Name: Aliarey Casady
Special Characteristics: N/A
Alia is generally an outgoing individual. She's confident enough to approach strangers and rare is it for her to hold in her thoughts. Unfortunately, this means she will often blurt out things that are better left unsaid and regrets it the moment the words leave her mouth. Her tongue is a trouble making devil and has been a cause for getting her into trouble. Only if she is truly concerned about her safety would she keep her thoughts to herself. Another curse of her uncontrolled mouth is that she can be very blunt and hurt feelings. It isn't always intended and at times she may regret saying such things, but it doesn't change the fact that a lot of people often prefer to not be around her. When she isn't making fun of someone for their lack of common sense, she is instead blaming them for any and all mistakes, including her own. She never wants to admit that she is far from perfect and that the trouble she often gets into is of her own making. Seeing her own mistakes, as well as flaws, and correcting them is a work in progress that will take time.
What has changed slightly since the start of her career as a wandering mage is that her fuse is not as short as it once was. She's still impatient and even reckless, those will never change, but her annoyance trigger does pause before erupting into an outright explosion. Teaming up with a couple of others she met along the way changed her somewhat. She had nearly considered them friends and didn't want her tantrums to push them away. What's worse is that time and time again she had put herself in harms way to aid her allies rather than leave them to deal with a situation that had gotten out of hand. Abandoning allies and potential friends she has come to realize she couldn't possibly do. She had gotten close, but every time she turned back around to help. Loyalty is a trait she always admired, but never had she actually applied it to herself. Her own survival was always top priority. It still is somewhat. She isn't stupid enough to jump into something that really is suicidal, and she would question a plan if it seemed to go along those lines. If there is no reasoning for a change of plan, then it is likely that she would bail and leave those that are insane enough to do it. It's not as if she was leaving in the middle of things, which is what she would frown deeply on and feel ashamed about. For those that desert her in the middle of combat, she would never forgive.
Complete trust is hard to earn from her. She's not going to be too suspicious or inquisitive. In fact, it's likely very easy to get past her radar since she believes most things that are told to her. She hates lying and prefers to believe people wouldn't do it since she herself never does. However, when it comes to watching her back and getting her to tell her life story and getting all soft and best friend mushy like, that is very difficult to earn. Alia finds it easier to just not be too close to people, and even those she had considered as teammates and friends had a line drawn.
One other thing the mage can be recognized for is her tendency to be a little lazy. She loves taking vacation days, and sometimes won't do a job for weeks so long as she has enough to live off on for a while. Naturally, an exciting mission will get her off her ass, but don't expect her to get out of bed for something as simple as mail delivery. Alia likes the action and thrill, along with having a good excuse to use her arsenal of weaponry. Jobs she won't take are those that would harm innocent people. Going after criminals is what she enjoys, not attacking the defenseless. Anyone that would dare go to her with such a job would likely get a beatdown right then and there. It's their fault for being stupid enough to think that just because she's a guildless mage that she doesn't have standards. The last thing she needs is to have the Magic Council on her case for being a bad girl. In actuality, she'd rather be on their good side and have her name spread in a good way instead of being a fugitive. Due to this goal, her thieving ways from before have been put behind her, and only in self defense would she kill. Better to apprehend and get some good job credit.
When it comes to battle Aliarey prefers staying out of the immediate danger zone. If she must get close to danger then she will have a get in and get out kind of attitude. If this means she has to drop everything and run like a coward then she will. Self preservation is all that matters, and her sense of pride can recover later. Due to this, she despises battles that are long and drawn out. The more time it takes to finish things up then the more chances an enemy has to gain the advantage or for her or any allies to make mistakes. Calculations don't ever go through her mind, just rash decisions one after another until there are results.
Under a leader she will take orders so long as she believes the leader knows what they are doing. If something is questionable then she will voice her opinion. If it puts herself in immediate danger or a situation she can't handle then she won't abide by them and retreat. Other than that she can surprisingly be quite accommodating so long as the leader has a leash on her reckless actions.
- Cherries - Alia has an obsession with anything cherry flavored. When trying to get on her good side it is not a bad idea to give her such an amazing treat. Just be warned shakes and ice cream MUST have a cherry on top. If it is missing Alia will not be amused.
- Music - Although she seems like the last sort of person interested in any art form, Alia does enjoy good music that gets her pumped up and moving. Anything she considers bad is likely to get some serious eye-twitches though. Calming music is also something she will quietly listen to now and again to keep stress levels low.
- Loyalty - Such a thing as simple loyalty is a trait that even this woman can admire. While she too can show a sense of loyalty it is not to the point of those that show such an undying version of it that it surpasses all manner of common sense. In the end she's all about herself, and she secretly envies others that show such strong feelings towards those that have earned such a thing.
- Running - Be it as part of a daily workout regime or just running away from extreme danger Aliarey loves the adrenaline and leaving others in her dust.
- Weaponry - Collecting an abundance of weapons for every situation is a goal. She loves handling firearms and explosives but she also tends to like trying out other ranged weaponry such as bows. Melee weapons are not her specialty but she does know how to admire them.
- Life Threatening Danger - While she will likely find herself in danger like any other person roaming the world, Alia does not enjoy having her actual life on the line. She prefers the side of life and as such will make sure a healthy lifeline is a top priority in all cases.
- Change - An ironic thing to dislike given one of her motivations. Change is annoying, change is always around, and change is evil! Just when she thinks she has everything in a routine reality gets bored and decides to mix up random things! Trying anything new is rare.
- Children - Dealing with anyone younger than a teen can catch Aliarey off guard. She has no idea how to act around them. They're confusing, always want something, and way too whiny for her to handle. Now some adults may show those same qualities but at least she can scream at them, yell, or hit them. Kids though? Best avoid them.
- Charity Work - She's not exactly heartless, but she does not enjoy wasting time on menial tasks. She prefers the more action packed jobs and even then rare is it that she does them for free. Only at the request of a friend or the threat is super serious would she reconsider...unless given a supreme guilt trip. That is also an option.
- Being a Better Person - No doubt this will take a lot of work. She isn't evil and knows right from wrong, but she surely isn't someone everyone would enjoy being around either. Her personality flaws are well known to her and she hopes that one day in the future she'll have found a more calm and nicer self that has friends she cares for.
- Getting Stronger - A motivation many in this world have for themselves. Aliarey wants to stay alive and does not want to have to always worry about being too weak to overcome the challenges that meet her at the crossroads like ordinary people. Therefore, it's only common sense for her to fix the issue by making herself stronger and eliminate obstacles.
- Jewels - No, not the sparkling kind people tend to wear as accessories. Try the income based type. Aliarey likes going where the money is. Aside from offering cherry sweets, paying her a decent amount is a good motivator to get her to do nearly anything.
- Making a Name For Herself - This goes hand in hand with the Jewel motivation. The more people that hire her then the more income she will bring in. With the extra income she can live however way she chooses. She doesn't exactly care about being the top mage in all of the land for all she requires is a decent reputation to get a list of clients.
- The State of the World - Now Alia isn't going to be some warrior going out of her way to fight for the injustice of every single person she comes across. No way. This is more like if something major is going on that's bad for everyone else then chances are it will affect her as well. Circumstances of this nature must be dealt with so long as it does not get her killed in the process.
- Being Out in the Ocean - The ocean is usually known for its beauty and tranquility, unfortunately, Aliarey is terrified of being out in a boat or ship in the middle of it with no where else to go even on its calmest days. If a storm were to occur she would likely go into a panic attack. No fun cruises for her unless you are cruel. Small bodies of water such as rivers and lakes are not as much of an issue but she still is afraid to be in larger and deeper ones. She can handle swimming pools just fine though so don't be getting any ideas of pushing her into one. You may get mixed results.
- Bees - Probably where she first started to get the idea to always run from anything too dangerous or deadly. At the mere sight of one Alia will take off running as fast as she can without a care as to what she was doing before she saw the threatening insect. She is allergic and will not take chances around them.
- Dying Alone - Dying itself is one thing she would hate to have happen to her, but the thought of dying alone and left as a forgotten memory is haunting to her.
- Being Close to People - Aliarey doesn't care much for the concept of friends and family, or at least that's how she portrays herself. She distances herself from others with her rudeness and blunt personality as a way to protect herself regardless of her inner wish to be able to have a circle of friends. If people got too close they would be able to easily betray or hurt her in more ways than one. Not to mention find out just how much of a coward and weak her inner self is.
Weight: Asking a girl her weight? What is the matter with you?! (150lbs)
Hair: Blonde, straight, usually kept in a high ponytail or let down with the length reaching her lower back
Skin Tone: Light complected
Upon looking at her people would be right in not assuming Aliarey was some sort of fragile princess. She may be tall and thin, but she has the muscles to back up the basic physical training she has done throughout her life which makes her figure athletic and suited for mobility. Her smooth skin is lightly colored and easily susceptible to frequent sun burns and turns an obnoxious shade of red that cannot be masked when embarrassed. Blonde colored hair frames her face, with most of it kept in a high ponytail. A ribbon is tied around it to hold the bundle of locks together while a hair pin is placed inside for extra support and looks. Her bangs are not fully grown out but they are quite long and have a habit of getting in front of her turquoise colored eyes and blocking her vision. Alia's thin eyebrows are generally narrowed into a constant scowl with her mouth locked into a frown. Due to this, she often looks unapproachable or in a bad mood.
For clothing Aliarey likes comfortable fitting outfits. If it's too tight it impairs her movement and ability to breathe, if it is too loose it is just annoying. If it's just another day she will likely be found wearing a short skirt-like outfit complete with fingerless gloves, thigh high stockings, and short boots as accessories. If a planned out job is underway then she is likely to be found wearing a suit of leather-like armor that covers up and keeps her mobile.
Tattoo: Cyan Blue; Left Hip
Last edited by Lumindis on 3rd February 2018, 1:35 am; edited 23 times in total