Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Hunt For The Tome (Nymara)

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Nemean Lion
    Position : Saint of Courage
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Silver Wolf [Guild Master]
    Cosmic Coins : 215
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 11,529,025

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Wind Strike Magic
    Second Skill: Wind Summon Magic
    Third Skill:

The Hunt For The Tome (Nymara) Empty The Hunt For The Tome (Nymara)

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 14th February 2024, 12:47 am

-Hargeon Town, 12:32 P.M.-

Dressed in her green, white, and gold outfit with black bike shorts on underneath the skirt and Argent Gloves on her hands, Leona also carried her Silver Longsword in its scabbard on her left hip and her Scout Laser Pistol in its holster on her right hip. The Wizard Saint was walking through the sunny streets of the town for the first time since her loss to Medeia... she was apprehensive about doing that because she was not sure how Hargeon's citizens would treat her. She was expecting to be met with contempt at best and anger at worst after what had happened during the fight with Medeia when the purple tentacle was grabbing and crushing people and she did not think to do anything to stop it because she was so focused on trying to pull out a last-second win against the Warlord. Thinking about that mistake made Leona recall the sounds of people being crushed in perfect detail and her guilt flared up again before she regained control of her emotions.

Maybe today would be different and she could be a hero instead of an accidental destroyer.

Leona was in Hargeon Town because she had heard rumors of a group of mages looking for a tome that was said to contain numerous spells that were so powerful and dangerous that they could destroy entire cities if any of them were cast. It went without saying that something of that nature needed to be kept out of the wrong hands because that much power would inevitably be abused. Leona was not tempted to appropriate the tome for herself and use its power in a desperate bid for revenge against Medeia because as much as she detested the Warlord she was not going to destroy everything she was sworn to protect in pursuit of her goal. However, she arguably did not need any spellbook to level cities because she tended to cause calamity just by showing up and trying to save the day... what happened during the Ishgar Symposium and in Hargeon Town was proof of that unfortunate tendency.

As she walked Leona noted the reactions of the people around her, which were not what she had expected. Quite a few of Hargeon's citizens appeared to view her as a hero instead of as a villain, especially the younger people around her age. Quite a few young men were drawn to her beauty and she quickly noticed that their eyes lingered on her chest when they approached and her backside when they passed by. The Wizard Saint's appeal was not restricted to young men because some young women eyed the blonde with interest and attraction as they passed by: at least three of them brought out their iLacs to take a picture of Leona's face before scurrying off in excitement with their prize. Having other young women look at her was an uncomfortable reminder of how Medeia had looked at her, but being admired for beauty was better than being reviled and seen as persona non grata.

Older people too regarded the Wizard Saint as a welcome presence because none of them gave her a dirty look or made reference to the fight with Medeia, but some of them could not quite get her name right. Leona heard herself be called "Leena", "Leanne", "Lenora", "Leonora", and even "Leanna" as they passed by and spoke those names in what sounded like a tone of respect, if not reverence. Those people would be better served by finding someone else to transfer their respect to, but Leona would not complain. Hearing that some people still had a positive opinion of her was something she needed to rebuild her self-esteem, which was slowly coming back after her most recent stay on Lion's Island.

Leona hoped that today she could keep rebuilding her self-esteem and validate the locals' belief that she was a hero. But before she could do that she needed to find somewhere to begin her search for the tome and those who wanted it. Hargeon Town was a bustling place and she had no idea where to begin looking, so she moved at a slow pace so that she did not miss any clues.

[Post Word Count: 706]
    [Leona's Word Count: 706]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Hunt For The Tome (Nymara) KjmbioC

Golden Lacrima is valid until 10/10/2024. The General Store: Page 10, Post Number 244 (Request), Page 10, Post Number 245 (Approval)
    Nymara
    Nymara

Player 
    Lineage : Prodigy of Nyx
    Position : None
    Guild : Fairy Tail
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Mentor : Akeya
    Experience : 21,875

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Fire Dragon Slayer Magic
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

The Hunt For The Tome (Nymara) Empty Re: The Hunt For The Tome (Nymara)

Post by Nymara 21st February 2024, 5:31 pm

“I thought I told you to make sure you weren’t being followed!"
    “I swear nobody was behind me! This isn’t my fau-”
    “Lookout!”
    An explosion of flame rocked the interior of the musty library, causing many old tomes and books to catch alight in the process! The three men took cover behinds some of the bookshelves, but even they were in danger of igniting before the inferno died down. Through a fit of hard coughs they tried to regain their bearings, though the smoke soon parted to reveal a figure with red hair blazing towards them! One man tried raising an arm, charging up some sort of magical spell! A beam of white light shot from the magical seal in front of his hand towards the girl, but she proved too quick! Sliding beneath its arch the firebrand was soon upon them! With a flurry of quick jabs and dodges she was able to easily overpower the hedge mages within the abandoned arcanium, taking them down one at a time with controlled flame-infused kicks and punches. “Nghh! Screw this! I don’t care what they said the reward was, I didn’t sign on to be burned alive!” One of them groaned as he tried getting to his feet while the red-haired girl was busy dispatching his friends. 

“Awe cmon! You guys led me here, aren’t you gonna spill the interesting reason why??” The girl would chuckle as she noticed one of them trying to escape. “Or am I gonna need to beat it out of you?” She’d call out, using a blast of flame from her foot to launch her forwards at incredible speed! The thug only had enough time to turn his head and widen his eyes before Nymara’s blazing fury was upon him! With a furious punch to the gut the girl drove the larger man’s torso straight into the brick wall behind him, completely collapsing in the process while he went tumbling outside the building, straight onto the streets of Hargeon! A crowd of onlookers quickly gasped as the people on the road swiftly backed away from the sudden outburst of violence. Nymara still stood in the smoking hole of the building, looking down on her beaten opponent with a fanged grin. That was before she noticed all the other people staring up at her. “Oh! Sorry guys, just go about your day! Guild business, yeah?” She’d exclaim before descending down to the street with a leap, her long white and red trench coat trailing behind her.

Her target had taken quite the beating, though his groans were enough to convince Nymara she hadn’t done any permanent damage to him. Maybe mentally of course, though there was little she could do about that. Walking up to him Nymara quickly crouched down and grabbed the man by the scruff of his collar, forming a flaming fist with her other hand. “Aight slick, you feeling talkative yet? You had so much to say to your pals at the tavern earlier! What, you think because I was swimmin’ in the drinks I couldn’t hear ya?” Nymara said, interrogating him. Unfortunately the man was too dazed and barely conscious to say anything useful. “Damn it! Think I overdid it again..” She’d mutter, knowing how disappointed Akemi would have been had she witnessed that battle. Her mentor already disapproved of Nymara’s tendencies to cause more damage than was necessary but to light up a library in the process would have made her livid. The twilight dragon loved her books and knowledge after all. 

A shadow quickly flew overhead, causing Nymara to look upwards with curiosity as she dropped the man’s body back to the ground. Then she caught a glimpse of a familiar sight. An armored cat with wings descended from the sky, landing upon a nearby street sign as the crowd continued to murmur around them. “I trust you thwarted another dastardly plan, Lady Nymara” He would say in a polite tone, but one that dripped with subtle hints of sarcasm. Rolling her eyes Nymara crossed her arms, oblivious to anything else around her. “I was about to! Now this bastard had to go ahead and fall asleep, so my questions are gonna have to wait. But somethin big is going on here Lucky! I can feel it! These guys claimed to have been hired by some group of people, lookin for some ancient book or scroll or somethin. Followed em to this old library!” She’d nod towards the smoking crater within the building next to them. Lucky raised an eyebrow at her tale but refrained from interrupting until she finished. “Well, I scouted the area as you instructed beforehand and I did not notice anything unusual.. Except.” Lucky trailed off, a smirk forming on his lips. “There is a certain individual nearby, one who may not take a liking to the ruckus you caused.” With this information Nymara looked confused for a moment before her spine froze in place. “D- Damn it! Are the Rune Knights here already? I can explain this destruction, trust me!” She’d begin to panic, though Lucky only smiled wider. “No knights, my lady. Someone else. Someone well known throughout the kingdom and enough to draw a crowd of her own. I believe a wizard saint is present at Hargeon right now.” Those words were enough to make her blood run cold. She had only known one other saint and that was her own guildmaster, Mura. Apparently they were some of the strongest and most well known wizards on the continent, and Nymara was certainly in no position to defend her destruction in front of such an individual. She couldn’t even convince her own mentor of such things, let alone a saint. 

“Do try and remember to be polite, my lady.” Lucky would chime in again. “I believe she was nearby, and likely heard your little dance.” 
    980 Words | PWC: 980 | TWC: 1686

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Hunt For The Tome (Nymara) 2ohu3XJ

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 24th February 2024, 1:12 am

Leona walked through Hargeon Town at a reasonable pace so that she did not alarm its citizens or miss any potential clues. Her mind went back to the clash between her and Medeia and she wondered why she had not received any negative reactions from the townspeople. Perhaps they figured that she had done the best she could to salvage a bad situation but had been unable to claim a victory. Or maybe Hargeon's citizens really were angry with her for what had happened to their town but were too afraid to speak out lest Leona decide to permanently silence any naysayers on the spot.  

The Wizard Saint would do no such thing. She was not going to silence critics with fist, spell, or weapon just because she was not showered with praise. Hargeon Town's citizens had every right to be angry with her and had every right to voice that negative opinion without fear of retaliation. Besides, if Leona went around killing her detractors she would be no better than a Warlord.

However, Leona was not encountering any critics... everyone around her seemed to welcome her presence.

As she walked deeper into the town Leona spotted more young men looking at her as she passed by and heard some of them wishing they could get a date with her. A few of them brought out their iLacs and took a picture of her face and sprinted away before she could react just like the young women from earlier. She even heard one unfortunate youth get slapped and berated for looking at her after his eyes had lingered on the Wizard Saint's chest and backside a bit too long for his girlfriend's liking.

Just like earlier more than one young woman had found Leona to be attractive... quite a few of them looked at her with obvious approval and a gaze that lingered on her body a bit longer than it should have. She also drew a lone detractor who loudly asserted that her sizable chest was a product of implants instead of nature, but Leona did not bother to counter the claim that was obviously motivated by jealousy. No one else voiced a complaint about her figure, so she let the matter drop and did her best to ignore the glances of young men and young women who were clearly attracted to her.

That state of affairs continued until she saw a commotion in the distance and was snapped out of her mild embarrassment. Dreading the possibility that Armina and Medeia had returned for a second round, the Wizard Saint shifted from a leisurely stroll to running as fast as she could go to get to the scene before lives were lost due to her slowness. Once in motion the people of Hargeon Town appeared as a blur to the blonde as she hurried towards the area where the action was.

She hoped that she was not too late to save anyone.

When Leona finally arrived where she saw the commotion she spotted a crowd gathered around a female mage with red hair that was vaguely reminiscent of Masha's and a strange-looking creature that resembled a cat but boasted several differences from the ordinary housecat, the most prominent of which was the presence of wings. The red-haired young woman was standing not too far away from a building of some sort with a sizable hole in the wall, but the structure itself was thankfully still standing. The blonde looked at the redhead and glanced at the unconscious person lying at their feet, then folded her arms across her chest and made eye contact with the young woman.

"I'm Leona Jarnefeldt. What's going on here?" Leona briefly introduced herself to the other mage before asking an important question in a tone that was calm but still indicated a desire for an explanation. Despite how things looked the Wizard Saint was not going to assume the worst and start the conversation with a hostile tone or with weapons drawn. There were no fatalities that she could see and the property damage did not look to be too extensive, so there was no need to go in ready for a fight like she had done with Armina. However, she hoped that the redhead had a very good explanation for what had happened because the scene looked more than a little bad for her.

[Post Word Count: 732]
    [Leona's Word Count: 1,438]
    [Total Word Count: 2,418]

Golden Lacrima is valid until 10/10/2024. The General Store: Page 10, Post Number 244 (Request), Page 10, Post Number 245 (Approval)
    Nymara
    Nymara

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Nymara 1st March 2024, 7:58 pm

The longer this cat spoke the more stressed Nym became, if only because the magical presence nearby was unmistakable. Tricking Nymara for fun had become somewhat of a pastime hobby for the exceed, though there was certainly no lie coming from Lucky this time. Her first instinct was to grab hold of the dazed man in the ground, quickly trying to rouse him! “Oi! Wake up, yeah? I didn’t bruise you that badly, did I?” She hurriedly questioned, though the man was still hovering between conscious states. It was just in that moment that the woman in question turned the corner and made her presence known, evident enough by the pure number of onlookers she had apparently attracted. Normally Nymara would be ecstatic to meet someone so renowned and powerful, though she would have preferred it to be under much different circumstances. To make matters worse, the firebrand was still feeling a little tipsy from her trip to the tavern earlier. If she had just reigned in her drinking problem a little this entire situation may have been avoided.

Dropping the man once more Nymara put on a nervous grin. “H- Hey Leona! Before you do anything I’m not the criminal here, this ass started it!” She’d sputter, giving the man a light nod. “I’m a member of Fairy Tail! Was coming back from a job when I heard this guy an’ his mates talkin’ bout some evil plot or some such. Right?? Tell her!” She’d grumble towards the dazed man on the street. As before, he met her questions with pained moaning. “Ugh.. Useless..” She’d mutter. “If I may interject.” Lucky would say, causing Nymara to raise an eyebrow in his direction. “I believe my companion believed what she heard. There were two others with this man up in that abandoned library.” The knight would say, looking up at the crater Nymara had left. “It appears the floor was boarded up at one point in time, and nobody thought to maintain its knowledge.” Lucky stated, trying his best to smooth over Nymara’s fumbling. She really wasn’t the best with conversations, especially with those so high above her own status. Lucky however had much experience talking to nobles, and from what he knew about the Wizard Saints in his short time within this world is that they were deeply venerated individuals. Finally he would bow his head in respect to Leona. “It is truly an honor to meet the guild master of Silver Wolf in person, my Lady. I never thought that day would come.” Lucky would proclaim, lifting the metal faceplate on his helmet to reveal his orange face.

“Of course none of what you’ve heard should excuse my friend’s excessive force in this matter, though rest assured she already has a savings for incidents like this.” The knight stated, looking back to his red haired companion. “Eh? Didn’t you just say it was abandoned?? Who’s gonna care about repairs?” She’d chuckle, though it was clear from the expression on Lucky’s face that he wasn’t impressed. “I suppose we could ask Lady Akemi how she feels about this matter. After all she was ‘very’ impressed by your little actions in Cedar.”
    “N- No need for that! Of course I’ll cover the repair cost.” She’d panic at the thought of getting her mentor involved. She was already caught red-handed by a wizard saint, she certainly didn’t  need the ire of her master as well.

Sighing Nymara returned her gaze to Leona hoping that the saint had been convinced of their explanation. “Either way, there is something going on here. This genius certainly ain’t the brains of the operation. He was hired, and I wanna get to the bottom of this before somethin’ unsavory happens, yeah?” She wasn’t sure if Leona would accept her reasoning seeing as she had little in the way of proof. “I- If you wanna still escort me to prison till my debt is paid, that's fine, but at least let Lucky be free to continue the investigation. He ain’t do nothing wrong.”

676 Words | PWC: 1,656 | TWC: 3,094

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 4th March 2024, 3:50 pm

Leona kept her mouth shut and her ears open as she listened to the redhead state her membership in Fairy Tail and explain the situation she was in... or try to explain, anyway. The Wizard Saint got the impression that the unconscious man was part of some shady dealings that the redhead had interrupted, but the young woman's explanation was not the best because it was missing some key details. That was when the cat-like creature stepped in and began speaking to the Wizard Saint on the other mage's behalf.

It was much more articulate than the Fairy Tail mage and filled in some missing details like what the building behind the redhead was and what might have prompted the man to pay the building a visit. After that explanation it gave her a gesture of respect, one that Leona accepted with ease despite her discomfort deep down inside. The blonde felt that she was just a paper tiger who was propped up by a fancy title, but she needed to be a hero the public could look up to despite her high-profile failures and personal flaws.

"It's nice to meet you too." Leona told the orange cat-like creature in a to-the-point manner with complete sincerity. Her social skills were not the best and anyone who knew her for any length of time could testify to that. Still, she was pleased to meet the polite and articulate creature and it had provided her with much-needed clues about what was going on so that she did not attack an innocent mage based off of a misunderstanding. Reining in her desire to avoid a repeat of the clash with Medeia by being aggressive from the get-go had paid dividends in more ways than one, but one of the chief benefits was not alienating a potential ally. Another one was not drawing the wrath of Serilda Sinclair, Mythal Ragnos, Mura Kensho, "Lady Akemi", or a combination of the aforementioned individuals down on her head.

Leona listened to the redhead and the creature talk back and forth about paying for the property damage and heard about someone named "Lady Akemi", a name the blonde was not familiar with. She let the conversation continue without her input and eventually got some confirmation that the rumors that had prompted her to visit Hargeon Town might have some truth to them. The redhead then stated that she was in town to investigate the same rumors that had drawn the Wizard Saint here... once that statement was finished Leona finally spoke.

"I'm in Hargeon Town because I heard rumors about the same sketchy business you're looking into and wanted to see if there was any truth to them. I was looking for clues when I saw the commotion and hurried over to see what it was about." Leona stated the nature of her business in Hargeon Town and what had led her to the redhead. If the Fairy Tail mage really was investigating the same rumors the Wizard Saint was looking into perhaps the two could work together. Leona would gladly lend the redhead a helping hand if it meant preventing another tragedy from befalling Hargeon Town. However, she would wait and see if the other mage had any inclination towards joining forces before making such an offer.

[Post Word Count: 550]
    [Leona's Word Count: 1,988]
    [Total Word Count: 3,644]

Nymara
    Nymara

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Nymara 15th March 2024, 7:13 pm

Throughout most of the conversation between Lucky and Nymara Leona had stayed mostly silent, observing the two as they spoke. This wasn’t lost on the firebrand, who had gotten used to such reactions from many others when she and the exceed started forgetting that other people were around. Regardless, Leona didn’t appear to be overly concerned about the damage Nymara had done, or at least that was the impression the dragon slayer got from her. Not that Nymara was known for reading people, but something told her the wizard saint would already have more important business than worrying about a busted up building. After all, Hargeon wasn’t exactly the crime capital of Fiore, so what reason would Leona have for being here? It didn’t appear as though Nymara would need to wait for her answer however, because as soon as Leona responded her reasons became quite clear.

“AHA! I knew I was onto something! If our friend Leona here has heard the same rumours there must be a danger in Hargeon nobody’s aware of yet. Well, aside from wherever these rumours came from I guess.” She snickered. “You guys gotta do a better job of keeping a lid on your operations, yeah?” Nymara would say with a fanged grin towards the unconscious man on the ground. “This is still quite concerning news. If information about this plot has spread then that only means it must be ambitious. It would not be a good idea to let this rest.” Lucky would interject, musing aloud while he had been thinking. “At any rate, it would appear as though our goals may be aligned, Lady Leona.” Lucky would chirp, looking towards the saint. “Allow my companion and I to pay back this excessive destruction by helping you root out these nefarious ruffians before their plot can come to fruition.” He would quickly straighten his back and put a hand to his chest, bowing his head. “By my knight’s honour, I swear it.” He would say. Nymara stared at the exceed with a small chuckle, finding his boasting as a knight to be quite entertaining. Still, she couldn’t deny the truth in the exceed’s words so she would look back to Leona with a smile. “Cat has the right idea, maybe we could work together on this one, aye?” She’d respond with a fanged grin before a look of sudden clarity washed over the firebrand. “Ah, I just realized we haven’t even introduced ourselves yet! I’m Nymara! This is ‘Ser Lucky’ as he enjoys calling himself.” Nymara would say curtly, causing Lucky’s eyes to narrow somewhat in her direction. “I apologize for not saying anything sooner, my lady. It completely slipped my mind when I heard of your presence.” Lucky would confess, prompting a light eye roll from Nymara before she spoke up once more.  “Great, now that we’re all introduced and friendly should we get goin? Won’t be long till whoever hired these goons realize their plan failed.” Nymara would say, getting a little antsy. Lucky would turn to his companion. “And where do you suppose we start? This one won’t be awake for a few hours by the looks of it.” Lucky would say in reference to the bruised man. “An’ he had friends, didn’t he? They were searching that ol’ library so my guess is that’s a good a place to start as any.” She’d say with a shrug. “Oh damn, those two are probably long gone by now, eh?” She’d say with a nervous chuckle, looking back up to the large hole in the building.

After inviting Leona to follow, Nymara would make her way back up to the top floor of the old abandoned building towards the library. “So uh.. What exactly did you hear? Man from earlier said he was looking for evidence of some sort of book or tome. Not quite sure. It’d be too much to hope it would just be lyin’ around this library, right?” She’d laugh as they ascended the stairs. These things were never that easy. “I also don’t know much about ya’ to be honest.” Nymara would also say as they continued upwards. She knew about the wizard saints and their order through reputation, but aside from her own guildmaster she did not actually know the identity of most of them. That was entirely her own fault however, as Nymara rarely consumed any type of news or info about the world beyond unless it involved her own small corner of it. Relatively speaking she was still new to life as a guild wizard, so the main intricacies of guild politics and the wizards behind them were lost on her. Not that she put much effort into caring though. It wasn’t like she expected to randomly cross paths with a saint on her way back from another job. “What’s Leona’s story eh? I know you must got some tales to tell with all the power you possess.” Nymara continued. She wasn’t sure what type of magic the saint used, but she was still excited to see it in action whatever it was. Powerful wizards never disappointed.

853 Words | PWC: 2,509 | TWC: 4,497

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 19th March 2024, 4:20 pm

Leona heard the redhead introduce herself as "Nymara" and the cat be introduced as "Ser Lucky" and finally gained names to put to their faces. She also heard the proposal that the two mages and the cat work together to investigate the rumors and put an end to whatever shady business was going on in Hargeon Town. Since the blonde had a special interest in protecting this town and also wanted to make up for what had happened during the fight with Medeia the Wizard Saint was going to accept Nymara's help to improve her chances of avoiding another catastrophe.

"Sure, Nymara and Lucky. I'd be glad to work with you to stop the plan before it comes to fruition." Leona accepted the offer to join forces with the duo with complete sincerity. She was not doing it for a public relations stunt... she really did want the help because she was far from the most intelligent or observant mage around. That was why she partnered with Samira on jobs of special importance such as the one in Iceberg where they had to stop a giant ice creature before it could destroy a village they had been hired to protect. The teal-haired mage was intelligent, patient, and observant and she always seemed to have flashes of insight right when they were needed the most. Samira was also no slouch when it came to combat because she could call upon a variety of powerful summons with diverse abilities such as Kukulkan the giant flying snake and a few others Leona could not readily recall the name of.

When asked if she had heard any particular details about the rumors that had brought her to Hargeon Town Leona unfolded her arms and shrugged her shoulders.

"I haven't heard anything more than the rumors you two have heard. I didn't hear any specifics like the name of the tome, the names of anyone looking for it, or anything to add to what little we know." Leona confessed that she had no new information to add. She glanced at the library not too far away from them and gave serious thought to Nymara's suggestion that the trio comb the building for clues before going anywhere else. The Wizard Saint thought that the redhead's idea was a good one because it was a logical place for the tome they were seeking to be hidden. Perhaps there was a hidden section of the library in which works too dangerous for the common person to get their hands on was kept.

"I think we should start at the library too, Nymara. I'm thinking that there's more to it than what's on the surface." Leona seconded the Fairy Tail mage's idea. Unless Lucky had a better suggestion the Wizard Saint was willing to go along with the redhead's idea because of how logical it was. That might make the Wizard Saint look lazy or make her look like she was a subordinate of the redhead's, but the blonde knew that she was not the sharpest tool in the shed and needed help with some of the finer details of an investigation. Nymara and Lucky would be a big help in that regard, but they seemed capable of holding their own in a fight too, so Leona might not have to worry too much about the pair.

"I have quite a few exploits worth talking about, but they'll have to wait, Nymara. I might tell you some once we stop the shady business that's going on." Leona confirmed that she had exploits that provided plenty of material for stories but politely suggested that telling them be put on hold until the business that had brought the trio here was taken care of. Leona hoped that the redhead would not be too upset by that idea because the blonde got the impression that the Fairy Tail mage held her in high regard. The Wizard Saint did not want to disappoint the other mage by showing who she really was, so the former would have to act like she had a working brain and pay attention during the search of the library... and not hesitate during combat if any came up.

[Post Word Count: 700]
    [Leona's Word Count: 2,688]
    [Total Word Count: 5,197]

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 11:47 pm