Name: Aliarey Casady
Special Characteristics: N/A
Alia is generally an outgoing individual and doesn't really express shyness in any sort of way. Much too often her thoughts are said loud and clear, and approaching people comes naturally to her if she has a reason to bother talking to anyone. She's also pretty confident in herself and considers herself to be super awesome in just about everything she does. Aliarey's ego is exaggerated just a tiny bit, but it's pretty difficult for this blonde to see her own mistakes and flaws. She knows they're there, but they're always ignored. It's just way easier to pretend they don't exist instead of bothering to correct them and grow more mature from the experience.
That sounds just like the old Aliarey though. What has changed slightly since the start of her career as a wandering mage is that her fuse is not as short as it once was. She's still impatient and even reckless, those will never change, but her annoyance trigger does pause before erupting into an outright explosion. Teaming up with a couple of others she met along the way changed her somewhat. She had nearly considered them friends and didn't want her tantrums to push them away. What's worse is that time and time again she had put herself in harms way to aid her allies rather than leave them to deal with a situation that had gotten out of hand. Abandoning allies and potential friends she has come to realize she couldn't possibly do. She had gotten close, but every time she turned back around to help. Loyalty is a trait she always admired, but never had she actually applied it to herself. Her own survival was always top priority. It still is somewhat. She isn't stupid enough to jump into something that really is suicidal, and she would question a plan if it seemed to go along those lines. If there is no reasoning for a change of plan, then it is likely that she would bail and leave those that are insane enough to do it. It's not as if she was leaving in the middle of things, which is what she would frown deeply on and feel ashamed about. For those that desert her in the middle of combat, she would never forgive.
Complete trust is hard to earn from her. She's not going to be too suspicious or inquisitive. In fact, it's likely very easy to get past her radar since she believes most things that are told to her. She hates lying and prefers to believe people wouldn't do it since she herself never does. However, when it comes to watching her back and getting her to tell her life story and getting all soft and best friend mushy like, that is very difficult to earn. Alia finds it easier to just not be too close to people, and even those she had considered as teammates and friends had a line drawn.
One other thing the mage can be recognized for is her tendency to be a little lazy. She loves taking vacation days, and sometimes won't do a job for weeks so long as she has enough to live off on for a while. Naturally, an exciting mission will get her off her ass, but don't expect her to get out of bed for something as simple as mail delivery. Alia likes the action and thrill, along with having a good excuse to use her arsenal of weaponry. Jobs she won't take are those that would harm innocent people. Not because of any serious complications with morality, but because she prefers staying off the Magic Council's radar of baddies. She has no issues with stealing or doing other illegal activities though. So long as she doesn't get caught in the process. That's already happened once and it sucked. It's best not to repeat that page of history if she didn't fully learn her lesson the first time.
When it comes to battle Aliarey prefers staying out of the immediate danger zone. If she must get close to danger then she will have a get in and get out kind of attitude. If this means she has to drop everything and run like a coward then she will. Self preservation is all that matters, and her sense of pride can recover later. Due to this, she despises battles that are long and drawn out. The more time it takes to finish things up then the more chances an enemy has to gain the advantage or for her or any allies to make mistakes. Calculations don't ever go through her mind, just rash decisions one after another until there are results.
Under a leader she will take orders so long as she believes the leader knows what they are doing. If something is questionable then she will voice her opinion. If it puts herself in immediate danger or a situation she can't handle then she won't abide by them and retreat. Other than that she can surprisingly be quite accommodating so long as the leader has a leash on her reckless actions.
- Cherries - Alia has an obsession with anything cherry flavored. It's her favorite flavor in pretty much everything. Except cough syrup. That's just an abomination the world should treat as a villain.
- Music - Although she seems like the last sort of person interested in any art form, Alia does enjoy good music that gets her pumped up and moving. Anything she considers bad is likely to get some serious eye-twitches though. Calming music is also something she will quietly listen to now and again to keep stress levels low.
- Loyalty - Such a thing as simple loyalty is a trait that even this woman can admire. While she too can show a sense of loyalty it is not to the point of those that show such an undying version of it that it surpasses all manner of common sense. In the end she's all about herself, and she secretly envies others that show such strong feelings towards those that have earned such a thing.
- Running - Be it as part of a daily workout regime or just running away from extreme danger Aliarey loves the adrenaline and leaving others in her dust.
- Weaponry - Collecting an abundance of weapons for every situation is a goal. She loves handling firearms and explosives but she also tends to like trying out other ranged weaponry such as bows. Melee weapons are not her specialty but she does know how to admire them.
- Life Threatening Danger - While she will likely find herself in danger like any other person roaming the world, Alia does not enjoy having her actual life on the line. She prefers the side of life and as such will make sure a healthy lifeline is a top priority in all cases.
- Change - It's not uncommon to dislike change. Many people become attached to a routine and don't want it turning into something less desirable or chaotic. Aliarey is one of those people. Change has been a curse following her for ages, and although she has accepted it will always exist in her life that doesn't mean she has to like it.
- Children - Dealing with anyone younger than a teen can catch Aliarey off guard. She has no idea how to act around them. They're confusing, always want something, and way too whiny for her to handle. Now some adults may show those same qualities but at least she can scream at them, yell, or hit them. Kids though? Best avoid them.
- Charity Work - She likes jewels. Charity does not provide jewels. Instant dislike.
- People That Talk Too Much - Aliarey's patience isn't that great even if it is better than years past. She can't stand people that go on and on about god knows what instead of getting to the point. Why there isn't a law for this is beyond her. They should all be shot the moment they reach a full paragraph's worth of words without taking a breath.
- Getting Stronger - A motivation many in this world have for themselves. Aliarey wants to stay alive and does not want to have to always worry about being too weak to overcome the challenges that meet her at the crossroads like ordinary people. Therefore, it's only common sense for her to fix the issue by making herself stronger to eliminate obstacles.
- Gain Jewels/Money - Money has always been a good motivator for Aliarey. She doesn't necessarily care about being rich long term. She spends money way too quickly for that. But, she does love being able to legally buy things she wants anytime she wants. Too many things in the world come with ridiculously high price tags, and because of that she seeks to always find ways to get more jewels in her pocket.
- Becoming More Knowledgeable with Magic Technology - Aliarey has seemed to always be around people that knew how to use Magic Technology or Magitech to a great degree. She had ignored it before and didn't really care about it, but as her life continued to become surrounded by it to the point that it's in her very body she has become more interested in it and what can be accomplished with its use. She seeks to understand it more so she can ensure her own magic technology does not take over completely.
- Proving Her Family Wrong - Alia comes from a family that rely on magic that focuses on raw power, strength, and physical combat. They frown on the long distance Requip magic she uses and her combat tactics and consider her to be an abomination to their line for that weakness. She'll prove that her magic is pretty damn strong compared to theirs. One day. Not today.
- Join a Guild - Being without a guild is cool and all. Alia likes the freedom. The idea of being in a guild seems cool sometimes too though. Maybe one day she'll give it a shot if she can ever figure out which one to join.
- Being Out in the Ocean - The ocean is usually known for its beauty and tranquility, unfortunately, Aliarey is terrified of being out in a boat or ship in the middle of it with no where else to go even on its calmest days.
- Bees - Probably where she first started to get the idea to always run from anything too dangerous or deadly. At the mere sight of one Alia will take off running as fast as she can without a care as to what she was doing before she saw the threatening insect.
- Dying Alone - Dying itself is one thing she would hate to have happen to her, but the thought of dying alone and left as a forgotten memory is haunting to her.
- Losing Herself - The magic technology that has been implanted in her has a mind of its own. Or maybe she just imagines that. She can't tell anymore. Alia fears that one day the technology will go to far and she'll no longer be herself anymore.
- Crazy Dark Mages - After completing a mission with a dark mage and her guillotine some time ago Aliarey has decided working with insane dark mages just isn't worth the nightmares or possible loss of life.
Height: 5'11" (180 cm)
Weight: 150lbs (68 kg)
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Tone: Light
Upon looking at her people would be right in not assuming Aliarey was some sort of fragile princess. She may be tall and thin, but she has the muscles to back up the basic physical training she has done throughout her life which makes her figure athletic and suited for mobility. Her smooth skin is lightly colored and easily susceptible to frequent sun burns and turns an obnoxious shade of red that cannot be masked when embarrassed. Blonde colored hair frames her face, with most of it kept in a high ponytail. A ribbon is tied around it to hold the bundle of locks together while a hair pin is placed inside for extra support and looks. Her bangs are not fully grown out but they are quite long and have a habit of getting in front of her turquoise colored eyes and blocking her vision. Alia's thin eyebrows are generally narrowed into a constant scowl with her mouth locked into a frown. Due to this, she often looks unapproachable or in a bad mood.
For clothing Aliarey likes comfortable fitting outfits. If it's too tight it impairs her movement and ability to breathe, if it is too loose it is just annoying. If it's just another day she will likely be found wearing a short skirt-like outfit complete with fingerless gloves, thigh high stockings, and short boots as accessories. If a planned out job is underway then she is likely to be found wearing a suit of leather-like armor that covers up and keeps her mobile.
Last edited by Aliarey Casady on 13th February 2021, 10:49 am; edited 41 times in total