Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Christmas What-The-Land

Xavier Clarent
    Xavier Clarent

Player 
    Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Guild : Confidence International (GM)
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 2,714,115

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Symphonic Savant
    Second Skill: Champion of Bastet
    Third Skill:

Christmas What-The-Land Empty Christmas What-The-Land

Post by Xavier Clarent 22nd December 2020, 10:28 pm

Hosrius Camnus "The Dark Angel"
    Job Log ###

“Chri-stmas. Christm-as. Christ-mas.”

The word was strange on Hosrius’ tongue as he repeated it a few times. He’d read it on banners and posters, lacrimavisions and posts on the Lacnet. Upon looking it up, he had discovered that it apparently was a yearly tradition that celebrated the yuletide season. People would invoke the spirit by the exchanging of gifts, the singing of songs called ‘carols’ and participating in different traditions. And apparently on the chosen day, a large man called ‘Father Christmas’ would visit every home and deliver presents to families which usually consisted of toys and wanted material objects.

It was a very strange practice, Hosrius couldn’t deny that. He understood the basics of holidays and even Jirians had their days that were sacred but this particular holiday was odd. Why would anyone want to celebrate a large, elderly man breaking into their homes and leaving wrapped boxes under a tree? And it wasn’t like the tree was moved inside for the sake of keeping it alive -- it’s entire purpose was to sit, dressed up in lights and ornaments, until the holiday was over and then it was discarded. It was a terrible waste of natural resources. But to each their own, he supposed; there was no point in overthinking a celebration that wasn’t his own. The humans seemed to greatly enjoy it so who was he to judge? And if anything, it provided an ample opportunity to learn more about the culture.

So Hosrius had taken a carriage out from the Neutral Grounds and ridden it to the outskirts of Hargeon. It was the closest city to his base and he heard that it had quite the festival going on. He paid the driver the jewels required, dwindling his accumulated currency to the barest of bones. Then he set out, walking down the path that would lead him to the portside city. It was only a few mile walk, nothing he hadn’t done time and time again.

And yet, something was off. He could feel it in the air; while winter had certainly brought a hard chill to the world around, Hosrius could sense something even colder. His gait slowed to a careful walk as his eyes narrowed, glancing about the area for some sign of whatever was tracking him. Had his target already discovered his arrival and decided to take him out first? He came to a complete stop, his arms slighting bowing out from his body as he got into a fighting stance. One hand slid back onto his utility belt and pulled out what looked like a tablet, just about the size of his palm.

But before he could do anything else, a small, specter-like girl materialized in front of him. Shocked the appearance of the ghost, he was frozen as she reached out and planted her hand against his forehead. His vision clouded over and suddenly he was thrown into a gallery of moving images, each one a memory from his past. His head swung around in all directions as visions from his former missions and bounties played out, somehow the reel managed to play the ones that had always left a blemish on his mind and soul. He gasped softly as he took in the sights of his worst deeds, his mind trying to rush and catch up with what was happening.

“Cem eh u vyugseh,” he cursed in Jiri as his hand flexed. He managed to press the button his thumb had been on, depressing it. The box in his hand opened up quickly, plates sliding over one another as the weapon within opened up. His rail sniper rifle formed in a manner of seconds and then, somehow through the vision, Hosrius managed to find the trigger and pull it, letting off a blast of compressed energy into the ghost. It vaporized the being instantly, releasing him from the trance. He stumbled backwards, shaking his head frantically as he brought his rifle up into position, the barrel swinging around in case the spirit returned.

TAG:@Rela @name WORDS: 678 000 NOTES: bleh

MEL @ WW

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Xavier Clarent
    Xavier Clarent

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Christmas What-The-Land Empty Re: Christmas What-The-Land

Post by Xavier Clarent 4th January 2021, 6:34 pm

Job Log ###

The little girl hadn’t returned after Hosrius’ shot had torn her to ethereal shreds but that just happened to unsettle him even more. What kind of creature could look into his mind and replay his memories with such clear clarity? Worse yet, why had she looked translucent, as if she was there but not really? His mind quickly returned to the information packet he had gotten about Earthland, trying to recall details about the enemies he could possibly face during his hunt. There had been something about see-through creatures but he couldn’t quite recall. His scanner hadn’t even picked up on her until it was too late, which was all the more concerning.

But something did alert him, an approaching entity from his rear. He spun around in his spot, dropping to a knee as he aimed down his scope. There, out in the distance, was a woman striding upon a large mammal. It was large, bulky, with fur all of its body and horns springing from its head. But it looked rotten away, its face nothing more than a skeleton. How could that possibly be? If any part of it was decayed, it should be dead and yet it lived, breathing out large tufts of air from between its bony teeth. All of a sudden it dawned on him, as he stared at the now approaching woman through the scope of his sniper rifle. The entity he had read about -- ghosts. Supposedly they were the leftover spirit of creatures that lived on Earthland, having passed into death but returned.

That was impossible. Once something was dead, it was gone. Unless that had something to do with the magic of this world? Deciding to weigh the philosophical questions later, he took careful aim and let out a shot from his gun, the sound of it shooting out reverberating in the air. The plasma bolt soared over the land and struck the reindeer in its shoulder, burning away its flesh and fur. But still it charged and the woman on top brought forth a bow made of ice, arming herself with similarly crafted arrows. She aimed and fired back at him, the thin piece of frost quickly coming upon the Jirian. He rolled out of the way, the icicle just barely missing him. As he came up, he once more got in a sniper’s stance and this time aimed for the woman as she was rearming. Two shots were sprung at the same time, as Hosrius brought up his arm and activated his gauntlet. A blue energy shield sprung into full shape before him, the icicle embedded itself in the heart of the plasma but going no further. Meanwhile, his shot had burst through the woman’s forehead, vaporizing her face and reducing her to glittering ash.

Hosrius gave a hard shake to his shield, removing the ice arrow buried in it. But before he could relax, a shifting of the air behind him alerted him to another enemy. He just barely managed to get himself turned around and his shield up as a hooded figure, far more terrifying than the previous two, snapped its hand out for him. It slammed against the shield and knocked him backwards, the alien bounty hunter rolling over his back. He came up, his sniper rifle folding back into a pistol as he let out several shots from the hand cannon. The plasma blasts ripped through the linen of the hood, creating wide, sizzling holes in the creature as it was knocked back. It fell to the ground and disappeared as well.

But there, standing in the path leading to the city, was an old man. He wore a wicked frown, embedded in his face from years of disgust and displeasure. He bore a tall top hat and a cane, which his wrinkled hands rested on. “You are not from this planet,” he stated to Hosrius simply.

“I knew my presence was uncomfortable to some people but most have enough manners not to attack me on sight,” Hosrius said as he flushed the plasma build up in his pistol, having used up all of its shots. It would take several seconds before he could fire again.

“I care not for your presence or your being. I have come here for the sole purpose of destroying Christmas and you have attacked my darlings. You will not succeed in defeating them again.” With that ominous message, the old man tapped his cane on the ground. From the spot where it impacted, a rush of blue fog rolled out. The three spirits returned, materializing out of the smog and setting their chilly gaze upon Hosrius. The bounty hunter sneered softly as he glanced at his pistol, still several seconds away from being ready.

The old man started to chuckle as he waved his spirits towards their enemy. They surged in from all sides, ready to attack the alien from every angle. But before they could touch him, another loud blast of fire broke through the treacherous laughter. The old man froze, his eyes wide and in pain, before he fell flat on his face, the entirety of his back smoking and riddled with plasma holes. The three spirits screeched as they melted into the ground, their master defeated and their existence wiped away.

Hosrius glanced past the body on the ground to see another imposing figure, his flechette gun still smoking as he stepped forward and planted a single massive foot on top of the old man. “Well look who found himself on this backwater globe of trash. How’s it goin' there, Hos?”

TAG:@ @name WORDS: 934/1612 000 NOTES: bleh

MEL @ WW

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Xavier Clarent
    Xavier Clarent

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xavier Clarent 4th January 2021, 6:48 pm

Rolling for guess the present.

NPC
    NPC

Mentor : Admin

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by NPC 4th January 2021, 6:48 pm

The member 'hosriuscamnus' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Normal Dice' :
    Christmas What-The-Land Die_03_42160_sm
    Xavier Clarent
    Xavier Clarent

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Xavier Clarent 4th January 2021, 7:16 pm

Job Log ###

“And here I thought I was getting an easy last hunt. I shouldn’t be surprised you came to rain on my parade.”

Hosrius glanced over at the taller, far more menacing alien that had been one of his longest allies and rivals. Grubar Waxx was a massive monster of an alien, standing at seven and a half feet tall. His entire upper body was bare but one couldn’t tell because it was covered in natural plate armor. Sharp spikes rose out from his forearms and shoulders, along with pointed edges to the plates on his head. A red tribal symbol had been etched into his chestplate, carved deep enough that it had scarred the material. Beady red eyes looked down from under the hood of the dark red plate and an amused grin tugged at the Scengar’s face. “Not my fault I get the same hunts as you. Guess you’re just lucky. I’m gonna guess… a Ferlexiod blaster.”

The two bounty hunters had made their way into the festival, after the Jirian had managed to shake off the surprise of his old friend. After talking a bit, it became apparent that, once again, they had both been sent after the same bounty. It was a shame really; if they had come here separate, they could at least work together. “Lucky is one word for it. But you’re putting a real risk on me getting out of this business. I think this is… an Artellian microchip.” The two aliens had found themselves at the closest booth to the entrance, which was apparently guessing what kind of item was hidden inside a tightly wrapped, colorful box.

The vendor was almost too busy staring at the large aliens to answer. With a glance at one another and then a shrug, they ripped open the top. “The hell is this?” Grubar asked as he plucked out a white and red striped hook, wrapped in plastic.

“Better than what I got,” Hosrius said, turning the box to his larger friend to see its empty compartment. But it was only a moment later that he felt the slight chill of something cool falling on him. He glanced up and found snow descending from the air all around him. Wait… no, it wasn’t around him, it was specifically on him.

The Scengar let out a whooping laugh. “Hah! Now that's what I call magic!” he pointed at the Jirian as he tried to wave the cloud of snow away. “Alright, what other odd things do they have to do at this ‘Christmas’ thing?”

“Grubar, did you hear what I said? I told you that this was supposed to be my last hunt. I bring in this target and my slate is clean. You’re getting in the way of that,” Hosrius caught up to the taller alien, now doing his best to ignore the snow falling on him.

“Oh I heard you. I just don’t much care. You’ve bested me in every hunt so far. But this time, I’m getting the prize. You’ll just have to hope that losing your perfect streak gets you a little leniency. Besides, where’s the fun in me just letting you go for it yourself? Half the thrill is besting the other guy,” Grubar said as he walked up to another booth with several folded sweaters and boxes of trinkets to design the clothing with. The Scengar grinned as he grabbed a bright green sweater and started thrusting things into the fabric, making sure they stuck.

Hosrius sighed and shook his head. “Well, you can at least do me the common courtesy of letting me know anything you’ve learned so far.”

“Thing is, I ain’t figured shit. I only got here today and happened to pick up on your ship’s signal. Just luck that I found ya before those creepy ladies got their hands on ya, though maybe you might have enjoyed that. We both know you gotta thing for the local cuisine wherever you go,” Grubar said, flashing a grin over his shoulder. Then he brought up the sweater, which looked utterly atrocious. He had basically just grabbed random knick knacks and glued them onto the fabric in a completely random design. “There ya go, Hos. There’s my gift to you, friend to friend.”

Hosrius took the sweater, looking it over and rolling his eyes. “Let’s go find something hot to drink. This magical snow or whatever it is is cooling me down.”

TAG:@ @name WORDS: 741/2353 000 NOTES: bleh

MEL @ WW

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 11:34 am