Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

A New Pack (Intro/Open)

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Nemean Lion
    Position : Saint of Courage
    Guild : Silver Wolf [Guild Master]
    Cosmic Coins : 40
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 280,185

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Wind Strike Magic
    Second Magic: Wind Summon Magic
    Third Magic:

A New Pack (Intro/Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: A New Pack (Intro/Open)

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt on 31st July 2020, 5:44 pm

Leona was not terribly surprised to learn that Tuco could care less if his chosen lieutenants took the bait and got captured, but part of her had thought that he would care a little about the people who had been by his side since the beginning. Oh well. There was no use belaboring the point any further, so Leona cut to the chase.

"Whenever you're ready to lure out Tuco or his lieutenants, let me know and I'll be the bait. Don't worry too much about me. Just be sure to complete the mission." Leona said to Jaesa. The Wizard Saint had faced death many times before and had come out alive, so she was convinced that she had a few more good years of fighting evil left. Considering the risks of her lifestyle and the enemies she had accumulated over two years, Leona had best make them count. One of the best ways to make them count was to eliminate any threats to the guild she had been entrusted to lead and protect.

Leona listened to Jaesa say that both of them did not start off in the best places but they had become stronger because of it. While that may or may not have been true, it had prepared Leona to be able and willing to kill to ensure that threats were permanently dealt with instead of sparing them out of misguided mercy and having to confront them a second time. In fact, her rough desert upbringing might have worked too well because Leona was able and willing to kill more than a Wizard Saint should be. However, job offers kept rolling in, so the blonde must have been doing something right.

"Yeah, you're right, Jaesa. If I didn't have that magic I'd have been just another statistic before I became strong enough to go from minor nuisance to major threat. I've got the Desierto outlaws so wary of me that sometimes different groups gang up just to try and get rid of me. They haven't succeeded yet, but I'm flattered that they want me gone so badly. If they're all gunning for me, they usually don't bother the desert villages that much... I can live with that." Leona gave a bit of commentary on her situation. Jaesa was right about her. While Leona's upbringing was rough, it had not eaten away her morals. The Wizard Saint was willing to fight for the little guy and was not averse to taking jobs considered "beneath" her status because she wanted to. Sometimes Leona appreciated a break from fighting all the time and wanted to do something different like help Dr. Anna on an archaeological dig or expand her knowledge of modern technology.

When Jaesa offered to help Leona with her desert bandit troubles, the Wizard Saint hesitated for a moment. She did not want to drag Jaesa into what had been a personal quarrel between Leona and the gangs, but then she thought about it a little more. Jaesa was no newcomer to the mage world. She was almost as strong as Theo Silversong and had proven her ability to handle herself. Maybe the Wizard Saint should swallow her pride and accept the offer.

"I may take you up on that offer, Jaesa. Not now, but one day I may need your help. The outlaws are starting to take the gloves off and go after me full force and I'm not sure I can handle it if they get serious about taking me down. And I appreciate the offer of help. Helping each other is what being in a guild's all about." Leona said to Jaesa, thanking her for the offer of help with one of the former's most persistent troubles. Leona did not want to get others involved in her own quarrel, but the outlaws were getting smarter and tougher. They were starting to send in their best men to oppose her and were coming up with new tactics to limit her effectiveness against them; the Crimson Sashes had already demonstrated their ability to use new tactics like employing poisoned weapons and fighting in coordinated teams. She was not helping Jaesa to build up favors, but the situation with the desert outlaws might be one time where asking for help was a good idea.

[Post Word Count: 716]
    [Leona's Word Count: 8,658]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A New Pack (Intro/Open) - Page 2 KjmbioC

Golden Lacrima is valid until 9/22/2020. Proof of purchase is here. Page 18, Post Number 441

Jaesa Fenrir
    Jaesa Fenrir

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Forever Solo- Teaming Up!- Devotee of Darkness- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 
    Lineage : Ancestral Sin
    Position : None
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Experience : 551,780

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Requip: The Bounty Hunter
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Jaesa Fenrir on 1st August 2020, 5:59 am

As the conversation had deepened, Jaesa had come to understand the magnitude or just what she and Leona were about to do in terms of changing the face of Lavanitir’s landscape. By killing Tuco and his men, it would hopefully allow the city to prosper and grow once again and yet there was a part of the hunter, the more cynical half that came to the conclusion that perhaps another criminal group would simply fill the void. The city was beyond the rules of the council for the most part and was self governed and those in charge were hardly trustworthy either. The government and the criminal groups were interlinked making the whole situation difficult. Well, perhaps shaking up the status quo would change things and frankly, Jaesa was beyond tired of the troubles that plagued both herself and her home. When this matter with Tuco was done, she was unsure if she’d return there again. Perhaps it was better if she just focused on Silver Wolf and abandoning her Lavanitir roots. What did she truthfully have left there anyway besides bad memories?.

There was a directness to Leona that Jaesa found rather refreshing and when the Guild Mistress confirmed just how willing she was in aiding the hunter, she couldn’t help but smile. “I don’t plan on hanging around too long in order to get this done. Once I’ve settled into the guild, I’ll be sure to let you know when it’s time to get things going. Tuco and his men’s time is up and there’s nothing more to do except pull the trigger. We’ll get it done and end this before his influence spreads any further.”

Jaesa wasn’t surprised in the slightest as Leona commented on her own situation and answered rather swiftly, “The fact that they continue to attack you rather than go after softer targets says a lot about how effective you’ve been in getting under their skin. I think that you’ve hit them where it hurts the most, the ego and that might be partly why they keep going after you. You make them look like trash by beating them so easily and so they’re desperate to try and repair their reputation, even if that means teaming up. I can only imagine the tension that there must be in the camps of your enemies right now and if they’re anything like the ones I have, then the slightest argument could end up resulting in violence. Who knows, they may break apart and turn on each other if you keep beating them so badly.”

Truthfully, the hunter wasn’t sure if Leona would accept her offer or not. Accepting an offer of help was never easy and having been in the same situation just a minute before, Jaesa could understand the hesitation. When the Guild Mistress decided to accept her offer, the hunter was pleased, nodding her head. “I’ll be there if and when you need me, Leona and I’ll take out as many of them as I can. I admit that I’ve not been to Desierto before and so besides what you’ve told me already, I’m somewhat limited when it comes to knowledge of the area. Still, that won’t stop me from getting involved and taking out the outlaw scum. We’ll get rid of them, I have no doubt of that.”

(556 Words)
    (7650 Total WC)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

A New Pack (Intro/Open) - Page 2 SlSDkmz

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt on 1st August 2020, 11:56 pm

Leona was glad to have Jaesa's offer of help with the bandits. It was nice to know that someone had her back without having to make a Faustian bargain like the one that had been made with the sultans of the Tri-Council Cities. Leona was sure that the price for their help with the bandit problem was only going to increase as time passed, but she had no choice but to accept their aid now and pay the cost later.

"Let me know whenever you're ready and I'll help you with Tuco and pals. I'll be there to help out. Just tell me how you want things done and I'll do my best to make it happen." Leona assured Jaesa that she was willing to go whenever the bounty hunter was ready. Since it was Jaesa's operations Leona would let her call the shots. The Wizard Saint did not mind taking a secondary role just as long as the threat to Jaesa and Silver Wolf was extinguished. When Jaesa spoke of how effective Leona was, the Wizard Saint gave a small smile.

"I've made a little bit of progress because some of the smaller outlaw gangs have quit attacking my village altogether, but some of the bigger ones are starting to band together. Killing an average of ten of their men per fight might be underperforming for someone of my power level, but they're starting to get smarter when they fight me and ten men per fight adds up over time. And that's not counting how many of their men die in clashes with the royal army or other outlaw gangs. If there's a silver lining to the situation, it's that many of the gangs will attack each other as readily as they attack me, which gives me and my village valuable breathing room." Leona said to Jaesa, pausing for a moment before making her next statement.

"However, when people feel like their backs are to the wall, they'll do anything to survive. Bandit gangs are no exception. I've been wearing them down over numerous encounters and they've been worn down by clashes with the royal army and with each other. I'm worried about the alliances they'll make to try and eliminate one of their biggest problems." Leona added. She then launched into a growing concern of hers.

"I don't know how they're getting access to them, but I'm also getting concerned because the biggest and wealthiest gangs are starting to arm themselves with bolt-action rifles and semi-automatic rifles." Leona added a note about the outlaws upgrading their weapons. The gangs were starting to trade in their bows and arrows for bolt-action rifles and that upgrade made fighting them more difficult. Leona only hoped that Nebdoui and its allies could get access to a reliable supply of bolt-action rifles and ammunition before it was too late.

"In addition, the gangs of Desierto have already banded together at least once before. I remember The Golden Band, a slaver gang, allying with another bandit gang to raid my home village a few months ago. The militia and I stopped them, but they brought about 200 men to that fight and there's no telling how many more men The Golden Band can throw into the fray if they get serious." Leona cited one example of outlaw gangs working together to try and take her down. She was not sure if The Golden Band was the gang that threw 300 or so men at her in the last raid on her home village, but it could have been. She definitely remembered them joining forces with another gang on at least one occasion.

"If you're still willing to help me, we'll need an equalizer against a lot of men on horseback armed with bolt-action rifles." Leona warned Jaesa before stopping. The Wizard Saint had told Jaesa a lot in a short time, so she paused for a bit to let Jaesa think over everything that had been said and to offer her opinions and advice.

[Post Word Count: 670]
    [Leona's Word Count: 9,328]

Golden Lacrima is valid until 9/22/2020. Proof of purchase is here. Page 18, Post Number 441

Jaesa Fenrir
    Jaesa Fenrir

Alt Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Custom Slayer- God Slayer- Demon Slayer- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Forever Solo- Teaming Up!- Devotee of Darkness- Unknown Powerhouse- Unknown Legend- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Halloween Social- Halloween job event participant - Rich- Character Application Approved!- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Tertiary Magic- 1st Place Event/Contest Winner- Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Jaesa Fenrir Yesterday at 3:59 am

There was a lot to process and Jaesa remained silent as Leona spoke, creating a mental picture of the situation. It sounded as though Leona’s homeland was a bit of a free for all in terms of outlaws. Royal guards, militia’s, bandit gangs, slavers, it sounded like an absolute nightmare to just survive in such a place and Jaesa didn’t underestimate the difficulties that Leona must have to face every time she went into battle back home. Politics had never been the hunter’s strong suit although it seemed to her that there must be something going on behind the scenes, especially in regards to the change in the outlaws weaponry. Jumping from bows and arrows to rifles in such a short space of time was just too suspicious to the hunter although there was a plus side to that, in a strange sort of way.

“The thought of taking on cavalry with bolt rifles is worrisome but I have a suspicion that by advancing their weapons so quickly, they’re not going to be all that great at using them in battle just yet. Firing a bow on horseback is difficult enough but a rifle is another level and I seriously doubt that the rank and file members of the gang are going to be that skilled. They are as likely to hit each other as they are us. The most effective way would be to shred through them using a weapon with a high rate of fire. I have a minigun in my arsenal of requips that can do the job and I should be able to take out a great deal of enemies before they reach me or at least cause enough chaos to cause their horses to bolt from underneath them.” Jaesa wasn’t quite sure just how many she could defeat but was confident in her skills. The hunter had spent almost her entire life going after one target or another and more experience than both. Alright, full scale battles were different from the norm but she wasn’t intimidated by that fact. Combat was combat regardless of numbers.

Thinking for a few moments, she’d then speak again, pondering about Leona’s comment about possible alliances the outlaws might have made, “I can't help but wonder that perhaps the sudden upgrade in their weaponry might mean that the outlaws are making deals with other groups, as well as each other. The sudden change in the level of their gear just sounds strange to me. I assume that there is a black market of sorts in Desierto which would explain that somewhat but is it possible that they’re getting help from someone in your country's government? Perhaps someone who you’ve crossed paths with before? As you’ve become the primary target, it wouldn’t surprise me if the outlaws were teaming up with anyone who may have prior issues with you in the past. Hate and revenge are powerful motivators, after all.” Maybe she was just jumping to conclusions because of her own problems but either way, she thought it was worth bringing up.

(511 Words)
    (8161 Total WC)

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt Yesterday at 12:25 pm

Jaesa's insight into the situation was something that Leona had never considered. All the Wizard Saint saw was a threat becoming even more of a threat thanks to long-range weaponry she currently had no counter for. The experienced bounty hunter saw the sudden jump in tech level as something that could be exploited since the upgrade was so sudden and so far beyond what they were used to that most rank-and-file bandits had a hard time reliably hitting anything while firing. At the moment they were more of a danger to themselves than to their target; only the sheer volume of the bandits' rifle fire allowed them to remain a real threat.

Jaesa also added that while the sight of rifle-wielding cavalry was intimidating, the bandits would have a hard time reliably hitting targets while riding at a full gallop. Again Leona could use that to her advantage. While they could still be a danger due to the sheer number of rifle rounds they could fire, rifles were not an instant win for the bandits. Leona was an evasive target due to her speed and she had weapons that never ran out of ammunition... after all, one did not need to reload a sword. However, getting into range to employ that sword without getting turned into Swiss Cheese was the issue now that bandits were acquiring rifles.

"I never thought of it that way, Jaesa. Rifles are still dangerous, but they aren't the end for me because rifles are just like any other weapon. You've gotta train with them for a long time before you can use them effectively." Leona freely admitted that Jaesa's statement about the bandits was right. The Wizard Saint had flashes of insight from time to time, but her critical thinking skills were not yet what they should be. She then turned her mind to how the bandits were getting rifles and thought about Jaesa's hypothesis that there was a black market in Desierto.

"You're right, Jaesa. There has to be a black market somewhere in Desierto. The royal armories are locked up as tight as the sultan's palace and I haven't heard any reports of bandits making rifles themselves, so they've gotta be getting them from somewhere. But that makes me wonder who the supplier for the black market is." Leona added. That got the blonde to thinking, which was something she needed to do more often. Jaesa then put forward the hypothesis that the bandit gangs were getting help from someone in a high place, someone who was not likely to be suspected by the country's ruling elite.

"I know that I've pissed off a lot of bandits in Desierto for thwarting their plans, but I can't think of anyone in high places that I've pissed off. I've worked for one of the sultans several times and always gave him what he wanted, so I wouldn't think it's him. I don't know if any of his subordinates have it out for me, but I'd better get solid evidence of it before I make accusations." Leona said to Jaesa.

"You see, I've got two things working against me. Mages aren't exactly the most popular people in Desierto. Women have a subordinate role and are expected to stay in that role. I'm a female mage. Both of those work against me in a patriarchal society like Desierto's, so if I make an accusation that one of the sultan's people is plotting to have me killed, I've got to make that accusation bulletproof, airtight, and able to stand up to scrutiny." Leona grimly explained why she needed solid evidence besides the basic moral principle of not falsely accusing people of serious crimes. She was both a female and a mage, two things that did not help her in the traditional society of Desierto. While the younger people seemed to like her because she was a native of Desierto who was their age and shared some of their struggles in growing up and finding an identity, the older people had mixed opinions of Leona. On one hand, she was an upstart who did not know her place. On the other hand, she was a useful tool due to her power and the public relations potential that came with associating with one of Desierto's most famous people.

[Post Word Count: 718]
    [Leona's Word Count: 10,046]

Jaesa Fenrir
    Jaesa Fenrir

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Jaesa Fenrir Today at 4:10 am

Leona’s comment about weapon use was perfectly true and Jaesa knew that better than most. The hunter had many weapons in her arsenal and even now there were still a few that she had yet to master. Guns and other long distance weapons came to her quite naturally but her more close ranged ones had taken far longer for her to get used to. She was proficient enough with them all but she did much rather fight from afar if possible. Whether she’d be able to do that while fighting these bandits was a question that caused her to pause but she’d been hunting long enough to be able to adapt to her surroundings. The bandits wouldn’t know what hit them, that much was certain. She couldn’t help but feel a little pumped up from all of the talk of combat and Jaesa had to control her more adrenaline fuelled tendencies. She’d be willing to admit that she hadn’t expected such a complex conversation when she’d walked through the guild doors but if it was a window into what her time in Silver Wolf would be like, well, she was going to enjoy her time as a member immensely.

“I honestly don’t expect them to have much in the way of tactics besides spraying and praying,” Jaesa answered after Leona’s comment. “I’ve never tried shooting on horseback before but I have tried it on moving vehicles and it’s not an easy feat at all. If we remain elusive and keep moving, I highly doubt they’ll even get close to hitting us. Wouldn’t surprise me if more than a few of them actually fell off their horses while trying to aim, especially on unsteady ground like sand.”

The hunter pondered as Leona replied to her earlier comment about there possibly being a black a market and the hunter tapped into her own experiences in trying to help find a possible answer. “If the gangs are that desperate then they may be willing to buy goods from anyone in order to try and stop you. The suppliers could be inside the cities, have a hideout in the desert or heck, they could even be traders from another nation who the gangs have made a deal with. It’s difficult to pin down just who the supplier is although saying that…” She paused and then added, “If we could grab hold of a few of their weapons, it could help lead us to who sold them, with any luck.”

There was a noticeable sigh from the hunter as Leona spoke about the male dominated culture of Desierto. That was not going to help in the slightest and would add another level of difficulty, with the nations dislike for mages only increasing that further. Jaesa was beginning to understand the scale of the task and it sure as hell wasn’t going to be easy. “Then we’re going to have to get stuck in and try and find the truth behind all of this. The longer this carries on, the greater the risk to not only you but your friends and family too.”

She didn’t say it aloud at that point but she had another worry as well. If the gangs could get a hold of rifles did that mean that they could potentially upgrade again? There were far more powerful weapons than rifles in the magical world and if they managed to get a hold of them then who knew what damage they could, especially given their lack of training. They would be a danger to anyone and everyone and could potentially shift the balance of control in Leona’s country. Perhaps she was over thinking it a little but if her own experiences were anything to go by, anything was possible.

(627 Words)
    (8788 Total WC)

Current date/time is 3rd August 2020, 7:42 am