Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Hunt down the cub [Job; Uni and Shaku]

Dave
    Dave

1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Knight of Swords
    Position : None
    Guild : Tartarus
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 1,025

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Re-quip: Chaos Master
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Hunt down the cub [Job; Uni and Shaku] Empty Hunt down the cub [Job; Uni and Shaku]

Post by Dave 23rd November 2013, 7:27 pm

Job info:

Shaku had been quite the busy bee in the past week, and he wouldn't stop, there was work to be done to complete phase one in a plan that only he had known. This time, he was apparently searching for a pet lion cub that a boy had lost in around the Serene Cliff which was full of strange and dangerous creatures. Why'd this particular job interest Shaku? Well, the boy who'd lost the cub was the son of a powerful politician, so if he could get the pet back, he'd gain some favor with the man of high standing, which is exactly what he needed. Like the job he'd gone on last, it was too difficult and too dangerous to take on alone, so he'd heard of a mage who needed a partner on the job, so he applied with her. Now, he waited at the cliff after meeting with the one who needed mages, the boy who called himself Yu.

I hope whoever decides to come isn't too late, the longer we wait, the farther that lion cub gets. If it gets too far, we'll never find it in this forest he thought while picking up a rock on the ground. He was getting stronger, he knew it. It wouldn't be long before he had mastered his higher powered spells that he hadn't quite gotten to work and be sustainable yet. But after another job or two, he knew that he would be very close to perfecting those spells and finally being able to use them in actual combat and not just training dummies found in the empty halls of his dead guild, Divine Torment.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed
    S-Ranked: 0
    A-Ranked: 0
    B-Ranked: 2
    C-Ranked: 3
    D-Ranked: 5

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

Exp: 1025/3750
    TheUnicorn
    TheUnicorn

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : Aspect of Neptune
    Guild : Blue Pegasus
    Mentor : Venilia (Orca)
    Experience : 175

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Ocean Angel Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Hunt down the cub [Job; Uni and Shaku] Empty Re: Hunt down the cub [Job; Uni and Shaku]

Post by TheUnicorn 24th November 2013, 4:16 am

Click Clop Click Clop Click Clop
    The sound of a horse's hooves could be heard echoing throughout the forest. The sky above their heads had turned slightly grew as Eternia's eyes started to open. She had been sleeping all this time.
    Huh... Whaaa?

She looked at the horse she was sitting on. His wings were tucked by his side as he held his head proudly, his mane and tail swaying in the wind.
    Eternia, you have slept all the way here. What where you doing yesterday?

Eternia sighed, resting her head on the Unicorn's mane as she looked up into the sky.
    Nothing really. I'm just hungry that's all. I didn't have anything for breakfast.

Her stomach growled loudly as she said this, making her frown.
    Her mood affected the weather around her, and at the moment she wasn't the happiest person.
    At least we're going on a job though, a fun one too.

Eternia's face started to glow as she looked at Roxy, his black coat was now soaked.
    He sighed, I wish you could brighten up a bit. This rain is making me c-c-old...

She looked at him with despair. It wasn't her fault that her mood was connected to the weather, after all, she was a Storm Mage, but a young one.

Come on then, I believe we are nearly there. Can we at least fly for a bit?
    Her big blue eyes stared at the pony as his wings started to stretch out, shaking off any excess water.

Yeah, yeah, whatever, but if you think I'm gonna catch you when you fall off, think again!
    His voice was a joking one as he lifted his feet of the ground and started to gallop into the skies. Eternia laughed, quickly holding onto his mane as they soared into the sky. She always felt so free up there, watching the clouds pass by. Watching the rain fall. It made her feel part of the world.

She hadn't even thought about who her partner was, only that she knew she had to have one. She was C rank now, and her new found skills would allow her to do even greater things with her powers.
    She patted Roxy's neck, Do you know who our partner is going to be? I just hope it's no dark guildy.
    She muttered as they came in to land.

The Serene Cliff was as beautiful as ever. The grass and flowers blossomed where ever the light met. It was a true haven.
    She couldn't believe a small cub would run away from here. Maybe it's owners where horrid. Or maybe it wanted to be free. She knew what that felt like.

Roxy's hooves touched the earth as they fell back into a fast trot. She could see two men, one with dark black hair and the other rather short. She assumed one of them was Yu, but the other she did not know about. They reached the two within a matter of second and introduced herself.

"Hello sir. My name is Eternia and this is my partner Roxy. I am here to take on your job to find your Lion Cub"

She turned to the other man.
    "You must be my partner on this mission, pleasure to meet you."

Her voice was soft and sweet, like the icing on cupcakes.
    Oh how she loved cupcakes, just thinking about them made her stomach growl.
    She held her stomach, trying to stop the noise.
    "Heheheh...Sorry, didn't have breakfast... hehehehehh...."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Jobs In Progress:

Jobs Done:

Hunt down the cub [Job; Uni and Shaku] Oaai5i
    Theme :: Battle :: Pet :: Magic
    Dave
    Dave

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Hunt down the cub [Job; Uni and Shaku] Empty Re: Hunt down the cub [Job; Uni and Shaku]

Post by Dave 24th November 2013, 2:59 pm

"You must be my partner on this mission, pleasure to meet you." she said to him, which actually got him a bit excited. "I'm Shaku from Divine Torment. It's also a pleasure to make your acquaintance" he said with a smile on his face, glad that she wasn't a quiet, rude psychopath like most other dark guilders he'd gone on jobs with. Of course he had a reason for telling her he was from a dark guild, it was just to see how she'd react if she heard someone who seemed well mannered was actually from the dark side of the magic world. "Heheheh...Sorry, didn't have breakfast... hehehehehh...." she said to him, apologizing her her loud stomach noises.

He was sure it was churning from being starved by the girl, so he had to do something about it. Shaku looked above in the treeline for any apples that he knew grew in this particular area of the forest, and then he spotted one, the most plump and shiny apple he'd ever seen. Hell, he even had half a mind to eat it himself, but he wouldn't do that, not when the poor girl was hungry. It was strange, though, the weather was getting a bit rough just out of the blue. Not thinking much about it, he jumped and grabbed hold of the apple with one hand, breaking it off the tree and then handing it to the girl. "Let's get started" he said, beginning to walk into the dark forest that awaited the two mages.

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

TheUnicorn
    TheUnicorn

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by TheUnicorn 30th November 2013, 6:29 pm

"I'm Shaku from Divine Torment. It's also a pleasure to make your acquaintance" he said with a smile on his face, glad that she wasn't a quiet, rude psychopath like most other dark guilders he'd gone on jobs with.
     Divine Torment?

She sighed. She wasn't sure if it was a Dark Guild, but it certainly sounded like one. She studied the man, he had black hair and strange-looking distinctive eyes. She stared for a moment before realising what she was doing. She turned her head, wondering what this mage's power was. She had just recently gotten stronger. New spells she had learned could finally be put to use.

Not thinking much about it, he jumped and grabbed hold of the apple with one hand, breaking it off the tree and then handing it to the girl. "Let's get started" he said, beginning to walk into the dark forest that awaited the two mages.

Eternia stared, pleased by what he had done. He seemed like a courteous man with a well mannered background. She liked that.

She accepted the apple gracefully and said a quick "Thank you" while smiling. She saw him starting to walk into the forest so she followed, although it would've been much easier to simply fly. Then again, you wouldn't be able to see a little cub from there.

She pushed Roxy in his stomach with her heels softly. His fat stomach. She added grinning. He muttered something before walking on, catching up with the man named Shaku.

"If you don't mind me asking, what type of magic do you have? I would like to know in the case where we met Vulcans or other beings."

Jobs In Progress:

Jobs Done:

Dave
    Dave

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Dave 8th December 2013, 4:55 pm

She thanked him gratefully how nice, she knows how to take a gift he thought. "If you don't mind me asking, what type of magic do you have? I would like to know in the case where we met Vulcans or other beings." she then said, inquiring as to what he used in battles. "I use a sort of... requip magic to take out monsters and enemies alike. What about you?" he said, wanting the favor of revealing his magic to be returned. Then again, he didn't tell her 'exactly' what it was, as the magic itself was considered forbidden and he didn't know the girl well enough to know if she would turn him in or not. Hopefully this would be a quick and simple job for the two of them to complete, but that was almost never the case. There was always a hope that one day, a job would turn out to be as simple as advertised though, and that was a hope he held on to every single time he did one.

Right then is when he noticed the unicorn that his partner on the job was poking, it seemed that she owned it. Not only did it have a horn, it had wings too, useful for traveling around Fiore in style, he imagined. But with the dense thicket of leaves covering the canopy of the forest, it wouldn't do them much good to try and use that as a means of finding the lost cub.

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

TheUnicorn
    TheUnicorn

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by TheUnicorn 8th December 2013, 5:17 pm

I use a sort of... requip magic to take out monsters and enemies alike. What about you?"
     He asked. Eternia looked at him, curious.
    Requip? I wonder what type...
    It was odd that he didn't tell her what type of requip, seeing as she knew quite a few mages with different requip abilities.

"I'm a Storm Mage" she replied smiling.
    It was the truth, well, partly. She was certainly a Storm Mage, but a special one. She was a Dragon Slayer but shed only reveal that if he told her what magic he really had.

She jumped off Roxy's back, starting to walk on her own two feet as she followed Shaku through the dense undergrowth. Hmm...?

She looked behind her to see Roxy lagging behind.
    Ugh, I don't like walking...
    She sighed, putting her towards him.
    "Mini Rox"
    She said the words as Roxy started to get smaller, and smaller, and smaller, until he was no larger than a mouse. Eternia picked him up and placed him on her palm. She smiled, putting him on her head as they walked on.

"Sooooo... Any ideas of how we are going to find this cub?"

She hadn't really got any ideas up her sleeve, she thought maybe Shaku had some ideas. If they were close, she should probably smell the thing, as well as hear it. But now, she sensed nothing. she sighed, walking along only to her footsteps.

"?!?"

She looked backwards, only to see nothing.
    I swear I heard...
    She shook her head, Naaah, was probably nothing. I hope.

Jobs In Progress:

Jobs Done:

Dave
    Dave

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Dave 9th December 2013, 5:53 pm

"I'm a Storm Mage" she told him happily, quelling his curiosity for now. So unpredictable, then again, I shouldn't be talking he thought, grinning at himself like an idiot, leaving Eternia wondering. Instead of riding on her horse, unicorn, pegasus, creature, she decided to hop off and follow him on foot as soon as the grass and plants got thick. The noteworthy thing about this picture wasn't the fact that she was silly enough to walk instead of ride, but that her horse shrunk to the size of a newborn puppy, small enough to fit in her hand. What I wouldn't give to cut open that thing right now to fine out how it ticks... Shaku thought as he led on, hoping to find one of those for himself one day.

"Sooooo... Any ideas of how we are going to find this cub?" she asked him, obviously at a loss for any productive scenarios they could orchestrate to find their target. Lucky for her, he had already thought of a few. "We have a few options. One, we could keep searching blindly, which may sound tedious, but my eyesight is actually a thing of beauty. Two, we could use a Vulcan carcass to lure it out into the open, or something more immediate, like your horse-" he said, grinning before continuing, "Or you could level the entire forest and it will have no place to hide, being the destructive kind of mage you are" Shaku finished, all the options put out on the table.

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

TheUnicorn
    TheUnicorn

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by TheUnicorn 13th December 2013, 6:20 pm

We have a few options. One, we could keep searching blindly, which may sound tedious, but my eyesight is actually a thing of beauty. Two, we could use a Vulcan carcass to lure it out into the open, or something more immediate, like your horse-" he said, grinning before continuing, "Or you could level the entire forest and it will have no place to hide, being the destructive kind of mage you are"

Eternia listened carefully, "Option Two and Three are out of the question, so I suppose we'll have to go with Option One."
    Her eyesight was better than most, so it gave her an advantage over others. She grabbed a donut out of her pocket, hoping it would lure in the puppy.
    She listened, only to hear the tiny footsteps of creatures. Lots of creatures.
    Ants?
    She looked behind her to see a swarm of beetles march towards them.
    "Beetles..."

She quickly devoured her Donut so the Beetles wouldn't try and steal it, only to realise that she had another six in her back-pack. Her mouth widened, only to face-palm herself.
    Baka... Baka... Baka...

She turned to Shaku, "Uhh... Shall we run? Or shall we fight?"
    She didn't mean to sound like a wimp, but she believed that there could be stronger enemies out there than these little beetles. Besides, what could these things do?

Oooooooooooow!
    One of the little bastards grabbed onto her ankle as used it's little pincer things to break through he skin, making it bleed only slightly. She shook her foot intensely as she tried to step on it.

Tchh... And to think I though Beetles were friendly.
    Obviously these weren't the normal beetles she was to. The non-donut-eating type maybe? 

Last edited by TheUnicorn on 13th December 2013, 6:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jobs In Progress:

Jobs Done:

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 13th December 2013, 6:20 pm

The member 'TheUnicorn' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Monster Dice' :
    Hunt down the cub [Job; Uni and Shaku] WeakMonster
    Dave
    Dave

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Dave 16th December 2013, 7:00 pm

She completely passed over my last two options. That means she can't destroy the forest with her magic... interesting he thought before finally reaching a nest of beetles. Shaku wasn't particularly fond of insects, so he took a few steps backwards, not yet behind the girl though, he didn't want to give off that kind of impression. "Uhh... Shall we run? Or shall we fight?" she asked, obviously not wanting to be bothered by these little things. "They are no threat, and taking the nest out would just serve to hurt the forest. We should just keep moving" Before doing so, he looked around, trying to see if there was any trail that would lead them to their target. Lucky for him, he was able to spot some faint paw imprints in the foliage near the hive of beetles.

He walked quickly towards the imprinted dirt and squatted down next to it, getting a closer look while turning his head back to Eternia. "They're a bit faded, but the cub definitely walked through here. Ten minutes ago, give or take. We should hurry, we finally caught a lead" he said happily, a stroke of luck that he never got. Then again, every dog has his day, and this was his. Finally, lady luck decides to throw me a bone to find the cat. How fitting he then thought, the irony of the situation fitting. After a moment, he shot up from the ground and began speed walking forward, following the tracks that, with each step of his, grew deeper and more defined. Halfway there...

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

TheUnicorn
    TheUnicorn

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by TheUnicorn 17th December 2013, 4:31 am

"They are no threat, and taking the nest out would just serve to hurt the forest. We should just keep moving"

She sighed, feeling stupid for even asking. She looked to her left, only to catch the faintest scent.
    Lion...
    She watched as Shaku walked over to somewhere. She couldn't see where, as the stupid horse was in her way. "They're a bit faded, but the cub definitely walked through here. Ten minutes ago, give or take. We should hurry, we finally caught a lead" he said happily. She smiled. She had been right, for once. She walked over to the footprints, examining them closely. Shaku had been right, they were fresh, but it looked like something had trampled over them. They looked somewhat like horse prints, but with a different shape.

Goat?
    Naaaah, I'd doubt they'd have goats here.
    Roxy's voice echoes through her mind as she began to think.
    "Hmm... Possibly that Moose Legend."
    She said out loud. She looked at Shaku.
    "Telepathy"

They continued onwards, walking through the dense undergrowth as the sun began to set. Pink, orange and yellow could all be seen lining the forgotten sky. It could hardly be seen through the thick trees, but there was a patch where she could. And she was glad she could see it. It brought peace to her mind to see the familiar skies, filled with clouds.

A strong wind passed them as Eternia smelled something.
    The lion, again. This time, to our left.
    She walked next to Shaku, Roxy behind her.
    "Shaku, I believe the Lion Cub is not far away, but we are heading the wrong direction."
    She pointed towards her left, the opposite way they were heading.

Is this Cub leading us in circles... Or are my smelling skills off?

Jobs In Progress:

Jobs Done:

Dave
    Dave

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Dave 23rd December 2013, 5:34 pm

"Hmm... Possibly that Moose Legend. Telepathy" she said, trying to explain to him why she suddenly outburst-ed something that seemed very random and out of context. "Of course, telepathy" he responded, signifying that he got the hint. Eventually, she walked up next to him and said something else "Shaku, I believe the Lion Cub is not far away, but we are heading the wrong direction." The wrong direction? My eyes don't lie. Other than that, she said that we were walking the wrong way to adamantly... the same way I know that we're going the right way. Could she have enhanced senses? Didn't she say she was a storm mage? Then again, that was a little vague. Maybe a branch of storm mage? Questions ran through his head and pushed out their objective, to find the cub, but he quickly remembered the task at hand and turned his head to her.

"Why do you think that? Did I miss some tracks? I guess everyone makes mistakes." he said. Maybe her horse had some special powers of tracking down animals in a thick forest and was transmitting its thoughts to her with its telepathy, Shaku didn't know. It was unlikely though, and he was genuinely wondering why she would question the physical evidence laid out before them without even telling him why she was doing it to begin with. Her answer will at least answer a few questions I have, one way or another he then thought, silently awaiting the girls response.

Character / Dave Daniels
    Magic / Pastry Make
    Bank

Missions Completed

Duels Won
    1 B-Rank Duel

TheUnicorn
    TheUnicorn

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by TheUnicorn 4th February 2014, 5:27 pm

"Why do you think that? Did I miss some tracks? I guess everyone makes mistakes." he said. Eternia shook her head, “I don’t think you are wrong, but I think this cub is leading us in circles” she said laughing. As they walked through the forest, Eternia realized the cub was following the same tracks as before.
    Hmm… He must know we are following him. Probably because of..
    She turned to Roxy, her feathered pony.
    “I’m gonna need you to go fly for a while, it seems you’re the problem to finding this cub” she said smiling.
    Roxy sighed, nodding. Of course, it’s always the horse.
    He reared up on his hind legs before galloping up into the sky, his winds outstretched. Eternia loved it when Roxy flew through the skies; it was so mythical and enchanting. She looked at Shaku, “Are we going, I believe we are very very close” she looked around, standing deadly still.
    Hmm… We’re not going to catch this cub like this. We need a better way.
    “I think we need a better way of finding this cub.” She said to Shaku, who was probably thinking the same thing.
    “Have any food in your bag? Steak? Lamb? Oh wait, I have a Ham Sandwich in my bag”
    Eternia laughed, grabbing the sandwich and laying it on the floor in front of her while moving back behind a bush.
    “Now all we gotta do is wait.”
    She smiled, peaking her head out of the bush to see if the cub was there.

Jobs In Progress:

Jobs Done:

Current date/time is 7th May 2024, 2:54 am