Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Tricks of the Trade

Albafica Temero
    Albafica Temero

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Player 
    Lineage : The Heartbreaker
    Position : None
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 2,825

Tricks of the Trade Empty Tricks of the Trade

Post by Albafica Temero 3rd March 2019, 6:56 pm

Tricks of the Trade ZUIIBNL

Job Info:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Albafica Temero
    Albafica Temero

Tricks of the Trade Empty Re: Tricks of the Trade

Post by Albafica Temero 14th June 2019, 10:55 am

The Sanctuary, The House of Taurus

The domain beyond the Temple of the Bull stretched far, further than the eye could see. A vast area riddled with remnants of smaller temples, and, if one were to venture through the temple, had a giant plaza stretching out before them, the size of a football field and flanked by a large set of stone stairs at each side. It was here that the Taurus Gold Saint spent most of its free time, training either himself or his disciples. After the attack however, there was little activity upon the field, even at this early hour, only five people ventured into the plaza. Albafica followed Aldebaran closely, on his turn tailed by three of the Gold Saint’s disciples, Teneo, Serinsa and Saro. Teneo and Serinsa were at least a couple of years older than him, while Saro appeared younger, or of similar age as him at most. Although he had not really interacted with them previously, during his time before the sanctuary was attacked, he did somewhat know them. Aldebaran had told him they weren't at the Sanctuary during the attack because he had sent them away to train under one of his acquaintances at a remote location, effectively saving them from being massacred like most other disciples. The azure-haired boy had been happy that they didn't bear witness to the cruelty displayed that night, but at the same time being remembered of the death lingering in his thoughts, he could not help but mourn the day. For he had lost far more than just his friends, his family, his master.

Then again, had it not taken place, what would have become of his life? Would he have grown the way he had now; the knowledge he'd acquired by venturing outside of Sanctuary and see the corrupted, cruel world for himself? True, he had made mistakes, decisions he wasn't proud of… one of those pretty recent even; the murder of a girl he had saved moments before ending her life. He had asked himself why exactly he had been so keen on killing her many times over, but every time he did he couldn't find a proper reply. A hunch. The urge. Perhaps the thrill of the kill that had been drilled into his being during his years as a dark mage, even though he had technically laid low for most of the time. But he had been punished for it almost instantly, by the very entity he had fled from earlier during the Siege on Era; yet now that man had also been the reason he had tore himself away from that life of darkness. This scruffy old man, looking so strange and unkempt yet held a power so tremendous and soul shaking just the mere thought brought adrenaline to race through his veins. He wanted to follow this man; declare his loyalty. But before that, he had to get stronger, do some soul-searching to figure out what to do with his life. Clear his mind so he could decide which path to tread from there on out… reuniting with Aldebaran was the perfect solution to his dilemma. The Gold Saint always knew what to do in times like these.

“Boy, focus on the task at hand. We're not here to daydream, not even when it's still this early!” Aldebaran said, snapping the azure-haired boy out of his inner rambling. He looked up, only to stare into a stern set of eyes high above him. Unconsciously Albafica swallowed the growing lump in his throat. Aldebaran was rather big, wasn't he? Edging a solid 8 feet in height, with a back so broad he could easily shoulder the weight of one of his temple’s pillars, the Gold Saint proved a formidable opponent at first sight alone; his face showed signs of ageing, but his eyes burned vividly within them. Long, white hair hung straight down to about his calves, and was kept kempt back so it would not thwart him during combat. A few stray hairs fought against the order in which his hair was kept in.

“Let's see how well you've been keeping up with your training, Albafica! Wouldn't want to find you slacking off now, would we?”

“That's a bold statement, Aldebaran!” Albafica smiled brightly, stretching his legs and arms alike. Anyone else making this remark would've gotten a sneer in return, if not more of the wrong medicine, but Aldebaran could make these remarks without issue. Albafica trusted and respected this man immensely; and he had reason to say the things he said. After all, years had passed since they last saw one another. “Allow me to show you how hard I've been ‘slacking’ off!”

Head-on, that’s how the youth charged at the giant man, with speed and nimble movements as was expected of his figure and fighting style. Now he was home again, the memories of his old training days swallowed his mind again, and with it the moves once drilled into his very being. Aldebaran did not move, his eyes pinned upon the small silhouette drawing closer upon him. He jumped, fist raised with the intent to strike fast and truthful instead of strong, but the old man’s eyes saw through it before Albafica could even act upon it, and swat him out of the air like one would a mosquito. Relentlessly hit, the youth ricochet back from where he came, barely keeping upright from the force hidden behind the simple move. Shaking his head, the azure-haired youth dove in again, going low. This time Aldebaran didn’t budge an inch and crossed his arms, allowing the boy to strike. Albafica’s punches fell one by one, picking up the pace until his strikes had become a blur of fists, each one of them trying to penetrate the defence the Taurus Saint was oh so proud of. None managed to do so, no matter how much power he put behind them.

Albafica knew his fists were weak. He had the strength to lift whatever one could throw at him; a pillar several dozen times his own weight felt like a box of feathers he was holding. But when it came to combat, no matter how hard he tried, his fists couldn’t harm anyone. Only when imbued by magic could they truly hurt someone; in any other way, they were but fodder unfit of a warrior to use. Aldebaran smirked and peered down on the youth. “Pitiful.” He merely said. Magical energy gathered within the gold saint’s body, and released before Albafica could pull his punches and get out of reach--- the impact felt like a stone bull just rammed its head into his stomach and sent him flying. Several meters further Albafica crashed into the ground, with such force that the stone tiles underneath him broke, denting the once solid surface of the training area. The youth gasped for breath as he tried to crawl back unto his feet. A trickle of blood ran down his chin, but was swiftly wiped away. A glare appeared upon the young boy’s face as he stood there panting, Aldebaran shaking his head.

“What exactly did you want to show me with that pitiful display, Albafica? There’s no power behind your punches, nothing... “

“I know, but that’s not my fault!” Albafica retorted, but saw in the eyes of the Taurus Saint that it was only regarded as a reason to pass the blame to someone else. That look alone angered the youth, but he tried to keep it to himself. Anger never helped him anyway. “I...physically I cannot harm people. My strength remains at its lowest point ever since… well, it’s a long story best kept for another time. But my magical prowess did not suffer underneath it, Aldebaran! Allow me to show you.”

“Very well then… come at me with everything you got, Albafica. But know what it means if you fail this one too.”

“Yes… I know.” Albafica mumbled softly, realising that he was actually putting more on the line than one would expect him to. This wasn't a regular sparring match; to both saints this was a situation of sink or swim. If Albafica couldn't prove that he had the power to back up his claims of being a saint, he would be cast aside. Only the strong could earn the right to become saints, and Albafica had way surpassed his peers back in the day. Had the attack on Sanctuary not happened, he'd already have earned his cloth. But fate had something else in store for him, which had lead to him going down a darker road. Live among the very individuals he was supposed to help vanquish from this planet. Dark mages. Although he'd trained diligently, ever since he'd fallen under the spell of Nightmare's guild tattoo and the curse bound to it, the youth had felt something was different. The very reason he had relied upon his lethal roses more than his physical strength… or rather, whatever remained of it.

Wordcount: 1503
    Total Wordcount: 1503
    Wordcount for C-rank job: 1500 of 1500
    New Wordcount for C-rank Freeform: 3

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Albafica Temero
    Albafica Temero

Post by Albafica Temero 20th August 2019, 3:53 pm

Go at it with everything he had. Right. Albafica hesitated as his hand disappeared into one of his pockets, lingering above the small, round object in it. He sighed and pulled the golden coin out, and stared at it briefly. In fact this was cheating, since this wasn't his strength, but that of an external source enhancing his for a temporary time. Then again, he couldn't afford to be beaten here… not with what was at stake. If he lost or didn't rise to meet Aldebaran's expectations he'd in the best case have to train until he had remastered his old skills; in the worst case he'd be stripped of his title, and banished. And that was something the young saint-in-training couldn't afford at any cost. Being banished meant he would never be able to enter Sanctuary again; if he did he'd be treated as an enemy and killed on sight for disobeying his surperiors' orders. But likewise being stuck in training for another 5 to 6 years to gain permission for the naming tests wasn't something he could do either. Albafica had promised his late master that he would protect the Sogokyu to the best of his abilities, as the temple's grounds had been left in his care. He was literally the only one left to take care of it; nobody else could walk around its poisonous field of roses without losing their life to said roses. Only his late master, Lugonis, and he could.

He bit his lip as he let the golden currency slide down to the tip of his fingers, and flicked it upwards into the sky. His eyes closed momentarily as he wished for his magical prowess to be enhanced, and caught the coin back within his palm. "Let's go." Albafica said as his eyes opened again, the azure orbitals piercing themselves into the Taurus Saint's. He smiled. "Very well." And before Aldebaran could react, the youth had already drawn near soaring above his head. Using the sun to blind his opponent, Albafica rolled around his axis and threw a kick at Aldebaran's neck from above. The tall man did not take any risks and rose his hand to stop the kick; which in the end was a good thing. Now his body was enhanced by his magic and that of the coin, Albafica's power broke through his old threshold by at least a threefold. And his sparring partner felt that all too well. The man cringed and tightened his defence, the pressure of the attack coursing through his entire arm. He grinned as he pushed the azure-haired youth off of him. "Impressive… that's what I was waiting for. A whole lot better than that sorry excuse of martial arts you showed earlier. Again! Break through my defence and you'll have passed the test in my regards!" The attack in all didn't do much damage to the giant golden warrior, who crossed his arms before him, initiating his nigh-unbreakable defensive position.

"I told you I wasn't slacking!" Albafica replied loudly as he back-flipped and squat into a halt. Rising to his feet again, the azure-haired youth looked somewhat worried at his opponent's stance. Aldebaran was known for his impenetrable defence, even among those of his status he was regarded as the strongest in that field. Which meant that the bar for Albafica's passing the test was far higher than it should be… The youth shook his head. It must've been because the Taurus Saint knew of the legacy left in the boy's hands. Why he had to be stronger than the rest. Why he had to rise above. "Alright then… but don't blame me for using this technique on you, Aldebaran." His smile was grim. "There's too much at stake to fail here." He mumbled, slowly raising his arms. Energy started gathering within his palms at an alarming rate, yet the influx was deftly rotated between them without it flaring up even a single bit. The large man before him gazed upon the entire happening with curious eyes, only to realise what exactly the young saint-in-training was doing moments too late. "Wait- how do you know that technique? You're not supposed to--" he asked in disbelief. "I taught it myself, by watching him. Once I understood the principles of the universe the way Defteros told me about, I only needed to see him perform it once to grasp the contents of this technique. So, Aldebaran… brace yourself!"

One by one he could feel the energy of every celestial orbital gather within the fluctuating energy he was managing between his palms, slowly allowing more space between them as to offer more room for the magic of the stars to roam in. Keenly assessing every single one of them so they wouldn't haywire, nor implode the entire miniature universe he was creating at this point. He glanced up, and spread his arms open wide, and just as quickly extended them before his person, pushing the cluster of magic towards the gold saint. "Galaxian Explosion!" His voice resonated through the giant courtyard serving as training grounds as his technique crashed down upon the Taurus Saint, like meteors falling from the sky. Albafica could hear the man swearing moments before the magic detonated right in front of him, the explosion shielding both from their spectator's view.

Wordcount: 887
    Total Wordcount: 2390
    New Wordcount for C-rank Freeform: 890 of 1500

Albafica Temero
    Albafica Temero

Post by Albafica Temero 20th August 2019, 6:15 pm

Although it took only seconds for the smoke to clear, to the young mage it felt like hours had passed. The dust still caught on his lungs, and Alba coughed shortly, waiting for the dust and smoke to settle; his surprise was thus great as he saw the large man tower above him, his eyes looking at him amusingly. His horned helmet had come undone, and laid a few dozen meters behind them, the sun reflected upon it. Aldebaran smiled, genuinely impressed, and ran a hand through his messy long hair. "Well, I must admit, I definitely wasn't expecting you to pull off that move. Especially not at that level of power, I wasn't..." he sighed, but couldn't help but laugh. "Haha, I can tell you, Albafica, Defteros would've been proud of you. Really proud..." he silenced for a moment, seemingly saddened being reminded of his deceased comrade. The azure-haired boy too showed the same expression as the Taurus saint, both sharing memories of the most horrid event that took away most of their friends, comrades and disciples alike. A deep sigh left both, and it seemed as if the wind itself sighed with them, a soft breeze brushing past their bodies, wiping up a handful of dust to blow between them. "Yeah... I think he would've been. Even now, Aldebaran. Isn't that why we're here? He looked up at the giant man, who on his turn looked down upon the young man. "To continue their legacy, rebuild everything from the ashes our enemies have left them in. They may be gone, but they'll never be forgotten as long as any of us can carry the legacy of the Saints. And there's at least the five of us to begin with, isn't there?" he said, smiling brightly.

The large man laughed heartily. "Right you are, youngster. Looks like Lugonis taught you well, both in arms and philosophy alike. He too would be proud of you... I bet he's beaming with pride in Elysium right now." Aldebaran grinned, and nodded in acceptance. "Well, that's what I'm here for after all. To follow in his footsteps. It wouldn't do me well to make him anything but proud, wouldn't you say?" There was nothing the Taurus Saint could bring in to that mindset; he was glad Albafica had survived all these years despite his age, and was even more pleased to know that he actually still held the power needed to thread among the strongest, or at least be able to walk on the path of becoming one. If the stars on the day of his "birth" were truthful, then he would be capable of great things, some even beyond the capabilities of their wildest dreams. Birth wasn't exactly the right wording for it, but they deemed it a such; the day he was found in the Rose Gardens of Pisces as an infant. Laid to die, but destined to survive. The boy had grown, and what he had displayed today was the very proof he needed of that. Aldebaran believed that with the right guidance, within the right environment, he would flourish even greater still... even if it was only to return here after making so many connections, to take up the mantle of his late master and live a solitary life. On he could impossibly share with others. Not unless they were like him.

"Regardless, you surpassed my expectations in passing my test, Albafica. Very well. It's been a while since I was forced to enhance my defence with magic." The Taurus saint moved towards the young azure-haired mage, but ceased midway his movement, flinching and coughing up some blood. Albafica, alerted, shot forward, but was halted by a raised hand. "No, don't worry. It looks worse than it actually is." "B-but, Aldebaran..." His protest was cut short. "I said no. Don't take me for a weakling, boy." Aldebaran said coldly, rising to his full length once more. Despite a few scratches and a dirtied armor, he showed no sign of wounds at all. The young mage wanted to retort, but swallowed his comment instead. he knew when enough was enough. I guess we'll call it a day, then?" Aldebaran nodded softly. "Yes, let's call it a day," He turned 90 degrees and started walking towards the temple, followed suit by Albafica and Aldebaran's three disciples, who'd gone to fetch his helmet in the meanwhile. Once Albafica passed Aldebaran in the temple's doorway, he felt a large hand rest upon his head, shortly ruffling his hair. "You did well, Alba... really."

All Albafica could do was nod as he tried to hold back his tears. He'd been dying to hear those words, after all these years.

Wordcount: 785
    Total Wordcount: 3175
    New Wordcount for C-rank Freeform: 1675 of 1500

Current date/time is 27th April 2024, 5:02 pm