Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

Picking Up Knowledge

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 
    Lineage : Nemean Lion
    Position : Saint of Courage
    Faction : The Luminous Covenant
    Guild : Silver Wolf [Guild Master]
    Cosmic Coins : 215
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Mentor : N/A
    Experience : 11,529,025

Character Sheet
    First Skill: Wind Strike Magic
    Second Skill: Wind Summon Magic
    Third Skill:

Picking Up Knowledge Empty Picking Up Knowledge

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 20th September 2018, 6:03 pm

Wearing her typical outfit of olive green t-shirt and khaki cargo pants with her backpack and Nightshade Machete on her back, Leona also sported her ever-present Argent Gloves and carried an important letter in her pocket. Today's job was to pick up a book delivery for a wealthy collector named Benjamin Rellock. Due to some undisclosed business that occupied his attention, he was unable to obtain his purchase himself and hired Silver Wolf to do it for him. However, Leona would not be alone. She would be working with Desmond, the researcher and occasional prankster.

She was glad for the company. She was concerned that if she returned to Capital Crocus alone after what had transpired a few days ago with Other Eero, it might not end well for her. No one seemed to recognize the blonde right now, which was a good thing. She would be able to conduct her business in relative peace. Leona strolled along the streets until she saw the bookstore named Written Antiquities.

That was where she needed to go. Removing her machete and wrapping it in her desert cloak, she placed the bundle inside her backpack, where it protruded at an angle but did not have the profile of a weapon. Concealing the machete should keep her out of trouble with store security and the town guard. Once she had shouldered her backpack again, Leona walked inside.

-Inside Written Antiquities-

Leona entered the bookstore and was greeted by wall-to-wall shelves and decor that reminded her of an earlier era. The furniture was all-leather and the lighting came from gold chandeliers with clear glass globes. She had not seen anything like it since the Hall of Books from the Three Cities in Desierto. Before she proceeded to explore Written Antiquities, she decided to wait for Desmond and took off her backpack before sitting in a leather chair.

[Word Count: 312/750]
    Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Demon Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 
    Lineage : Truth
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Experience : 1543.75

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Picking Up Knowledge Empty Re: Picking Up Knowledge

Post by Shipping Goddess 20th September 2018, 7:01 pm

A few paces behind the blonde woman was Desmond, trailing a bit off due to him thinking more about his suit than anything else. Not the suit that he was wearing, the one that made him look like he was going to a sort of dinner party or a very important meeting, but rather the magical suit that was currently dysfunctional. It wasn't that the suit broke, but rather it is out of commission while the scientist was putting new and improved touches to it. His lab was dirty and contained various bits of machinery spread about, as well as a mountain of books on the subject of combining traditional machinery and magic. All of that was back at home, but for now he was simply thinking about how to edit it even more, forgetting about-

That's right, the job.

Shaking off the thoughts, the hunter looked up to see the young woman, Ms. Leona - or as she was now the new Guild Master of the guild he resided in, enter the bookstore for the job they were doing. As so, he followed suit. He thought it was a shame, he never did get to meet that Poko Monstar that he heard of. But eh, it didn't really matter.

"Just a transfer mission, correct? I don't exactly like fighting without being able to defend myself. My watch is on, but all I can do is transport my suit here to wear. Nothing else."

That was right, Leona still had no idea what Desmond's magic, or profession was! The only experience she had seeing him actually in action was when he performed a little prank on that new member a couple weeks back, but that was far too long ago now that he actually thought about it. It was strange that it never came up in conversation, but then again no one from the guild never really... talked to Desmond. He wasn't angry or sad about it, he was rather neutral to the fact that he remained alone most of the time. It gave him time to read, at least.
    ---------------

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Picking Up Knowledge M7mHyEw
    Picking Up Knowledge CKWpl03
    Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Main Account- Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Quality Badge Level 3- Ten Wizard Saint Member- Rising Star- Guild Master- Neutral Guild Ace- Z-Rank- Y-Rank- X-Rank- H-Rank- S-Rank- A-Rank- EXP Grinder- Jewel Grinder- Working Together- Forever Solo- Christian Minecraft Server- I Have Friends...- Hired Help- Idolize- The Completionist- Achiever- Expert Achiever- Buddy Buddy- Obligatory Beach Episode- Sticking Around- Loyal to the Bone- Taskmaster- Halloween Social - Halloween job event participant - Richie Rich- Rich- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Magic Application Approved!- Obtain A Secondary Magic!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Grand Master [2000]- Master [1000]- Senior [500] - Novice [250]- 3rd Place Event/Contest Winner- X-Mas Event Participant- Summer Special Participant- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 20th September 2018, 10:53 pm

Leona was mildly surprised to find that Desmond had entered the store just after she did. The green-haired guild member was a quiet type who tended to keep to himself. Still, she appreciated his company.

"Hi there Desmond. I'm not expecting any trouble, but if it finds us, I'll deal with it." Leona said to him. She knew from experience that he did not like wasting time, so it was time to find the right staff member and get the book they had come for. But who to ask?

"Hi there Miss. Remember me?" A blond male with brown eyes and a fancy three-piece black suit asked her. Leona tilted her head a bit... he looked familiar. Then she remembered him. It was Charles from a few days ago!

"Hi Charles. How'd the date go?" Leona asked him. His face had almost fully healed. Bruises were visible only if one looked closely.

"It went well, thanks to you. Claire and I saw the movie and managed to get a table at Ramsee's with time and Jewels to spare. You saved our date." Charles said to her. Leona was pleased. All that trouble had been worth it after all.

"I'm here to claim a purchase for a Mr. Benjamin Rellock. Do you know him?" Leona asked while producing the letter.

"Oh yes, Mr. Rellock! He's one of our frequent customers. He has an eye for rare books, especially magical tomes. I'll get my boss right away. Follow me!" Charles said before walking briskly to a polished wooden counter with the letter firmly in hand. Leona waited patiently at the counter as Charles summoned his boss, an older man wearing a three-piece brown suit and a gold-rimmed monocle. He had an owlish appearance, a look accented by his monocle and modest stature.

"Hello Miss Jarnefeldt. I am Oscar, owner of Written Antiquities. My employee Charles informs me that you are here on behalf of Mr. Rellock." He said to her as Charles handed him the letter authorizing the Silver Wolf mages to retrieve the book.

"Yes sir." Leona stated as she looked him in the eyes. She was here on legitimate business and had nothing to hide from him. She was not afraid of scrutiny. Oscar turned back to the letter and began examining it.

"Hmm... this handwriting looks real enough. But let me delve into the truth of the matter." He said before adjusting his monocle, which projected a cone of golden light onto the letter. The words floated off the page and hovered in the air, permitting Oscar to easily read them and examine them for inconsistencies. He hmmmed and frowned, carefully examining every letter of every word. Leona remained quiet and let the store owner do his work. She could not blame him for being cautious... she had heard that the book had cost at least 80,000 Jewels but could easily sell for more, so it was an obvious target for thieves.

[Word Count: 493] [Total Word Count: 805/750]
    Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Gain An Artifact- Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- Coming Storms- Demon Slayer- Veteran Level 2- Veteran Level 1- Character History!- Magic Application Approved!- Get A Pet!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Join A Faction!- Novice [250]- Player 

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shipping Goddess 21st September 2018, 11:29 am

It was refteshing to hear that they wouldn't be needing to fend off any enemies today, at least the guildmaster didn't expect the need to. If they did, she would handle it promptly. Desmond hated the idea of letting someone else do his part for him, but at the moment he couldn't complain, especially since he didn't exactly have the means to fight. Plus, he just didn't feel like engaging in combat today. Too much of a hassle.

"Alright."

The man put his hands in his pockets as someone else approached the two of them. Desmond didn't pay the couple much mind except for the fact that the supposed "Charles" dressed rather well. He could respect that. However, most of Desmond's attention was placed on the various books in the geography section of this bookstore. While Leona handled her business, he would handle his. He needed to find new maps, as well as region encyclopedea to gain more knowledge on the places around the world. Of course, Desmond would want to experience them by himself, but having a bit of a forewarning beforehand could hurt nobody.

Account of Francis Penn, the Man Who Survived the Spooky Forest?

Desmond took the book from the shelf, and opened it up. The book was apparently by some explorer who went into the Spooky Woods for a week, and managed to come out alive. The hunter heard stories of the Spooky Woods, but the account just seems terrified of things that Desmond would face on a regular basis. Giant snakes, disease-holding insects, etc? It seemed like a cakewalk.

So much for a thrilling next experience... I guess I'll just go up a mountain or something.

Looking back over to Leona and the others, Desmond tossed the book he held atop the shelf, and then walked back there.

"Are we almost done here, Ms. Leona? Or should I say, Ms. Guildmaster?"
    --------------

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 22nd September 2018, 5:41 pm

Leona watched as Oscar scrutinized the letter from top to bottom. He was focused as he pored over every letter of every word. Then his monocle stopped projecting light and his eyes met hers.

"The letter is real." He announced tersely. The owlish man then put on a smile.

"I apologize for the scrutiny, Miss Jarnefeldt. Thieves sometimes pose as our best customers. They frequently present forged letters and try to claim merchandise that has already been paid for. I will not permit such thievery, not on my watch." Oscar explained.

"It's no problem. Really." Leona insisted.

"I will go and get your book, Miss Jarnefeldt. Please wait here." Oscar said before calmly walking into a stockroom. Charles faced her and Desmond, who had inquired as to whether their business was finished here. Almost three minutes later, a muscular man with short black hair who was easily seven feet tall strolled out of the back with a large book in his left hand. He walked up to the counter and gently laid the book down. The book emitted a soft WHUMP as it was set down.

"Thank you, Walter." Oscar said to the tall, muscular employee. He was a mountain of muscle who had arms as big as Leona's torso. One of his covered pectoral muscles was as big as her head. Where did Oscar find such a man?

"No problem, sir." Walter replied before walking away to the back. Leona did not want to fight him. While it was true that raw strength did not mean everything, he had a magical signature that was roughly equivalent to her own. She was not eager to find out what type of magic he could use.

The book that had been deposited onto the counter was a large book with an obsidian cover and the title was written in golden cursive letters. It had an equally impressive title. Leona peered at it and read.

Hidden Knowledge: A Collection Of Writings Concerning The Contents Of The Obsidian Archives

"OK, that's the one. Thanks Mr. Oscar." Leona said while picking it up with her left Argent Glove. She hefted it with the same ease that Walter had thanks to the power of the gauntlets. It would have been very difficult for the blonde to have picked it up without wearing the gauntlets.

"Do come back again, Miss Jarnefeldt." He said while presenting a business card. Leona took it with her right hand and put it into her side pocket. She then looked at Desmond.

"OK, Desmond. Our business here is finished. Let's go to Oak Town." Leona said to her guildmate. She then carefully made her way to the front and opened the door. With a little bit of effort, she managed to make it through the door without damaging anything.

-In the streets of Capital Crocus-

Leona stood outside the bookstore and waited for Desmond. Almost immediately she spotted strange men wearing black who were hanging around outside the shop. They had taken an interest in her, or rather an interest in what she was carrying. She did not like the look of that.

[Word Count: 521] [Total Word Count: 1,326/750]
    Shipping Goddess
    Shipping Goddess

Hero To Be

Hero To Be

Character Sheet
    First Skill:
    Second Skill:
    Third Skill:

Post by Shipping Goddess 23rd September 2018, 8:10 pm

It appeared as though they were just about done as the green haired man walked over, so he got there just in time. Desmond nodded and put on his fedora, then watched as Leona effortlessly picked up the book that was massive, big enough that he probably couldn't lift it even with his hunting suit on. Of course, he assumed that the cause of this was her gloves - they weren't just for show, even he knew that. So, Desmond didn't pay the display of immense strength much mind, as he folded his arms and went outside, being sure to hold the door for his guildmaster.

"Appears we've acquired an audience... I'll tell the paparazzi that we're not accepting photos."

The hunter pointed out a few people in extremely dark clothing, sticking out like a sore thumb from the rest of the people around them. So, Desmond went over to 2 of them, and waved politely, and gave a smile to them. This smile was one that appeared friendly, but was more of a "public appearances first, but I am not afraid to eviscerate you" type of smile. One that showed he wasn't in the mood for interruptions. Desmond valued his time more than almost anything else.

"Hello there, I would just like to say that you're making me feel a little nervous over there. Y'know, with all the staring you're doing of course. My companion and I are about to take a little trip, and I was wondering if you could not burn holes through the back of my head with your gaze? I'm kinda short on time, and I wouldn't want to waste anymore of it on you guys, now would I?"

Desmond kept his smile the entire time, and the people in the dark clothing bowed and apologized. With that, they went off, being sure to take a look back every now and then. He then walked back over to his guildmaster, and gave an affirmative thumbs up.

"That should be that, but if we see anymore of them, I'll be sure to give them the same little chat. Otherwise, let's go."

With his hands in his pockets, Desmond started off.
    ------------------------
    WC Met

Leona Jarnefeldt
    Leona Jarnefeldt

Character Sheet
    Third Skill:

Post by Leona Jarnefeldt 23rd September 2018, 10:14 pm

With the air of menace dispelled thanks to Desmond convincing the men to leave, Leona returned the thumbs-up gesture. She had a feeling that the men would return, but it would not be today. Still, she decided to get out of here before they changed their minds.

"Thanks, Desmond. Now let's get going." Leona said to him, hefting the book into both her gloved hands. Together the pair set out for Oak Town. She hoped that Mr. Rellock was home to receive his purchase.

-Oak Town, Mr. Rellock's mansion-

It was almost nighttime by the time the Silver Wolf mages arrived at Mr. Rellock's mansion. Leona carefully knocked on the door and was answered by a white-haired butler in a three-piece black suit with matching shoes. He glanced down at them with disdain until he spotted what Leona was carrying.

"Oh! You have Mr. Rellock's book! Please, come right in! He's been expecting you!" The man said, all but dragging them inside.

The pair entered the mansion and carefully wiped their feet on the rug laid out for them. They walked down black-and-white checkered tile and were escorted up a flight of marble stairs with thick mahogany rails leading to the second floor. The mages walked past paintings and fine porcelain displayed in wooden cabinets made of mahogany and other luxurious woods. When they came to a set of dark brown double doors, the butler knocked three times.

"Yes?" A strong male voice answered.

"Mr. Rellock, the mages who have your book are here, sir." The butler replied.

"Splendid. Do bring them in." The voice instructed. The doors were opened and the mages entered to face a well-dressed man with graying hair and a gray suit with a blue tie and black-rimmed glasses on his face sitting in a brown leather chair. Surrounding him was a wall-to-wall bookcase filled with books that were older than Leona. He looked the part of a wealthy collector.

"Ah, Miss Jarnefeldt and Mister Troy! You have brought the tome! Please, set it down on this cart and my faithful butler Reginald will do the rest." He instructed while pointing to a sturdy metal four-wheel cart. Leona did as she was told, gently setting down the book so it did not move the cart. The contraption groaned under the weight of the book but somehow retained its shape and structural integrity. Mr. Rellock stood up and gently brushed his hand on the cover of Hidden Knowledge.

"I have waited months for this tome. I had to outbid a Fellerock, two Gormans, and a Narcegie for this book. But this book is worth far more than I paid for it. A lot more. Oh yes, indeed it is!" The collector said with excitement as the hapless Reginald strained to push the cart out of the room. Once Reginald had left, Mr. Rellock turned to them and produced two bags of Jewels. He approached each mage and handed it to them.

"Well done, my youthful friends. Your work here is done. But this is only the beginning of our relationship. I may have more work for you yet. I will keep in touch with your guild." Mr. Rellock assured them. That was their cue to leave. Leona took the hint.

"Thank you, Mr. Rellock. We'll see ourselves out." Leona said to the collector before turning to Desmond.

"We completed the job, Desmond. Let's go home." Leona said to him, slowly turning around and leaving the mansion the same way the pair had entered. She carefully shut the front door. Desmond had proven to be a valuable partner for this job; they would have to work together again some day. It would be a long walk, but the feeling of a successful job would ease the discomfort. Leona started walking... she would lead the way home.

Mr. Rellock's Appearance:

[Word Count: 638] [Total Word Count: 1,964/750]

Current date/time is 18th April 2024, 11:44 pm