Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Floating Along (Anya's Intro)

Nessa Lachina
    Nessa Lachina

Player 
    Lineage : Phoenix Fire
    Position : None
    Faction : -
    Guild : Sabretooth
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 4,275

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Remnant Hydra Slayer
    Second Skill: Fallen God Slayer
    Third Skill:

Floating Along (Anya's Intro) Empty Floating Along (Anya's Intro)

Post by Nessa Lachina 4th September 2022, 8:21 pm

Floating Along (Anya's Intro) Anya-Template

There were a great number of bars all throughout Black Water Port. Not much of a surprise there. It was a haven for pirates. Drinking was one of the very few creature comforts and bad habits that were easy enough to transport on a ship without taking up too much space. It was only a matter of time before even the newest arrival to the port and the guild at large began to develop a 'problem'. And then there were people who had already begun to become more common faces around the port.

The veritable flood of grayish pink hair that was spread out across a small section of countertop at the very front of one of the less busy bars--The Teetering Toad--belonged to one of them. While her hair was usually done up in twin loops, and that thick coat was usually across her shoulders, it was all too easy to recognize one of the newest members of the fleet. Anya Elspeth. A girl who had found her way into the fleet by sheer determination to meet someone.

Unfortunately, being part of the guild didn't also mean you automatically had a spot on any of the ships. She groaned as she ran a fingertip around the edge of the glass of greenish liquid she'd been sipping from. "I swear, if another crew relegates me to just an emergency shipwright.." She muttered as she sat up once again, lifting the glass up to her lips before draining it entirely, slamming it down on the counter afterwards. She was certainly an interesting sight, what with her sleeveless top combined with those rather small shorts leaving her fairly exposed, as well as the dirty pink color of her hair.

It certainly made for a memorable customer. "Bartender! I'd like another one of these~!" She chirped, a broad smile spreading across her glossy lips. With a 'yeah yeah' as the only response she got, she gave a soft giggle as she reached up to her hair. Making those slim braids and that updo always looked like something that might take a while. But she'd always had quite deft hands and slim fingers. So by the time she got her drink refilled, she'd gone from having hair that went down to her waist to her signature hairstyle, including those slim braids that looped around the sides of her head. Why bother redoing it if she'd already let her hair down? Easy. Last time she'd been drinking alone, she'd gotten into a bit of a problem when it came to having her hair down.

Eventually the glass clinked against the wooden tabletop of the bar. Anya all but snatched the glass up and began to take another, worryingly deep swig.  

"It's insane, you know that? I can create all kinds of metal out of thin air, and what do they do? They only ask for my help when the ship springs a leak. I get that everyone has to do grunt work for a while, but jeez. You could at least have me work making artillery. At least then it'd feel like all of this floating I've been doing hasn't been for just all of the incompetent crews around here."

Was it the wisest to bitch and moan about the work she did in her role as a 'floater' bouncing between crews? Not really. But she was already about five glasses in at this point. And between the Absinthe in her system and her own experiences these past few months? It felt good to get it all off her chest.

Word Count: 590
    Total Word Count: 590
    Tags:  
    Gladiia Stralken
    Gladiia Stralken

Player 
    Lineage : The World Serpent
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Abyssal fleet
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 7,310

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Devil Steam Slayer
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Floating Along (Anya's Intro) Empty Re: Floating Along (Anya's Intro)

Post by Gladiia Stralken 9th September 2022, 11:40 pm

It was difficult to tell when the day ended and the night began on the aptly named Shadow Island. Gladiia herself was docked with her airship floating above the water. Though to call it a airship suggested it was grander then it actually was, the vessel she called her own was from the salvage and no bigger then a sailboat. It didn't mean she could claim the vast riches other crews on the port did regularly but she preferred the solitary vessel. It's small size allowed her to travel unnoticed easier then most, which was needed.

Ever since her joining she had been wary of the mainland of Fiore, fact was she did not relish another encounter with their legal guilds. Not right now at least. Not to mention she had to figure out how to climb the ranks, she needed more wealth if she was to realize her goals. Not to mention the questions that the depths below her-

Gladiia caught herself as she stopped following the rabbit hole in her head, it was time for a drink. With flask secured in her coat pocket she made her way off the dock and into the mainland. It was a lively night; crews celebrating bounties and successes, finding lovers and enemies alike. While it was rowdy, the huntress preferred this crowd to most, it was a reminder of an older life.

After walking around she found a haunt for the night; The Teetering Toad. Sad their was no Toad balancing itself on a bar stool. She entered without much noise as she soon became enveloped by the bar's commotion. She wasn't surprised a few glances were thrown her way; her usual wear of white and black leather with the frayed cape trailing behind, she looked more gothic then what you would had guess in this crowd. Still they turned back to other matters, she had already proven that unless she wanted it, conversations with her were curt and kept short.

Finding a seat at the bar, she gestured for a glass which the barkeep silently obliged. With glass exchanged for coin, she looked at today's choice of rum. Taking a sip of it, she set it back down and pulled out her flask. The liquid inside poured out into her drink, the only hints of it's contents was the small pieces of leaves that poured out with it. Stirring it a bit and trying it again, Gladiia smiled as it now was satisfactory. Letting her mind wander, her attention was drawn to a giggle.

The huntress spotted the lady fixing her hair as she asked the barkeep for another glass. Once it was put in loops, the huntress placed her as Anya. Truth was she dealt with her a week back; she needed new hinges and locks for her skiff and found the mage to be quite adept in making such things, though at the time she kept their interaction short. Nothing wrong with the pink haired mage, it was just hard for Gladiia to do banalités(1), she needed a time and place to detach herself from her work.

Such as here. She listened to Anya's rant about how she felt she could had been doing so much more then a floating shipwright fixing the occasional leak. Gladiia couldn't have helped been reminded of her own time when she was green in her organization; as while she did it without complaint, tending to stables and maintaining others equipment was quite boring when compared to the hunt. Course their was reason, that same reason the one before her wasn't grasping in her stupor.

"You could also have your own ship to travel the waters if being a floating shipwright has become too boring for you. Though let me know; I think I will have to replace the railing on my skiff by next month and I quite enjoy the prior work you've done."

Gladiia would had slid closer to where Anya was sitting, removing her hat as she set her ruby eyes on the mage. "Actually, I fear if they did have you making artillery it'd get dull quite quick, only so many ways you can make a cannonball before it becomes repetitive no?"

WC: 699

OOC: (1) Small talk
    Nessa Lachina
    Nessa Lachina

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Nessa Lachina 21st September 2022, 1:26 pm

And there it was. Almost as if on cue, the moment she actually voiced her complaints about being made to make the same kind of thing she'd been forced to practice over and over when she was still learning how to use her magic someone who had benefitted from that very act all but seemed to pop out of the ether. Of course, that wasn't really what had happened. It just was a matter of the timing of the other woman coming off as almost comical to Anya. And of course, she thought it wise to just state the obvious.

"Ah, right. Sure, I'll get right on that with all of the free time and bullshit amounts of jewel that I totally have saved up out of the definitely not bare minimum slivers of cuts of jewel I've been getting." She sardonically shot back as she drained the last of her glass.

"You know, it'd be one thing if I could permanently patch something up with my magic, but that's not really how it works. Shit rusts over far quicker than it should. Why? Because fuck me, apparently." Wow. Someone was quite bitter. Truth be told, she had tried to fix a ship up, once upon a time. But when she'd gone on a job with another crew she'd been asked to fill out the ranks of, she came back to a ship covered in patches of rust and corroded metal from where she'd used her magic to patch things together. The total travel time of the job had been barely a month, including the on land transit during and after the job. None of the metal should have rusted over in that time--even with the fact that they were in a port city on an island.

Still, after this woman came in with her poor timing, she followed it up with a far more softball approach of a question, meaning that sardonic tone didn't stay for very long. "You'd think. But there's a lot of different things that go into a ships cannon. Regular cannonballs, sure. But there's also chain shot, grape shot--along with canister and shrapnel shot--basically there's as many types of ways to murder a ship as there are ways to murder a man." While at first blush it might have seemed confusing that she knew so much about artillery and weapons, it made a modicum of sense.

Anyone who had watched the--admittedly currently rather scantily clad--woman in front of them get into an actual fight, the variety in what few spells she had was rather impressive. Whoever had trained her had been thorough, covering both magical and practical knowledge associated with it.

However, it wasn't until after she finished with her bit of correcting Gladiia's statement that she froze up. She'd just realized something. In her bitching about how she wasn't lucky enough that her magic could just make fixing up a ship quicker, she'd outed herself on something nobody had actually caught onto yet: the fact that the parts she occasionally sold to people would inevitably rust over more quickly. "Oh. Shit. I doubt I can convince you to forget I said anything about the stuff I make being quick to break, huh?" She said, her voice turning into a low murmur at this point. If Gladiia had been any further away, it might have been hard to hear Anya over the clamor of the bar. Luckily for her, she was close enough that it didn't matter.

Word Count: 577
    Total Word Count: 1,167
    Tags:  @Gladiia Stralken
    Gladiia Stralken
    Gladiia Stralken

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Gladiia Stralken 11th October 2022, 9:40 pm

Gladiia held back a laugh from the pale ladies remark, the honesty though salted was not unwelcomed. Anya seemed well aware of her finances in the least, something that most here at the bar lacked to some degree. Then again, she was also more then a few glasses into her own night.

However Gladiia did take notice of her next rant, of how the work she has been doing was not as solid as she was advertising. Gladiia watched from the corner of her eyes to the rest of the room. Most were caught up in their own conversations to spare the attention here. Even the bartender had their back turned working on another matter. Or were they merely pretending?

She took advantage of the woman's change of subject as she demonstrated her own knowledge of artillery. "You know I would be quite disappointed if a mage didn't know a thousand ways how to break another." She said with a laugh.

Perhaps the huntress's mention of break highlighted what was mentioned, as her guildmate's expression appeared to darken. Gladiia knew she should be irritated at the new information revealed to her, she was expecting the parts she had to last at least a year, knowing they would be defunct in a month's time was a sour bit of news.

Yet their was a honesty in how Anya spoke and doubted the woman had malicious intent towards her cliental. Call it a hunter's intuition. Gladiia would lean in, her voice a murmur as well. "Fait pour durer jusqu'à son utilisation.(1). This would be quite hard to forget, especially since it seems like you were looking for a quick jewel. But I will not hold it against you do not worry, though to let you off so easy feels wrong..."

Gladiia would had turned her head to look towards the wall on her left, there she spotted a dart board that sat unused for the moment. Though it seemed in the state of the night, most if not all the darts had vanished from sight. "How's this then? A game of darts to decide what happens next. If you win the game, then you can walk away from here without worry. If I win though, then you owe me a...sizeable favor. Deal?" Gladiia would had looked the woman in the eyes as she finished speaking. If she had accepted her proposition, she would had allowed Anya to go first. Though Gladiia realized if her guildmate was too far gone for such a game. Ah well, what happens next should be interesting regardless.

WC: 431/1,130

OOC: (1)Made to last until it is used.
    Nessa Lachina
    Nessa Lachina

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Nessa Lachina 20th October 2022, 4:06 am

Of course this was going to turn into a game. And she really had to pick darts, of all things. There weren't ever actually any darts around the building in the first place! So when she was given that proposition, Anya had to let out a low groan. "I mean, it's not like I really have much of a choice, but did you really have to pick a game that means I have to do work before we can even play?" She complained as she raised her arms. Usually, magic was frowned upon in the walls of the bar. But the bartender gestured for her to do as she would. He'd only caught enough of the conversation to understand that they needed some kind of projectile to use his dartboard, and Anya's magic was perfect for keeping him from having to go out and order new sets of darts. They'd just get stolen again anyway.

While it wasn't necessary for her to do so, Anya let out a few grumbles as she laid her right hand out. Just as she was taught: Off hand to stabilize, dominant hand to do the proper molding. A glow began to emanate from her hands as she slowly began to spread them apart, a flowing mass of liquid silver streaming out from between them before it began to take shape. In a matter of mere seconds, there was a stack of throwing items settled on the counter in front of her. But these weren't simple darts, no. Anya had been the one to make the ammunition for their little game, so it was only fair that she got to decide what they were throwing.

"There. Since you picked a game that put me on the spot like that, I picked what we'd actually be using. Axes, darts. The rules are pretty much the same." She said as she split the pile of throwing items into two piles. There were only six total, meaning they each got three. Interesting.

"We'll use the same point system as darts. You get one rethrow if you miss the target entirely. Hit the target at all, and you have to commit to where it landed. We'll do each of our full turns one right after the other. So three throws, tally your points, and pull the axes out. Sound fair?" She asked as she picked up one of the silver weapons by its handle, tossing it upwards in such a way that it spun, allowing her to catch it by the handle as it came back down. They were weighted fairly enough. She wasn't good enough at her molding magic to make each individual one have a different center of balance yet, so she pretty much had to play fair.

Of course, once she laid out all of the rules, Anya scooted off to the side, gesturing for Gladiia to stand. "Of course, since playing was your idea, it'd be awfully rude of me to go first. Go ahead, take your turn. I don't mind going last." She said, a large smirk spread across her lips. She wasn't sure if Gladiia was familiar with axe throwing. Was she? No, not really. But she knew plenty of people were both familiar with and better than her at darts. Axe throwing was something less common, meaning they were potentially on more even standing now. It was sneaky of her, but she really would prefer to not wind up being on the losing end of the little wager she'd laid down.

Word Count: 585
    Total Word Count: 1,752
    Tags:  @Gladiia Stralken
    Gladiia Stralken
    Gladiia Stralken

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Gladiia Stralken 30th October 2022, 1:56 pm

She bought another glass and mixed it with the mix from her flask as she watched anya at work. Gladiia did admit the whole thing was on purpose, their were many ways to know who a person was in how they reacted. And so Anya obliged the huntress's request, though warped.

She watched as Anya began her cast, a glow emanated followed by the emergence by what Gladiia could rightfully describe as liquid silver. In a gesture and speed that would had surprised the huntress, six hand axes had appeared on the bar in front of them. She would had realized Anya had put a twist on the little game she had proposed; throwing axes instead of darts.

Gladiia couldn't have helped that she had set herself up for this, and destroying the bar she was frequenting did seem like bad manners. However upon seeing Anya's smile it was clear to the huntress that she could not back down from this change. What kind of hunter turns away from a challenge, a unexpected turn on the trail?

Gladiia after going through most of her second drink stood up, if the drinks had taken effect on her it was not showing yet. She would had picked up one of the axes and examined it. Simple in design, but had a polish to it that would had made sense for it to be decorative. Though as she moved with it in her grasp she would be pleasantly surprised by it's well balanced weight, even taking a few practice swings that she had done many times before.

"And the crews only have you as a shipwright? Scoff Indeed what a waste of your magic." She would had commented. If her swings prior hadn't given it away, Gladiia was well versed with many melee weapons including axes. Such knowledge was needed to make use of a arsenal as varied as hers. Of course, swinging an axe and throwing a axe...

She steadied her arm as she aimed for her desired spot on the board, she held her breath before letting the silver axe go. The force behind the blow was evident as it sung through the air, landing on the edge of the right side of the dart board, the wood itself clacking on the wall from such a blow.

...were two different things. Their was a reason why she preferred fire arms to javelins and slings.

Far from her intended mark, she hummed as she sat down on her stool finishing her second drink, hailing the barkeep for a third. "I'm surprised you chose throwing axes for this, and fine ones at that. Why aren't you part of some artisan guild learning how to sell weapons and other metal trinkets? Or did they tire of your choice of games?" She took the drink but the barkeep held onto it, giving her a look. "I will replace the board if our game gets too rough on it." Seemingly satisfied, he released the drink and returned to his own matters.

WC: 505/1,635

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 4:14 pm