Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Reminisce

Knight Owl
    Knight Owl

Player 
    Lineage : Psionic Soul
    Position : None
    Faction : The Ironheart Pact
    Guild : Sabertooth
    Dungeon Tokens : 4
    Experience : 1,421,385

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Psionic Ascendance
    Second Skill: Manifold Armory
    Third Skill: Sepulchre's Sigil

Reminisce Empty Reminisce

Post by Knight Owl 3rd May 2020, 4:31 pm

Reminisce Latest?cb=20190612182958

The Sanctum Isles, a small privately owned set of islands connected by bridges and wires that allows ethernanos to travel from one place to another. At the center of it all stands the Observatorium, a research base housing scholars, archaeologists, and researchers of the Alumni of Grimwold. It is through the Morgans' funding, more specifically Ozwald's fudning, that the non mages were able to secure the islands to erect infrastructure necessary for research and development of electricity powered inventions. It also houses the Motherlode, an enormous device that is capable of storing large amounts of data, including research notes and the likes. Surrounding the Motherlode are faded scrolls and books whose knowledge was once lost through the passage of time, its contents now translated and knowledge acquired and stored in the the Motherlode.

At the center of it all lies a large tower of crystallized ethernanos that powers most of the facilities in the Sanctum Isles. The crystal tower laid dormant for an unknown period of time, and its existence was not discovered until the adventurer extraordinaire, Ozwald, discovered it. Through his genius, the once buried crystal tower now stood proudly for all of Earthland to see and marvel at its beauty.

Of course, since one of the alumni's mission is to uncover lost secrets and knowledge, Ozwald, Michael's brother dearest, has mind to test the aptitude of his brother's magic.

"Are you sure this will work?" Michael asks his brother as he stands at the center of a rather large room, large enough to prove his mettle against all kinds of beasts. A test center, perhaps, for the physically and magically inclined, or for rather explosive and dangerous tests. "Why do you think are we testing your magic near that crystal tower with nigh limitless amounts of ethernanos?" Ozwald replies through the microphone as he lays back safe behind a very durable glass wall. He is currently in a room that contains a fridge for refreshments, a computer, some recliner seats, and a panel with buttons. Accompanying Ozwald Michael are their twin siblings, Olaf and Francois (they are quadruplets), as well as Giselle, one of the surviving members of the Arch Vorbrundt Order and one of the magic engineers behind their magic, HeXarmament.

"I never thought I'd stand near a limitless amount of ethernanos... color me excited!" Giselle seems excited enough that she might have forgotten their purpose for testing him. "Are you sure you're here to test his magic?" Ozwald finds himself questioning Giselle's purpose within the Observatorium, which is enough for her to snap back to reality and focus on the task at hand. "Ah... yes, I'm sure. There are a few things I'd need to tweak on the magic he possesses to ensure he performs well, no, I want to make sure he performs even better considering he is the last surviving soldier from the order. And what is a Rune Knight doing here?" She glares at Francois, who is a tactician within the ranks of the Rune Knights. "A leisurely visit. I want to see how brother dearest fared all by himself for the past years WE assumed to be DEAD." Francois retorts, taking offense at Giselle's statement. He seemed hostile against the woman.

He gave her the stink-eye. She glared back at him. Definitely hostile.

Ozwald sighs at the 'friendly banter' Francois and Giselle are having. "Let's get this over with. As you may know, I possess a book from the Tomb of the Brass Seraphs. And you may all know I was able to cast a very powerful spell that reversed the flow of time on the swarming... robots. I intend to use the magic this book possesses to create a simulacra of your most recent battles."

"And how are you going to do that without fainting?" Michael asks, concerned that what he will do will result in him draining his magic power, "And wouldn't time skip because of the magic in the book?"

"I assure you, I'm not in any danger of collapsing nor do I have any intention of missing my brother's brilliant performance. And no, time won't skip for us this time. I assure you." Ozwald reassures his brother. He is confident he is able to use the magics of the book once more to test his brother's mettle against his opponents. That, and he is using a band that tethers him to the crystal tower, giving him limitless reservoirs of magic to use. "I'll cast the spell whenever you're ready."

Francois and Giselle proceeds to sit on the seats, with the latter bringing out her notebook and pen while the former taking a sip from his cup of tea. Olaf, on the other hand, is just sitting and hugging his blue comfort pillow. He also intends to see his brother in action. Michael gives the ok hand signal, prompting Ozwald to unleash the book's magic.

"Memories of eld and warriors of time begotten, wind the hands of time to and fro, and exact your vengeance against thine nemesis!" Several brass colored magic circles start to appear around the large room, all of which bears the insignia of the Brass Seraphs, as well as magic circles shaped like cogs. Michael stands ready, pulling his sniper rifle, the Farsighter, and awaits the creatures he will face.

"Chronicle Script - Memoria Misera!" As soon as he completes the chant, the magic circles start to move, as if they are part of a machine. The room later transforms into what seems to be a dimension of brass and cogs. The gears whirs to life and steam protrudes from one of the vents as the spell does its work.

Giselle and the other siblings appear astonished at what Ozwald was able to unleash with the magic from the book, with Francois even more interested. Giselle lets out an excitable glee, impressed at the marvelous power of the spell. Then again, Ozwald is connected to the crystal tower. It's small wonder he could cast a powerful spell.

[ Exam Word Count - 1002 / 1000 ]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Knight Owl
    Knight Owl

Player 

Character Sheet

Reminisce Empty Re: Reminisce

Post by Knight Owl 3rd May 2020, 6:07 pm

Before Michael stands the stalker he fought the other day. As he appeared, mist starts to flood the entire room, and dead trees from the spooky forest sprouted from the brass floor. Not only that, but the feeling of paranoia lingers once more, and it's not just him. The observers, Ozwald included, felt afraid. "I... think we should skip this-" Before he could even turn the pages, Michael dove headfirst into the haunting beast, firing his rifle with extreme precision. It managed to hit its shoulders, but it wasn't enough to bring him down. The monster lunged itself towards him and tries to claw, his movement swifter than before. He manages to dodge the attack, but the monster followed it with one more attack from its other claw.

It hit him, though it barely classifies as a very lethal attack. It all seems too different from the one he encountered in the spooky forest. "Oz, what the fuck?" He sidesteps before he is caught unaware by the impending attack from the monster. Using the same strategy, he kept his distance from the monster. As it got close to him, affording him little to no room to move around, he phases out and teleports at the back of the monster. He uses this opportunity to fire another round from his rifle.

Meanwhile, Oz is dumbfounded at the strength his opponent faced. Judging by Michael's disapproving statement, the monster should not be stronger than it should be. "Just keep fighting. I'll figure something out." He says as he starts flipping the pages, looking for an answer.

After dodging every attack, and firing every shot, he managed to successfully defeat the daft stalker. He took a moment to collect himself, and not a moment too soon, the gears stir to life once more. The trees all disappear into nothingness and the mist disperses, replaced by stone walls and floors similar to that of the tomb of the Brass Seraphs.

"Skip Memoriam." Ozwald says while reading his book, prompting the gears to whir once more. "I daresay I will not let you fight off against a horde of clockwork sentries. Not again." What was previously ruined stone flooring and aged walls was now replaced by ornaments that are similar to that he encountered in Desierto. The walls are painted with blood and cult paraphernalia lay scattered all around the room. At the center of it all lay a ritual circle made of blood, and as the gears stop whirring, the circle glows a dark red. A being of unbridled rage emerges from it, one that looks like a demonic djinn. This is the selfsame demon that he buried in rubble.

The demon unleashes a swift bolt of dark magic against him, and misses as Michael phased out once more, teleporting away from him. Keeping his distance from him, he fires off another round from his rifle, knowing that no rubble can kill it now.

The demon clasps its hands and the floor beneath Michael starts to shift as it suddenly transforms into a quicksand. As the demon lunges in for the kill, he blinks away from the quicksand and fires off another shot from him. It definitely isn't as strong as it should be, and compared to the one he fought before, the demon standing before him is even more dangerous than ever.

Firing off shots from his rifle, the demon conjures a wall of sand, protecting him from the incoming shots, and counter attacks by unleashing another swift bolt of dark magic. Caught unaware, Michael takes the full brunt of the spell, knocking him back to the far wall. It hurt alot. He starts writhing in pain as the demon goes all out against him, lunging in once more for the kill. Thinking fast, he erects a barrier from his magic, the same barrier that protected the slaves back in Desierto. The claws bounce off and the demon steps away from him.

He starts to gather magic around him, and has collected enough copious amounts of magic power to unleash a very powerful spell. As the demon unleashes its devastating magic, Michael swiftly phases away from the barrier, knowing it can't stand against its attack. The barrier shatters.

The demon starts to chuckle in glee, confident that his victory is nigh.

Olaf grows concerned for his brother, and wanted Oz to halt this magic. Before he could even speak, Giselle held his hand and gave him a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. He's stronger than you think." And with that, Olaf fixes his eyes back at the battle.

Frustrated and angry, Michael ditches the rifle and pulls out his pistol. With added mobility, he is able to run around and attack effortlessly without the added weight of the rifle. Like the trick he used before, he used the explosive round of the pistol to create a thick layer of smoke that makes it impossible for the demon to see through. With the use of his HeXcry, he is able to pin the location of the fiend without needing to see it. The demon tries to disperse the smoke, but to no avail, and Michael picks up his rifle once more, aiming for the head.

He has one chance, probably. When he knew his aim was true, he pulled the trigger, but not before boosting the weapon's power with his magic. As a magic bullet fire off from the rifle, it thrusts through the fiend's head, killing it immediately. And with that, the show is over and Michael won against all odds. The observers cheered in unison at his victory. Now, the show is over.

Or at least, it should be.

[ Word Count - 1946 / 1000 ]

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Knight Owl
    Knight Owl

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Knight Owl 3rd May 2020, 7:20 pm

The gears stir once more. Ozwald and Michael stand confused on what is currently happening. This should be the end, right? Francois, on the other hand, feels something dreadful is about to happen. "Ozwald. Shut it down." He says frantically. Ozwald obliges and chants the closing chant. "Memoriam Close!" However, the chant didn't work. What's disturbing is he isn't even controlling the spell anymore. "What's going on? Ozwald, shut it down!"

"I can't!" He exclaims, frantically flipping the pages for an answer. Try as he might, he couldn't find the answer he was looking for.

As the daemonic decorated walls disappear and blood stained floor rescinded, pristine ivory walls and white blood soaked tiled floor starts to appear in its stead. The walls are decorated with red banners that bears the insignia of the Arch Vorbrundt Order, and the floors are littered with dead bodies, all wearing their uniforms. Giselle is shocked at the scene, tears almost flowing from her eyes at the memory of the tragic fate that befell the order. Olaf felt nauseous at the sight of the dead bodies and excused himself from the room. Francois lent Ozwald a helping hand in stopping the spell.

Around the same time, Michael felt a painful ringing in his mind, and a sudden flood of memories from that fateful day welled up within his mind. His dead comrades, the heretics, and the chaos that followed. He felt rage well up against him, and as he raised his head, he saw them. The heretics, the ones who killed his comrades in arms.

The book, meanwhile, flipped its pages towards one of the blank ones. In it words are etched in dark purple letters. "We are Sepulchre. We are vengeance." Michael feels himself burning up, and once his well of rage peaked, he screamed at the top of his lungs against the enemies. His eyes glowed red and lunged himself towards them, unaware of what was happening. It felt like a different person was taking over him, but he let his emotions take hold of him anyway.

Unknowingly, he dropped his rifle and lashed out against the heretics, his arm turning into that of a demon with sharp claws. With one fell swoop of his sharp claws, the heretics lie down dead. The other heretics retaliated with their chaotic magics, only to find themselves chopped in half by his hands. Giselle looked shocked at the sight of his demonic arm. "He... what is he..."

The room was filled with anguished screams of the thrashed heretics and the floors are painted with their blood. One by one, they all fell. Some of them was decapitated, while others had their limbs torn in half. It was a most grueling scene, one that could not be stomached by the likes of Giselle. "What is happening..." His unbridled rage left no room for mercy against his enemies.

"I have no choice. This better work."

Dedicated, he flipped the pages of the book the one with the spell he cast before. With that, he starts to chant. This time, he decides to alter the words of the chant to his liking, paying that the spell will work as he intended.

"O Needle of Time, mend the mind of tyranny that the unquelled fountain of rage may be put to a still calm river. O Brass Cogs, unwind the gears that the passage of time moves backwards. O Swift Seconds, move up thy momentum that the passage of time be swift. O Ancient Hourglass, weave thy fates, as eon's bulwark against the bleak memories of the past!" While the spell was chanted, Michael continues to thrash against the endless horde of heretics, all unleashing their chaotic magics against him to no avail.

"Chronicle Script!" As he proceeds to close the chant, the gears of the rooms stirs to life once more, this time their movements in reverse. "Flow Reversal!"

The gears in the room moved rapidly as the chant was finished. Like what happened before, time seemed to move in reverse inside the room. As the hordes of dead heretics sprung back to life and turned to ashes, Michael felt like he's about to lose himself. In the middle of the spell, he finally collapses.

[ Exam Word Count - 2653 / 1000 ]

Knight Owl
    Knight Owl

Player 

Character Sheet

Post by Knight Owl 3rd May 2020, 9:27 pm

Michael wakes up feeling weak from the previous ordeal, though had no memory of what happened before he went berserk. He finds himself confined in what looks to be a hospital room. From all the wires he could see, as well as the obvious insignia of the alumni on one of the walls, he deduced he is still in Sanctum Isles. "So, how was your sleep?" A whispers beside him. He turns his head a bit and saw Ozwald's face, looking relieved to see him alive and well.

"How long was I out?" Michael asks his brother. He looked hesitant at first, and finally responded. "Aweek. I'm relieved to see you up and alive, brother. I daresay I could have heard the music of the coffin men." The two siblings chuckled.

"So... what happened to me?" Michael asks.

"It's a... long story. The good news is you don't have to worry going berserk. Well, at least, not now anyways." Ozwald hesitantly responded, expecting Michael express his disdain to him for not being able to control the spell. "And the bad news?" He asks once more, this time Ozwald seemed even more hesitant to respond to his question, even more so on how to explain it. "Oz?" He reaches out to his silent brother. It was until Ozwald sighs and finally explains his situation. "Michael."

"You have demons inside you. Literally."

[ Word Count - 2885 / 1000 ]

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 10:10 am