Name: Noah Alston
Special Characteristics: His eyes can change color as he desires. One glowing brand on his collarbone (covered in bandages). Scars on his face
History: Noah was born to a tribe in the far south, well beyond the borders of Fiore. Living in an abandoned temple, their small tribe practiced a monks lifestyle. Disciplined, detached from the world and determined to live a good, hard, simple life on their own; almost no-one even practiced any kind of magic. Noah was decidedly different. Since he was a child he possessed a naturally greedy and compulsive nature. When he saw something he wanted or couldn't figure out, he worked endlessly to learn about it out or have it. For a time his people tolerated his behavior and tried to steer him away from his more obsessive tendencies. And it worked; He became calmer, less indulgent and even began to put some of his tendencies. Then he turned 14 and woke to find a spirit sitting in his room. A descendant from his past, this spirit was entirely unlike the people he knew, happily welcoming his questions and offering him answers. In finding a source that could fuel his intense desire, Noah slowly began to slip further and further into his natural state; much of his time was now spent learning history, magic and lore from this ancient force. In particular the magic it taught him was ancient, a gift passed only to a few. Noah's compulsion again took over and when he was 16 he started visiting the neighboring villages to test his mettle against people who had a lack of any magic; even for a novice it was a massive advantage. But he was a novice, and eventually he put more power behind his attack than he intended, killing his opponent and injuring a bystander. The retaliation was swift from the neighboring tribes, his people would have been destroyed unless they surrendered him. To avoid forcing that choice on others, Noah marked himself with the brand of the exiled, displaying his mark in full view of the people before running for his life. His hope was to present himself as a rogue of his tribe, thereby forcing all responsibility on himself before fleeing. He barely escaped with his life and asked his guide where he could learn more. Naturally it pointed him north to Fiore. With nowhere to go, he headed north, hopping from island to island until he reached Fiore at the age of 20
Personality: Noah is a man guided almost entirely by his own greed and obsessive compulsions. Even as a child he barely kept it under check; now having spent the last few years alone he's been allowed to feed it near constantly. Lots of things and people take his curiosity, only a handful are ever obsessions. In the past Noah has allowed his obsession to sway his thinking, sometimes to disastrous effect, if someone knows what he's obsessed with, then leading him becomes much easier.
The one benefit that Noah has going for him is patience. He would have reached Fiore in almost a third of the time if not for the fact that he constantly stopped to investigate new item and people that interested him. When he is curious there's no limit to how long Noah will wait to understand a concept. Obviously the faster the better, and some risks must be taken; but if the only way forward is slow and steady, then so be it. Giving up is not his strong suit.
Despite the fact that he's been away from home for many years now he still practices their lifestyle in many ways. He lives very simply, opting to do his fair share whenever the question of work arises. This means on normal day to day matters he's actually super agreeable and willing to lend a hand to someone who asks; any money he makes he tends to spend on his research or give away. Outside of his obsession he's actually quite passive and happy to let others have their way. He tries to be friendly without being necessarily outgoing himself. He's spent almost his whole life surrounded by caring people so he tends to accept others are the same way innately. As a leader he takes a fairly hands off philosophy; everyone knows the mission and their assignments and it's up to them to do the job while he focuses on his own.
In a fight he tends to be a mix of caution and big risks; this caution along with his curiosity means that in a fight he will let his opponent throw some hits so as to better gauge their magic, even when he could end a fight earlier. Once he has learnt all that he can or it gets dangerous he switches to a more offensive style or retreat as needed. However as a result of his past he tries to never kill unless he has no choice.
- Gardening -: Noah enjoys tending to plants; he was raised to believe life was sacred at one point. One of his hobbies was collecting different plants from the places he's visited; most of which are now prominently displayed in his small garden.
- Questions -: Noah's mind is endlessly curious. Frustrating as it is he loves the moment when all of his hard work produces answers to questions.
- Sworsmanship -: Noah treats the art style exactly like that; an art. He was taught to wield weapons not to kill but as part of a former discipline which he practices as much for show as it is for fighting
- Killing -: Speaking of death. Noah will do what he must, but he's only ever killed once and that was one too many already. The act of killing again is one he never wants to do again. If it's a must he will but he won't like it. The idea that some enjoy death, worship it and murder in droves disgusts him.
- Lying -: Trust matters to Noah. To him a liar represents the worst aspects of people. A liar is one who obscures truth from being discovered and makes it hard for people to trust one another in this world.
- Wastefulness -: Having lived a simpler life, Noah isn't used to the wasteful extravagance that seems commonplace to some. He loses respect for those who can't live without going overboard in life.
- Find a teacher -: Part of the reason he came to Fiore was its abundance in magic. He came here hoping to find more people who can help him further his own abilities.
- Learn -: A more abstract goal. Noah's driving force will always be his obsessive curiosity. Until he dies, he will never stop trying to learn more about everything in the world
- Make peace -: The man went from a small tight community to living alone and now in a place with 1000s of people. It has been overwhelming and taxing on him. He hopes to settle and find a place to be permanently. So he can finally put the past behind them.
- Poison -: The idea of being made to waste away to nothing with few options to save yourself is scary to him
- Brand -: Despite the fact that few in the country can even read it in Fiore; Noah lives in constant fear that someone sees the brand and knows it for what it is. And the potential problems that may bring
- The past -: For all his trying, Noah never fully overcame his past. He remembers the day it all went south vividly. He still can't overcome his fear of it coming back.
Height: 180 cm
Weight: 65 kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Depends (Usually gold or red)
Skin Tone: Light
Appearance: Noah has a fairly athletic build as a result of his years spent training and surviving on his own this long. The first thing anyone would really notice about him are the 3 prominent scars on his face, one across his eye, another on his mouth and the last on his cheek. The more observant watchers notice his right shoulder is constantly bandaged up and covered; this hides the mark across his collarbone, which would otherwise glow incessantly, alerting those who understand the language to his nature as an exiled man. When he's off duty he prefers loose comfortable clothes over anything, usually in shades of green and greys.
On missions he dresses as shown in portrait. The armor is lightweight and designed with mobility in mind; its almost always kept in prime condition by Noah or someone he trusts with it. Upon reaching Fiore he had it rebuilt with local metals in that specific design. Being trained to fight he carries a few weapons with him while he's working.
The secondary is his outfit when he chooses to partake in more illegal activities such as dark missions or being in places he shouldn't be for the sake of his curiosity. As with his blades, he is also well trained with the rope darts.
Guild: Silver Wolf
Tattoo: Left side of his neck
Tattoo Color: Green
Last edited by Noah Alston on 16th September 2021, 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total