• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

    Heads or Tails

    Thagirion
    Thagirion

    Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Demon Slayer- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to the Void
    Position : None
    Posts : 442
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : ‭894,505

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Abysmal Blackness
    Second Magic: Mortal Coil
    Third Magic: Border-Realm

    Heads or Tails Empty Heads or Tails

    Post by Thagirion on 11th May 2020, 2:41 pm

    The Haunted Village, a place that had perhaps been named a bit too aptly.

    True, a lot of aspects regarding the place seemed to invite the idea that they might very well be haunted, though in truth, the village itself did not seem that out of the ordinary. The surroundings were however quite optimal for whichever being might want to go bumping around in the night. With the temple not far from the village apparently being the place these people believed to be the cause of the hauntings, it made a modicum of sense to Thagirion why the people that dwelled here were afraid to venture too far from their village. The way they saw it, if they ventured too far, chances were that they would get snagged up by whatever it was that they believed might be out there. In that regard, staying inside was a rather sound strategy if the place had been more sturdy.

    Ever since he had started blending in to the village in the guise of an old man, Thagirion managed to get quite a bit of information out of the people there. Among other things, he had managed to use it to fabricate a backstory as to where he had come from and who he was acquainted to, easing the great amount of distrust the villagers felt towards him at first. It also taught him that the people here were probably better of dead and buried.

    Had anyone other than him made such a claim, it might have been considered to be out of the ordinary, though that was not the case with Thagirion. Given the kind of being that he was, the lack of a human soul and feelings towards such beings was not that farfetched. He did not experience feelings and emotions like humans did, allowing him to look at things in far more direct ways that some would consider black and white. With him judging these people to probably be better off dead, he based it on the fact that they were depending on other people, outsiders, to bring them food and other resources they needed to survive as the vast majority was simply too afraid to venture outside. That, and the things they actually did do were hardly productive as many just drank themselves half to death in the local pub while the rest was at home, cowering and planning new ways in which to protect themselves from the supernatural.

    Part of him wanted to just put the whole place out of its misery, though on the other hand, it was the perfect location for him to work out a small plan he had devised. While it was likely that the people would end up even more scared, there was a fraction of a possibility that it might prove to them that merely locking themselves up inside of their homes would not be enough to keep them safe. It should show them that if something wanted to get to them, it would not be held back by a few wooden walls, doors and barred windows.

    Sitting in a rickety old chair on the porch of the pub, the old man looked out into the distance. Usually, people from the outside world would stop by the place to seek their fortune in one way or the other. While some sought fame by quelling the spirits from the temple, killing supernatural creatures dwelling around the village’s borders or by simply seeing to the fact that they would be able to eat for a few more weeks, there were also those who just came for their own reasons. The temple did seem to hold some things that might have been of value to some, the hauntings being the sole reason why they had not all been looted yet. For his plan to work though, Thagirion would need to locate a bunch of people from the outside world that could either prove to the villagers that the world was less scary than they thought due to the people protecting them from the evil forces.

    That, or they would end up proving that life out here was meaningless and that they should just go about taking their own lives before they could be brutally murdered by beings from the nether realms. Regardless of the outcome, Thagirion really just wanted to see how this would all end up. Comparing the situation he was soon going to create to the flipping of a coin, it was either going to end up heads or tails. Right or wrong. Good or bad. For now, he just closed his eyes and scoped out his surroundings through means other than sight as he simply relaxed in his seat.


    787

    appearance:

    Heads or Tails Fa604210
    Burgundy
    Burgundy

    Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descent
    Position : None
    Posts : 40
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Mathis Lora
    Experience : 2,625

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Palace Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by Burgundy on 11th May 2020, 4:11 pm

    The Haunted Village was a notoriously Haunted place. The citizens were scared witless of the supernatural beasts which existed throughout the surrounding area, and locked themselves away at the first sign of trouble. If rumors were to be believed even the wind blowing too hard on a less than sunny day could clear the whole community back to the relative safety of their various hovels. If more ominous rumors were to be believed, all their problems stemmed from a nearby temple.

    This temple had yet to be fully explored, since it was polluted with spirits, which scared off people seeking profitable, and more importantly, stable, income.  That of course meant that there was any number of valuable relic not yet excavated. Anything could be in there, from heiroglyphic slabs in an ancient tongue to secret superweapons that aught to be more securely contained.

    Cue a stern yet exciteable upstart from the Silver Wolf Guild catching wind of this information. While there was no posted job for it, he figured that the limits of his exploration needn't be restricted by the comings and goings of clientelle. Clients, after all, were always after something. The promise of museum-worthy relics was never on the table if there wasn't a great sum of danger on the line, or there wasn't some greater, more museum-worthy or even dangerous relic that they wanted.

    No, there was no way to ascertain the whims of a client until the very end of a job. At least, that's what his dad, a former Silver Wolf Hunter who had retired to Scholar, had told him. In honest truth, this upstart was not experienced in the real world in the least. The fact that he opted to do this adventure in lieu of, say, a job where a fourteen year old might not find himself in danger, was a testament to that.

    Still, let none say that he wasn't gung-ho about his duties.

    He strolled into the village having unsurprisingly bumped into no resistance whatsoever. Well, he felt like it was strolling, but in reality, he had this incredibly focused look on his face. The bubble gum colored mane on his head paired with this expression had somehow managed to look just predatory enough to scare off any wild animals that would have approached him. All without him noticing. To tell the truth he wasn't even dressed to scare, just some typical adventuring gear complete with a backpack.

    As if to compound this humorous happenstance, he managed to scare a couple of citizens back into their huts as well. They dared not approach him, seeing the intent of a trained killer in his eyes. One almost brave soul would confront him near the middle of the village, "Y-y-you! W-wh-what business have you with us!?"

    As if on cue, his expression lightened up, revealing that it had been a fourteen year old kid the whole time, and not some stone cold mercenary with more confirmed kills that the village's current population! Who would have guessed? His eyes lit up as though somebody had gifted him with his favorite candy, and he spoke in a raspy adolescent tenor, "Oh hey there! Uhh can you point me in the direction of the temple you guys are afraid of? I want to explore it."

    With a totally straight face, innocent even, he said those most dreaded of words. "Wh-what!? No way a kid can go in there! That place is haunted you know!?" spoke the concerned villager in utter shock.

    The young man nodded with a growing smile, "Yeah! That's why I want to explore it, you know!?" He spoke loudly, as if mirroring his conversational partner. After a beat, he would perk up with an "Oh! Maybe if I show you this." With a bit of fiddling he managed to expose a layer of his skin on his hip, containing a bubblegum pink tattoo shaped like a wolf, "I'm a guild mage, I can totally handle myself if I bump into any ghosts: Yogi Babel from Silver Wolf."

    Without much regard for the blatant disregard for how strong ghosts can get and drastic overestimation of his own talents, "Y-yogi? But you've gotta be in your early teens..." An impasse formed with as little as that.
    KuroFaustΩ
    KuroFaustΩ

    Player 
    Lineage : Reaper's Touch
    Position : None
    Posts : 165
    Guild : Elysium
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 29
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 3,937

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Aesclepian Bioalchemy
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by KuroFaustΩ on 18th May 2020, 8:37 am




    "FOR MAD SCIENCE!! TIME TO GET EXCITED, YOU GUYS."




    Some time had passed since Faustein had gone on the book retrieval mission with Selina and the chupacabra slaying mission with Pivoine. Since then, he had gotten back to his daily routine of existence. As per usual, before long, Faustein had been contacted by a certain concerned patient party about some mysterious malady which they wanted to cure for them. Naturally, he was curious since most disorders in the current age had already been studied rather thoroughly and so he had accepted the job. However, this purported patient was apparently situated in some remote village and it was allegedly so far removed that he would have to travel quite the long distance to arrive there. As he set out for his house call, Faustein slipped into his usual theatrical whims, albeit only momentarily and with his face turned up towards the sky and his hauntingly effulgent crimson red eyes closed for a few seconds

    O ye Norns who govern the past, present, and future...ye almighty goddesses who determine the fate of the entirety of creation, I beseech thee most humbly...Let not any misfortune befall me...

    With that silent prayer offered, he secured his military style traveling backpack against his 5' 7" tall lean muscular frame and then headed off to rent a magic mobile so he could travel in comfort to this village which was his destination for this particular house call. The sojourn was fairly long since he had to navigate the magic mobile he was driving across some rather unsteady, ever shifting terrain along the way. However, thanks to the speed of the magic mobile, he was still able to reach the village well in time. Once there, he parked the mobile somewhere nearby where it would not be exposed to the elements, thieves, or to any prying onlookers either and then entered the village, moving at a slow, leisurely pace. As he moved further and further, his keen senses took in all the details around him as was their usual protocol while his brain registered said details for future reference. Little did he know that this particular sojourn would become far more troublesome and mysterious as the situation progressed later on.




    OOC:

    Text Legend:

    • Italics: Faustein’s silent thoughts

    • Bold w/ Quotes: Faustein’s speech out loud

    • Non-Italics & Non-Bold: Faustein’s action text


    Appearance:

    Spoiler:
    Heads or Tails 203410440-288-k186746






    Faustein's Battle Stats

    Actions

    1. Faustein arrives and enters into village
    2. N/A
    3. N/A


    Spell Descriptions:
    Coppapaste your spells here for your enemy's viewing ease

    Active Stats

    HP: 400/400
    MP: 392/392
    Melee Damage: 40 HP
    Speed: 80 MPS
    Shields: 000/000


    Base Stats & Buffs

    HP: 400/400
    MP: 400/400 (-2% from Equipment)
    Strength: 40 HP
    Speed:  80 MPS
    Shields: 000/000
    Spell Damage Buffs: +30%
    Healing Buffs: +50%
    MP Costs: -10%
    MP Regeneration: +10% once/ 5 posts
    HP Regeneration:
    Damage Reduction:


    Equipment & Passive Gains
    Armor:

    • Item
    • Item

    Weapons:

    • Item
    • Item

    Items:

    • SHG-IV
    • IIC

    Magic: Aesclepian Bioalchemy

    • +30% to Spell Damage
    • +50% to Spell Healing
    • +25% to Spell Range
    • +25% to Spell Speed




    Word Count: 365
    Tags:@


    Last edited by KuroFaustΩ on 19th May 2020, 9:10 am; edited 21 times in total

    Thagirion
    Thagirion

    Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Demon Slayer- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to the Void
    Position : None
    Posts : 442
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : ‭894,505

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Abysmal Blackness
    Second Magic: Mortal Coil
    Third Magic: Border-Realm

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by Thagirion on 18th May 2020, 9:55 am

    Sitting back in his chair, the old man seemed like he was asleep to most of the onlookers that wandered past, out or into the tavern. Even though his eyes were closed and his body was in an overly relaxed state, his magic was watching everything going on around him in a range wide enough to cover most of the village. Intricate enough to let him figure out ones magical power, their scent and even make a rough estimate as to what their weight might be based on the noise made by their boots pushing down on the pavement, it was a very effective tool for him to keep an eye out for any potential threats and worthwhile targets. As such, two people entering the village around roughly the same time did not go unnoticed by the elderly man, who just grinned a bit, giving off the appearance of an old man having pleasant dreams in his rocking chair.

    Hearing and feeling everything going on around him up to almost an entire kilometer, the first name he heard was Yogi Babel, who seemed to be a member of some odd guild called Silver Wolf. While he was himself not at all familiar with it, the memories of his body seemed to have heard of them before, as was to be expected from a person that used to be a wizard saint. Judging by the overall vibe of it, it seemed that he had heard some less positive things about them during his time as a wandering mage. But that did not matter as it would not influence Thagirion’s reasoning in the slightest, he just used it as a bit of feedback. What made it somewhat more interesting was that this person was apparently interested in exploring the supposedly haunted temple. This was something he could most certainly work with, though he would hold off on starting things for a bit longer.

    Based on the way he spoke, Yogi seemed to be a pretty confident person, albeit bordering on overconfidence. Again, this was something he could work with. Confidence was always something the old man could appreciate as it made situations so much more interesting. Turning his attention towards the other person that entered the village, he could not make a whole lot out of it. This guy did not speak to anyone, nor did anyone speak to him, meaning there was little to nothing to go on for the time being. But that did no matter much to him. Judging by the general trajectory, the two newcomers would likely run into one another soon enough. Whether they would strike up a conversation or not was not something he could plan for, but it was worth waiting around for. After all, Thagirion really only needed for the two of them to be in the same general area.

    Whether one of them was just a fortune seeker looking to find something of worth within the temple or if he wanted to do something about the ghosts for the locals was quite trivial. The same could be said about the quiet person, whether he was a good or a bad person with heroic tendencies or not did not make a difference in the grander scheme of things. Once one got thrust into danger, they had to defend themselves, run away or get killed, that was more or less all there was to it. Time would tell whether these guys would be the kind that would look after the civilians, fend for themselves or would just run away like the cowards that most humans were. Biding his time, Thagirion kept up the charade of being asleep while he would closely monitor the situation before setting anything into motion.


    1429
    Burgundy
    Burgundy

    Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descent
    Position : None
    Posts : 40
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Mathis Lora
    Experience : 2,625

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Palace Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by Burgundy on 18th May 2020, 4:33 pm

    After a few minutes of trying futilely to convince a random concerned citizen that he was well and truly able to take care of himself, Yogi had decided that this was going nowhere and abandoned that conversation like the sinking ship it was. "Thanks for your time sir. No worries, I'll figure it out," he would say earnestly, before walking away. The man he'd been conversing with tried to reach out to convince him still, but he would give up fairly quickly as he was afraid of invoking the wrath of a guild mage.

    Non-Legal status had its benefits, after all.

    Still, bereft of an easy source of directions, he would pop open a nice, generic map of Fiore and a compass to get his bearings. A temple could be huge or it could be small and easily missed so he was relying on the accuracy of the map to get him at least close enough to see it. Of course, this distraction would  result in him paying no mind to his surroundings, and he wound up bumping into another person who happened to be out and about. Upon feeling himself brush against this person, he would jump as though startled and fall over onto his hind-end, dropping his map into a nearby puddle. "Aw dang..." he would complain as he scooped it out. The corner nearest his guild hall was soaked and the ink was running. "I knew I should've splurged and gotten the magic map..." Yogi lamented. At least his compass survived the tumble relatively unscathed.

    He pulled out a towel and pressed the wet section of the map between its sections, while trying to apologize for his missteps, "S-sorry, Mister. I should've been watching my surroundings." At last he would look up and see the man's stature, and more importantly his amazing lab coat. Was he wearing leeks on his head? "Oh are you a researcher too?" Yogi asked somewhat innocently. Saying 'too' was a stretch, but since he was here to research the temple ruins, it wasn't as though he was lying.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    KuroFaustΩ
    KuroFaustΩ

    Player 
    Lineage : Reaper's Touch
    Position : None
    Posts : 165
    Guild : Elysium
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 29
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 3,937

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Aesclepian Bioalchemy
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by KuroFaustΩ on 19th May 2020, 9:06 am




    "FOR MAD SCIENCE!! TIME TO GET EXCITED, YOU GUYS."




    Faustein had been glancing about from his position near the entrance of the village and analyzing the objects and people in his immediate vicinity through the polarized smart holographic glasses which rested on his face when, without warning, someone had collided with him. That someone was quite an odd fellow, one with apparently bubblegum pink hair. This stranger had the gall to give Faustein’s white and green hair a strange look when his own hair was so exotic, but at least he had the courtesy to apologize for colliding with him. Due to the collision, for a few moments, Faustein’s hauntingly effulgent crimson red gaze was visible to the stranger, although Faustein soon remedied that by righting his polarized smart holographic glasses again before replying with a smirk upon his thin, firm lips

    Indeed, observational skills are QUITE important, especially in unfamiliar settings and an unfamiliar populace.

    He said, briefly before pausing to collect his thoughts as he considered whether to reveal his professional affiliation to the man and then continued

    Of sorts, yes. That said, IS there anything or anyone at all in this remote territory worth the time and effort of thorough investigation, perchance?

    He then asked the man in turn, with a quizzical raise of his eyebrow and a 30° tilt of his head and then fell silent. If the strange man had keen ears, then it would be apparent that Faustein’s accent was a subtle mix of the ones from Iceberg and Midi and that his vocal nature was a rich baritone, but somehow melodious one. For the time being, just to be on the safe side, he made doubly sure to suppress his mana signature to avoid unnecessary trouble.




    OOC:

    Text Legend:

    • Italics: Faustein’s silent thoughts

    • Bold w/ Quotes: Faustein’s speech out loud

    • Non-Italics, Non-Bold: Faustein’s action text


    Appearance:

    Spoiler:
    Heads or Tails 203410440-288-k186746





    Faustein's Battle Stats

    Actions

    1. Faustein arrives and enters into village
    2. Faustein has accidental collision with stranger, but manages to stay on his feet
    3. Faustein and stranger begin conversation
    4.
    5.
    6.


    Spell Descriptions:
    Coppapaste your spells here for your enemy's viewing ease

    Active Stats

    HP: 400/400
    MP: 392/392
    Melee Damage: 40 HP
    Speed: 80 MPS
    Shields: 000/000


    Base Stats & Buffs

    HP: 400/400
    MP: 400/400 (-2% from Equipment)
    Strength: 40 HP
    Speed:  80 MPS
    Shields: 000/000
    Spell Damage Buffs: +30%
    Healing Buffs: +50%
    MP Costs: -10%
    MP Regeneration: +10% once/5 posts
    HP Regeneration:
    Damage Reduction:


    Equipment & Passive Gains
    Armor:

    • Item
    • Item

    Weapons:

    • Item
    • Item

    Items:

    • SHG-IV
    • IIC

    Magic: Aesclepian Bioalchemy

    • +30% to Spell Damage
    • +50% to Spell Healing
    • +25% to Spell Range
    • +25% to Spell Speed




    Word Count: 284 / TWC: 649
    Tags:@


    Last edited by KuroFaustΩ on 19th May 2020, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

    Thagirion
    Thagirion

    Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Demon Slayer- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to the Void
    Position : None
    Posts : 442
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : ‭894,505

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Abysmal Blackness
    Second Magic: Mortal Coil
    Third Magic: Border-Realm

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by Thagirion on 19th May 2020, 1:00 pm

    The moment was almost at hand, and all it had taken had been a bit of patience mixed with sheer coincidence. For as fate would have it, the two bumped into one another entirely by accident after the Silver Wolf had managed to shake the person that was so hard at work to try and keep him from going to the temple and putting himself into harms way. If he had the capacity for compassion, he might find the concept endearing, but he clearly did not. At this point, it just seemed odd to the old man how someone would go through so much trouble to keep someone from getting into trouble when they so clearly wished to be doing what they wanted.

    In his opinion, if someone wanted to walk straight into a fire-filled pit of death because there might be a few bucks at the bottom of it, they should be allowed to do just that. If they died in the process, it would have been the result of their own shortsightedness and greed, not of the person that failed to warn them. But Thagirion was simple like that. He was the kind of person who desired results more than worrying about how those results had been obtained. In a sense, that made him into very much of a grey area kind of person, though he understood humanity well enough by now to know that sometimes one had to stick to the white or the black areas too. Even if it was just to throw people off of his trail, which was something he had been needing to do fairly often during his first months on earthland.

    Opening his eyes, the old man made it look like he just woke up with a fake yawn and a good stretch, taking to the streets only a couple of moments later. Making sure he did not move too fast on account of being old, he still kept things light as he was not “that” old either. Clearly hearing everything the two mages were saying to one another as he gradually approached them, he let them finish up their bit of the conversation as the distance between them was closing. As they spoke, he thought about what it was that he wanted to say to them, as well as what might be the best way to set things up for them to show him exactly what they were capable of and what they were willing to do for the locals. Keeping a fairly stern expression on his face, he stopped a few steps away from the two as he spoke out.

    Ah outsiders, we don’t get a lot of you around here most days. Usually, people are too afeared of the ghosts and monsters, though I’ve lived here all my life and I’m still kicking. The name is Rob, and I’ve been keeping an eye on things here since the two of you were still swimming laps inside your dad.

    Smiling as he cracked up a bit at his own joke, Thagirion figured that was a good way to start things off. In truth, he had always thought it strange that the creatures of the material universe had to commit to an act known as procreation in order to create offspring, which seemed like a very strange and unpleasant thing altogether. To have to squeeze out a small human as it grew inside of a person was not something he considered normal. But all of that did not matter right now. Opening the conversation with what most humans called “small talk” and “jokes”, he imagined the ice was broken up enough for him to cut into the cake a bit more deeply. From experience, it seemed that people were more likely to talk once some introduction had been provided, though only time would tell whether that would work out in this case too.

    What brought you gentlemen here, if I may be so bold as to ask such things. Normally, the only people who come here only deliver goods or pass along straight to the temple or the nearby woods. Fortune seeker or package delivery, which one are ya”.


    2126
    Burgundy
    Burgundy

    Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descent
    Position : None
    Posts : 40
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Mathis Lora
    Experience : 2,625

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Palace Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by Burgundy on 20th May 2020, 12:18 pm

    Yogi would catch the hint of a combined accent in the voice of his newly collided conversational partner, but didn't really have anything to say about it since it wasn't too thick to decipher. The man seemed to accept his apology indirectly by affirming his missteps with a smile that didn't seem all too malevolent. That was good, at least. For an instant, he thought he may have caught a crimson gaze but the man's adjusted position made it harder to verify that, especially since the young mage hadn't quite taken the time earlier to ascertain his suspicions. Those goggles, or were they glasses, were glaring in the light too hard to make heads or tails of what was behind them. Like two pale disks which contained no eyes at all.

    Nonetheless he continued, and found that his suspicions regarding leek-haired man's status as a researcher was totally correct, as such analysis of a gentleman in a labcoat tends to be. Though it lead to the man asking Yogi a question that he himself was intending to ask. All he knew was that the temple existed, but it was tough to locate without a decent map. "Well, uhh, yeah there's this temple nearby that is supposedly haunted and—" he would answer the fellow researcher, though he was cut off by the intervention of a local old man.

    This man was wrinkled with age, had the dull greys of experience, absolutely brimming with knowledge like a prune ripe for the juicing. Old people in remote places always knew the most about the surrounding areas, and thusly were just as invaluable a resource as textbooks and relics, though not quite as storable.

    The old man introduced himself as 'Rob' which was a bland name, but Yogi rather liked it. He also seemed to be far more jaded to the concept of hauntings and outsiders, likely also due to old age. After all, an old man in a field where many die young is a sure sign of experience and power. There was no way to be certain but Yogi was already certain something was up with this guy. Not in a bad way, but he immediately gleaned a suspicion that Rob was a retired master swordsman or something.

    "Good to meet ya Rob! I'm Yogi Babel, " Yogi would introduce himself cheerfully in turn. With a smile on his face, diplomatic relations were assured. Well, he thought that about the last local he talked to as well, but there was clearly a difference in values there that was irreconcilable. Here, though, this old man was certainly a more upbeat individual, and he seemed keen on getting the four-one-one on their intentions. The young mage had no real reason to hide his desires.

    "I fall closest to 'fortune-seeker', though I just want to probe the nearby haunted temple for ancient relics any explorers may have missed. Even a slab of rock manuscript would be a huge find for my guild," he would reply to old man Rob's totally innocent question.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    KuroFaustΩ
    KuroFaustΩ

    Player 
    Lineage : Reaper's Touch
    Position : None
    Posts : 165
    Guild : Elysium
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 29
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 3,937

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Aesclepian Bioalchemy
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by KuroFaustΩ on 22nd May 2020, 12:42 pm




    "FOR MAD SCIENCE!! TIME TO GET EXCITED, YOU GUYS."




    In response to Faustein’s question, the pink haired man had informed him about an ancient temple nearby which was allegedly haunted, but Faustein had suspected that behind this, there was probably some natural phenomena or perhaps some magical ones at work

    Surely such a thing has a rational explanation, but still, this sounds fascinating. I should probably visit this temple after my house call today.

    He had mused silently for a few moments, but then his reverie was broken abruptly by the appearance of a strange old man who accosted the pink haired man and himself moments after Faustein had gotten lost in his thoughts. Faustein gave the man a swift, brief once over with his smart holographic glasses, ensuring to keep his head perfectly upright and immobile while facing the old man and used only his eyes to do the inspection. For some reason it did not return any intelligible data on the observational subject this time as it had with every one of the villagers in the vicinity. Naturally, he did not let his nonchalantly impassive and inscrutable facial expression slip despite this setback. Still, Faustein realized what he could see was probably not all that there was with this particular old man. The pink haired man had replied back first, giving his name as Yogi Babel freely and explaining his purpose of research in full detail. This struck Faustein as strange considering they did not have any data on the man and thus ought to have been more cautious. This was especially true since the old man was clearly investigating the both of them with this seemingly friendly innocuous question

    This one seems to lack caution, so it is imperative that I be cautious around him and this old man as well, of course. It seems as though he is attempting to draw us in for some unfathomable purpose, judging from his nondescript name and appearance.

    After the pink haired man had fallen silent after saying his piece, Faustein began his reply, first addressing the old man Rob’s remark

    Intriguing, a living fossil then, eh?

    Faustein said with a smirk on his thin, firm lips in his baritone, but melodious voice and then proceeded to answer old man Rob’s question with that same tone and that same nonchalantly impassive, inscrutable expression on his face

    My purpose? Neither of the above. That said, I am entirely innocuous, so rest assured.

    With that, he gave the old man a polite, porcelain smile and then fell silent, waiting to see how his two conversational partners would respond to his reply and actions. For the time being, he kept his mirrored smart holographic glasses on his face to obscure his eyes from view and his dimensional chronometer at the ready on his wrist should he require a quick escape out of the village.





    OOC:

    Text Legend:

    • Italics: Faustein’s silent thoughts

    • Bold w/ Quotes: Faustein’s speech out loud

    • Non-Italics, Non-Bold: Faustein’s action text


    Appearance:

    Spoiler:
    Heads or Tails 203410440-288-k186746





    Faustein's Battle Stats

    Actions

    1. Faustein arrives and enters into village
    2. Faustein has accidental collision with stranger, but manages to stay on his feet
    3. Faustein and stranger begin conversation
    4. Faustein and stranger (Yogi Babel) meet and begin conversation with old man “Rob
    5.
    6.


    Spell Descriptions:
    Coppapaste your spells here for your enemy's viewing ease

    Active Stats

    HP: 400/400
    MP: 392/392
    Melee Damage: 40 HP
    Speed: 80 MPS
    Shields: 000/000


    Base Stats & Buffs

    HP: 400/400
    MP: 400/400 (-2% from Equipment)
    Strength: 40 HP
    Speed: 80 MPS
    Shields: 000/000
    Spell Damage Buffs: +30%
    Healing Buffs: +50%
    MP Costs: -10%
    MP Regeneration: +10% once/5 posts
    HP Regeneration:
    Damage Reduction:


    Equipment & Passive Gains
    Armor:

    • Item
    • Item

    Weapons:

    • Item
    • Item

    Items:

    • SHG-IV
    • IIC

    Magic: Aesclepian Bioalchemy

    • +30% to Spell Damage
    • +50% to Spell Healing
    • +25% to Spell Range
    • +25% to Spell Speed




    Word Count: 453 / TWC: 1103
    Tags:@

    Thagirion
    Thagirion

    Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Demon Slayer- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to the Void
    Position : None
    Posts : 442
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : ‭894,505

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Abysmal Blackness
    Second Magic: Mortal Coil
    Third Magic: Border-Realm

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by Thagirion on 23rd May 2020, 8:10 am

    So, a fortune-seeker and .. something else. Well, I can’t say that this place was not up for some fresh meat with a straight face. The people here are generally paranoid, believing all within the outskirts remains safe while everything outside of its borders is, well, up for grabs by the local spirits and monsters. Strange as it may sound, for all of the years I’ve lived here, I’ve be-”

    Suddenly being interrupted mid-speech, a loud and high-pitched screech rang throughout the streets as it bounced between the buildings. Turning his attention towards it, the old man was fully aware of what was going on already as he had been the one to instigate it in the first place. At the start of their conversation, he had already initiated one of his spells which had gradually been spreading and most likely still did exactly that. Converting the soil into loose and swampy terrain, the people standing on top of it would find that the swamp itself was dangerous and quite deep. Easily being deep enough to drown people, those that did not struggle would normally find that they would sink a whole lot slower and would have more time before they would become submerged. But judging by the screaming, it seemed that these normally home-bound citizens did not possess that kind of knowledge.

    Without saying a word, the old man turned himself around and started venturing towards the source of the screaming at a pace that seemed normal for someone his age. Once he got within visual range, it became clear to all onlookers that there was another hidden threat to this swamp that certainly seemed supernatural. Watching how some of the other citizens had grabbed ropes, chairs or whatever else they could get their hands on in order to help their relatives. Even though he had just started, Thagirion was already somewhat amazed by how some of these people that were normally afraid of their own shadows were now going out of their way to try and save others. On the other hand, the sheer amount of people that were running straight for the safety of their own home were about exactly what he had expected from them. While he would not physically show it, he already knew what he was going to do to these people somewhere down the line.

    For the time being though, the old man grabbed hold of one of the ropes and helped some of the other villagers towards tugging someone out of the murky swamp which was starting to seem more and more alive. Tugging as hard as they could, it would become clear to those that were hard at work towards saving others that the people inside of the swamp were being held down by human-shaped hands made from the same swampy soil. At this point, more of the villagers were making their way inside of nearby houses that had not already been barred up from the inside. It was as Thagirion had imagined, people this superstitious only needed the slightest nudge in order to believe that a situation was beyond saving. With this crowd of people, that nudge seemed to be related to spirits and ghosts, which was not all that hard for him to believe. Still, it couldn’t hurt to get some confirmation on his beliefs, which was exactly what he had gained from this already.

    Some help would be much appreciated!”

    Yelling out at the two new arrivals to get their hands out of their pockets and jump into actions, the old man himself just kept tugging at the rope that was attached to one of the various villagers that had gotten themselves caught up in the swamp. With the hands reaching out from the swamp making it much tougher on those trying to free the people, it began too look bleaker by the minute as people struggled to stay above the ground, which only dragged them in deeper. By now, it was clear that people possessing magical capabilities were very much needed as a means of backing up these civilians, if not taking control of the situation and seeing to it that any casualties might be avoided.


    2826
    Burgundy
    Burgundy

    Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descent
    Position : None
    Posts : 40
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Mathis Lora
    Experience : 2,625

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Palace Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by Burgundy on 23rd May 2020, 4:55 pm

    The old man certainly seemed friendly, though he seemed to be the sort of friendly where he was looking for people to help him move or something. Yogi, unfortunately, knew the sort, since there was very few magics more suitable to moving houses than one which moved a house. Rob, nice as he were, wanted something done. That was probably going to be the price for information, which admittedly, was superior to an hour long debate on the ethics of agism in the mage-civilian dynamic. A bit of exposition was due, but it was cut off by an example lesson.

    Suddenly there was screeching, a fearful sort which echoed throughout the village. Yogi whirled around to see what was up, and began running ahead to get into eyeshot, "Pardon me, sirs!" Once he got a good ways from that conversation, he could see quite the scene. It appeared that the swamp from the outskirts was encroaching into the Village proper and causing people to get absorbed into it like quicksand. Many panicked villagers were struggling against it, sinking quickly.

    "Ah geez! That's a big problem!" Yogi would exclaim, also panicking though less for his life and more for the suddenness of the situation. The young mage would begin to think around the problem. What would Mathis have him do in this scenario? Observe, analyze, act: Three steps to solving problems. Okay maybe Mathis wasn't responsible for that one, but it was a process Yogi had been working on since starting his lessons with him.

    First step: Observe.

    Yogi focused, his eyes growing sharper and more concentrated, his brow line furrowing until a fierce wrinkle formed. That lion-esque face of a predator looking for every action and opening of his prey. The villagers who were yet to fall into the swamp were split between groups running home and groups grabbing stuff to help friends and loved ones. That much checked out, but there was more to this swamps. As people were managing to be pulled free, he noticed the slimey mud was shaped into hands which tried to drag them back in, like crabs in a bucket. That meant for every one person helping out there was many others in the swamp pulling back. The swamp continued to encroach further which meant that the helpers  with shorter sticks were endangering themselves.

    Second step: Analyze.

    The situation at hand was a bad one, but there was still ways that a kid like him could help. Mostly because a kid like him knew a fairly powerful larger-scale sort of magic suitable for a situation like this. Alright, he was still just a fledgeling and would be a lot more useful were he more experienced, but that wasn't going to stop him. He noticed that there were several people towards the middle of the encroaching swamp who would be too far out of reach for the layman. That was where he was needed.

    'Some help would be appreciated!'

    Last step, Act.

    His face sprang back to normal with Rob's call to action. How did he get there so quick? How long had he been thinking? It didn't matter, he had a plan. "On it!" declared Yogi in affirmation of the dire situation.

    The young mage would hastily run to the edge of the swamp, and snapped his fingers in a single whipping motion ending in pointing to the middle of this encroaching menace, "King's Call!" Suddenly a large puff of smoke some twelve meters high and eight or so wide would appear in a modest gap between civilians, before clearing away to reveal what looked like a giant rook piece from chess, crafted from stone with a single wooden door on the side and a hatch onto the battlement. Yogi's Palace. It began to sink somewhat but since it lacked the ability to struggle it didn't go very quickly. "Everyone in the middle, grab hold and link arms with somebody nearby if they can't reach!" Yogi shouted to the panicking civilians, as a series of long ropes would eject from the hatch and fall down the side of the palace.

    When civilians grabbed onto the ropes they found them to be quite taut, likely tied onto a stairwell in the Palace. Yogi had been experimenting with stored material manipulation, and this situation certainly called for him to prove his time to not be wasted. Once every civilian who could hear and enforce his orders had been suitably secured via rope or arm link in a myriad of chains, Yogi would run several step away, having taken measure of the length of the chain they had formed.

    "Alright, now King's Guard!" Yogi declared before two puffs of smoke formed, both considerably larger than before, one where his Palace was and one centered on Yogi's coordinates. When the smoke cleared, Palace was back on solid land, and so were a couple dozen terrified villagers who were splayed on the ground in a few clumsy circles around the Palace. The front door would open and Yogi would step out, with some swamp sludge leaking out onto the ground just outside his Palace's front door, and covering his shoes and socks. "Gross... this is gonna be so hard to clean..." he complained, before looking out into the still-encroaching  swamp.

    How many more could he save?

    TL;DR:
    Yogi got to the scene, and started analyzing the situation to come up with a plan.

    Old Man Rob told him to help, so he started acting.

    Put his palace in the middle of the swamp with ropes hanging down the sides like streamers. Yogi commanded the ones near the middle to grab hold and link up.

    Yogi then transported his Palace back onto land, dragging civilians that were holding on along with it, along with a generous helping of swamp sludge that leaked into his palace's foundation.

    Bitched about how hard that would be to clean.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    KuroFaustΩ
    KuroFaustΩ

    Player 
    Lineage : Reaper's Touch
    Position : None
    Posts : 165
    Guild : Elysium
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 29
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 3,937

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Aesclepian Bioalchemy
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by KuroFaustΩ on 23rd May 2020, 7:45 pm




    "FOR MAD SCIENCE!! TIME TO GET EXCITED, YOU GUYS."




    Faustein had been about to respond when something unexpected, but nevertheless amusing occurred several paces away from his location in what was presumably the heart of the village. Apparently, from what he could discern by his analysis of the rapidly developing situation, a giant supernatural swamp had somehow manifested in said town center and had begun to encroach inward from its outskirts. In response, some passersby had fled in fear while others had commenced rescue operations to help those who were being consumed by the swamp. Interestingly enough, the old man who had introduced himself as Rob was now assisting the desperately struggling villagers by tugging on the ropes used to hoist the victims out of their current predicament. He had then essentially directed Yogi and Faustein to aid in the rescue efforts. Yogi had obliged and quickly sprung into action, displaying his magic which seemed to be some kind of item-based type

    My, how intriguing this one is, perhaps I will attempt to learn some of those spells after this fiasco has been resolved completely. More to the point, that old man is more agile than his appearance would suggest…that said, this situation has turned rather irksome indeed. I suppose I should lend my skills to the cause as well, otherwise I will not be able to reach my destination.

    With such thoughts roiling in his mind, he began by casting his “Diagnoscope” spell which involved him forming a diamond-shaped "tunnel" with his hands while charging them with mana. Some of the mana was used to create a targeting reticule hologram in front of that space and he beamed the rest out onto the swamp and those trapped in it, similar to an x-ray or CT machine. Consequently, a high resolution, 3D map of the area formed on the reticule for his analysis. After a few moments of studying it, he realized that there were actually what looked like arms dragging the villagers back into the swamp and thus hindering rescue efforts. Then, he lowered his hands, transferring the “Diagnoscope” to his eyes, forming the reticule in them instead.

    I see, so it is imperative to stay far away from the swamp while assisting in these rescue efforts, otherwise those arms would drag me down with them. Very well then.

    Faustein mused thus silently before closing his eyes and devising a plan before entering the fray. After a few moments, he was ready, so he first began by testing the range of the arms in the swamp by using one of the unique abilities of his magic, namely “Malleable Physique”. This curious ability allowed him to dislocate all of the joints and other connecting structures in his body and thus, grant himself corporeal hyper-elasticity. Then, he extended his upper limbs from his position a few paces in from the village entrance all the way to the village square where the swamp was located and started to latch onto some of the trapped villagers and then began to drag them out slowly, one by one. Upon extricating them, he flung them onto the roofs of the nearby houses as a test to see just how far the reach of the swamp arms extended out from the epicenter. Then, just as quickly, he withdrew his upper limbs back to their normal length so as to not get trapped by the swamp arms. After that, he powered down and then waited to see how the swamp would respond to his provocation.




    OOC:

    Text Legend:

    • Italics: Faustein’s silent thoughts

    • Bold w/ Quotes: Faustein’s speech out loud

    • Non-Italics, Non-Bold: Faustein’s action text


    Appearance:

    Spoiler:
    Heads or Tails 203410440-288-k186746





    Faustein's Battle Stats

    Actions

    1. Faustein arrives and enters into village
    2. Faustein has accidental collision with stranger, but manages to stay on his feet
    3. Faustein and stranger begin conversation
    4. Faustein and stranger (Yogi Babel) meet and begin conversation with old man “Rob
    5. A giant swamp appears and starts engulfing the villagers, so Rob and Yogi go to help
    6. Faustein casts “Medical Art: Diagnoscope” to analyze the situation and then uses his magic’s UA. “Forbidden Physician’s Ability: Malleable Physique” to pull the villagers out of swamp as a test



    Spell Descriptions:

    Name: Iryōjutsu: Shindan Han'I (Medical Art: Diagnoscope)
    Rank: D
    MP Cost: 20
    Category: Auxiliary
    Type: Single Target
    Damage: N/A
    Range: Self Only
    Speed: 60 m/s
    Duration: 3 posts
    Downside: N/A
    Description:
    The user forms a diamond-shaped "tunnel" with his hands while charging them with mana.
    Some of the mana forms a targeting reticule hologram in front of that space and he beams the rest out onto the patient, similar to an x-ray or CT machine. Consequently, a high resolution, 3D map of the patient’s innards is displayed on the reticule with the normal viscera being gray while any abnormalities are highlighted in red. Usually, this spell is used when the patient’s condition is too unstable to allow incisional examination. However, in battle, this spell also lets the user scan the target for weaknesses after which he can attack them with greater accuracy and precision, causing his spells to deal higher damage upon successful impact.

    Effect Summary: +50% to user’s Spell Damage for spell's duration

    Spell Descriptions:

    Ishi Kin-Nōryoku: Chōdanseitai (Forbidden Physician’s Ability: Malleable Physique)
    Through the use of the vast degree of knowledge and experience he possesses about various body manipulation magic, Faustein has modified every part of his body to grant it a considerable degree of hyper-elasticity. So, his body can stretch far beyond that of a normal human.
    Effect Summary: Passive +25% to Spell Range & +25% to Spell Speed

    Active Stats

    HP: 400/400
    MP: 374/392 (due to Diagnoscope, D rank)
    Melee Damage: 40 HP
    Speed: 80 MPS
    Shields: 000/000


    Base Stats & Buffs

    HP: 400/400
    MP: 400/400 (-2% from Equipment)
    Strength: 40 HP
    Speed: 80 MPS
    Shields: 000/000
    Spell Damage Buffs: +30% +50% = +80%
    Healing Buffs: +50%
    MP Costs: -10%
    MP Regeneration: +10% once/5 posts
    HP Regeneration:
    Damage Reduction:


    Equipment & Passive Gains
    Armor:

    • Item
    • Item

    Weapons:

    • Item
    • Item

    Items:

    • SHG-IV
    • IIC

    Magic: Aesclepian Bioalchemy

    • +30% to Spell Damage
    • +50% to Spell Healing
    • +25% to Spell Range
    • +25% to Spell Speed




    Word Count: 580 / TWC: 1683
    Tags:@

    Thagirion
    Thagirion

    Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Demon Slayer- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to the Void
    Position : None
    Posts : 442
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : ‭894,505

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Abysmal Blackness
    Second Magic: Mortal Coil
    Third Magic: Border-Realm

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by Thagirion on 24th May 2020, 5:06 pm

    One by one, the two seemed to get into action in their own ways. When he said in their own way, it seemed that they both had some kind of preparation process which could have cost lives, something they had likely not been taking into their assessment. While Rob was pulling on one of the ropes, they seemed to both just be standing there, watching as the situation would unfold before blindly jumping into the fray. Whereas Yogi was just carefully observing and assessing the situation, the man that has of yet refrained from giving his name was doing so through magical means. While he could not be entirely certain, what he was doing seemed to be some kind of magical assessment that would help him deal with the situation in a way that would put himself into the least possible risk. Even though they risked lives waiting around, Thagirion respected their process, albeit for reasons most would most likely find grotesque.

    Anyone could just go in guns blazing, though the chances of a situation backfiring on them without proper planning ahead of time were quite large. So while time was of the essence, going about saving others without putting themselves in harms way deserved at least some praise. Feeling a fluctuation in magic power again, this time coming from Yogi, a strange earthen structure had been summoned into the swamp. Uncertain as to the kind of magic that was being used, he could tell that this was not the kind of magic he could tap in through means of his own. In that regard, there was a rather solid difference between the magics of the nameless man and Yogi. Finally pulling the one attached to the rope he was tugging on, Rob took a few steps back to witness everything that was going in with the full extent of all of his senses.

    The strange earthen structure was sinking due to the weight of it, though the fact that there were a lot of ropes attached to it that were helping the people get dragged out of the quicksand-like substance gave the victims some modicum of hope. With magical aid now being well under way, the earthen hands coming up from the murk were not letting up, making it a continuous problem that would need dealing with at some point. Taking a handful of people out of the swamp and onto the structure sitting in the middle of it all, Rob could see that the unnamed guy had also started dragging people out with his own, strange type of magic. On first glance, it seemed like what he was using was some sort of body modification magic which currently allowed him to extend his limbs quite far across the swamp. Gripping and dragging people out from a safe location, it was clear that the arms could not keep up with this quick method of dragging.

    Cataloguing the magic he witnessed in front of him, at least the ones which were not outside the scopes of his own magical prowess, Rob watched as people were being flung from the swamps and unto the nearby rooftops. While the tossing seemed somewhat careless, they were at least tossed at a location where they would likely remain safe from the swamp beneath them. Turning his attention once more when the large structure suddenly poofed away with all of the people that had been gathering on top of it, it appeared again in the blink of an eye. Doing so at a safe location outside of the swamp, those riding the top of it made their way off and ran all the way to the other side of the village. Normally, one might consider not stopping there and running much, much further, though these superstitious folks were far too afraid of what might await them out there to even consider crossing the borders of the town.

    During all of the hectic lifesaving magic action, the fact that the swamp was spreading underneath the surface had gone mostly unnoticed for some time now. So when the ground suddenly cracked open to show more of the murky liquid underneath came as quite a shock to most of the people who were still sticking around. Causing the foundation of two nearby buildings to falter, part of the structure broke off and fell onto the swamp. While the planks themselves would float and the bigger portions of the structure would take quite some time to actually sink, the arms reaching out had seemingly increased their reach and the strength with which they resumed their single-minded goal of dragging people down into the depths.

    As this was really all his doing, Rob was just slowly increasing the potency of his spell whenever he felt the need for it. At this point, he felt like he needed to. Just moments before all of this, the mages and the citizens of the town had been given Hope, a powerful yet fickle thing that could make or break a situation. Believing that the mages here would be able to save them without any real problems, Rob had allowed them all to believe that that was truly all there was to it. Though they were very wrong in making such assumptions. The people thrown onto the nearby rooftops were the first to find out that hope was fickle when the structures they sat upon now went along with them into the swamp, putting them right back where they had started out. As hard as it might have been to believe, Rob had not done this for the sake of being an asshole, as there was a train of thought behind the otherwise senseless chaos.

    When presented with hope, humans felt like there was nothing they could not do, that there was no obstacle they could not surpass. Present them with the exact opposite, and they would wilt like flowers. Where there had been faces filled with hopefulness before, they now expressed Despair. And that same despair was what Rob wanted to see. When faced with such hopelessness, would these citizens and mages continue to do their best in order to save others, or would they choose to be content with the people they had saved so far and call it quits before their own health became subject to change.

    Well fuck…. What do we do now?


    3889
    Burgundy
    Burgundy

    Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descent
    Position : None
    Posts : 40
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Mathis Lora
    Experience : 2,625

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Palace Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by Burgundy on 25th May 2020, 6:13 pm

    While there wasn't what one might call despair on Yogi's face, due in part to a lack of empathy, the young mage did had a somewhat stressed appearance. He hadn't accounted for the swamp reaching underground, let alone so quickly. As some nearby houses began to have their foundations rocked by the ongoing tragedy, he needed time to think. Obviously, with very little if any time to think at all, the pink-maned mage was operating large machinery with no plan. The best he could do is act like a wrecking ball in this state of momentary upheaval.

    "That's a messy turn of events..." he would comment in a half-deadpan tone of voice, "Alright folks, the ride's over, hit the bricks and get moving! There's a long line, apparently!" The rescued civilians, or rather those who hadn't moved by now would scramble to their feet and trot off. The palace was now cleared for additional use, not that it meant much. It was a sizable stone tower after all, it could have weight as much as one of these wooden village houses. Were it to put it too close to one of the houses, he could capsize both of them. It was times like these that Yogi regretted never picking up a magic that could be used for more precision matters.

    "Stretchy science man! I can't do anything about the buildings without making it worse. I'll keep clearing out the main swamp, please help those who are trapped!?" Yogi would decide. He was a born tactician after all. Why would he go so far as to try and do everything himself  when there were perfectly serviceable alternatives? His leek-haired acquaintance was much smaller and lighter than a house, and could feasibly reach to rooftops from a safe position. Sure it wouldn't be as quickly as taking dozens of people at once, but it came without the risk of literally flipping an entire house like an unfortunate pancake.

    Plus, both rescuers focusing on the roofs in a time like this would be leaving those still stuck in the main swamp to sink, and that was just objectively ineffectual. Yogi would start his process over again: He approached the main swamp carefully, looked for who needed rescuing and wouldn't be able to receive it from the helpers on the shore, and sent his palace into the swamp, nearby them, had them grab onto the ropes or the tower itself, and hauled them out with a position shift once enough people were secured.

    The young mage couldn't pretend it wasn't a taxing process, but with the sheer number of people he could help at once with this combination of spells, he pushed through the accumulating fatigue. He could do at least this much, after all. Looking over it all, he thought of long term solutions, while he was catching his breath. "The main problem here is the swamp itself. If it keeps expanding, then the whole village will be consumed..." he would analyze, "If only we had some way to exorcise spirits on hand. Would that even work here?" Yogi wondered if any of these houses had some way to exorcise or banish spirits on hand. How else would the laymen of the village get rid of the local ghosts, right?


    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    KuroFaustΩ
    KuroFaustΩ

    Player 
    Lineage : Reaper's Touch
    Position : None
    Posts : 165
    Guild : Elysium
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Age : 29
    Mentor : None
    Experience : 3,937

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Aesclepian Bioalchemy
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by KuroFaustΩ on 28th May 2020, 3:57 pm




    "FOR MAD SCIENCE!! TIME TO GET EXCITED, YOU GUYS."




    Faustein had been watching silently and taking in all the events that were unfolding from his vantage point near the village entrance. The old man had stopped his rescue efforts briefly and had seemed to do just the same which struck Faustein as odd given the urgency of the situation

    Indeed, something definitely is strange about this alleged old man. Oh well, I suppose the truth will reveal itself in due time.

    He had his crimson red gaze riveted on the old man for a few more moments while that thought roiled in his mind, but then shifted his gaze slowly and let it meander over the swamp which had apparently somehow made its way underground, beneath the town square. All the while through his analysis, his lazy, impassive, and even apparently bored expression did not falter even a little.

    I see, so that’s how it is, eh? Well then, time for a slightly different strategy to be enacted here. It is time to see just how far those arms truly extend, so perhaps I shall drag those villagers here, and fling them out past the village entrance.

    He mused silently, but then his reverie was interrupted by the pink haired Yogi Babel who had called out to him, requesting assistance in rescuing those villagers who were once again trapped by the rapidly encroaching swamp. Faustein truly found it amusing that the expressions of hope which had been on the villagers’ faces till then had so quickly changed to despair, but of course, he did not let this show on his face. Instead, he merely nodded silently to Yogi and then set about implementing his new plan, aka using his “Malleable Physique” unique ability to extend his arms all the way to the city square and this time, he dragged the more easily accessible trapped villagers back towards him and then flung them clear over the village gates into the area outside it. That of course, caused them to scream in terror and huddle around the pillars supporting the village gates as though they could somehow help them in their currently dire straits. In total, he had rescued about 10 by the time he was finished, so then he stopped what he was doing and went back to observing the actions of the swamp after having retracted his upper limbs just as quickly as he had the previous time.

    Now then, it is time to see just how far this swamp has truly encroached and perhaps if some clue about whatever or whoever is behind this will finally show their hand.

    With that thought in mind, he casually leaned back against one of the walls of the buildings near the village entrance and continued to monitor the situation with his smart holographic glasses. Sadly, his sensory skills were not able to detect the presence causing all this mayhem so for now, he decided he would wait patiently and just adapt to whatever situational alterations would come his way.




    OOC:

    Text Legend:

    • Italics: Faustein’s silent thoughts

    • Bold w/ Quotes: Faustein’s speech out loud

    • Non-Italics, Non-Bold: Faustein’s action text


    Appearance:

    Spoiler:
    Heads or Tails 203410440-288-k186746





    Faustein's Battle Stats

    Actions

    1. Faustein arrives and enters into village
    2. Faustein has accidental collision with stranger, but manages to stay on his feet
    3. Faustein and stranger begin conversation
    4. Faustein and stranger (Yogi Babel) meet and begin conversation with old man “Rob
    5. A giant swamp appears and starts engulfing the villagers, so Rob and Yogi go to help out
    6. Faustein casts “Medical Art: Diagnoscope” to analyze the situation and then uses his magic’s UA. “Forbidden Physician’s Ability: Malleable Physique” to pull the villagers out of swamp as a test

    7. The swamp grows larger and encroaches underground, now starting to sink even the houses, so Faustein gets called to further action by Yogi. Faustein once again uses his magic’s UA. “Forbidden Physician’s Ability: Malleable Physique” to pull the villagers out of swamp as a test, this time flinging them clear out of the village.


    Spell Descriptions:

    Name: Iryōjutsu: Shindan Han'I (Medical Art: Diagnoscope)
    Rank: D
    MP Cost: 20
    Category: Auxiliary
    Type: Single Target
    Damage: N/A
    Range: Self Only
    Speed: 60 m/s
    Duration: 3 posts (2/3 posts used thus far)
    Downside: N/A
    Description:
    The user forms a diamond-shaped "tunnel" with his hands while charging them with mana.
    Some of the mana forms a targeting reticule hologram in front of that space and he beams the rest out onto the patient, similar to an x-ray or CT machine. Consequently, a high resolution, 3D map of the patient’s innards is displayed on the reticule with the normal viscera being gray while any abnormalities are highlighted in red. Usually, this spell is used when the patient’s condition is too unstable to allow incisional examination. However, in battle, this spell also lets the user scan the target for weaknesses after which he can attack them with greater accuracy and precision, causing his spells to deal higher damage upon successful impact.

    Effect Summary: +50% to user’s Spell Damage for spell's duration

    Spell Descriptions:

    Ishi Kin-Nōryoku: Chōdanseitai (Forbidden Physician’s Ability: Malleable Physique)
    Through the use of the vast degree of knowledge and experience he possesses about various body manipulation magic, Faustein has modified every part of his body to grant it a considerable degree of hyper-elasticity. So, his body can stretch far beyond that of a normal human.
    Effect Summary: Passive +25% to Spell Range & +25% to Spell Speed

    Active Stats

    HP: 400/400
    MP: 374/392 (due to Diagnoscope, D rank)
    Melee Damage: 40 HP
    Speed: 80 MPS
    Shields: 000/000


    Base Stats & Buffs

    HP: 400/400
    MP: 400/400 (-2% from Equipment)
    Strength: 40 HP
    Speed: 80 MPS
    Shields: 000/000
    Spell Damage Buffs: +30% +50% = +80%
    Healing Buffs: +50%
    MP Costs: -10%
    MP Regeneration: +10% once/5 posts
    HP Regeneration:
    Damage Reduction:


    Equipment & Passive Gains
    Armor:

    • Item
    • Item

    Weapons:

    • Item
    • Item

    Items:

    • SHG-IV
    • IIC

    Magic: Aesclepian Bioalchemy

    • +30% to Spell Damage
    • +50% to Spell Healing
    • +25% to Spell Range
    • +25% to Spell Speed




    Word Count: 499 / TWC: 2182 (for Faustein/KuroFaustΩ)
    Tags:@

    Thagirion
    Thagirion

    Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Rising Star- Demon Slayer- Complete Your First Job!- Player 
    Lineage : Heir to the Void
    Position : None
    Posts : 442
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : ‭894,505

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Abysmal Blackness
    Second Magic: Mortal Coil
    Third Magic: Border-Realm

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by Thagirion on 29th May 2020, 11:45 am

    It was very much expected that many of the villagers were no longer in a helping mood as they realized just how unprepared they were when it came to dealing with these kinds of things. Looking around as the people in the muddy soil were starting to give up hope, Rob again looked towards the mages that were still figuring out what to do. Unfortunate, as he had hoped that the two would have come up with something that would at least turn the tide to be slightly less in their favor. If things continued as they went now, there wouldn’t be anyone left for them to save, and they risked getting themselves killed by just analyzing. Perhaps it was time for him to toss them a bone, both to make them hurry up and stop wasting time and to point them in the right direction. When Yogi brought up something the people of the village might have used to ward of spirits, Rob knew that now was the time to start doing some of the pointing.

    Legend has it that there is something at the heart of the temple, an old relic that keeps the spirits of the dead inside while drawing in wandering spirits as well. If there was to be anything out here that could have any hopes of stopping the spread, there is a good chance that it is down there.

    As if responding to the fact that a possible way out had been given for the two mages with which they could fix the situation, the swampy soil started bubbling and moving ominously. Followed by parts of swamp withdrawing in the form of some sort of sinkhole, it took a little while before they would fully disappear. During the time they were there though, the people around it were starting to sink deeper and deeper as two people already disappeared beneath the surface. Not long after they did, the places where the sinkholes had appeared seemingly exploded, sending bits and pieces of mud and goop everywhere in chunks of various sizes. Though not seeming like much at first, it was only when the mud started to move that the larger chunks proved to contain skeletal creatures within. Being roughly the size of your average human being, there were some portions about them that seemed off.

    One of them had a pointy tail, one possessed clawed fingerbones, another had strange kinds of legs that seemed to allow it to move on both two and four limbs while the last possessed several sets of sharp fangs that were nowhere near human. Releasing inhuman howls that shot even greater levels of fear into the hearts and minds of onlookers and those that were already running for their lives, small battles were starting to erupt in the streets as one villager fended off another that was trying to forcefully enter their home for safety. To say that this situation truly showed the worst of humanity was perhaps a bit of an understatement, judging by how far things were escalating. With the swamp slowly but surely expanding, buildings starting to crumble along the edges of the marsh and skeletal creatures being regurgitated as the first villagers the mages failed to save started walking about, fear was perhaps the only legitimate sensation by now.  

    As the skeletal creatures were starting to make their way down to the people, their purpose for coming down was quite clear. They came with the intention of killing whoever they could, the two mages being no exception to this rule. Knowing that there was no longer anything he could do, Rob made his way towards the pub as the first of the skeletal creatures jumped down the roof near him. Diving for cover, a loud crack could be heard as the old man hit the floor. Having hurt himself rather badly, the previously somewhat heroic behavior he tried to show had drained away as the pain set in. Crawling his way to the safety of the pub’s patio, he made sure to stay well behind the two mages while huddling among several other villagers that were also hiding there. All of this posed the mages with a few possibilities, as someone would likely need to venture towards the temple in order to bring back whatever it was that kept the spirits in check. Doing so, however, brought with it some complications.

    If they both left, the villagers would be long dead by the time they came back, after which they would likely need to face much more of the skeletons, thus making the retrieval of the item rather pointless. If neither of them went, there was no way of knowing where or when the swamp would stop advancing, though they would most likely be able to protect the people, most of them at least. But if one of them went, they would leave the most equipped one of the two to deal with the attacking monsters while the other could go find the way to making the skeletal creatures and the swamp go away, thus turning the place back to normal. Hopefully, things had been made plenty clear for the two, for if they wasted any more time analyzing the situation, they would have far more deaths on their hands.


    4774
    Burgundy
    Burgundy

    Player 
    Lineage : Lucifer's Descent
    Position : None
    Posts : 40
    Guild : Silver Wolf
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : Mathis Lora
    Experience : 2,625

    Character Sheet
    First Magic: Palace Magic
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

    Heads or Tails Empty Re: Heads or Tails

    Post by Burgundy on 1st June 2020, 7:36 am

    Old man Rob would give a little bit of exposition to the local spirits, and how one might get rid of them. Though Yogi didn't really ask, it was the information he'd been planning on seeking out once the swamp was done misbehaving. Suddenly that joke appeared to truly be the case, and the young mage watched the swampy water slurp itself into a chasm. It wasn't long after the fact, that numerous globs of swamp goop were fired up onto the village's remaining landmass, filled with human remains like something out of a horror movie. This simile was only enhanced when they started to take shape, forming into shambling abominations.

    "Monsters huh?" Yogi would note with a hint of disinterest in his voice. That settled it, there was definitely some kind of ringleader to this attack. This wasn't some normal kind of haunted event, the spirits playing tricks or stealing folks away. This was a whole cluster of targeted events, a calamity brought about on purpose.

    The pink-maned mage would shake his head as Rob made his way to try and get some cover, only to break his hip or something when a monster was so close by. He didn't know what to do except for that relic in the temple. "Rescue operations have changed, I can't use my offensive spells with this many civilians in close proximity, but I'm not afraid to damage a temple a little bit, so I'll do that and find the relic. I'm trusting you to fend off those monsters while I'm gone," Yogi would blurt out with no real time to talk it out. Part of him wished there were some way to pause and consider, but now that more malevolent beasts were ready to actively cause some harm, they both needed to act quickly. Plus, he'd been here to hunt some relics anyways, so this would give him a pointed direction to work with.

    The young mage would run while checking his map, needing to trust his sense of direction. Before long he was already inside the forest, headed in about the proper direction to reach the haunted temple. "Come on, Yogi, faster, faster," he told himself. His feet picked up the pace as he willed himself forward. It wouldn't be too terribly long before he reached the old temple, needing to curve his path once it was in eyeshot.

    Yogi would slow down once he reached the temple stairway, looking around to make sure he wasn't about to fall into some lame pit trap or anything. The last thing he needed was to rush into a temple and get bumped off by the first trap the angry spirits had set for him. As he ascended the steps and made his way into the open front of the temple, he readied himself for any sort of resistance he may meet. "It's quiet here... too quiet..." he said as if purposefully invoking a particularly generic action movie trope for amusement.


    _____________________________________________________________________________________


      Current date/time is 4th June 2020, 4:45 am