Fairy Tail RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

• Patch Notes •                 • New User Guide •                • Guild Information •

[Duel] Timber!!

Vale
    Vale

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 
    Lineage : Ancient Sealer
    Position : None
    Cosmic Coins : 0
    Dungeon Tokens : 0
    Experience : 200

Private [Duel] Timber!!

Post by Vale 23rd October 2015, 12:58 pm

Weapon vs Weapon duel between Vale and Jaeger. All duel rules apply. Obviously

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Duel] Timber!!  WjF9yCC

Vale
    Vale

Magic Application Approved!- Character Application Approved!- Complete Your First Job!- Obtain A Lineage!- Player 

Private Re: [Duel] Timber!!

Post by Vale 23rd October 2015, 1:26 pm

Carrying ten brushes - all in different sizes - a chisel and knife, magic paint, and hammer while wearing an over sized sombrero was no easy task.

Especially if one happened to be a petite teenager who currently happened to have forgotten that she was a ReQuip mage and could just summon everything she needed once she had arrived at her intended destination. After all, that was one of the major benefits of having her very own personal pocket dimension with unlimited storage. Unfortunately for her, this fact seemed to have slipped Valerie’s mind as she struggled to balance all the items and walk without bumping into people.

More than a few annoyed looks and squished toes later, she finally arrived at a secluded enough place perfect for what she had in mind.

“This will do wonderfully.”

Valerie nodded to herself, surveying the area and smiling with satisfaction. Once she’d dropped her armful of objects into a heap at her feet, of course.

The area was really quite peaceful and isolated from the rest of the busy capital city. A small fountain bubbled nearby, its shallow waters littered with coins both old and sparklingly new. The girl made a mental note to scoop some out later on, her amethyst eyes moving to settle on a lone tree that stood in the middle of the place like a sentry or guardian. Branches swayed in the gentle breeze, pale pink petals fluttering down every once so often. It was a pretty enough tree, she had to admit.

“It definitely needs some sprucing up though. Especially in a bold color. Like a magenta dinosaur, maybe.”

Delicate brows furrowing in thought, the girl picked up a brush and palette and then proceeded towards the tree. Behind her, the items she’d brought vanished as if into thin air - being that she had finally remembered to stow them away until needed. She placed a hand on the somewhat rough bark of the tree, trailing her fingers along the trunk until she found a spot she liked and then began to paint.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

[Duel] Timber!!  WjF9yCC

Nekros
    Nekros

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 
    Lineage : The Sinful Horseman
    Guild : N/A
    Mentor : Adlinda
    Experience : 10,475

Character Sheet
    First Magic: Great Tree Ark
    Second Magic: Extraplanar Force
    Third Magic:

Post by Nekros 24th October 2015, 3:31 pm

The night was long and wonderful. It was full of partying and relaxing with lovely Ladies and Gents of Fiore's Capital, Crocus. Throughout the whole night, Jaeger usually had a woman under each arm as they traveled from scene to scene, having the time of their life. However, by this point in the evening, the lovely gals had already split and the Mage was wondering a secluded place all by himself.

It was rather late and this part of Crocus was very quiet and most of the magical lamp posts have shut off. Of course it wasn't enough to keep visibility down, but just enough that they weren't wasting magical energy. The young mage's eyes were getting heavy from all the fun but he had a grin to show his content and happiness with the night. With such a mood, it would be hard not to fall asleep blissfully. So, the sleeping forest mage did what any normal person would and go to bed. He found a nice tree in this secluded area and merged himself into the tree. It was a pretty decent tree, large and comfy.

Jaeger climbed up this tree, reaching the top portion of the trunk. One of the more recent occasions that he has slept in a tree, he was awoken by a foot to the chest and a blade to his throat. Being higher up would suit him nicely and hopefully keep anyone from just outright abusing him.

As the Sun made its way over the horizon, light slowly crept over the city. Places once dark were now starting to see feel the warmth of the sun. However, this was not the wakeup call this young man had ordered! His head had slipped out of the tree a bit, kind of looking like a weird knot hole in the tree. With his face out, it would be easy for him to wake if someone were touch him or did something to the tree. Jaeger was woken by a cool liquid. It kind of tickled as it also felt like a brush gently running over his face.

His eyes opened to see a beautiful purple haired woman painting on the tree and his face.

"Well hello there Gorgeous. Could you be so kind as to... not paint my face?"

He asked politly and partially unmerged from the tree, keeping his wait and below inside the trunk.

Buff: Legendary+ Weapon Boost ....................................................................................+5% MP.
    Total MP: ..................................................................................................................................105%.
    Abilities Used: Tree Merge - 10% MP .......................................................95%MP Remaining.

Last edited by Nekros on 9th November 2015, 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Vale
    Vale

Post by Vale 26th October 2015, 10:10 am

The universe seemed to object to having a magenta dinosaur painted on that particular tree - or at least that was how it appeared. Valerie had barely gotten a couple of brush strokes in before a polite male voice spoke up, coming from within the tree itself. What followed this strange event was even more out of the ordinary, as a young man - rather, the torso of one - phased out of the trunk as the girl watched in shock.

Letting out a small noise of surprise, Valerie backed up a short distance, almost tripping over her own feet in the process.

Thankfully for her though, she managed to stay upright. Was she having some sort of hallucination? Was this man a tree spirit of some sort? Perhaps the paint she had bought was a bit too magical. Or had the gods of nature taken it upon themselves to play some kind of joke on her for painting on too many trees? It all seemed equally plausible in her mind.

"Hmm. Curious."

Deciding it was best to just find out for herself, she sent her paintbrush back into the pocket dimension and walked up to the man, poking his cheek with a finger. It didn't feel like he was made of tree bark. His skin felt like a human being's and it definitely wasn't a hologram. The girl then went on to place both of her palms on either side of his face and squish him a little bit, all the while thoughtfully eyeing him. It hadn't occurred to her that this could just be a regular mage.

"What are you?"

[Duel] Timber!!  WjF9yCC

Nekros
    Nekros

Quality Badge Level 1- Quality Badge Level 2- X-Mas Event Participant- 1 Year Anniversary- Player 

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Nekros 27th October 2015, 2:00 pm

What an adorable woman. Once he came partially out of the tree, she made such a cute noise from surprise, it nearly melted his heart. however, that adorable surprised look didn't last as now she was wondering what he was. What kind of question was that? He was obviously human! How could she not tell what he was? While this was weird, it was the perfect opportunity to have a bit of fun with this beautiful lady.

"What am I? Such a question. Why I... I am the Great Tree Nekros! Why are you desecrating me with this liquid?"

He pondered. Will the woman believe him? Really, the statement wasn't too far off from the truth. His magic was named Great Tree Arc and his middle name was Nekros. So in a way, he really was the Great Tree Nekros! However, the woman wouldn't know this. so to play along, he would push the envelope a little further. To so this, he looked around, puzzled.

"Young lady, where are we? Last I remember, this whole area was a large magical forest, and now there are these weird structures. What do you call these..."

Would something like this even work? Surely no one would fall for this. The answer is no, it likely wouldn't fool her or anyone of sound mind, but hey, this was a time of magic. A creature popping out of a tree to declare that it had been there for ages an un aware of its surroundings, possible, but unlikely.
    Vale
    Vale

Post by Vale 29th October 2015, 7:10 am

As the man went on to boldly declare himself as the Great Tree Nekros, Valerie's curiosity morphed into gradual suspicion. She wondered if that really was possible. In a world of magic, not much was out of the realm of possibility, she supposed.

“Are you really? That's a silly name for a tree, though. Nekros. Makes you sound like some sort of crazed sorcerer that adorns himself with skulls and has delusions of world domination.”

Obviously, the thing she objected most to was his name rather than his claims of being a tree.

As the tree man person thing - Nekros - suddenly appeared to take notice of their surroundings and grow confused by what he saw, Valerie looked around as well, causing the sombrero to flop down and over her eyes. The buildings surrounding the area were new and foreign to him, at least he claimed so. And Crocus had once been a magical forest in its entirety, according to him. While this fact might very well have been true thousands of years ago, and he could have possibly been a tree, there was no way he had been around since that long. He was obviously lying.

The tree he had come out of seemed less than a decade old.

“Oh, you don't know? They're called speedos. These impressive structures you see before you were once tiny little grains. They're planted in the ground and they sprout up, growing roomy enough for people to inhabit them. Wonderful isn't it? You should ask the next person you meet to let you see inside.”

Valerie finished her explanation quite seriously, nothing about her demeanor or expression giving away that she had just lied through her teeth. The girl had to tamp down her urge to be extremely amused at what she knew would be a hilarious situation if he actually believed her. She didn't want to give away the fact that she was trying to dupe him, that would have been a shame.

“Oh!” Valerie exclaimed quite suddenly as if she had thought of something important.

“If I water your head, would flowers sprout from it?”

[Duel] Timber!!  WjF9yCC

Nekros
    Nekros

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Nekros 30th October 2015, 4:40 pm

Was she serious? It was hard to tell. The expression on this girls face was so un moved, he couldn't tell if he answer was legit or not. Apparently, buildings are now Speedos and they are magical crops that grow into what he sees now. Was this going to be a game of you can get caught lying or who tells the truth first? Were they going to be locked in a stand-off of lying, see who can become the most outrageous? They very well might be.

"Speedos, huh? That sure is an odd name for such a structure... but who am I to question a human on such matters. As The Great Tree, I have never heard or felt these plant like qualities to form such huge things!"

He said sounding astounded at the name and construction of said buildings. Jaeger was the king of growth in these parts! Buildings growing like plants is unheard of! It was so remarkable!

"Whoever came up with such a magic or concept must be pretty masterful of his or her craft!"

He added. However, this would get dull if it went on for too long, might as well end it whole its good so it stays fond in their memories for all eternity. With that being thought, Jaeger casually walked the rest of the way out of the tree, now standing in front of the gorgeous woman who once painted his face mere moments ago.

"Let me Properly Introduce myself. I am Jaeger Nekros Jaeger Nekros Krüger. Mage to the Sleeping Forest Guild and practitioner of Nature and Planet manipulation magic."

He said with a bit of a formal bow of his head.
    Vale
    Vale

Post by Vale 7th November 2015, 7:41 am

Though amusing, their little game of trying to see who could fool the other with the most outrageous of things came to an end. Valerie felt a tad disappointed at this as she had a knack for coming up with ridiculous statements and quite enjoyed using them at every opportunity she got.

Nekros gave in first, and properly introduced himself, choosing to completely phase out of the tree before he did so. He had remained quite the polite and formal gentleman all throughout their conversation. It was the sort of thing a lot of women would automatically like, though of course, Valerie was Valerie and oblivious to such matters.  Jaeger Nekros Krüger - as was the full name he stated, turned out to be a mage possessing a rather unique variant of Nature magic. It turned out he wasn't a tree after all, though surprisingly enough, the girl wasn't disappointed by this. She had seen more than a couple of mages that specialized in plant magic though none of them had ever merged so seamlessly with a tree, to her knowledge at least.

"My name isn't as fancy as yours... I'm Vale."

The sombrero she had been wearing suddenly disappeared, a sleek looking top hat taking its place. Valerie placed her fingers on the brim and tipped it in regards to his bow.

"What else can you do with your magic?" The girl tilted her head to the side and looked at him curiously, her interest in his magic quite obvious. "Oh I know! We should have a duel. I'm a mage as well." Upon uttering these words, Valerie called forth her Sentinel ReQuip. If he declined, she would just unsummon it.

The ReQuip mage eagerly awaited his answer, looking forward to fighting someone who could turn into a tree. Though Valerie wasn't against randomly attacking another mage if they annoyed her enough or if she really felt like it, she attempted to wait calmly for Jaeger to answer her. Something about his conversational manner had gotten her to actually wait for him to accept, rather than forcing him into a fight.

[Duel] Timber!!  WjF9yCC

Vale
    Vale

Post by Vale 7th November 2015, 7:49 am

spells:

70% MP remaining.

sig:

10 magic bullets.

[Duel] Timber!!  WjF9yCC

Nekros
    Nekros

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Nekros 8th November 2015, 2:04 pm

Success. The female had taken interest in the man's magic; It was only natural. A lot of woman become interested in the Great Tree, even some men though he didn't really care too much for that. It's nice to have interested taken in, and it was appreciated, it's just not the same as when a woman asks. But no time for such thoughts! Almost immediately after inquiring about his magic, the young lady proposed a Duel. With the offer on the table, Vale began to glow for a moment. She had changed into some armor/clothing.

"Well.. my magic ca... WHAT?! YOU'RE A ROBOT?!?!?!

Oh man... THAT IS SO COOL!"

The man said, turning into a fan girl over the cyber form that this woman has just taken. Who doesn't like robots? No one! Robots are the coolest and here Jaeger was, face to face with an android of sorts.

"A-anyway, as I was saying..... My magic can cover a lot of ground in terms of use, I'd say three general abilities. I can manipulate and control trees and leaves. Even to the point where I can seamlessly pass through trees and become one with them.

The second part of my magic is that I can manipulate the magic within the planet itself for various uses. I haven't played too much with this aspect to be honest.

Lastly, and probably unexpected, I can manipulate heat. I tend to use this to cause explosions but it can also help in like cold environments to keep from freezing I suppose."

He said but started Gawking at his robotic form. It was just so... out of this world.

"I accept this duel... but you gotta tell me how you did that!"

As he was finishing up his acceptance comment, Jaeger put his right hand into his jacket and pulled out a decrypted pistol. If the woman was going to use some stellar weaponry, he might as well use his as well.

Buff: Legendary+ Weapon Boost ....................................................................................+5% MP.
    Total MP: ..................................................................................................................................105%.
    Magic Points: ................................................................................................ 95%MP Remaining.
    Items Used: Trinity
    Vale
    Vale

Post by Vale 20th November 2015, 11:40 am

Upon Valerie's unannounced transformation, the man seemed to completely lose the cool and collected attitude he had going since they'd met. Instead, he turned into an excited fan - not unlike how one might act upon meeting a celebrity. This was extremely strange and unexpected as it was not the usual reaction she got when she used her ReQuip armor. Most people tended to get wary or upset, not excited. As amusing as this was, Valerie couldn't show any sort of expression while in her Sentinel form, sadly.

Fortunately for Jaeger, he seemed to recover quickly enough and steer the conversation back on track. The Sleeping Forest mage began to explain his unique magic in a short summary, all of it sounding like it would be highly useful in various situations. His magic was named Great Tree Arc, and he belonged to a guild called Sleeping Forest. Was that why he had joined that particular guild? Valerie found it funny to imagine he was the guild's 'gardener'.

Much to the ReQuip mage's glee, her new friend agreed to a duel between the two. She had been half expecting him to decline.

"ReQuip." Valerie answered right after he finished the sentence, activating her Pulse spell as she did so.

The spell would catch Jaeger as she was standing in front of him - since he had walked up to her earlier in their conversation. Without any hesitation on her part, Valerie shot five magic bullets into his head. It wouldn't kill him, as this was just a duel. But it would most likely knock him out.

[Duel] Timber!!  WjF9yCC

Vale
    Vale

Post by Vale 20th November 2015, 11:43 am

Spells used.

armor active ability:

4 bullets remaining.

70% MP.

[Duel] Timber!!  WjF9yCC

Nekros
    Nekros

Character Sheet
    Third Magic:

Post by Nekros 12th December 2015, 8:30 pm

A duel? More like nap time. As soon as Jaeger had finished talking, Valerie quickly requiped into some sort of weapon and stunned him. He was caught off guard and way too close to his supposed dueling partner that he didn't really have much time to react to the situation. After being stunned, he was shot several times straight into the face. Who really does that? I suppose it was within dueling parameters, just it seemed more like a cheap shot to be honest. While the shots weren't deadly, the concussive damage was pretty great. Unfortunately, this... Duel would end in his defeat and him being rendered unconscious.

While unconscious, Jaeger had a bit of a dream. Within his dream world, he was revisiting the monks whom he had been raised by. The mages was remembering the lessons he was taught, the days he went out, against their ruling, to explore the forests nearby. It was a grand time in his life. Little responsibility, while he did get scolded, it was a rather stress free environment. The smell of incents filled his mind, cinnamon scent mostly. Monks everywhere and other children there to become friends with.

Abruptly, the dream ended. Jaeger was laying on the ground and against the tree. It was only some moments to him, but perhaps longer out of the dream world. His head was hurting, a massive headache had brewed and was hatching as he tried to grasp onto reality again.

"Ugh... What happened? I accepted your Duel and then I was dreaming of this Temple I grew up at."
    ~~~

I guess Duel over and this can be a normal topic now?

Magic Points: ................................................................................................ 95%MP Remaining.
    Items Used: Trinity

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 1:37 pm