Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

King of theives job [Kaligos and Akihime]

Kaligos
    Kaligos

Quality Badge Level 1- Dragon Slayer- Player 
    Lineage : Blessed by the Fourth Wall
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : The Earth Dragon Koralistrasz
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Earth Dragon Slayer.
    Second Skill: Poison Dragon Slayer Lacrima.
    Third Skill:

King of theives job [Kaligos and Akihime] Empty King of theives job [Kaligos and Akihime]

Post by Kaligos 27th January 2014, 1:59 pm

the mission:

Ah the desert, there was something about the dry air and the heat that made Kaligos feel at home. It wasn't the same waistland where he had spent his childhood, but this place was just as familiar to him as that place was. In truth he loved the open air, the feeling of freedom, and his bare feet on the burning sand. It was something he had missed from the rest of the world. And so when he had heard that this mission took place out in the open aired desert air he had been more then eager to set up. He was waiting now for his partner of the day to show up.

He was at the top of a sand dune, the heat on of the sun on his back as it was a cloudless day. His body was used to the heat and dryness of it all. He had spent most of his life in a place just like this. He was overlooking the camp of the so called king of thieves and really so far he wasn't impressed. There was something to a camp in a desert that he wasn't really used too, Sliding down the dune away from the camp he slid into the shade. His long blue hair getting covered in sand, as he wore only a muscle shirt, and a set of track pants. His body didn't even really feel the heat of the sand. He was perfectly fine in his element, as he raised a brown hand to cover his eyes as he checked the position of the sun. "I hope my partner didn't get lost." He said a nervous nagging feeling coming over him at the thought of having to wonder this desert for another six years alone. He shook that thought off pretty easily however, he could still see the rail road tracks he had walked in on. Shining off in the distance. All he had to do was follow that back to civilization at the end of this mission.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

~Character~
    King of theives job [Kaligos and Akihime] 34r

~Magic~
    King of theives job [Kaligos and Akihime] Kali%27s+siggy

EXP:325/750
    Missons completed::

theme songs:

Akihime
    Akihime

Player 
    Lineage : Progeny of Nyx
    Guild : Lamia Scale
    Mentor : Zenma the Wind Sage

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Divine Wind Magic
    Second Skill: N/A
    Third Skill:

King of theives job [Kaligos and Akihime] Empty Re: King of theives job [Kaligos and Akihime]

Post by Akihime 27th January 2014, 2:13 pm

"Good thing I spent a fortune on sunscreen." Though the desert winds were something to look forward to, the sun and the heat not so much, and Akihime had gone to great lengths to protect her skin from frying beneath the brutal rays of desert sunlight. She'd nearly emptied a whole bottle, and had dressed lightly for the occasion in a tan tanktop and camouflage shorts, her sword, Air Cutter, strapped to her back.

Where was her partner? The dragon slayer from Fairy Tail couldn't have been that hard to--found him!

Akihime almost raised a hand and called up to him on the dune before thinking better of it - what kind of a wizard went around shouting greetings when they were trying to stake out a nest of thieves? Newbie ones, that's who. Of course, Kaligos wasn't really making an effort to keep things low profile, was he? Fishing for a baseball cap out of her pack, she jogged up the sand dune to meet him, using a little of her wind to make walking on the sand a little easier.
    "Hey, sorry I'm late! Don't you think that...maybe you should use a hat?"
    She didn't want to offend or upset him, of course.
    "Your hair is quite bright. A nice color, but kinda eye-catching. We don't want them to know we're here yet."
    Everything's gonna be fine, Hime. She reasoned with herself, inwardly a little nervous to be taking on what she considered a big job while still being so new to Lamia Scale and this career path as a whole.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

EXP: 112.5
    EXP For C-Rank: 150
    Kaligos
    Kaligos

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

King of theives job [Kaligos and Akihime] Empty Re: King of theives job [Kaligos and Akihime]

Post by Kaligos 27th January 2014, 7:06 pm

Kaligos covered his nose trying not to retch for a moment. He knew what sunscreen was, and why someone as fair as her would use it, but at the same time it changed her natural scent, made it oily, and caused Kaligos' nose to burn. In truth Kaligos had the same ability to scent things that a dog would, so her over use of sunscreen was almost painful to him. When she offered him the hat however he shook his head, his hair was more then enough protection from the shade, and he pointed upwards.

"We are currently against the sun facing. Down here it's shade, but on the other side of this dune it's boiling bright golden sand, They would hardly be able to see anything let alone my hair. In a desert like this one you can't trust your eyes. They would be looking against the sun, more shade that way. If an attack would happen it would normally happen in that direction so that the attackers don't go blind." Kaligos was in his element in the dry desert waistland. He knew how to fight on sand, and better yet he knew how defend a location. "The way I see it our window of attack will be at it's strongest in fifteen minutes."

Kaligos let out a long sigh. "I'm sorry I never caught your name, I'm Kaligos." He said holding out his hand, and giving her a rather pleasent smile they had 15 minutes they could use to scout out the enemy base and see what they would be up against, in truth that was more then enough time.

~Character~

~Magic~

theme songs:

Akihime
    Akihime

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Akihime 27th January 2014, 8:57 pm

Do I smell bad? But I showered! Akihime hadn't missed the look that crossed the dragon slayer's face when she'd arrived, and she had instantly grown self-conscious, suddenly worried about whether or not the heat was causing pit stains or offensive body odor due to sweating - or whatever. She'd showered this morning! Had she stepped in...er...lizard poop on the way up here?

What wiped these thoughts completely from the wind user's mind, however, was Kaligos' shocking knowledge of the desert, proving to the Lamia Scale member that he hadn't chosen this location at random. Wow, for a D-Rank wizard he really seems like he knows his stuff. As for her...'Sheepish' didn't even begin to cover it.

Embarrassed by how little she knew, Akihime smiled nonetheless and shook his hand, speaking. "I'm Akihime of Lamia Scale. Nice meeting you, Kaligos. Did you grow up here by any chance? You really seem to know a lot." That was on the only reasonable assumption she could make at this point. He can definitely take the lead on this mission, I feel like I'm going to make myself look like an idiot if I try to be in charge. She wasn't really the take-charge type, anyway. She was content with just getting the job done well.

Turning to survey the thieves' nest, Akihime's blue eyes narrowed, squinting through the hazy shimmer of the heat rising off the dunes to try to identify just how many thieves were down there. Enough to be troublesome, but that's alright. She wasn't a wizard for nothing, after all - beating up scum like this was exactly what she'd learned magic for.

Kaligos
    Kaligos

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaligos 27th January 2014, 9:57 pm

Kaligos noticed the look of concern, but didn't really try to explain the fact that it was her sun screen. He had to be fair to her, and with her pale skin she would have burnt to a crisp without it, just because he was so used too the heat didn't mean everyone else would be. The smell was disturbing, but not something he couldn't get over. When she asked if he was raised here he shook his head. "Not this desert, but I spent several years alone wondering a different desert waist land. Spend enough time in one, and you have been in all of them. Well that and my dad taught me how to survive in these kinds of lands, to make them my home."

Kaligos said with a happy smile. It had been a lot of time since he had actually mentioned his father in a good light. The giant earth dragon that had raised and trained him from his youngest age. Kaligos gave a small stretch as he let his back pop, and then slowly began crawling back up the mound gesturing for her to follow. "If you have any glass, or anything that sparkles in the light take it off, use your hands to shad your eyes, it's gonna be bright at the top of the dune, but if you lay flat you can see the base." He said lightly trying to keep his voice down. In a place like this with the air so dry sound carried.

Moving up to the top of the ridge he shield his eyes, and moved to the top. Digging his hands into the dirt so he could lay even more flat. Looking over the ridge and into the encampment. Waiting he tried his best to time the sun's movement as slow as it was. The sand would only get brighter from this point onward.

~Character~

~Magic~

theme songs:

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 27th January 2014, 9:57 pm

The member 'Kaligos' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    King of theives job [Kaligos and Akihime] StrongMonster
    Akihime
    Akihime

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Akihime 28th January 2014, 12:22 pm

The wind wizard had done well to consider putting her hair back into a ponytail - the winds here were as unruly as she had heard about, and her biggest concern was 1) not getting sand in her eyes or mouth and 2) not getting discovered by the cartel's protection wizards. What Kaligos said, however, was slow to leave the forefront of her thoughts; so he wandered the desert with his father?

That would make his father a dragon, then? wouldn't it? No wonder he felt so at home here. She didn't know his backstory and knew better than to ask, but it did cross her mind that he might miss the paternal dragon that had taught him earth magic as a child. It was such a funny notion, dragons adopting children and raising them as their own - but if even a terrifying beast could show that level of compassion, that certainly said something if humans were unable to do the same.

Akihime lowered herself onto her stomach beside Kaligos. "No, no glass," her whispered words too low to carry across the vast desert to the cartel below.
    "I heard some of the cartel wizards can use fire and wind magic. My Air Cutter can handle the wind, but I'm not good against fire. Fire ignites most of my spells."
    Earth was strong against fire, right? Er, hopefully, or else they were just going to be walking into a world of pain and human barbecue.

Kaligos
    Kaligos

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaligos 28th January 2014, 12:49 pm

Spoiler:

Kaligos nodded as she said that she wasn't that great against the fire wizards. with his sense of smell it was usually very easy for him to track down which people used fire, they always had a haze of smoke around them, and even now he could smell at least a few. Looking up at the sun he sighed, it was now or never. "Right I will keep that in mind, I have fought fire wizards before, so I wouldn't worry too much about myself in that regard." He said confidently before slowly getting up into a crouch.

Kaligos took a hand full of sand slowly pouring the heated earth into his mouth. The good thing about sand was that it didn't really have to be chewed. Technically Kaligos didn't have to chew any of it, his magic refined earth into energy. Swallowing he felt a momentary rush of energy flow through him. "That hits the spot." He said lightly giving her a smile, before stepping off the dune and jumping into action, his feet kicking up a small cloud of sand simulating a harsh wind as he fell down a down, and aimed for the closest mage he could find that reeked of smoke and fire.

There was a flash of green as Kaligos's arm turned to solid crystal. "Claws of the earth dragon!" As he spoke he caught the mans attantion, and at the same time gave away all of the surprise that the two had worked up over the last few minutes. The fire mage twisted, and Kaligos's claws of earth hit the ground.

The man held his ground however twisting around his foot caught fire as he kicked towards Kaligos who tried to bring his claws up to defend but was taken back by the sudden counter attack and the flaming foot caught home against Kaligos's ribs sending him flying backwards and burning through his last shirt. Kaligos caughed feeling pain as his side was burned.

Getting back up Kaligos sighed hoping that round two would go better, however more wizards seemed on alert now. Their cover blown there were alarms going off all over the thieves base of action.

Last edited by Kaligos on 28th January 2014, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

~Character~

~Magic~

theme songs:

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 28th January 2014, 12:49 pm

#1 'Damage Dice' :
    King of theives job [Kaligos and Akihime] Miss

--------------------------------

#2 'Block Dice' :
    King of theives job [Kaligos and Akihime] Block

#3 'Damage Dice' :
    King of theives job [Kaligos and Akihime] Attack

#4 'Block Dice' :
    King of theives job [Kaligos and Akihime] FailedBlock
    Akihime
    Akihime

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Akihime 28th January 2014, 6:13 pm

>Insert Battle Theme Here<

Akihime
    Akihime

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Akihime 28th January 2014, 6:14 pm

Wait, what did he think he was doing?!

Without further ado - let alone a warning - Kaligos had suddenly plunged down the sand dune and right into the enemy's camp! What was he thinking?! Scrambling to keep up the excitable dragon slayer and deal with their cover being blown, Akihime quickly joined the fray.

"Be careful!" she shouted above the howling winds, the breezes having suddenly picked up though due to no natural phenomena - a wizard adept in wind magic had quickly chosen her for a target. Akihime took a fighting stance, crying out "Divine Wind Magic - Wind Bracers!", causing the air to shift and spiral down around her wrists and ankles, enveloping her fists in pure wind magic, the speeds approaching 30 miles per hour in a steady vortex around her ankles and hands. Not willing to allow the enemy to get the chance to attack first, Akihime drove her fist into the wizard's stomach, rewarded with a startled retching noise, having gotten right through his block.

Gotcha!

I hope Kaligos is doing okay.
    She'd lost sight of him in the fight, and with the sand being kicked up all around them, her previously clear line of sight to her blue-haired companion had been marred by the sand and dust clouds. In her efforts to locate Kaligos, Akihime had left her guard open, and she yelped, jumping back in surprise as a blast of wind nearly sheered off her ponytail, the sword, Air Cutter, absorbing the wind energy as it passed by her left shoulder. Whew. Close save!

Trying not to get too separated from Kaligos as well as stay out of the Earth wizard's way, Akihime prepared for another attack, expression darkening as a few more cartel wizards approached.

Spells Used: Wind Bracers 1/3 Posts (Cooldown is 5 Posts)
    Cartel Wizards (50 Hits with D-Rank Spells to defeat all): 1/50 hits

Last edited by Akihime on 28th January 2014, 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 28th January 2014, 6:14 pm

The member 'Akihime' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Damage Dice' :

#2 'Block Dice' :

#3 'Damage Dice' :

#4 'Block Dice' :
    Kaligos
    Kaligos

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaligos 29th January 2014, 1:28 pm

Spoiler:

When Kaligos charged in to attack for a second time the man was ready, as Kaligos brought down his crystaline fists the wizard jumped back blocking with a bo staff made from solid steel. There was a loud clang as Kaligos's fists were suddenly over powered, the strike failing to ring through even as he had seemed to hit dead center of the bow staff. Kaligos let out a frustraited sound that was somewhere between a curse word, and a loud hiss. Even with his fist practically covered in crystal he had felt that, though so had the wizard as he was pushed back a few inches, his heels digging into the sand.

As the wizard turned around deflecting Kalgos's hands he used his staff to pick up some sand clearly hoping to whip it into Kaligos's eyes, but Kaligos just opened his mouth drawing in the sand like it was noodles, slurping slightly as he ate, feeling a little bit of his energy return to him though no where near enough to recover from the burn marks that ran along his side. As he stepped back and the bow staff user continued to display himself as a threat with the weapon the cartel mage made one inaccurate move swinging at Kaligos as Kali ducked to the ground leaving himself vulnerable for the next round but avoiding the mans swing.

This was starting to get a little bit frustrating, even as his claws turned to sand and floated away in the wind, leaving Kaligos with his regular less rocky fists. He sighed angry for a moment He needed to regroup with Aki, and for a moment he was starting to think that rushing in with a little more flushed out plan would have done him some good. At this rate he would be exhausted before he ever got a real chance to finish this fight.

Last edited by Kaligos on 29th January 2014, 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

~Character~

~Magic~

theme songs:

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 29th January 2014, 1:28 pm

#1 'Damage Dice' :

#2 'Block Dice' :

#3 'Damage Dice' :

#4 'Block Dice' :
    Akihime
    Akihime

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Akihime 29th January 2014, 1:48 pm

So rushing into things wasn't usually her style - not when she wasn't sure she had the attack power to back it up. Gritting her teeth, the wind user made up her mind to no longer hold back; if she and Kaligos did not regain control over this fight, they were going to be in some serious trouble. Of course, they hadn't really expected the Cartel wizards to be this strong, did they?

Akihime pushed off from the sand straight towards the wizard who had been harassing her thus far, and swung her leg towards the wizard's face in a high kick, shouting as she did so. A jarring pain shot up her leg as the bo-staff the wizard carried was raised to block at the last possible second, her ankle connecting hard with the solid wood, her eyes watering from the pain. Damn it!

There was only five of them and they were already giving her and Kaligos this much trouble? We desperately need to regroup!

A blast of heat right past her face had her yelping and hitting the dirt, the wind user ducking down to avoid the blast of fire magic from a second opponent who had sought to get her when her back was turned. "Hey that was dirty!" she barked at him, barely throwing up her guard as the wind wizard she'd first started with took another swing at her with the bo staff. He seemed to be abandoning wind magic entirely for hand-to-hand combat, which would've been just fine with her if she had a staff too.

A brief glance in all directions confirmed Kaligos' location, and she noticed, with a twinge of alarm, that he seemed to be hurting. Akihime launched herself towards him, using her wind as a booster to drive her towards her companion, the wind user slamming on the brakes to prevent herself from smacking right into the dragon slayer.
    "These guys are not gonna make this easy," she panted, gaze falling to the burn in his side. "Are you okay?"

Spells Used: Wind Bracers 2/3 Posts (Cooldown is 5 Posts)
    Cartel Wizards (50 Hits with D-Rank Spells to defeat all): 1/50 hits

Last edited by Akihime on 30th January 2014, 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 29th January 2014, 1:48 pm

#1 'Damage Dice' :

#2 'Block Dice' :

#3 'Damage Dice' :

#4 'Block Dice' :
    Kaligos
    Kaligos

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Kaligos 30th January 2014, 10:50 am

Kaligos got up from the ground hearing Akihime regroup with him, and now seeing that three wizards had entered the combat. He breathed out lightly, feeling slightly cursed. There was a run of bad luck going in through this and he still handn't landed a hit. "I'll be fine, it's just a third degree burn, I've had plenty in the past. comes with having a dragon for a father, and living the entirety of your life in a desert. I'll live, but I could say more for these guys, they look like they are gonna try and take all they can from us."

Being cornered and out numbered by theives wasn't exactly Kaligos' idea of a fun day. In truth the theives were a lot stronger and better prepared then Kaligos had hoped, but they weren't as strong as he had thought. Rushing in for a new attack he ducked low this time however he underestimate the sturdiness of the sand, and ended up slipping across the ground throwing of his accuracy as he was pushed back, harmlessly, but what came next would not be harmless at all. Kaligos braced as he saw the three mages around them each striking a pose before a large plume of fire erupted under ground enveloping Kaligos.

Kaligos however reacted in the only way he knew how too. His body hardened under his command his skin gaining a layer of stone scales to them, that as the fire washed over his flesh and turned the sand around him too glass was unphased by the D rank spells. His body had a natural layer of defense against fire. He was elementally fit to fight against it, and with a 200% deffense increase that his scales gave him even the three spells working together as one didn't burn his flesh.

When the plume ended Kaligos's body let off steam, but he wasn't nearly as cooked as it should have been. Even as he walked over the heated glass, his stone feet didn't burn or give way to anything as the glass crunched under his feet. "All in all though I think they will break before we do."

Spells on cool down: Earth Dragons claws, 1/3
    spells active: Scales of the earth dragon 1/3

Last edited by Kaligos on 30th January 2014, 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 30th January 2014, 10:50 am

#1 'Damage Dice' :

#2 'Block Dice' :

#3 'Damage Dice' :

#4 'Block Dice' :
    Akihime
    Akihime

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Akihime 31st January 2014, 11:32 am

Gonna post~

NPC
    NPC

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 31st January 2014, 11:32 am

#1 'Damage Dice' :

#2 'Block Dice' :

#3 'Damage Dice' :

#4 'Block Dice' :