Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Maiden Snatcher (Marick)

Maiden Snatcher (Marick) Empty Maiden Snatcher (Marick)

Post by Guest 28th January 2014, 6:30 am

Job Info:

There were three things in the world that would always capture Marick's attention without fail. The first was alcohol, that beautifully refreshing beverage best served cool and drank after a long, hard days work. The second was a good game of cards, a chance for him to prove that his magic wasn't just for show - and to earn money through his constant winning streaks. The last of the three was women, for reasons that Marick would certainly not say out loud in public. It was the latter of the three that got him involved in the job he was about to undertake, and on this occasion it wasn't just for him to get them back to his place. Marick had spotted a piece of paper on a noticeboard near Hargeon whilst visiting Kara, and he'd immediately ripped the job down and applied for it there and then.

The job in question was to rescue the wife and daughter of a man who lived on the outskirts of Magnolia. They'd apparently been kidnapped by a Vulcan and taken into the East Forest. Vulcan's were notorious for being very perverse creatures who would drool over a woman and immediately try to make the woman theirs, by any means necessary. This meant that the man, who lacked any form of magic, would have had absolutely no chance of getting his family back. Marick on the other hand was more than happy to get the job done. He had walked almost right the way through Magnolia to get to the eastern side of the town. For some reason many of the signs were gone since last time he'd visited. Destroyed by the Fairy Tail mages during a job no doubt. They were a rowdy lot, but he couldn't help but admire their spirit for the most part. Still, none of their lower ranked mages could take this job on, and their higher ranked mages were busy on other jobs or were unaware of this job entirely, thus it had fallen upon mages from other towns to deal with the job.

Maiden Snatcher (Marick) Empty Re: Maiden Snatcher (Marick)

Post by Guest 28th January 2014, 8:37 am

Marick finally arrived at the home of the client in question and knocked on the door. It was opened almost immediately, revealing a man about ten years older than Marick was. He had slicked back dark brown hair, a goatee that rivaled Marick's own facial supremacy, and was wearing fairly simple clothes consisting of a white shirt, jeans and black boots. In all honesty, it was almost like looking in the mirror, and clearly the client thought so too. "Wow...you look like I did about ten years or so ago...how peculiar...anyway, please, come inside. I'm glad you came because I really need your help." he said calmly, although Marick could tell it was a front. Besides the immediate appearance of the man, Marick had also noticed that the man's eyes were a little puffy and red, a sign he'd been crying recently. It was best not to mention it though, as that would probably break the client's already dented pride. Marick stepped in the door and closed it behind him whilst the man sat on a chair that was situated next to a table in the center of the room.

"So this vulcan...did you see it?" Marick asked, breaking the silence as he tried to get information on what he was going to be dealing with. The client shook his head. "No. I was out working at the time. Our neighbour came and got me after she heard my wife and daughter screaming. They're alive I know that much, and my wife is a tough cookie so I know that no harm will have come of them...at least, I hope so..." Marick nodded to show he understood, before walking over and placing a hand on the man's shoulder. "I don't have children or a wife of my own, so I can't begin to understand how you must be feeling right now...I'll take this job on and ensure that Vulcan receives as much punishment as is necessary to ensure that it never touches your family again...you have my word on that sir." There was a brief silence before the man put his hand on top of Marick's and nodded. "Call me Leo...and I trust your words. Please, bring my family back safely...bring Sarah and Isla back home..." Marick removed his hand and walked over to the door, pushing it open. Before he left he turned his head to speak once more. "Consider it done."

Post by Guest 28th January 2014, 1:23 pm

Marick almost felt as if there was a massive weight on his shoulders. This wasn't like many of his other jobs which, with exception to the job with Sephiria, were simply small jobs with not much of an impact if it went wrong. If he messed this up then there would be some serious repercussions. He took a deep breath and sighed before he began to walk towards the Eastern Forest. He still couldn't imagine this job being TOO difficult, but it was going to be reasonably tough with a lot of consideration needed in every action he would make.

~

As soon as he entered the Eastern Forest he felt as if he were being watched. He was unsure exactly who it was, or even if there was someone there. One thing for sure was that his gut instincts rarely failed him, thus he kept his hands close to his deck holder and his sword. If someone was there then they were being as cautious as he was, waiting until he was out of sight from the town, thus out of range to receive assistance. This thinking gave Marick a few ideas on who or what it might've been watching him. The first could've been a Vulcan, although whether it was the one who had taken the Leo's family would be unclear until after he'd pummeled it. The alternative could be a group of thieves, who were notorious for preying on lonely people or weak looking groups who entered the forest. They would be dealt with easily if they dared to approach him. He had no time to waste with petty thieves, and would blast through them as if they were mere paper.
    NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 28th January 2014, 1:23 pm

The member 'Legacy' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Maiden Snatcher (Marick) NormalMonster

Post by Guest 28th January 2014, 2:10 pm

Rustling. Marick could distinctly hear rustling. His gut instinct was right once again, and now he could hear roughly where the lurker was. He continued to walk as if he'd heard nothing though, so as to fool whoever it was into thinking they had the upper hand. A dangerous mindset to have unless you were one hundred percent certain. After a few more steps he turned a corner, and was almost immediately jumped upon. Although he'd predicted the attack, he certainly hadn't predicted the amount of force behind the strike. Before he could pull his blade out Marick received a punch to the gut, sending him a few feet away from the Vulcan. He gripped the sword of the Solitaire and took a swipe, not intending to hit on this occasion. He needed some space to catch his breath after that strike.

However, his swing caused the Vulcan to instinctively try to block regardless, giving Marick even more time than he needed. He opened his deck holder and the deck of cards flew out, shuffling themselves in midair before returning to the deck holder once more. Once back in, seven cards shot back out from the top of the deck and floated around the Solitaire. The fight hadn't started the way he'd planned, but it was certainly back in his favour now. The cards in his hand weren't exactly amazing, but there were at least two there that he could utilise once the Vulcan moved its arms away from its face. "So...is it you who's got the girls? Guess I'll find out soon enough!"

--

1. Wood Vulcan 'Surprise' attack.
    2. Marick Block
    3. Marick Retaliation
    4. Wood Vulcan Block

HP: 90%
    MP: 100%

Last edited by Legacy on 28th January 2014, 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 28th January 2014, 2:10 pm

#1 'Damage Dice' :
    Maiden Snatcher (Marick) Attack

--------------------------------

#2 'Block Dice' :
    Maiden Snatcher (Marick) FailedBlock

#3 'Damage Dice' :
    Maiden Snatcher (Marick) Miss

#4 'Block Dice' :
    Maiden Snatcher (Marick) Block

Post by Guest 28th January 2014, 2:36 pm

Marick gripped his cards and let rip now, throwing three of them at the Vulcan in one go. The first card narrowly missed its mark. The vulcan attempted to get its arm up to block the remaining cards and managed to block one of them. The second card hit its mark though, smacking the monkey-like creature right in the face. In it's rage it lunged forwards and punched Marick in the gut again. The creature seemed to be getting stronger with each strike that Marick got on it. He was going to have to be extra careful from now on if he was to ensure he found Leo's family. With a growl he grabbed a 6 and released a fireball. The Vulcan however managed to dodge completely by luck; after its strike on Marick it stepped backwards and tripped on a rock, causing the fireball to fly just inches above it. Marick wasn't about to let it get away scot-free though. He gripped his sword and lunged forwards, slashing at the ape as it pulled itself on all fours and attempted to get to its feet. The creature yowled in pain and stumble forwards, hitting its face on a tree. "Bit of a stupid creature...but boy does that thing pack a punch..." he muttered to himself. All the while he was beginning to understand just why it was a mage of his caliber that was being summoned for this job. It's possible that this is actually the one after all...so I need to get my arse into gear and stop playing around.

----
    1. Marick's Discard Throw
    2. Vulcan Blocks
    3. Vulcan Attacks
    4. Marick Blocks
    5. Marick's Fireball + Sword Strike
    6. Vulcan's Block

HP: 80
    MP: 80

Last edited by Legacy on 28th January 2014, 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 28th January 2014, 2:36 pm

#1 'Damage Dice' :
    Maiden Snatcher (Marick) Miss Maiden Snatcher (Marick) Attack Maiden Snatcher (Marick) Attack

#2 'Block Dice' :
    Maiden Snatcher (Marick) FailedBlock Maiden Snatcher (Marick) FailedBlock Maiden Snatcher (Marick) Block

#3 'Damage Dice' :
    Maiden Snatcher (Marick) Attack

#4 'Block Dice' :
    Maiden Snatcher (Marick) FailedBlock

#5 'Damage Dice' :
    Maiden Snatcher (Marick) Miss Maiden Snatcher (Marick) Attack

#6 'Block Dice' :
    Maiden Snatcher (Marick) Block Maiden Snatcher (Marick) FailedBlock
    Grizzly
    Grizzly

Planeswalker

Planeswalker

X-Mas Event Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Vulcan
    Position : None
    Guild : Guildless
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 135

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Barrier Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Grizzly 29th January 2014, 10:04 am

Canceled.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Lyserg - Grizz - Sinbad

Character

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 3:27 am