because of Nee-chan. Nee-chan had somehow taken her here, and it had something to do with that mark that she had on her left shoulder. Kata lifted her fingers to her shoulder blade and felt the spot. It was some sort of crest, a stamp, but Kata couldn`t tell what it looked like. Nee-chan was off somewhere talking to people. Kata laughed at the thought, as soon as it formed in her head.

No. Nee-chan isn`t the kind of person that talks to others. But then, why are we here? Why are we on an island, with other people? What does that mark mean? Kata opened her eyes again and picked up her music bag. Out of it slid her music journal, and her special quill pen that she used to write in it. She might as well do something, since she had no idea where Irina was, nor even where she herself was. Kata put her quill to the paper and breathed out fine golden dust, that rested gently on the journal and caused it to glow slightly. The sheaf of music turned to the page that Kata had ended on, almost as though the wind herself was turning the pages. I wonder what I should do now. I finished that song, already. I wish there was someone around here that I could write the song to.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana
    Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana

Player 
    Lineage : Viktor's Descent
    Guild : Guildless
    Mentor : Sakon Ikana (Thievery)
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Crossbow Magic
    Second Skill: N/a
    Third Skill:

A Floating Island? { Nayru } Empty Re: A Floating Island? { Nayru }

Post by Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana 27th September 2014, 7:11 pm

Mouse gave a big stretch as she walked through the flying city. It was such a nice day out today. What is she going to do with it? She didn't exactly wanted to waste it by training in that weird holographic lab that was here. Perhaps she could do some free running across the roofs. Free running is always fun.

As she thought about this, she soon saw a teenage girl sitting all by herself with what looked to be a book of some kind in her hands. Mouse then took notice of what looked to be a violin case on her person. Could this girl be a musician of some kind? If so, what exactly brought her here in Nox Animas? Could it be for the freedom the city granted?

Great. Now she was curious. Would it be alright for her to find out? Well it couldn't hurt to try. If the girl didn't want to speak to here, then Mouse would more then understand. After all, everyone has something they want to hide.

"Hello there." Mouse said friendly enough as she approached the girl, "Do you mind if I ask what exactly you have there?" It was only now that she realized that the girl might not exactly be use to seeing what the humans might call a talking rabbit.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Katarina
    Katarina

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Katarina 27th September 2014, 7:32 pm

Kata looked up to see a short, young girl, standing before her.  The girl blinked her eyes and closed her music journal.  Kata put it back in her bag, and then turned away from the girl, shielding her eyes and gathering her stuff together.  Nee-chan said not to say anything to strangers.  Kata thought quietly.  But the girl looked so curious and strange that Kata immediately wanted to be friends with her.  Then again, Kata had a natural instict to be friends with everyone, which was a trait that Nee-chan often was annoyed about.  But she wasn`t even sure where Irina was right now, so maybe she could go ahead and ask this girl...?

Kata was about to turn back around when she remembered what the girl had looked like.  White fur appearing to cover every inch of her body, a rather short and overall cute and friendly appearance; Kata didn`t think this girl was completely human.  The girl had nothing against those that weren`t human, but Nee-chan had brought her somewhere strange, and this girl might be part of those dark guilds that she had seen stuff about in the empty towns that the Irina and Kata had walked through.  Nonetheless, even if the girl was part of a dark guild...

Kata pulled her music journal back out of her bag, and softly dropped the bag and her violin case on the ground.  Her journal would help her concentrate on finally forming a link with this girl, even though it was something that Irina had told Kata not to do.   But after all, Kata had never listened to Irina, not really.  Irina needed protection just as much as her flawed sister.

Kata opened up the journal to a new page, and breathed gold dust all over it before reaching for her quill pen.  She wrote on it in dark red ink that stood out on the golden, pristine page.  ' My name is Kata.  This is my music journal.  What`s your name?  Can I link with you? '  Kata knew it was kind of rude to ask for a mind link with a stranger, but it wasn`t as though she would be able to hear everything Kata thought about, since she controlled what the other person could hear.  And it wasn`t as though Kata could read the other person`s mind if they linked, either.  But since the girl couldn`t speak, her music journal and telepathy were the only options...

Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana
    Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana 27th September 2014, 8:58 pm

Mouse watched as the girl closed her book and put it in her bag. That was normal enough. Yet things got strange when the girl then immediately turned away as she shield her eyes and gathered her stuff. Mouse knew that she looked strange to humans, but she didn't expect this reaction from the girl. Was she really this unnerved by Mouse's appearance?

Perhaps. Perhaps not. At very least the girl seemed willing to turn back and look at her again when Mouse had expected her to just run. In fact, she seemed to have decided to stay around as she pulled out her book back out and placed her things back down. Mouse was glad to see the girl had managed to get over her 'strange' appearance so quickly. Yet as she watched the girl open the book, she took notice that she breathed something gold in the book before writing something down. It seems she wasn't the only strange one after all.

"Well it's nice to meet you Kata. People around here call me Mouse, so I suppose you can do the same." Mouse said after quickly reading the note Kata wrote. Yet there was something that Mouse didn't quite understand. "What exactly is this 'link' your talking about though? I'm guessing it's something to do with your magic."

Though now that Mouse thought about it. This girl has yet to say a single word to her, instead choosing to communicate with her through the journal. So did that mean that the girl couldn't speak, or at least, choose not to? If so, that could possibly have something to do with this link thing she 'talked' about. Or it could be something completely different. Mouse had no way to truly know unless Kata decided to tell her.

Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana
    Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana 27th September 2014, 8:58 pm

Mouse watched as the girl closed her book and put it in her bag. That was normal enough. Yet things got strange when the girl then immediately turned away as she shield her eyes and gathered her stuff. Mouse knew that she looked strange to humans, but she didn't expect this reaction from the girl. Was she really this unnerved by Mouse's appearance?

Perhaps. Perhaps not. At very least the girl seemed willing to turn back and look at her again when Mouse had expected her to just run. In fact, she seemed to have decided to stay around as she pulled out her book back out and placed her things back down. Mouse was glad to see the girl had managed to get over her 'strange' appearance so quickly. Yet as she watched the girl open the book, she took notice that she breathed something gold in the book before writing something down. It seems she wasn't the only strange one after all.

"Well it's nice to meet you Kata. People around here call me Mouse, so I suppose you can do the same." Mouse said after quickly reading the note Kata wrote. Yet there was something that Mouse didn't quite understand. "What exactly is this 'link' your talking about though? I'm guessing it's something to do with your magic."

Though now that Mouse thought about it. This girl has yet to say a single word to her, instead choosing to communicate with her through the journal. So did that mean that the girl couldn't speak, or at least, choose not to? If so, that could possibly have something to do with this link thing she 'talked' about. Or it could be something completely different. Mouse had no way to truly know unless Kata decided to tell her.

Katarina
    Katarina

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Katarina 27th September 2014, 9:08 pm

Kata paused. Her new acquaintance, who went by the name of Mouse, seemed to be curious as to what a link was. Despite the girl`s hesitance to go against her sister`s wishes, often times Irina could be far too protective. But, how could she explain to Mouse what linking was without actual making a link? Kata`s quill pen hovered over the music journal, and then suddenly an idea flashed into Kata`s mind. Of course. I have an idea.

Kata reached up into her hair and untied one of the twinkling hair bells. She carefully detached it from the ribbon, and then pressed the exposed, sharp point on the open page of the music journal. Then Kata dripped a drop of the dark red ink into the place where she had broken through the page, and it seeped through, vanishing almost immediately into nothing. Kata pictured herself and Mouse, with her talking to Mouse and telling her how linking worked. Kata was confused at first, since she had never heard her own voice, but ended up using one of her old friends` for it. Her name was... it was... erm...

Well, Kata didn`t exactly remember, but her name had started with an A. Ash, or something. Either way, using the journal like this sometimes could work as a partial telepathy. More like a moving picture, that is. Kata held up the music journal to Mouse. It would explain how the rules of telepathy worked, with Kata being able to communicate with her, but it only being one way.

Katarina
    Katarina

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Katarina 28th September 2014, 10:32 am

Kata paused. Her new acquaintance, who went by the name of Mouse, seemed to be curious as to what a link was. Despite the girl`s hesitance to go against her sister`s wishes, often times Irina could be far too protective. But, how could she explain to Mouse what linking was without actual making a link? Kata`s quill pen hovered over the music journal, and then suddenly an idea flashed into Kata`s mind. Of course. I have an idea.

Kata reached up into her hair and untied one of the twinkling hair bells. She carefully detached it from the ribbon, and then pressed the exposed, sharp point on the open page of the music journal. Then Kata dripped a drop of the dark red ink into the place where she had broken through the page, and it seeped through, vanishing almost immediately into nothing. Kata pictured herself and Mouse, with her talking to Mouse and telling her how linking worked. Kata was confused at first, since she had never heard her own voice, but ended up using one of her old friends` for it. Her name was... it was... erm...

Well, Kata didn`t exactly remember, but her name had started with an A. Ash, or something. Either way, using the journal like this sometimes could work as a partial telepathy. More like a moving picture, that is. Kata held up the music journal to Mouse. It would explain how the rules of telepathy worked, with Kata being able to communicate with her, but it only being one way.

Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana
    Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana 28th September 2014, 1:36 pm

Mouse was honestly a bit surprised. She was expecting Kata to simply write an explanation down on her journal. Instead she seemed to have done something Mouse didn't quite understand. Kata seemed to be doing something with a bell and her pen that Mouse couldn't quite see from where she's from. That was, until Kata flipped the book over to show Mouse the results of her work.

Watching the page carefully, Mouse couldn't help, but wonder how exactly Kata was able to do this. Magic sure, but what kind of magic? Well the journal itself seems to be telling her what exactly this link thing is. A type of telepathy magic. Well that would explain how exactly she was communicating through the journal like she was.

To be completely honest, Mouse didn't knew how exactly to feel about this. Her knee jerk reaction was to just tell the girl no. Mouse preferred to keep the privacy of her mind to herself. Yet Kata also mentioned that she wouldn't be able to read Mouse's mind. She could be lying though of course. So the question now was if Mouse was willing to take such a risk or not?

"You can't actually read my mind through this, correct?" Mouse asked wanting confirmation about that fact.

If Kata had confirmed this fact, Mouse would nod her head before saying, "Well I'm going to be holding you to that."

If not, then Mouse would instead calmly shake her head saying, "I'm sorry then, but I'm going to have to refuse."

Katarina
    Katarina

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Katarina 28th September 2014, 1:46 pm

Kata looked at Mouse for a little bit. The stranger seemed to be cautious about making bonds with others. Perhaps she really was a dark guilded mage. Either way though, Kata could always eventually cut off the link, so Irina might never know. Because, of course, Nee-chan would never, ever approve of what Kata was doing here. And speaking of which...

Kata picked up her quill pen again and put it to the paper. ' I can`t read your mind. And you can only see the things I send you. The only exception to this rule is my sister. ' Kata stopped writing. Should she tell Mouse about Nee-chan? Kata didn`t even know where Irina was, so she decided against that in case they were somewhere that was dangerous. This stranger didn`t seem to like giving out information, so Kata probably shouldn`t either.

In the very least, if I link with this stranger we can communicate more easily. thought Kata, deciding on it if the girl would let her. I can break it any time, and maybe she`ll let me write her song too. Kata put her pen to the paper again. ' I can break it at any time. But I can`t talk- I was born like this. I can write your song too- it`s magic, so I promise you`ll like it. ' Kata wasn`t sure if offering to write Mouse`s song was awkward for a stranger, but Kata wanted to be friendly.

Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana
    Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana 28th September 2014, 10:10 pm

Mouse watched as Kata wrote something on her notebook. Then she stopped as if to ponder on something. Mouse wonder what exactly the girl could be thinking about? Whatever it was, she seemed to have made her mind up as she continued writing before showing the page to Mouse.

So it seemed that the info between the two was quite limited. Mouse's mind would still be her own while only seeing what Kata told her. Of course the girl could be lying, but Mouse doubted it. She didn't see much reason why the girl would lie about this. And if by chance she was. Well... Mouse will cross that road when she gets to it.

On another note, she had also learned a few things about the girl. Like the fact that she had a sister. Seeing how innocent this girl seemed to be, she wouldn't be surprised if it was her sister who brought her here. It also turned out that she was borned with her 'telepathic' ability, having never speaked before. Which does explain why she hasn't said a word yet.

Then there was something that greatly intrigued Mouse. Kata had offered to write Mouse a song. Not just a normal song though, but a magical song that Kata promised Mouse would like. Perhaps it was just her ego talking, but she believed she could definitely go for this.

"A magic song huh? I guess I can't see the harm in it." Mouse told Kata with a smile, "And I guess as long as this link thing doesn't disturb the privacy of my mind, I could do that with you too."

Katarina
    Katarina

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Katarina 29th September 2014, 4:37 am

Kata smiled at the girl.  She seemed friendly, if a bit mistrustful, with plenty curiousity.  Kata really did want to be good friends.  She closed her journal, sending a small poof of golden dust out.  Then she closed her eyes and focused on Mouse`s mind.  She had never linked with this person before, so it might not work the first time.  Some people had an easier time hearing her than others.

Hello?  Kata asked the girl, rather curiously and in a slightly worried way.  Kata truly was glad that the girl had accepted it.  Erm, my name is Kata.  The girl cut herself off.  Yes, she had already said that.  I can`t talk, so I`ve always communicated like this.  If I try to talk it comes out like- this

Kata opened her mouth and tried to say hello, and it sounded like a disgusting half-noise made in the back of her throat.  She was about to laugh at herself when she stopped.  Her laughing sounded no different, and it wouldn`t do any help to make sounds like that any more.

Kata opened her music journal again and wrote Mouse`s name in the front of the book.  She wasn`t exactly sure why she was doing this, but she supposed she was the first person she had met in this unfamiliar place.  Can you hear me?  Kata tentatively questioned.  If you can, I can write your song now.  Say something aloud if you can hear me.  Kata`s telepathy only worked both ways with her sister.

Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana
    Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana 30th September 2014, 12:45 am

Mouse recoiled a bit as she suddenly heard a strange voice in her head. It honestly took her a couple of seconds (and Kata telling Mouse her name) to recognize that it was, in fact, Kata. That was a little embarrassing on Mouse's part. She was expecting, well, something to represent this link. Yet instead, all Kata seemed to do was close her journal, closed her eyes, and suddenly Mouse is hearing a strange voice in her head.

The girl went on to show that she lacked the ability to talk at all. Making strange guttural noises instead. She couldn't even seem to laugh. Mouse honestly felt a little sorry for the girl. Not being able to speak with people around you without magic to aid you must be rough.

"Uhh... Yeah. I can hear you just fine. I was just deep in thought. This is all pretty strange to me." Mouse admitted as she crossed her arms. Then again, things have been strange every since she first came to this floating city, so what exactly is new there.

Mouse just shook her head and refocused her attention on Kata. "So this music thing. How exactly does it work? Do you just write a song that your sure I'll like, or is there some kind of process to it?" Mouse asked curiously.

Katarina
    Katarina

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Katarina 1st October 2014, 5:47 pm

Kata breathed a sigh of relief when Mouse replied. For some unknown, odd reason, a few people couldn`t hear Kata no matter what, and no matter how much energy she spent trying to bolster the link and its potency. Kata didn`t mind Mouse`s deep thinking; Nee-chan always seemed to be so quiet, as though she was lost in her own thoughts. Nonetheless, Irina was an assassin, so Kata supposed that her sister was still on guard the entire time. It must be the same with Mouse. Kata could hope that Mouse wasn`t too disgusted by her, though. The girl had recoiled when Kata had first tried to speak in her mind, so she had been worried that something had gone wrong.

Some people reacted oddly to linking, and some saw Kata as a sort of monster. Unable to communicate, 'got inside your head,' that kind of stuff. And everything here was strange to Kata, too. She didn`t even know where she was, in fact. Maybe it would make Mouse feel better if she knew that. It`s okay. A lot of things are being strange to me right now, so I`m sorry if I`m part of the stuff that`s confusing me. I promise that I try my best. Kata smiled gently at Mouse.

The girl seemed to shake herself out of her deep thoughts, and seemed to be curious again. She was asking about writing the songs for people, the songs of their magic. Well, that was kind of complicated, but Kata supposed she could try to explain. [color]I can write your song. It works using the angel dust; I can take an imprint of you, and it echoes it into the song. The music appeals to your magic and personality, but since some people don`t like their magic, or it was forced on them, the imprint is only woven into the harmony. The melody is determined by your personality imprint.[/color] Kata smiled at Mouse.

Sometimes it takes a little while to write the song, depending on how your imprint goes. Some people don`t react well to the magic, but everyone that I`ve written a song for has liked it. Or, even if they don`t like it, their magic and personality threads react to the ones woven into the songs. It`s rather interesting, actually. Kata continued to reassure the girl. Even though she did not yet know it, she was the first person she would meet of her new guild.

Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana
    Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Nayru 'Mouse' Ikana 4th October 2014, 9:32 pm

Mouse didn't knew what to think of Kata's apology. To be honest, it didn't make much sense to her. She saw no need for Kata to apologize for being a part of the things that confuse her. Especially after all Mouse said was that having someone's voice suddenly appear in her head was strange. Could there be something Mouse was just not getting?

The girl then went on to tell Mouse how her music work. Apparently she can take an imprint of Mouse, whatever that is, and use it to make a song that should appeal to her magic and personality. Yet that made Mouse worry that there could be a problem seeing how 'her' magic is usually hidden from those who try to detect it. So would the imprinting still be able to read it, or would it treat her like she doesn't have magic at all? Then there was the fact that the imprinting could have some adverse effects on her. Or at least that's what she took when Kata mentioned that some people didn't react well to the imprinting, which makes the whole thing sound pretty risky.

Still she was curious about what her song would sound like. It's not like she hasn't taken any risks before, and from the sound of it, it's not like this would be life threatening. More like a very mild allergic reaction. She probably would either feel very uncomfortable, or, worse case scenario, feel sick by the magic. And that's only by the chance that she reacts poorly to the magic at all.

"Okay. I think I understand. You use this imprint from me to create a song that appeals to my magic and personality. That's why you think I'll like the music you'll write for me. Because the song would, in essence, be me." Mouse said as she crossed her arms wondering whether or not if she would actually like the song Kata could write for her.

"Well I guess there's no point waiting any longer. Let's get this show on the road."

Current date/time is 18th May 2024, 12:59 pm