• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

The Heat of Music

Illya Pegasus
    Illya Pegasus

Player 
    Lineage : Graceful Siren
    Position : None
    Guild : Dies Irae
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 3,665

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Sound God Slayer (WIP)
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

The Heat of Music Empty The Heat of Music

Post by Illya Pegasus on 16th March 2020, 3:44 pm

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP300/300
    MP300/300
    Speed30m/s
    Strength30
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    Damage Taken:N/A
    Healing:N/A
    MP Used:N/A
    Buffs:N/A
    Other Notes:N/A
    ~

Before Dies Irae, Illya was just a normal girl of Magnolia. She worked as a waitress at a few inns, taverns, and restaurants, and she worked as a local idol, performing music at the town's many festivals. Then she learned she was a God Slayer, and she left for Fairy Tail. After Fairy Tail failed to be what the young girl had expected, she fled to Dies Irae, somewhere that pledge to rid the world of evil. Despite all of this action, and all of this intensity, Illya felt strangely alone. Commander West's constantly bitter voice left her with a strange feel of isolation in this island of like-minded people. Despite being the girl who had put on a brave face for the sake of others, she felt alone. She had hoped that Emma and William and Sage would provide at least some companionship, but they were often about on their own tasks. And so, it was much the same as back in Magnolia. It was just Illya and Yemaya. Of course, that all changed a week prior. A fellow guildmate, Benny, had taken Illya for a day within the capital of Fiore. And just two days prior, once again, she was asked out for a day of relaxation within Rose Garden, this time by the mysterious new-coming Demon Slayer, Kenzo. She had been one of the first people to greet him upon entering Dies Irae, and she felt that it was likely the case that he wished to thank her for her hospitality. That seemed reasonable enough to Illya, but there was no guarantee that it was the case.

Just as with Benny, Illya had come into Rose Garden a solid time before the appointed time that her and Kenzo were to meet, and she was merely waiting in the town square, plunking away at a summoned harp. As much as she yearned for the life of an idol, she also enjoyed the freedom and liberties that Dies Irae offered her. She could travel the world much more easily than when she was just a normal girl. This allowed her to see the sights and sounds of her homeland much more easily, and to fully bask in the glory of the beauty of Fiore. Crocus had its majestic architecture and the seemingly never-ending shower of cherry blossoms dancing through the skies. Rose Garden had a much more quaint appearance to it. The slow flow of magic emanating from each and every corner of the town, the naturalistic feel of each house, the light hum of nature itself floating in the calming breeze. Wearing a simple pink dress, Illya let the calm, soothing air of Rose Garden and its magical potency fill her spirits, simply becoming one with life. She was a common person in a life before, and now she seemed to have a return to that life of simplicity and ease, able to just be herself in a world where she could finally be happy. She had been so alone for so long, even being let down by the guild of her dreams, and now Dies Irae had proven to be a safe haven from those thoughts of loneliness. Nico, and Benny, and now Kenzo were friends. A wave of calm washed over the former idol's heart as she let her music take her away to another world.

WC: 0560 | TWC: 0560

Illya's song

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kenzo Yonokaze
    Kenzo Yonokaze

Player 
    Lineage : Power of Apocalypse
    Experience : 848

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Flame Demon Slayer Magic
    Second Magic: Hellforge Demon Slayer Magic
    Third Magic:

The Heat of Music Empty Re: The Heat of Music

Post by Kenzo Yonokaze on 17th March 2020, 6:37 pm

Unseen by Illya, Kenzo leaned against a low wall, simply watching her with a slight smile and listening to her peaceful song. He closed his eyes for a moment, letting the melody wash over him, soothing his soul. When her song finished, the Demon Slayer pushed himself up and approached her, his hands, as usual, in his pockets. Unlike usual, however, he was not wearing either the uniform of Dies Irae or his typical non-uniform outfit. Instead, he was wearing what looked like a tailored suit, with a pair of black slacks and a black jacket with gold buttons and thin gold piping, over a crisp white shirt and a narrow, blood-red tie with intricate, almost invisible gold knotwork. The outfit fitted him closely, outlining his muscular form whenever it pulled against his body. Kenzo also wore a pair of shiny black dress boots, which somehow made very little noise on the cobblestones as he walked up to the young God Slayer.

"Hey there, Illya." he said, his normally bland voice holding a touch of warmth. "That dress looks great on you." He wasn't entirely sure why he felt such an affection for the girl. It was probably because when he joined the guild, she was the first person to talk to him, and she had treated him with such obviously genuine kindness and enthusiasm, something that had been lacking in his life for a long time. She could be a right chatterbox, but after a while of living in silence, it was nice to hear someone talking to him, sometimes.
    Illya Pegasus
    Illya Pegasus

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Illya Pegasus on 19th March 2020, 3:38 am

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP400/400
    MP400/400
    Speed40m/s
    Strength40
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

The final notes of Illya's tune floated into the air, each final soft sound fluttering away as if it had the mind to leave this existence. The muffled sounds of reality finally poured into Illya's ears, the world of music having dissipated into dust. A few of the nearby townsfolk thanked Illya for her song, as she embarrassedly bowed, rubbing an absent hand on the back of her neck. This was what she was used to and, if possible, it was a life she wished to continue living. However, it seemed as if fate had a different plan, and she was instead thrust into a world of twists and turns she had so dreaded. However, this was what the world had planned for her, and far be it from the stubborn and willful Illya Pegasus to stand down from a challenge.

Her self-confidence boost was suddenly shattered by the calming and strangely familiar voice of her newest guildmate, Kenzo. His compliment to her was so simple, yet so touching to the soul. She had been complimented on her looks before, that was nothing new. She worked as an idol over the course of the past three years, after all. She was used to men lusting after her, telling her she had a pretty voice and an even prettier face, not to mention all the other men that would compliment her in...other, less wholesome ways. It was an unfortunate consequence, but one she had accepted. That was not even to mention some of the PR stunts her manager had her perform. The two times she was on the swimsuit edition of "Magnolia: Mistresses of Mystery," among other photo shoots were...embarrassing, for sure, but a way to pay rent. But something about this was different. There was a slightly more genuine feel to this compliment, a foreign feel to Illya, but there was the sentimentality of genuineness and the mild taste of truth in his voice.

"O-oh!" Illya said, slightly taken off-guard. "Thanks, Kenzo! I only recently managed to get my stuff from my old home in Magnolia. I lived there for three years by myself. Well, it was me and Yemaya, to tell the truth, but she's not exactly able to provide much in terms of rent pay and all that, but still. I worked around the town for a while, doing stuff like waitressing and innkeeping and modelling and idoling and a bunch of stuff honestly, I had, like, no free-time for myself, but I still owned a house and was barely able to pay rent to the landlady, because she was suuuuuper mean and she kept hiking the prices up on me because she kept saying 'Oh, you can afford it anyways, doll, you're a hard worker.' But I still managed to keep up on my rent pay! Oh, and then one of my bosses told me that I have this magic that I've got now and that I should join Fairy Tail and I did because, I mean, of course I did, I mean I was a little girl in Magnolia, born and raised and lived there my entire life and then I joined and it ended up being a lot worse than I expected then I saw a flier for Dies Irae and how they're all about justice and eliminating dark guilds and all that, so I left Magnolia in a huff and came to Amber Island and...now I'm here!"

She blinked a few times, taking a small breath. "Aaaaand I just realized I basically gave you my life story without any provocation and you probably didn't wanna hear that from me because I mean why would you, you've probably got a waaay more interesting life than I've had because I'm just...well, I was just a normal girl, and you're this," she put on a deep imitation voice, "'Oh I'm this big and tough Demon Slayer that slays demons!' And then you just have...boring old me." She sighed, crossing her arms and pouting as she took a seat on the edge of the fountain she played near. "So! Um...why'd you ask me to hang out at Rose Garden, Kenzo?"

WC: 0692 | TWC: 1252

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kenzo Yonokaze
    Kenzo Yonokaze

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kenzo Yonokaze on 19th March 2020, 3:58 am

Kenzo smiled to himself as Illya nattered on about her life, leaning himself against a nearby tree with his hands in the pockets of his expensive-looking slacks. He preferred leaning to sitting. It required far less time to push off from a lean than it did to stand, and in some situations that could be life-saving. He knew it was paranoid in the extreme, but he liked to be ready for any possible situation. He supposed it was hammered into him after years of being alone. Never mind his training with Almoth.
    "Honestly, I think you're over-exaggerating my life and under-exaggerating yours. I mean, I've only had maybe three exciting things happen to me, while you lead what sounds like a very full life." he said. "As for the reason I invited you here... To be perfectly candid, I have a reason, and an ulterior motive. The reason is because you were very kind to me when I came to the guild, and I would like to both thank you and repay you for your hospitality and kindness. To that end, I've reserved us a table at a restaurant nearby, if you're hungry. The ulterior motive is because I think you're lovely, and I'd like to get to know you better. I hope that's not too forward of me." He wasn't quite sure why he'd added the last part. Something about the young woman seemed to pull the truth from him. More accurately, he supposed, he felt the need to be more vocal when around her, doubtless because of her own speaking habits.
    Illya Pegasus
    Illya Pegasus

Player 

Character Sheet
    Second Magic:
    Third Magic:

Post by Illya Pegasus on 28th March 2020, 2:29 am

STATS & SUMMARY
    HP400/400
    MP400/400
    Speed40m/s
    Strength40
    (Melee Damage)
    SP1
    (Spell Power Multiplier)

ITEMS ON HAND
    N/A

SPELLS USED
    N/A

COMBAT SUMMARY
    ~

The outright declaration that he had an ulterior motive was, to say the least, a bit worrying to Illya. Generally even her most ravenous fans hit the fact they had ulterior motives with a thin veil of "just being fans." She was, in honesty, bouncing between a feel of worry and a feel of relief. Was it a better thing that he outright said that there was an ulterior motive? Or would she have been better off figuring it out on her own? She hated that this was the immediate feel she had towards it, but her time as an idol trained her to take nothing at face value.

His explanation for his reason and his ulterior motive, at least, did something to dissipate the fears she was holding in her heart for the brief time that she bore a haze over the situation. That said, the prospect of a date was not a foreign concept to her. Oftentimes at her autograph signings, men would ask her out on dates, and it was a weekly occurrence that at least one person would try to propose to her. But there was something different about this. Kenzo did not seem to bear any desire for fame or just a lust for her appearance. There was a genuine feel to his candor. Plus, this would be the first time that there had been a genuine offer from someone with anything more than a middling life of nothingness. Sure, a few high-end CEOs of companies had offered "spots in the lap of luxury," as they would put it, but it was denied each and every time.

"O-oh," she said, taken aback by the proposition. "Can't really say I was expecting something like this from someone as...um...how do I put this? I guess...someone as...stern? Serious? Oh, I dunno what I'm trying to say here!" A flush rushed across her face. "But...I guess this could be a good opportunity to sit back and do some relaxing! Yeah! Dies Irae gets really busy sometimes, y'know? Oh geez, especially with my schedule!" Before she continued speaking, a realization popped into her head. "Oh! Right! The reservation! I...uh...don't wanna pass you up on the opportunity, since you were nice enough to already make a reservation, so I guess I can talk on the way there.

"Right, so, my schedule. I think I've said this a few times in the past, or at least I think I have, but I'm not really all that good with the whole 'magic' thing quite yet. I didn't even know I could use magic until a few weeks back, and apparently Slayer magic is really difficult to come across, so there's only a few people that can really help me get better at that stuff, so...I have to wake up super early for Commander West's training. Okay, well, technically I don't have to, but someone recommended that I probably should, plus it really only feels right if I do such a thing because I don't really wanna be a liability to Dies Irae, but anyways, after training with Commander West, I go and get some food real quick and then, if she's not too busy, I go and get some Slayer training with Commander Sivvy to make sure that I can actually use the most of my abilities, but if she's not available, I try some training on my own, then I usually do a lap or two around Amber Island just so I can stay in tip-top shape! Oh, and if I only run one lap, then I head back to my room and keep on working on my idol stuff in case I ever get back to that job. Oh! That's right! I don't know if I've told you! I used to work as an idol back in Magnolia! I...uh...I might wanna eventually go back to doing that, but Dies Irae is the most important for me! Now, where was I? Oh! Right! After that, usually I go and get some more food since it's like, three in the afternoon at that point. Then I spend like an hour relaxing and all that stuff, but that's, like, the only free time I have, because after that it's back to more training and then I go and work on my instruments and singing or whatever I really feel like, then in for a quick dinner, then back to training and mini-concerts and by then I'm all tired but I still have to do some...uh...other work and then it's already time to sleep and-"

She cut herself off, realizing she had been talking for a while. "Ohmygosh! I'm soooo sorry! I kept talking more and more and more without letting you say anything? So how about you? What do you usually do for your day?"

WC: 0801 | TWC: 2053

Kenzo Yonokaze
    Kenzo Yonokaze

Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Kenzo Yonokaze on 28th March 2020, 3:02 am

0000/0000 WORDS
    Kenzo Yonokaze
    It is not the light that we need, but fire.
    HP: 000/000
    MP: 000/000
    Active Spells: Spell 1 (duration), Spell 2 (x/x posts), Spell 3 (x/x posts)
    Cooldown: Spell 1 (x/x posts), Spell 2 (x/x posts), Spell 3 (x/x posts)
    Passives/Buffs: Passive 1, Buff 1, Buff 2 (only for those that currently apply)
    Items Used: Item 1, Item 2
    Monsters Killed: x/x

"I prefer to think of myself as... austere." he replied once her stream of commentary ended. "And I'm glad for it. Living a life like yours would very likely drive me insane. I'm used to the... simple life, I suppose." As they walked, Kenzo kept his hands stuffed in his pockets, more to keep himself from scratching at his arm than anything else.

"Every morning, I wake up at dawn, and spend a few hours training, dividing up my time between physical and magical training. For a mage like me, who uses a very physical type of magic, maintaining my physique is as important as increasing my magic power." he said. "After that, I take a shower, then eat breakfast in the Mess Hall. I then go back to my room and spend a few hours studying books of magic. I know it seems like an odd thing to do, especially for someone like me, but they help expand my knowledge and increase the depth and breadth of my magic. Once I'm done with that, I get lunch before turning to more... traditional study. I didn't get much education, living in a cave with a demon, so I strive to gain as much wisdom as I do power." After that sentence, Kenzo huffed a quiet chuckle. "Not what you would expect of me, is it?" he said, shaking his head slightly.

Not long after he finished speaking, they arrived at a somewhat fancy-looking restaurant. "This is the place." Kenzo said, and politely held the door open for her.

This is the space for any notes you might have. If you end up writing too much, it should scroll nicely ^w^
    IVYLEAF33

Current date/time is 4th April 2020, 10:07 pm