Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Wolf Pack Photo Watchout [SW]

TOGAtogaTOGA
    TOGAtogaTOGA

Player 
    Lineage : Dragon Spirit
    Position : None
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 10
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 750

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Gravity Gear
    Second Skill: ??? [Locked]
    Third Skill: ??? [Locked]

Wolf Pack Photo Watchout [SW] Empty Wolf Pack Photo Watchout [SW]

Post by TOGAtogaTOGA 18th August 2020, 10:19 pm

Since her travels to Fiore, she had the desire to hit the farthest reaches possible right off the bat. Rather than starting inland with places that were familiar to the lands she had already made her way through, she sought out to make a journey to one of the highest points in the country. Why would one do this? She wanted to take some good photos!

Who was this girl, bundled up in a thick parka jacket with a layer of snow pants, that trundled her way up the pathways of the Phoenix Mountains? What was she out for besides photos? What lied underneath those thick goggles to keep the biting winds out of her eyes? Why did she not wear boots or gloves over those special magic ones she had on? Was she not scared of the cold? All of these questions and more could be asked at random and ad infinitum, and we would get nowhere dear reader!

She seemed to be getting lost among the howling winds, thought he sun bore down, the heat only helped sustain her body by making the inner parts of her clothing drenched in sweat. It was all her body could do to regulate enough as she had been up here for who knows how long. It was for the sake of a photo. She needed to get to the highest mountain, to the coldest point, and then to take a bird's eye view of it.

At least she didn't leave a huge track in the snow, for her there was nothing to worry about with those special boots of hers, elevating herself just enough that she did not sink into the fresh white powder, as if walking upon the frozen alabaster like a hardwood floor!

Eventually, she found herself nearing the top, as if guided by the wolf-like wind howling around her ears. Taupe-hued hair billowing in the blistering wind. What she had not expected lay before her eyes. Ensconced right before her in the snow was a well established base of operations of some group!

Instantly she whipped out her camera and got to taking photos, eager to take some snaps of this place. Her boots had a purple magic circle under them before she jumped up high into the air, rather than coming down, she had plenty of hang time. She was going higher even and slowly falling back to the ground, getting a slideshow of pictures to start!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Character | Bank | Journal
    First Magic | Second Magic | Third Magic
    Move Speed: 30 m/s | Melee: 30 hp/hit | Sensory: 150 m
    Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Nemean Lion
    Position : Saint of Courage
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Silver Wolf [Guild Master]
    Cosmic Coins : 215
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 11,529,025

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Wind Strike Magic
    Second Skill: Wind Summon Magic
    Third Skill:

Wolf Pack Photo Watchout [SW] Empty Re: Wolf Pack Photo Watchout [SW]

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 18th August 2020, 11:32 pm

-Silver Wolf Guild Hall, Guild Mistress' Office-

Wearing her green, gold, and white outfit with bike shorts underneath the skirt and Argent Gloves on her hands plus PG-13 standing guard to her left, Leona was reading the manual to her new Daggerbook laptop when she should be wading through a medium-sized stack of guild paperwork instead. Leona had tried her best to be a dutiful administrator, but the lure of finally learning to work with modern technology was too great to resist. She was poring over the manual to the Daggerbook when she heard footsteps approaching the door.

Leona panicked and hastily hid the manual in a desk drawer, then shut it and began examining the stack of paperwork she should have already been working on. It was another stack dealing with expenditures on food and drinks for the guild cafe, expenditures which were quite taxing on the guild budget. However, the increased number of visitors to the guild hall and the frequent patronage by guild members helped cover that expense with a small profit left over, so Leona was not terribly worried. She set the paper aside and began to read over the next item, which was a summary of the guild's purchases of coffee.

Leona blushed a little because she had contributed quite a bit to that with her coffee habit. She set the paper aside and moved on to the next item, which detailed the number of visitors to the guild spa. She was about to read it when there was a knock on the door before it opened.

"Excuse me Guild Mistress, but there's something I'd like to tell you." The middle-aged staff member informed Leona. The blonde looked up and spoke to him.

"Yes?" Leona inquired.

"There's someone... jumping up and down... while taking pictures." The man reported as if he could not believe what he was saying. Leona too was incredulous. While someone jumping up and down taking pictures was kind of strange, it was not something that required her intervention. Still, it was something worth looking into.

"I'll go check it out. Thanks for the heads-up." Leona replied. He nodded and left the Guild Mistress to prepare to go outside. Leona checked to make sure that Ses Revanche was in her right boot; it was there. PG-13 moved to follow her but Leona did not need him.

"Please stay and guard my office." Leona requested of PG-13. He stopped moving after four steps and returned to his place to the left of her desk.

"Understood." He replied laconically. Leona left the office to go outside and see just what this mystery person was up to.

-Outside the Guild Hall-

Leona stepped outside the guild hall and began to look for the mystery person. She did not have very far to look because a magic signature was soon felt... but where was it coming from? The blonde looked towards the sky and found the source.

A young woman with taupe hair and wearing a thick parka jacket with snow goggles and purple boots was slowly floating down while snapping pictures. Leona blinked. She could hardly believe what she was seeing. While the sight was strange, it did not require an armed response, so Ses Revanche stayed in its boot.

"Hi there. Can I help you with anything?" Leona called out to the floating young woman.

[Post Word Count: 561]
    [Leona's Word Count: 561]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Wolf Pack Photo Watchout [SW] KjmbioC

Golden Lacrima is valid until 10/10/2024. The General Store: Page 10, Post Number 244 (Request), Page 10, Post Number 245 (Approval)
    TOGAtogaTOGA
    TOGAtogaTOGA

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by TOGAtogaTOGA 23rd August 2020, 2:02 pm

She had managed to get a good bit of air time, turning over in the air as she got a few overhead shots. Angles on printed photos were always meaningless when you could turn the paper as you saw fit, but for her, for any photo-bug worth their salt, a new angle of viewing could give way to the grandest of inspirations. She saw to it to try and get around just snapping pictures of the front of the building for now.

And as she was drifting back down to the ground slowly, someone had come out. Of course, the skittish deer-like girl twisted and turned in the air. Making a run for it!

Though when she was still airborne, it was like trying to run in the pool. You move your legs and body like crazy, but you get nowhere other than tiring yourself out from pedaling on the phantom bike!

When she finally came to the ground,s he was huffing and puffing, hands on her knees. She lifted an arm up, one finger pointed up to the sky as she begged for a moment of breath to catch herself.

Hacking and wheezing, she pounded on her chest. Puffing out little visible clouds from the cold catching the moisture in her breath, even escaping through her scarf. Looking up to the woman who spoke to her, she finally leaned back and heaved out one more big sigh. "Okay, whew! Okay...OKAY! I'm okay. Okay? Okay. Right-o, okay!" Clapping her hands together, she stalled a moment longer with that little roundabout speech.

"Hi! I'm Willow, sorry, I didn't know anyone lived here. I'm here just to take photos. I'm just...kind of wandering around. Hi! Yeah, uh. I'm nervous. Please don't hurt me? I'm fine though. I'm no threat. I just like using my camera! I got nowhere to run to. You could probably catch me. Please don't hurt me, oh god... I'm sorry I won't do it again!" From a confident little jumping bean to a prostrate potato, she was hunched over, hands above her head, down in the snow, pleading for the woman to not harm her.

What in the hell was this girl's problem?

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 23rd August 2020, 10:28 pm

Leona saw the strange mage float to the ground, then land on her hands and knees after getting exhausted from running in midair in what looked like an attempt to escape after being called to by Leona. The Wizard Saint was not quite sure what she was dealing with as the young woman floated to the ground, but she clearly meant no harm. Leona learned that the young photographer's name was Willow and that she was no threat to anyone before the latter began pleading for the blonde not to hurt her.

Leona paused when she heard that.

Was her reputation really that bad?

Did everyone in Earthland think that the only way she interacted with people was through violence?

To be fair, Leona had built a reputation for fighting over the years, so such a perception was not entirely unwarranted. Still, she was not so eager to fight that her first inclination was to attack anything that could be remotely construed as a threat. Leona could peacefully interact with other people; among other projects she was trying to improve her weak social skills so that she could change the public's perception of her. Maybe one day she could prove to the world that there was more to Leona Jarnefeldt than just fighting.

"Don't worry Willow, I won't hurt you." Leona assured the taupe-haired young woman that she would not be harmed by the Wizard Saint. The blonde could tell from the latter's magic signature that Willow was no threat to Leona. Besides, if Willow was a threat the spirit wolves would have either led her astray or taken other action against her. Leona thought of approaching to help Willow but decided against it because at the moment the latter seemed to fear violence directed against her person. Leona did not want to add fuel to the fire and mess up her first contact with the unusual but harmless outsider.

"I'm Leona Jarnefeldt, Guild Mistress of Silver Wolf. How can I help you, Willow?" Leona asked while staying right where she was. Leona did not see Willow as a threat, so now the Wizard Saint was focused on showing the visitor the hospitality that Silver Wolf's Guild Mistress should show to visitors to the Phoenix Mountains.

[Post Word Count: 376]
    [Leona's Word Count: 937]

Golden Lacrima is valid until 10/10/2024. The General Store: Page 10, Post Number 244 (Request), Page 10, Post Number 245 (Approval)
    TOGAtogaTOGA
    TOGAtogaTOGA

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by TOGAtogaTOGA 26th August 2020, 1:46 am

Willow hadn't the foggiest clue who this person was, she knew not of the reputation of the stalwart knight before her. Instead her deer in the headlights panic was caused by a rather skittish naturee of being on her own for a majority of her time as of late. It didn't bode well for the psyche of someone who was trying to convince the world her town really did disappear.

"Guild...Mistress..." She trailed off for a moment as she was stroking her chin in thought at that, before looking up at Leona with a bright eyed smile, twinkling stars dancing across her gaze while she beamed a high end smile. "So you're like a group of mages that does stuff? Oh my gosh can you help me! See I have been trying to convince everyone my town was erased from the map. Well I mean...Hold on."

She backed up and took a moment, bringing her hands together, up overhead. Taking a deep breath in, and as she exhaled her hands came around, parting from each other to form a large circle. Meeting at her stomach as she pushed them down. "Okay. So, here's the thing. I'm convinced my town is missing, not just from the map, but all maps, and the land itself. There's just a big black spot. And people with magic can see it, but there's so few that believe me. And anyone without can't even comprehend it. And I'm trying to investigate what's going between this and all the other towns it happened to. And my parents and family and everyone in the town was engulfed in the blackness, and they were forgotten about by most people. ANd I've been on my own ever since. And Am I talking too fast? I'm talking too fast. I should slow down! Sorry! Sorry!" She was already having some trouble breathing from winding herself with that little speech.

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 26th August 2020, 4:30 pm

Leona blinked when she heard Willow talk about her reason for being here. According to the photographer, the town she was from did not just disappear from the physical world, but also maps. That change was not just limited to maps of the region where the disappearance had happened. The change had also happened to maps in places far from the missing area. Leona had never heard of anything like that in her life.

"It's OK, Willow. You're not talking too fast. I understood everything you said." Leona said in a calm voice to reassure the young woman that she had not made a mistake that would drive the Wizard Saint away.

The situation was beyond anything Leona had ever heard about or experienced. The Crimson Sashes undoubtedly wanted to wipe Nebdoui and its allies off the map just because they could, but somehow it was different from what had happened to Willow's place. The desert raiders planned to kill the villagers, take whatever valuables they wanted, torch the place, and move onto the next target. While that approach would have wiped Nebdoui from the map, it would have still existed on maps and in the memory of Desierto's citizens.

Whatever had happened to Willow's town was "wipe somewhere off the map" taken to the extreme. The worst thing about it was had Willow failed to escape the region or had been in the area when the mass disappearance happened, Willow would have vanished too and Leona would have never known what happened. That in itself was unsettling to think about, but more was yet to come.

To make matters worse, all of Willow's friends and family had gone missing too by being "engulfed in the blackness." Somehow Willow was the only one who remembered that they had ever existed. Leona found that story disturbing in more ways than one. She could not wrap her mind around the idea of an entire series of towns disappearing, their locations disappearing from any and all maps ever made like they had never existed, and their citizens vanishing both physically and from the memory of everyone except Willow.

Leona felt a dim but gradually growing sense of horror at the level of magical power it would take to accomplish something like that. The fact that Willow was the only one left who even knew that this had happened somehow made it worse. And she had survived all this time with the knowledge that she was the only one who knew what had happened. How the photographer had made it here without experiencing more distress was beyond the Wizard Saint.

"Tell me something, Willow." Leona said to the young woman, suppressing her sense of horror at both the incident itself and the magical power required to make it happen. She had a hypothesis.

"Before the towns disappeared, did you know of any wizards in the area with a grudge against any of the towns? Like one strong enough to make things disappear? Or a group of them that could combine their power to make it happen?" Leona asked Willow. The Wizard Saint's hypothesis was just that, a hypothesis. It was also a bit cliche to blame mages, but Leona had nothing else to go on and decided to start with that line of inquiry first.

[Post Word Count: 551]
    [Leona's Word Count: 1,488]

TOGAtogaTOGA
    TOGAtogaTOGA

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by TOGAtogaTOGA 2nd September 2020, 1:32 am

Taking a moment to catch her breath, she stepped back, and brought her hands together, bringing them up to her face and overhead. Swinging them down in that Zen circle motion, she brought them back to her stomach as she exhaled. It was a little something she did to keep herself from calm and acting out of turn or snapping whenever things got too hectic for her.

"Alright, thank you ma'am! I'm going to just, one second while I collect my thoughts."

Crouching down in the snow, she shivered all over, hugging onto herself as a harsh wind bellowed through. "Can we maybe talk inside? Please? Where it's warm? Please?"

If she was lead inside she'd be much more comfortable, much more at home. Not that she had an 'at home' to consider anymore. "As far as grudges, no. All I know was there were nine figures. They were all smoky. Like...a collection of wisps of smog that formed into these strange looking figures."

She curled up on the floor, going into the fetal position at the thought of remembering them. "When I saw them, when I saw that a tenth was coming out of the town that formed from it...I don't know. I just, I felt my sanity being pulled like it was a piece of taffy on a hot summer day; and their eyes." She pulled herself into a tighter ball.

"I can't forget those empty orange glowing things that just gazed at each other. And when they all looked at me... i thought I was having a nightmare. But they just all walked away together and then disappeared..."

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 2nd September 2020, 9:49 pm

OOC: I have TOGA's permission to move Willow from outside of Silver Wolf Guild Hall to inside the guild hall.

Leona watched patiently as Willow took a moment to get her breath after the rapid-fire speaking she had just done. She then noticed the hapless photographer crouch down in the snow and shiver as a cold wind blew between them and rustled Leona's hair. The Wizard Saint was wearing an outfit that left most of her legs exposed, so she should be colder than Willow, but since she had spent a little over two years in this region, she was mostly used to it.

"C'mon Willow, let's go inside. I can tell that you're cold." Leona bade the photographer to enter the guild hall so that they could converse in a place that was more comfortable for the newcomer. Leona walked slowly so that Willow could keep up with her as the Wizard Saint headed back towards the guild hall. The former opened the door and let Willow in first, then closed the door behind her.

-Inside the guild hall, the guild foyer-

The pair entered the guild hall and paused in front of the blazing fireplace in the guild foyer. A metal guard prevented stray embers from popping out and setting anything or anyone on fire. It was in this warmer environment that the attempt to learn more about what had led to Willow's village and family disappearing would continue.

Leona listened to Willow explain that as far as she knew there was no grudge against Willow's hometown, only nine figures. These nine figures were "smoky" and "like a collection of wisps of smog that formed into these strange-looking figures." Leona had never heard of such a thing before, but what was more disturbing was Willow's reaction to them. The poor photographer curled into a ball on the wooden floor and looked genuinely disturbed.

Willow then added how she witnessed what might have been a tenth one trying to form that came out of the town, but she was not sure because the mere sight of the creatures had done a number on Willow's sanity. Leona knew exactly what that felt like. The Halloween in Hargeon Town where she had went to the lower docks and encountered the ghost of Jacob Goodnight and all the other evildoers she had killed up to that point walking up to the dock on a blood-red ocean had done a number on Leona's sanity too. The rest of the story was not any better.

Willow spoke of "empty orange orange glowing things" gazing at each other before they gazed at her in unison. Willow recalled feeling like she was having a nightmare, but then they walked away together and disappeared. That was an abrupt departure for the things out of a nightmare, but it sounded like something that such a being would do. Leona was not sure what to ask next because Willow's memory might have been affected by the "stretching" of her sanity, but the Wizard Saint needed just a bit more information to go on.

"This might sound really stupid, but I have to ask. Do you remember in what direction the creatures you saw walked in? Did they head for a forest, for mountains, or for any other local landmark?" Leona asked Willow.

[Post Word Count: 532]
    [Leona's Word Count: 2,020]

TOGAtogaTOGA
    TOGAtogaTOGA

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by TOGAtogaTOGA 7th September 2020, 5:28 pm

When she was guided inside and shown a place to get warm, she picked a posh spot on the thick carpet in front of a grand fireplace. Letting the lapping flames lash out through the air, held back by only iron grating, she felt the warmth reaching out to her as her shivering turned to teeth chattering, and that in turn became a relaxed little quaking. Eventually, she was able to feel the warmth properly, but was still quaking out of fear.

Even as she recounted the events that happened, she was curling up on the carpet like a little ball, trying to hide herself from the memory of the event. Even as a number of different people from the guild walked back and forth, gazing at what was going on.

The wizard saint inquired of her what she recalled, if anything, about the direction the figures went. She shook her head vigorously, trying to not remember it at all. Throwing the memories off this way and that, she sighed and looked over to Leona, "They all...They all went different directions before just fading away. I, don't know much else about them."

Pulling her knees back up her forehead, the panicked girl just shuddered on the ground. After a few moments, she mumbled something, before trying to say it louder, "As much as it scares me, I want to know about them. As much as I am terrified to think about them, I need to know about them. I want to get photographic proof, and show the world. They're out there, and I know they are. Most people don't believe me, but I'll show them...I just want my home back."

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 7th September 2020, 8:41 pm

Leona had asked the burning question and had gotten her answer. It was not exactly the one she wanted, but if Willow did not know where the mystery figures who had given her nightmares went, Willow did not know where they went. Besides, the answers to every question in life were not going to jump out and slap Leona in the face. Like with the mystery surrounding King Saarghon of Desierto, the Wizard Saint would just have to go looking for the answers to the questions surrounding the ten mystery figures.

"That's fine if you don't know where they went, Willow. They're magical figures, after all. If magical figures don't want to be followed, they'll find ways to discourage people from following them." Leona assured Willow that it was OK if she did not know where the people went. Willow had reported that just seeing them and being around them had "stretched" her sanity to an uncomfortable extent. She had very little evidence to base it on, but that description made Leona come up with the hypothesis that the sanity-stretching effect was both a defense and a warning that said "don't follow us" in no uncertain terms. If they could do that, the Wizard Saint would hate to see what the mystery figures could do if they ever got serious about keeping someone from following them.

Maybe they just wiped the person out of existence with their mysterious magic.

Leona did not know for certain and she was not really sure if she wanted to know the answer to that question. She was still trying to wrap her mind around how much magic power it took to make entire towns disappear from the world and from maps. However, Willow needed help with her quandary and Leona would do her best to help. Of particular importance to the young photographer was getting her home back.

"I'll help you get your home back, Willow. I'll also help you get photographic proof of their existence so that you can show everyone that they exist in a way that can't be easily dismissed." Leona pledged to help Willow with her problem. Leona knew what it was like to have a home in danger. While Nebdoui's problems were not as extreme as being wiped from physical existence and maps, Leona's home was in very real danger of being wiped out by one good bandit raid. She was working to keep that from happening and she would work to recover Willow's home before it was too late.

[Post Word Count: 421]
    [Leona's Word Count: 2,441]

TOGAtogaTOGA
    TOGAtogaTOGA

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by TOGAtogaTOGA 9th September 2020, 10:09 pm

While she was busy trying to keep herself from having her freak out, so much that she was shutting out what Leona was saying to her at first. Her hands were clutched over the back of her neck. Fingers laced together tight as she tightened up her little ball on the ground. Now that she was thinking about them it was really hard to stop, like a punishment, a curse, something that forbade her from trying to think about them exactly. She had been doing her best to try not to.

It was only when the wizard saint made a promise to help her get her home back that she looked up, eyes all red and puffy from tearing up. She had been trying to keep them shut too firmly. "Th-thank you. I...I really appreciate it."

She needed a moment, eventually she'd sit up straight, looking at the wizard saint. "Can we, can we change the subjecT? Please? Like maybe, something about the guild? Tell me about its history, are there any good photo spots? Can we talk about anything? Please? I don't want to remember that anymore, I don't. I can't. Please!"

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 9th September 2020, 10:54 pm

Leona heard the request to change the subject and was glad to oblige. She could tell that Willow was having a tough time coming to grips with what had happened to her village and did not want to keep being reminded of it. Leona also heard the gratitude that Willow had for Leona's pledge to help her restore her home to the real world again.

"It's no problem, Willow." Leona said in response to Willow's gratitude, being careful not to keep bringing up a subject that the photographer really wanted to avoid discussing for awhile. Now it was time to shift gears and discuss something else. Fortunately for Leona the photographer had provided a couple of subjects she wanted to talk about such as the guild's history or whether there were any good spots for photo ops. Leona would be happy to oblige Willow on the first.

"Silver Wolf was in existence long before I came along, Willow. I joined Silver Wolf a little over two years ago when I was recruited by its first Guild Mistress, a mage named Leila Vergious. I had just finished a job that nearly killed me, which was to apprehend or kill a serial killer who was terrorizing Hargeon Town. His name was Jacob Goodnight and he used to be a miner before he took up the tools of a butcher and began killing people." Leona started talking about the history of Silver Wolf while adding how she had come to join the guild she now led.

"I encountered him at Hargeon Town's lower docks and managed to win the fight... barely. I spent a couple days in the hospital recovering from cuts inflicted by a butcher knife and after I was released I went to a tavern and happened to meet this silver-haired young woman with blue eyes who was really strong. She was named Leila Vergious and after I told her that I was tired of being Guildless and wanted some stability she told me that she led a guild named Silver Wolf and that Silver Wolf was always looking for new members." Leona continued the story.

"I decided to join and, as the saying goes, the rest is history. I've been with Silver Wolf for a little over two years, but there are people who've been with it since the very beginning. If you want to learn more I'd suggest talking to Kitalpha Aurence or Yuvon Mu-Myu. They were part of Silver Wolf long before I was." Leona suggested a couple of people to Willow if she was interested in learning more about Silver Wolf from the guild's oldest members. The Wizard Saint then took a pause to let Willow ask questions if she wanted to.

[Post Word Count: 455]
    [Leona's Word Count: 2,896]

TOGAtogaTOGA
    TOGAtogaTOGA

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by TOGAtogaTOGA 14th September 2020, 3:22 am

Listening to her explanation of the guild, it had a history, but she had only been here for two years? How did she ge tto be the boss before the senior members did? "It sounds like there's a lot of stuff to take in." She trailed off, looking up at Leona, some of the background characters. Working her way up to her knees.

"Is there some way I can join? I...I can't do much at the moment. My gravity gear is mostly for half of a G, and then I come back down. I'm still learning to use it. I have my camera, uh...I'm good at sneaking around and getting information." She tried to list off her assets and worthwhile points to keep her around.

"I need a place to stay, I need a bit of money, I can help out! I just. I need to do something to learn what happened to my home and get strong enough to fight one of those...those things!" She cried out loudly, lowering her head to the carpet, hands in front of her. She went into full prostrate for Leona, begging the woman for a chance to be a part of the guild.

If that wasn't enough, Willow would get up, tears in her eyes and pound a fist over her chest. "E-even if you tell me no, I'm going to go out there and find a way to find those things. Helping me or not, it's the scoop of a century and I can get my aunt, uncle and my cousins back!" She certainly had the bombastic nature befitting one of her age, but she was also nervous. It was palpable in her voice. She just sounded like she was putting up false bravado, trying her hardest to not have another freakout from thinking about those things.

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 14th September 2020, 12:05 pm

"There's quite a bit of background information on Silver Wolf that even I don't know just yet, but it's not because it's some big secret. It's likely available in the guild library. You can also ask some of the older members about it." Leona said to Willow. There was a lot that the Wizard Saint did not know about the guild she led, but that was not due to a conspiracy by the guild staff. It was the fault of Leona herself that she did not know more about the guild and yet another shortcoming the blonde had to rectify. The blonde always had to be on the move, always taking a job to keep Silver Wolf in the public eye.

Leona next heard Willow ask if she could join Silver Wolf. The Wizard Saint heard that Willow had the ability to sneak around and get information... she was clearly offering that skill as a way to earn her keep should she be allowed to join the guild. The young photographer then stated that she needed a place to stay and a way to earn money, both of which Leona could provide by allowing her to join.

Willow next declared her intent to find out what happened to her home and to get strong enough to take on one of those beings she had described to the Wizard Saint. Leona could easily sympathize with that goal since her own home was under constant attack. She wondered how Chief Elijah was doing lately. She was not sure if no news was good news or if things were really bad but Joshua and her mother were keeping things under wraps so that the people of Nebdoui did not panic.

To top it all off the young photographer vowed that she would go back into the world to pursue the "scoop of a century" and get her aunt, uncle, and cousins back even if she were not allowed to join Silver Wolf. Leona was impressed with the youth's fortitude. Earlier it seemed like she was not doing so well, but now she had found the inner strength to not only get back on her feet but also to focus on finding out what had happened to her home and family even if she had to do it without the support of a Wizard Saint. Then again, clear goals tended to give people focus, especially when the stakes were personal. Again Leona could sympathize with Willow's situation because her own family was in constant danger of being killed by bandits or captured by slavers.

"Don't worry, Willow. You're welcome to join Silver Wolf, but before you do, would you like to hear about the guild's three divisions?" Leona stated that there was room in the guild for Willow before asking the latter if she would like to hear about the guild's three divisions before making the decision to join Silver Wolf.

[Post Word Count: 488]
    [Leona's Word Count: 3,384]

TOGAtogaTOGA
    TOGAtogaTOGA

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by TOGAtogaTOGA 17th September 2020, 7:40 pm

Divisions? She blinked a couple of times while looking at the woman before her. After bearing her heart to the woman in the hopes of getting picked up and placed in the ranks, she just calmly spoke to her about joining the order of the Silver Wolves. "Wait, wait wait wait wait wait!" She waved her hands in front of herself like crazy, trying to get the woman to hold up for a second.

"You mean you guys are so big that there's three different kinds of silver wolves? Do you call one branch bronze? Or Gold?" She snarked while an eyebrow quirked up, her lips curled into a cheeky grin the whole while.

"So, I uh. I have some questions actually.... I don't know much about guilds and," She trailed off, taking a few photographs of the inside of the base. Twisting at her heels and leaning back to get a worm's eye shot at the ceiling. Spinning around and snapping a picture of the fireplace, something that was therapeutic for her. Every click, click, click of the camera helped her to collect her thoughts. "Can you tell me more about the guild and like...this is all legal right?"

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 18th September 2020, 12:40 am

"We have three divisions to our guild, Willow. The first is the Hunters. The second is the Scholars. The third is the Defenders." Leona started explaining to the young photographer how the guild was broken up into three divisions. The Wizard Saint was mildly amused by the joke and let it pass without comment, instead focusing on how to explain the guild's divisions without insulting her intelligence with overly simple word choice.

"The guild's mission is treasure-hunting, the conservation of magical artifacts, and magical research. The divisions all have a particular task that works towards those goals. The Hunters are the ones who travel across Earthland and find treasure and artifacts. The Scholars research the magical properties of artifacts and work to preserve them for future generations. The Defenders protect both the guild hall and the guild vault from would-be thieves who want to steal the artifacts we've collected." Leona gave Willow a brief rundown of what the three divisions did and how all three worked towards Silver Wolf's mission. She saw the photographer snapping shots of the guild hall and saw that Willow was starting to be in better spirits than she was when she first arrived at the guild hall. She then recalled Willow's question about whether everything was legal and decided to answer it the best she could.

"Silver Wolf is an Independent guild, meaning that while we don't follow the Magic Council, we're not their enemy either. As long as we don't commit mass murder or other terrible crimes, the Magic Council pretty much leaves us alone." Leona answered Willow's question the best she could. There was a lot of gray area considering how artifacts were acquired, but as an Independent guild the gray area should not bother them too much... at least in theory. Leona herself wanted to keep a good relationship with the sultans of Desierto and the ruling class of Midi, so she did not just saunter in and take what she wanted. She tried to respect the countries in which she traveled and took only from sites that had not been claimed by the ruler of the country.

That in itself was another gray area, but something had to give. Running a guild was not cheap. Leona also was not going to let artifacts like tomes of eldritch lore or powerful weapons sit out in the open waiting for dark mages to collect and use. She had possibly violated the law by going into Silent Cemetery with the intent of trespassing to keep the Aggression Pack from being taken and use to commit some atrocity by Dark mages or criminal gangs, but she would do it all over again to keep dangerous items out of the wrong hands.

[Post Word Count: 456]
    [Leona's Word Count: 3,840]

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 5:30 pm